To Drown One's Sorrows

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:07 am

For the fourteenth time that night, Ren wished she hadn't worn the low cut. Men looking was something she could deal with. Their disappointed looks at her lack of cleavage were nothing short of torture. The mini-skirt was more succesful, but the negative qualities in her shirt apparently overruled it.

So far for her attempt to get a boyfriend - or even a flirt. Plan B would be in order: get hammered. She got the attention of Oban and ordered one of the alcoholic teas. I'm going to regret this in the morning... she briefly thought, but it would probably be worth it.
[Chuunin • Kumogakure no Sato • Miyuke RenPoints Achieved: 38]

[Special Jounin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shoshiki "Nana" HotanaPoints Achieved: 19]

[Missing-ninFukumitsu HidekiPoints Achieved: 4]

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:22 am

Kei walked in to the building slowly. This was his favorite establishment in all of Kumogakure. Tea was one of the only beverages that Kei enjoyed. He approached Oban and ordered a cup of an herbal tea. As he waited for the drink, he sat quietly, with his eyes shut. When he received his cup, he paid the old lady and walked to to a table in the room.

He sat quietly, slowly drinking his tea. Besides in his special spot in the mountains, this place was the only area where Kei felt at peace. However, tonight there seemed to be a few more alcoholic drinkers than normal. The noises in the room did not phase Kei at all, though. He continued to sip on his tea with his eyes shut, keeping to himself.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:43 am

A few alcoholic drinks later, Ren was starting to buzz. She gained more confidence, too... Instead of waiting to be approached, she started looking around herself. After a few not-so-attractive guys, her eyes fell onto the back of a boy's head. She couldn't quite see his face, but he was fairly tall and looked well-built. His brown hair was also quite well done.

She'd have to examine his face. Ren walked (read: stumbled) over to him and walked around so that she was in front of him. Once there, she begun examining his facial features intensely and obviously.

[Special Jounin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shoshiki "Nana" HotanaPoints Achieved: 19]

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:56 am

Kei had been oblivious to the girl who had made her way around to him. He heard the stumbling of her feet, but on top of the noises of the room, it was indistinguishable from anyone else's footfalls. He had continued to drink his tea quietly. As he drank the last sip, he opened his eyes to see someone staring back at him.

This sight startled Kei. He jumped backwards a bit, in his sitting position, and almost dropped the cup he had been drinking from. He blinked a few times and returned her gaze, still being startled, but he did no speak. He could not figure out why she was looking at him.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:45 am

"You're cute." Fortunately, she could still speak without slurring. That didn't mean she would say smart things, but at least she was audible... "I like your hair." She kept on attempting to make eye contact, so that she could smile at him. She heard it was a good, yet subtle way to show somebody you like them. And subtlety was just what she'd need. She didn't want to give it away, not quite yet.

...Wait, did I give it away when I said he was cute? It was a rather tricky question for Ren in her drunken state.

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:18 am

Kei was still a little shocked at how this girl was standing in front of him, looking at him so intensely. Normally, he did not interact with anyone when he came for his cup of tea. Kei truly did no know how to respond. She spoke, saying that he was cute and that she liked his hair. He looked up, at his own bangs he could barely see, then looked back to her.

"Uhhh... Thank you?" He thought for a moment. Why would she like his hair? Kei never did anything with it, and he never cared about it. "It just grows like that..." He was not sure, but there was a good chance he was blushing. No one ever complimented how he looks, and usually just passed him by, seeing as how he never talked.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:16 am

"Oooooh... So it'll still look that in the morning, flirty wink?"

No, no! You flirtingly wink at him, you don't actually say it! Ren didn't correct herself, she just giggled at her own sillyness. In the back of her mind, a brief window of soberness opened up to inform her that this wasn't the best way to get a boyfriend - rather, it was a good way to get other forms of male-female interaction. That thought, however, was quickly forgotten to make room for thoughts about what she would say next.

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:30 am

Although it was a mistake in her speech, Kei was not aware of that. He thought for a second, and then replied. "Yes, it will, but it is Kei... Not Flirty Wink..." He pondered about what that meant, being called a flirtatious eye motion... Nothing could come to mind. Maybe it was some kind of humour Kei was not aware of.

