Looking for a warm up

[Open] Social/Training

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Mon May 09, 2022 8:55 pm

A tall, white-haired teenager quietly entered the public training area this morning a few hours after the sun had peaked over the horizon falling upon the Could village now which was already bustling with activity normal of a shinobi village. Many going on their way to work, shinobi going about basic tasks as some prepared for missions and others were resting from just returning from missions. A number of civilians could also be seen opening up the numerous shops that could be found along the road Ning had walked with his long trident style polearm in tow slung diagonally across his thin framed back. The Arashiyama clansman had received this gift from his clan after reaching chuunin and obtaining an above average level of mastery of the art of spearman ship.

Today would be only the third time that Ning had been able to fully train with the new three-pointed polearm and the first time outside of the clan's training grounds. The trident was one passed down through a number of clansman over the years with Ning being the latest successor in the long line, many had used it but few had been able to unlock more than a couple of the proposed secret abilities of the weapon. Though only after a few weeks of having the weapon he had managed to unlock the basic level ability of the Ghost Spear. Thus, many had put a good amount of faith in the young Arashiyama that he'd be the first to unlock the deepest abilities locked within the rune covered weapon.

But Ning, he didn't think about such things and was simply excited to have been given the honor of recieving such a family heirloom and couldn't wait to test it out against a real opponent. His desires were truly simple, to just continue becoming stronger as he thought about their missing uncle who had disappeared during the Great War. A well-known bannin was no weak man, but his disappearance without any trace of where or when was something that constantly stirred the young chuunin's fighting spirit. To search out the secrets behind the man he would first need to achieve a level of strength so that he could survive in the harsh world.

His footsteps were almost silent as he drew into the open training area as he reached back behind him with his left hand, grasping the rune carved shaft as he unlatched it from the special sheath bringing it around in a spinning motioned allowing it to make a full three-hundred-and-sixty-degree rotation before the right palm reach out grasping near the middle of the shaft. "What a balanced weapon..."
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Tue May 10, 2022 9:49 am

Chiaki appearance (original art)Show
Chiaki adopted her ninja gear as she took to the training grounds that morning. She was wearing her shinobi outfit that she was gifted when she became a Chuunin with her headband tied around her chest, the metal resting over her left breast over her heart. She had tied her hair back in a tight pony and had adopted a mesh undershirt under her martial arts gi, a teal color with white trim, tucked into her training skin tight athletic shorts. She had a band that attached themselves to the shorts that kept her stockings up at thigh height and rather effectively hid most of her scar. The only part visible was her eye.

Undamaged though it was, it had a different tint to it, and looked from a distance like she had lost her vision in it. Her kunai were kept in a band on her left arm, on the inner part of her arm. She wore a white mask over half of her face to hide her appearance, and that damned scar that was her lasting mark from her father, or so her mother had told her.

She had set up in the training grounds to try out some new jutsu and see whether or not they would keep physical harm from her, but she hadn't any clue who to ask to attack her with all their strength to make sure that her defenses were adequate. She wove her hand seals and concentrated, hearing the Raiton chakra howl like a giant cat into existence, the barrier made her feel less vulnerable. She wouldn't be able to land any sort of attack on her enemies with this jutsu, she was too slow, and too weak to do that, but she wanted a partner to at least try their jutsu or attacks on her.

Surveying the field, she spotted a young ninja, probably 5 to 6 years her junior who was handling a spear. Perhaps an older genin or a young Chuunin? Perfect.

Lowering her jutsu she approached him and lifted a hand in greeting, using her staff as a walking stick as she did so, the light tapping of its pommel on the ground made the three rings on the staff jingle and clatter against the wood and large loop on top of the pewter staff, a symbol of her dedication to the shinto temple that was currently housing her.

"Hello! I er, I was looking for, if you don't mind I mean, I was ah- looking for someone who would be willing to hit me with all they have to see how effective this barrier jutsu of mine is-cha?" She stammered out, positioning herself awkwardly with her staff in her left hand between the boy and herself, she reached up, pulling her bangs so they hung over her scar and discolored eye.
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Wed May 11, 2022 1:02 am

The young man was just about to push of the weight that he had just transferred into the balls of his feet, signaling his desire to push straight forwards to warm up with the simplest of spear or polearm techniques: the basic thrust. It was a technique that was truly one of the most basic of techniques, but its low signature when pushed right in the face of a target added with the ability to rapidly extend and retreat made it one of the perfect probing techniques in the arsenal of a spearman. Yet, the call of someone off to his five o'clock caused him to faulter slightly as he almost tipped forward attempting to retract his weight from it pushing him forward into a nigh dead stop as he slipped forward but twisted his body weight causing for him to spin nearly ninety degrees in a last moment recovery. "Close one..." He muttered to himself as the white haired chuunin twirled the lengthy trident around one hand before catching it in the left palm allowing the blunt end to push into the ground as his eyes drew onto the tightly clothed figure of the fellow Kumo nin who'd called out to him now.

"Oy." The man allowed his body to naturally relax a bit after the near accident that almost landed him flat on his face a few moments before, his unarmed right hand returned the hand wave in greeting, nice to see another was out and about on the training fields this morning seeking to improve themselves much like he was. Though his eyes were drawn to the ringed staff that she carried, a symbol of the Shinto temple, a gentle smile on his youthful face as Ning nodded his head shifting the strands of untamed white hair to the side of his face revealing the crimson birthmark upon the left side of his forehead. A respectful tone was used by the now calm Ning as he nodded in return with his own words. "Of course, it is through one another that we can find the strength to push forward and become pillars for the Lightning Empire in the future. Or at least that is what I am of the belief."

The youth couldn't help but see the young woman pulling at her bangs, attempting to hide the scar on her face, perhaps if the man had been a normal civilian than something as simple as the scar could have been seen as a tremendous flaw. But as a shinobi something like a scar was not a detraction from beauty. All shinobi, no matter how experienced or powerful received scars through both training and real-life missions, some took them as badges of honor even. Ning simply smiled once again, as though her scar and discolored eye weren't even there as he refocused himself on her original question. "My storm trident isn't a weak weapon, are you sure you'd like for me to bet it against your barrier?" There wasn't a hint of pride or over confidence in his words, just one of perhaps warning that the trident was almost designed with its three sharpened points to break through defenses that blocked its path.

