Of Familiars, and Yuurei's

Zero

Post by Zero » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:33 pm

"Does it still hurt?" Tadashi asked his Master as they both sat down on opposite sides of the booth in Chahitsu. "Does what still hurt?" "Your shoulder, I'm pretty sure I hit it pretty hard." "It's fine, Tadashi." The Familiar gave Rengeki a slit-pupil stare. The eyes he usually had in his tiger form, and the eyes that he sometimes used in any form to get the truth out of the boy. "Really, it's okay. See?" Rengeki moved his right shoulder a bit, the scar he'd taken to it a few years ago made it sting as it moved. Tadashi could see the slightest hint of a flinch from the pain on his Master's face.

As the waitress came by and asked what they'd like, Rengeki ordered some tea for them both. Tadashi was still giving him the slit-pupils, and somewhat of a silent treatment until the boy would admit to his shoulder hurting.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:33 am

Hayate ambled out of the men's washroom in the Chahitsu House of Tea, dabbing at his face with a fluffy blue towel. He tossed the towel over his shoulder, partially ignoring the waiter who scrambled to catch it, and rush to the back rooms to clean it.
It seemed as he got older and older that his training got harsher and harsher, he thought bitterly.
There was nothing wrong with increasing the levels of difficulty, on the contrary, he expected no less. But the way the training schedule was going, he was slowly losing his breaks, his resting periods, and his opportunities to get away from his greedy, two-faced family.
He passed a mirror as he walked distractedly between the tables; for his height, and his piercing gold-brown eyes...it was difficult to remember, at times, that he was only thirteen; still a mere child, in the eyes of his elders. The hitai-ate swinging from his neck made a bold statement about what his childhood would be frought with, but even with the standard expectations of a young genin...Hayate just wasn't living like the other genin did; carefree and safe in their own home, with a trusting, loving fam-
He immediately stopped his train of thought; the track it sped so perilously down was one that it had never dared to dream up before. He looked for a moment more into his own golden gaze. It was a well practiced emotionless gaze, and one that suited the good boy image he worked to sustain.
A quiet voice interrupted his musings in the mirror, saying gently,
"Yuurei-san? Where will you take your tea?"
Hayate looked behind him; a timid, quaking waitress stood behind him, holding a tray of steaming cups. He smiled reassuringly and gave a quick glance around the restaurant before heading towards an already occupied booth, beckoning for the waitress to follow him.
"Faron-kun? May I sit with you?"

Zero

Post by Zero » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:31 pm

"Huh? Oh, Hayate-kun. Sure, you're welcome too." Tadashi's slit-pupils just seemed to get very small of a sudden. First he was giving his Master the silent treatment so he'd admit to being hurt. NOW he was eying his Master to make Hayate go away. Be. Polite. Thought Rengeki at his Familiar. ...You crazy? He thought back. Despite this, Tadashi returned his eyes to their regular dark blue color and turned to wave at the Yuurei. Rengeki gave him a quick glare to indicate that wasn't nice enough.

The tea finally came by quicker than usual, slow day apparently. The boy's shoulder still stung a bit, and he tried to refrain from using his right arm at all. It was luck that he was left-handed. "Hey, Hayate-kun, what have you been up to? Tadashi and me haven't seen you since the mission." Now it was the Familiar's turn to frown and give a short glare at him. "You musta been busy lately, eh?" He'd managed to put on a more relaxed tone, even with his "well-hidden" dislike for his Master's teammate. Strangely enough, there was no sarcasm, or cockiness, and definitely no arrogance in it for once.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Hayate, surprisingly, smirked at Tadashi's behavior. Almost immediately the smirk disappeared beneath a quiet smile as Hayate mentally scolded himself for showing such a negative expression.
'Damn it. What is is about this kid and his...jeez, what the hell is he, again?'
Hayate kept the calm smile on his face as he thought about Rengeki's question.
'What to tell him, what to tell him...'
"I've been training, Faron-kun. I asked my big brother to help me train," drawled Hayate slowly, nursing his steaming cup of tea.
'Well, it was partly true...'
Hayate glanced over at Tadashi; his standoffish manner was not lost on him. It was refreshing, to find someone who did not trust his facade outright, but it would not do at all.
'I guess I should try harder to make that...thing...like me.'
"Tadashi, is something bothering you?"

Zero

Post by Zero » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Ren smiled at Hayate when he mentioned he'd been training. It was good to see he wasn't the only one trying. However, Tadashi had also been trying pretty hard to keep the boy in shape. That much, Rengeki was more than thankful for.

"Tadashi, is something bothering you?" Automatically, the Familiar went on the defensive, almost. He'd managed to avoid smashing his hand into the table and yelling for no reason, as he probably would on most occasions in his anger at someone. This time, luckily, he was trying to hold back. Supposedly for his Master's sake. Tadashi gave a smirk, one that definitely had at least a thin layer of arrogance. "Nah, nothing bugging me. I'm just a bit thirsty. That, and I think I might have broken Ren's right arm." Rengeki was just about to sip his tea when his Familiar had finished his sentence. He had only been holding it with his left hand, and his right arm hadn't moved from its place at Rengeki's side. "Loudmouth." He muttered. "My arm isn't broken. Besides, its probably nothing compared to your training." "Oh yeah." Tadashi said in a very sarcastic voice. "Nothing's harder for a genin who lacks physical strength and endurance than squaring off against a guy who's physical prowess surpasses his by far." Rengeki put his tea down and slapped his left hand over the side of his face. "Hayate, what do you do for training?" It was obvious he was trying to turn the conversation away from his arm. Moreover, away from the Familiar's stupidity.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Hayate sipped at his tea, stalling for time to answer Rengeki carefully.
"Ahaha, well, nothing special...I run laps around Kumogakure...lift weights...spar with my brothers..."
'Fight-to-the-edge-of-death matches with my cousins in the dead of night every night in front of mercenary recruiters...totally normal shit, alright...'
It never got old, he thought wearily. Neither the training...nor the lying...it was a bit sad, really...
He eyed Rengeki's injured arm thoughtfully, looking at him oddly.
'Lacus would fix him right up, why not go see her? S'not like she'd say no; fucking tree-hugging mock positivist.'
Hayate's gaze narrowed slightly as he smirked at Tadashi.
"Do you normally mistreat your...ah, master, Tadashi? You'd think Rengeki would train you better..."
The words slipped easily from his mouth, surprising him greatly.
'Damn, did I really just say that?'
Rather than apologizing, Hayate simply finished his tea and beckoned at the server for another cup of hot tea, watching as the man leapt to his feet, hurrying their way with a hot teapot.

