Rengeki on break

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:56 pm

Rengeki's day had been hectic so far. Most of it was because of his parents. Ever since a certain incident they'd been overprotective of him. He couldn't bear to tell them to stop, they were just worried. Parents worry on a daily basis. He walked into the Chahitsu Tea House and took a seat in the corner. He relaxed a few minutes before ordering a cup of tea. He just leaned back in his seat and looked up at the ceiling. All in all he was looking for a bit of time to let his mind drift. Although, these moments were rare considering a certain person was always annoying him. His tea finally got to him in a few minutes or so and he kept drifting while sipping it from time to time.
Cleared

Heerosato

Rengeki on break

Post by Heerosato » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Lacus was out for a late night walk, when she became thirsty, so she went into the tea house. As she made her way in there Lacus looked around and seen one of her genin in the corner. So she made her way over to Rengeki and and sat next to him, as the waiter came by she ordered some tea. "Hello Rengeki its so nice to see you out today," Lacus said with a smile tilting her head slightly looking at Rengeki. Though her smile soon faded and seen that he was troubled by something. "Whats troubling you?" She asked tilting her head back straight, for she was worried for her student.

my charactersShow
[C-Rank Missing Nin • Kumogakure no SatoIshiguro, Akuen • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:4 D:0]
[Chuunin • Iwagakure no Sato • Minaka, Yukari • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]
Other ThingsShow
Compleated topics
inactiveShow
[Chuunin • Sunagakure no Sato • Nyuukou, YumeKurushimi Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]
[Chuunin • Kirigakure no Sato • Shinwa, TenkaSpirit of the Scorpio • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]
[Chuunin • Sunagakure no Sato • Souken, Ishuu • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:21 pm

He didn't really notice Lacus until she spoke to him. "Oh, Sensei. I'm just enjoying a break. It's a bit dark so I thought I'd drop by the tea house to get a drink before they closed. Nothing's really troubling me. It was just that my parents are getting overprotective, it's been like this since my brother died. It bothers me a bit but I'm okay with it. I just don't have the heart to tell them to leave me alone for a bit." He took another sip before looking around. It was quiet tonight, despite the place being crowded. A small smile showed on his face, maybe it was because of how quiet it was. His house was usually noisy, considering that his parents were not only being overprotective of him, but they were also trying to have another child. Perhaps that was troubling him more than he thought of it.
Cleared

Heerosato

Rengeki on break

Post by Heerosato » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:59 pm

Lacus sighed a little knowing that there was nothing seriously wrong with him. Though she was still a little troubled by how his parents view him, for this could effect how he views himself. For Lacus knows all to well how parents could effect there children for she had the scares to prove it. Though that was all unknown to Rengeki and she wants to keep it that way, children do not need to see the horrors of the world. This world needs to be less hurtful for them so everyone can live happily in peace. One day she hopes to show not only her team this but the whole world and help everyone to live in peace. Until then she will take it one steep at a time and begin to show her team this, even if it means at her own life.

"You know they should have more faith in you, for I see a great ninja when I look at you. Even if your brother did die, which is sad to hear I know that one day they will see the same. Even in this hateful world we live in one day thanks to the effort of the young we all will live in peace." Lacus said with a smile on her face as she looked at Rengeki, unknowing how he would feel about this. Though she knows one day he will see the truth and then the world will become better. As she did the waiter brought her tea, Lacus slowly drank her tea thinking about what happened in her past and how her mother effected her.

Since her mothers experiments Lacus can no longer have children, and that is why she became a medic. She wanted to help the world and relieve its pain and suffering. Though on the many missions she went on she seen a lot of hate and pain, even at time she had to kill. This always troubled her for Lacus hated to kill even when it was necessary. Though time goes on and soon she will find a way to end the pain even if it means to become a kage and show the other villages this. She looked back at Rengeki and said with a caring smile on her face, "How do you feel about all of it?"

my charactersShow
[C-Rank Missing Nin • Kumogakure no SatoIshiguro, Akuen • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:4 D:0]
Other ThingsShow
Compleated topics
inactiveShow
[Chuunin • Sunagakure no Sato • Nyuukou, YumeKurushimi Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]
[Chuunin • Kirigakure no Sato • Shinwa, TenkaSpirit of the Scorpio • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:23 pm

"I..." The boy was speechless. His hand took a sort of tremble to it, even as he raised the cup to his lips again to sip. He took his taste and put the cup down again. Since Renji's death, Rengeki had been a bit unstable about the thoughts and memories. Now that it was mentioned to his face from someone he hardly known, someone who apparently already knew about his past, he felt hurt. He held back the tears in his eyes. Few people had actually known that Renji Faron had a little brother who had just graduated from the academy when he died. But how did she know? And why did she just say it outright? The thought that she had faith in him, just seemed like a major waste of thought. There was nothing special about Rengeki besides his relation to a great ninja. Rengeki's inferiority complex was overreacting with his sudden instability. His breathing increased only a moment before it returned to normal and he calmed back down. He looked up at Lacus with hardly any trace of the tears that were about to fall a second ago. "Kamishiro-sensei," he said slowly "how did you know...about Renji's death?" Even saying it put strain on his voice, he tried hard to say it clearly without it sounding more high-pitched than usual. But he could feel the strain return even after he said it. Usually, he would change the subject right about now. But here was a lady who was barely in adulthood speaking about it as if she'd known Rengeki since he was a kid and that she was a partner of Renji or something.
Cleared