He stopped himself, feeling as though he had forgotten something rather important about first meeting...after a brief moment of silence he realized that he hadn't even spoke his name to the individual who had approached him. "Ah, excuse me, I didn't even tell you my name before we start. I'm Ning." The young Arashiyama didn't bother to speak his own prestigious clan name. To him he wished to be known beyond just one of the strong clans within the village, he wanted to be first and foremost known for his skills and own personal strength. Not ever wanting to rely on a name built by others that had come before him but what he had built for himself.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kanade

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Wed May 11, 2022 10:25 am

Chiaki noted the crimson birthmark and her footfalls faltered a bit. Usually it was comely to hide such things when meeting new people, or that is what her temple had taught her. She raised a hand and pulled back the strand of hair that was in her eye-sight and secured it back with a teal hairpin, a sign that she was willing to open up, even a little bit to the boy who she would be sparring with. She was usually a closed person, and her stance and her gait spoke volumes of her cloistered approach to most people. She had to get stronger, though, and that required training.

“I was hoping that it wasn’t a weak weapon.” She took up a casual look, having all of the grace of a feline that had just crawled out of a sunspot and was looking for another one. “Or else it wouldn’t be safe for me to use the jutsu in battle to defend myself-cha.” She smiled behind the mask, feeling the fabric pull taut over her smile. She realized that she must look a fool to smile behind her mask, but her eyes at least portrayed the warmth of the smile that the mask hid.

“I apologize as well, My surname is Kyoukan. Kyoukan, Chiaki-cha.” She dipped her head in respect to the ninja who may well outrank her. It wasn’t unheard of for a boy his age to be able to outpace a chuunin, and a low-level chuunin at that, like herself.

“Ning.” She let the name hang in the air as if she were examining it, like the peal of a small bell or a single chime in a breeze-tossed wind chime. “It’s a musical name, I quite like it-cha.” She nodded three times and then readdressed the situation.

“So, would you do me the honor of testing my barrier with your three headed spear thing-cha?” she asked, pointing at his trident. She hadn’t ever seen a weapon like that, and wondered what type of advantages it had over a normal spear. The prongs would produce more damage, sure, but the piercing power would be diminished. Making a mental note to sew up any wounds she might sustain she waited for an answer politely, leaning lazily off of her staff and enjoying the sunlight on her back and shoulders which she rolled around slightly to continue loosening up.
~~My characters~~
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Wed May 11, 2022 11:50 pm

"Heh" The young man couldn't help but smile as her words truly brought out the competitiveness within him as she spoke of how it wouldn't be safe for her to use the technique, she had implied a few moment's earlier, there seemed to be some sort of hidden strength behind that mask of hers, or at least a strong confidence in herself and her techniques. This was the hallmark of a good shinobi in the eyes of the Arashiyama youth as he lifted a little bit of weight off the left foot allowing just the toe of his shinobi sandal to touch the ground as it slide back about a foot shifting the man's stance as the thick polearm moved from his side to slightly behind him.

A gentle nod or perhaps a shallow bow of the man's head was sent out as the woman introduced herself, a Kyoukan. Though they were another well-known house within the grand village, Ning really hadn't had the opportunity to interact with one even as a genin. After all, the village was a large place with many people. A hint of eagerness couldn't help but grow in the man's golden eyes as he spoke, "A pleasure to meet you, Chiaki." Today was truly turning out to be a rather interesting day already and the sun was barely over the horizon this morning.

"Musical?" He tilted his head slightly to the right side, he'd never really thought about it as everything for him had been about living the life of a shinobi and training, never really about how one was suppose to expand and enjoy life outside of that. "Hah, I never really thought about it like that. Thanks." The youth's eyes half closed was he reached up brushing from left to right the slightly unruly white locks that clung around his face. "It would be my honor. I also have a few things I wouldn't mind testing out and just hitting the training log really doesn't do it for me if you know what I mean."

With that the man tilted his head first to the right and then to the left before tilting his face to the sky allowing the sunlight to almost illuminate his lightly tanned skin, a gentle pop could faintly be heard from his neck after a moment afterward the spearman shook his head slightly. Pushing a little bit of strength through his legs into each foot he leaped backwards gracefully as he landed by falling into a traditional spear stance with the tri-pointed weapon now brandished towards the fellow Kumo-nin. "Please take the lead."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kanade

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Thu May 12, 2022 10:01 am

The boy certainly was pretty, his movements fluid. He almost reminded her of Theraveda of her clan.

Chiaki pushed back on her staff, stretching her back one more time before she wove her hand seals and her red eyes flashed an electric blue as lightning shot out of her back in a winged formation to envelop her chest, spreading like electric chainmail and forming Raiton plates where plated armor would have been.

She winked at the other ninja and planted her staff in the ground, taking a couple of steps to her left, she raised her hand to her head and a raiton helmet formed around her. Glowing blue with the electric armament jutsu [24 strength], she took up a defensive stance and waved for the other chuunin to come at her. She would attempt to fend off blows as much as possible, and see how many direct hits this shield could take before it broke down.

“Thank you, I’m ready-cha.” She said with a bit of uncertainty hinting at the edges of her speech. Her heart pumped blood loudly into her ears, adrenaline shot through her veins, her eyes dilated, attempting to capture every movement of the other ninja. She had to be able to fend off blows from opponents that were much stronger than him in the future. This would be a good stress test.
~~My characters~~

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Fri May 13, 2022 4:49 pm

The young man's golden eyes watched as the flowing raiton enveloped the young woman a short distance away from himself, the shaping of her chakra was very precise enough that even the chuunin couldn't help but take a second glance as it. The intricate armor formed around the torso and back first before he caught the wink that she gave him before its spread becoming a helm of pure crackling energy. Ning could only shake his head at the gesture, Chiaki was certainly an interesting shinobi to say the least from the young man's point of view. From what he could tell, she seemed to truly be pulling out all the stops to empower the defensive technique so in return he would approach it with the same sort of ferocity as the fellow shinobi was showing him.

