[Closed] Healing Hands

Tydie & Kat only

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Kenshin Yasu had no idea she'd been out for a week. From time to time her eyes would flutter and she would catch a sentence here or there, but she could never quite understand what was going on or what was being said before she simply fell into 'sleep' once more. She didn't understand what was meant when one of the medics said she nearly died. She had no idea that her sealing had been accompanied by a constant stream of Iijutsu to keep her alive all through it. The only thing the girl knew was when her eyes did finally flutter open and stay open, her entire body hurt. She groaned quietly, feeling like something heavy had fallen on her. As she tried to move her fingers, they felt like lead and for a brief moment she was worried she couldn't move them at all. They felt so heavy, and near numb, that she had to lift her head to watch them move. Even lifting her head felt like a great deal of effort.

Her throat was so dry she felt like the desert had come to dwell within it and let out a cough. Turning her head she could see a glass of water on a nearby table and tried to reach for it. Her hand moved nearly in slow motion, her fingers twitching as she tried to get to it. "Why can't I get it?" she asked quietly, her voice raspy and the simple words felt like dragging sandpaper into her throat, bringing a harsh cough out of the girl's lips.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by TyDie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:32 pm

The past week had been hell for Ieyasu... Of course it had been worse for his new ward, the newly sealed Genma host, but that didn't make his hardship any less valid. Spending hour after hour stuck at a hospital, watching her as closely as he could to ensure her survival, being unable to work within his trades or take missions while he waited impatiently for the young girl to awaken. It sucked, to be blunt. Time wasted was money lost, and after a week he was beginning to wonder if he could just set up a jewelry table in her hospital room. In the back of his mind though, there was more concerning him... That sealing was hell.

"Tch... Can't believe they did that shit to a little girl. She wasn't ready for that. They're lucky they're paying me good for this, i'd have half a mind to beat some ass..." Ieyasu continued to grumble to himself for a good few minutes, not realizing the girl in the room was now awake... That is, until he heard shuffling, and a dry raspy cough filled the room. Immediately he turned his attention to the bed, seeing the girl awake and reaching for the cup of water next to her bed. "Shit, hey don't move dammit! Hold on, let me help." The six armed man moved across the room in a flash, grasping the cup with one hand while helping the girl sit up with two others.

"Easy girl, slow, small sips." When she was satisfied, he'd lift the glass away from her and put it back on the table, taking a step back to examine her more carefully. "Huh... glad you pulled through kid."
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:41 pm

Yasu didn't fight him, honestly she couldn't even if she wanted to. Her arm dropped as she felt him lift her and helped her get her water. She sipped carefully, coughing once as she got a little overeager. But as she finished he finally took it from her and she took a few deep breaths and turned her head slowly to look up at him. "Do I know you?" she asked quietly, still a little out of it as she became more aware of her surroundings. She felt like everything that had happened was a dream, the mindscape, the genma, all of it. She also suddenly became aware of the sheer amount of arms that Ieyasu had, but she hardly had time to react as she noticed something else.

Looking down at her own arms she saw the red spikes protruding off her elbows and visibly flinched. "It... was real." she muttered, lifting her eyes to look at Ieyasu again. "Pulled through?" she asked. "I mean, it sucked, I hurt like hell but... it seemed easy. What do you mean pulled through?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by TyDie » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:58 pm

The Spider shrugged nonchalantly as Yasu asked if she knew him. "Eh. Kinda. Not really. But that's not important right now." The young host slowly came back to reality, becoming more and more aware of her surroundings and the events of the past week. "Yeah, it was real. Helluva time too, we weren't sure you were gonna make it." She seemed to doubt that bit, thinking it was a piece of cake. If only she knew. "Oh hon, it's been a week since your sealing. You've been in the hospital, in and out of consciousness, for the past 5 days. They had to perform emergency Iijutsu on you half way through the sealing. Honestly, this conversation is a miracle."

He was never one for sugar coating things, especially not for those of his people who were fellow shinobi. If they were capable of serving in the military, there was no need to dance around these sorts of things, no matter how young she was. Plus, she now bore host to an entity far more ancient and powerful than either of them; at this point, he really wasn't concerned about beating around the bush. "But hey, whether by an inch or a mile, you made it. At the end of the day, you won the battle." Ieyasu gave a light smirk and nodded his head in affirmation, crossing his arms as he turned to look out the room's window. Once his face was no longer visible, it fell back to a serious scowl.

She won the first battle, but the war within this child is far from over...
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by Willoria » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:34 pm

Hearing what had happened while she was in the mindscape honestly left Yasu so very confused. She couldn't understand how all that could have happened and yet what she remembered seemed almost serene. "But... I mean, but what I saw..." she shook her head as she tried to understand. "It was like I woke up in a shack and took a walk, how on earth could I have almost died if that's all that happened when I was out?" She sat for a moment as if she were trying to process what had happened, her mind a mile a minute and yet seemingly going nowhere.