Quickly shrugging it off, he sat for a moment before speaking again. "Goukana Kei, to be precise... What is your name?" He was still a little shocked at the fact that someone was conversing with him, but he was in a public building, after all. Not being as shocked as originally, he looked over the girl slightly. Her hair made her some what attractive to Kei, just because he loved the colour of flames. Of course, this 'somewhat' attractive was only focused on the hair. He thought she was cute in general.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:23 am

She let out a sigh of relief over his obliviousness. It absorbed her so that she didn't answer his question for a few seconds. "Oh, I'm Ren. Pleasure to meet you... Can I sit with you?"

Ask him if he wants to have -
NO! Don't ask him that, you'll seem desperate.
But I am...
You don't want him to know!

That was odd. She never had voices in her head when she was sober...

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:28 am

(OOC: I just need to say this... Lol)

Kei had begun to feel at ease, now that she was not just some person staring at him. "It is your right to sit where you want." Normally he only drank one cup of tea when he visited this place, yet this time, he motioned over for more tea. He set his cup down on the table, and waited for the extra tea to come. He never had company with him either, so things were different this time around.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:39 am

Ren sat down next to him, happily. OK, now be subtle. Pretend to stretch. She did, holding her arms up in an obviously fake stretch of her upper body. She then put her arm around his shoulder, equally subtly. "So, do you have a girlfriend?" she asked, praying that the answer would be no. Of course he would, though... Good guys were always taken.

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:19 am

Kei had started to pour himself a next cup of tea, from the kettle that Oban had brought to the table. All was fine until her arm suddenly fell on his shoulder. Shocked, he almost spilled his tea. He was quite nervous, although no wheres near as much so as when she asked her question. Kei had never been in this situation before.

He was sure his face was a bright as his crimson eyes when she asked that. He felt embarrassed, since he had never even dated in his life. He never talked to random people and kept to himself, and women usually waited for the guys to come up to them. "Uhhhh... No..." He was still very nervous, with her arm around him. He had no experience in the field of women.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:43 am

"Good! I was hoping you'd not be taken, so that I could do stuff to you and get away with it."
Bra-vo. Very smooth, Ren.
"I... I mean, only if you're OK with that. I don't mind talking either. Really."

She blushed as well now, although not as much as the boy next to her. Like a freaking tomato. It was kinda cute, though...

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:52 am

"Ummm... I would rather talk first..." Kei looked down at his cup as he raised it to his lips to take a sip. His mind went through a lot of thoughts while taking that one sip. She had obviously been drinking, which bothered him to some extent. "Maybe we can 'do stuff' when you are clear minded?" He could not believe he even had the courage to utter those words below his breath, let alone straight to her, yet somehow he managed to do so. Quickly, he drank another sip of his tea.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:59 am

"Okay, that sounds fun. So, how does tomorrow sound?" She was getting a lot less careful now that he had expressed interest. It was almost a done deal. Tomorrow, she'd finally have a boyfriend. Probably. If she were lucky. And still interested. It was funny how alcohol could make you say stuff you might not even mean the next morning.

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am

As he continued to sip his tea, he nodded back to her. Why was he agreeing to this? He preferred to be alone, with nature, not alone with a woman... Yet somehow, he did not mind it as his lips came out with the word, "Sure." He slowly finished the tea, setting down the cup. He was beginning to feel more at ease.

Something bothered him though. Here, while she was next to him, he did not mind it, yet tomorrow, will he just shrug it off and go back to how he was? Maybe she was just drunk, maybe she would not remember, but is that good enough of a reason to not show up? Kei pondered this as he looked at her and let off a little smile.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:56 pm

Almost as if she guessed his thoughts, she touched his shoulder and brought her mouth close to his ear. "My adress is 51 Bourgondy Street. You come over tonight, at about 8 PM. Alright?" It was quite exciting to be this daring... She liked it. I ought to drink more often.

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:57 pm

As she spoke into his ear, he began to get nervous again. An invitation? To her house? Kei knew what this meant. He was sure his smile grew a little, but probably not. He just got a little happier. Her address was already etched into his mind. "Well, I will try not to be late..."

