[Graded][Plotboard] Old Enemies and New Friends?

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Thu May 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Sou wasn't sure why he had been summoned to Akino Peak. It had been a long time since Banri had allowed him into the caverns hidden behind the temple, his training and missions alongside the Raikage developing a rift between the Jinchuuriki and the shadowed Bannin. Strangely, the missive hadn't come from Banri or even one of his ever-present but never-seen watchers. It had come from a Jounin Sou had never met by the name of Ishimura Takedo. All he had been informed of was the fact that his services were required in his official capacity as not a Special Jounin but a Jinchuuriki. He didn't like to think about all the possible scenarios in which the Okigenma's powers would be needed because usually it involved less combat and more politics.

Sou hated politics.

Still, he couldn't afford to refuse a direct order, and that was what had led him to one of the highest peaks in the village. He looked out over the mountain range and gave a sigh, enjoying the cool morning air, before turning and slipping through the tunnel behind the statue of the former Raikage. The darkness washed over him, but he had travelled this path enough times to know exactly where he was going. His old training chambers, the place where he had fought time and again against the influence of the beast he held within him. A silent prayer escaped his lips, hoping against hope that he wouldn't be required to tap into the power he wielded. For as much as he and the beast could now function as one, he would never be entirely comfortable relying on a power that had caused so much pain.

Pressing his hands against the dark red wood of the immense doors, he breathed out as much of his tension as he could, steeling his resolve, before looking up with a calm look in his eyes. The groaning of wood filled the hall beyond as he pushed his way in to face whatever was to come.
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Kao

Post by Kao » Sun May 06, 2018 6:19 pm

It was difficult for Takuya to walk though he streets of Kumogakure. It wasn't because of the crowded streets full of children darting about and adults bustling here and there doing errands. Takuya was used to the constant activity, to being around his fellow citizens for the majority of his day. But on that day, as he walked closely behind the jounin Ishimura Takedo, the chuunin found it hard to put one foot in front of the other because he felt as though his entire body was being weighed down. Weighed down by the pressure of what he now was, by the responsibility that had been thrust upon him so suddenly. Weighed down by eyes, both seen and unseen, that followed him wherever he went. Scrutinizing. Waiting. The boy's body felt heavy, exhausted, but somehow he managed to keep up with the man in front of him.

Takuya followed the jounin blindly and every so often touched his face. It felt so thin, foreign, and ever since that day he had been unable to look at himself in the mirror. Somehow he had lost nearly twenty pounds overnight, his eye color had changed completely from dazzling green to unnerving bright blue, and there was a blue mark on his forehead that wouldn't disappear no matter how hard he scrubbed and scraped. He had changed too much in one day and he hated it.

"We're here," Ishimura said, wrenching the young chuunin from his thoughts and self-consciousness. They had made it to their destination, some huge hall in some place that was completely new to him, and he realized with a frown that he was so wrapped up in his own mind that he had no idea how they'd even gotten there. "Where is here?" he asked, but the man - as per usual - didn't say much in response, only repeating himself and watching the heavy doors in front of them.

After what felt like an hour, the doors finally opened and a man stepped inside. He was so average looking that in any other circumstance Takuya would never have noticed him, but from the way Ishimura perked up he knew that the newcomer had something to do with why they were there. "Ah, Nukegara-san," the jounin said politely as soon as the blond came through the door. "I'm glad you've arrived." Ishimura Takedo motioned toward Takuya, who stood stiffly behind them with his gaze glued to the ground. "They've told you why you're here, yes? About the new jinchuuriki."
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon May 07, 2018 12:08 am

He felt it the second the doors opened. A pulse ran through his body from the ends of his hair to the tips of his toes, a wave of energy that spoke of distrust and disgust. Perhaps that wasn't the most accurate way of putting it, he didn't feel it the moment he opened the doors, he just so happened to see the child standing in the room before he noticed anything else. That was what had triggered the sensation. A sensation he realized wasn't his own, one he had felt before when dealing with another child who had unique powers.

