The First of His Corner of the World to Bear Witness

Fanho, Hayate, Kat

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:16 pm

As Fanho stepped on-top of a cliff range he could see the billowing banners, winds, and shape of Kumo's circular disks which its towns people lived on. In-between two mountains over a ravine is where it was suspended. As dangerous as it seemed the city was quite sturdy, safe, and collected up here. High above, it was hard to spot unless one had prior knowledge. After all Fanho was sent directions to Kumo for him to be able to travel north, he'd be the first Konoha shinobi to travel this far up north, and he had to make sure he wouldn't be the last as well. Dying wasn't something he wanted to do, and he hoped the Raikage wouldn't want his head for any sort of unintended insults. The young Bannin gave a chuckle to himself as he imagined what sort of power the Raikage held, it'd sure have to be frightening.

"That would be quite frightening, indeed." As the Bannin trudged down the mountain at a happy walking pace his scarf wrapped around his neck and lower face where only his eyes was shown he walked along the road with his hands in his pockets. As he trucked through he noticed lots of building in the area around him, and had to only assume this was the academies that he had heard about being build with Hayate now at the helm of the entire country. As he approached the gates of Kumogakure he stopped at the foot of the stairs with the guards peering down at him. He could tell how uneasy they were, it appeared that they weren't used to outsiders. Despite Fanho's pre-approval to be here, he could tell there was an uncertainly among them. For such a neutral nation for so long to harbor another village's shinobi, it would be foreign to many. Maybe even at the disapproval of the Raikage's own council. As the thoughts raced through his head he slipped a hand out of his pocket as he waved to the guards awaiting the Raikage himself who was to meet Fanho. He was curious if an entourage would be brought forth for his arrival, after all this was a first for everyone involved for Kumogakure no Sato to invite Fanho in.

As Fanho awaited at the bottom of the stairs patiently, backpack strapped to his back, scarf tucked around his face, and regular attire he stood awaiting looking around taking in the scenery. He'd look very young, his youth betraying his age, despite his not even really betraying his youth. It was quite a confusing conundrum.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:41 am

There was a happiness to hearing he was coming. Kyo had met him briefly a couple of times, but it wasn't as simple as just hello. After all, Fanho and another of the Konoha shinobi had saved her life and likely that act had been part of the driving force in him being permitted to visit. Kyo had been even happier to hear her cousin would permit her to go with to meet him at the gate. She didn't want to betray her own excitement, yet the woman had arrived will before he was supposed to, spending time talking to the guards and making sure all was well for his arrival. After all, it wouldn't do for a guard to be unaware and perhaps start some kind of international incident. Plus it was hardly a secret, between the cousins at least, that she harbored some affection for Fanho. As he had waved to the guards he might have seen the flutter of a familiar red scarf briefly before she made her way down.

She wasn't really supposed to open the gate until Hayate arrived, but knowing he wouldn't be far behind her got the better of her and she at least opened it enough to slip through and greet Fanho. She could have simply said hello, or perhaps played a small prank on him with one of her genjutsu, but instead she came through the gate and hugged him rather suddenly, arms up behind his neck as she spoke. "Good to see you again."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:24 am

It had been a while since Hayate had returned from the Fire Country, having had more than a pleasant time as a guest under his gracious host, the Hokage. While the train and many more of their plans were yet to be put into place, one thing would begin today: the shinobi exchange program. As a humanist, Hayate hoped to depend the development of the human race by sharing knowledge and culture. Not only a key for peace, Hayate viewed it as the only way to ensure a future in which mutual respect was held between the great five countries. Today, a glimpse of the grand future he saw would be seen. While foreigners in Lightning Country were not all that bizarre, for the first time in hundreds of years, perhaps even more, a foreigner was being allowed into the pearly white city atop the mountains- rival to the clouds themselves, Kumogakure.

The young ambassador of Konohagakure would be seen with as must distrust as the upstart leader himself- not out of malice, but out of distrust of something so different and unknown. Times were changing, and they were always going to be growing pains associated with things like that. Kyo was already waiting at the gates to greet their guest- after all it was his understanding that Kyo and the boy- Fanho... had some form of kinship. He would... find out more about it in due time.

Fanho, and perhaps Kyo, would definitely see the Raikage before they felt or heard him. In the blink of an eye he would appear at the gate, wind rushing off around him and seconds later the echoing boom of his arrival crying out into the void below them- the valley between the mountain peaks. His speed was truly legendary.

