Fudo Family Breakfast

Koichi, and his family enjoy breakfast like they would any other day. Except today Father has a special request to ask of Koichi.

Koichi Fudo

Fudo Family Breakfast

Post by Koichi Fudo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:11 pm

The smell of frying pork, eggs, and the sweet aroma of porridge had filled the air. From within the confines of his room the aroma seeped through the cracks, driving out the smell of morning dew that had previously took control. His nostrils were then attacked by the delicious scent that would guide his body out of his room. When he finally found the source his meal had already been prepped before him.
His presence was first acknowledged by his little brother Kaguro, in high spirits as always despite being forced to practice his calligraphy. Beside him was their father who hadn't taken notice of Koichi, until he was seated across from him. His father was always so busy focusing on ways to improve the family business, it was hard to tell if he even remembered his family at times. He inched his hand forward for his chopsticks before his senses went wild.
With chopsticks in hand he had caught a flying fried egg launched at him from his sister. His father noticed what had transpired at the last minute. "Koichi, why are you playing with your food! Don't you think you're a bit old for that?" His father asked.His older sister Katsumi, the real culprit behind the flying egg, he could see her giggling from the kitchen trying to mask her malicious grin with her hand.
"You're awfully alert for someone who looks half-alive this morning." She teased at her little brother, while walking over presenting her father's meal before him. "I could say the same Nee-san, but I think that'd be bit disrespectful to the undead that roam the night." He fired back before stuffing the fried egg in his mouth.
"T-The undead!? Nii-san, you mean l-like ghosts!?!" Kaguro stuttered breaking his focus from his study. Their father taking his eyes away from his own business for the moment before Karuno stepped in. "Katsumi, Koichi that's enough from you two. This is an everyday thing for you lot. I wish you two would be more kind to one another like you used to." Their mother interjected carrying three meals at once, for the remaining family members.
As the women of their family joined them at the table, they all pressed their own respective hands together in a prayer. "Itadakimasu!" The family chimed together in unison before they each went in on their meal. Koichi side eyed Katsumi, sticking her tongue out in a teasing fashion. Their father assisting Kaguro with breaking up his fried egg. Their mother gracefully mixed her bacon and eggs together before combining the mixture into her porridge. She paid no mind to the quarrels between her children because when they ate they were family. She cared nothing more than to have her family together at moments like this.
"Koichi, I need a favor from you. Do you think you could deliver these reports to your Uncle. They're very important documents in regards to our energy project." His father rolled the documents into a scroll, before sealing it up. "Well, since Father won't say it...I will. Father doesn't trust the Kumogakure personnel to properly transport the documents. He thinks that they would either sabotage his our work, or take credit for it entirely. Can't say I don't blame him." She ranted before stuffing her mouth with the last of her porridge and storming out of the door.
His mother let out a sigh as the once blissful look turned to sorrow. Koichi smacked his lips at the sight, "Does she ever think about how others feel. The hell is her problem?!" He spat. Their parents eyes fixed on Koichi, but Kaguro wasn't even the slightest bit interested in what was being discussed. When he got the chance he'd be sure to tell Katsumi off about how she acts around their parents. "Do I have much choice? It's for the betterment of society, why shouldn't I help. Week long trip I needed a break from this boring town anyway." He spat after taking a bite out of his bacon.
In reality he didn't have much choice to help his father out anyway. It also would force him to get a move on with forming a GDS. He'd been the odd man out ever since his graduation last month, and it'd be like that for a lot longer if he didn't make something happen soon. He continued to break apart the fried egg in his bowl, before he gave his father a definitive yes.
"I'll take care of it Father, you can count on me." He reassured the older more grimacing version of himself. He forgot sometimes how much him and his father resembled on another in comparison to his siblings. Speaking of siblings, he remembered he'd have to catch up with Katsumi at her lab later to see what her deal was.
NameVillageRankTeam
Koichi FudoKumogakure no SatoGeninN/A

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”