Getting to Know You

KiKage

Getting to Know You

Post by KiKage » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:49 pm

After three of the four members of the team that would be known as Team Mangu-su had met, the time for them to relax and get to know each other on a more personal level rolled around. As usual, Kumogakure no Sato was embraced by a layer of soft clouds, through with the setting sun peeked. The village was cool and peaceful, its people settling down for the evening. As the day faded into twilight, the Chahitsu Teahouse turned on its signature lanterns.

Masuyo Akimi walked along the dim path towards the Teahouse, accompanied by a new teammate: Ikimono Baako. The woman's indigo hair was complemented by the purples and oranges scattered throughout the sky, giving her beautiful tresses a stunning glow. Her gait was dignified and proud, giving her an aura of confidence. And then she opened her mouth... Oh, how her voice ruined her appearance.

Squeaky as always, the kunoichi heaved a sigh and looked to her feline teammate. "Rai-san is quite a handful, hm?" Her hands drifted to her temples, rubbing in small circles to alleviate a headache that the man had brought on for her. She then smiled and shot a sideways glance to Baako. "You seem much more interested in Douteki Soku, though, Baako-san. May I ask why?" The two passed through the screen doors, past the warm, flickering lanterns, and into Chahitsu.
[Special Jounin • Kumogakure no Sato • Masuyo AkimiPoints Achieved: 17] [Genin • Konohagakure no Sato • Takara SayuriPoints Achieved: 18]

Bluggles

Getting to Know You

Post by Bluggles » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 pm

Baako loved it at night. she could see everything while others have to use lights. She stayed quiet as she walked with Akimi. Than the silence was broken by her high pitch voice. She nodded as she commented on the biggest flirt of all time, but when she brought up her brother Baako just blushed and smiled, when they entered the tea hut. um what do i say, should i just blurt out what i think of him. Or keep it to myself. For all i know she might want him as well.hmm i keep my suspicons on the D.L. "Oh, ummm just cause" Baako smiled still blushing.
[chuninKumoBaako Ikimono • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]Points achieved: 24

Toshi

Getting to Know You

Post by Toshi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:17 pm

"One of your finest cups o' tea please. Heavy on the sugar, light on the time it takes for it to reach my table." The long haired man at the bar said, slapping the counter with his open palm and making his way towards an empty booth after ordering.

Usually Soku wasn't that openly rude to anyone who didn't blatantly deserve it, like the guy at a party that wouldn't get the hint that the girl wasn't interested in him or the woman who thought she had the right to wave her bitch stick at anyone she wanted to. But tonight was different. Tonight he wanted to be alone, but the only place around the dump of a village he lived in that served decent Tea was jam packed full of obnoxious and noisy villagers. Some of them drunk, some of them wanting to score, even some with kids that continued to scream their heads off about something or another. But loud was loud, no matter where it came from.

With a grunt Soku planted his rump onto a rather comfortable booth, one that could easily sit four or five people but he had a feeling no one was going to sit next to a man dressed in torn, black jeans, a dark jacket, and a pair of sunglasses. The razor sharp toothpick and matching steel canine tooth didn’t help his “charm” level either.
CharacterShow
Former Hokage • Konoha • Nara Tousha

KiKage

Getting to Know You

Post by KiKage » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:40 pm

The kunoichi chuckled at Baako's rather girlish, immature answer to her question, shaking her head in friendly exasperation. 'She seems like such a kid.'

"I'll have a plain cup of tea, no cream or sugar, with a cinnamon roll, please," Akimi asked softly, frustrated with the noise dominating Chahitsu. She remained at the counter, waiting for Baako to order, and scanned the teahouse. 'Quite the classy bunch here today, I see.' She scoffed, disgusted by what she considered the "lower creme" of Kumogakure. Even though she wasn't nearly as snooty as her rich parents, she was still raised in a comfortable, wealthy, and even sheltered environment, and she had a tendency to look down her nose at anything "unprofessional."

