[Graded]Tea is good

Bluggles

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Bluggles » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:44 pm

Baako entered the tea shop. The smell of the sweet aromas filled her nose. She took in a deep breath and smiled. She than walked over to were the owner was and smiled. Her ears slowly went down when she realized that the man was glaring at her. "Were not going to have the same incident like before are we Baako-san" He said sternly. Baako's right eye twitched when she remembered that last time she was here. She made a big commotion. Baako than let out a laugh. "No No No, we sure are not. As long as i dont drink that strange elixir Rai-san gave to me." She than rubbed the back of her head, smiling at the man. He raised his right eyebrow at her than nodded. "what can i get ya?"

Baakos ears went back to there perky state when he asked that. she began to think. "I would like a cup of Earl Grey Black tea. and a couple deserts.... please" she than smiled and bowed her head slightly to the man. Her eyes than started to wonder around the tea hut. Its still active as ever. Her eyes than settled on the both were she meet her team. She proceeded to walk over there, her hand lightly touching the table. She smiled, she than slowly sat in her spot staring at the spot Soku sat. She imagined him there. She started to blush, as she saw the handsome, rugged man of her dreams.
[chuninKumoBaako Ikimono • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0]Points achieved: 24

KiKage

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by KiKage » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:55 pm

It had been a rare day in the Village Hidden in the Clouds. Nothing truly eventful happened, nor did anything that would impact history. However, as petty as it may seem, the weather was almost always cloudy and cool, and any deviation from that norm was worthy of note to the Villagers. The sunshine was special to them, and spirits had been high throughout Kumogakure.

Of course, the sun had to set eventually, and it was now nighttime.

Masuyo Akimi had enjoyed the sunny day like everybody else had, but the excitement died with the light. Under the familiar moon, she walked down the street from her apartment to Chahitsu Tea House to finish up the day with a cup of tea. She entered the establishment and appraoched the counter; even though she was a regular customer, she didn't have much of a rapport with the employees. The didn't have a "usual" order, or a preferred seat, or day and time at which she always came into the shop. They wouldn't even know her name if it weren't for the fact that she was a rather well-known ninja. Nonetheless, she ordered a cup of tea and looked around to find a place to sit.

'Hm. Baako-chan is here.' She observed before she walked over to the table at which her team mate sat. Noticing the lovesick expression the cat-girl's face, Akimi chuckled, "Heh. Of course, you're sitting at the same table as last time, Baako-chan."
[Special Jounin • Kumogakure no Sato • Masuyo AkimiPoints Achieved: 17] [Genin • Konohagakure no Sato • Takara SayuriPoints Achieved: 18]

Bluggles

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Bluggles » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Baakos ears twitched as she noticed Akimi coming close. "Why should i sit anywhere else. This is our table is it not" Baako spoke in a serious tone. At that time her order was delivered. Baako took her cup and blew on the steam a bit. The cream added to the tea filled her nose. She than liked her lips and proceeded to drink. "So did you hear about Rai-san?" Baakos tone was serious an low.

KiKage

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by KiKage » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Akimi chuckled at the feline antics of the young woman sitting across from her. She tossed her curly tresses over one shoulder and took a sip of tea as she listened to Baako's question. 'Rai-san? I can't imagine there's any news involving that man that I would be interested in hearing.' She took her time to answer, tasting the tea and swallowing it slowly before sighing, "No, I don't think I've heard anything of note about Rai-san recently. Did something happen?"
[Special Jounin • Kumogakure no Sato • Masuyo AkimiPoints Achieved: 17] [Genin • Konohagakure no Sato • Takara SayuriPoints Achieved: 18]

Bluggles

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Bluggles » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 pm

Baako looked down at her deserts. There was 4 small pastries. She lined them up and looked at Akimi. She than took one and ate it. "Rai-san left" she said, with small peices of pastry coming out of her mouth. She than swallowed and looked over at where Rai use to sit. "He said he wants to go off on his own. But he did tell me he will come back. But I dont even know if thats true." She than took another bite of her pastry.

Toshi

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Toshi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:11 am

Soku winced as he opened the door to the tea shop, he had already forgotten about the white bandages that covered his entire right hand.