"You're painfully dense, child."

Yasu visibly flinched as she heard the voice echoing through her mind and swallowed hard, blinking several times before she turned to Ieyasu. "Wait... who are you then?" she asked him. "Shouldn't my parents be the ones waiting for me to wake up?"

A sigh echoed through her mind. "Ignoring me won't help... you told me you wanted this, you were determined when we met. So much so that when you came near death you still fought to make it to me."

TyDie

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by TyDie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:57 am

Ieyasu shook his head at the young, and now very confused girl, who seemed to have trouble making sense of everything that had occurred during the sealing. "That's not surprising. I don't know a whole lot about what happened last week girl... Hell, I don't even think I know your name to be honest!" The man smirked and scratched his head, realizing he really had done all this just for the paycheck... "But what I do know is this; everyone's sealing is different. Some people get sealed and they're up and moving the next day. Others it can take weaks, and others... Well, let's not get in to that. Point is, you're alive and... maybe not 'well', yet, but you'll get there."

The mention of who he was finally came up, and he shook his head. "You already know that your parent's know what happened, right?. If you recall that conversation, the Raikage must've mentioned that there would be people watching your every move in case something goes wrong. Well, i'm people. I was instructed to watch over your recovery, make sure you were stable, and inform people when I could confirm that. I'll also be tagging along for a lot of the stuff you do in the future... Think of me like a bodyguard." He puffed out his chest a little before extending one of his six arms to the young girl in the bed in the form of a shake. "Hatsume, Ieyasu. Your parents, by the way? They're here too, in the waiting room. I'll tell them you're awake on my way out to inform the Raikage of your status."
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:04 pm

Yasu couldn't help wrinkling up her nose as Ieyasu simply called her 'girl'. She found it rather annoying, even as he admitted he didn't know her name he called her that which just irked her further. "My name is Kenshin Yasu." she said, almost defiantly. She couldn't help but to shake her head as he continued, and she still felt thoroughly confused.

But as he told her what his role was, she felt herself simply stop breathing for a moment. It was like a rock rose up in her throat and she swallowed hard. "A... bodyguard." she remarked quietly, as the realization hit her. She was starting to remember more of the Raikage's conversation with her and her parents, and she began to realize more and more of what was happening. "Are you guarding me... o-or the village?" she asked hesitantly, some part of her already knowing the answer. 'If I fail... he becomes my killer...'

Her serious thoughts were rather quickly interrupted as he introduced himself and she nearly snorted. "You're... your name is Ieyasu... so you have my name as part of yours?"

TyDie

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by TyDie » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:11 pm

Ieyasu was a little thrown by the girl's defiant response, stating her name boldly despite her weakened state. A hand went to his chest in sarcastic shock, and his mouth fell agape. "Well well, you're a sassy one aren't you? I like it." He didn't have time to continue with that line of thought, as the realization of what he really was dawned on her. She wasn't the least bit shy about asking him the question either; what was his priority here? Her life, or village security. Luckily, Ieyasu had had a week to think about that himself, and it took him no time to respond with a toothy grin of determination.

"Both. I have no intention of letting you get to the point that I have to protect the village from you. If I have any say in the matter, you'll be the best jinchuuriki this village has ever seen. Believe me... my paycheck counts on it, and I don't play around when it comes to money!" He laughed at himself again, a sort of light hearted laugh meant to move past the tense situation... He wasn't one to linger on those sorts of dark moments. Apparently neither was Yasu, as she too realized the hilarity of their names. "Yeah, Yasu... That's gonna get confusing quick isn't it? How about you call me 'Roku' then. It's part of a nickname of mine, and it'll at least help us keep each other separate."

He turned back to the window, once more hiding a serious look as his thoughts went to the question she had asked him... where did his interest lay, exactly? He was paid by the village, so that's where his loyalty was of course... but could he bring himself to do that if the need arose? He'd killed for money sure, but this was different... she didn't deserve that. Even he knew that. "Do you need anything, Yasu? How are you feeling?"
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:03 pm

Naturally when Ieyasu called her sassy, Yasu did the first thing that came to mind and stuck her tongue out at him. Though to her credit, she did quiet and listen as he answered her statements and questions, rolling her eyes at his comments about money. She didn't say anything about it immediately, but it stuck in her mind until he asked her how she was feeling. "Does it matter how a glorified paycheck feels?" she snipped at him, rolling her eyes again and flopping back in bed in frustration, naturally causing pain to rip up her back. She did her best to hide it but her jawline still tensed and she still whimpered at the feeling, turning her head to look away from Ieyasu as she took a few deep breaths to try and quiet the pain.