"Jinchuuriki." He spoke the word at the same time as Takedo, but the word wasn't his own. It was like the Okigenma within had taken over for just that fraction of a second where he was caught off guard. Clenching his jaw, Sou stepped into the room and closed the great doors behind him. "No. The message was vague, but I can see why now. Don't need that kind of information getting out somehow." Sou tucked his hands into his pockets and made his way across the hall, taking in the latest Jinchuuriki.

He had met the previous host of the Enchougenma once, before he himself had undergone the sealing process. The similarity in appearance was uncanny and he quickly realized that the Genma sealed within this poor kid had a much more profound effect on their outward appearance than his own. What drew his attention more than the obvious gaunt appearance and the bright blue dot on the kid's forehead were the tattoos he could spy on his shoulders. Fuuinjutsu. If he had to guess they weren't the seals that kept the Genma at bay either. Interesting.

"I'm not sure if anyone has bothered to tell you," Sou cut a glare over to Takeda, "but I'm Nukegara Sou. You can just call me Sou, if you like, I'm not big on formalities." He frowned a little when he realized that he knew absolutely nothing about this kid other than what his Genma was forcing on him. There was a constant wave of emotion telling him that this person was not to be trusted, that he would lie and cheat and throw everyone under foot if it meant he succeeded. Forcing that away and doing his best to ignore his connection to Konegu, he focused on trying to get the kid to look him in the eye. "I know this is probably the last place you want to be right now. Trust me, I've been there. But I'm here to help you… adjust, I guess." Sou took his right hand from his pocket and held it out, an offer to shake. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance…?"
Courtesy of SiaShow

Kao

Post by Kao » Mon May 07, 2018 12:37 pm

As soon as the newcomer, this Nukegara Sou, started to address him, the chuunin visibly tensed. Of course no one had bothered to tell him anything about the man or even what was happening. The village had largely kept him in the dark, not telling him much besides the bare minimum. In less than a week his entire life had changed, his body had changed, and he found that each day that passed without knowing anything only served to water the seeds of resentment planted in his belly. After the sealing process he was put under 'observation' and subject to test after test, and even then barely anyone spoke a word to him.

He still had so many questions, but Takedo wasn't at all the most talkative or friendly and everyone else he encountered barely looked at him, so every inquiry was pushed down and his curiosity was left to fester. Still looking down, Takuya held back a scoff when Sou tried to find some kind of common ground with him. Trust me, the man said, even though they had known each other for less than two minutes.

Takuya didn't know what to think at that moment. The chuunin already wasn't the most eager when it came to his duties as a shinobi, and now he found himself being forced to shoulder the weight of harboring a genma. He didn't didn't understand why he of all people was chosen, and now this guy stood before him with words like 'I've been there' that felt like an adult's empty attempt to gain his trust.

Somehow he managed to suppress his growing irritation and finally looked up to see Sou up close. Again, Takuya thought the man was nothing special appearance-wise. That is, until his eyes drifted down to Sou's extended hand and he noticed the strange spikes protruding from his elbows. Weird. "Hanaori Takuya," he replied as he reluctantly took Sou's hand. The boy bit his lip for a moment before adding, "How are you going to help me adjust to all this? Sorry but no one's told me anything and it's..." he paused to shoot a glare towards Takedo, who was idly standing by and staring at the both of them, "beyond frustrating."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon May 07, 2018 12:57 pm

"Takuya. Pleasure." The moment Takuya took his hand, Sou began to draw on the power of the Genma, the red chakra bubbling up around his arm, encasing their hands. Sou had learned one thing in his time as a Jinchuuriki and that was the chakra of the Genma was unique and they could almost always recognize another. "And that is how I'm going to help you. Because we're the same." Taking his hand back, he left the chakra aura surrounding his arm. "I am the jailer for the Okigenma. A fellow Jinchuuriki. You've probably got a lot of questions, so I'll answer them as best I can."