Zero

Post by Zero » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:13 pm

All of a sudden Tadashi broke out in a big grin, his pupils were back to being the slits like before. His grin wasn't real of course, he was practically grinding his teeth. His lips were just close enough to hide that fact, though. Tadashi. The Familiar didn't reply to the mind link. Tadashi! The grin just seemed to get wider as more cockiness seeped into the teeth. Don't you dare... No...don't worry...I won't do anything...he'll feel NO PAIN! Don't even think about it. Please, Tadashi.

The Familiar stopped grinning just as quick as the grin appeared. "Maybe I should ah, take a break. I'll be waiting outside, Rengeki." Tadashi quickly changed into his raven form and took flight, to him it must have seemed easier to fly out than to really scoot out of the booth that still held both Hayate and his Master. Hayate really left a scar on Tadashi's pride. What made it bigger was that Rengeki had refused to let him take action. The Genin lowered his eyes and sighed. His arm hurt, his partner just ran out on him, and to boot Hayate had been the reason. I'm sorry, Tadashi.

"Sounds like you set yourself up for a lot of workouts, Hayate-kun." Rengeki couldn't help but move his shoulder at the thought of having to do all that. His training mostly consisted of Tadashi and him always fighting. Through that, the Genin had gotten quite used to fighting hand-to-hand, but had none of the speed or power to keep up with his Familiar or teammates. The pain shot up his arm as his shoulder shook. Dang it! Just let it relax for a while, and while you're at it calm down about that guy. He pissed me off, but you're not as hot-headed as me. I'm glad that you'll at least still talk to me, Tadashi. Whatever, I'm nobody's pet! We're partners, he had no right to say some shit like that! We help each other to become stronger, remember? Yeah, okay.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:13 am

Hayate watched boredly as Tadashi 'suddenly felt the urge to fly'. It was slightly amusing to him that despite his cutting remark, Tadashi still refused to show Hayate exactly what he really thought of him.
'Question is...why...?'

He sighed heavily, the regret of letting his true self leak out. What the fuck had he been thinking?! This was no way to make friends; it had started out as a joke in his head, but somewhere along the way, his own arrogance slipped in, as if he was directly challenging Tadashi. There was just...something about that stupid bird-man that set him off, something that made him want to be normal for once...

A slight heat began to build up on the back of Hayate's neck, and he winced slightly, trying not to touch the hidden clan mark on the back of his neck. Someone, one of the clan elders, no doubt, was trying to tell him to behave, that they had seen everything, and he was going to be "scolded" later.
"Fuck," he whispered frustratedly, slamming the tea down on the table.

'I need to apologize, and make things right, and quit hanging around Rengeki and his little demon, before-'
'Before what?' whispered a tiny voice in the back of his head. 'Before you show someone, anyone who you truly are? Before you quit lying to yourself, and everyone around you?'
He shook his head rapidly to rid himself of his strange thoughts.
"Faron-kun, where and how did you meet Tadashi? Is he a ghost?"

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Rengeki pretended not to hear Hayate's cuss. It wasn't directed at him, but was it directed at Tadashi? The Genin was admittedly slightly confused about it. He wouldn't tell his teammate he'd heard though, even if he was sitting beside him.

It was when the Yuurei boy asked that one question that Rengeki went alert. "Faron-kun, where and how did you meet Tadashi?"

How I met...Tadashi? I don't remember, that's weird. I thought that I'd known him since I was a kid...no wait. I'm thinking of Renji. That's even weirder, then again they are alike. Rengeki wondered why the question suddenly bewildered him. But he'd have to set that aside so that he could give Hayate an answer. It surely wasn't so long ago that the Genin had forgotten right? It was...one? No, two years ago! "Two years ago... Right after Renji had died." That's right, isn't it? I met Tadashi after Renji died. Yeah, definitely. "How I met him... I'm pretty sure that Tadashi was the one who came to me. I don't remember how he appeared." But how can I forget? A second ago, I remembered it perfectly. "I was still miserable about my big brother dying. I couldn't stop crying. I was just in my room, sitting on my bed doing nothing but bawling over it. Rengeki clutched his head with his left hand. Why were his memories of Tadashi and Renji mixing together? "The next thing I know, someone hands me the necklace that Renji had given me, the one he made with his own hands as a good luck charm for me when I got my headband. I looked up at who it was that had held up the necklace. I was..." Tadashi's face, looked a lot like Renji's at first. For only a second...then it seemed like... "When I'd looked up I could have sworn I was looking at a mirror image of my own face. Yet, I wasn't smiling, not like the face was. My eyes weren't dark blue either, they're light blue." The Genin was beginning to feel a bit strange about these thoughts. It wasn't shown on his body, nor his face. His mind had to be playing tricks on him. "I was definitely not looking at a mirror, I was looking at Tadashi. I can't remember how he came into being, or why he looks like me. But he called himself a Familiar. My Familiar, who's name was Tadashi. He said that was his name, because it meant 'loyal', and from then on he'd be loyal to me. I guess you couldn't exactly call that a "meeting" could you, Hayate-kun? But that's how it happened. He was just there, and I don't ever remember him being there until then."
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:21 pm

An icy, prickling chill crept down Hayate's spine as he listened intently to what Rengeki had to say. This was a wild story, but it wasn't as if it was total fantasy; Tadashi had been here in solid, tangible reality, and if there was one thing any Yuurei knew about, it was the difference between intangibility and solidity. From what Rengeki described, though, Tadashi HAD to be a ghost...didn't he?
A summon didn't just walk up and swear their allegiance, without pomp and circumstance...and Tadashi was no pet.
This idea of a familiar drove a slight splinter into Hayate's subconscious, a seed of disbelief and distrust that was subtle, but intense, below the surface.
Why did it bother him so, that this 'ghost', this "familiar" had aligned himself with Rengeki?
From the sound of it, Tadashi had simply showed up just in time, right when Rengeki needed him most-
The back of his neck stung sharply again as he clapped a hand to the clan tattoo branded into his skin. He had applied the skin toner to hide it this morning, as he always did, but as he feared, the glow and heat emanating from the mark threatened to expose it.
His eyes watered slightly as he turned away, not wanting to meet his gaze.
"Your brother...what was he like? Did he protect you?"
A small part of Hayate did not want to know the answer to his question; it made his stomach churn to ask...