"Let's see what your armor can take!" The enthralled Arashiyama member shifted his right shoulder forward as the right hand gripped forward just past the midway point of the trident, the muscles in his body from his arms down through his legs activated at once as he moved. But his movement was not a straightforward one but instead with a bend at the knees he pushed forward and upwards at the same time. Leaping up and crossing the short distance between the pair as the man's body had already begun to rotate into a powerful spin. Three blows from the might spear would rain down one after enough as the youth used the power of his rotation to increase his power with each of the three consecutive attacks that he made down upon her.

His spear shot in and out like a viper's strike, the quick thrust. The most basic and well-practiced maneuver of any spearman but arguably one of the most effect as it was a technique that not only attacked but also helped retain distance by keeping others from advancing unless they took a large risk on their part. Each attack rained down without a pause in between (21 strength attacks), he could have activated the power of his storm trident but wanted to save that as a trump card for the moment in case his powerful trio of blows were unable to shatter the elemental armor of his comrade...

Jutsu usedShow

Spear Techniques

* Kushou・The Swallow Takes Flight
D-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
The user will vault themselves into the air using their polearm and then unleash a powerful blow from above. This technique is used to disorient and surprise foes as well as overpower them as it strikes with all of the user’s body weight and momentum from the spin they perform in the air in order to strike with the spear that was touching the ground moments before.

* Kushou・The Swallow Rides the Wind
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: * Kushou・The Swallow Takes Flight
The user of this technique must first launch themselves high into the air as if with The Swallow Takes Flight. They will then begin to spin and unleash a flurry of blows from above. The user is capable of performing up to three strikes in the air, each of them prolonging the user’s airtime. The Swallow Rides the Wind is useful as it maintains the advantageous high ground and all of the forward momentum toward the opponent throughout all of its blows, giving the user an effective +6 Strength and -6 Control for the three blows.

* Kushou・The Viper Flicks its Tongue
This simple technique involves thrusting quickly with the user’s long weapon from a distance before quickly pulling back their polearm to prevent counters. This techniques most useful aspect is that it can be used while in motion without affecting speed or momentum.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kanade

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Fri May 13, 2022 5:38 pm

Chiaki was not able to keep up with the boy as he jumped toward her with all of the ferocity of the ninja that she had faced before, the determination in his eyes reminded her of - of that one man that had choked her during the mission. She lifted her arm to attempt to stave off the blows that rained down on her. Too quick for her to count, she thought that it was one strike and her shield collapsed, giving her a jolt from the lightning surging toward the ground, having absorbed all of the kinetic energy that it could before fizzling out.

The trident sank into her arm and she grit her teeth. It was razor sharp. She knew that it would be when she had seen it pointed at her, but without the risk of her life, or her well-being she wouldn't be able to grow stronger. She gripped the spear and pulled back a bit and grinned at him, "Ah only one blow. It seems that I really am only good for healing-cha." A hint of discouragement crept into her voice.

"Are you a Genin, Ning-san?" She asked, tilting her head as she started wrapping her arm and went to receive her staff, "And what can I do to help you with your training since you have helped me test mine?" She tried to keep it out of her voice, and out of her features, even out of her stance and the way that she moved, but the deflation of her pride in her jutsu could be seen behind her eyes. She couldn't believe that it was only one strike, one blindingly fast strike that blew past her defenses. It would have made sense from a Jounin, but she couldn't reliably defend herself against an assailant with that sort of power behind their strikes.

"I don't want to keep you from progressing, and whatever I can do to help you, I'll do it since this information you helped me with is invaluable-cha." She smiled, her eyes closing as the mask kept her features from being shown, but the smile was conveyed all the same.
~~My characters~~

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Sun May 15, 2022 4:01 pm

Each blow rained down in rapid succession, flashing in and out but Ning didn't escape attacking such a powerful barrier technique without also receiving from of the passive effects of the elemental makeup of Chiaki's armor. One, two, three. All three of the speedy thrusts from the young man's right arm as it thrust out and withdrew sent a jolt of the raiton's passive up the man's arm as it caused for the hand to clench tightly around the weapon's shaft and upon the final strike it traveled all the way up the chuunin's arm to the top of the left shoulder.

The resistance from the armor itself had allowed for the young man to remain airborne over the short duration of the attack before the last thrust broken through it actually still carried just enough force to push past the barrier's line and one of the three prongs actually reached the slender arm, she had defended against him with. Landing he gentle tugged at the spear as he landed lightly on his feet, using his unaffected right arm to remove the center prone of the trident from her arm. His left arm hung almost limb as the numbness made it more or less unusable at the moment as the white haired Arashiyama could only shake his head in an almost disagreeing manner to her words. "It actually took three of my full-strength blows while using a special technique to boost my striking power."

A gentle smile flowed onto the shinobi's thin lips as he nodded in approval of her defensive technique, glancing over at his left arm as it felt like pins and needles running through it down to the fingertips from attacking the raiton based barrier. "Hah, I recently completed the chuunin exam on my second try. This trident was a gift from my family for becoming a chuunin." His bright gold eyes looked from the young woman before him over to the trident in his right hand as he allowed the blunt end of the shaft to be lowered to the ground leaving the tri-prong end pointed up to the blue and white sky above them. "With a technique that strong you must also be at least a chuunin."

He stopped for a moment with his words, allowing the woman to bandage up the shallow wound she had received from the prong of the Storm Trident, luckily it had been just that a shallow poke. With its tri-ponged spear end, a trident was capable of delivering lethal blows with only a single successful strike due to the additional striking area. Though he wasn't a super perceptive person he could understand that perhaps he had injured more than just her body, perhaps her pride. So, instead of asking if he could help her the man smiled and nodded as she asked if she could still help with his training. "Of course, I would appreciate if you would help in my training too."

