[Closed] Crashing Party

Kabu & Kat only

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[Closed] Crashing Party

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:50 pm

[Plotboard] New Friends The day had already been a welcome change and even fun for Yasu. She was hesitant to let it end really. There was a moment when she thought she should go home, after the candy shop, but instead she had grabbed Jun by the hand and lead her to a familiar place. It was a club of sorts that was run by her parents. She walked right past the front doors where customers in formal dress were already beginning to enter as the sun began to set, and down a hill to a side entrance. No one batted an eye as the owner's daughter made her way through the kitchens and a pair of offices before emerging in the formal restaurant itself. "My parents call it 'The Speakeasy'." she was explaining to Jun as she lead the way. "They wanted something higher end, formal dining, formal dancing... that sort of thing." she added, motioning to the dining room which, while large, was filled with formal tables dressed, prepped, and ready with white tablecloths and shining silverware. She also motioned to the other side of the room where a large dance floor waited, directly adjacent to a stage where a piano currently stood beside a closed current. She could see her father already on the piano bench, starting to pick at a few starting notes.

Yasu fell quiet for a moment, listening to the first few notes before smiling. The music started out very lightly and kept the smile on the girl's face. "I practically grew up here." she explained to Jun, motioning to the stage. "My mother will probably be dancing up there before long." she added, grabbing Jun by the hand and leading her away to a corner table. "But come on, we can enjoy our candy over here where they can't see us from the stage." she said, grinning as she took a seat and looked to her friend.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

[Closed] Crashing Party

Post by Kabu » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Jun was very pleasantly surprised as not only did it seem their day was going to continue even further but Yasu had been the one to take charge this time, her surprise only growing at the sight of the fancy place that she had been led towards and then into, though through a side entrance rather than the front door, the girl beginning to feel a sense of awe and wonder as they entered what was clearly the main restaraunt. "Whoa, this place is amazing. So this is how the upper class lives." she said in awe as she looked around. She had known to some degree that Yasu was part of the upper class but she hadn't known at all about anything like this.

Soon enough she was able to finally take a seat, having been led to a corner table out of sight of the stage, taking a breath as she looked over towards Yasu, a grin on her face. "Gotta say, this is a really nice place. The music is nice, the atmosphere is nice, the building is beautiful, I could get used to it." she said between mouthfuls of chocolate, having already taken out her candy and chosen a piece to bite into the moment she had gotten the okay to do so.

"Though I also gotta say, I really wonder what high class food tastes like. I bet it's pretty incredible." she said a bit absentmindedly, her stomach seeming to be talking for her as she had gotten lost in the blissful world of delicious sweets.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

[Closed] Crashing Party

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:25 am

Yasu took a seat at the table, setting her finds from the candy store on the table as well and shrugged at Jun's awe at the place. "Honestly some days I hate it." she remarked. "Mom lectures me on what I eat and how much, but this place is just pure indulgence itself. I don't see the point of it. It's just people showing off money they either don't have or boasting of what they do have." Yasu frowned as she looked down at the tablecloth and couldn't help a bit of a snort. "My gu-My Sensei would probably love this though. He's pretty money motivated."

'Really? Are you just going to continuously complain about being comfortable? It's not a bad place to be if you want to protect others. Protection is more than just physical you know.'

Yasu grimaced at the words of the genma and shook her head. "Sorry, I guess I'm complaining a lot."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

[Closed] Crashing Party

Post by Kabu » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:05 am

Jun rose a brow at Yasu's near slip but otherwise ignored it, letting out a chuckle, shaking her head at Yasu's attempt to apologize for her complaints. Really while she couldn't entirely understand, she did have a good idea of where the girl was coming from with her gripes, and very much believed that she was well within her rights to speak them out loud. "It's fine, it's fine. Everybody has something to complain about every once in a while. Even someone as easygoing and lazy as me has their gripes, like for example I can't stand messy eaters or those who don't bother to clean up after themselves. Believe it or not I actually do most of the housework at home, not that I really mind. Ma and Pa think its strange but I enjoy doing it. I feel a sense of satisfaction in seeing a tidy house and I also really enjoy cooking, which I'm actually pretty good at." she responded, realizing in hindsight that she may have said too much but she didn't particularly mind. Really sharing these things was just another step towards becoming better friends, though it did bring a mischievous thought to mind.

