Helluva Morning

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

Helluva Morning

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:52 pm

Brilliant, gorgeous... a little dreary from the cloud coverage but there were always clouds in some form or another. To him though, those soft rays of light that peeked through the clouds made it all the more spectacular. He preferred, on these days, to eat early and enjoy a walk around the village. Her carried a soft looking parasol to shield himself from any potential rain or direct sunlight. Around his neck, he wore his newly acquired headband, the symbol of the shinobi directly on it. There was pride in his chest about it and he couldn't even begin to deny that it made him feel special. As he walked, he talked to a few people who passed by, some of the other shinobi who graduated with him, as he discussed what he'd like to do with his newfound purpose.

It would be roughly an hour before he arrived back home, his feet planting softly in the doorway before he opened it and would take off his footwear, stowing his parasol away for now as he looked around and blinked in curiosity. Sitting across from his mother and father was someone new to him. He had to assume a shinobi or someone important as what he realized as they noticed him was that the conversation they had been having had died down all of a sudden. "Greetings... is... all well?" His voice was shy... calm but definitely a little nervous at the new person here and the situation that was unfolding.
Hitoke, Ibuku - Genin - Konohagakure No Sato - #00A5DB
Ogata Amiya - B Rank - Iwagakure No Sato - slategrey

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Helluva Morning

Post by Kanade » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:29 pm

Doctor Tsukari made his way slowly through the streets. He was a well known man with grizzled black hair and a well-trimmed beard. His electric blue eyes studied everything, looking at the fuuin that most people took for granted, which he did not. He was making sure that everything was still in working order as he made his slow way purposefully to the house of Karai, Kesshin. He was expecting to find the little genin home, but to his surprise he wasn't. When he had knocked at the door, three methodic taps, he introduced himself to the mother of the chosen child to have the Genma sealed inside of him and made his way politely through the house after storing his own footwear in the guest bin, and retrieving a set of house-slippers.

The man had been offered tea and was discussing what a treat this was, to be invited into her home with such a warm welcome, with the woman when they both heard the front door open and the genin in question walked through the landing and into the room where they were both seated. "Karai, Kesshin, third in your class at the Academy, adept in Raiton and Jikiton and promising new Genin." He said in a raspy and deep baritone as he motioned to the seat beside the child's mother, "Please, sit down, and we'll begin the formal introductions, fill out some paperwork, and then you will be accompanying me, should you see fit to do your country a great service." He stared, the electric blue eyes tinted with something sharp, amusement? Irritation? The doctor kept it ambiguous and waited for the child to be seated before unrolling a scroll and asking both the parent and the child, "Do you know why I am here?"

He was fairly well known for his ability to use fuuinjutsu for just about everything, and he did everything from maintaining seals on the electricity grid, to maintaining seals on the Genma. He was actually recruited to seal the damned spirit into an urn, waiting for its new host. They only had ten days to find a host before the seal would break and all hell would break loose trying to capture the damned thing again. He would wait, however, for them to decide why he was here. He did have that much time afforded to him. This was the child that the Raikage had chosen, after all, best to wade in slowly.
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

FluffyGinja

Helluva Morning

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:44 pm

Kesshin seemed confused when he saw their guest, going to take a seat when he was asked to. His navy blue outfit ruffled as he was seated and he tilted his head briefly at the question that was asked while the scroll was being unfurled. It would take a painful amount of seconds before Kesshin finally answered him, his piercing green eyes showing curiosity, concern and... excitement? "I'm... sure you are Tsukari-sama, which is... confusing to me at this moment why you are here..." He seemed to pause occasionally as if thinking his words over to his own detriment. His hands moved in slight gestures while he spoke, habitually so. "I... can only guess why you would be here at all. I can only imagine that, since I'm not very adept at Fuuinjutsu, it is something a little more important to the village as a whole." He spoke softly as he was going to look down to the scroll.

His mother, a soft spoken woman to being with, said something that Kesshin didn't catch as he was focusing on the scroll in front of him. However, it was a question directed towards Doctor Tsukari, asking him if it was about the Genma, seeing as she knew he did dabble in such things and that she hadn't heard any news from the hosts in some time.

Kanade

Helluva Morning

Post by Kanade » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:17 pm

The man seemed to be less irritated by the recognition of the young shinobi as to who he was, and what he did. He looked over the scroll and nodded, "You have quite the glowing review from lord Raikage-sama, and I am here to offer you a chance to become a Jinchuuriki." He let his words sink in for a few seconds as he readjusted the scroll and then continued, "You are adept in Raiton and Jikiton. For someone of your age, that is promising, that and your tenacity and strength of will were the reasons that you were chosen from among your peers."

He nodded to the woman who was the mother of the child chosen by the Raikage, "The hosts have been quiet lately, and one of them just had the seal burst." He sighed, "It's what we call the 'hell genma' He leveled a look at the child, "And we don't offer this lightly. You should know the consequences of saying yes to this before you just willy-nilly jump into it. Spirits of this level eat people, sometimes whole. Keeping one inside of yourself is a terrible thing, and comes with a high price. But for that price, you're able to have a companion even when you're the most alone, able to do things that normal shinobi only dream of." He continued, his electric-blue eyes studying for any hesitation, any quiver or eye twitch that would disqualify the child from being a host.