Heerosato

Rengeki on break

Post by Heerosato » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:55 pm

She seen that some of her words troubled the genin, so she got closer and wrapped one arm around him. For Lacus did not mean to hurt Rengeki though she would try and help the wound that she made. For she was not used to comforting people but she always helped anyone in need. Even if this went past her comfort zone, since she never liked getting close to someone. Though Lacus could tell something had to be done and did not know what to do. She looked at Rengeki, "Right after I became a jounin, your brother was still alive and many other jounin's talked about him. I talked to him once and he mentioned you, he was a very kind person and spoke highly of you. The next day I went to the academy, that is when seen you for the first time. Though I know that we are both right, and you made a fine ninja he would be very proud of you."

The waiter came by again and asked if they they needed anything Lacus said no, but put both of there orders on her tab. She could tell that this was a hard subject with him and that it will take time for him to get over it. Lacus thought though that wont stop her from helping him in any way that she can. For she wanted the little genin to live a happy life and not dwell on the past, but learn from it for a brighter future. At lest begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel for him, that Lacus and his brother seen.

my charactersShow
Other ThingsShow
Compleated topics
inactiveShow

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:15 pm

The tears didn't fall, but they held their place on the edge of his eyes. Rengeki listened to Lacus as she spoke. He couldn't believe what he'd heard though, his brother supported him a lot during his training and during the academy. But to actually mention his lowly little brother to his colleagues, it made Rengeki feel ashamed to think that badly of his own blood. Lacus's arm around him helped a bit to calm him, but it was obvious she wasn't that comfortable with it. He held his peace though, let her do as she intended. "My brother died not to long after I'd gotten my headband. I felt like I had senbon puncturing my heart straight through. It hurt so much to think of Renji as dead. He...just wouldn't die like that. So when I heard, sometime later, that his death was to save an ailing team member it helped to know that he'd done something noble in his last few moments. My brother wouldn't do something like that to be a hero, he would do it for the sake of his friend. I can never be that courageous or that strong." He was holding back far too much right now. He felt like his emotions were raging on the inside, and he could do nothing but hold them back. His own voice was cracking, and his sight was bleary from the built up tears. Damn it, I'm worthless. I can't be great! I can't be anything beyond a stupid weakling! What did Renji ever see in a stupid idiot like me?
Cleared

Heerosato

Rengeki on break

Post by Heerosato » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:08 pm

She seen the sadness in his face and the tears in his eyes. So she pulled him closer to her placing her hand on his head. "Its alright there is nothing to be ashamed of, for we all have a past all of us." Lacus with her free hand lowered her shirt a little this showed a little cleavage, she was ashamed of this a little but it had a point. "You see these scars my mother gave them to me for a short time I hated her for it, but that is in the past. We all have had hard times, but we all must move on. For we must not dwell on the past but remember it to learn for the future." Lacus smiled at him wanting to ease his pain so much, so with her hand that was on his head she lowered it a bit and wiped the tears from one of his eyes.

my charactersShow
Other ThingsShow
Compleated topics
inactiveShow

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:26 pm

Rengeki truly felt worse than he ever had, cursing himself over how weak he was compared to his brother. But when his teacher pulled him closer and put her hand on his head he blushed a little, he was showing how bad he felt in front of someone else. The idea of being that honest to somebody wasn't really an idea he was comfortable with. She only reminded him that he was being a whiner in a public place by doing that. "Its alright there is nothing to be ashamed of, for we all have a past all of us." That was true. Lacus pulled her shirt down a little from her chest, mentioning scars from her past. From her own mother. Rengeki looked at the scars, the idea that her parent gave them to her was abominable. He looked away, thinking of how bad his sensei's past must have been. The person who should've loved her the most, had done something so cruel to her, yet Rengeki had no clue just how much Lacus's mother had done. With the thought of the scars still fresh, he didn't want to know. Hating your own mother, that seemed more painful to Lacus herself than anything. "For we must not dwell on the past but remember it to learn for the future." She was right about that. As she wiped the tears from one of his eyes, he wiped the other and looked up at her smile. The look of her smiling after all that had happened to her only worked to show her maturity and emotional strength. Rengeki half-smiled back, admiring her strength. Even if he didn't know the whole story, he knew that she'd had a harder life than he would ever. Kamishiro-sensei, she's really...unbelievable. Rengeki thought. He looked back down at his own cup of tea. "Thank you, so much, Kamishiro-sensei." His eyes were closed, but he was actually hiding a smile. He couldn't believe how lucky he'd been to actually meet a strong, beautiful, woman like her. And have her be his teacher.
Cleared