Something caught her eye during her glance around the chaotic restaurant. 'That's irony at it's best.' Sitting at a booth was the man that had just been the center of conversation. Akimi giggled and gestured towards the booth with her head. "Look who's here, Baako-chan!" she teased. "It's your dearest Soku-kun." She sing-songed the man's name, playfully mocking her teammate for her crush.
[Special Jounin • Kumogakure no Sato • Masuyo AkimiPoints Achieved: 17] [Genin • Konohagakure no Sato • Takara SayuriPoints Achieved: 18]

Bluggles

Getting to Know You

Post by Bluggles » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Baako waited till Akimi made her order, "Can i get Orange Spice tea, light on sugar and a cream puff. Thanks!" She watched as all the people were loud and rowdy. She loved a place like this. Always filled with excitement. When she heard Akimi say that Soku-kun was here, she jumped up on an empty bar stool. and looked at the direction Akimi was pointing. She narrowed her eyes and observed his appearance. Could it be! She than hoped down and slithered around to get a better look. Hoping from table to table, as she approached her prey. She finally was in the both behind him, trying not to snicker. She turned beet red, just cause of how close she is to him. OMG! i cant believe it! Im SOOOOOO CLOSE TO SOKU-Kun!. She tried her best to keep all her emotion in check. She than looked slightly over, and saw his gorgeous face and than!!! She fainted, falling out of the booth and landing on the floor, right next to his seat.

Toshi

Getting to Know You

Post by Toshi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:27 pm

Soku leaned back in his chair and slowly drifted his hand towards the hilt of the first katana strapped to his back as he became aware of someone sneaking up on him. After living in the streets as long as he had he had acquired the ability of sensing when he was being watched or followed. A handy skill, but one that made the special jounin very paranoid around large groups of people, not exactly the best personality trait for a person to have.

But before he could whip around and confront his would be attacker he watched as a female shinobi promptly fell over and smacked against the floor beside his booth. Luckily only a few of the other customers had noticed this rather graceful face plant which was good because the last thing he needed was fingers pointing in his direction if the girl ended up dying right there in front of his booth.

"Hey lady, I'm trying to lay low for once and your lack of balance and consciencness is really cramping my style." Soku muttered in a very sarcastic tone before getting up out of his seat, kneeling down, and dragging the woman into a sitting position onto the booth across from himself.

"Anyone lose a... um... cat... woman here?" Soku shouted over the hailstorm of voices that filled the tea shop. He realized what he had just said and realized how ridiculous it had sounded so before anyone could answer he quickly took his original seat and pretended that some other moron had spoken up.
CharacterShow

KiKage

Getting to Know You

Post by KiKage » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:45 pm

It always was amusing to Akimi to see people try to act cool when they know they just made themselves look ridiculous. She picked up her tea and cinnamon roll with a short bow and a thank you to the waiter and sauntered over to the booth, chuckling. Taking a sip of tea, her eyes went back and forth from one side of the table to the other. On one side was a keeled over catgirl with drool dripping from her mouth and spirals for eyes. On the other was a disgruntled looking man who was trying to hide his face.

"Hm," Said the kunoichi, nodding her head up and down slightly. Raising an eyebrow, she stifled a chuckle before looking to the weapons master. "Evening, Soku-san."

Bluggles

Getting to Know You

Post by Bluggles » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:57 pm

Baako woke up with a large headache. she looked over to see Akimi. What happened? she thought. but when she looked accross the table to see. "Sssokku-kon", she stuttered out of her mouth. She tried to remember how she got to sit across him, but than couldnt. The man walked over and placed her tea and desert in front of her and smiled. she slightly bowed her head to him. Her eyes were wide and fixed on Soku-kun. She couldnt say anything. Her cat ears started to twitch as she began to blush. She took her tea cup in hand and proceeded to sip on it. Still blushing, at this time she decided to avoid eye contact. She stared at the table while enjoying her tea.

Toshi

Getting to Know You

Post by Toshi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Soku was about to ask how someone he had never met knew his name but before he could the same man who served the cat woman sitting across from him slid over a steaming cup of fresh brewed sweet tea in his direction. Soku gratefully grasped the small cup's curved handle and nodded at the man, the warmest welcome he would receive from the Special-jounin by far.

His thoughts were once again interrupted by the cat woman's stammering. He was surprised yet again to realize that another complete stranger knew his name.

"Alright, what in the hell is going on here. I'm just trying to enjoy a... well... not a nice evening but an evening nonetheless and all of a sudden I've got cat people falling over onto their faces left and right. The insanely high pitched voice isn't doing wonders for my mood either, so let's cut to the chase shall we?"

Soku finished his rant and quietly blew across the surface of the piping hot tea inside the small cup in his hands. He tilted the cup to his lips and took a quick sip, knowing that if he drank any more he would have to add a burnt tongue to his constantly growing list of problems.

"Since you both know my name how about you both start by enlightening the ignorant stooge sitting across from you about what this little shin-dig is about?"