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:04 pm

Rengeki took notice of Hayate's sudden grasping of his neck. But, knowing him, Ren just tried not to bring it up. Please tell me you'll be okay, Hayate. The boy begged in his thoughts.

Hayate suddenly asking what Renji was like, was definitely not what the boy had been expecting. My brother. Yeah, he did protect me. A lot. Wait...I thought Tadashi protect me? Renji...Tadashi? Th-they both...protected me...yeah. They both did. "Mhm, he did. Renji usually would when I was in trouble. He was a Taijutsu expert too. Taijutsu...Tadashi uses it as well. The style that Renji used...it was the Totem Style, right? Tadashi uses it...so what did Renji use? "Ugh." He groaned, this was strange. Every second, every memory he had of Renji and Tadashi seemed to be coming closer to being one. Yes he...no it was him! It had to...no, no wait... "Damn it... This isn't like me to forget this much about them both." His head started to hurt. His own mind was spinning. Rengeki's throat seemed to go dry, but his hand just couldn't seem to find the tea cup. Renji? Tadashi? Where are you? At the same time, his thoughts turned to Hayate. His hand was covering the back of his neck. Was Rengeki's mind trying to suppress something so badly that it was turning the boy's attention toward something else? It didn't matter, but Hayate did seem to be in pain. "H-Hayate-kun, are you...okay?" He whispered. But whether his voice found his team mate's ears or not, he couldn't tell.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Hayate's eyes widened as the color drained from his face.
If his sneaking suspicions were correct, this kid and his familiar...not to mention the brother...
He slowly forced his hand away from his neck as he snatched at his teacup with a shaky, pale hand.
"You're very lucky, to have someone to protect you, and care about you, Faron-kun. I'm sure Renji would have- no...I'm sure he is very happy with the progress you've made."
He beat back the tiny pin-pricks of jealousy he felt for his teammate; Though Hayate's family was large and close-knit, and his clan was even larger...his older brother would kill him in a heartbeat, if the price was good enough to please their father, and the clan elders. Yet this scrawny little kid had a brother who would beat back demons from hell to save his little brother...
"Can Tadashi read minds? Anyone's mind?"

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:52 pm

The color nearly drained from Rengeki's own face when he saw how white Hayate had turned as he reached for his own tea. What was all this about him being the lucky one here? Hayate had a family much larger than his. And...my progress? Renji being happy about how far I'd come? But how would he...know? Just what conclusion did you come to, Hayate-kun? He thought.

Without a doubt, the boy's mind was too shaken to think straight, a moment of silence passed between them. Rengeki couldn't help wondering what went on in his teammate's mind. In the time that passed, the boy sipped his tea with his left hand. Maybe it could have woken him up, or at least made him think straighter.

"Can Tadashi read minds? Anyone's mind?"

The sudden reply caught Rengeki off-guard. "Read...minds? Well, yeah. Mine at least. Tadashi and I have a sort of empathy link, or mind link, or whatever you want to call it. We can hear each others thoughts and feel what the other feels, but it only works when we both want to know what the other is thinking or feeling. It's been there since we 'met'. Are you okay?" He was, indeed, generally worried about the Yuurei boy.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:02 am

Hayate waved away Rengeki's concern.
"I'm fine," he murmured softly.
His fingers drummed against the sides of the cup as he tried to smile reassuringly at Rengeki. He had come to his senses; Rengeki was not to be envied; he was to be pitied.
His mark no longer burned harshly as thoughts of 'common sense' flooded his mind.
How naive and ignorant of the world Rengeki was...how fortunate Hayate was to know exactly what the world was like, what the world expected of him...and what he knew to expect of the world, in return.
How his family wasn't traitorous, merely prosperous and driven in their desire to provide Kumogakure...no, the world with exceptional shinobi...was that so wrong...?
'YES' screamed a voice in his mind, before it was promptly crushed beneath another train of thought; this time, about Tadashi.
Somehow, Hayate believed that Tadashi was a ghost; a frighteningly powerful hybrid of emotion and spirit. It was a wild thought, that Renji's ghost and Rengeki's desperate need...no...his love, his love of his brother...was that what Tadashi was made of?
Unanswered questions, all about Tadashi threatened to pull his mind apart. He tried desperately not to think of Tadashi; whenever he did, the mark on the back of his neck began to burn.
It wasn't clear to him why, and something about this particular instance, a base instinct, told Hayate not to tell Rengeki, or even Mamoru, what had occured in his head.
His brother was only a brother by day...by night, he cared only for himself; as all of them did. The real Mamoru; the teasing, lighthearted protector had died a long time ago...when the elders decided to brand him. With every child that was born, the age of branding got lower and lower; he himself had been branded after his first year in the ninja academy...
'Mamoru used to be like that...'
He tried to rid himself of these stupid, weak, foreign feelings; his lower lip trembled as he mentally scolded himself.
'Yes, Mamoru "died" a long time ago. But he was reborn, into a great shinobi. As he was reborn, so was I. As he is great, so too will I be. That's the end of it.'
The change in attitude was almost instant; Hayate sat up straight, his reassuring smile fixed firmly in place as he waved his hands sheepishly.
"I'm fine."
He looked around the chair to the front door, frowning slightly.
"If it's not too much trouble...could you ask Tadashi to come back in? I should apologize...

Zero

Post by Zero » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:01 pm

It's still the same, even with Hayate-kun saying he's okay, my memories just keep mixing. Renji and Tadashi. It wasn't right. Yet they both...what's going on with me? It didn't seem nearly as horrible as it felt for Rengeki to be forgetting the differences between his brother and his Familiar. The very idea of this seemed to bring more pain to the boy's face, but he forced his muscles not to frown and he forced himself not to cry. It hurt, but it would be even worse if he broke down right there in the tea shop.