'Less of a shinobi and more of a paid mercenary isn't he? Hardly worth protecting. Tell me not all of your village has become as such.' Konegu grumbled in her mind, causing a light flinch from Yasu. 'Yet again you flinch, get used to me, you're sharing my space now. You shouldn't be so surprised by it, do you keep forgetting the deal you struck? I may be this village's protector but you still struck a deal with a devil child.'

Yasu felt tears begin to slip from the corners of her eyes, still looking away from Ieyasu. "How am I supposed to be okay? Only crazy people have voices in their head and now I..." She couldn't even finish it, shaking her head instead as she sniffled and felt her desire to cry rise rather than stifle.

'You asked for this, so quit pitying yourself as if this was forced upon you somehow. You begged for this. This is a gift, and you're near squandering it.'

TyDie

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by TyDie » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:54 pm

Ah shit, he hadn't intended for her to take his words so sensitively. He should've known better though, no one goes through what this little girl went through and comes out the other side ready to crack jokes. With an embarrassed chuckle he turned to look at her, hoping to reconcile quickly, but unfortunately that wouldn't be the case... she was already on the verge of tears, questioning her sanity. Gah, he sucked at these sorts of sticky social situations. "Hey, easy now Yasu. You're not the first to go through this trial, harnessing the power of this creature for our village's sake. Many of our previous jinchuuriki have gone on to live full and happy lives, serving their village in ways no one else ever could. And of course it matters how you feel... In fact, i'd say your feelings are more important right now then anyone else's in the whole village!"

Ieyasu walked closer to the girl's bed, sitting on the foot of the bed by her own feet and resting a single hand on her shin. "I came off a little harsh earlier. I'm... not really good at this sort of thing. You know, talking and being a social, normal person." Hopefully a joke, or rather a painful self examination, would bring light to the grim situation. It sure made him laugh at least. "But i'll make you a deal. I'm willing to learn how to be more considerate of you and your feelings, if you're willing to stick with this and try to power through all the weirdness of your new situation, to try and make some good come of it all."

He extended another arm towards her in the form of a shake, doing his best to put on a warm, friendly smile. "Come on, Whaddaya say?"
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Yasu was taking deep and shaking breaths, trying so hard not to cry and near failing. She could feel the genma within her sighing with frustration and that only served to terrify her. She tried to nod as Ieyasu tried to reassure her, and she even reached out to shake his hand. But as her hand touched his, the girl visibly flinched. 'Be wary of this one, girl. He may be all smiles now, but he will not hesitate to kill you later.' The words from the genma caused Yasu to blink rapidly, and the girl pulled her hand away from Ieyasu quickly as she stared at him, eyes wide.

"Does it ever lie?" She asked him, her voice shaking as she heard Konegu grunt in displeasure.

'I am Konegu, not it, child. And I will never lie to you. I will help you protect those you love, those you care about. Part of protecting others is knowing who you cannot trust. This man will bring your parents pain they cannot bear, he will rip their child from their arms and leave you a corpse in one swift blow. You can't forget that.'

Yasu was terrified, and that fact was betrayed in her eyes as Konegu's words sunk in, and she found herself desperately wishing she had never agreed to this.

'You are stuck with me now, child. It is myself, or death, and would you really be the one to bring that upon your family?'

TyDie

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:43 am

Ieyasu let out a long sigh as he turned to face Yasu again, a more serious look on his face instead of the smile he sported moments ago. She was intent on keeping this serious it seemed... He understood that though. This was a serious situation that Yasu found herself in. "Yes, Yasu. Everyone can lie. I imagine that Konegu is no different. You don't have any reason to trust me, or Konegu, or anyone really. Trust is something you have to be careful about giving... But I can tell you one thing Yasu." Ieyasu paused a moment, considering how best to phrase his words... He didn't want to set her off this early in her life as a Jinchuuriki.

"You have no reason to believe me, but I promise you that I will do whatever I believe is in the best interest of you, and this village. You can always trust that I'll do whatever is best for my wallet, and i'm being paid to ensure your safety and growth. Part of that means you have to work with Konegu and grow with him, come to some level of understanding. And part of that also means not giving in too much, not letting him take over. You have been chosen to strike a delicate balance here, and for what it's worth, I trust you to do that. Only you have the power to do this Yasu, and I believe that you can."