"Nukegara-san, please be sure to help test Hanaori-san's new limits as well, if you please." The jounin spoke up finally, having let the two get acquainted. "It is important that we get an understanding for his baseline in comparison to… prior individuals."

That was an interesting point. Sou had no idea what had happened to the previous host. Satori hadn't been the friendliest individual he had met but Sou understood it was a side effect of hosting the Genma for as long as he had. It was a little disconcerting that he had heard nothing of his death or defeat. Perhaps he had simply plateaued in terms of how far he could go as a Jinchuuriki and Banri decided to move the Genma into a new host in hopes that they could prove to be more reliable. He didn't know and that worried him more than anything, especially considering just how powerful Satori was. Or used to be.

Finally, he turned his attention to Takedo, a heavy scowl on his face. "I can take things from here. You know where the observation room is, I'm guessing. Wait there." It wasn't a suggestion and the chakra around his arm flared. The Jounin bowed his head, ever a beacon of politeness and seemingly unphased by the not-so-subtle threat, before turning and disappearing through a pair of smaller, dull grey doors. Shaking his head, Sou turned back to Takuya and offered a shrug. "So then kid, ask your questions. I'm not going to throw you into the deep end like they want. Not yet."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Kao

Post by Kao » Mon May 07, 2018 2:41 pm

As soon as the strange red chakra bubbled around the two shinobi's hands, he had to immediately resist the urge to snatch his hand away and take a few steps back. The sudden display surprised him, to say the least, and for a short moment he found himself staring quite impolitely at the older shinobi. Sou was a jinchuuriki, which explained his presence and why he thought he would be able to help. But no sooner did Takuya realize Sou's identity, his eyes narrowed and his lips suddenly curled into a snarl. A wave of rage and distrust rushed from his chest to his fingertips, all of it directed towards Sou. But as soon as the feeling pulsed through his body, it was gone. 'What was that?'

He had just met Sou and knew there was absolutely no reason for such a powerful surge of emotion to overtake him. "S-sorry! I don't - I didn't...." He stuttered and looked away from the older jinchuuriki, That was so incredibly rude and uncalled for, and the boy had no idea where it came from. Takuya was quite sure he had never snarled at anyone, especially not within the first five minutes of knowing them. If such rudeness was yet another side effect of hosting the genma he wanted a refund.

Takuya nearly missed Takedo's dismissal, and had he not been so taken aback by his own behavior he would have delighted in Sou's expression. The sound of the doors closing behind the jounin snapped him out of it, and he turned his attention and gaze back to Sou. 'Ask your questions,' he said. It was the invitation he had been waiting for. All his questions swirled momentarily in his head, but he settled on the one he had the longest.

"Why do I look like this?" he began, his voice low and near shaking. It was something that had been more than troubling him since he woke up long after the sealing was complete and he first saw a passing glimpse of himself in a mirror. At first he had screamed, hardly recognizing himself, and in the ensuing chaos as he lashed out against the nurses so ferociously that they had to restrain him. "I look...horrible. Hideous. And no one will tell me why. It's this stupid genma thing, isn't it? When will I go back to normal?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon May 07, 2018 3:16 pm

'I warned you. It's not to be trusted.'

The snarl didn't surprise Sou, he had half anticipated the reaction. The kid couldn't have been sealed more than a couple weeks ago at most. To be honest he was astonished there wasn't a more visceral reaction, if the emotions from Konegu were anything to go by. Ignoring the voice in the back of his head, Sou simply shrugged off Takuya's attempt at an apology. "It's fine. You'll get used to that, eventually. Side effect of your body not being just your own anymore. Your seal is fresh, means that the Genma doesn't have as much influence on you yet, but every now and then you'll feel… twinges of emotion or thoughts that aren't quite your own. At least, that's how it was for me in the beginning."

While it appeared Sou was waiting patiently for Takuya to compose himself, he was in fact having another argument at the same time.

