[Graded]Now Arriving: Hanamura

HotelBravo

[Graded]Now Arriving: Hanamura

Post by HotelBravo » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:53 pm

The Kumogakure Hospital.
7:00 P.M.

It wasn’t too long after the most recent Exams and subsequent Graduation at the Shinobi Academy in Kumogakure. This also meant that the otherwise usually temperate climate was approaching its peak temperature as the Summer had officially begun. It was not unfamiliar to Hanako, who had grown up on the East side of the Lightning Empire and had spent most of her days working outside. She could smell the salt on the air blowing in from the West into the Hidden Village as she made her way, faithfully, to the Hospital.

The staff at the hospital had gotten to know Hanako fairly well over the course of the Year as a result of her faithful visits that were at the exact time of every day. She approached the pair of women in white hospital uniforms who were serving at the Receptionist desk today. She stood in front of them as she considered what she would ask.

”I wonder if they will let me see Granny today. If I’m extra polite the receptionist will have to help me. No, they already said that they would check for her room number so I should just be patient and wait in the lobby like they said last time.” she thought aloud.

Both receptionists smiled at each other awkwardly as Hanako blurted out her thoughts right in earshot of them, but their attempts to interrupt the stream of consciousness spewing out of her mouth were in vain, and at last Hanako nodded her head and made her way past the receptionists to the lobby. Here she sat down and started reading a book that was far from the usual lobby magazines meant to distract the people waiting here.

Instead it was a full a anthology of medical journals that had been published into a large hardback book. And as the small Genin sat quietly reading through the pages with the focus of a hawk, any given passer by would of possibly thought - that was a lot of book for such a little girl.
Last edited by Valkier on Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as graded

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Now Arriving: Hanamura

Post by Kanade » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:09 pm

Chiaki looked through her charts again and then a charge nurse came by, and just snatched them out of her hands. She was about to protest when the nurse indicated her wrist and pointed to a clock saying, "Your student is waiting." Chiaki looked around the charge nurse and hiccupped because she hadn't seen that she was already an hour late. The last patient that she had seen was a difficult one, but she had managed to patch them up. Yanking off her white lab coat and depositing it in the dirty laundry bin, she made sure her hair was alright, looked at her disarrayed clothing, decided to put on an unsoiled coat, and walked through the doors.

She had two things that were not on her side: one, she had never met her student before, and two, she didn't know how old her student was, nor even her name. The missive had said that there was a student that was looking to study under her and to throw them into the deep end. So be it. Every genin had to learn to swim someday that aspired to be a medical ninja right?

She looked around the waiting room and found a girl, a very young girl, sitting reading a medical journal anthology. Chiaki had actually written some of the articles in this particular anthology, and was rather proud of herself for this, but damn, they got younger and younger every year. What was the Raikage trying to do, kill the youth of the village.

She walked up to the youth and put a finger in the middle of the book, leaning down, "I appreciate that you picked up an anthology that has my publications in it, but brown nosing will get you nowhere. Let's see what you can do, and what you know about the medical field." If the girl started to protest, she would just drag her along, she had decided, and she had a retort to add on top of that. "Books can be left with the desk while we tour the facility. I am not going to have anyone die on my watch so think of yourself as my shadow and follow me."

One of the nurses opened her mouth to protest, like they always did, but starting out strong and fearsome was usually the best tactic, since she hid the honey behind her hospital facade, "Don't you try to defend her, she's going to have to learn sooner or later, and the sooner the better. This hospital is a warzone, and each patient you take responsibility for is a casualty you can avoid. If you fail, it's squarely on your shoulders." She leveled a gaze at the young girl before she scooted the girl through the door, not listening, and not caring about any of the receptionist, or nurses protests. They didn't understand the pressure that she was under for having a small, inexperienced kunoichi to teach medical ninjutsu to.

When they were through the doors, she crossed her arms and asked in a bland tone, "What jutsu do you know already?"
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:23 pm