CharacterShow

KiKage

Getting to Know You

Post by KiKage » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:32 pm

'What a prick. We'll have to knock him off his high horse if this team is going to work.' Akimi kept her face relatively blank, hiding the smile she wanted to crack quite well. She opened her mouth as if to speak, but instead took another sip of tea, slowly savoring the beverage, then a bite of her cinnamon roll. It was all just so delicious and wonderful. The sweetness of the pastry, balanced with the refreshment of the drink. Oh, it was divine.

After taking her sweet time, she set the small meal down on the table. "Soku-san, I'm insulted!" She screeched, intentionally tweaking her voice up at least ten decibels louder and an octave or so higher, and just obscenely squeakier. "Everybody knows everybody in Kumo! I'm surprised that you don't recognize us! Well, I'm Masuyo Akimi, perhaps better known to you as 'Sparkles,' and this is Ikimono Baako."

Now for the fun part. At this point, she couldn't even be bothered with holding back her devilish smirk. She took another sip of her tea, slowly tasting each drop individually. Setting it down, she took a leisurely breath and shot her eyes directly at the irritable man. "We're your new teammates."

Sparx

Getting to Know You

Post by Sparx » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:51 pm

{OOC: This seems as good a place as any for me to jump in ha }

Rai walked into the crowded tea house and looked around. Many fine ladies in here tonight...Many fine ladies indeed He walked up to the bar severely needing to relax after a quick battle and being turned down a grand total of three times. in the course of three very short hours. He sighed as he reached the bar and whipped out his fake I.D.

"I'll have a jug of warm sake please" The worker stared at Rai's fake I.D. for several long seconds before nodding and motioning for Rai to take a seat. He turned and looked around for a solitary booth where he could get drunk and forget his failures...

Rai turned his gaze to the back corner where he often sat only to spot the two females he would have rather not have seen. Akimi and Baako. I just can't get away from failure today He heaved a deep sigh as he noticed his older brother and walked quickly over to their booth.

He scooted in next to his brother and stared down at the table so as to not make eye contact with the women. "Not a free booth in this entire place" he mumbled to his brother Soku in hopes that the girls wouldn't hear. He stared sulkily at the table and his hands. The waiter set down the steaming jug of sake and two small cups.

The server leaned down to Rai and whispered "The cups for you lady friends eh Rai?" The server walked away laughing out loud as Rai's cheeks turned red. He sighed and grabbed the jug. He took a deep swig and leaned back in the booth. Soku seems to be in a good mood i wonder what his issue is

Rai turned to his brother while drinking another large swing from his sake jug. "So brother how was work at the forge today?...I made a new mountain..you should have been there..it was...an utter failure" He sighed took another swig of sake and slumped down into the booth staring at the table all the while.

Finally Rai worked up the courage to look up at the girls. He looked from Akimi...to Baako...to Akimi...to Baako..then he let out a deep sigh and returned his gaze to the table. Today was an utter failure

Event Points = 8

Toshi

Getting to Know You

Post by Toshi » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Soku's hand paused for the slightest of moments as it was making its way to his lips when he heard the word "teammates." But after this moment he recovered from the news and calmly took a long sip from the small white cup clenched in his hand. He sat the glass on the table and sighed, then turned his gaze back to the two women sitting across from him.

"Well it looks like I owe you both an apology. Welcome to the team, but it isn't that strange for me not to know my fellow shinobi." He let out a small chuckle and reclined in his seat, stretching his arm across the back of his seat and grinning as he did. "After all, I'm not the most social person in the world."

Just after he muttered the last word Soku noticed his brother making his way towards the booth, when would the surprises end? But then something clicked in his mind. "Oh man... these girls had better make a break for the exit while they still can."

The special jounin nodded towards his brother and slid across the seat, placing himself directly across from Baako. Then he watched as the same waiter that had served the two women and himself their orders set down a rather large jug of sake and three cups. He heard the man whisper something about "lady friends" and frowned. "And so it begins..."

But instead of immediately hitting on Baako and Akimi, Rai did something incredibly strange. he asked Soku how his day was before even so much as glancing at the women. A look of sheer confusion flashed across the special jounin's face for a moment, but was then replaced with a grin of understanding.

Completely ignoring his brother's comment, Soku burst out laughing. "Let me guess... you three have met?" Soku managed to squeeze in before fits of uncontrollable laughter. "Shot down again, eh?" he said before placing his head on the table and covering his head and neck with his arms in a futile attempt to stifle his hysterical laughter. The table began to shake as Soku's entire upper body began to tremble.

"I'm sorry... oh geez..." he said after his chuckling began to die down. His face had turned bright red and he was clutching at his ribs in pain, he was beginning to worry that he was going to suffocate right here in this tea shop. He turned back to the ladies sitting across from him and muttered, "That just made my day."