Deleted User

Rengeki on break

Post by Deleted User » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:30 am

It had been a long day, and the real training started when the sun went down. Three lone figures walked the back road of the Yuurei compound, on their way to the Chahitsu House of Tea. A well deserved break after five hours of absolute torture, Hayate decided. Thanks to an unfortunate bet and what was turning out to be a seriously harsh night of poison-based melee free-for-all training, he was sporting a nasty bruise on his forearm. His wallet was much fatter for it though; there were cousins that came out much worse for the wear. Still, the very idea that he couldn’t hide the scar irritated him; Shina had refused to heal the bruise during their first break, leaving him very few options. He settled for a visit to the clan’s private doctor right after combat training, knowing she wouldn’t resist his big gold-brown eyes and a stream of compliments.
‘Older women take far too easily to compliments from children,’
he mused.
‘Especially when the child is articulate…not being ugly helps too.’
“Ha-kun? Auuw, you’re not paying attention to me!”
Hayate’s golden brown gaze met his sister’s intense blue eyes.
“Auuww,” he whined, teasing her slightly, “I’m always paying attention to you, Ren-neechan.”
Ren’s glossy black hair smacked him in the face as she flipped a few locks over her shoulder. “Then what did I just say, Ha-kun~? Or were you too taken in by my beautiful figure?”
Hayate grinned sweetly, fingering the summoning scroll on his hip.
‘I’m thirteen, you conceited bitch. I couldn’t give two shits about your figure.’

“You said that you wanted to take us to Chahitsu, because you haven’t been there in a very long time.”
Hayate felt a hand on his forearm, prompting him to peel his fingers off of his summoning scroll, and a deep voice spoke, taking a cautioning tone.
“Hayate-kun, peace. This is neither the time nor the place, and a real man would never strike a…girl…in the street, hm?”
Hayate looked up at his eldest brother, Mamoru, a mild expression on his face
“Easy on the arm, big brother. It’s your fault Shina wouldn’t heal me. You just couldn’t stop laughing, could you?”
Mamoru smiled darkly. “You appreciated that flying kick more than anyone else, and you know it. That silly little slip still hasn’t learned how to pick her fights.”
Ren giggled and clapped her hands happily. “Shina’s face got all puffy and ugly, it was so funny! Funny funny! She’s even more unpretty now!”
Ren twirled and struck a dramatic pose. “Mamo-nii, she’s not as sexy as me, isn’t it so?”
Mamoru ruffled her hair and slid the door open for her.
“You’re my sister, Ren. I can’t make that call.”
Ren merely made a rude face at him, and sauntered inside, swinging her hips, while Hayate and Mamoru shared an irritated look.
‘Slut.’
They sighed and went inside; Hayate, looking for a decent table, while Mamoru greeted the owner.
As Hayate looked around, his eyes fell on a couple sitting at a table in the far back…a couple, Hayate mused, that was all too familiar. Kamishiro-sensei and Faron-kun were deep in conversation, and he wasn’t in a hurry to disturb them…or introduce his family.
His breath caught in his throat suddenly, as Lacus pulled down her shirt, flashing a scarred bosom at Rengeki, who turned his already flushed face away from her.
‘Seriously? What the fuck. I should just leave, before’-
“Hey, Ha-kun, see something interesting?”
Hayate silently cursed, before taking a seat at the tall counter chairs. “No, it’s nothing.”
Mamoru slid easily into the seat on his other side, effectively sandwiching Hayate between his siblings.
“So, you don’t see that chick flashing that kid, hm? Ren, you see it?”

Ren nodded, giggling quietly. “My chest is much lovelier, haha.~ Don’t you think so, Mamo-nii? Ha-kun?”
Mamoru and Hayate both ignored her, Hayate massaging his temples for but a moment, then smiling politely at the waitress and signaling with Mamoru for ‘the usual’.
The waitress busied herself behind the counter as Mamoru turned back to the table in the back. He stared intently at the boy, as if trying to pull him from a long gone memory.
“Hayate.”
Hayate looked from his brother, to Rengeki, and back to the table.
“Faron Rengeki. Kamishiro Lacus.”
Mamoru said nothing, and turned away from the two in back, speaking rather loudly.
“Hayate! Isn’t that cutie over there your sensei?”