'You should put him out of his misery while he is young. The foul presence that has been sealed within has ruined that human forever.'

'I don't really care what your problem is with the other Genma but you're not wrong. Housing you and your kin is a curse I wouldn't wish on anyone.'

'My power is the only reason you are as powerful as you have become. Do not test my patience, my mortal container. Just because I have yet to take over this vessel, does not mean I will not.'

The sound of Takuya's voice drew him from his internal speech and the frown on his face grew as he heard the quiver in the kid's voice. For all that Sou believed this position was a curse, he had to admit that, outwardly at least, he had been lucky. The only physical change he had been forced to suffer was his jackets no longer fit properly due to the spikes on his arms. This kid… he wondered what he had looked like before being subject to the horror of becoming a Jinchuuriki. With as much sympathy as he could muster without it becoming pity, Sou shook his head and gave the kid the last answer he probably wanted to hear. "It's part of becoming a Jinchuuriki. Our bodies… adapt. The power of a Genma isn't something that can be wielded by a normal human. Even an incredibly powerful ninja couldn't hope to use the power of the Genma without serious repercussions." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Even if you could give back the Genma without dying, I don't know if the changes would disappear. It's… who you are now. It won't ever go away. I'm sorry, Takuya."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Kao

Post by Kao » Mon May 07, 2018 4:16 pm

It was truly not the answer he was hoping for. If there was one thing Takuya had taken pride in, it was his appearance. Despite his family's struggles after the war, despite being far from what one would call an excellent shinobi, he had always - at the very least - had his looks. Now that was gone, snatched away from him because of the whims of the village. His nose started to burn as tears threatened to spill onto his cheeks, and the boy quickly pressed the heel of his palms to his eyes. It was embarrassing to cry in front of a stranger, especially one that was supposed to be his mentor, but he was still very young and he couldn't help it. His appearance had been one of the few things that made him feel good about himself; after all, he had never put much effort into being a shinobi and took no pleasure in training or becoming stronger. For a conceited teenager with hardly anything else going for him, losing his good looks was yet another straw that would push him towards the tipping point.

"Normal human...." he mumbled after a long, wet sniff. He dropped his hands and leveled a long, hard stare at Sou. "Look at me. I was a normal human. Do I look incredibly powerful to you? I can't use this-this thing. What part of me screams that I'm even cut out for this crap? This isn't 'who I am' at all. If I had known I would look like this I would never have agreed to it." He pressed his fingers against his cheeks again, consciously this time, and although he knew he would be met with the sensation of his hollowed out cheeks he had still somehow hoped that they would feel normal again. But of course they didn't. It made him feel sick.

"And you know the worst part? I can't even remember what happened. Some men came and got me, took me to some weird ceremonial...thing and made me lie down. And the next thing I know I'm waking up to some doctors or priests - I don't even know who they were because no one would tell me - poking me and asking me how I feel for days on end and now I don't know where I am and that guy is still watching me and-" he cut himself off with a long gasp, having run completely out of breath due to his tirade. Takuya's voice had progressively become louder as he went on - shrill, even - and only after he stopped to catch his breath did he realize he had been on the verge of shouting full force.

"Sorry," he spat hoarsely as he hugged his arms close to his body. There was a long, long pause as the chuunin tried to collect himself. It wasn't like him to get so emotional, even when he had every right to be. "Is that...normal? Am I just going to start forgetting things now? Forgetting things and yelling when I don't even want to be?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Mon May 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Sou looked away when it seemed like the teenager was about to start bawling. The last thing he needed was to deal with a crying kid. He had never been particularly attached to his looks, Sou was rather plain in comparison to most people, but he had been upset when he had woken up after the sealing and found the spikes on his elbows. He could only imagine how Takuya must have felt having woken up and found his entire body had been forcibly changed.