Hanako was wearing her pink kimono and had managed to curl up into a ball on her chair as she read about a case of a person who dyed their skin blue as a result of ingesting silver as though it were some kind of medical cure. She hadn’t even been paying attention when someone approached her. A finger interrupted her reading. “Who’s finger is this? '' She asked out loud as she checked to make sure she had all of her fingers. Seeing that she did, her gaze followed the finger back up to its hand, to the connected arm, and to the scarred face of the owner.
Chiaki:
"I appreciate that you picked up an anthology that has my publications in it, but brown nosing will get you nowhere. Let's see what you can do, and what you know about the medical field."
Dark brown eyes met the mismatched ones of the Kyoukan healing of a thousand wounds. Hanako’s mind was still somewhat occupied by the contents of her reading and was slow to react to Chiaki’s words, until she found herself dragged out of her chair by the assertive woman, and her library book was passed off to the front desk. This time Hanako looked at Chiaki again, but earnestly. “Who is this person? It seems like she knows what she is doing so I should just go along with her. Maybe she is taking me to see Granny?” Her thoughts spilled carelessly through her lips oblivious to whether Chiaki was paying attention to them or not as Chiaki verbally sparred with the Receptionists.
Chiaki:
"Books can be left with the desk while we tour the facility. I am not going to have anyone die on my watch so think of yourself as my shadow and follow me."
“This must be stealth training. They talked about shadowing and following people in the academy.” She continued to misunderstand. She looked around for places to hid as she was pulled along by Chiaki by the hand. She had practiced more with the natural environment than inside a building, but the decorative shrubs that she was spotting here and there definitely seemed like an option. She tugged back against Chiaki only briefly when she tried to move to a hiding spot, only to find that the hiding spot was now moving further away as she led away from the lobby.
Quote:
What jutsu do you know already?"
“She seems like maybe she is a bit of an airhead huh? She keeps changing topics, now she wants to talk about my jutsu? I only know the academy jutsu, but maybe I should lie, she will like me better? Strong people are cool and have lots of friends right?” Hanako’s thoughts spilled out of her lips, and she was oblivious to this as per usual. Finally she nodded her head coming to an important decision. “I know all the academy jutsu, and of course I know lots of jutsu. I know a water jutsu - you go like this and then the water goes woosh! Then it beats the baddguys, do you know that one?” She lied as she tried to Mimic Chiaki's body language. She folded her arms and took on a bored yet cool tone, that she thought Chiaki had been using just now.

She wasn't able to keep up the act for long though. Her curiousity began to g et the better of her and her gaze was immediately attracted to everything that was was new in this unfamiliar part of the hospital. It didn't seem like the in patient care that she was used to when she had visited her Granny in the past. She looked for any signs that explained where they were or where they were going, although it was partly out of curiosity. "Maybe this is the Emergency Room." She thought aloud to herself. "Oh, she must be sick! We better find a doctor right away then." Hanako thought aloud. She then started looking for a doctor.

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:43 pm

Chiaki raised an eyebrow as she watched the young Kunoichi's antics, and remembered back to when she was that age and visibly cringed at it. She sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose with her index finger and thumb, beckoning the girl to follow, letting go of her and taking up her patient files on a clipboard. Then she brought the clipboard down, not gently, on the top of the young kunoichi's head with a satisfying "TAP!"

"Pay attention, bedside manner, be polite, keep your thoughts in your head until you want to speak." Chiaki listed off what the smaller Kunoichi needed to do. "If you don't know any jutsu other than academy jutsu and they sent you to me with the hopes that I'd teach you, I'll need to test your chakra control. Unfortunately for you, I am not going to let you practice on anyone here." She scribbled a note on a patient file and walked down the hallway before placing it in the cubby on the outside of the room and turning over a card from red to green.

"I would, however, like to know what you know of human anatomy, and how you would treat this particular patient." She handed a file over to the kunoichi, but before the girl could grab it she withheld it for the instructions once more, "Pay attention, bedside manner, be polite, keep your thoughts to yourself until you wish them to be public." She nodded and handed the file over.

Should the younger kunoichi open the file she would find:
"
Patient Yagi Nobuyuki
Sex: M

437 Thunder Avenue, Kumogakure market district.
Weight: 75 kilos
Height: 181 cm

GMH: complaints of stomach and chest pain, pre-diabetes, cirrhosis of the liver (past), fracture of the femur (past), Fracture of the tibia (past), elevated BP, Elevated cortisol levels.

Patient complains of pain to the right side of his stomach when moving, coughing at night, occult blood in urine found. low BP. Low HR. Low ROB. Pallor is ruddy.
"
~~My characters~~
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:47 pm

The genin had mostly followed Chiaki without really thinking about where she was going or why despite the word vomit escaping her mouth. Ultimately, Hanako’s stream of consciousness was interrupted with a tap on the head of a clipboard. Her attention was brought to focus for the brief time upon Chiaki, and she found herself curious about the woman as she seemed to be engaging with the items on the wall she Hanako mostly considered decorations. Then came Chiaki’s question and a curious file. Hanako reached for it with barely a thought before getting interrupted by Chiaki’s instructions about bedside manners

The Mystery intrigued the genin, who eagerly opened the file only to find a boring medical chart. Well the mystery was gone but there was still a puzzle and that excited her in a way. So she began to read the file contents to herself outloud because she had a hard time reading in her own head as it was too noisy in there. She honestly didn’t even realize she was doing it.