Heerosato

Rengeki on break

Post by Heerosato » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Lacus was still not showing much but was still very embarrassed about is so she quickly covered herself back up. Though she was happy that her words finally got through to Rengeki, so she stopped holding him and said. "Your welcome Rengeki I hope what I have told you will stay with you." Lacus then looked up wile taking a sip of her tea she seen Hayate had already walk into the tea house. She was even more embarrassed because she did not know how much he had seen. He was with some people and they were talking a little that is when she noticed a bruise on his forearm, but tried to happy and yet calm at the same time. "Oi Hayate come over here, sit with us!" She said rather loudly waving her arms in the air, hoping that he would come over and sit with them.

my charactersShow
Other ThingsShow
Compleated topics
inactiveShow

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:53 pm

He nodded politely as she said he was welcomed, and no doubt that a lesson like this would stay with him for a long time. He faced the table again, taking a small sigh and a sip from his own tea. He was starting to relax again, and his mood was beginning to pick back up. Then she started waving her arms and calling to someone who'd just entered. Rengeki looked over and knew who it was in a mere second. Hayate Yuurei! Rengeki quickly looked away, how much had he seen? What had he overheard? He tried not to think about it, but the thought of Hayate calling him a whiner who should just get over it drifted and stayed in his mind for a while, most people actually would say something like that. Somehow, it just seemed to him like the worst kind of embarrassment. Rengeki had broken down in public, and in front of his own sensei! He had no idea how long Hayate had been there, and could well have been watching from the beginning. Rengeki finished his cup of tea and looked down at the table, hoping his hair would cover his face so that Hayate wouldn't see him.
Cleared

Deleted User

Rengeki on break

Post by Deleted User » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:48 am

Hayate winced inwardly, then leaned back on his chair to smile and wave at Lacus.
‘Fuck.’
The three siblings immediately rose together and headed for the table in the back.

Mamoru patted him on the back, chuckling. “It’s only going to be as awkward as you make it. Now, be a good little man and introduce us, hm?”
Ren nodded in agreement., and beckoned to the girl behind the counter, gesturing for her to follow them with the tray of hot tea. Weaving in and out of the chairs, she beckoned to another waiter in a corner to push another table and more chairs next to Lacus and Ren’s table. The waiter looked skeptical, until Ren flipped her hair, smiled dangerously and flashed the clan symbol tattoed on her neck. The waiter nearly fell off his chair, and scrambled to shove an extra table and chairs to the back.
Hayate rolled his eyes, and thanked the waiter quietly, taking a seat in between his siblings; Ren sliding in next to Rengeki, Mamoru taking a seat next to Lacus.
“Good evening Kamishiro-sensei, Faron-kun. These are my elder siblings; Yuurei Ren, and Yuurei Mamoru. Onii-san, Onee-chan, this is Kamishiro Lacus, my sensei, and Faron Rengeki, my teammate.”
“It’s your pleasure to meet me, I know! I like you too!”

“Nice to meet you both.”
Mamoru watched the boy sitting next to Ren intently.
“Faron, hm?”

Heerosato

Rengeki on break

Post by Heerosato » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:21 am

As all of them made there way over she lowered her hands, then took a quick look at Rengeki. Though before she could say anything to him they were putting two table together, and sitting down. Rengeki looked somewhat embarrassed, but knew after they talk they just had he would be fine. They all introduced themselves so Lacus bowed her head and said, "Hello everyone as Hayate said I'm Lacus Kamishiro the jounin in charge of there team." She raised her head and then looked at Hayate again to see how his bruise was, though it was not to bad Lacus felt as if she had to help him. So she got up and walked over to Hayate, "You have been rough housing again haven't you?" Lacus said with a smile as she grabbed his bruised arm and used Shousen Jutsu healing it. Once she was done she slightly kissed his arm where the bruise used to be, "There all better." She said with a smile as Lacus made her way back to her seat
SpoilerShow
*Shousen Jutsu [Mystical Hand Technique]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Shousen Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique utilized by medical ninja. This technique allows the ninja to heal wounds by focusing their own chakra to their hands. If the ninja is highly skilled, they are able to heal more critical injuries. Highly skilled medical-Nins such as Tsunade can use their techniques to perform surgeries that otherwise would not be possible.

my charactersShow
Other ThingsShow
Compleated topics
inactiveShow

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:03 pm

This is going to end awkwardly. I'll bet everything on it. Rengeki thought as Ren slid in next to him. He was quiet for most of the things being said and even when Lacus healed Hayate's bruise. He hated being in front of others he didn't know, he hardly ever thought of anything good to say. It was lucky for him that he wasn't going to have to say anything. The older boy, Mamoru if he remembered, said something. It was hardly a sentence, but he said it as if the name Faron meant something to him. Rengeki slowly raised his head and swept some of his hair away from his eyes. "Y-yes sir..." Rengeki took a nervous look up at Ren, then at Hayate. He felt very nervous at what Mamoru might say.
Cleared

Deleted User

Rengeki on break

Post by Deleted User » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:54 am

Hayate thanked Lacus quietly, smiling and forcing a blush onto his face to hide his disdain.
'What the fuck did that mean, 'rough housing again'? This bitch doesn't know anything about me!'
As soon as Lacus returned to her seat, Hayate did the same, feeling a slight nudge under the table from his sister.
"Rough housing, Ha-kun? How many times, hmm? Have you been getting into fights, you bad boy~? Lotsa bruises?"
'Surely you haven't been foolish enough to let someone find out. What does she know?'