"Say, you know..." she began, leaning in close towards Yasu, crossing her legs as she did. "I'd be happy to cook something up for just the two of us sometime if you'd like. It's the least I can do for my best friend and it'll be good practice for learning to please my future wife. We could even call it a date." she continued, closely watching Yasu's face for any kind of reaction. Of course she did mean it all but she was wondering just how her good friend would react to such a thing.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

[Closed] Crashing Party

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:19 pm

Yasu grinned as Jun talked about how much she loved to clean. "I think my parents would love you. One of the hardest positions to keep filled here are the bussers. Their job is to clean and clear tables when customers leave, and reset them for the next ones. People often get lazy and quit doing it right which ends in a lot of complaints and problems." Yasu shrugged and shook her head, chuckling. She never thought Jun would love cleaning, or honestly anything that required work, but she was glad to hear there was something. Yasu had been taught to work so much that it was a wonder she really had any spare time. It was part of why she loved this corner table, her parents hardly noticed her here.

Now she was sitting here enjoying her candy with a friend, still under their noses and without their notice. She was surprised when Jun suddenly invited her over and paused to think about it a moment. "Sure, that sounds fun." she finally replied, smiling. She hadn't missed that Jun said 'future wife' where she was used to classmates fawning over boys, but she wasn't bothered by it. If anything, she liked hearing it. "What are your favorite things to cook?"

Of course in the back of her mind Konegu was chuckling.

Kabu

[Closed] Crashing Party

Post by Kabu » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:53 am

She hadn't quite gotten the reaction she had thought she might but still Jun couldn't help but grin at Yasu's acceptance of her very sudden invitation. Some day soon she would have to get her parents out of the house and think up a menu but if she had her way it would be a perfect day. She wasn't sure why she felt so strongly about this event but all in all she liked the thought of cooking for her friends, especially for Yasu in particular. It wasn't a bad feeling whatsoever, it actually brought a bit of a warm feeling to her chest.

However in response to the question that the girl asked of her... she did wonder for a moment what to say but really given the situation she could only think of one proper answer. "Ma doesn't let me use the stove very often, doesn't really trust me with it, not that I can blame her, so I mostly do a lot of baking. Can't really share my secrets though. That's gonna have to be left as a surprise for our special day." she responded with a girlish giggle and a wink, some part of her having a great deal of fun with this, even more fun than they had already been having.

"So Yasu, got any foods you either love or really can't stand? As you, and our other classmates, very well know I can eat almost anything that's put in front of me so this kind of information is very important if I'm to prepare a decent menu and make our dinner as memorable as can be." she said after taking a moment to chow down on some more of her chcocolate, a light blush crossing her cheeks at that last part. Really now... no matter how much she meant it, saying things like that really wasn't in her nature. She seemed to be doing a lot of things today that weren't in her nature. It made her happy to be spending time with her friend like this and hopefully even more in the future but...

Was that really all there was to it?
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

[Closed] Crashing Party

Post by Willoria » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:16 pm

Almost completely naive to what she was agreeing to, Yasu grinned as Jun promised some kind of a surprise. Yasu loved surprises, so long as they didn't come from her parents, plus the amount of sugar she'd already consumed had her practically bouncing in her chair and a smile permanently plastered on her face. The girl picked up another piece of peppermint bark and continued to nibble on it, tilting her head as she thought over her friend's question. What was her favorite food? "Uh... honestly I don't know." she finally said, blushing slightly. "I've always been forced to eat whatever is healthy, so I just have gotten used to eating whatever is put in front of me. Never occurred to me to like or not like something." Though a quick thought popped in her head and she frowned, making a face. "Except brussel sprouts and asparagus... I can't even make myself eat it." she said, shaking her head.