No quicker than his arrival, would the man dip down to his knee, showing humility before his guest as he tipped his hat and bowed. Such was the Kumogakure way- elegance in humility. A key tenant of the culture which prized the group over the individual.

"I trust your journey through the Lightning Country was pleasant, young boy?" the Raikage said in an authoritative voice as he rose back to standing, adjusting his hat properly onto his head.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:51 am

As Fanho saw the flutter of a notable red scarf, immediately he knew who was behind the door as it was pushed open. As Kyo came up it was as if the two we're reacting based off how they we're feeling and instinct rather than thinking about it. As Kyo emerged and the words dripped from her mouth, Fanho's face naturally became more flush with pink as the rush of blood to his face as she locked her arms around his neck, his arms instinctively reached out grabbing her waist as he pulled her in close. Fanho wasn't quite sure what the feeling that he was enamored with, but he could tell it was only Kyo who drew it out. Since saving her from her kidnappers, her teasing caught Fanho off guard. For someone capable of rivaling the Kage, he was weak in the knees for what was before him.

As he rested his head peacefully next to Kyo's, he enjoyed the moment briefly before realizing what his body had done without his command. His face that was flush with confidence drained before him as he began to stammer. "I uhh... I-I-I don't know what I was d-d-doing." Fanho's face began to blare red as he became bashful, and anxious before Kyo but not in a negative manner. His words came off light, playful, and like despite his admission to not realizing what his body moved to do that he had not told it to, he didn't want to take it back. "I'm g-g-glad to see you t-t-too." Fanho smiled as he glanced towards the ground his cheeks pounding red. His bashful moment wouldn't have gone unnoticed by the Raikage as he strolled up with a brisk pace that was faster than most shinobi could keep up with.

As the Raikage's greetings followed the two's tender moment, Fanho gave a chuckle at the Raikage's great formality as he bowed and tipped his Kage hat quickly snapping Fanho back to himself, but the redness in his cheeks still existed but only flaring when his gaze went Kyo's way. "You don't have to bow, I'm not anyone special." The boy gave a reassuring smile at the Kage as he slipped his hands back in his pockets. "It was a pretty nice walk, different than my usual scenery, and beats eating a sand cake to the face in Suna. Thanks for having me." The boy laughed as he spoke his friendly warm smile never disappearing from his face. Konohagakure used honorifics just like most villages, however Fanho wasn't one to use them as the Raikage would learn, but rather Fanho had a different way of respect. He used his humor, wits, and jokes to connect with people. He wanted to see people laugh and enjoy themselves. He had a feeling deep down the Raikage was just like him, and the two would get along well.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:05 pm

As Kyo hugged Fanho, she could feel how nervous he was before he began to speak and stammer. If anything it only made the smile on the woman's lips grow. Given how physically close they were, she didn't miss his accidental moment. If it weren't for her cousin's approach, she might have made a joke. Instead she simply stifled a giggle and took a step back, giving him a moment to hopefully compose himself. She did her best to cover her own smirk by lifting her hand to cover her lips as she turned and saw her cousin.

Kyo gave a chuckle and cleared her throat as Fanho and Hayate made their initial exchanges, and she took it upon herself to introduce them as neither had technically given their name. "Cousin, this is Awai Fanho of Konoha... one of my rescuers." she stated, motioning to Fanho before turning and motioning to Hayate. "And this is my cousin and Kumo's Raikage, Nakajima Hayate." In truth she wasn't sure if the pair had actually met before, or knew one another by name from back when she was rescued. Regardless she felt the need for the introductions, in case either forgot the other's name. 'I think I've already embarrassed Fanho enough for one day without one of them forgetting the other's name and trying to feign like they didn't forget for awhile.'

Her smile was small, but also with a mischievous note as she looked at Fanho. "Been too long since I last saw you."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:34 am

Hayate was not a prude, but, he also was not innocent to the point he did not know what the air between Kyo and Fanho was. Regardless, it was neither his place or right to comment. He had been informed by the Hokage upon his last visit that the two of them had been close during her recuperation, and he had rescued her. At the very least he was reliable. Hayate cleared his throat once again as the boy dismissed his act of humility. He grinned. It was natural that the customs of his land were likely different from that of Konohagakure.