“GMH - What is that I’ve never heard of before. Complaints of stomach and chest pain, could be acid reflux. Pre-diabetes no comment, cirrhosis of the liver (past), possible re-emergence of condition liver is on the same side of symptoms. Facture of the femur? Doesn’t seem important, fracture of tibia also. Elevated BP - I don’t know what that means. Elevated Coritsol levels, I don’t know what that is either. Patient complains of pain on right side of stomach - likely related to liver due to past history. Coughing at night - patient laying down, stomach acid irritating the throat? Possible - linked to pain in chest perhaps, but likely related to other symptoms instead- connected to the Liver or kidney. Occult blood found in urine… Low BP? I thought the BP was elevated, which contradicts prior statement about BP - maybe its blood pressure? Low HR - I don’t know what this is. Low ROB - I don’t know what this is. Pallor is ruddy - I’ve never heard these words before.”

Hanako stopped talking for a moment as the thoughts and symptoms rattled around on the inside of her skull until they started fitting together. The only picture she was really getting was that she didn’t have a clear enough picture to solve the puzzle. She was missing information. Maybe it was on the page, but she had never been on this side of medical journal before, and besides she hadn’t actually read that many articles in the medical journal.

“The Liver.” Hanako announced as she put the folder back. “But I’m missing information. How can I confirm this? I don’t have any jutsu to sense the damage. For treatment… ” She considered her garden's variety of medical knowledge before slapping a fist into a hand. “Restrict intake of salts and alcohol. I am not aware of any medicine or jutsu that can stop a liver from bleeding.”

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:25 pm

Chiaki watched as the small, and very young girl opened the file which was about the same size as the girls’ upper torso. Why were they letting such young genin into the world of medical ninjutsu?

“GMH is General Medical History, in that paragraph you will find the patient’s general medical history summed up in one to two quick paragraphs which helps with a diagnosis. It is a good thing that this uh,” She looked at the file over the top of it while the smaller kunoichi still had it in her grasp, “Male, is not drug seeking, or at least doesn’t have a history of it, stomach pains are sometimes that.”

She nodded twice at the re-emergence of condition of the liver since she had thought of that too. “Elevated blood pressure is in his past hmm?” She nodded to herself and continued to listen to the smaller medical kunoichi, “The second paragraph are the current symptoms, but they usually don’t put that under any heading to save on ink and time.”

“Coughing at night would point towards acid reflux, so yes you’ve got a good point there. I wonder if he’s been in a supine position while he’s been here.” She mused and raised an eyebrow, still waiting for the other kunoichi to continue, “BP is blood pressure, HR is Heart Rate, ROB is Rate of Breathing or how many breaths you take in 1 minute.”

She pointed to her face, “My pallor today is rather fair, but healthy, a ruddy pallor or complexion would suggest….?” She waited for the smaller kunoichi to draw a conclusion, “And the fact that his cortisol levels and BP are usually high, along with the fact that he has pre-diabetes means that having low levels is extremely uncommon for him, or that the nurse that triaged him has no clue what she was doing.”

She continued to study the smaller kunoichi and smiled, “there are things that we can do to stop the bleeding if it is internal bleeding, but the pallor being ruddy and not blanched means that he isn’t bleeding internally, so there has to be something else wrong with him. Occult blood means that you can’t see it normally, and it takes a microscope or a magnifying glass to determine that it’s there. You’re doing well, but can you tell me what might be affecting Heart Rate, Blood Pressure, Breathing, the patients complexion, and would be putting blood into his urine?”

She tilted her head, “And from his past injuries, can you deduce anything about this individual’s work history that might give a clue as to why he is in hospital today rather than at work?”
~~My characters~~

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:38 am

Hanako waited for Chiaki to explained the terminology on the medical chart. Now that she had a fuller understanding she could see how some of the things she had considered would be incorrect about the situation. She hadn’t been reading medical journals that long - in the first place she had started because she wanted to find a way to help her Granny whom had an extended stay at the hospital. She didn’t even consider that she was supposed to be a visitor and not a medical student, there was only the puzzle.

She considered the facts at hand once again with the new information. Despite looking at Chiaki initially, the fact that Hanako was becoming distracted by her own thoughts was beginning to become apparent, and so once again she began to think aloud because it was too noisy in her head to focus on anything. “Low blood Pressure, Low Heart rate, low breathing linked. If pallor is skin is that the color red? Haven’t looked at the patient yet. Blood with Oxygen is red, could poor circulation be involved? Kidneys linked to diabetes, possible source of blood in urine, but also possible bladder. If Kidneys are the source and condition may low blood sugar maybe? If bone fractures are related - infection possible. Bacterial infection of an organ due to treating fractured leg? Infection in Bladder or Kidney could cause pain with moving. No Fever or temperature mentioned, assuming is normal temperature then. Unlikely. Perhaps with leg injuries, he can no longer walk, putting at greater risk for diabetes. Pain on the right side though…”

She began to consider what she knew about organs, having been taught about their location because of the need for a shinobi to kill someone and often times striking vital organs did the trick.

“Kidney…Liver…Gall Bladder…Intestines…If no pain from gall bladder, pre-diabetes points to signs Kidney function affected, kidney linked to occult urine, kidney inflammation could be linked to pain. Kidney related to diabetes low blood sugar, possible cause -” Hanako stopped talking abruptly as focus returned to her eyes and she looked at Chiaki again, actually seeing her now.