CharacterShow

Bluggles

Getting to Know You

Post by Bluggles » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Baakos ears twitched as she heard Rai walk into the tea hut. Oh boy, this is going to interesting. Baakos ears went front ward as Soku apologized, she looked up from her tea cup and blushed. She didnt want to say anything stupid for she was embarrassed at what happened earlier. She lowered her right ear as Rai approached, her left ear still perked. She than nodded to Rai and smiled slightly.

Baako was about to take another sip of her tea when the waiter placed a jug and three cups down. They than twitched when she heard him say "The cups for you lady friends eh Rai" She than shot a curious look at the jug.

She has never seen a jug like that before, and she didnt know what it was. Her eyes widen in curiosity and looked over at Akimi and looked back at the jug. She than looked at Rai, and than back at the jug, slowly placing her tea down on the table.

What is that? Is it a juice? A special brew of tea? ooo what could it be!!!?she thought. Baako was so engulfed by the mystery jug

KiKage

Getting to Know You

Post by KiKage » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:29 am

A chuckle escaped Akimi's mouth. How couldn't she laugh? They hadn't even started to do anything important yet, and already Rai was drinking away his failures to seduce women, Baako was blushing like a schoolgirl and drooling over Soku, who was cracking up at things that weren't that funny, when he was just hostile and angry only moments before. The indigo-haired woman closed her eyes as she took another sip of tea. Setting the cup down, she shook her head.

"This is just comically dysfunctional," She purred. She continued, sardonic and sarcastic, "Missions with this team are just going to be a blast, aren't they? Let's hope that Raikage-sama put us on this team with the hopes that we would mesh a bit better on the battlefield than at the Teahouse."

Sparx

Getting to Know You

Post by Sparx » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:26 am

Rai stared at his brother open mouthed..Rai was more than little bit intoxicated and his brother was laughing hysterically over his failures. He frowned at Baako as she stared at his jug. He poured a cup and slid it over to her before taking another giant swig from the bottle. His brother was laughing still and holding his sides. He turned to Akimi noticing the cynicism in her voice he scowled at her before turning his bottle upside down over his mouth. A solitary drop dripped onto his tongue. e set the bottle aside and yelled across the tea house.

"OI! .....BRING ME SOME MORE SAKE!!" He burped rudely in front of the two ladies but he didn't really care. He turned back to his brother Soku as the server set down another jug of warm sake. "Have a cup with me brother. I has been a while since we have enjoyed drunken bliss together..." Rai laughed hard at some joke no one would understand. He then turned to Baako. Then to Akimi he scowled at her once more and took another deep drink from his jug.

"Come on Baako..have a sip or two" He then attempted to wink at Her but instead only closed his eye halfway before breaking into chuckles again. He turned to his brother and smiled goofily. Then he turned his goofy smile back to Baako. "Drink silly" Rai stared at her patiently. Sipping from his jug instead of chugging.

Event Points = 8

Toshi

Getting to Know You

Post by Toshi » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Soku watched all three of his new teammates react to the events that were unfolding around them. Baako seemed completely and utterly mesmorized by the sake jug, Akimi was going on about how dysfunctional they all were (finally something they could agree on), and lastly he watched with more pleasure than he should have felt as his brother screamed across the tea house for more sake.

When Rai offered him a glass of sake Soku simply stared at it for a few moments. He slowly reached down and grasped the small cup and brought it to his lips, took a small sip, and placed it back onto the table in front of himself.

"Hmmm... tastes good." Soku sighed with relief and grinned across the table at Baako and Akimi as an attempt to look friendly. Even if Soku had never really been the social type he knew as well as Akimi that they all needed to get along better than this if they ever hoped to be a successful squad.

"So, Baako, Akimi. Since you have already met my brother you must know that he likes to blow stuff up. A lot. And if you didn't already know I'm pretty handy with almost any kind of weapon, a little talent you pick up as a black smith's apprentice over the years." He finished the sentence by grabbing the metal toothpick from between his teeth, with several flickes of his wrist and precise finger movements the small metal shard twirled and spun gracefully through the air.

Soku watched as the needle suddenly stopped mid air in the center of his palm as if it was attached to some hidden string suspended from the ceiling. It slowly began rotating through the air as it ascended towards Soku's face. He caught the toothpick in his mouth and grinned as a metallic sound rang throughout the entire tea shop.