He moved forward, patting the young foreign shinobi on his shoulder. "Ah, but this is how it is done in the land hidden in the clouds. Even the Raikage holds humility before others. No one is above anyone, and dignity and respect is deserved by all." he said, giving a friendly squeeze before turning back. The boy was funny and bright- he did his best to crack jokes, and Hayate could appreciate that.

"Right, I do believe I saw young Fanho outside your hospital room- didn't talk but he seemed to be ever so vigilantly guarding little Kyo-chan's room." he said grinning. His endearing selection of chan was just the start of the soon to come embarrassment and older cousin could bring. "Raikage is fine, and well, how bout we give you some truly delicious delicacies then, Fanho?" the Raikage said as he turned and began to enter into the village, his hand waving to signify all was clear.

"Our takoyaki is the best in the world."

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:00 am

As the two we're introduced, Kyo finished her introductions of each other with a smile and soft spoken words of how she had missed him. The redness in his face resurfaced as his pursed lips quivered in anxiety not knowing how to react. "Yeah...." The young Bannin smiled as he chuckled nervously scratching the back of his neck as his eyes graced and made contact with hers, he quickly darted his sight down to the ground as the blush flared glowing brighter before Hayate began to break the tension by explaining the traditions of Kumogakure, and how the Raikage is a man of grace and humility. However as the blush began to subside it flared once more as Hayate began to recount his retrieval of Kyo, and how Fanho was positioned outside the room. It appeared the Raikage was not above teasing the two of them. However Fanho's anxiety eased as Hayate mentioned the delicacies of Kumogakure.

Fanho allowed the blushing to disappear as he gave a sigh of relief regaining himself before speaking once more. "Would Mr. Shocky Shock, Don't Taze Me Bro, or Speedy Sonic work as nicknames? I feel like the third one may get me in trouble though, sounds like it may already be in use." The Bannin posed the question humorously with a big grin across his face as he graced across the nicknames to make the Raikage laugh, and hopefully also make Kyo laugh as his eyes darted towards her to see how she received his joke giving a slight smile before the redness in his face surfaced once more. As Hayate boasted delicacies Fanho patted his stomach as he shot a smug look at the Lightning Village's Grand Shadow. "I forewarn you, I'll eat the village dry. My appetite knows no bounds." The young Bannin grinned as he fluttered his eyebrows at the Raikage in a toast to his hunger.

As his Kumo guests led him into the village, Hayate's mentioning of takoyaki made Fanho raise his eyebrows quizzically as if to usher the 'ya serious?' look towards his hosts. "That good, huh? I'll search high and low to find everything the village cooks. The more I can recommend back home to try the better." Fanho winked at the Raikage as a foretelling of the future where more Konoha shinobi could come visit than just himself, and the same would be of Kumogakure shinobi for Konoha as well.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:52 pm

As her cousin used the endearing 'chan' addition to her name, Kyo couldn't help wrinkling up her nose and sparing him a glance. Part of her hated it, but she also knew a very simple fact. If the man was going to try and embarrass her it would likely take a lot more than that. Though his attempts to embarrass her might just make Fanho turn even redder and in truth this was thoroughly entertaining to Kyo. She loved seeing how embarrassed he got, as proven by her own antics so far. Since the moment she had met him she had found it fun, going so far as to kiss him on the nose that day when he had tried so hard to hide his reactions to seeing her naked (especially given the severity of the situation).

Her cousin's teasing, combined with Fanho's statements, of course only fueled her own mischievous side and she smirked at Fanho a moment. "No bounds hm? Oh I'm curious to see that in action." In truth she wasn't entirely sure he would get it, just in case she didn't she chose to punctuate her sentence with a ripe slap to Fanho's backside before she stepped away, effectively starting to lead the way further into the village. Of course as she passed her cousin she couldn't help a wink and a chuckle, knowing he might find Fanho's embarrassment nearly as entertaining as she did.

Nearly.

She was certain she enjoyed it far more.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:36 am

If he hadn't recognized much of Kushina and himself in the two before him, the Raikage would of have vomited. Beyond two occasions he had never really slowed down for feelings of love or affection or interest in anyone really. To be lightning's shadow meant to travel nearly as fast as lightning itself, and that boiled over into his personal life too. Clearing his throat once more while eyeing side to side from the two- Kyo, perhaps a cat, and Fanho, clearly a helpless mouse, he continued to stride forward.