Later that day the obsessed special jounin had been trying to make a few modifications to his newfound contraption but in the process he managed to scald his palm and fingers on the bike's hot steel. He had suffered through injuries like this dozens of times, but he knew that the first day of a burn was by far the worst. By tomorrow he would probably be able to take the bandages off, but the skin would still be tender for a few more days after that.

The dark brown haired special jounin walked into the tea shop with his usual purposeful stride, looking around the small restaurant for anyone he knew.

A flash of indigo caught the corner of his eye, Soku didn't even need to turn his head to know that Akimi was here as well.

"I'll just have a cup of sweet raspberry tea, please. Oh, and could you throw in a cinnamon bun too? I hear they're the best in Kumo." Soku asked the waiter behind the desk politely, a rare sight to behold indeed.

After ordering Soku turned and walked towards the booth Akimi was sitting at, when he got a good look at the booth his teammate was sitting at he realized that she wasn't alone. Baako sat opposite to the indigo haired kunoichi.

In a sort of half panicked half smooth motion Soku quickly grabbed the black glove from his back pocket and slipped it onto his injured hand, grunting in pain as he slid the skin tight material over the painful burn.

The last thing he wanted was to have Baako throw some fit because he had burned himself. She'd probably drag him to the hospital herself.

"Hey, ladies. Mind if I join you?" Soku asked casually, giving his two teammates his usual crooked grin.
CharacterShow
Former Hokage • Konoha • Nara Tousha

KiKage

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by KiKage » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:35 am

The only reaction that Akimi gave to Baako's news about their former teammate was a raised eyebrow. She shrugged and nonchalantly took another sip of tea. As the young woman was about to open her mouth to respond, the brother of the man in question arrived. "Good evening, Soku-san," She squeaked, standing up to greet him. In actuality, she was standing up so she could shove him into the booth before her, protecting him from their feline comrade. "It's nice to see you. We were actually just talking about your brother."

The Special Jounin subtly slid into the seat after Soku before Baako could attack him with her love, swiftly taking a swig of her beverage. Without turning to look directly at the man next to her, she shot him a glance. "Why didn't you tell me he was leaving when I saw you the other day?"

Toshi

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Toshi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:56 am

Soku was about to greet Baako when Akimi shot an unexpected question at him. Unlike Akimi the special jounin turned to look at his teammate and scoffed before replying.

"I don't think there was enough time for small talk between the vomiting and crying, to be honest. I think I'm pretty lucky to remember my own name after that."

Absent minded as always Soku slapped his right hand on the table after saying the word "that." It took all the willpower he possessed to keep himself from screaming at the top of his lungs as jagged, sharp lances of pain shot through his hand and arm.

"You don't look to upset about the news, though." Soku said smugly, almost as if he didn't just cause himself great personal injury at the expense of adding emphasis to his point.
CharacterShow

Bluggles

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Bluggles » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:46 am

Baako's ears twitched as she saw Soku, than lowered when they talked about Rai. It still upsetted her, knowing that he left the team. She looked down at her tea and started to sip it some more. Her ears than twitched when she heard that Akimi and Soku were alone together. This upsetted her a bit. She didnt know why. Perhaps jealousy. Baako than twitched when Soku's hand hit the table. She stared at it. Soku-kuns hand, looks odd. she than stood up from the table and walked to the waiter. She placed her empty plate and cup on the bar and bowed. "Thank you" She than walked back to the booth and sat back down. Staring at Sokus hand. "Soku-kun, why does your hand seem different to me?" she asked quietly.

Toshi

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Toshi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:29 pm

"Crap..." Soku thought to himself.

He gave his teammate a sheepish smile. He knew now that it was pointless to try and hide his injury, Baako's cat like eyes were far too sharp to fool so easily. He probably should have just come clean from the start.

The special jounin sighed and slowly removed the black glove from his hand, revealing the white bandages underneath. He raised it up to show Baako and flexed it gingerly. "Now don't freak out or anything, ok? I just burned myself in the forge a little. It'll be as good as new in a couple days or so."