"I don't mean to brag, but I'm also one of the more talented magnetism users in the village."
SpoilerShow
*Denjiki [Electromagnetism]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By infusing a metal object with raiton chakra via a small ball of static that can be thrown within a range of about ten feet, the user can cause it to become highly magnetic, which means that it will latch itself to other metal objects in close proximity, even altering the course of nearby (five or six feet) metal objects such as shuriken and kunai in midair. The Strength required to separate objects that become magnetized should be equal to or greater than the user’s Control stat. Alternately, C-rank Katon jutsu or above can drastically weaken the bond, if not nullify it entirely.
CharacterShow

Bluggles

Getting to Know You

Post by Bluggles » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:07 pm

Baako looked over confused like when Akimi was talking about the group. She thought for a moment. What does she mean by that? does she think that we wont work well together? hmmm She than watched Rai as he started to enjoy the mystery drink. Now it has to be good if he is drinking it like that.

Her ears than perked as he filled her cup with it and told her to drink up. She looked in the cup. Its .... clear.. like water? Is he giving me water? She than thought for a moment. Is he so poor that he cant afford a cup of tea. So he gets warm water? Im soo confused. She than looked over as Soku-kun took a sip of it and said it was good. Ok now, its not water. But what is it? She than took the cup up and pressed it close her nose. She sniffed it. She really couldnt detect anything bad. She than sipped on it lightly.
Her ears perked up quickly. "MMMMMMM!!!!" After that she guzzled it done and slammed it on the table. she than smiled widely. "That is really good Rai-san, can I have another as well?"

She than looked over at Soku and watched his magic act with is metal toothpick. "WoW! Soku-kun, your soo cool". She said as she placed the side of her face into her palm, awwing at him.

KiKage

Getting to Know You

Post by KiKage » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:49 pm

She only sighed. 'Spec-fucking-tacular. Drinking always solves problems.' Taking the last sip of her tea, Akimi set down her glass with a clack. "This seems like an excellent idea," She squeaked. "Let's get shitfaced so we get along better." She heaved a heavy breath and slumped in her seat. 'Great. Now I get to babysit my team for the night and make sure they don't embarrass themselves.'

The woman tossed her curly locks and rolled her eyes. "Hey, I have a great idea," She hissed sarcastically. "Let's go around the table and share a personal fact. Squad bonding at it's best." Of course, Akimi didn't really mean this, but with her voice as high pitched as it was, it was often difficult to detect her sarcasm.

Sparx

Getting to Know You

Post by Sparx » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:16 am

Rai grinned at Baako. She stared in awe at his brother. He poured another cup for her and then turned to Soku. "Nice trick....but i bet mine is better" He grinned as he picked up the empty sake jug. He held it for a second then tossed it up in the air it was glowing red for a split second before it exploded. A shower of dust rained down on their heads. Rai casually covered the jug and the cups. He then took a heavy swig from his jug and smiled at Akimi.

"RAI IS THAT ANOTHER FUCKING JUG YOU BLEW UP IN MY TEA HOUSE!!!" The owner yelled from across the tea house..."OH JUST PUT IT ON MY TAB....THAT AND ANOTHER JUG OF WARM SAKE!!" Rai grinned at Soku and winked before turning back to Akimi.

" A personal fact eh? Well me and Soku here...I'll cover his to because we all know how talkative he is.....but Me and Soku...we are orphans...Kind of. Our father was killed and our mother..well we don't know what happened to her. But we both promised that we would find out..and avenge our father....." Rai Nodded at Soku and then smiled. Vengeance we will have one day...but for now..sake works! He turned to Baako..."Your turn Baako! and make sure you drink up!" He grinned at her before taking another drink of his jug.

Event Points = 8

Toshi

Getting to Know You

Post by Toshi » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Soku didn't even bother to try and stop Rai from destroying the sake jug, even if it was right over their heads. Instead he simply watched from his seat as the clay jug emitted a bright red aura, shuddered, and then exploded in a cloud of sparkling dust. The special jounin sighed and ran his hands through his long brown hair in an attempt to rid it of thousands of dust particles.

"Freakin' show off. He's going to get us kicked out of here again." Soku thought bitterly to himself, but before he could voice his concerns for their present "still not banned from the tea shop" status Rai began to speak about their past.

It took almost all of Soku's willpower not to flinch when his brother mentioned what had happened to their parents. The memory of that night was forever burned into his mind, not a day went by that he didn't think about the last time he saw his mother and father, about how scared he had been, about the fury he had felt afterward... All of those thoughts were ones he would rather avoid, at least for the time being.