"I have many nicknames, and I welcome any you wish to give me." the Raikage said as they made their way onto an elaborate suspension bridge. The bridge was made of a gold-like substance, and formed a golden road of sorts among the peaks. This road went into the shopping and entertainment section of Kumogakure, and also where many of the best shops led only by the most famous of chefs.

"Your appetite would be a delight to any shop owner. Here in Kumo, eating food fast and vigorously shows your delight, and is the greatest respect a chef could ever receive. I do hope you will remember many of them, and in the future show your friends each one." the Raikage said, ever so diplomatically as he finally stopped, ducking a little into a small shop and waving the others in.

First, they would try a very special kind of dumpling. Xiaolongbao.

It was a delicacy from some of the minor country between Rock Country and Lightning Country, but had recently become quite popular in Lightning Country because inside the dumpling was very hot soup- and it was a challenge to see if you could not only eat it, but do so without popping and dripping the soup inside all over.

"I will let Kyo pick the next shop, but first, we must have this!" the Raikage said as he took a seat at the counter and waved over some of the staff.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:42 pm

The Raikage's obvious throat clearing as the clap of Kyo's hand to Fanho's ass placement made the boy's face change shade, ethnicity, color, depth, basically it sent a reverberating shudder throughout his body of embarrassment as Kyo got a full cup of his squat booty palmed right there for the Raikage to see. Even when Fanho eventually became the Hokage he could see the conversation between the Shadow of Lightning and Fire, as the Raikage reminisced about how Kyo had made the 'clap heard round the world'. Fanho quickly caught himself before almost fainting as the Raikage snapped the conversation back to something a bit more PG about nicknames or something like that, but that didn't mean Fanho had the clarity in mind to actually pay attention to the Raikage's comment. "Huh? Wha-? S-s-sure." The Awai's eyes widened in shock and surprise, but it was fairly clear he wasn't angry, upset, but just rather shocked and surprised and without a thought in mind to react or make a joke about this particular situation. For a first, the boy didn't have a comment.

As the Raikage mentioned the Kumo eating habits, the words peeked one ear of Fanho's as it translated roughly to 'eat lot food, is good for Kumo' as it fell deaf on the other side dribbling out as the boy's dark shade of red tried to make a comeback to his actual skin color from the rapid transformation from Caucasian to beet red. As Fanho sat down at the shop his mind racing not really coming to until he sat in-front of the counter along side the Raikage and Kyo. He wasn't quite sure where was situated, no where he sat would he be safe from Kyo's grippy grippy hands or innuendos. "So-soup?"

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:02 pm

Kyo was having far too much fun at Fanho's expense. However she did make sure not to make another move as they walked along and made it to the restaurant her cousin mentioned. She happily took a seat, naturally making sure to situate herself on one side of Fanho while her cousin seemed to take the other. "You know, Cousin, I don't think I even remember this being popular before I left." she mused, ignoring her own hiccup when she realized how informal she just was with the village Raikage. It was still something she was trying to get used to, she hadn't entirely adjusted to it. But she mentally dismissed the issue for the moment, looking rather happy as the staff soon produced a serving of the local delicacy for each of them.

Since they were pretty new to Kyo as well, she didn't immediately set to eating them, rather poked at one of them gently first while chuckling. "I think I'm going to watch one of you try this first." she said with a chuckle. "Someone show me how its done right." she added, grinning as she motioned to a waitress for a cup of tea, taking a long sip of it the moment it was handed to her.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:35 am

"Yes, the inside is filled with soup. Pretty hot, but your mouth gets used to it. Or maybe that's my regeneration?" the Raikage said jokingly as he picked up a soup dumpling hole and threw it into his mouth. In one bite, even with scolding hot soup, he slurped and chewed and finished it. "This truly is the best fad ever..." he said as he ate one more. The waitress's eyes were nearly popped out of her forehead in shock, as she recomposed herself.

"Well miss, I suggest you do not eat it like Hayate. That would not be very pleasant. Take your chopsticks like this and poke a tiny hole in the top. You can blow in or let it cool on it's own from there." the waitress said as she showed Kyo using her plate, and then performed it once more for Fanho. Perhaps it was weird to see the Raikage, emperor of the land, referred to by his first name, but Hayate seemed to show little care. Either he was a frequent customer, knew the woman, or that was just the man he was. One who cared little for formalities towards himself. It was a contrast, given the formalities he had practiced with Fanho.