“Could it be the kidneys then? I think a kidney infection could cause pain. If he had surgery on his leg he could have gotten bacteria in his blood that infected the kidney.”

She was hoping that she was at least a bit closer. She would be really disappointed if she was really far off the mark, but then again, how could she have known when she didn’t have any formal training.

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:31 pm

Chiaki nodded, "There is a technique that I would like for you to try on this individual in order to sterilize their outsides so that we can extract the poison that's in their kidneys while I extract the poison from their system" She stepped over to the room, "It'll be an easy technique, it's detailed here. If you can sanitize him, then I'll also let you do the Chakra sewing technique which is also in this file. It's for Kumogakure ninja, and it's our libarary's jutsu." She pulled out another file and handed it over to Hanamura and continued into the room shutting the door behind the smaller kunoichi.

"Good morning!" Chiaki said, her rather flat demeanour peeling away to reveal her soft and vulnerable underside, which is what she used for bedside manner, "I am doctor Kyoukan, and this is my assistant, we've heard that you've been having some trouble with stomach pain recently." She looked over the patient and noted that his face was red, like it had said, his temperature was elevated and his breathing was shallow and irregular. It was worse than she had thought, but she would still be able to save him. Her and her new assistant.

"We hear that you've been having problems with your kidneys, and we'd like to help, is it alright if we start right away?" She needed to confirm that the patient was able to give consent or he would have to be taken to an alternate room and be worked on STAT. "Sir?"

"Please Just help, do anything to take away the pain!" He groaned and Chiaki looked at Hanamura-chan and raised both of her eyebrows before pointing to the three techniques that she wanted for her to use. One was the numbing technique, the other was the sterilization technique, and finally there was the chakra stitching technique.
~~My characters~~

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:57 pm

Hanako was rather shocked to be handed instructions on the performance of new jutsu. She wasn’t necessarily a slouch when it came to her studies but learning three jutsu at once was a faster pace then she had ever attempted to before. At least, for the moment. Learning how to study maps and layouts and memorize them was a basic ninja training for infiltration missions after all. Being able to memorize the contents of a scroll and report back to the village - it was almost like it was a common tactic that all shinobi would be expected to know. This gave her the advantage in that at least as far as a Drank jutsu was involved she could pick up the basics with just a single read through. The practical application of such however would be another matter, but she was decent with her control at least, and figured that she would probably be able to handle the Drank jutsus that were described here.

She didn’t even ask why she, a rank and file kunoichi, was being asked to perform medical duties with zero prior training, but perhaps this was the training that one would need to start said duties?

She quickly memorized the three technique’s procedure before following Chiaki into the room. It was lit much like her Grandmother’s room, although there did seem to be less amenities here. There was a sink, a locked cupboard, on the walls where some equipment she had seen in her grandmother’s room but had never seen in use - a hazardous materials disposal container and also two boxes of different sized gloves. As Hanako took in the room, a part of her mind was quietly trying to work out the technique for the first jutsu she would need to perform.

Hanako was pulled out of her momentary lapse at the groan of pain and at Chiaki’s expression. She blushed briefly at having been caught being inattentive and saw Chiaki tapping the three techniques once again. The girl took a deep breath. She moved over to the sink first and cleaned her hands before taking a pair of the smaller gloves and putting them on.

There was something… stifling about the gloves. For civillians perhaps the difference could not be felt, but for a ninja the material could be felt resisting one's chakra. Without a word of explanation to the patient, Hanako lifted up his shirt. The first technique was the Sterilization technique. Her fingers flew together and she formed the three seals needed to concentrate her chakra in the manner needed. She still felt stifled by the gloves, but it wasn’t like they were chakra resistant, it just took a little bit more focus and power to make her jutsu come to life than what she had anticipated.

Her the chakra around her hands had begun to take on only what she could describe as a mint sensation. It felt like a strange cooling was around her hands, and if it were a color that was visible to her eye she suspected that her chakra would be green. She held her hands down to the patients body and focused her chakra as it began to paint across his body - doubtlessly spreading that cool sensation to him as well.

545/480 - *[Iijutsu • Sterilization Technique] learned

Well, that technique seemed to go off without a hitch. Now it was time for the next one. She looked back at Chiaki and the second of the jutsu she was expected to perform. She had never performed any kind of technique like this second one. She would like Chiaki guide her to where the jutsu should be applied, but she assumed it was over the kidneys so that is what she was already in the process of preparing for. Her hands flew through the seals - Rat. Bird. Ox. Monkey. She had practiced each individual seal a thousand times in the academy. They had practiced them in multiple orders to make oneself fluent in any jutsu and making the handseal portion of the jutsu always the most easy to memorize.