So the special jounin held his tongue and took another sip from his sake glass, enjoying the sweet taste of the liquor before turning his attention to Baako
CharacterShow

Bluggles

Getting to Know You

Post by Bluggles » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Baako smiled widely as Rai poured another round. She watched as the clear liquid filled her cup. She than pulled it close to herself. Both hands clenching it for dear life. She than started to watch as Rai competed for her and Akimi's attention. Baako's eyes widened as she saw the jug blow up. She than sneezed as the dust irritated her nose.

She than lowered her ears when she heard about Rai and Soku's past and family. She looked at them both with sorry eyes. She took a sip of the delicious drink. She than paused for a moment when She was asked to share something about herself.

She looked down at her cup, her ears still lowered. "I didnt have a childhood" she said and than gulped the rest of the drink down and slammed it on the table. Looking at Rai to fill it up once more.

KiKage

Getting to Know You

Post by KiKage » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Combing the dust out of her hair from the destroyed jug with one hand, the kunoichi sighed, rubbing her temples with the other. Then, Rai's words reached her ears. Her expression of irritation faded into one of pain. "My deepest sympathies to you, Rai-san, Soku-san," Akimi said quietly, sincerely. For the first time all day, she thought about the two men as actual people, not just her teammates. She could relate to the feel of loneliness that they must have felt over the loss of their parents, but she could not possibly feel the same pain, knowing that her own parents were alive. "And you, Baako-san."

The woman remained quiet for a moment, looking down at her hands in her lap. She took a deep breath through her nose, absorbing the knowledge she had just learned. Before actually knowing what she was saying, she spoke, almost blurted, "My parents are alive. They just never cared much about the fact that I am."

At that moment, Masuyo Akimi did something that she hadn't in public for years. She reached across the table, snatched the sake from her comrade and took two huge gulps, right from the jug.

Sparx

Getting to Know You

Post by Sparx » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Rai looked aghast as Akimi took a drink from his jug. Then as the waiter brought over the new jug poured Baako another glass. He sat the jug down on the table and stared at Akimi who was sitting across from him. "Sorry to hear that about your parents....and there is no need to be sad for us ladies...We have sworn to get revenge and revenge we shall have." He nudged Soku in the side with his elbow casually." Eh brother?"

Rai stared around the tea house watching the patrons jubilation. He smiled. As always life was good in Kumo. He then turned to Baako. He grinned slightly and poured her a second cup..even after refilling her first. "So you don't run out as fast" He winked at her and smiled. Then remembering her strange comment. "What do you mean by "didn't have a child hood"...Like..did you come out of the womb fully grown or something?"

Event Points = 8

Toshi

Getting to Know You

Post by Toshi » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Soku arched an eyebrow over the edge of his sake glass when Baako revealed her personal fact, he silently finished off the small cup's contents before placing it back on the table. "No childhood?" Soku thought to himself before stretching his arm over the back of his seat, "What in the hell does she mean by that?"

Akima's own description was far less confusing but that didn't make him feel any less sorry for his teammate. Never being one for sentimental words he looked Akima square in the eye and nodded solemnly instead. But a rare, and genuine, grin spread across Soku's face when he saw the up-tight kunoichi reach across the table, grasped the handle of the entire jug of sake, and down two monstrous gulps of the liquor. "Now we're getting somewhere."

"I would rather have my dad back personally. Revenge is a cruel mistress, but what choice do we have?" Soku grunted through gritted teeth at Rai's comment and meant it with every fiber of his being. Those looking for revenge had better dig two graves, one for their victim and one for themselves.

Soku began silently drinking his sweet tea once more, waiting patiently for Baako's answer to his younger brother's question.
CharacterShow

Bluggles

Getting to Know You

Post by Bluggles » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:48 pm

Baako's ears were still lowered as she heard Akimi's personal fact. Is my life as bad as hers? worse? better? i dont know. Baako shot her drink down in one gulp. She than looked over at the other cup Rai poured for her. She narrowed her eyes at the cup, when Rai asked what she ment by not having a childhood. She clenched the cup of elixir, her claws digging into it. She than leaned back and shot it down her throat. She slammed the cup on the table. She started to feel a sudden of rage build inside of her. The more she drank the more it grew. She shot an evil glare at Rai, her eyes werent normal, they had her feline slanted pupils. her claws than gripped the table, the nails starting to dig into the table. a low growl came from her throat. She than let the table go and slid down off the booth, and landed on the floor. She than did several hand signs. A burst of light came from the table.

She than walked from the table in her Snow leopard form, well at least attempted to walk. She let our a drunkard rawr to tell people to get out of her way. She stumbled a few times but managed to make it out of the door. She kept waddling, she didnt know where she was going but she was going.