After he explained himself Soku slipped his glove back on, knowing that with his bandaged hand exposed like that it would become the center of the cat woman's attention. He wanted everyone to relax, there was no need to get all worked up over something as small as a little burn.
CharacterShow

Bluggles

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Bluggles » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:02 pm

Baakos eyes widened, Soku-kun.... hurt ..... she than reached up and grabbed his hand and got on knees on the table and looked at it. She than Untied the bandage. her ears twitched as she saw the scorched fleshed. The smell was strong to her, since she is part feline. She didnt smell any medication on it. "Of course not, Soku-kun is too much of a man to go to a hospital." she muttered lowly. Her eyes narrowed and looked at Soku. She than threw the dirty bandages on the tabble and reached back in her pack. She pulled out a home made cream and fresh bandages. She than proceed to treat his wound. Still glareing at him. After she was done she sighed. "Soku-kun you really should of gone to a hospital." she than dived on him gripping his chest. With out even noticing she kicked Akimi from her spot and sat there herself, snuggling up to Soku's side. "what would of happened if that was affected huh huh, than what would you do! YOUR LUCKY I KNOW SOME KIND OF MEDICATIONS!" she than looked over at akimi, her ears twitched. "what are you doing on the floor?"

KiKage

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by KiKage » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:03 pm

'What the fuck do you think I'm doing on the floor?' Akimi thought to herself, irritated by Baako's hyperactivity and inconsideration. "Baako-chan, learn to control yourself. You'll never be worth anything as a shinobi if you can't do so much as keep your pants on around your crush." She stood up with a harsh air about her, tossing her hair over her right shoulder. "Thank you for telling me about Rai-san's departure. Now if we can just get you to grow up and stop behaving like a slutty schoolgirl around Soku-san, maybe we'll have a functioning team," She hissed. "I hope your hand heals soon, Soku-san."

The kunoichi had been planning on "telling Baako off" since the walk she took with Soku, but she hadn't seen her since. She was certainly harsher than she originally intended to be, but the fact that the cat-girl had kicked her out of her seat while she was enjoying a nice cup of tea to punctuate a lovely day probably had something to do with it. Regardless, Akimi pivoted on her heel and left the tea shop in a bit of a huff. As she strode down the street, though, her anger and frustration with Baako melted into a veil of sadness.

'This is probably why I haven't gone out into a social setting in four months.' She thought, sighing inwardly. Masuyo Akimi never found it easy to make friends, and she never found that she had any form of patience. The latter most likely explained the former. She had this vision of the perfect person, the perfect friend, the perfect teammate, and anything different from that was intolerable. And that also probably explained why, in her nearly 20 years of life, she had never been in a serious relationship.

But instead of turning around and going back to the Chahitsu House of Tea, Akimi just kept going towards her home, where there were no idiots, no slackers, nobody unprofessional. Akimi just kept going towards her home, where there was nobody.

Toshi

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Toshi » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:23 pm

"Thanks, Akimi. See ya around." Soku muttered quietly, somehow feeling guilty for what had just happened. He knew that something like this was going to happen, and yet he still had tried to hide his injury from his teammates.

After Akimi stormed out of the tea shop a waitress walked by their booth and quickly slid Soku's order onto the table and high tailed it back into the kitchen as quickly as she could. He didn't blame her, it was like world war three broke out every time Baako, Akimi, and himself met in the same place.

The special jounin took a quick sip of tea and flexed his newly bandaged hand. He could already tell it was beginning to heal, Baako's medical cream even made it feel cool to the touch.

"Thank you for the help, Baako. But Akimi is right, even though she was a little too harsh. You shouldn't let your emotions get the better of you." Despite this speech Soku found himself resting his arm over the top of the booth above Baako.