He knew where the street was, and could no longer wait for 8pm to come around. No longer able to wait? That was not very Kei like. All he did was live for the moment, not the future nor the past. In just one visit to a place he frequented, Kei learned new sides of himself he thought never existed.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:35 am

"OK, I'll see you tomorrow then." With that, she got up and went to her house. She enjoyed every little thing on the streets, the calm sky and the soft cool wind. It was hard not to enjoy those things right now.

I got a date! I got a date! I got a date! ringed through her mind all the way. Once she got home, she wrote it down so that she wouldn't forget, laid down and fell asleep right away.

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:28 am

Kei was excited, yet horrified at how he thought he would not be able to be well suited for this. He continued to drink the tea that he had bought, about 3 more cups worth. He sat there, quiet, and with his eyes shut, just as before she had come into his life. Yet this time, his mind was not quiet, and he did not hear a thing that was going on in the building.

Eventually, after drinking all the tea, he brought the cup and kettle back up to the counter. This was not necessary, but he always did this. His mind had already sketched the time and place into a permanent slot. He could not wait. He made his way home, and quickly passed out, all while still thinking about what happened, and what may happen.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:32 am

***The next day, 7:30 PM***

When Ren awoke, she didn't remember the conversation. Then she saw the note. Have sex with boy at 8 PM. Met him at Chahitsu. At first, she was horrified to see it. Lose her virginity to a stranger? The thought alone disturbed her greatly.

Around noon, she had come to accept the idea, mostly out of a "now or never" thought that crossed her mind. If not now, then when? And with whom? And so, she began preparations. She didn't have birth control readily available, but a look at the calendar confirmed that she wasn't fertile today - her period should start in three days. The boy appeared to be a virgin as well, so no risk of infections. Is this my lucky day? she thought with a wry smile.

It was now just 30 more minutes, and she felt her heart beating faster. For the occasion, she had bought a very cute nightgown that she was currently wearing. Candles were scattered across the room, although not yet lit. She had considered getting some rose petals, but it seemed over the top, especially for a one-night stand.

...Will it really be for one night? She got so excited that she hardly even thought of long-term relationships. The boy was cute, after all... And she probably wouldn't want it just once. After it's done, Ren. We'll see how it goes then.

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:49 pm

Kei had awoken early that day, and had not slept well in during the night. Was it that he was anxious? Or was it that he was fearful? He could not tell. As any other day, he left the gates of Kumogakure, and headed for his special spot in the mountains right out of the town. His day was completely open, as usual.

He laid down in the grassy section of the slope, and looked up at the sky. It was already almost noon. Eight more hours... Until what? Until he found out that she was just drunk and would shut him out? Or until his first actual experience with a woman? He stuck his hand up in the air and flames poured out from it.

He always sat there and played with his fire, but today was different. After the flames were there, he put both of his hands behind his head. The flames slowly took a form. Although it would be hard to see to anyone who did not know her, the flames took on the physical appearance of Ren's face. He stared up at this image.

He remained like this for a while, before letting the flames evaporate. Late in the day, he would not have to just look at a flame image of her. Or so he hoped. His eyes slowly shut as he laid there, enjoying the nature around him. With his eyes shut, he slowly faded to sleep. He needed to catch up on the sleep he did not get during the night.

His dreams were about the only thing on his mind, what would be happening tonight. Unfortunately, his dream was a nightmare. In his dream, he had been late, she had not wanted him, and the entire village found out about it, making life very uncomfortable. When he woke up, his fears of the event being sour became true.

It was already quarter to 8. He was a ten minute run outside of town... He could not make it in time. He thought to himself, 'Well, there goes my chance.' Then, a few seconds later, he spoke aloud, to himself. "No, I can not say that!" He stood up and began to run towards the location she had given him. With his calculations, he would be about ten minutes late. In his mind, he kept saying, 'Please do not be angry...'

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:55 am

When her clock indicated 20, her heart almost skipped a beat. He would show up any moment now. Or so she hoped, anyway. Ren started lighting the candles, not so much to set a mood, but more to just have something to do. In two minutes, they were all lit (she may had gone a little overboard quantity-wise), and she sat back down on the bed, legs crossed and hands on her knees. A small sigh escaped her lips, but whether it was one of anticipation or annoyance even she did not know.