"That's my point, kid." Sou muttered when he spoke about not looking like a normal human. "The sealing changes you so you aren't a normal human. Not anymore. If you were, the power of the Genma would kill you." Before he could continue Takuya started to speak even more. Well, speak was a polite term. It wasn't quite screaming. It was like the kid was having an anxiety attack, couldn't get enough breath to speak properly, and his pitch got shriller the more he went on. Sou let him get it out of his system, folding his arms in front of him. He had had his moments like this, the difference was he had done it in front of Banri of all people. Sou didn't want to risk becoming as cold as that man had been with him.

He frowned at the realization that he had been told nothing. Exactly where was Banri during all of this? He had received a rather harsh but thorough explanation of his new abilities and role in the village. He had been manipulated time and again by the major players of Kumo, each wanting his power for their own purposes but ultimately all for the same goal. It was horrific but at least he had been given the opportunity to understand. Takuya, by the sound of it, had been denied that. Either that or the lapses in his memory were preventing him from recalling such a discussion.

"Sorry to tell you this, kid, but you already made the choice. You'll have to learn to live with it. If you don't, you run the risk of the beast you hold running rampant through your mind. If you ever let your guard down for even a moment, it's not just you you are putting at risk, it is everyone around you." It was harsh, but true. A fact that Sou had learned to live with and something Takuya would need to face sooner rather than later. "You're a weapon of mass destruction now. Everyone is going to want you. For your power, both physical and political. You may not be able to wield it yet but with time and training you'll master the beast within. You have the potential to be one of the single most powerful shinobi in the world and that comes with a lot of risks."

Clicking his tongue in annoyance, he stepped a little closer to Takuya after he had taken a few steps back earlier. "I don't know why you were chosen. I also don't know why you agreed. The reasons of others are beyond me. All I can do is help you cope and learn as best I can. Your memories should return, in time. The pain of the sealing makes it… traumatic to recall. But they will come back. Take solace in the fact that you don't remember for now. When the memories come back, you will wish they hadn't. It means that the adaption process is complete. You'll start hearing the voice of the Genma more clearly. Feeling its presence more keenly. You will have to get used to the fact that you are never alone anymore."

Relaxing his posture, Sou let his arms fall from their folded position and let them hang by his sides. "Nothing I'm going to tell you is going to be what you want to hear but you need to hear it all the same. Right now you might feel like you can't use what you have been given but that will pass and you need to be ready for what is to come. The life of a Jinchuuriki is one of constant sacrifice. Your life isn't your own anymore. So get it all out now while you have the chance."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Kao

Post by Kao » Mon May 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Takuya wished he could tune the older jinchuuriki out. He wanted to disregard everything the man was saying and hold onto the hope that maybe one day things would go back to normal. Maybe he would wake up one day and his eyes would be green again, his cheeks would be full and that damned blue dot on his forehead would finally be gone. He wouldn't be so skinny anymore and he could go back to being an average chuunin at best, dodging his uncle's incessant nagging for him to take his training seriously and make something of himself. He wanted to be normal again, or at least look normal, but this Sou guy was telling him that it was impossible.

He changed his mind. He didn't wanna deal with this anymore.

But Sou's no-nonsense demeanor made it clear that he no longer had a choice in the matter. This life was his now and it didn't even truly belong to him. There was no taking it back. Takuya blinked once, twice, and each time he did fat tears rolled down his cheeks. In his long speech, Sou had at least touched on many of his remaining questions. What happens if I change my mind and don't want to do this anymore? What do people want from me now? Do I even want to remember what happened during the sealing? True, he could stand for a bit more elaboration and he had even more questions, but the boy no longer had the energy to ask much else.

"So what now then?" he questioned as he sunk to the floor while wiping him face. His tone was calmer now, free of traces of his earlier frantic outburst. The tears had stopped, temporarily at least, but he still felt as though he had absolutely no control over what was happening to him. "If this is my life now...if there's really no going back then what am I supposed to do now? How are you supposed to help me adjust to this? Because honestly I don't think I'll ever get used to this." One by one he popped his knuckles, and each time he did he listed something Sou had said that he wasn't quite okay with. "Lost memories. Returning memories. Living weapons. The voice of the genma. Sacrifices. I've already sacrificed my face, what more do you want?"