Hayate rubbed his arm before answering slowly.
"No, Onee-san; I got the bruise when Bokuta-chan threw my wok out the kitchen window. It was still hot, and it would have killed the fish in Yu Lee-chan's koi pond."

'She doesn't know. I let Yu Lee heal me, and no one else.'

Mamoru chuckled at Rengeki's response. "So timid! Take it easy, no need to look so shaken up, right? Look at me, I wouldn't hurt a fly."
Hayate scoffed and made room for the waitress to place the cups of hot tea. "This from the Oinin who is nicknamed 'The Devil Hand' by his foes, and turned down a nomination to the Kumogakure no Sato Sky Guards. Perfectly harmless."
Mamoru narrowed his eyes and promptly snatched Hayate into a headlock, ruffling his short black hair with no mercy. Hayate yelped in surprise, while Mamoru laughed jovially.
"Haha, you should know your place, Hayate! You're only the little prince at home, you know!"
"Let me go, anii-san! Leggo!"
Pretending not to hear him, Mamoru winked at Lacus, and spoke in a light, easy tone.
"So...how often does Hayate come to you broken and bruised? I can see why he would; nothing nicer than having a lovely young thing like yourself patch my aching wounds."

"Quit hitting on Kamishiro-sensei, aniisan! And let me go!"

Heerosato

Rengeki on break

Post by Heerosato » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:02 am

Lacus sat back down in her seat and seen that Hayate was talking to one of his siblings. "What you two talking about?" She asked with a smile on her face, but then noticed that one of them was hitting on her. She hatted to be hit on, for Lacus had no will to be with a male at any point in her life. "You know that you can hit on me all you want but you will never have me." As then she looked at Hayate and winked her eye, for this was just for fun and it meant nothing.

my charactersShow
Other ThingsShow
Compleated topics
inactiveShow

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:14 am

Rengeki couldn't hold back a slight snicker at the two siblings fooling around. Mamoru's pick-up line at Lacus was a bit cheesy in Rengeki's opinion. Hayate getting teased was one of the funniest things Rengeki had seen for a long time. He laid back in his seat and sipped his tea slowly, taking things easy was more fun than fighting especially in a time like this. The girl, Ren, seemed to enjoy teasing her brother about as much as Mamoru did. Rengeki wouldn't do anything of the sort, but he did enjoy watching it.
Cleared

Deleted User

Rengeki on break

Post by Deleted User » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Mamoru pouted, and nodded his head, discretely loosening his hold on Hayate.
"Aww, Kamishiro-san...that's too bad."
'Hayate wasn't kidding...this woman is a little creepy...'

"She wouldn't want you anyway, Mamo-nii. It's always about you, even you're you're so...plain-looking."
Ren sipped daintily at her tea, smiling to herself.
'Bitch.'
'Conceited bitch.'

Hayate wormed out of his brother's hold, patting down his hair while sipping at his tea.
He looked curiously at Rengeki, and cocked his head to the side.
"Something funny, Faron-kun?"
'Honestly. This sibling charade gets so old sometimes.'
'Why the hell haven't we been called back yet?'

Mamoru's eyes widened, then narrowed. He addressed Rengeki in a guarded tone, his voice dangerously quiet.
"Your brother...he was Faron Renji...?"
Both Hayate and Ren glanced at their brother before returning to their teacups. They knew exactly what that tone meant...

Heerosato

Rengeki on break

Post by Heerosato » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Lacus giggled a little to Hayate's sibling response, for little did they know that she lacked any sexual desire. So she sat there and sipped her tea wile watching the others converse, she finished her last cup. Then she got up and payed all there tabs, "Its all on me, and I better get going I have some business to take care of." Lacus said as she bowed and made her way out of the tea house, and then made her way home.

my charactersShow
Other ThingsShow
Compleated topics
inactiveShow

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:41 pm

"Good night, Kamishiro-sensei." Rengeki bowed his head politely and took a gulp of his tea, finishing it off. It was right when he put it down that it caught in his throat, Mamoru Yuurei was the reason for that. "Your brother...he was Faron Renji...?" The question felt like a stab in the back, yet it landed closer to his heart than anything. He quickly gulped before lowering his eyes. I can't start talking about it here. Especially not now. Tadashi, where are you? Please, wake up! There was no response, the other voice was further than Rengeki's mind could reach. The boy stared at the table, suddenly drowning in the anguish and mentally struggling to keep himself from falling apart again.

