[Group Training] The power to control power

Akihiko & Damon train Denjiton Jutsu in the Ishiguro Tower

Davak

Post by Davak » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:08 pm

The Kekkei Genkai of the Ishiguro clan was widely considered one of the most treasured assets among the Lightning country's sacred bloodlines.

The power of a clan was the power of its bloodline, and the Ishiguro possessed a power unseen on the continent.

The ability to essentially nullify what could be considered the essence of life, stop the flow of energy, natural or controlled. The Ishiguro canceled chakra.

Their power lay in stopping all other power.

A people as old as the mountain on which their mighty tower now stood.

Tapestries hung in the various floors and gangways of the structure told stories of how their forefathers used their secrets technique as some of the first among men to fight the spirits that once ruled their world.

A proud, modest, and loyal people that had sworn their servitude to the Empire, and the Kages before it.

Damons sought out power as long as he could remember, after the death of his father, after the death of his mother, after the death of his extended family, after the death of his comrades.

He always believed the more power he would amass, the further he would remove himself from the fates that befell all those he had loved in the past.

As a student, it wasn't until he realized the potential of the Ishiguro bloodline in himself that he first understood, really understood power. To know he could control the power of others.

As a Genin, it was this very unique ability that often allowed his team to emerge victorious in otherwise unfavorable situations.

Yet Damon struggled against the blood in his veins, the abilities it gifted him.

He despised the Ishiguro, he despised how their blind loyalty killed his father, he despised how their strict codes and ethics drove his mother into madness, he despised that they let her leave the village, and he hated that their power didn't save her during that fateful night in the mountains.

It had taken more death and more sorrow for him to make a return to this despicable place, these despicable people. He smiled at their kindness, he thanked their well wishes, he ate the food, drank their beverages, slept in the bed provided to him by them.

He kept up the charade of familial bonds because, and this was more important than anything else, it would grant him power.

Today was one of those days where this yearning would be quenched, even if only partially.

He had been pleading to be aided in expanding his pool of techniques and was told to come to one of the in-house training courts to be assigned a partner that had already mastered the five basic techniques that made up the fundament of all the more advanced Denjiton ninjutsu techniques. Damon currently knew two and was keen to extend his arsenal.

The Chunin was dressed rather traditionally today. He donned no mask and no hood, only his ninja headband strapped to his forehead. A bland dark grey long-sleeved kimono wrapped around his frame, his typical hakama pants pulled up to his belly.

He stood in a large marble hall, layered with tatami mats in the middle, some training dummies, relevant equipment, and a weapons rack adorned the walls and at the back was a collection of cushions to meditate on after a hard day's training.

His palms were sweaty, and he was annoyed about his own nervousness. He was practicing the hand signs for the “~Dampen” technique; he had tried it a few times out on missions but hadn't yet successfully pulled it off. It wasn't that he didn't have the right amount of control; it was that the jutsu felt foreign in its execution compared to the techniques he currently mastered.

He ran it over and over, letting slight bright orange hues of chakra sizzle across his arms but never fully expanding the jutsu as he waited for his training partner.

Texas

Post by Texas » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:02 pm

A letter? Not just any letter, a letter with an Ishiguro Symbol on it? How painful. Akihiko wasn't the biggest fan of his clan, nor were the elders big fan of his. They weren't appreciative of the way he died his hair, presented himself, acted, didn't study their techniques.... actually as a whole they really didn't like him. Especially since his brother Yoh was the Pinnacle of what an Ishiguro ninja should be. So to get this letter was rather surprising to the young chuunin.

The child broke the seal and opened up the letter. It detailed that he would participate in training with another chuunin. Although the child loathed Ishiguro training, he was excited to meet another ninja his age and from his village. It had seemed that mission wise and adventure wise, he hadn't paid his own village much attention. Even when he did, it seemed to be mostly women. Sometines a boy just has to play trains with another boy.. right?

Once the chuunin read the leader, he giggled a little bit before placing it down on the kitchen counter. The child hung out until it was time to meet at the training center and weaved a couple hand signs as he left his place. Once the jutsu activated, Akihiko disappeared from visual existence, entering into the 1st layer of the Limbo Realm. With his stealth training, he silently ran down the to the training center where he saw a young silver haired shinobi channeling his chakra.