The feeling as starting to come back in his arm now as he was able to lightly shake the left arm, "But uh, I'll need a second. That armor of yours really shocked my arm good." He let out a light, laugh as he shook out his affected arm a little more and slowly curled and uncurled his hand. He tried to find out a bit more about his new comrade in general, with her strength they might be working together in the future. "You're ninjutsu skill must be pretty high judging from that armor. What else can you tell me about yourself? "
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kanade

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Mon May 16, 2022 8:47 pm

"Oh I uh." She stammered impotently looking for the right words to say. No one had complemented her on her Chakra before, and it was nice to have someone admire her jutsu for what it was worth, even if it needed a lot of practice. Theraveda would see to her training, but she didn't want to get ahead of herself. "Thank you-cha." She managed to get out before touching the tips of her index fingers together while facing away from him and coughing, "Oh I ah, I can fix that."

She wove a couple of intricate hand seals and her kyoukan tether drifted tenuously towards him before latching itself onto him with the warmth that one would receive when walking into a fire-lit room after a long time outdoors in the cold. Another set and the wound, and loss of sensation that he had received from hitting her three times would recede as well, since it was only a minor wound she was able to draw out the damage that had been done to it by her shield.

"I didn't realize that it would get you that good. I haven't ever punched or attacked someone with the jutsu before, nor have I attacked someone who uses the jutsu. Had I known that it would hurt you, I wouldn't have asked you to attack me like that-cha." She said, her protective side coming out, along with her abhorrence for hurting someone that she didn't want to. She hadn't intentionally hurt him, that was why she hadn't attacked with her staff, nor used it wreathed in raiton chakra to hit him.

The sunlight hit her visage, showing the care and concern that she felt as she tried to get rid of the Raiton aftereffects, she certainly didn't want to hinder him in any sort of way, permanent or impermanent. Perhaps the jutsu was strong enough after all? She looked at her arm as she pumped chakra into the healing jutsu until she felt satisfied that he was healed. She had suffered minor damage in comparison, enough to break the skin and for her to want to cover it up just in case there was a secondary infection, but not enough to cause any major damage at all. Did he say three strikes? It only felt like one at the speed that he performed them.

"Does that feel better-cha?" She asked, tilting her head to the side and keeping the tether between them out of habit. She had done this jutsu so many times that it was second nature to keep it running until the person let it slough off of them or until she mentally remembered that the tether was still there.
jutsu usedShow
~Tenketsu Tethering: Minor Heal
C-Rank Ninjutsu/Iijutsu
Requires: [Iijutsu]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will channel chakra into a specific tether delivering a pulse of healing chakra. This chakra will heal superficial damage and clot blood almost instantly however deeper but small wounds, cuts, bruises, will take up to a post to regenerate.

~Tenketsu Tethering: Link Up II
C-Rank Ninjutsu/Iijutsu
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will make fire off a pink wisp of chakra from themselves at a target at a speed of [Control] and up to [Control] meters away. If contact is made, a tether will form. This tether can stretch up to [Control] x 2 meters and lasts for [Control]/5 posts. When stretched further than this range, the tether remains but will be unusable as a medium for tether techniques.
~~My characters~~

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Wed May 25, 2022 1:33 am

As the young woman faced away from him, coughing lightly he found himself tilting his head to the side as her actions were a bit confusing to say the least for the storm trident user as he was just about to ask if maybe he'd done something when she turned around and spoke about fixing something. "Fix it?" Ning had just barely managed to get the two short words out from his mouth before his comrade's hands twisted into a series of hand seals now. A tendril of chakra formed around the shinobi before it stretched out to him, but it didn't feel threating, and it matched the vibe that the fighter felt from her voice and so he didn't step back to avoid it to shy away and simply nodded with a gracious smile upon his lips now.

This was the first time for him experiencing the sensation of another's chakra being wrapped around him, but it was more than that as the gentle, soothing warm that caused relaxation across his body quickly spread as the woman's chakra linked with his own. This was the praised power of Chiaki's clan that he'd only heard mentions of from others. A soft exhale escaped the man's mouth as he even allowed for his eye lids to shut momentarily. The very same chakra and the soft warmth from its spread down his mostly paralyzed arm at this point, slowly but surely the feeling back to return to his warm and even the faint burn marks from the lightning barrier's effect even began to heal.

This was to a point that it was almost like they had never even happened as Ning opened his eyes to observe the transformation or healing of his left hand and arm in real time, it was truly amazing to see as medic-nin and users of Iijutsu weren't that common due to the high level of chakra control needed to utilize healing ninjutsu. He curled his left hand into a fist a few times, lifting his bright eyes back up to the Kumo-nin across from him as the hand lifted and waved in a dismissive manner at her words. "It's okay, I knew that I would receive some damage from attacking such powerful armor. But even I underestimated how strong it would be." Of course, a Kumo shinobi like himself knew about how powerful lightning-based techniques could be but nevertheless he was impressed, he hadn't met another chuunin who used such powerful ninjutsu.

That was normally something seen at the special jounin level for those that specialized in elemental ninjutsu or even someone at the jounin level. For a brief moment he wondered if perhaps the young woman was really a chuunin but the though was flittering and was gone quickly as what reason would she have to lie to a fellow comrade in arms. "Thank you, miss Chiaki." The man bowed his head politely as he thanked the ninja for her efforts as he moved his arm around at the shoulder joint not with all the prior effects having been removed from his arm at an expedited rate due to her help. "It was almost like receiving a warm hug, hah." The man's left hand lifted onto the back of his head as he looked down slightly as he spoke, the tether between them still at this point.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kanade

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Wed May 25, 2022 3:26 pm

“Alright, what can I do to help you train then-cha?” She laughed and tilted her head, placing her hands together, palms inward in a placating stance, “Your help to test the strength of my jutsu was more than help enough for me, but you said that you wanted to train, so I wouldn’t want to hinder your training here-cha.”

Chiaki wove a couple of hand-seals, keeping the tether between them going, but the lightning armament sprang back to life. She performed another couple of hand seals and a similar technique, Raiton: Conductor, wrapped around her staff. She took a couple steps to the side, and looked at his arm, assessing whether or not he could use her for practice at his full strength again.