"Ma'am, could I get some more tea please?" He asked a passing waitress, she filled his cup up before going around again. Rengeki quickly composed a smile, this act was practiced daily so it was almost flawless. "Hey Hayate-senpai, what's the deal with the "little prince" that Mamoru-sama just called you?" Changing the subject was hard when there was nothing to talk about, but now Rengeki had already forgotten Mamoru questioning about his brother. It seemed more like Rengeki was trying to suppress the memory now, and yet, it was his nervous eyes that would still give him away. His light blue eyes, whose pupils couldn't seem to stay still in his wave of nervousness. It also seemed that his over-sized long-sleeved shirt wasn't on his side either, the right side of his collar seemed to be exposing the tip of the large scar on his right shoulder. The same scar that the late Renji Faron had tended to a few years ago. The square-cut emerald encrusted necklace that laid on his chest seemed to burn at this moment. It was a struggle not to rip the thing off.
Cleared

Deleted User

Rengeki on break

Post by Deleted User » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 am

The three siblings were quiet and expressionless through Rengeki's little...episode.
It was difficult to flawlessly smile and act happy when you'd just stared at the table, drowning in anguish.
'That's kinda creepy.'
'This kid is that badly fucked in the head from one death?'
'Did he just call me senpai?'

Ren downed the rest of her tea and nearly dove over the table to sit beside Rengeki and cuddle him into her rather generous bosom. She patted the back of his head, her big blue eyes tearing as she whispered sweet nothings.
"Waaaah, Rengeki-kuuuuun! Don't try to change the subject! It's okay to cry! Ren-chan is here to comfort you with her lovely b-"
Mamoru cleared his throat loudly, effectively cutting her off. "Mou, pedo-neechan, he's just a kid. Let him go, would you?"
Hayate sipped contently at his tea, then answered Rengeki calmly, ignoring the fact that his teammate was not in a position to have heard him very well.
"You can call me Hayate-kun, Faron-kun. I'd actually prefer it.
As for that, it's just a silly nickname my mother used to call me when I was a baby. Mamoru finds it funny."

Mamoru downed his tea, and looked down at the quiet little boy. Since when had his little brother been able to lie so smoothly? He really had been gone too long.
He kept an easygoing smile on his face, to hide the pride...and a twinge of frustration.
He figured Rengeki would have had enough of Ren's...comforting, and he gently tugged her away from him by the hair to sit in her own seat. Ren pouted at the loss of her new toy, but was immediately silenced by Mamoru's silently threatening grin.
"I'll drop it for now, Faron-kun, but I hope you can come to trust me enough to tell me later."

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:55 am

Rengeki was easily silenced by Ren. Her hug embarrassed him greatly, his face turned a very bright red. Whatever tears that might have followed his episode seemed go away only because of this sudden act of sympathy. It's not that he was perverted or anything, he'd just never exactly had something like this happen to him. Her words made him feel like a little kid again, which really didn't help his current condition. He could barely make out what Hayate had said, but managed to at least catch the "call me Hayate-kun" part. Whatever Mamoru had just said was completely blocked out.

Pervert. Where the heck were you?! Pervert. I'm not a pervert! Pervert. Hey! And then the voice went silent, despite Rengeki's major fluster. He could swear there was still a slight snicker coming from the back of his mind though.

After Ren was finally pulled off him by Mamoru, Rengeki made a silent thank you to the older man and comically seemed to be in a daze, leaning back in his seat and having a wide-eyed blank look. He covered this in less than a few seconds and hoped that none of them had noticed. His red face returned to its regular color and he bowed his head at Mamoru. "G-Gomenasai.... Renji Faron...was my older brother. You were right about that Mamoru-sama. It's the fact that when I was still in the academy, Renji used to be the only one who helped me train. Even with his busy schedule he'd always find someway to train me, whether it was leaving a shadow clone who had been told what to do to help me, or missing a mission. He'd helped me train with my senbon and poison, and even my Ninjutsu. When he died after I'd graduated from the academy I felt like a shattered mirror." Rengeki looked away, at the door that led out of the Tea House. For a moment he considered making a break for it. Just running away from telling about it. Then again, he just rambled on like an old geezer. Hayate would just make fun of that. Ren seemed more sympathetic, but apparently a bit more on the seductive-sympathy side. To Rengeki, Mamoru seemed hard to figure out. He'd addressed Renji's name with a tone that had instilled a bit of fear in the boy earlier, he probably didn't want to hear about why Renji's death seemed to hurt so much. He also seemed like a guy to take care of his family, perhaps a kind man with a defensive persona?
Cleared

Deleted User

Rengeki on break

Post by Deleted User » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:09 pm

Mamoru palmed his chin, staring intently at Rengeki.
"I really can respect you, Rengeki-kun. You look like you're handling your business; even with him gone, you're still going to do it, to become a shinobi? I was an academy teacher for a while, not a lot of Iwa's kids have that kind of strength anymore. Good for you."
Ren patted the boy on the shoulder encouragingly. "
Hayate glanced at Mamoru indignantly, before beckoning to a nearby server. 'Oh, yeah, sure, aside from every child with the surname Yuurei...'
"Chai, straight."
The server nodded, and skipped off.
Ren was still pouting slightly when she suddenly hissed in pain. Her hand flew to her neck, covering her clan symbol.
Not wanting to draw too much attention, she laughed and played it off.
"Teehehehe! Auh, mosquitoes! They scar my beautiful skin, nasty things~"

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Mamoru's words and Ren's hand settled him with ease. Rengeki sighed, he wasn't sure what would be going on. He'd thought about the wound, the necklace, and the memories. The Yuurei siblings felt supportive and kind. He was all too thankful for it. No tears were shed, nor did they build in his eyes any longer. "Thank you, Mamoru-sama, Ren-sama."