As she focused her chakra through each seal she began to mold it to become the consistency that was described in the text she had just viewed. This chakra felt like it would likely be blue in color and felt somewhat lethargic and viscous, as if it were a heavy syrup somehow. She had to deal with the resistance of the gloves again, but this only took a brief moment to work around before her hands were coated, if the other jutsu felt cool to the touch, this one felt like maybe cold, like it was sucking the heat out of you.

The principle behind the technique was not too far off from that of a limb falling asleep. Putting the nerves in a given area to sleep with chakra. It took concentration and certainly wasn’t on the level of a Raiton jutsu, but then it also didn’t do nerve damage like a Lightning Release technique could. The difference between this technique and the other is that the Sterilization jutsu was surface level. This was pushing her chakra past his skin and into his chakra system and through his muscles. She had to actively fight against his naturally chakra flow to get the chakra to where she wanted it to be, at least she thought she had to. It took her a brief moment to realize that the body had a natural flow to its own chakra and if she followed that path with her own chakra she didn’t need to fight nearly as hard to get the job done.

Admittedly the man had continued to be sensitive so her attempt at the jutsu had been somewhat unpleasant for the fellow especially as her chakra worked on the areas that were in pain, but after her realization about following the flow of a patient’s natural chakra, she could physically feel his muscles relax via her chakra. Hanako made eye contact with the man but could see that his expression had relaxed somewhat. She didn’t know what to do now but the eye contact made her feel incredibly awkward so she just froze like a deer in the headlight and stared back at the man as her chakra continued to work its way and stifle the nerves in the area.

509/480 *[Iijutsu • Numbing] learned

“Maybe I should stop making eye contact with him? Some people see it as a challenge. I don’t know what to do though I wish that lady that had dragged me along would say something already. I feel like I’m stuck.” a bead of sweat appeared on her forehead. She could see a look of confusion cross Yagi’s face but other than the fact that she was unthinkingly speaking what she was thinking out loud again her face was blank and would be impressive at any poker table.

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:27 pm

Chiaki smirked as her young apprentice, Hanako, learned the new techniques. The redirect was needed, but hardly was anything that Chiaki hadn’t expected from her, since she was so new to the trade of being a kunoichi.

She saw the other girl put on gloves and nodded as she wove a couple of hand seals and placed a tether on her apprentice and the patient, then wove a couple more and the chakra that she had blazed a deep red, showing the places where the sterilization was still needed and ate at the foreign bodies, effectively making the patient, the apprentice, and herself all sterile.

Then she wove another set of hand seals and a medical tray, waiting for use flew over to her and halted in midair, waiting to be used as if it were on a table next to her at elbow-height. She took the scalpel from the sterile wrapping and watched as the chakra coursed through the patient, she found, to her satisfaction, that the sterilization jutsu and the numbing jutsu went off without a hitch. She made two incisions and used foreceps to widen the point of entry and then wove a couple more hand seals and then made an incision into the kidney itself where she extracted a black tar-like gunk out of the kidney.

It smelled rather rotten and foul but Chiaki kept siphoning it until she was sure that she had the entirety of the poison, made by the kidney actually to try to combat some substance that the man had ingested, out of his system.

“Some people actually like eye contact.” Chiaki nodded to Hanako and then nodded to the phial on the tray that was just floating there, “Can you grab that and hold it so that I can place the poison, or rather, the body’s defense mechanism that is acting like poison, into it?” She held the seals and waited for the girl to respond. She was sure that Hanako was good now, and was grateful that the Kage had sent the girl to her for to learn.

-------
Jutsu used:

~Tenketsu Tethering: Minor Poison Expulsion
C-Rank Ninjutsu/Iijutsu
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will draw out poison from the victim of a C rank or lower affected victim that is part of their Kyoukan Tether, it extracts the poison out of an orifice of the target's choosing. After one (1) post of the extraction process, the user will remove the poison. If the poison is able to be placed into a jar the second part may begin. From here, the liquid poison will be mixed with the Kyoukan's chakra in the phial or container. As this chakra interacts with the poison over the course of a second post, its molecules will be rearranged to form the antidote for the poison in question. This works only on C-Rank or lower poisons. The antidote, if administered takes a third post to completely rid the victim of the poison. The poison can be staved off for 2 posts before the antidote becomes ineffectual and has its negative effects halted if it is C rank or lower.

~Tenketsu Tethering: Link Up I
D-Rank Ninjutsu/Iijutsu
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan clan member will make physical contact with their target by touching them. When they lift their hand a pink whisp of chakra will be extend out from the target to themselves. This tether can stretch up to [Control] x 2 meters and lasts for [Control]/5 posts. When stretched further than this range, the tether remains but will be unusable as a medium for tether techniques.