Hayate wanted Tadashi to come back? What had brought this on? Either way, Rengeki complied. Hey. The boy's thoughts called out. Leaving, Ren? N-no, not yet. Why don't you come back inside, Tadashi? Something's disturbing you. What's wrong? Please, just come back. Alright...but I want an explanation as to why I feel so much sorrow suddenly coming from you. What did that bastard do? The last thought from the Familiar was layered with venom straight from his fangs. It's not him, I want you to come back inside. I need an explanation, too. Tadashi's thoughts didn't come for a few seconds, and Rengeki could feel his confusion. No doubt he was considering why his Master wanted him back. His answer didn't come until suddenly he seemed to be right back in his seat across from Rengeki. The boy didn't notice him walking in, but there was little disbelief that Tadashi had waltzed in without throwing a slight glare at Hayate.

"So." He said. "What's the deal?"
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:34 pm

'What's the deal, he says. Crap, where do I start?'

Hayate fought the stream of questions threatening to burst from his lips, downing the rest of his now-cold tea almost desperately before quietly speaking to Tadashi, his eyes downcast.
Never before had he stumbled for his words so; he promptly shut his mouth to string a sentence together; he wasn't going to be taken seriously if he couldn't even speak without a nervous stutter.

'He probably hates me very thoroughly by now,' he thought bitterly. 'Even if he is the key, he wouldn't help me...but how to...'
He fiddled nervously with his fingers; it was a rare, strange sight, to see Yuurei Hayate, the charming, cocky "Ghost Clan" prodigy...acting his age.
"Tadashi-kun," he started, his calm, velvet tone trying desperately to hide the shaking fear beneath it, "I wanted to apologize...I was very rude to you, and I'm sorry..."
His bottom lip trembled again as he looked Tadashi in the eye, the lazy confidence he carried with him coming back, slowly but surely.
"I was talking to Faron-kun about how you two met, and about his big brother...but his memory is a little fuzzy, I guess."
He spoke slowly and deliberately, watching Tadashi closely for any sign, any reaction...
"How did you and Rengeki meet?"

Whatever mental link or bridge Rengeki had with his 'partner', Hayate hoped he had the sense to close it now; they wouldn't get anywhere if Tadashi simply parroted Rengeki's answers by reading him.

Zero

Post by Zero » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Geez, stuttering? Guess his mouth finally fucked up too. Suddenly I wish I'd have spiked that tea he just gulped down. What the hell? He's addressing me as 'Tadashi-kun' now? Just what shit is he pulling?

The sudden word 'apologize' felt like a bullet to the Familiar's head. At first he was leaning back in his seat, now he was upright and alert, his eyes lost their anger and his own head told him to shut up for once. ...Can I even say he was rude when I was the first to reject him? Hell, that ain't like me to actually admit to a mistake to anyone besides Ren.

"His memory...fuzzy? About Renji and me of all people?" Rengeki, you two talked about that? How could you forget Renji and me? At first the boy didn't answer. ...Whatever you can think to me, you can say with your own lips to Hayate, Tadashi. The Familiar was once again shocked. "Yeah, I gotcha, Ren." Tadashi looked to Hayate. "Alright, so you want to know how Rengeki and I met, huh? Can't say I remember much, either."

"Liar." Muttered the Genin at his partner. "You remember it perfectly, I know you do!" His voice was starting to crack. It felt as if he couldn't hold something back anymore. He'd only talked to Hayate about it for less than half an hour, but already it felt like something was about to break. "You already know what's going on inside my head. Say it right now, so that even Hayate-kun can hear the whole thing!" Tadashi could see, and regretfully feel, the tears welling up in his Master's eyes. The sight suddenly gave him more guilt than he'd felt the day he made Rengeki look just like Renji. The main reason was because of Renji's memory. Tadashi lowered his head, silently wishing he didn't have to admit this in front of someone who wasn't even the least bit involved, that Yuurei kid. When the Familiar finally raised his head, his dark blue eyes had changed. They weren't just dark blue anymore, they were midnight blue, but somehow these foreign pupils seemed more familiar to the Faron child than anything else. The voice that the Familiar picked up when he spoke, wasn't his either. "To think, you actually found out, little bro." This voice made Rengeki's ears perk up to hear it again. For he'd been without this sound for more than a year, a sound that he'd wanted to hear for so long. "I'm more proud of you than ever, nii-chan." Somehow it was enjoyable, but painful for the boy to finally hear it again. The tears built up even more, finally piling over and running down his cheeks. "Onii-san..." He muttered. Tadashi, speaking as Renji would, his eyes just as Renji's were, smiled at Rengeki as if it really were Renji sitting across from him.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:41 pm

Hayate's heart wrenched as Tadashi...Renji's words brought a strikingly familiar scene to mind.
A tiny black haired boy chasing after a tall young man in front of the academy...
Bundles of test sheets in his bony little arms, all marked with bright red 100% scores as he held them up proudly, laughing as the young man wordlessly swung him through the air and placed him on the ground, kneeling to whisper in his ear-
"I'm more proud of you than ever..."
'Bravo, Hayate,' hissed a voice at the back of his mind, 'but what good will it do you now? Is this what you wasted precious minutes for? Reuniting a little lost boy with the guardian right under his nose? Pathetic.'
The prickling on his neck grew cold as he felt a slight streak of jealousy rising once again. Hayate tried his best to stifle the distracting, foreign emotion as he squirmed uncomfortably in his seat. He turned to Renji, assuming that despite the obvious change that had taken place, his last name was still the same.
"Faron-san," Hayate's voice cracked slightly from sheer desperation, "please, I need to know. How is it you came to be this way? What keeps you here? Can you read minds? It's really important, please...please..."

'Help me,' he wanted to say, but his pride as a Yuurei clan member, no matter how young, simply would not let him say the simple words with any level of sincerity.