Akihiko would get close to the boy silently so he couldn't hear and weave his hand signs again. Once close enough, the child would snap his fingers in a loud way next to Damon. In what would be a second, the pink haired rascal appeared out of nowhere! He would make a comment while facing his training partner on his right side, "Wow, you are much bigger than I imagined!" Regardless of his reaction, Aki would laugh a little bit and simply introduce himself. "HAha sorry about that, my name is Akihiko. And you are?"

Words toward training: 347
Characters
NameVillageRank
Hatake, TenzinKonohagakure no SatoBannin - [color=#BF0000]Text Color[/color]
Ishiguro, AkihikoKumogakure no SatoChuunin - [color=#FF4080]Text Color[/color]
Kisama, GinjiroHeart EmpireNatsubushi - [color=#80BF80]Text Color[/color]
MurasakiIwagakure no SatoGenin - [color=#FF8040]Text Color[/color]
Test Thread

Davak

Post by Davak » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:35 pm

Why does it seem so unnatural to let it flow like this… It can't be that much different from "Cancel"…

I wonder if it's the technique or if it's just a mental blocker…

Maybe I should just…

A loud snap rang in his right ear. A hand?

Muscle tensed, his heart raced, instincts took over.

He spun around while his legs pushed him off and away from whatever it was that startled him. Even before his leap ended and he touched the ground, he saw the source of the ambush.

A boy?

Pink hair, a two-part robe with red fists, and combat sandals.

He landed in a defensive stance, facing sideways, knees bent, sweat formed on his brow, he was panting and obviously visibly startled. His mind was racing.

It wasn't speed, this wasn't like that time with the girl on the bridge. His guard had been down, sure, but there's no way he would let someone without an advanced technique get the slip on him like this.

Akihiko…? Never heard the name.

He snapped, "How did you do that?"

Damon was frustrated, and his tone of voice suggested it.

Taking a moment to gather himself, he exited his stance and wiped the sweat off his brow.

He was mad that this kid had gotten the drop on him so easily. How weak must he be to fall prey to a weirdo like that?

He scanned the newcomer again, more fiercely, he was the first person he'd ever come across with such a strange color of hair, and although he had to be an Ishiguro, he wasn't wearing a bead.

This had to be the training partner that was assigned to him. There was no point in lashing out, it wouldn't make him stronger in the least. If anything, he'd need to understand what this kid was about if he had any hope of growing stronger than him.

He sighed heavily and gave his fellow Ishiguro a slight bow. His hand raised, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment, and an awkward smile stretched across his face.

"Hehehe, my bad… you sure startled me there… I'm Ishiguro, Damon. I grew up in the Northern Regions. I only recently returned to the capital. It's nice to meet you, Akihiko."

He had no choice but to play this out, make a charade of it, and hope to understand more about the pink-haired enigma.

Texas

Post by Texas » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:20 pm

Aki giggled a bit about startling this boy that had gone through puberty to be the size of a man. Seriously, at this rate Aki will stay a Short King forever. The boy sized up his fellow clan member as he went into a full on defensive mode, down to a light tense up, to then relaxing knowing the situation. It was common for people not to know Aki to be instantly annoyed with him. Actually, now that he thought about it, even the people he has extensive relationships get annoyed with him. However, they know him enough to be annoyed but also be friends with him...

As that mental rabbit hole continued, it took a brief moment for Aki to shake his pink haired head and come back to reality. Within milliseconds, within the confines of his conscious Ryeunso spoke to Aki, beginning with a laugh echoing his mind. [color=#blue]"Great job boy, now lets set up a trap for him to trip over!"[/color] Aki glared, over at his silver haired clan member potential new friend. "Ah so you are Damon! I figured we were set up together. Yeah I am part of the Ishiguro Clan too, although I don't think they like me that much." Aki would follow that sentence by using his left hand to point to the color of his hair. Aki purposely ignored the first command from Damon, he didn't even want to address the technique he used. The young boy attempted to move past it. The child looked at the man's body and then at the training dummy that was made entirely out of wood. "Hmm Denjiton is a little difficult in my experience. It is chakra that negates chakra, so focusing it has to be different than normal techniques. Usually a technique like Raiton is free flowing with additional nature added to it. However with Denjiton, you almost want your chakra to flow against each other, together, like two faucets releasing water on opposite ends of a tube. It kind of is a pain haha." The child would shift the hand to rest on the back of his head.