Ieyasu wasn't normally one for such motivational speeches, but he'd have to learn if it meant keeping the new jinch comfortable and calm. Truth be told though, he wasn't lying; he did believe in her. But she had to believe in herself, or this new life of hers was doomed before it started.
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by Willoria » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:50 am

Honestly what Ieyasu said brought comfort to the girl, but of course the comfort was momentary as Konegu latched onto one thing that the man had said. 'A man motivated by money is fickle and can change his mind at the drop of a coin.' Though Yasu was happy at first, she frowned rather quickly and shook her head. "Easier said than done..." she muttered, already trying to figure out how to work with Konegu. "Its like listening to a stubborn, paranoid, old man..." she added, hearing something to the other side of the room and turning her head.

She saw her parents entering and blushed rather quickly. Of course someone had seen she was awake and notified her parents, why wouldn't they? But for a moment Yasu had forgotten about them and almost immediately the spirit within was trying to guilt trip her about it. Her mother swooped in for a hug and started questioning her quickly about how she felt, but it was her father who looked to Ieyasu. "How's she doing?" he asked, rather point blank. The man played a piano for a living and ran the club with his wife, but he didn't mince words much. "Anything we should watch for in particular?"

TyDie

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:29 pm

Ieyasu chuckled, crossing his arms and shaking his head as Yasu stated her opinion of the genma."Hmhm, yeah... My understanding based on what I was told is that Konegu is known to be paranoid and protective... to an extreme fault. If he had his way we'd all be 'safe' under his tyrannical empire. Your goal is to protect us, yes... but not like that. People need what freedom we can give them, otherwise safety is meaningless. Always remember, life without freedom isn't life at all." Ieyasu intended to expound more upon that particular subject, but they were suddenly interrupted by the young genin's parents.

Almost immediately the mother was upon her with a hundred questions, and the father came to him with only two, though easily the most important ones. His serious face came back as he spoke to Yasu's father, his arms still crossed and his demeanor becoming more professional. He'd also bring the man away from his daughter for a moment, letting the mother distract Yasu while he explained things discreetly. "She's awake and stable now, obviously. But she still needs her rest. The most important thing is to keep her calm, and realize that you may notice some... changes in her personality. These are the influence of the genma. It's unavoidable. Whatever you do, don't push her, don't anger her, and give her space if she needs it. If you have any concerns, approach me or another shinobi overseeing her first. And if she... well, i'm sure the worst case has been explained to you already."

That was about the jist of it as far as he saw it; as long as Yasu was kept calm and happy, the genma wouldn't have the means to take over... He didn't bother mentioning that she also had to undergo extremely emotional events to delve deeper into it's power. That... wasn't for him to know. As far as the parents were concerned, they needed to be the good guys that she could turn to after the big bad shinobi pushed her to her limits. That's right, Ieyasu was going to have to be the bad guy sometimes... He couldn't put that on her parents.
Active Characters

Willoria

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Yasu might have been confused by what Ieyasu said, and had more questions, but the sudden appearance of her parents pushed it all to the side. She saw her father talking to Ieyasu while her mother practically smothered her. She could feel Konegu rolling his eyes, if he had any, in the back of her mind and she had trouble not following suit. "Mom- Mom- MOM!" She saw her mother flinch as she finally stopped talking and fussing, causing Yasu to sigh. "I'm okay, I swear. I feel no worse than the days I've trained too hard, I'll be fine, you can stop doting on me." Honestly the way her mother was freaking out was upsetting her and frustrating her.

She looked over at Ieyasu talking to her father, her father's head ducked like he was trying to keep his tone low enough for her to not hear. It was a look she'd seen before that she hated, a look her parents usually shared when she was in trouble. "Is this really what my life is going to be now?!" she suddenly demanded, looking at her father briefly before looking over at Ieyasu again. "If ALL of you don't mind, I need some rest, and I want some time alone."

Yasu's mother looked like she was going to protest, but her father put a hand on her shoulder and the two shared a look before they exited the room. Meanwhile Yasu herself just laid back down and rolled over, pulling the blanket up over her head without another word.

TyDie

[Closed] Healing Hands

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:58 pm

Before the girl's father could respond to all that Ieyasu told him, the girl suddenly let loose her frustration and asked everyone in the room, including Ieyasu, to leave. Her mother was hesitant, but her father heeded Ieyasu's warning and took the mother out of the room with him, leaving Ieyasu with the young jinchuuriki hiding under the covers... It reminded him of children who hid from monsters under their beds, buried in the blankets so they wouldn't get them. Those sheets will do nothing to stop the monster inside you, child...

Ieyasu started to leave, but before he did he had one more thing to add. "They worry about you, Yasu. And they are right to. Try not to hold it against them. I'll let you rest now, but we'll be seeing each other a lot more from now on. All I ask is that you get used to that reality. Please, get some rest." If the girl had nothing more to say, Ieyasu would leave as well, and let the nursing staff do whatever they needed to do.

I believe in you Yasu... Don't let that bastard win.
Active Characters

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”