[Closed] Caffeine is the best Ice-breaker

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Post by Kanade » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:06 am

Chiaki had set out in the early morning from the shrine, the one where she lived, worked, trained, and most recently, really really hated to be because it was too stuffy and she felt scrutinized every day.

Sure, the priests and priestesses there were her family, in more ways than one, but her mother moved away from the temple, and she knew now that it was for very good reason. She had put on light make-up which was frowned upon by the priests, had left her staff at the temple, which was expressly unrecommended by the head priestess, and had put on her 'street clothes' which consisted of a short brown jacket that came down to her midriff over a striped black and teal blouse button up blouse, tucked into a knee-high skirt, held around her navel-level with a corded belt.

Her wardrobe was her own, she reminded herself while pulling her stockings back up after hiking into the city. The expanse of Kumogakure loomed above her and she grinned flashing her forehead protector to the gate-guards before heading into the city proper. The city was massive, and made of stone. She could feel the roots of the mountains in every block as she passed through the streets and the sun turned the stone to a blazing yellow display.

Weaving in and out of the streets, she looked at her hand-drawn map once more. It was a souvenir of the last time that she was here, and she was on a mission. Well, more like a social call, but who knew where it went. She was supposed to meet someone named Nakajuma Eiko for some morning liquid stimulation. She was thinking that since she was going against the strict no caffeine rule which was instated by the head-priestess of the Kyoukan, she would go with the most caffeinated drink there was in the Chahitsu House of Tea.

Chiaki bounded up the steps of another street, straightening her hair for the umpteenth time and checking herself in one of the windows turned mirror in the morning light. Her red hair was in a partial up-do, her forelocks braided back to fall with the rest of her hair and held by bobby-pins. Not a hair out of place. Eyes which looked golden in the morning sunlight looked back at her, the right eye still a lighter color than the left, the thin hairline scar a reminder of her past.

She stopped her hand from reflexively fixing her hair to bring it down to hide the scar and discolored eye. It wasn't blind, but had been a reminder of-

A man smelling strongly of cologne and sweat pushed past her with a grunt. His hands and attire denoted an ore miner. He glared at her and continued on, silencing the protest that almost came out of her mouth.

She pulled on the bottom of her jacket to straighten it again, clutched the paper in her left hand tighter and made her way to the entrance of the Chahitsu House of Tea. Chiaki looked around, hoping to find someone either as lost as her, or looking for someone else before going into the shop. Perhaps she would get lucky and the person she was meeting would be outside waiting or looking for her.
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Thu May 05, 2022 7:44 am

It was still fairly early in the day and yet Eiko had been awake for some time, having awoken early to get in some training as she knew she had been slacking as of late and had come to realize her own shortcomings. Some hours had passed and with her training having finished, she was now relaxing at the Chahitsu House of Tea, waiting for someone whom she was supposed to meet, a member of the Kyoukan by the name of Chiaki. Granted she wasn't entirely certain of just why she had been the one assigned to this but she had never been one to turn down a direct request and always relished an opportunity to make new friends.

Currently she was sat at a table just outside the building, a slightly steamy romance novel in hand and a teacup on the table by her side. Engrossed in her book as she was, her teacup had gone largely untouched and she was barely cognizant of the world around her. That said however she was still an experienced shinobi and had learned to keep some awareness, finally looking up at the sound of footsteps approaching.

The woman in question appeared to be around her own age and was quite pretty, though looked quite unusual for a Kyoukan. It was honestly quite intriguing...

Nonetheless it seemed Chiaki hadn't seemed to have noticed her yet. "Hey, over here!" she called out with a smile, setting her book aside as she did. Once the woman got close she held out a hand for a quick shake, softly smiling all the while. "I'm Nakajima Eiko. It's a pleasure to meet you."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Post by Kanade » Thu May 05, 2022 5:45 pm

Chiaki looked at the woman, approximately her age and decided to hop over the low fence separating the two of them to make an introduction. A small smile escaped her lips as she bowed to the Jounin and introduced herself, "Kyoukan Chiaki, I was told to meet a Nakajima Eiko-Sama here. I am assuming you're her-cha?" She clumsily took the Jounin's hand and shook it, her own strength completely outmatched by the Jounin's. She could tell just by the musculature, and by her firm grip and inexorable force that she put into the handshake that this was indeed someone that wasn't just a normal citizen.
image of current outfitShow
[link=outfit][/link]
Not that Chiaki herself was any sort of brute. She had the normal build of a woman her age. Sure, she had trained to be a chuunin, but in her studies she had let her physical prowess go in favor of her jutsu and Chakra control. She stepped back and bowed again, "I ah, I should have let you finish before speaking I am sorry Nakajima-Sama-sama." She bowed her head again in respect. The woman was two ranks above her and she knew that she would need to show proper deference to the other ninja should she wish to have a good conversation with the woman.

"I ah, I've never been here, do they take the orders outside here or do I have to go in to order tea-cha?" She let her language tick slip into the last question as she looked in and brushed the hair that was in front of her right eye out of the way, revealing the scar that she had hidden not too long ago while walking up to the tea-house.

She looked back at the other woman and smiled again. She didn't really want to start this off poorly, but she was acting like a country bumpkin. The last time that she had lived in the city was at least 8 to 9 years ago, and there was so much that had changed since she had lived in the city proper. The market district was further away from this coffee shop than she wanted to wander, and she only went to market when the temple was running low on supplies that they needed that they could not procure from there.

She fidgeted with her bag and continued to try to be on her best behavior, crossing her arm over her midriff, hoping that she wasn't making a complete fool of herself. She also hoped that she didn't smell, or come off as offensive in any way, even though she had trekked the long hike here to meet with the Jounin.

In the back of her mind she wondered, What should I even say to a Jounin like this, and why was I requested to meet her?"
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Return to “Chahitsu House of Tea”