Seeing none he continued, "So I am here to ask you if you would do the service of sealing this Genma inside your body." He bowed his head, placing his hands on his knees and waiting for the child to answer. His mother's response was of no consequence. Once a shinobi received their headband they were an adult in the village's eyes, a warrior, a soldier to be used for the benefit of the village. They ceased to be a child of the parent anymore, and were a tool for the Raikage's use.
~~My characters~~
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389

FluffyGinja

Helluva Morning

Post by FluffyGinja » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:08 am

The gravity of the situation wasn't lost on him, his eyes looking down at the scroll in front of him, even if it was just the back of it. There were a million thoughts running through his head as he almost seemed to stare into the middle distance. 'Hell Genma, does... that mean I'll become a devil? The hosts always have been praised... what will I have to do? Another... thing with me... what will that be like... but the village needs me...? What... do I do... it it goes on a rampage...' His mind wandered wildly before he cleared his throat and went to give a firm nod.

"I understand the risk... and I'm willing to take of said risk for myself." His voice had a slight waver for a second but he seemed to reach up and quietly grip his headband as if to affirm himself. "My parents have served this village in their way, let me serve in my own." He bowed his head in soft respect to the gruff man that was glaring at him, awaiting the answer.

Kanade

Helluva Morning

Post by Kanade » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:25 pm

Doctor Tsukari raised his head and gave a sigh of relief, scratching the back of his head with his hand, "I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear you say that." He actually broke out in a nervous laugh, "To be completely honest, I don't think that there would have been time to find another Jinchuuriki if you hadn't accepted." He nodded twice and then dipped his head to the mother of the chosen genin, "Thank you very much for allowing your son to be an invaluable asset to the village."

He got up, took the tea, downed it in two gulps, pulled on his long jacket over both arms, tugging at it to right himself in it, then brushed off both sleeves and buttoned up the top rather methodically, giving the genin enough time to say his farewells to his mother, "I should have him back in about 2-6 hours, depending on how many I have to assist me. I haven't failed in a transplantation yet, so there's no need to worry about the process." He said, still looking at the ends of his sleeves, tugging them so that they were flush with the under-shirt that he wore.

He leveled his electric blue eyes on both of them and nodded, "I'll be waiting outside."

He left the house and found it to be starting a little sprinkle. He didn't enjoy the rain. Doctor Tsukari took out a fuuinjutsu tag, stuck it to the wall and pulled out an umbrella as the design melded with the wall and opened it. Then thought once more, that child had a parilsol, but not an umbrella. He grumbled something to himself before sticking another seal to the wall and pulling out another umbrella. As the youth would come out, he would thrust it upon him.

"Walk with me." It was a command, not a request. He stepped off the landing, the umbrella snapping up and into place with a rather sharp crack, like thunder.

"I didn't want to tell your mother back there, but the Jinchuuriki are falling like flies these days, so it'll be more dangerous than I had let on." He reached into his inner pocket of his jacket, finding the seal there he retrieved his pipe, already loaded with tobacco and snapped his fingers, lighting it with a bit of Raiton jutsu before taking a long drag of the tobacco and letting it out in a pleasant sigh, "Never smoke kid, it's a nasty habit. One of the kunoichi here told me that she won't do a transplant if I need one for my lungs if I am going to ruin them on purpose." He chuckled, "Not that I haven't had that transplant done at least twice already." He raised an eyebrow to the child, "Tell me a bit about yourself while we walk."

---

They would head to the usual place where the sealing was to be done, a large fuuinjutsu seal already on the floor, and four other practitioners, all hooded to hide their identity stood at the points of the circle.
~~My characters~~

FluffyGinja

Helluva Morning

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:27 am

There was a lot going through Kesshin's mind. The whole thought of being a host to a beast that had felled so many people before him was making him a little jittery in his heart. He looked towards his mother for a moment and gave a soft respectful bow to her before speaking briefly with her. There was a clear nervousness between them both before he'd go to exit the home after Doctor Tsukari. There was the sharp crack of the umbrella that caught his attention as he had hardly noticed the rain, taking it as he walked alongside Tsukari, remaining quiet for the time being. It was strange... There was casualness mixed with seriousness that Kesshin couldn't quite pin down and he was finding it difficult to attain his footing at the moment but when he was asked to talk about himself... he paused. It was strange to think that... he had spoken of himself plenty before but suddenly wasn't sure what to even say for the briefest of moments.

Clearing his throat, he spoke at length about himself. It wasn't a life story so much as it was... what he had done so far. Becoming a shinobi, starting the application of Jikiton, his likes, his dislikes, and a few of the smaller bits about himself that were less known. His favorite color, his favorite food... one of the times that he managed to one-up a teacher that he was particularly proud of it. It was a nice distraction that led him all the way to suddenly standing on the edge of a fuuinjutsu seal... and the realization that... he was already here.

Kanade

Helluva Morning

Post by Kanade » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:24 pm

“Stand in the middle of the circle and we’ll begin the sealing of the subject into the host.” The doctor stated, starting to use the third person to distance himself from the child. He had seen this go bad too many times, the wrinkles in his face were accentuated as he turned towards the young shinobi in the low light.

“Take off your shirt, host.” The doctor commanded as he donned the robes, hiding his face and walking to the edge of the circle with the rest of the deep-hooded figures, their bodies were dancing in the flamelight, but they were standing still, almost too still. There wasn’t a difference in height, nor build, they just stood, all facing the inner circle, all waiting for their subject to disrobe from the waist up and stand within the circle.

They all stood stock still, the five practitioners, the urn in the center of the seal, in one smaller set of fuuin symbols in the shape of a 6 pointed star around it, and the spot where Kesshin was supposed to stand rather obvious by another smaller set of fuuin symbols in the shape of a circle.
~~My characters~~

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”