Zero

Post by Zero » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:11 pm

"For starters, you don't have to refer to me as 'Faron-san. You can call me Renji. Just straight up forget the honorific, Hayate-kun." Now, the figure that was apparently Renji seemed much more lax than Tadashi. There was no air of arrogance, or cockiness, or even the slightest bit of distaste for Hayate. Renji Faron was sitting right across from a boy he'd hated as Tadashi, but now deeply respected because he'd helped Rengeki understand. "Before I say anything else though, thank you. Thank you very much for helping nii-chan while I wasn't myself, Hayate-kun." Renji sighed and looked at the pendant that still hung around Rengeki's neck. The elder Faron pointed at the necklace. "That was why I was able to do this. The pendant that hangs from my brother's neck. Before I gave it to him, I used a Ninjutsu that I myself had uncovered in an ancient scroll the previous Raikage had given me before his death. It allowed me to seal a part of my soul into an object, at which point, my soul fragment would become active at my call. This was preparation for the day I died, I never knew how long I'd be alive after my brother's becoming a Genin. So I gave it to him sealed with a shard of my being so that when the time came, I would be able to stop his tears. However, when I did die it was just then that I activated the seal. I never managed to fully complete the hand seal to activate the soul fragment before my enemy cut me down. I thought that I'd practically screwed over my little brother. I'm glad it turned out like this though, the hand seal may not have finished being formed, but instead of completely negating the activation, it was delayed. It was during that delayed timing that my soul fragment came to change and turn into that which was Tadashi. Through this, I watched Rengeki's tears fall one by one, but I could do nothing. Then, I was released, but I was not myself. I was this Familiar."

At this point, Renji took a breath and gave it a second. He himself had to recall. "Becoming Tadashi was difficult. It hurt me greatly, distorted my mind and broke my being. Yet, I became something that would be able to watch over Rengeki and comfort him. As more time passed after the activation, I also began to regain who I was." "That day in the forest, when you called me 'little bro'. By then, you had already regained enough of your mind to act as you really were, but you chose to stay Tadashi to me. Why?" Tears choked Rengeki's throat as he finished his sentence. Renji gave him a sorry look. "I just wanted you to get over my death before you came to realize who I was. The whole time though, I was amazed by your immense progress. With Tadashi you stopped crying so much, you stopped being so afraid." "But I could have been so much more if I knew it was you that was with me the whole time!" The more youthful Faron truly did break down. He was staring his brother straight in the eyes, but his pain kept dissipating the longer he looked into the color. A moment of thought passed between the two Faron and Rengeki's tears began to halt.

"To your other questions, Hayate-kun, I'm kept here because my soul is still linked to the pendant. Which is also why I always made sure Rengeki had it with him. As for mind-reading, I fear I cannot. Nii-chan's mind and mine hold a link that allows thought, images, and emotions between us. This 'Empathy Link' with my brother is the closest thing I have to mind-reading. My apologies. If I can do anything to compensate, just tell me. Okay?"
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:55 am

"You're lucky to have your older brother back, Faron-kun."
Hayate's words slipped from tightly clenched teeth as his mind raced through the limited list of options he now had. It wasn't as if he was thinking as methodically as he usually did; seeing Rengeki with his 'protector' had stirred something in him, something foreign, almost illegal to him.
His tone went soft, rambling inattentively as he went lost in thought.
"Having a brother who is caring...who protects...it's important, to normal people? It is...but what..."

So lost was he in his musings, he did not notice one of the waitresses behind the counter watching him carefully as she held a finger to her ear.

"Toun-sama," she whispered, "Hayate-sama is...weakening."
She nodded for a moment, before her eyes widened.
"Toun-sama! Are you certain? He's just a boy! Mamoru barely survived his, and he was a jounin whe-"
She nodded meekly as she pulled her hand away, turning to mix a dark blue powder into a small cup of tea.
'Hayate-sama...I'm so sorry...'

Back at the table, a slow grin slid across Hayate's face.
"Faron Renji, can you tell me more about this sealing technique? How does it work? Can you teach it to me?"

Zero

Post by Zero » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Somehow, Renji didn't like those words. Unlike Tadashi, this Faron had a good sense of a person's character. The dead man sitting across from Rengeki cross his arms. "That's something that I can't do. Teaching it to another without the Raikage's permission was strictly prohibited. It was the Raikage himself who had given the scroll to me, and so granted me the right to know this technique. Besides, it's one beyond your skill. Maybe someday you could learn it, maybe I could teach it to you myself by then. Although," He said with some regret over the last word. "as Rengeki's Familiar, I am unallowed to teach another without his permission. Not only this, but I cannot perform it in my current state either. Bits and pieces of my memory and power are missing, so many shards that I'm no better than a Genin myself."

"How, Renji?" Rengeki finally spoke up, still somewhat choked up but recovering a bit now. His brother lowered his eyes again, somehow the younger Faron felt as though his brother held shame about this subject. "As it was only a shard of my soul, not my full spirit, that I placed into the pendant, I am not my full self anymore than I am as strong as the Jounin I once was. I am bound to Rengeki. As such, my skill might closely mirror his own. Until he becomes stronger, I will be just as weak as he is. Until he reaches his full potential, I will not reach mine." The Faron brothers locked eyes with one another. So now... I might be physically stronger than you, just like before, but not to such a degree as it once was. Now, my power is reliant on yours. Your emotions, your progress, will all empower my own. Why do I get the feeling that you're gonna push me harder than ever? Renji smirked, not like Tadashi's arrogant smirk, but one that Renji himself had. It lacked arrogance, lacked the cocky enthusiasm, but it did have a strong confidence in it. C'mon, I thought you knew me? Has our two year separation weakened our bond little brother? Rengeki couldn't help by smile at this. "Not in the least, Onii-san." He said.

To anyone who didn't follow what just happened, it might have seemed something really random to say for no reason. "Alright then, we start training tomorrow morning, early Rengeki. Hayate-kohai, when you become a Jounin, I'll be able to train you to use this Ninjutsu as well. There will be three conditions. The first, is that I will also teach my brother this Ninjutsu, so you two will be learning it together. Follow me? The second, is that before you learn it I will require you to swear absolute allegiance to Kumogakure no Sato. Swear on your life, your soul, and your being. This is a condition because this is a Ninjutsu that I myself might actually be unallowed to use it. What with the new Raikage and all. I also ask this so that you will not betray Kumogakure at any point in your life." He gave the young Yuurei a stern leer. "The last condition is that you cannot teach it to anyone else once I have taught you. These rules go the same for you, Rengeki."