She turned and watched her father continue to play the piano, finding herself excited at the prospect of hanging out at Jun's house. 'I can see what I actually like... and not worry so much...' she thought to herself, smiling.

'You are quite naive for a shinobi...'

Kabu

[Closed] Crashing Party

Post by Kabu » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:38 pm

Jun couldn't help the large grin that was currently on her face as she watched her friend bounce around and enjoy her candy, unsure of whether her apparent hyperactiveness was due to excitement or because of all the sugar from the candy, though regardless she was happy to see it. She very much hoped that they would get to hang out more from here on and this would be a sight that she would get to see more often. And who knew, maybe one day in the far future she would get to see even more than that.

But do I want that simply as a friend? And when did I start having these thoughts? she thought to herself. Ah well, in the end it really didn't matter when or why it started. For all she knew it could have started from the day that they had met, but again it didn't seem particularly important

What did matter was that she needed to make their dinner a success and to that end she knew that she would need to pull out all the stops, the first of which was avoiding foods that her guest didn't like, the revelation of which caused her to let out a snort as she stopped herself from laughing. Really she wasn't laughing at the revelation itself but rather at the face she had made. "That's all? I'll admit that sprouts are one of the few things I'm not very big on myself so that's a bit of a relief. Glad to know I have some room for experimentation though. There are a few things I've been wanting to try out. I think you're going to really end up loving it" she said, grinning all the while.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

[Closed] Crashing Party

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Yasu seemed to suddenly perk up as her father shifted from one song to another and a light blush started crossing her cheeks. "Oh god mom knows I'm here." she muttered, looking up at the stage quickly. Her father's piano was positioned on the floor against the stage, and on the stage itself she saw her mother motioning her to come up to her. "Shit." she muttered, quickly pulling off her sweater and throwing it over the back of her chair as she stood up, revealing the spaghetti strap shirt she wore underneath. She turned to Jun quickly. "Uh... stay here for a bit, I won't be long." she said, explaining quickly. "Mom makes me perform with her sometimes, I guess she spotted me and decided this was a good time." she added, turning and making her way to the edge of the stage where her mother pulled her up.
The piano began as her mother stepped out of view and at first Yasu's movements kept with the beat of the keys. Up on her toes and back down for each, her mother's vocals beginning before she spun across the stage, arms out. Her expression was near blank as she moved, her skirt spinning with the motions of her feet as she leaped from one tip of the toe to the other, bringing up one leg quickly and back down. Her movements all seemed to be ballet in origin, the flow near perfect from one to the next, just as she'd been taught.

Kabu

[Closed] Crashing Party

Post by Kabu » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:42 am

"I suppose I should feel lucky getting to see you dance. I'm looking forward to it." Jun said with a small smile, waving as Yasu left her and made her way to the stage, Jun herself soon turning in her seat to watch the performance unfold, blinking a moment as she took in the sight of her friend about to perform. She had to admit that the sight of Yasu on stage was a very marvelous one, almost as if she truly belonged up there. And in some ways, maybe she did... She was dressed for it and she had said that this was a repeat occurrence so no doubt she had had a lot of practice as well.

I've always thought this look would suit her but who knew she would have such a stage presence... Jun thought to herself, feeling an unfamiliar thumping in her chest.

And it was then that the performance began, Jun herself being practically mesmerized by Yasu's perfect movements, carefully watching how her every step seemed in sync with the music. It was an absolutely lovely sight, the girl being broken out of her trance only as she noticed that she was beginning to have a nosebleed, her cheeks burning a bright red in embarrassment at her own inability to control herself as she dug out a tissue to clean up the blood and continued to watch Yasu dance, that thumping from just moments ago making a reappearance.

She may not have known why she was acting so strangely or why even just the sight of Yasu dancing would cause her to react so strongly but what she did know was... nosebleed or no, she could absolutely stand to see so much more of it.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”