KiKage

Getting to Know You

Post by KiKage » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:26 am

"God damn it," Akimi cussed, springing up to her feet. 'Of course she can turn into a fucking leopard. What other jutsu could be less convenient for a drunk kunoichi when she's asked about an apparently touchy subject?' Luckily, she was not feeling intoxicated, having had much less than one full drink. She dashed out of the shop, swiftly dodging the other customers, and found that the feline Baako was tottering along, tripping over herself in her inebriation.

As she prepared a jutsu to subdue her teammate, she realized that any sort of offensive attack would just provoke her. Instead, the Genjutsu specialist decided to go a different route. 'She wants to act like an animal? Then she'll be treated as one.' Luckily, many non-shinobi citizens were still in the streets, horrified by a huge snow leopard on the loose. Akimi's scream would blend right in, so she performed the hand seals.

"Magen: Dendou no Hei!" She whispered sharply. After the final hand seal, she opened her mouth wide and let loose an extremely high-pitched shriek. Combining Akimi's proficiency with Genjutsu, Baako's current state as an animal, and her drunkenness, it would be very difficult for her to release herself from the technique. She would likely experience some of the more potent effects of the jutsu as well.
Magen: Dendou no Hei {Demon Illusion: Electric Fence}:
A-Rank Genjutsu
This genjutsu causes all individuals in the area of effect to believe that they are surrounded by a wall of electricity on all sides. If they touch this wall, they believe themselves to be electrocuted, and may experience paralysis based on the level of stress the genjutsu causes on their minds. I.E. foes with lower Wit and Control are more susceptible to more extreme effects. This jutsu is activated after Akimi performs the needed hand seals, and goes into effect when the victim hears her scream, extremely high and loud.

Sparx

Getting to Know You

Post by Sparx » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:13 pm

Rai watched in mock awe as Baako made her transformation and drunkenly walked out. He sighed...I suppose I'll be taking the blame for this, dammit Rai laid down money on the table and followed the girls out to the street. Looks like I'll be fighting drunk tonight.....again

Rai giggled as he saw Akimi. He knew she must have performed some type of genjutsu to subdue Baako. Rai frowned at the leopard that was standing in the middle of the crowd of people roaring. He performed a few quick seals and the earth below Baako rose up to grab her. "May as well catch her twice over till she calms down....Drunken rage tends to be way worse than normal rage.....I suppose I'll take the blame for this one"

Quote:
*Doton Doton Torappingu [Earth Element Earth Trapping Technique]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Doton Doton Torappingu is technique used to trap the user's target(s) in the earth. Using their mastery of Doton, the user causes the earth beneath their target to rise up and latch onto the target. While it can be broken by Taijutsu technique, this is a good way to distract your opponent while you think up your next move.

Event Points = 8

Toshi

Getting to Know You

Post by Toshi » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:32 pm

"Giving an under aged girl liquor and then asking her about her personal life." Soku muttered to himself while he produced a few coins out of the inside of his jacket. He placed the money on the table and downed the last of his now lukewarm tea before making a bee line for the door after his new dysfunctional squad. "Can't see what could possibly go wrong there."

Soku pushed the tea shop's door open and immediately began searching for a pissed off looking snow leopard, luckily for him there weren't too many of those within the general vicinity. He was about to try and help the others subdue their angry teammate but then he realized he had never been one for trying to "restrain" his targets, nor did he posses any techniques that wouldn't cause Baako personal injury.

This one was out of his hands and he knew it.
CharacterShow

Bluggles

Getting to Know You

Post by Bluggles » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:50 am

Baako let out an angry/drunkard roar as Akimi and Rai used their jutsu's to retrain her. Baako's eyesight was blurry and she had a hard time figuring out the blurry figures of her teammates. The snow leopard growled low as she slowly sniffed the ground that has a grip on her. She than looked up at the blurry figures and gave a kitty smile. Than a burst of light appeared, and Baako is back in her human form. She reaches on her back and pulls out her bo staff. She activated a hidden button, which caused a Chakra blade to come from the top. She than twirled the staff around her body, pressing chakra in the staff to make the blade sharper, and harder. She than did a quick swipe against the earthern root. "Wild Cat Claw!"she shouted out, as the earthern root shattered away from her legs.