~Tenketsu Tethering: Sterilization
D-Rank Ninjutsu/Iijutsu
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member can sterilize the body of anyone that is connected to their tether. This affects the whole of the body, and takes up to 2 posts for the affected areas to be sterilized. The user can pinpoint the area that they would like to sterilize and chakra eats away at bacteria, viruses, diseases, and other harmful foreign matter which would infect the patient. While the chakra eats at the foreign substances, the substances in question will flash a bright red, giving it an almost red sand-like color for the duration of the sanitation, and turning translucent after the chakra has sterilized in that area.[/i]
~~My characters~~

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:06 pm

The moment the tether connected to Hanako it broke her out of her daze with the man. It was a sensation like she had never experienced before. She had chakra used on her and had felt foreign chakra in her system before -it was all part of the basic package at the academy. Genjutsu after all was basically chakra invading your chakra system. This was on another level. What was this!? If was like her chakra system had become an extension of Chiakis and the feeling was rather unpleasant to Hanako. She made a confused expression as her mind tried to process just what exactly she was feeling. She turned to watch Chiaki work, but she couldn’t help but get the notion that this jutsu was something beyond chakra control.

Chiaki watched with morbid fascination as the incision was made and a jutsu began to siphon out sick black goo. She held her breath for the smell of it, but responded when Chiaki asked her to hold the phial for her. She did as she was bidden and held the phial, albeit a safe distance away from herself and her face as her arms could hold it.

“So this is what Medicinal Jutsu is like. Its like you can fix anything.” She thought aloud. “I guess there isn’t always a jutsu for everything though.” She thought as she considered her Granny’s predicament. Despite this being home to some of the most talented medical professionals in the country if not the known world - her Granny hadn’t been cured by a simple incision and an extraction of material. Still, if this was what a Medical ninja was capable of, she wanted more of whatever this was. Life saving jutsu so that she could heal her Granny and other people’s Granny too.

“Will you keep teaching me?” Hanako asked, as she prepared herself for the next jutsu that she would need to perform. The Chakra stitching technique. It was a little awkward forming the seal while she had her hand occupied with the phial and still managing to hold it reasonably so it wouldn’t tilt or spill. She already knew how to perform the technique after the short read, one only needed to emit precise strings of Chakra from one’s tenketsu. Then once woven to the injury to seal it shut you would connect the chakra to feed off the innate Chakra System. Theoretically this would allow the chakra threads to last forever unless someone, probably another medical ninja cnacelled the technique.

Hanako felt her chakra harden - though it was still flexible like thread and it stood just on the tips of her fingers ready for the technique. The instructions had even indicated the correct stitching pattern to use to keep the wound sealed.

There it was all ready to go. She waited for Chiaki to finish with whatever she was doing and to give her the go ahead with the chakra stitching, which at this point she was fairly confident she could perform, even if with only a single hand.

508/480 [Iijutsu • Chakra Stitching]

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:39 pm

Chiaki nodded as the black liquid pooled into the phial and then released the seal, taking it from the small kunoichi’s hands, she stirred it, watching the process of the weaving of seals, gave the nod of satisfaction and waited for Hanako to begin the stitching process and then watched the weaving of chakra between the layers of skin and smiled in satisfaction. This little one had much potential, she thanked whatever Kami had given her this opportunity to have her study under her.

“Good, make sure that you’re doing the stitching so that it’s not too tight, you can actually still create scars with your chakra, same as any other stitching."

Smiling and letting her approval seep through her tether like a warm blanket, she continued to stir and the black liquid dulled to a brown, and then a golden coloured liquid in the phial, the room’s acrid odor seemingly dispersed by the smell of something like a bone-broth.

“Here, drink this.”
She said to the patient, who was fixated on seeing the stitching occurring. She snapped her fingers twice in front of the man’s nose and pointed at her own eyes, “Look at me.” her voice crackled with impatience in stark contrast to her approval to Hanako, “Drink this.” She handed him the phial.

He drank it down and his colour returned to normal. Breathing another sigh of relief, all that there was left to do was wait for Hanako to finish with the stitching. “When you’re done, do you want to be taken to another patient, or did you want to go and see your grandmother?” She raised an eyebrow at the smaller kunoichi who was diligently stitching away. This was easier than she could hope for, the girl had talent, and surely she would be of use to Chiaki and the hospital, even the greater Lightning country.
~~My characters~~

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:49 pm

The sensation of emotion coming through chakra was unique and was somewhat unsettling. For Hanako it was sort of like a pins and needles feeling. It wasn’t necessarily painful, but it still made her uncomfortable despite being the result of a positive emotion. She just wasn’t used to this kind of connection with another person. She wasn’t entirely sure she liked the feeling or liked being connected in this way. She watched the work of the phial in curiosity and then was a bit grossed out, this was the poison they had just drawn out of the body. She wasn’t sure what the woman had done to it, but she understood the man’s reluctance to drink it, and completely empathized with it.

Hanako followed Chiaki’s instructions and finished the stitch, and perked up at the idea that she might be able to see her Granny.