How can you be late for something like this? she wondered, but part of her did understand. If it wouldn't happen in her own house, she probably wouldn't have shown up in the first place.
...That thought was a new one. What if he didn't show up altogether? What if he just played a trick on her, or chickened out?
He has half an hour before I go get wasted again...

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:05 am

Kei had been running through the town frantically. He knew if he did not nap, he would not have been very energetic at this time, yet because he took a nap, he was late. A horrible conundrum. He kept running down the streets until he came to Bourgondy Street. He turned, and swiftly walked down the road looking for number 51.

His breath was still laboured as he stopped in front of what house was supposed to be hers. He held his hand up for a moment, ready to knock, but hesitated. What if this was not the right house? He could have remembered wrong, or she could have given it to him wrong... On purpose. Did that matter anymore though? He just ran here, and was not going to stop suddenly. His hand came down on the door 3 times.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:17 am

Once she heard the knocking on her door, she stormed off of her bed and into the hall. She opened it half-way, not wanting everyone on the streets to see her in clothing that revealed more than it covered. "Kei...? Oh, it is you! Please, do come on in!" She stepped back a little to let him enter her somewhat narrow hallway.

"It's not much, but for my age, I'd say I live pretty well. Most of my money went to the bed, really."

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:31 am

As she opened the door, a sigh of relief washed over him. He did not physically sigh, but every part of his fears washed away. He entered the building and looked around. "It is nice." He looked at her, and spoke again. "You look nice." He felt ashamed for saying something like this, and nothing more, but that was Kei. He did not talk much.

Now what? He was in her house. She was dressed for the occasion. So now what? He had no clue how to go about this. Should he make a move? Was a move necessary? It was obvious she did not change her mind when she lost the alcohol. Did she realize he was a virgin? "Uhhh... You do know... I've never done this kind of stuff before... right?"

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:36 am

She was relieved to have her suspicions confirmed. "Neither have I." She motioned for him to follow her. It was rather strange: she should be nervous, but she wasn't at all now that he was actually here. Upon entering the room, she stared at the candles for a moment, and they all seemed so needless suddenly. Well, too late to do anything about that now.

She sat on the bed and patted next to her invitingly, wanting him to come and sit down with her. "Are you nervous?" she asked. He was kinda showing the signs of it... With her spy, Ren had gotten a decent understanding of human psychology over the course of several missions.

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:43 am

When he heard the words come out of her mouth, he was shocked. She was a virgin, just as he? He followed her, wanting to say something, but not sure of what to say. As they entered the room, she sat down. He liked how there were candles everywhere. He always felt comfortable around flames. She asked if he was nervous, but his nervousness had washed away not long after his fears.

"No, not anymore... But I must ask, how are you still a virgin?" He looked at her as he walked up to, and sat on the bed next to her. Maybe he was just different than most of society, but to him, she was beautiful. Maybe it was just his fascination with flames, and the colour of her hair and the chosen colour of her glasses. He was not sure.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:08 am

"Plenty of reasons. I always had a bit of a problem approaching strangers... You know, when sober. And they wouldn't approach me, because, well..." she motioned at her chest, "I'm not exactly the ideal build for most people. I suppose the glasses might scare them off, too." She shook her head and shrugged, then began talking once more: "But hey, you're here, so I suppose I am appealing to some."

She smiled at him encouragingly now. "Thanks for doing this, though." Taking the initiative, she reached out and put her hand on his, moving it to her thigh. "Now don't be shy. I'm not gonna stop you from doing anything."

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:35 am

As she moved his hand onto her thigh, he spoke to her. "I think you look fine the way you are..." He leaned in and kissed he slightly on the lips. He could not believe he was here, doing this, but who would be a better person? She looked older than he was, but she was still a virgin. He was passed the age when people were still virgins...

He slid his hand up her thigh as he kissed her. He lifted his head away, just a tiny bit to say something. "No, you are perfect the way you are." He always sounded indecisive. Maybe saying something like that would help boost her confidence, and his along with it.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:27 am

She smiled at him, both amusedly and seductively. "Stop talking and kiss me." With that, she pushed him down onto her bed and straddled his waist, her lips crashing against his.

======================================================================

((OOC: Let's not go into too much detail at this point... Should we skip to afterwards?))