The Genin looked back and forth from his brother to his team mate. "Hayate-kun, why do you want to know this jutsu, anyway?" The boy didn't ask this from suspicion, it was more along the lines of naivete. He could tell that Renji also wanted to know, but would not question Hayate at this point.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Hayate hid his displeasure behind a cheerful, eager smile.
“Well, I guess I have something to shoot for, Faron-senpai. I’ll do my best to become a jounin quickly!”
’No matter the cost.’
He stared at his empty teacup and waved expectantly at the waitress behind the counter, motioning his order as he listened intently to Renji’s explanation.
Though it wasn’t at all what Hayate wanted to hear; he supposed he could wait a few more years…it wasn’t going to change his goal.
‘Only as powerful as Rengeki, huh? A very useful thing to know.’
He blinked awkwardly as the conversation lulled suddenly; from the way the Faron brothers had locked eyes so intensely, it was safe to assume the conversation had gone to the ‘mind link’ Rengeki had mentioned before.
’Kinda rude…psh, I’m right here…seriously?’
Hayate, meantime, was playing around with the idea of Renji’s skill being directly linked to Rengeki’s skill level. This was well and goood, but how skilled was Rengeki, truly?
After all, he assumed he knew the boy’s combat skill as well as Rengeki knew Hayate’s level of skill…and that certainly wasn’t true, not by a longshot.
A disturbing idea wormed its way into his head as he watched the silent conversation with that calm, easy smile he usually wore.
Could Rengeki…be stronger than him…?
’Unacceptable. Completely unacceptable.’

His mood perked up considerably at the mention of early morning training; why not ask? It was worth a shot. Mamoru didn’t train with anyone in the mornings anymore, but maybe…
“Faron-senpai, can I train with you too? I’ll cooperate, and be on time, and everything!”
’You can bet your ass I’ll be attentive, too.’
Hayate nodded eagerly as Renji rattled off his list of conditions; he wasn’t absolutely crazy about them, but now was not the time to show it.
Learning the technique alongside Rengeki seemed more trouble than it was worth, but if that’s what it takes, he thought, then fine.
He had plans for the technique, he was certain; those plans didn’t involve running around the village showing it off, so the third condition was no problem.
It was solely the second stipulation that Hayate had trouble with; he was extremely careful not to show any sign of hesitation; Renji was not as naïve as his brother, and might have heard the rumors…
’A funny rule, Renji,’ he thought, ’but my fate…my future…is out of my hands; whether I betray this village or not is not my choice…never has been, never will be.’

Hayate was not surprised at Rengeki’s inquiry; he didn’t normally like to stand out, or ask questions that made him stand out, but it wasn’t as if he had much choice.
Asking Renji to teach him the technique while Rengeki wasn’t around would have looked even more suspicious, though; this was the trustworthier route. But what to tell them, what to tell them…
Hayate drummed his fingers on the table as he smoothly addressed Rengeki; curious though, his eyes never left Renji.
“The technique sounds really cool, don’t you think so, Faron-kun? If Faron-senpai taught it to us, it’d be a privilege. Besides, my mother could use some reassurance; she never did want me to be a shinobi; too afraid of the lifestyle.”
The lie slipped quite nicely from Hayate’s tongue; it nearly disgusted him how easily and efficiently it had come to him. The years of training he’d had in concocting lies reassured him slightly, but…
Why was it suddenly such a big deal to lie to them…?

Zero

Post by Zero » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:17 pm

To train with us? I don't see why not, Onii-san. You're still too naive. However, I'm a bit curious about this one. He's got an air of deceit about him, brother. Stay on your toes if you plan to fight alongside him for long. You never trusted him as Tadashi either. Well now I have the mind to justify my reasoning. Renji gave a nod and a smirk to Hayate. "Fine, you can train with us. I don't really see why you'd want too though. All Rengeki and I ever do is fight. However, I can't say this won't be fun, adding one more to make it an all-out brawl!" The elder Faron laughed. Somehow, the younger one never understood but, Renji had enjoyed combat. Breathed the air of war! He could look at the blood that he shed, but even without smiling, it was easy to tell he enjoyed it, to a certain degree anyway. Despite how kind a brother he was to the soft Rengeki, this Faron had a real love for battle, but a hatred for needless bloodshed. Perhaps he enjoyed seeing the results of his fighting because of the reason he'd done it?

Whether you like him or not, Hayate-kun has my trust. Good. I'd rather you fight alongside someone you trust, rather than a person you've no faith in. Renji clapped his hands on the table and stood. "It's settled. Hayate-kohai will train with us, on occasion. Maybe you could brush up on your Taijutsu by watching him, younger brother." He said with a chuckle. Rengeki sighed. :This jutsu might be cool to you, Hayate-kun, but I gotta say I'm against it." "Oh-ho! So you've caught on already, eh Ren? You're right. The catch when you use this, is that you can only use it once. No splitting your soul into more than one thing at a time, and you can't do it again just after you've revived either. Your soul has to be full if you plan to use it. Just like why I can't use it myself, at this point." How did you know? Whenever you make a deal, I remember you always having a catch to it. One that either enabled you to take back what you gave at any point, or one that would end badly for the other person if they ever betrayed you. Bingo, sharp as a kunai. Just as I expect from you. Keep up that keen mind, Rengeki! Explain the rest to him, Renji. The older boy looked over at Hayate with a sly look in his eyes. "Almost forgot one thing." He said with a tinge of mischief in his voice. "To be able to revive at all, you need to have been linked with another. The only reason I was able to, was because my brother willed it. His wish was made because the pendant was with him. You have to have the person who's bond with you is strongest will you back through the object in which you have sealed your soul. Nice catch, ain't it?" The last line was filled with absolute sarcasm, something you really would expect from Renji if you knew him well enough. Maybe it was this sarcasm that was the main reason for Tadashi's birth.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:19 am

It took a fair amount of discipline to keep Hayate from leaping over the table and introducing Renji's face to the heel of his foot. He instead tapped his head thoughtfully as he smiled.
"I'll keep that catch in mind, Faron-senpai," piped Hayate cheerfully, pretending to ignore the sarcastic tone in Renji's voice.
It seemed that despite his memory loss as 'Tadashi', Renji's irritating skepticism had held strong, even after death and soul splitting. As much as he'd hoped the skepticism would leave, it looked as if Renji's cautious ways were here to stay.
That could potentially throw a wrench in his plans...he already had the trust of one Faron, true, but the challenge would be to reel in Renji.
Hayate grinned mischievously at Renji as he held his hand out to shake.
"I look forward to training with the two of you...I enjoy a good challenge, don't you, Faron-senpai?"
'I look forward to turning you into an asset, Renji. The challenge will be well worth it.'