“Alright, my jutsu should keep me from any serious harm, so we can resume with your warm up, I apologize for being such a poor training partner-cha.” She shrugged and brandished her staff between them, the hum of electricity making it skit through the air with a low droning.

“I am ready-cha.” She watched him with her eyes, but she would resort to other jutsu should she need to in order to maximize his training, she could heal any damage that she could deal with her offensive jutsu, so she might as well go all out. Besides, it wasn’t like she wanted to give him a poor training session in exchange for him offering her the invaluable information that, unfortunately, her own techniques needed work.
jutsu usedShow

*Raiton • Lightning Armament
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After the correct hand seals are performed, the user coats themselves in a thick layer of lightning. This armour of lightning forms near instantly and requires [Control] Strength to break. During this time, the user's physical strikes apply the Raiton shocking effect.

*Raiton • Conductor
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will coat a weapon they are holding in Raiton electricity for 5 posts. This causes the shock effect to be produced on any contact with a target, while also granting blunt weapons the ability to cut through skin to produce shallow wounds. This also works for thrown weapons, however if the projectile remains out of contact with the user for more than 2 posts the technique will dissipate early.
~~My characters~~

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Sat May 28, 2022 7:01 pm

"Hah, don't be selling yourself too short." The man tried to reinforce her somewhat apologetic mood, a true practitioner of Raiton was not easy to fight as both their offense and defensive capacity carried with it the fact that one could be partially or even at the peak level of Raiton could even fully disable an opponent making them easy picking for them or their teammates. Shaking his head lightly at her attitude the man could only smile as he slid his left foot backwards and his hands affixed themselves into position upon the shaft of the trident an electric blue color chakra seemed to drum just faintly to life around the Storm Trident user.

"Thank you for helping, allow me to test out the power I just unlocked from this heirloom of my clan." Exhaling slowly storm chakra flowed over the exterior of the runic covered shaft, near the middle section of the staff a number of linked runic symbols began to glow and storm chakra leaped from the weapon over the left should of the young man forming into an identical clone of his storm trident that floated in the air without any physical aid from its creator.

Ning's shoulder length white hair seemed to levitate slightly at the ends due to the electricity flowing through his body and the spear. "Let us exchange a few blows." A gentle smile on the man's lips showed how relaxed he felt, it was a feeling that he got the most strangely when using his spear in combat, perhaps he was just a weird kid in the end but for him it was one of the best feeling he had discovered so far in his life.

His senses in this state of mind were able to extend out from his body, allowing the man to slowly gain a mental picture of the surrounding area of the training around the two shinobi, with nod of his head the man's gold eyes locked onto his lightning clad opponent. Following the not the man pushed forward as the storm clad spear short forward with extreme speed and precision of a well-trained spearman. He had clad the weapon in storm chakra to counter the shocking effect of the fellow shinobi's lightning ninjutsu.

But it was the ghost spear just above his left shoulder that moved simultaneously appearing to perform the exact same technique as the real spear as it pierced forwards towards the center of Chiaki 's chest armor. A two for one attack, where the storm spear copy would perform the exact same attacks as the user did over the course of its life. It also held a little secret that would probably be exposed soon enough. Ning wanted to judge how well his comrade's close range abilities were when compared to her peak level chakra control.
JutsuShow

Storm Ghost Spear - Creates an identical weapon clone of storm chakra that mimics the user's actions with the original spear, floating just off to the user's left or right side and welded as though welded by a ghost for the next four posts. Once per post the user can cause one of their active ghost spears to break apart releasing the storm passive causing ribbons of storm chakra to fire off at a target/target area up to thirty meters away. Each of these ribbons carrying with them the piercing capacity at [Strength/2] strength. The user is able to manifest up to two storm spears, one to the left of the user and one to the right side, at a time following the rules for multiple projectile jutsu for chakra cost.

Jutsu Stats:
Speed = 16
Strength = 15

* Kushou・Bundling Straw
C-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
This technique is a kind of mental preparation for the constant movement and spinning involved in the Kushou style. This enables the user to gather snippets of vision, sounds and tactile sensory information in order to be properly aware of the battlefield around them whether standing still or in rapid circular motion. The user is effectively aware of their surroundings within 25m of their person, able to recognize when attacks are coming and the body positions of opponents.

* Kushou・The Viper Flicks its Tongue
This simple technique involves thrusting quickly with the user’s long weapon from a distance before quickly pulling back their polearm to prevent counters. This techniques most useful aspect is that it can be used while in motion without affecting speed or momentum.

CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kanade

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:34 pm

Chiaki readied her staff for the blows that would be raining down on her, probably too fast to react, but if she could fend off a couple of them, and maybe make a swing of her own, even if it was a wild one, that might be able to work. Then the clone of the trident floated to the side of the one that he had in his grasp, without any owner or anything. Well, that would make it rather difficult for her to maintain control of the situation, even if she blocked the first one.

She got the feeling that the relaxed smile was from his ease into the fight. She always was a ball of nerves and got a tingling sensation in her fingers and toes whenever she fought. Her heart always raced, and it was one of the reasons that she needed to be trained, and needed to train with others of her same age, or skill level, or even those below her, because she wasn’t really up to the task of combat still. Her fight with the twins with Mariya made her agonizingly aware of that fact.

Chiaki made a couple of quick hand seals, and was able to see through the other shinobi’s eyes as he locked onto her lightning clad body, she looked at herself and she knew that he was looking for weaknesses in her armor, a place where he could strike and be most effective. She moved reflexively and blocked the real thing, the ghost spear digging into her armor and pushing her back, the force of the blow jarring her staff from her hands as she lost control of the weapon.

Just how much stronger was he than her?

She huffed and wove a couple more hand seals as her staff dropped to the ground with a zap and clatter, the jutsu still active on it. She would try to control his trident’s movements, if she couldn’t block his blows, which, unsurprisingly, she couldn’t.