"Sure, in a tea shop someone might get kicked out of a booth. But in a fight..." Soku trailed off, pretty sure that his teammate understood what he meant.
CharacterShow

Bluggles

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Bluggles » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:26 am

Baakos eyes widened when Akimi spoked to her harshly. She dug her nails deeply in the table. she wanted to hit the bitchy shinobi so badly. But she didnt, her anger than turned to a frown and she placed her hands in her lap. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. I just wanted to help Soku-kun, Maybe she is right. Maybe i should just let go and be serious. She than placed her forehead on the table looking at her hands. I dont understand how someone would be so mean. She watched as her hand started to catch her tears, her ears lowered. Now even Soku-kun agrees with her. Her and her hostility. Baako felt crushed. She didnt want to say anything for all she knew they were probably right, but she wasnt going to change the way she is to please some squeaky voiced. Baako than thought for a moment. She didnt even know what to compare Akimi to.

Baako ears than twitched once more as she forced her tears to stop. She than lifted her head and looked up at Soku, all teary eyed. "I .... I ... I am sorry" she managed to say, before crying somemore, she didnt scream out cry, but it was a silent cry. With just a stare and tears. No sniveling or boogering.

Baako was hurt. So much has happened in this team, and it seemed like from the beginning Akimi had it out for her. She wasnt used to being treated mean like. everyone who has been around her has always loved her and was happy around her. But now it seemed like her spirit was attacked Viciously. Just like the dog from her childhood. When Baako thought of the dog her hand slowly crept over the scars on her stomach. Her eyes blankly on Soku. "The dog" she whispered, than her eyes blinked for a moment and her tears disapeared and her sad eyes turned cat like. "She is a Dog"

Toshi

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Toshi » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:22 am

It had looked like Akimi's words had done more damage than Soku expected, he knew that something would have to be said about Baako's emotional behavior but this was not the best way to go about it by far.

"Baako... you don't need to be sorry." Soku said in a gentle tone, trying not to provoke his teammate any more than necessary. But when the special jounin opened his mouth to say something else Baako muttered something about Akimi being a dog.

He didn't know if that was an insult because she was clearly a cat person and she hated dogs or it had some deeper meaning. And in the blink of an eye, literally, Baako's big watery eyes changed from sad and hurt to feline like slits, they looked as sharp and cruel as a blood stained blade. But Soku knew that he needed to steer Baako away from the path of becoming bitter with Akimi.

Soku, in an attempt to calm his teammate down, rested both of his hands on Baako's shoulders and said, "It may not look like it, but Akimi only said those things because deep down she cares about you and you're well being. We both do."

It was known throughout the village that Soku was not the most sentimental man that had ever walked the face of the planet, but with Baako the way she was the words came almost naturally. The fact that Soku was resting his hands on Baako's shoulders was a sign that he genuinely cared about his teammate.

If only his brother could see him now, the team counselor. Soku would never hear the end of it.

"Please don't be mad at Akimi." Soku said simply, his charcoal grey eyes staring into Baako's own fierce looking pair.

CharacterShow

Bluggles

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Bluggles » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:09 am

Baako blinked, and he feline eyes went back to normal. Her ears perked and she slightly blushed, when soku placed both his hands on her shoulders. "Soku-kun?" she was confused, He tells her that Akimi cares but if someone cares, than why be so mean? Baako was confused, but she trusts Soku and knows that she wouldnt hurt her. She smiled slightly and nodded to him. "Alright Soku-kun, I will behave" Baako smiled slightly. she was lost in the eyes of her beloved. She found them quite beautiful. Her ears than twitched when she remembered that Soku and Akimi was alone together, and than her ears lowered and looked down at the table, staring at her claw marks. "So, Soku-kun ... are you and Akimi?" She said hinting that they were together. For he really never took her anywhere or had time alone with him. And since Akimi is a tad older than her and more "Mature" than she is. " I would understand, She is more womanly than i am." she muttered lightly.

Toshi

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Toshi » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:47 am

Soku took his hands off of Baako's shoulders once she began to calm down. He flashed a very rare genuine smile at his teammate before returning to his meal.

The raspberry tea in front of him gave off such a pleasant aroma that it made Soku's mouth water almost immediately. He picked up the mug and brought it to his lips, he tilted his wrist and took in a large gulp of the refreshing tea.

His enjoyment was short lived, however. As Baako asked if Akimi and himself were an item the delicious liquid sprayed out of his mouth noisily across the table.

What a waste.