He thanked the waitress as she brought another round of tea, placing a steaming blue cup in front of him. He lazily eyed the white curl of steam rising from the teacup before reaching tentatively for it.
"I wonder if Renji met Mamoru before..."

Zero

Post by Zero » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:25 pm

You're exaggerating it, brother. He doesn't know that. I didn't either until you just admitted to it. I should have called that bluff. I'm gonna tell him, you know. Nah, lemme toy with him just a little longer. I think he's pissed at me! Renji's thoughts were layered with a teasing trait that was similar to Tadashi's, albeit a bit different considering Tadashi was even worse at it than Renji. That didn't stop the elder Faron from busting out laughing at Hayate.

Renji didn't shake the boy's hand, instead deciding to leave him hanging. "If fighting solo is you're thing, how do you expect to get very far as a ninja? There's a reason that we have 3-man squads, plus a sensei, Hayate-chan." There was also a reason Renji used chan instead of kun like he had in the past. However, it was more along the lines of teasing the young man about how stupid it was to fight alone. "Teamwork is a strong part of fighting as a ninja, haven't you noticed?" He left it at that, however when Hayate said something else that caught Renji's ear the elder Faron gave the Yuurei an estranged look.

"How is he? Mamoru-kun, I mean. It's been a long time since I've been myself, and a long time since I've seen my old partner." Except that time when Rengeki, Tadashi, and Hayate-kun with Ren-chan and Mamoru-san actually met here. Then again, I can't even remember that well because of Tadashi... Weird. I just realized something. Tadashi is still the dominant here, but...it seems he'll have a few mental problems with my consciousness here now. Renji could tell suddenly that Rengeki had just felt that thought. The boy had a bewildered look on his face as he looked at his older brother. No worries, nii-chan. I am myself, and Tadashi is himself. The confusion from the Genin's face went away as he understood.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:04 am

Hayate fumed silently. Who the fuck did this idiot think he was? For the love of god, it was widely known throughout the village that the Yuurei clan was no small order; between both of their experiences, Hayate knew damn well that his experience with "teamwork" was much more...indepth...than Renji thought it was.
'Arrogant bastard.'

Hayate downed the tea in front of him and slid the cup off to the side, smiling sheepishly.
"Ne, ne, you're absolutely right, Faron-sama. I mean, I have much to learn...perhaps training with seven brothers and sisters was not enough?"
He coughed slightly, and thanked the waitress, who had been inexplicably loitering near their table...?
She smiled and handed him his familiar blue towel, before bowing polietly and rushing off.
Hayate mopped at his face and nodded understandingly.
"I suppose it is stupid to fight alone...I wouldn't really know...I usually train with my cousins, when I'm not...um...well, sleeping or watching my little cousins, haha!"
'Fucker.'
"Ne, so he wasn't kidding? You really were teammates? That's really cool, Faron-sama! I mean, he told me that you guys were a team, a real team...something he'd been proud to be a part of, the way you had each other's backs, the wa-"
Hayate stopped himself abruptly, realizing he was rambling, and laughed lightly, not managing to hide a light blush of embarrassment.
"I-I am sorry...it isn't really my place to...yeah..."
He bowed his head and timidly poked at the table.
"It's just that...lately, he's talked about wanting to join the Sky Guard...and he doesn't have time to train with me, anymore.
My big sister is training my younger sisters for the Kunoichi Study the academy is running, and...I admit...I wanted to train with Rengeki and Tadashi..."

Hayate's silver tongue coated lie after lie with his natural thirteen year old innocence and excitement; even if this 'Renji' was a good judge of character, he'd be hard pressed to refuse him now, teasing or not.

Zero

Post by Zero » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:44 pm

"Oi, so the Yuurei bloodline is as thick as ever." Renji shrugged. "I swear, you guys have too many priorities. That family is more like military school than anything." "I think that overdoes it a little, Onii-san." Rengeki said to his brother.

"Hoo, if you'd known Mamoru back in the day you wouldn't be disagreeing with me nii-chan. He was a bit of a stiff when I met him. Crazy as hell, though. A bit like Hayate, just less poison in his mouth, I guess. That, and the fact that he was more the solo type. We fought like crazy, several rounds a day. By the time we'd finally finished he'd won six fights and I had the other seven." "Why would you go thirteen rounds with Mamoru-san?" The dull voice of Rengeki sounded off again at his brother. He couldn't believe something like that, even from Renji! "Cuz like your buddy over there." He pointed to Hayate. "Mamoru was a real brawler. Our fights were sort've annoying, even to our third member. Our sensei didn't like it either, she would usually throw us in a pit and make us battle it out there! Oh the fun times just pass by way to quick, I tell ya." The elder Faron laughed. "But yeah, by the time we became Chuunin, we were much closer. Even after our promotion we were on the same team, of course our sensei wasn't with us but our third member hadn't changed. Kou-chan, I really miss her." A small frown crossed the lips of Renji's mouth. It must have been the memory of this "Kou-chan" he just mentioned.

Something that Hayate said caught the Faron's ears. A few words that just sparked a glare from him to the Yuurei boy. "The Sky Guard?! Are you serious?! What ranged weapon has he trained himself in? Mamoru, my god is he nuts?" While the ramblings kept coming from the guy, Rengeki calmly sipped his tea and looked at his brother trying not to laugh. Never had he seen him lose his cool this badly.