She extended her hand toward the trident and opened her eyes, locking them onto the trident in his hand and gritting her teeth, reaching for her staff with her non-dominant hand and grasping it. At least that hand wasn’t as jarred or numb as the one which took the brunt of the blow. She hoped that her magnetic jutsu would be able to hold his trident off as she swung wildly with her non-dominant hand, the jutsu of Raiton: conductor still sheathing the weapon in her grasp.

Chiaki became surprisingly non-verbal when concentrating on combat, mainly because her speed, strength, and other physical attributes just paled in comparison to her peers. She didn't notice the blood dripping from her chest where the ghost spear had damaged her.
new jutsu usedShow
*Jikiton • Draw
D-Ranked Jikiton Jutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user will reach toward a metallic or magnetized object within 10 metres of the user. The target will be drawn to the user at [24] speed, but can be held in place with [24] strength.
~~My characters~~

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:42 am

"Hm?" The man made the question sound aloud, something a bit off for him, but her actions to attempt and grab hold of the tri pointed spear weapon was something he hadn't expected the rather noncombative young woman to attempt. Just what kind of technique was she attempting to use, having seen her drop the electrified staff as he moved to attack to form hand seals in the last minute. But her efforts paid off, even if only at first now as he realized what was happening just a few seconds too late to pull back or adjust his own attack pattern as the Jikiton technique took hold of his own spear stopping it from advancing any future.

Ning was forced to react as her other hand not being used for the technique grasped hold of the staff and swung at him without any remorse as the boy used the stuck staff to his own advantage and leaped upward. Keeping one hand on the polearm the man had now become inverted as the clone strike from the storm spear which had stopped in midair right beside his other glowed for a brief second as the chuunin activated the 'Kai' technique. There was a small explosion as eight ribbons of storm chakra flashed forward from the destroyed spear clone of Storm chakra and would smash head-on into the extended arm, head, and upper torso area of the young woman.

Due to the point-blank range of the attack, it didn't have the time or needed range to disperse over its normal area of effect that the storm passive normally would have, this would leave Chi to deal with the surprise attack. Would her powerful raiton armor be enough to hold back the multi attack of storm chakra ribbons? Ning held himself firm, waiting to see two things happen. The first being if his attack would disrupt the magnetic chakra from his training partner's technique and two if the armor coating her body was strong enough to hold up against the stealth attack he'd kept hidden until the last moment when he really needed it.

JutsuShow

Kai technique detonating the storm spear clone.

Ranton Passive

Ranton [Storm Release] is a unique elemental affinity exclusive to the Arashiyama clan. By mixing their natural affinities for Raiton [Lightning Release] and Suiton [Water Release] the clan is able to create a liquid-like plasma called storm.
Passive (Splashing)
Hide
Ranton has a splashing nature, which causes it to break into ribbons on impact, and distribute over an area. Ranton splashes on impact and breaks into X number of ribbons with X strength, where X is equal to 1/2 the strength of the jutsu(rounded up) and distributes over an area of Y meters, where Y is equal to 1/4th the speed of the jutsu (rounded up). These ribbons retain the effect of their original jutsu, so a Ranton jutsu used to pierce would create ribbons that stab and pierce anything they strike, while a Ranton jutsu that is wrap would create ribbons that wrap. Like Raiton, Ranton jutsu are electrical, and cause nerve damage on contact base on the ninjutsu requirement for the jutsu, seen below]:

15-24 Control: Tingling, acute numbness & spasms.

X = 16/2 = 8

Eight ribbons at Eight strength = 64 overall

Storm Ghost Spear - Creates an identical weapon clone of storm chakra that mimics the user's actions with the original spear, floating just off to the user's left or right side and welded as though welded by a ghost for the next four posts. Once per post the user can cause one of their active ghost spears to break apart releasing the storm passive causing ribbons of storm chakra to fire off at a target/target area up to thirty meters away. Each of these ribbons carrying with them the piercing capacity at [Strength/2] strength. The user is able to manifest up to two storm spears, one to the left of the user and one to the right side, at a time following the rules for multiple projectile jutsu for chakra cost.

Jutsu Stats:
Speed = 16
Strength = 15

CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kanade

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:06 pm

Chiaki had grabbed the spear, but with a sinking feeling as her own staff passed under him as he leapt in the air. A rather great way to get away from her and her techniques. by using her darned near immovable spear that she had control of now, well, sort of control over. She got hit by the technique of the kai ribbons full force and it imploded her armor again. She really needed to work on that, but it also did minimal damage otherwise as her barrier was able to absorb most of it, surprisingly, but her head, and by extension her face, took the brunt of the harm. She felt the cartilage snap on the bridge of her nose, and a warmth running down and over her mouth as she leapt back, attempting to drag the spear, his main form of attack, with her.

She grit her teeth and struggled to see whether the [24 strength] pull of her magnetic jutsu would be enough to wrest control of the trident from the other Chuunin's hands, and if so, perhaps she could maybe swing it clumsily at him. Pulling it with her hand though, was making it so that she couldn't really do any hand seals, that and maintaining the chakra that was surrounding her own pewter staff.

Maybe she would be able to pull it from him, but maybe he would just close the distance with his trident and that would be... dangerous, given the difference in their strengths, also evidenced by the hit that had jarred her staff from her hands.
~~My characters~~

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:29 pm

Ken hadn't been for sure that the attack from his trident's unlocked skill would be enough to break the young woman's tough raiton armor, having already experienced it previously in his first exchange with Chiaki. But to his surprise it seemed to have just enough punch to not only through the armor but even deliver a small blow onto the cute face of his sparring partner, something he felt slightly sorry for. But before he could feel too sorry about his action, he discovered that she was able to maintain control over the magnetic technique. What mental fortitude she must have, when she pulled back with her hand holding the spear the man was forced to improvise.