You're not crying. Feeling better already? Yes. Geez, you're not saying much. You're suddenly all quiet now. Rengeki decided not to answer again. He felt a bit more relieved now.

When Ren hissed Rengeki whipped around. She was holding her neck, and with a hiss like that maybe her neck was hurting or she probably just had a crick and she turned her head the wrong way. "Teehehehe! Auh, mosquitoes! They scar my beautiful skin, nasty things~" That explained it, but with it being a bit dark now Rengeki couldn't even see the mosquito that might have bitten her. Guess she managed to kill it. If mosquito's are in here then it'll be annoying. Rengeki let it slide, not giving it much though. Who would? Not like the place hadn't had bug problems before, and plus with all the sugar some people like to put in their tea, and how humid the night was, of course a few flies or mosquito's would fly in.
Cleared

Deleted User

Rengeki on break

Post by Deleted User » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:43 pm

Hayate's head was lowered in deep thought, his eyes shadowed as he steepled his fingers.
He couldn't understand why his siblings were trying to endear themselves to Rengeki.
It was obvious that the boy didn't like him; he'd have no reason to hang around the Yuurei compound with them, so why...?
He looked up at his big brother, and tried to imagine what it would be like if Mamoru died unexpectedly.
"Oi, Hayate. What are you doing?"
"Penny for your thoughts, Ha-chan~?"
"It's nothing, Aniisan, Oneechan."
replied Hayate softly. Suddenly, a searing pain shot across the back of his neck, spiraling out from the middle. Unlike his sister, Hayate remained calm; his only indication being a quick scratch to the back of his neck.
Wanting to change the topic, he smoothly asked Rengeki,
"So, what do you think of our team so far? About Tristan, and Kamishiro-sensei?"

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:13 am

"Are you both okay? Hayate-kun? Ren-sama?" He was actually starting to get a bit worried at them. First Ren said a mosquito even though she'd hissed. He thought she was just afraid of them or that it'd already gotten a lot of blood by the time Ren had noticed it. Hayate wouldn't scream out of fear, or at least fear of a little insect, or the other reason. Maybe these two are just magnets for mosquito's or something.

"I'm not sure. She seems to be a bit spunky, but she's pretty cool to be around. Kamishiro-sensei is really nice. Not really cruel or kunai-crazy as I thought most jounin would be. What about you? What do you think of them?" Rengeki ordered a bit more tea and took a sip of it right when he got it. Things really seemed to be okay right now, more relaxed. The boy couldn't help but enjoy the peaceful times.
Cleared

Deleted User

Rengeki on break

Post by Deleted User » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:33 am

"I think Kamishiro-sensei is...well-intentioned. Unorthodox, but well-intentioned. And Kasumo-chan is...interesting."
Ren's eyes widened as the mark on her neck started to burn again. She kept a sweet smile on her face, and kicked at Mamoru under the table, who by now had felt a similar burning from the clan tattoo on his ankle. Hayate gasped and grabbed at the back of his neck, clenching his teeth in pain. He coughed, and downed a piping hot cup of tea, hoping that the tea's burning would distract him.
Mamoru chuckled to himself. He had long since gotten used to the rather harsh "Yuurei no jutsu" the clan tutors used to call children back for their lessons. The longer they all stayed outside the clan territory, the longer the pain would last. The farther they were, the harsher the pain.
He shuddered, remembering how he had once had to retrieve one of his younger siblings because he'd passed out from the pain of being at the other end of the village when summoned.
"Mou, Hayate, Ren, you guys ready? It's getting pretty late."
Mamoru stood, and offered Ren a hand, helping her to her feet.
"Rengeki-kun, we should be going along, Chahitsu will close soon. Will you come with us?"

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:40 pm

Both Ren and Hayate were acting weird, and who kicked under the table? Rengeki was a bit weirded out when Hayate just gulped down his tea like that, it's not something you want to do when the stuff is burning fresh. Mamoru obviously found it funny. What's...going on here?