Baako stood there amoment catching her step as she noticed an odd fence around her. "Akimi!, you you your genjuuutsuuuuuu wont work on me!" she blurted out drunkardly. She pressed the button and the switch blade when back into the staff. she than slammed the 6' staff in the ground and climbed on top of it, standing wabbely on one foot. She didnt know how she could hold her balance but she was. She than jumped off of it and landed on the other side of the fence. She didnt stick the landing though, and ended up rolling as she landed. she hoped up and looked at the blurry figures. Than pointed at them. "You all, are .......... drunk!" she than fell over and went fast asleep.

Wild Cat Claw:
C-rank Taijutsu
This is an attack that involves the users Bo Staff. With the switch blade on. The user forces chakra through it to make the blade bigger and sharper. (similar to Asuma's weapons)

KiKage

Getting to Know You

Post by KiKage » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:12 am

As the civilians resumed their previous activities, Akimi approached the sleeping form of the catgirl. "I think that it's time to call it a night," She sighed as she knelt down by Baako. "This has been a," she paused, fishing around for the right words, "a good time. I'll see you soon." The straight-laced kunoichi pulled her team mate up into a piggy back ride, and turned to leave.

"Have a good night, Rai-san, Soku-san," She squeaked. With that final farewell, she took off to her apartment. Baako was in no position to be left alone, and would have to spend the night with Akimi. Turning her head to make sure the catgirl was still breathing, she let out an exasperated breath. 'I'll make sure you don't wind up in an alley, but don't expect me to hold your hair back for you.'

But as she laid Baako down on the guest futon, Masuyo Akimi couldn't help but crack a smile.

Sparx

Getting to Know You

Post by Sparx » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:15 pm

Rai stared dumbfounded at his two teammates left him I wish i was allowed to spend the night He turned to his brother and grinned half heartedly. It had certainly been an eventful day indeed. Rai at this very moment was considering asking his brother if he wanted to request a new set of teammates to better suit their needs....the thought was fleeting but it was there. Rai stared around the the square as the people went about their business. He sighed. I wonder what it would be like to be a normal villager with parents and no shinobi business tot care about. Again the thought was fleeting but it was there.

Rai once again turned to his brother..."Well shall we have a stroll home?" Rai punched his brother playfully in the shoulder and laughed. "Odd to think it's not just us any more eh bro? Now we have help....maybe after we work together some we can trust them enough to help us track down mom...." Rai trailed off at the end his word slurring as his excessive drinking had finally caught up with him.

Rai turned away from his brother... His whole world was spinning around him. Swirling in an array of bright colors and intense flashes of light. Maybe the second jug wasn't such a good idea.. Rai thought just as he threw up projectile style all over the lamp post he was apparently leaning on. He turned back to his brother. "Bro....I think it's time I went to bed"

With that last incredibly drunken sentence complete with a stumbling step forward Rai tripped over a very invisible line on the ground and fell directly no his face. Lucky for him his stomach was already empty because he then proceeded to dry heave for several seconds before passing out. his last thought was this I hope Soku doesn't leave me here

Event Points = 8

Toshi

Getting to Know You

Post by Toshi » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:35 pm

"I think it's time you stopped drinking so freakin' much." Soku corrected just after his younger brother tossed his cookies all over a perfectly innocent lamp and then proceeded to trip, fall flat on his face, then pass out. Sure he could have caught him, but where would the lesson be in that? Maybe a good smack to the noggin would do Rai some good, but Soku still somehow doubted it.

The special jounin let out a mighty sigh before kneeling down and sliding his brother's arm over his own shoulders. With a little effort Soku managed to lift Rai from the pavement and onto his feet.

"You're lucky I only had about half a cup of sake, otherwise we'd both probably end up in some gutter." He knew that Rai couldn't hear him, but god knows Soku wouldn't let something like unconsciousness stop him fro proving a point.

He began dragging Rai back to the forge, which was thankfully only about a quarter mile away from the tea shop. But because of his brother's dead weight slowing him down he knew that the otherwise short journey would take about twenty minutes to cross.

Soku found himself thinking about his two new teammates while he trudged through the streets of the village hidden in the clouds. He was surprised to find himself slightly grinning at the thought of their less-than-successful first meetin' greetin'.

"It could always be worse. At least they're pretty good lookin'." Soku thought to himself. He might not have been as interested in women as his brother (in fact, he doubted anyone on the entire planet was), but he could tell a diamond from a lump of coal.

With that last thought Soku and Rai reached Tenshu's forge, and with one last effort Soku managed to push the front door open. He shrugged Rai off of his shoulders, who fell noisily to the ground just in front of the entrance.

"You're lucky I dragged you're useless ass this far." Soku muttered before walking into the house, making a beeline for his bed.

CharacterShow

Return to “Chahitsu House of Tea”