[Closed] Drizzling Night Foreboding a Monster

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:59 pm

As the rain lightly pitter pattered in the streets of Kumo, the now capital of Lightning Country a Jounin made his way across the streets with his hood tucked tight on his head to protect him from the rain. He watched as young children watched bored from their windows not being able to play outside. With a chuckle he glanced up at the rain as it painted his face. Today he'd be giving a child a monster. Maybe not so much a child but a teenager that was once opposed to taking on his responsibilities as a Chuunin now must be called for a bigger responsibility and role beckoned by the highest office of the Lord Raikage's.

I just hope he will accept gracefully and not refuse... The tall Jounin measuring six feet and five inches with a broad chest and thick biceps approached the door of the Hanaori residence. He glanced at the address numbers as he began to knock with his fist on the door. He hoped to take Takuya peacefully, he was a respectable candidate all wishing peace for Kumo he was chosen by the council for his hopeful thinking. He began to plan out what he'd say, and what he'd do. He knew certainly as Takuya would answer the door, he'd respond with his name and title. "Hanaori, Takuya? My name is Ishimura, Takeda. I wish to speak in private about some matters the council seeks you for."
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Kao

Post by Kao » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Although the quiet neighborhood was at a standstill due to the weather, inside the Hanaori household was a different matter. The modest home was empty save for one Hanaori Takuya, a young shinobi of fifteen who didn't let something like a rainy day stop him from completing his errands and chores. He had just returned home from the market and stashed away several items in the kitchen pantry, then he immediately dived into cleaning the house. But even as he bustled around the house straightening shelves and sweeping, wiping counters and dusting picture frames, his body wanted nothing more than to curl up under a blanket and listen to the rain. But Takuya wouldn't allow himself stay still. He needed to keep his hands busy and stave off an idle mind lest he get lost in his thoughts.

A curt knock at the door wrenched him from his concentration and the boy forced a sigh. His parents weren't due back from the hospital until much later. Whoever was at the door was an unexpected visitor. With this in mind, Takuya peeked though the peephole and after verifying his guest was a completely unfamiliar face, he put on his best and most friendly smile and opened the door. "Hello," he greeted, and the man Ishimura Takeda quickly introduced himself. Takuya's smile immediately dropped when the man mentioned the council. He thought himself an unassuming chuunin and had no idea what such important people would seek him out.

Lightning danced across the sky and illuminated the dark clouds above. Takuya was briefly frozen in place as he wondered what those people would want from him. When a gale howled between the buildings he snapped out of it and stepped aside to usher the man inside. "Sorry but, you said the council? What do they want with me?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Takeda bowed his head in thanks for Takuya welcoming him inside his home. As he stepped in he took note of the arrangement of the house to be respectful and not stumble into anything or bumble around like some buffoon. He took his hood off so Takuya could see his face fully and not hidden by weather or cloth. He was quite the stern man, chiseled chin with grizzly stubble from many weathered nights in the field and at work. He glanced at Takuya which questioned why the council had seeked him out. The older shinobi looked at the younger shinobi with a look as if he were to drop some heavy questions and requests on the boy.

"Do you mind if we sit somewhere? I think its best if we discuss this while having a seat. Relaxes the nerves of both of us." The older shinobi had a slight tremble to his hand hidden behind his cloak away from perceptive eyes, albeit he had seen the civil war of Kumogakure, and fought in several missions against terrors that'd make a normal man fall deathly ill to anxiety attacks. This idea of suggesting to the boy that he should be the Jinchuriki to the Enchougenma terrified him. Albeit younger people were the best hosts, most suitable to bond, and mold with the genma he still did not wish this burden on anyone. If Takuya led them to a table and chairs, Takeda would have a seat as he closed his eyes taking a deep breath steadying his hands.

"I'll explain why the council seeks you in a few, but first a few questions are necessary." Takeda's eyes narrowed, for the village, come hell or high water he'd finish his duty for the village and council. For now he had to calm his nerves and brace himself to convince this boy that he was the right one for the job. "Why is it that you are a shinobi?"
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Kao

Post by Kao » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:58 am

"Sure, this way." Takuya led the man to the kitchen table and politely waited for him to sit before taking his own seat. Something about the man's demeanor and sudden, unannounced visit made the meeting seemed serious, and it made the chuunin's mind race with thoughts of what he could have possibly done wrong. He hadn't taken any missions recently, but he didn't think that would be cause enough for a visit from a jounin.

The kitchen smelled of pine-scented cleaning products, though the aroma wasn't too strong. It matched the cleanliness of the house, reflected the almost obsessive hard work that went into making sure everything was neatly in place. Takuya hardly ever did anything halfway. The jounin wasted no time, and his question caught Takuya off guard. He couldn't count how many times he had been asked that question in some form. Even in his academy days, there was always someone who asked him why he had chosen his path. His answer had changed somewhat over the years.