”Oh could we!? I would like to see Granny now!” Despite her professionalism before she skipped and hopped much like her age in delight. However Hanako was not aware that her grandmother had actually passed away shortly after she had graduated to a genin - which was only a few days ago. Even with Ninja magic sometimes a body just didn’t have the strength to keep going, and such had been the case for the old woman, although Hanako was still not aware of what had truly happened.

It had truly been an unfortunate situation and one of misunderstandings. The truth had never been spoken in a way that she could understand and thus she was under the impression that her Granny was somewhere in the hospital still.

So unaware of this, she hopped from one foot to the other gleefully, as she disposed of the gloves she had been wearing and skipped out the door.

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:12 am

Chiaki nodded and hurried the girl out of the room, closing it and nodding to the patient who was already fast asleep, having had the better part of the week taken up by staying in bed she could understand his being tired. She ran a hand through her hair and stretched while nodding, "I think so yes." She looked over to the nurse's station, "We should go get your book and ask which room she is in unless you know which one off-hand?" She tilted her head and smiled at Hanako warmly. They had enough time, and the other patients didn't seem to be in critical condition.

She walked up with Hanako leading the way, seemingly bounding around and found that there were two things that were peculiar, one was that there was a genin at the desk and the second was that they were arguing with the nurses on duty. Apparently something had happened and this genin thought that they were entitled to some special privilege's. Chiaki would sort it out.

She waited patiently for the genin to pipe down and then said, "If you cannot treat the hospital staff with curtesy then you will be removed." She leaned down and gave them a too sweet smile before tilting her head and closing her eyes in mock kindness, "Do you understand? This is a place of rest." She straightened up and looked to Hanako and then indicated with her head that it was time to get her book and ask the nurses where her grandmother was.

"It's not fair." The genin pouted, "I was supposed to meet a great medical kunoichi and be her disciple, and she's late. Over half an hour late!" The genin puffed out their cheeks and glared at Hanako.

Chiaki raised an eyebrow, clearly not amused by the antics of the genin who had been arguing with the nurses.
~~My characters~~

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:09 am

”I don’t know which room she is in. She is not in the room she used to stay in.” Hanako explained, continuing to skip back towards the area where they had first met. Arriving here she found the genin arguing with the staff much as Chiaki had although Hanako remained quiet as the proceeding occurred. She was quite confused about what was going on. She watched Chiaki speak with this genin who began to cry about fairness and that she was supposed to meet with a medical person, and puffed at her cheeks at Hanako.

Hanako was still caught up in the idea that she would be getting to see her Granny soon and only partially registered that someone was angry with her. ”I want to see Granny as soon as possible, I should just get my book so we can get going. Oh, we need to ask about the room number as well.” Hanako began to say to herself, as she walked up to the desk and pointed at the book. ”Please let me have my book back, we’re going to go see Granny now, what room is she in?”

After retrieving the book, that was only hers by virtue that it was checked out from the library she waited to hear more from the staff, but found t hey were still concerned with the other genin. This drew Hanako’s attention fully for the first time.

”Hello! Are you here to see someone too?” She asked the other genin. ”I am here to see my Granny.”

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:46 pm

Chiaki frowned when she heard that Hanako didn't know what room her grandmother stayed in and turned to the nurses for help before Hanako asked the very question she was about to ask. She turned and looked to the nurses who looked at each other after handing the book back to Hanako. They were about to answer the genin when Hanako blurted out the question as to who the other genin was looking for.

A boy of the age of Chiaki would say fifteen readjusted his head band and stood proud, tall, with his chin up in the air and his eyes closed, "Don't you know that I'm a genin of the village hidden in the clouds? I am top of my class and I've been working on Iijutsu for longer than you've even been at academy little girl. I know seven jutsu for healing people and have an extensive knowledge of the basic anatomy needed to perform field dressings." He scoffed at her, his blue eyes looking over the girl, Hanako, before he crossed his arms, sniffing at her and tossing his bleach-white hair back in what he probably thought was a cool way but just elicited an eye roll from Chiaki herself.

"And I don't have time for regular doctors nor little know-it-all girls that read medical journals or are here visiting their grandmas. I am here to be the greatest medical shinobi that ever was."

Chiaki wasn't impressed. Her stance, her face, her sigh, even the tapping of her finger on her arm screamed it. So this was the 'actual' genin they had sent for her to train. What a nightmare. She looked to Hanako and wondered what the girl would say to the new-found bully. Would she accept him as her rival, or would she know that she was better than him by virtue that she was kind-hearted and wanted to help save people.

Chiaki only had known Hanako for a scant hour and a half, and already had a pretty good bead on the girl. She knew that her grandmother, wherever she was staying, would like to hear how her grandaughter stood up for herself. Chiaki would let Hanako take care of the verbal thrashing, but would step in if necessary.
Last edited by Kanade on Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~My characters~~

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:42 pm

Hanako, rather than Haruka, looked blankly at the other genin. Her mind was occupied by other things she was more excited about so after the boy had his say about his extensive knowledge and skill and his attempt at putting Hanako down, the girl blinked when she realized the talking about uninteresting subjects stopped. ”Okay.” She responded bluntly and without any kind of fear or hostility. She looked at the ladies staffing the desk As she looked about she realized that the boy, Chiaki, and the staff were all looking at here, and suddenly felt very self conscious since she realized she hadn’t been paying attention.