'Crap!' The word mentally flowed through the man's mind as he felt his own body pulled toward Chiaki, feeling his body being dragged forward. He needed to break the invisible grip upon his trident. Gritting his teeth, the man pulled his own body forward with the single arm with all the strength he could muster, doing a forward tuck he released hold of the spear that he had used to propel his own momentum towards. Turning the flip into a truly basic but hopefully effective counterattack to take back his main and only weapon. As he rotated his body a half flip forward both legs extended out turning the flip into an angled drop kick with both feet.

The target was the only part he could reach without hitting the fellow chuunin right in the face as he aimed the bottom of his sandals right for her upper chest, pushing out not quite at full strength but with enough that he would knock back his opponent and hopefully regain control over his weapon. But of course, the opponent always had a choice in how down things went down and this was no different, just like any real-life fight between two opposing forces.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kanade

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:58 pm

The dropkick was enough to make Chiaki lose her grip on her jutsu, letting the spear clatter to the ground as she squeaked in surprise and flattened herself unceremoniously against the ground as the youth sped overhead. She quickly made her seals once more, probably for the last time, erecting her shield once more and taking a defensive stance with her hands out in front of her, palms open like she had seen her fellow priestesses do. She was probably a mess, and didn't have time to wonder whether or not her clothing was in disarray, nor her hair. For the time being, it was enough that she was able to see, and that she was able to dodge, by throwing herself at the ground, his dropkick.

Problem was, she had no idea what she was doing taijutsu wise.

Grinning and seeming to bluff, she took a stance over the trident triumphantly and bent her legs in a defensive stance. Perhaps she could guard this spear and see what other jutsu or techniques the other shinobi had in store for her. The trident was still magnetized, but she would have to use her jutsu again to wrest it from his hands, and she had no jutsu to propel it away from her. She wasn't that interested in hurting other people, so the use of magnetism to launch weapons had never occurred to her.

She was sweating and panting heavily through her mouth as the blood ran from her nose and her eyes watered from the jutsu that had hit her in the face. Once more, just one more time. She was going to be a good sparring partner. Even if she depleted herself entirely. Chiaki's clothes hung and clung to her in the sun and her limbs felt heavy and started to feel cold, she was almost at the end of her chakra.
jutsu usedShow
*Raiton • Lightning Armament
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After the correct hand seals are performed, the user coats themselves in a thick layer of lightning. This armour of lightning forms near instantly and requires [24] Strength to break. During this time, the user's physical strikes apply the Raiton shocking effect.
~~My characters~~

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:53 pm

He missed. The young man's body flew like a shot arrow through the air just above the fellow chuunin's head as she had literally flattened herself out upon the ground allowing for him to soar just overhead. His feet impacted first a few meters behind where Chiaki had been positioned as he allowed his legs to crumple and then for his own momentum to carry him forward to escape striking range as his back was still towards the girl as he conducted a forward shoulder roll using his hands to push himself into the air transitioning into more of a front tuck. Using his slender frame to twist as he pushed off the ground while upside down performing a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree twist now landing on his feet once more with knees bent, hands out in front of him with palms open in a defensive posture himself.

"Hah, nice one!" His legs bent as his body seemed to almost fall forward as he pushed rapidly at the woman as he could see the lightning spreading across her body once more, it was the same armor jutsu that she had used twice already. He frowned slightly and shifted his body weight to the left in a slightly faint and then a immediately pushed to the right attempting to circle around the young woman. Not quite ready to make an advance against the powerful shocking defense that surrounded the woman's attractive figure. Her body movements seemed to betray that she was tired, the shinobi's jutsu must be quite a draining one but that would make sense due to how powerful it was.

Pushing to his full speed the man began to rapidly circle around the young woman looking at how she responded, seeing how she was attempting to remain in a dominant position of his trident that still sparked faintly with storm chakra down its length. He needed to judge if he could perform a faint to get in close without being shocked by her defensive technique in order to regain possession of his trident, since it was the only weapon he had brought to the training ground with him today. Obviously, fighting hand to hand didn't make to much sense against a raiton ninjutsu either.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kanade

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:46 pm

Chiaki wasn't really able to keep up with his speed, the feint was going to work and she knew that whether it was a feint or not she wasn't able to boost her speed enough for her to react in time for her to be able to do anything about the taking of the spear. She grit her teeth and would use the last of her chakra to fire off three blasts after a whirlwind of hand seals. They were the same things that she had used before, but perhaps she could use this again and it would hit this time. It was the last of her chakra that she would use before giving in, but still, it was all worth it because she had at least disarmed her opponent and had only come out with a broken nose.

She remembered that she had failed her first four missions, and had been kicked off of her squad. She had not trained since then and had probably only started getting slower and less strong with time. But she wanted to be strong, not only for Mariya but for her other teammates. She knew that this would be the end of the spar for her. She would either land the three shots of Raiton chakra aimed at her opponent's legs, or it would be over. The legs were what she had to aim for as well, because if it hit his arms, he still had one more of those, his torso wouldn't do any good, and could cause him harm that she might not be able to reverse, but his legs would immobilize him, and she would have him in the palm of her raiton-covered hands.

All of the spar riding on this last ditch effort, she closed her eyes and prayed that the jutsu would land. She tucked her chin into her shoulder and winced in imagined pain as she knew that if her jutsu didn't land, she would be a sitting duck. She didn't even have the stamina, nor the chakra to move herself anymore, just sit there and bluff that she had the strength to fend him off.
jutsu usedShow
*Raiton • Stun Gun
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will channel Raiton chakra to two of their fingers. They will then be able to fire up to three total bullet sized balls of concentrated lightning from their fingertips. These bullets will travel at [29 (old thread)] speed, but will not have any physical force. Instead, they will apply light electrical burns similar to a sun burn and will apply Raiton's shocking effect.
~~My characters~~

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:50 pm

'What fast hand seals!' Ning was pretty terrible when it came to using Ninjutsu, thus why he had focused his efforts into the spear and using its unique features to hopefully offset his other weaknesses. It was no or never as he saw the hand seals forming that he knew he needed to attempt to retrieve his primary weapon. Pivoting at a near ninty degree angle the young man dashed at full speed coming in from her left side as she had already finished her seals and more lightning formed at her fingertips.