As a child, he would have answered that he wanted to be a shinobi on order to learn the cool techniques that led his parents and their peers to be so strong and brave. As an academy student, he might have added that the coolest, most popular boys were also the strongest. As a genin, terrified because of the civil war, he would have stated that he no longer had a choice, that he was being forced by his village and family alike.

When he became a chuunin, he resigned himself to his fate as a shinobi. "I'm a shinobi because my village and country needs me to be. I've trained for this since I was a kid, and I can't let all that time and effort go to waste. The village made an investment when they promoted me. Whether I stay a chuunin or advance to bannin...I intend to go as far as Kumogakure needs me to go." He gave a small sigh after his answer, and then his lips curved into a slight smile. "It's not the most eloquent answer, but it's the truth."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Takuya's response illicited a nod from Takeda. He noticed the almost obsessive cleanliness of the house, but from what Takeda could read on the file. Takuya was a meticulous kid, and preferred things in a neat manner. Takeda saw the worried expression grow on Takuya's face before he answered the question. "Please don't fret, I assure you this isn't a negative meeting. The council is actually quite impressed. So much so they request something of you." Takeda lowered his eye sight from Takuya, about to question him the one thing he wished he wasn't tasked to do. However it was a necessary evil, one to protect the village that Takeda would do anything for. He had to at least look the boy in the eye before continuing on. However a look of worry was plain on his face.

"Takuya, are you aware of what Jinchuriki are?" Takeda wasn't sure if Takuya was aware, after all they weren't necessarily paraded around. He had to ensure that the young boy was at least somewhat informed, otherwise Takeda would have to break it down, and he woefully anticipated that he may have to. Takeda continued on after his first question asking another one. "Do you understand the importance they play in the village?" After Takuya's third answer Takeda would give a confirming nod. As he driveled on, unknowingly wanted to stall the big reveal he gave another sigh before leveling his eye's with Takuya. "What do you think of such things?"

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:47 pm

'Impressed?' The jounin's words gave Takuya pause. As far as he knew, he had never done anything worth the acknowledgement of the council. In the brief pause between Takeda's words, he mentally scoured his experiences as a shinobi for something noteworthy, anything that would suggest he was skilled enough to deserve the attention of Kumogakure's council. He came up with nothing, and that fact made him wary of the real reason Takeda was there.

And then, the conversation and the atmosphere shifted. "Jinchuuriki...." He had heard of them in passing, mostly in whispers and rumors. Takuya had never paid much attention to the topic since it didn't involve him or anyone he personally knew, but he he was at least somewhat familiar with it. "I don't know much about them, honestly. Just that they're important to the village in that they're a source of power or whatever." Some part of him dreaded where the conversation was going. Jinchuuriki was a heavy topic, and as far as he knew they were rather dangerous.

"I don't spend time thinking about jinchuuriki. They don't really have anything to do with me, so I don't have a real opinion about them." Growing antsy, the boy's fingers tapped on the table with increasing restlessness. The jounin's expression was grim at best, and the way the man sighed only reinforced his thought that something was up. Finally, he asked, "What's this got to do with me? The council, my thoughts on jinchuuriki.... What's it matter?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Takeda tapped the table as he nodded listening to Takuya's answer. The older man cleared his throat as he used his hands to help what he explained with words. "Well the Jinchuriki are valued members of the village, and some of our most prized assets. They bear a burden most in the village can't imagine, and therefore are comprised of our most dedicated and prized shinobi." Takeda scratched his chin as he cupped his hands together. Rather than wait around and keep beating around the bush, a relieving sigh as he gave out the answer. "We are looking for you to be the bearer of the Enchougenma. Its a duty not to be taken lightly, and we only entrust our most valued shinobi with this task. It means a great deal to Kumogakure no Sato, and we wanna place our trust with you, Takuya."

Takeda's voice sounded more relaxed after he got the request out of the way. His breathing more relaxed and less raspy from the anxiety that plagued him. "Should you accept, we want to start prepping you for the sealing ceremony right away beginning tomorrow. This preparation will be intense and require a lot of work on your part and ours to prepare. We will only set you up for success and nothing less. If you choose to deny I must ask that you keep this a secret between you, the Raikage, and the Council." Takeda reached inside his breast pouch and pulled a scroll with a contract. In between his fingers laid a pen and a small cup of ink that was capped. The contract read if Takuya would accept, it was just a formality, and something to keep a record of.

Takeda turned the paper around with pen towards Takuya as he gestured lightly to the formality. "Please sign if you accept this duty. We only want to ask you to bear this burden on your own terms. We're not looking to do anything devious or to cause disdain for Kumogakure no Sato."

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”