Soku coughed a few times and thumped his fist against his chest as he tried to catch his breath. "What?!" Soku managed to blurt out in between coughs.

His coughs began to turn into chuckles that shook his chest and arms, the idea of Akimi dating anyone seemed laughably ridiculous. But Akimi dating him actually was laughable.

"No, Baako. Me and Akimi aren't together. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if that happened we'd end up killing each other in about a week."

Soku sipped at the mug in his hands and this time managed to down the raspberry tea. On a whim Soku broke his cinnamon roll in half and offered the left side of it to Baako.

"You hungry?"
CharacterShow

Bluggles

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Bluggles » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:53 am

Baako breathed in relief. She than blushed when she was offered the cini-roll. She took it silently and smiled at Soku. "Thank you, Soku-kun" she slightly bowed her head to him and than took a large bite out of the desert. "mmmm! Delicious" Her ears perked as the sweetness filled her mouth. She than giggled and proceeded to finish off the bun. She sqirmed in delight. She than smiled widely at Soku and leaned her head against his shoulder as she looked at his hurt hand. "does it steal ache?" she asked softly.

Toshi

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Toshi » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:14 am

Soku smiled back at his teammate as she ate the other half of his dessert. The special jounin began munching on his half of the cinnamon roll, but before he could finish Baako rested her head on his shoulder.

It was these kinds of situations that Soku feared. It was clear that Baako had feelings for him but he knew that a relationship with her would put the rest of his team in danger. It wasn't like he hadn't thought of it though. Baako might be a little emotional at times but she was still fun to be around. And she wasn't exactly hard on the eyes either. Soku might not have been the dating type but he was still a man, his brother wasn't the only one who appreciated a pretty face.

So instead of listening to his instincts to pull away Soku remained where he was.

"Nah." Soku replied simply, raising his hand to Baako's eye level and flexing it tightly. "That salve of yours really did the trick, I should probably carry a tin or two around while I'm in the forge."

Soku used his burnt hand to lift his mug to his lips, he tilted it back and gulped down the last of his tea. He sighed contently and placed it back onto the table with a light *thunk.*

Soku turned his head and looked down at Baako then asked, "Is there a reason why you called Akimi a dog, or was it just the first insult that came to mind?" He nudged her arm with his elbow mockingly, a crooked grin spreading across his face. "If so I think I need to teach you a few comebacks."
CharacterShow

Bluggles

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Bluggles » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:12 am

Baako smiled sweetly, when Soku said her cream was working. Raising her little sisters taught her a few tricks with medications and wounds. "if you like i can stop by the forge later and drop off some creams for different wounds. That way you have something to keep bacteria out of your cuts while you work." Baako spoke sweetly she was happy to be around Soku. She watched his hand closely making sure that the bandage was tied tightly enough. She was proud of what she learned, she can even recognize plants for medication as well. Her right ear than twitched when Soku mentioned why she called Akimi a dog. Should i tell him, she looked up at Soku seriously. "Can i tell you in private, Its a personal matter and i dont every ear around to be knowing"

She than stood up and walked out the door, snickering to herself about Soku teaching her rude remarks. She wasnt one to be mean or rude to anyone. She loved life and didnt like hurting others unless she absolutely had to. She waited for Soku outside of the tea hut. Her eyes gazing up at the starry night. Her cat eyes played in effect at night. They started to reflect of the light and she was slightly blinded but her eyes got use to the light. She smiled slightly, Soku-kun is going to learn a very important information about me. This is good. For i have not told anyone this. This would show my trust in him. Hopefully he keeps it.

Toshi

[Graded]Tea is good

Post by Toshi » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:23 am

Soku's face flashed with confusion when Baako said that she wanted to tell him the story behind the dog comment in private.

"What could a dog have done to her?" Soku asked himself silently, reaching into his front pocket for a few coins to pay for his bill. He sat the metal coins on the table and nodded towards the shop owner as he left.

He walked outside of the tea shop and made his way towards Baako, his curiosity peaked. What was he getting himself into by listening to this story?

Oh well, it was too late to turn back now.
CharacterShow

Return to “Chahitsu House of Tea”