It wasn't much of a surprise when they suddenly got up. Their strange act was beginning to make him wonder. He was surprised though when Ren asked him to tag along. "Uh...y-yeah. I guess so." The genin stood up and followed the other three. If Chahitsu is closing I might as well, right? I'm still curious, are Ren and Hayate okay? You say it like you're expectin' them to go nuts and attack you. Tadashi, you know I don't think they're cruel like that. I just want to know what was up with what happened in the Tea House. Just let it go. Keep thinking on it and you'll probably be getting in too deep. Too deep? Heck, for all you know it could be a family illness or something, and they'll be keeling over before the moon rises. The voice snickered at that. You're still talking like Hayate is a disease or something, and now you're saying it's his whole family. Dreams do come true, kiddo! Tadashi, you're an idiot.
Cleared

Deleted User

Rengeki on break

Post by Deleted User » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:42 am

The four shinobi quietly got up and left the empty restaurant, Mamoru leading the group down the dusty dirt road. Ren happily chattered on an on, trying to make Rengeki feel more at ease, while Hayate put his two cents in every once in a while.
Hayate went silent, and walked ahead to keep pace with Mamoru, quietly murmuring,
"I know we shouldn't...but we'll be late if we don't."
Mamoru raised an eyebrow and looked back at Rengeki.
"There's a fifty-fifty chance I'll scramble his neurons; he isn't Yuurei..."
Hayate shrugged and looked up at the night sky.
"True. Let's just be late, then."
Mamoru sighed. Sometimes, he wished his little brother wasn't so jaded and blunt...but, the boy had a point. If they took him along with that technique...being thrust into the powerful seal-based genjutsu hovering over the compound would stun him, at best; but being late to night training was far more dangerous.
Mamoru calmly and quietly bit his thumb. His canine tooth pierced the skin, and a rivlet of blood dribbled down his finger as he formed a string of handseals. He stopped dead in his tracks, and turned to face Ren and Hayate.
"Rengeki-kun, I know you barely know us, but would you mind holding still? Outsiders don't get far on the compound without a permission seal..."
Ren knew that Mamoru was not the most welcoming figure at the moment; his fingertips smudged with blood and hands starting to glow with his chakra.
"Rengeki-kun, you don't have to come if you don't want to; it's just a formality, darling. If you're uncomfortable, or you have to get home, you can go."
She hugged him gently, half-hoping he'd come along.
Having a stranger walking the compound during night training was dangerous, and the three of them would likely be given the night off to entertain their guest, and distract him from seeing things he or she was not mean to see. Ren couldn't help but look forward to the first night off she'd had in years.

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:40 pm

Rengeki shuddered a little when Mamoru turned to him, but he quickly re-composed himself yet again and stood still. He still had to admit that "Outsiders don't get far on the compound without a permission seal" put a few fearful mental images in his head. Man-up will ya, scaredy-cat? Well, Tadashi didn't seem to be helping boost his confidence.

He nearly blushed when Ren hugged him, but for once managed to hold it back. "I'd be glad to come along, I don't really have a curfew so it doesn't matter how late I am."

Nice knowing ya! Tadashi's sarcasm seemed to get worse and worse with each passing moment.
Cleared

Deleted User

Rengeki on break

Post by Deleted User » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:13 pm

Hayate grinned as he and Ren simultaneously began forming a long string of handseals faster than the trained eye could follow.
"Awfully brave of you, Faron-kun. Good to have you along."
"Just trust Mamo-nii, he'll take care of everything. See you there~!"

The siblings shared a quick smile before holding one last handseal and disappearing in a burst of energy.
Mamoru chuckled. "Showoffs." He then roughly pressed and held his bloody thumb to Rengeki's forehead, muttering in a strange, guttural chant. The spot on Rengeki's forehead started to glow green as it morphed into a winding spiral, the symbol of the Yuurei clan.
Mamoru knelt to Rengeki's eye level, eyes glowing bright.
"Faron Rengeki...you're about to have your molecules diffused into the atmosphere, and reformed miles away..."
His voice was still gravelly and deep, their very bodies shuddering before they "exploded".

Zero

Rengeki on break

Post by Zero » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:45 pm

A shiver ran through him as Ren and Hayate disappeared. What the-? T-Tadashi...they just...!! This has gotta be a joke! Rengeki, don't lower your guard! What the hell is it that they just did? T-this isn't a fight Tadashi. I'm not going to fight or anything. But even Rengeki was a bit afraid of what just happened, and that fear showed no real signs of stopping. Even as Mamoru put the blood on his forehead and knelt down, Rengeki recovered and stopped moving as instructed. It was only now as Mamoru knelt down did he realize how much taller the man was compared to him.

His eyes...seemed to glow in a way that creeped the young genin out. More so than usual. He still didn't move. Not through the entire thing, he was trusting the older man not to do anything cruel or painful. Was his trust put in the wrong place? No, it couldn't be. They wouldn't do anything of the sort. "Faron Rengeki...you're about to have your molecules diffused into the atmosphere, and reformed miles away..." That was the last thing the genin heard. The feeling of his molecules "exploding" just didn't register too well. He couldn't understand whether it was pain he felt, or freedom. Whatever it was, he'd be losing his mind and probably unconscious where he ended up.
Cleared

Return to “Chahitsu House of Tea”