One step in he saw her point towards him and he dodged left as a bullet like blast of lightning flashed by so fast that he only caught a trace of the trail it left on his right side. Another shot nearly grazed his left leg as he closed another step, just needing a few more to reach his trident. Pow! He hadn't been able to see the third and final shot that impacted his left thigh as he attempted to anticipate the next shot.

A shocking pain followed by numbness caused the man to falter onto his good leg as he attempted to recover but had to much momentum to stop ending up thinking forward. Raising his arms and hands up to protect his face he twisted after hitting the ground winding up sliding a bit on his back before coming to a stop. Lowering his arms and opening his eyes he could see the shaft of the trident to his side before he stretched his neck slight to look up.

If The young woman didn't move during the chuunin's tumble she would be able to look down at him as he looked up at her from the ground level. Not sure what to do in these circumstances the man simple closed his golden eyes and let a nervous laugh, attempting to talk. "Nice shot, heh."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kanade

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:38 pm

Chiaki closed her eyes and waited, waited... for a blow that never came. As she opened her eyes, she saw that the other Chuunin was at her feet, looking up at her as she looked down her lightning covered gi at him. She giggled and bent down to poke him on the nose, releasing her chakra right at the very last second and said, "Suppose that means you're it-cha." making reference to the age-old game that she used to play as a child. It was tag, of course, but she wondered whether or not the youth would know it or whether she was too old and dating herself by making the reference.

She nodded to his trident, "I was going to pick it up, but it looks like I would be in for a bit of a nasty shock if I were to pick it up-cha." She reached for the tether which was still there and nodded, "Here let me take care of your leg for ya-cha."

She wove a couple of hand seals and her healing energy flowed from her and into him in a wisp of chakra again. She had the tether since she had touched him before, so it was rather easy to heal him now. "I am out of chakra, so I suppose that means you win-cha." She grinned and sat down on the ground, her legs splayed as she tossed her sweat-covered face to the sun and gave a hearty laugh. She had fun, she actually had fun with this spar. Her inhibitions seemed to be rather loosened as she wiped the sweat from her brow and lay back in the grass, looking up at the clouds and let out a contented sigh.
jutsu usedShow
~Tenketsu Tethering: Minor Heal
C-Rank Ninjutsu/Iijutsu
Requires: [Iijutsu]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will channel chakra into a specific tether delivering a pulse of healing chakra. This chakra will heal superficial damage and clot blood almost instantly however deeper but small wounds, cuts, bruises, will take up to a post to regenerate.
~~My characters~~

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:58 pm

"Hah, suppose it does." A breath of relief was released just before his words, having imagined in his mind just what a shock from that armor of hers might have felt like as she booped him on the nose, thankfully he was spared what the reality would have been as he smiled and laughed at the exchange as he reached down to either side and slowly say up. "Perhaps, but your armor probably would have protected you if I had to guess." The young man sat up on his bottom now as he twisted a bit, allowing of for him to look up to his right side at the woman as she mentioned taking care of his leg. For a moment he had forgotten the numbness but upon her words the strange sensation returned as he reached down rubbing it with his left hand.

"Thanks." As she waved hand seals, he went ahead and preemptively thanked the cute chuunin, just before the warm embrace that was Chiaki's chakra spread through his body and worked its way right down into the affected muscles in his upper leg feeling the unique chakra unwind the cliched muscle. The tightness and numbness along with the pin and needle like feeling slowly faded. "How could I win if you already did?" Ning smiled and glanced over at the woman as she sat down in the grass, shaking his head. "At least it was a cute girl who beat me."

Speaking with a joking tone the man relaxed back down on the ground as well at this point, this had definitely been a fun little spar and he had learned not only something about himself but about Chiaki. It was good to know that Kumo had such talented shinobi around like her to be there for then shinobi like him undoubtedly ended up in a bad situation. "Hey Chiaki, thank for the spar. I definitely want you on my side instead of the other way are." Looking up at the drifting cloud the young man just smirked a little as he stole a glance at the equally sweat covered chuunin before directing his attention back towards the slowly passing clouds above them.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kanade

Looking for a warm up

Post by Kanade » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:32 pm

Chiaki gave the youth a shrug when he asked how he had won, she was out of breath and out of luck for her jutsu. She had used a lot of chakra and couldn't help but heave a relieved sigh, "I was bluffing there at the end. I don't think that I could have kept that jutsu up for more than a half-minute longer-cha." She giggled at him and gave him a thumbs up when he called her cute, blaming the sun, the sweat, and the exertion for her blush. Yeah, sure, that was it. She wasn't accustomed to flattery, but getting it from someone who was very much younger than her still boosted her pride, even if it was just a little bit.

"I am glad that you are on my side and not the other way around as well-cha!" The smile only faded after the words and she flopped back on the ground, gathering her gi so that she didn't show anything indecent she left her knees bent and looked up at the clouds, cooling off in the mountain's breeze. What a lovely day for a spar, and what a lovely partner for a sparring match. Hopefully she would be able to fight with him again, though perhaps this time towards a common goal, rather than against him.

She wondered whether or not she would be able to make up for lost time and gain the power that she needed for her mother soon, or whether, like the clouds above her, it was fleeting and unreachable with the powers that she was able to attain.

/last post by Chiaki/
~~My characters~~

Zao

Looking for a warm up

Post by Zao » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:09 am

The young shinobi didn't seem to notice the blush his own words had caused, a bit obviously as he turned to start at the sky. "Some have told me that luck is also a skill that everyone hopes they have." As he spoke the man returned her thumbs up with a soft smile on his face before he placed both hands behind his head and allowed his full body to relax for a bit after the rapid exertion. "Indeed, Chiaki. Next time we'll be sure to be on the same team."

Exhaling slowly the man closed his eyes for a moment, just feeling the slight wind caress as his damp skin cooling his body off. Though it had been a short spar, he'd learned enough for the morning training session, next was the most important step to any workout. That being the proper rest after a workout. Without even realizing it a faint snore slipped through the man's lips as he'd briefly drifted off into a light sleep.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”