He would stare at Damon's Ivory eyes. "What do you think, should we just practice some Clan jutsu together?"

[Words]: 378
Total: 725
Used: 600 for Stat
Left Over 125 Words
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Davak

Post by Davak » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:01 pm

There was something curiously naive yet strikingly serious about this kid, but Damon couldn't grasp it. He was rebellious and mischievous enough to openly disregard a staple within the Ishiguro clan tradition, considering the color of his hair and his lack of wearing any of the beaded braids. However, the strange boy wasn't foolish; he had purposefully ignored Damon's inquiry about the nature of his ability, and it was quite clear he understood the intricacies of Denjiton manipulation better than Damon did himself.

Tss... What is it with this guy?

For a moment, the gray-haired boy's gaze pierced that of his clansman; it was one last attempt to figure out what it was that threw him off about the pink-haired shinobi. Was it a test? Was he some sort of spy? How did his jutsu work? Why did the clan tolerate his blatant behavior?

At last, the larger of the two boys sighed as his shoulders dropped, before chuckling a bit. "I like it... the hair, I mean... the color, that is."

What? I meant it like... ugh.

Another sigh escaped his lungs, but his shoulders couldn't possibly drop further.

He thought it would have been best to say something, anything, to keep their interaction flowing, but now felt he had been far too informal with the stranger.

The gray-haired chunin let his hand wander to the back of his head, repeatedly running his fingers through his frivolous, unkempt hair, as he often did when trying to control his anxiety.

"Haha, I'd appreciate that, actually... see, I am sure I have the necessary control to form the chakra, but I just can't seem to release it properly."

Why am I being so honest with him?

Trying his best to wash over the awkwardness he had caused before, he immediately went on to slowly form a series of hand signs as orange-hued sparks of chakra began running up and down his body, a living conductor of Denjiton.

"Let me show you, throw a jutsu my way. I'll try and cancel it!" he sternly urged his training partner.

Whatever this was going to be, he had already determined he would walk out of the interaction better at controlling his kekkei genkai. He needed to. It was necessary. The power of his bloodline was the one thing he treasured about being born to these people, no matter how much he'd come to disregard the Ishiguro as a clan.

Part of the power he sought was here; he just needed to tap into it.

Texas

Post by Texas » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 am

Aki looked at the gray haired boy that was close to, if not, his age. It was slightly peculiar that he was part of the same clan as him... I mean he was just so much more developed. Make Aki could learn how to grow taller just by being around this guy.

The pink hair bobbed with his head as he nodded to his predicament regarding Denjiton. Although Aki could talk circles about how to do denjiton.... it was true that he wasn't that great with it. In fact, it was one of the things that the Clan elders didn't like about him. Instead of training Denjiton techniques, he was training his Genma techniques and control instead. In Aki's opinion, that training was far more important, especially considering the supplemental value that it would add to his arsenal. However at this point, the boy knew it was time to train offensive and defensive jutsu that were more upfront than supplemental which is why he requested for training.

This was a grand opportunity. His newfound friend just asked him to hurl jutsu at him! Perfect time to train offensive ninjutsu. The last couple of weeks the boy had been studying on different Raiton techniques and even wanted to try a couple himself. Once Damon made this request, Aki nodded his head and smiled. "Careful what you wish for!" With those words and pure excitement on his face, the delinquent jumped backwards a began weaving hand signs. Maybe if Aki put the comrade in a position where he had to perform... it could allow him to really dig deep and will a technique together.

What was an excited and happy smile from Aki, probably didn't seem like that to Damon. Aki had... almost too much excitement as he was weaving hand signs in the air. It could almost look devious to an outsider's perspective. When the final seal collided Aki would point at Damon with two fingers almost like a gun. A bolt of lighting would surge from his fingers and launch towards Damon. With a devilish smile on his face of pure excitement and a new found friend whom he could train with, the pink haired problem child could not be more excited.
Jutsu LearnedShow

Launched at 30 speed, but with 5 strength

*Raiton • Bright Bolt
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will extend two fingers toward a target. A bolt of lightning will jump up to 10 meters from their fingers at [Control] Speed and Strength.

Words: 373
Total Words: 1,098
1 Jutsu so Far: -400
Last edited by Texas on Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Return to “Kumogakure no Sato”