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:50 am

(OOC: Awww, come on >.<
Lol, I was wondering what we were doing about that >.> I completely agree)
[PS: [hr] makes a horizontal rule, or line, like the one down below, EE, just in case you wanted that instead of the ='s. Then again, maybe you knew that >.>]

He was breathing hard, and his heart was beating harder. Hey lay next to Ren, on her bed. He had never experienced anything like that before, and it was amazing. His eyes stared up at the ceiling. Was this ever going to happen again? Did this force them into a relationship? (actually, for Kei, it would not have been forced...) Or was this just a one night stand. She said so herself, she was a virgin, and no one seemed to pay attention to her.

Well, Kei paid attention to her, and she was no longer a virgin. He never loved anyone before, and always distanced himself from the people in the village, yet he was sure what he was feeling was some sort of love. Maybe because he lost his virginity, so maybe she would be the same, but is that really love? He kept looking straight up while he asked, "So... Is this all you wanted me for?"

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:16 am

((OOC: Actually, I didn't know that. Thanks.))

Ren's mind was still processing what her body just went through, and it took a while before she processed his question. It took her even longer to answer. "...I'm not sure. I like you, but I don't think it's love." She held his hand in hers and squeezed it comfortingly. "Doesn't mean it can't grow. I'm just not sure... I'm not even sure if I really want a relationship."

She bit her bottom lip, wondering if this was the right time to bring it up. She decided it was. "I'm definitely OK with repeating this sometime if you are, though. Even if we don't have a relationship, we can still... You know." I need to learn how to not blush.

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:25 am

He gently squeezed her hand back. He did not speak, but instead activated his Sakerugan quietly. The candles, which were now smaller than when he had first noticed them, flared a bit, before some of the flames came off of them. He closed his eyes as the flames formed the answer. They read, floating in the air above them, Whenever you want.

To Kei, this was a relationship. He had no relationships. Not even friends. He secluded himself from the human world, and enjoyed nature. The reason why he has any Iijutsu is not for his allies, but anything in nature that needs his help. Yet this time, he wanted to be a part of the human world, even if just for events like these. No, especially for events like these.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:38 am

"Kei?" His silence made her feel somewhat uneasy, made the moment seem awkward. Although reluctantly, she let her spy slip into his chakra system and read what his thoughts were. Afterwards, she destroyed it. He'd never know. "Kei... Even if we're not lovers, we're still friends. Perhaps even more than friends. You know that, right?"

He's Chuunin level. Who knows, we might become teammates, she thought, but quickly dismissed that idea as unlikely.

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:45 am

"I am fine with any relationship." He smiled as he spoke. The flames disappeared, and he opened his eyes. "Sorry, I was just thinking... Besides, I heard I am being put into a team tomorrow, so I do not know if I will have free time for us to meet..." Suddenly, after she said those words, he felt at ease. This bed he was on had turned into the patch of grass he laid on daily. He was glad. He was not sure he could come back to this place, always feeling uneasy afterwards... "I am glad we met."

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:53 am

"Mmmmh, me too. Anyway, it's getting late..." She briefly looked at her clock. 22:30. Ren, you are an amazing lover. "I'd offer you to spend the night here, but I'm getting assigned to a team as well tomorrow, and I'll need to get up early. With you here, I doubt there will be much sleeping." Oh yes, Ren would make sure he knew about her intentions to repeat this exercise.

She grabbed her glasses from the desk next to her bed and put them on. "Come, gather up your clothes. I'll help."

Deleted User

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by Deleted User » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:14 am

Again he smiled. It was not a bad idea, foregoing sleep for the night, but he understood why they both could not. He did as she said, and gathered his clothes. As he got dressed, he looked at her. He knew this would not be the last time he would gather his clothes from around her room.

"Well, maybe I can swing by tomorrow night, and we can talk about our new team assignments... Just without the talking." He smiled, and walked out into the hallway. He waved goodbye to her and left the building. He was walking with, what they referred to as a pep in his step. The night had gone over so well, it was perfect.

K9GM3

To Drown One's Sorrows

Post by K9GM3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:35 am

((OOC: Alright, I guess we're done. I'll go ahead and report this to the social RP thread.))

Return to “Chahitsu House of Tea”