”Are they mad at me? Why is everyone staring at me? Should I just pretend I don’t notice them? ” She pressed a hand to cover her mouth as she looked around. ”I just realized I never asked for the doctor’s name, but its a bit late to introduce ourselves right? Maybe I can introduce her to Granny and thats when I’ll learn her name.”

Hanako turned to the desk staff again. ”Hello, can you tell me what room is Hanamura Ai in? That is my Granny.” she looked at the front desk staff with wide eyes and anticipation and hoped that they would quickly give her the answer. ”The doctor lady said she would take me, so please tell me now what room she is in, she is not in her old room anymore!”

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:04 pm

The nurses looked from one genin, to the other and when Hanako asked about her grandmother they looked between each other and then back to Hanako.

The boy genin stomped his foot and opened his mouth to make another demand of Chiaki and the other nurses. Chiaki waved a hand towards the double doors that she had just come through, "Two lefts down the hallways and then one right, and you'll come to a set of double doors, when you go through those you'll see a door on the left, that's where Chiaki is."

The genin gave a small, but discourteous bow to Chiaki.

It was a lie, it was where the other staff were taking their break, but Chiaki had quite enough of the genin. As they stormed through the double doors, Chiaki turned back to the nurse station as the older male nurse turned back to Hanako, scratching his dark red scruff on his neck and sighing, "Your grandmother was checked out of the hospital three days ago-" He started, and then hesitated, "She isn't in any of our rooms, but I am sure that your parents can tell you where your grandmother is interred."

Interred.

Interred inferred death.

So her grandmother had met the same fate as Chiaki's mother. Chiaki's own pain spilled out from her as she controlled her face. Her own mother having been dead for almost a half-year now, she placed a placating hand on Hanako's shoulder, "Let me take you home hun." She said in a soft voice, "I am sure that your grandmother would be proud to have you introduce yourself as a medical Kunoichi."

The nurses opened their mouths, about to contradict Chiaki, but found when Chiaki's head snapped up, her glare held death in it. Luckily, the expression was hidden from the shorter Kunoichi by virtue of Chiaki being behind Hanako. She would allow Hanako space, or allow Chiaki to be led to her parents, or her grandmother's grave. Really she just wanted to soothe the small girl's pain. The denial stage was one of the hardest to deal with, especially for young people.
~~My characters~~

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:11 pm

Hanako nodded. That made sense, she supposed. Granny never lies, and she had said that she was going far away, to a place that Hanako wouldn’t be able to go for a long time. One might expect a teen to see such deception, but Hanako was not someone who could. Not this lie at least. There were none alive in Kumogakure that knew the tragedy that had created Hanako the Kunoichi. In a small town called Hanamura she had living relatives still that had heard the tale’s start, even if they were ignorant of that which had happened here in the Village hidden in the clouds. Hanako didn’t weep, but then she also didn’t understand that which had been said. She couldn’t understand, not because she didn’t want to, but because in a strange way the delicate girl was broken, and was not capable of it.

Maybe one day she would be healed of this wound and be given sight to see the fate of her grandmother, but as she looked at the staff with innocent eyes it was clear that it was not today. Somewhere Hanako remembered watching her parents burn alive, while she was too little to help, too unskilled and lacking in knowledge, but this part was drowned out be so many thoughts. There couldn’t be hurt if the bad thoughts were just drowned out, and so the thoughts multiplied and increased. There wasn’t enough room in her head, so these thoughts were pushed out as thoughts tended to be with her. Hanako ended up speaking as to what she had seen that night, though it was clear she was not aware that she was retelling the horrific night.

Despite the dark words that had escaped her lips not even a moment before, he demeanor had changed little from the innocent and happy girl she had been. Hanak placed her own hand on Chiaki’s hand. ”It is getting late after all, you really think Granny would like it if I learned Medical Ninjutsu?” She giggled girlishly and seemed like many times younger than her present age, but despite all that - underneath the lies that she had told herself, the lies that she showed the world, Hanako wore a suit of mesh armor beneath her beautiful Kimono. She had sharpened bladed shuriken holstered on her thigh, within easy reach of her hand. On her hip was a pouch full of deadly kunai and meters of wire that could choke, strangle, or bind an enemy. Her soft skin hid taut and lean muscle. Beneath the broken child there was a soldier, and perhaps with Chiaki’s help - she could be more than just another body destined to lie in the dying sun friendless and sightless upon a battlefield.

All of this could be see in but a glance at the girl, who for today was just a girl excited to show her new teacher to her house that she shared with Granny.

/thread

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”