Takuya stopped for a moment to look around and for the first time take in his surroundings. His eyes fell on the grey doors that Takedo had disappeared behind, and the sight reminded him of what the jounin had said earlier. "That's right...Takedo said something about testing my limits. What's that supposed to mean? More genma-jinchuuriki crap? Are we supposed to bond now?"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue May 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Crouching down but not sitting so he was still at eye level with Takuya, Sou's frown remained when he noticed the tears had dried and all that escaped the boy was a sound like he was old and tired. The kid really had no idea what he was in for. The life Sou had been forced to live was lonely, but it was one he had agreed to for the betterment of the village. It was like Takuya genuinely had lost everything in losing his appearance which was only the start of the journey he was about to undertake. The older Jinchuuriki didn't know how long this kid would last or even why he had been picked at this point. He lacked resolve.

"You'll get used to it because you have to, not because you want to." Sou growled, grabbing the kid by his shoulders and dragging him to his feet. "I want you to think about something. Imagine the people you love most. Your parents, your family. Those faces, those memories, you need to always keep them in mind. It doesn't matter if you think they would be disappointed in you or proud of you for your choice, just picture them." Even as he spoke Sou could still see the image he had first seen when he had become a Jinchuuriki, the first time he had ever interacted with Konegu. How the beast had shown his family not just dead but dead at his hands. "You get used to this because if you don't, those memories, those faces, they're gone. You think you've sacrificed a lot because you've lost your looks, but that isn't even the start of what you will lose by the time you're ready to leave these caverns."

Sou let out an angry breath and let go of Takuya's shoulders, turning away to pace a bit to try and work out his own frustrations. He told himself he wouldn't do what Banri had done to him and yet here he was being just as harsh. Scrubbing the back of his head, he turned to Takuya with a look of barely restrained pity, sympathy, and just a little anger. "I'm not telling you this to hurt you, kid. I'm trying to make sure you survive. I'll understand if you hate me by the time we're done. I'm going to be a constant reminder of what you lost. Just remember… this decision is one you made. All actions have consequences that we have to learn to live with. Being a ninja isn't a good life. It's already one filled with pain, anger, aggression. We act as peace keepers by becoming skilled at violence. To be a Jinchuuriki is to take that to a level beyond anything anyone else could hope to match."

He clicked his tongue once more at the mention of Takedo. "No, kid, they don't want us to bond. They want me to beat you until you can no longer stand and force you to draw on the power you now hold. And then they want me to keep you using that power until you look like you're about to lose control entirely or die before I shut it down." Sou offered a sardonic grin, one filled with self-loathing, before folding his arms over his chest again. "So unless you feel like spending another week under the care of those prestigious medics and priests, I suggest you keep asking questions. Because once we begin, we won't stop."
Courtesy of SiaShow

Kao

Post by Kao » Tue May 08, 2018 2:38 pm

For a long moment Takuya simply held Sou's gaze, his own eyes were completely devoid of feeling. He was tired of the conversation, weary of facing the fact that things had changed too suddenly and too completely and that he was already regretting his decision. The boy allowed himself be yanked to his feet and offered up no resistance, and when Sou instructed him to picture the people he loved he obliged. Even though he wanted to ignore Sou's words he still heeded them and pictured his mother, his father, even that damned uncle of his who made Takuya's business his own. That was who he was, someone who did as he was told even when every fiber of his being wanted otherwise. It was what convinced his family he had the potential to be a great shinobi, and it was probably one of the primary reasons the village had chosen him to be their next jinchuuriki. Despite his personal feelings, he obeyed.