"Please enjoy your stay in our country." the waitress said bowing her head. It was clear already Fanho was a foreigner. Hayate smiled, waving his hands to the others.s

"Enjoy it by eating!" he said urging the pair again.

Jeez, I get the feeling I'm third wheeling here or something.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:23 am

As Fanho poked at the soup filled sacks as he judged the soft doughy exterior trying to get a feel for how soft they were. Honestly with the way Fanho's nerves were currently situated between Hayate and Kyo, he didn't feel up to the challenge of using some chop sticks. Instead Fanho gave a slight smile at the chef as he fought through his nervousness. "Pardon my lack of manners." The young Jounin said as he picked up the sack of soup in his hand as it began to turn his hand red due to the sheer heat of the dumpling, Fanho raised the sack above his mouth before dropping it in one smooth motion similar to Hayate, but with a lack of chopsticks. The soup was indeed scalding, and one that wasn't quite enjoyable however the flavor was amazing. It was surely one of the most delectable dishes Fanho had tried on his journey, but it was by far the hottest served one he had enjoyed.

With the mention of regeneration, Fanho chuckled as he had his own version that mitigated the burns itself. "You know, healing super quick makes the burning sensation not half bad. Its more like a spicy food at that point." Fanho continued to pop more and more dumplings down the hatch with the lack of chopsticks at one point dumping half the bowl of dumplings into his mouth rather than doing it one at a time like he had. As he popped all the dumplings at once in his mouth, the steam of the hot dumplings escaped through his nose as he began to steam through it. That was certainly a way to clear the nasal passages as Fanho sat the bowl back down finished with his dumplings. "I've got to say, its certainly one of the best things I've ever had. Easily in my top five. I'm gonna put this on my travel guide when I get back home."

As Fanho patiently wiped his chin and mouth he patted the counter in anticipation of what next delicacies the trio would take on next. More importantly in the back of his mind the hamster wheel raced at what innuendo or physical sensations Fanho would be surprised with so he could steel his nerves, but to no avail as it only made him slightly more anxious around Kyo as his brain went dumb and the legs went weak around her. Truly it was the epitome of a teen love story. A forceful strong woman who made her feelings clear, while Fanho the blushing, stumbling, stooge trying to sort left from right and not seem like a total dweeb.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:19 am

Kyo chuckled and shook her head at not only how her cousin ate his dumpling, but the waitress's reaction to it. One thing she'd learned since returning was that her cousin's antics hadn't changed a whole lot, though she definitely had an appreciation for them. It was probably on the list of little things she missed while she was away. There were a lot of things to miss when one was captured and subjected to daily torture.

She watched Fanho eat his as well before finally turning to her own. With a chopstick she poked a hole in hers as instructed and blew on it, trying to cool it off before finally attempting to eat it. She managed to pop it into her mouth and eat it, though naturally being her first attempt she didn't manage to quite get it right and still had soup spill out of the corner of her mouth. It burned a bit, but the woman couldn't help giggling in spite of herself at the mess she'd made of her chin. "I guess that'll take some getting used to." she managed to say once she'd swallowed her food.

But despite the mess she didn't let it deter her, seeming to give Fanho a break from her teasing and innuendo for the moment as she poked a hole in the next one to start cooling it off.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:50 am

Hayate was internally crying or whatever the emotion somewhere between disgust and shock was. He had somehow become some sort of third wheel in this meeting and worse, innocent little Kyochan had grown up to become quite the seductress... he continued to shovel the dumplings into his mouth, avoiding conversation and trying to keep out of the way. But damn, the way she teased that Konohagakure boy? Was that really his little baby cousin? Finishing off another dumpling he took a sip of water before finally chiming back into the conversation. Ignoring the... whatever it was the two had... was becoming increasingly harder.

Hayate nodded.

"It speaks of your impressive fortitude, Leaf shinobi." he said as he waived his hand and the waitress delivered him a beer. "Feel free to drink too if you'd like. I think I will probably head out soon- for what it is worth. Do not be a stranger however, my doors are always open at the tower and a good lunchtime stretch and spar is always great fun." the Raikage said as he raised the mug of beer to his mouth and in one mighty swig finished it. He drank just as fast as he ran- after all he'd need to drink a lot to feel the wonderful effects of alcohol.

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”