He rubbed his shoulder when Sou released his grip, continuing to listen. The chuunin sighed at least twice Sou went on and on about how he had made his decision, about consequences and the hard life of a shinobi. At that last bit, an image flashed in his mind - that of his father's broken body bound to a hospital bed with his mother dutifully glued to his side. The life of a shinobi was troublesome indeed. Takuya's mind started to wander - that is, until Sou finally told him why they were truly there.

'Oh...crap...'

Takuya took a few quick steps back and nearly tripped over his own feet.. This guy was kidding, right? There was no way he was brought there just to be beaten until he was near death. Right? He tried to convince himself that the older jinchuuriki wasn't serious - even though everything about the man suggested he wasn't one to kid around. When Sou's expression changed it sent a shiver down the chuunin's spine. This guy definitely was not joking.

"Don't...don't come any closer." He tried to sound less terrified than he was but failed miserably. His voice shook almost as much as his knees. He had no idea what rank this guy was, but Takuya had enough sense to immediately know he was outmatched. He wouldn't stand a chance. After all, he had never truly taken his training seriously. "You can't beat me up, that isn't allowed. Right? Just stay there OI ISHIMURA!" The doors didn't open and there was no sign of the jounin escort or bodyguard or whatever his purpose was. He turned his attention back on Sou and tried to think of some way he could get out of this. "Let's be friends instead, yeah? Friends don't - friends don't beat each other up. So uhh you're what, a jounin? Special jounin? How long have you been a jinchuuriki ISHIMURA I'M READY TO GO!"
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

Sanjuro

Post by Sanjuro » Tue May 08, 2018 2:55 pm

'So, that's that, huh?' Sou watched Takuya back away and start screaming for the Jounin who had escorted him here. The blond shook his head at the display. No one would come to help him, this was what they wanted. Sou's fingers curled into a fist as he felt his chakra begin to swell and the voice of the Okigenma perked up, having been essentially put on 'mute' by Sou after the first waves of distrust and hatred.

'You gave them the chance to do this the nice way. I believe your masters would like you to let me loose now, my container. Besides, I want to demonstrate just how powerful we are in comparison to any of our so called kin, to ensure none of you mortals forget who the true leader of the Genma is.'

'That would be us humans, right? You belong to us now, after all.'

Taking a few steps forward, the red chakra of the Genma began to bubble up from his skin, first from his arms, this his back and chest, his legs, until finally he was entirely covered in a red shroud of power. As the chakra emerged, his skin tone shifted from it's usual slight tan to something closer to white and more spikes began to grow along his arms and from his back. "Sorry kid. Really, I am." He lifted an arm from where they were folded over his chest and the aura responded, stretching out to wrap around Takuya in an instant. "This is the first stage of the process. Tapping into the power of the Genma you hold causes a shroud of chakra to appear around you. I imagine it'll look different for you, but it is what gives you access to the most basic of powers you now wield." The extended arm flung the boy across the room, away from the doors that Takedo had vanished through. "The more power you draw on, the more the shroud changes you to become the beast. The deeper you go, the more you open yourself to the influence of the beast. A door, once opened, goes both ways. Always remember that."

Reeling the arm back in, Sou stood there with a blank look on his face, hands in his pockets, waiting for Takuya to stand. "Question time is over. Your lessons begin now."
TechniquesShow
Form 1

[Hell Bound]
D-Rank Aura Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Form One or higher active.
Having spent time mastering the use of his Aura in combat, Sou is capable freely extending his portions of his Aura, such as limbs, up to 10m as needed. This extension occurs with a speed and strength equal to Sou's (Mastery+Control)/2, lasts for a single post, and can only be applied to a single limb at a time.

[Demonic Grasp]
D-Rank Aura Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Form One or higher active.
Having spent time mastering the use of his Aura in combat, Sou is capable freely expanding parts of his Aura up to triple its current size as needed. This expansion lasts for a single post and can only be applied to a single limb at a time. The expanded limb still functions with a speed and strength equal to Sou's (Mastery+Control)/2.
Courtesy of SiaShow

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”