Meanwhile, Rengeki turned to Hayate. "If you want to train with us then you're welcome too, I'm sure Tadashi wouldn't mind. As long as Renji calms down soon." The boy threw a quick glance at his crazy brother who was across the table sitting back in his side of the booth mumbling something about 'ruined plans'. Rengeki's only guess was that he and Mamoru had planned to join the Sky Guard together one day. It was sad they never got the chance. And what about this 'Kou-chan'? The boy was very curious about this subject.
Cleared

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:34 pm

“Our clan values the…ah…benefits of being prepared for any and all situations, Faron-senpai. Is that so wrong?”
Hayate smiled grimly. Rengeki had no idea how close to the truth Renji was; the Yuurei clan was known for their high expectations of their shinobi, and though no outsiders knew the specifics, it was no great secret that their day-training sessions were intense.
‘Mama always said by night we made military training look tame; ‘intensive, extremist spartian training’, that describes night training perfectly.’

It was more exciting than Hayate wanted to let on; hearing stories about Mamoru at his age. He had idolized his brother back in his academy days, and listening to Renji reminisce about ‘the good times’…Hayate was hard pressed to look bored and uninterested. Inwardly, his mind was racing with memories of his brother; images and moments stilled in time bubbling up to match Renji’s nostalgic descriptions.
Mamoru had been better at his “act” than Hayate was, for sure; he had never drastically broken character for anything…always an iceberg; he showed only the amiable, competitive nature that made up the minimum of who he was.
His brother had never pulled a punch against any opponent, always eager to spar and chat up anyone he saw fit, constantly learning and gleaning what information and experience he could from skilled shinobi around him.
Hayate flinched slightly as Renji hinted at the very idea of Mamoru losing more sparring matches than he’d won against Renji.
“Your numbers sound wrong,” he blurted childishly, quick to defend his brother.
“Mamoru wouldn’t lose more than he’d won.”
The back of his neck began to feel slightly chilly, and he twitched violently before he hung his head, coughing slightly.
Strangely enough, his head slowly raised up to meet Renji and Rengeki; Hayate’s normally yellow-brown eyes were a familiar shade of deep green as they stared incredulously at Renji. If the similarity between the Yuurei brothers hadn’t been obvious before, it was violently noticeable now. Hayate stared at Renji in stunned silence for only a moment longer before blinking owlishly as the green drained from his eyes.
Hayate shook is head briefly before looking calmly at Rengeki and Renji, as if nothing had happened.
”Uh, by Kou-chan, you didn’t mean Ueda Tokou, did you, Faron-sempai?
He hoped not. Admittedly, he knew a few of his brother’s acquaintances with a name or surname using ‘kou’, but Tokou-chan took the cake; she was pretty, sweet, and loved to play peacekeeper whenever she saw him sparring at the genin training grounds.
‘Naïve, silly broad. Obvious crush on Mamoru-nii-sama. Please, god, let it not be that twit.’

Hayate’s mood immediately perked at the sight of Renji so worked up over Mamoru’s prestige.
”Well, Faron-senpai, Mamoru has been a hunter nin for some time now, and he wanted to step up his game; as for his projectile weapon…”
Hayate’s nose wrinkled slightly in distaste.
“Well, I’m pretty sure Mamoru decided on shuriken. Our dad called him a wuss, but no one else would dare…he never misses a target, and there are ninja out there who call him ‘The Devil Hand’…he’s really good…”
It was almost cute how proud “little” Hayate sounded, but it contrasted so heavily with his ‘cool demeanor’…

Zero

Post by Zero » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:01 am

"Oh yeah, value value, blah blah blah." It was obvious Renji could have cared a bit less about Hayate's talking. However when he suddenly spoke up about doubting Renji's prevailing over Mamoru so often. He nearly bust out laughing. "He may have been strong to you back in the day, but I was on a more equal level with the guy. Even if I was just nothing more than a pair of fists. I was the strong arm of the team, and I definitely beat him more often than he beat me. Go ahead and check under his left arm, guarantee ya you'll see a cut scar there that I left after our fifth fight as Chuunin. If you ever remembering having some sign of a limp, it was the day I broke his right leg. Fight number three! He actually won that one. Even with his leg like that. If you didn't notice, I wouldn't be surprised. He had a talent that made it look like his wounds had healed up in a day. Tch, he could fake not having them for more than a few hours." Renji paid little to no attention to Hayate's eyes. Nor did he really care. He was still on memories of his "Kou-chan"

Rengeki sighed, had Renji really not remembered any of this until now? Tadashi and Renji were two different people now, at least mentally. Despite this, Ren already couldn't tell just who was the more level-headed of the two. Tadashi was much more arrogant, Renji was much more confident. They're speech patterns had few differences, but they're voices differed alot. Renji's being the deeper of the two, and Tadashi's apparently being the voice of a teenaged Renji Faron.

Renji didn't seem to be totally locked in the past as he heard perfectly the name Hayate mentioned. "Oi, you know Kou-chan? Heh, how she been eh, Hayate-chan? The two had quite a history, most of it with Mamoru, the few without the Yuurei were more along the lines of personal stuff. That was until she'd actually told Renji that she had a crush on Mamoru. Renji had actually been heart broken that day, he couldn't face either of his team mates when they'd met up later that same week. Although, it wasn't long that Renji had taken out his frustration. On Mamoru of course. It was the Faron's challenge that made battle number twelve. One of the one's he'd been the victor of. Although, it could also be said it was a tie because Renji hadn't dealt the final attack on Mamoru. Both combatants had been pretty beat up by the end. However, Mamoru was tired and was bleeding in several places along with bruises already beginning to swell. Even one of his eyes.

Renji had looked worse than that, but his anger kept him up even after his opponent was downed. But what had stopped him from striking the last blow? A spark of pain riddled the head that was Tadashi's. But it was Renji who felt the hurt, he couldn't remember, and maybe it was one spot of his memory that was incomplete because he wasn't complete. He shut up just long enough to hear Hayate's talking about the elder Yuurei's plans, and his title of Devil's Hand. Renji sneered. "He really did go on. Even without me." His tone wasn't as upbeat anymore, it was low as if coming from a wounded animal. Maybe that was just what he was. Wounded. Thinking back about how he had liked...maybe loved was a better word...Tokou, and how she'd hung out with him just because she was too shy to be alone with Mamoru, just seemed to hurt Renji more. The Familiar suddenly didn't seem to be in the mood to talk. Tokou and Mamoru had gone on without him...both had continued to grow and get stronger. But he...only he had to die. Could he remember why? I died because... The words hung in his mind as a spider from a web. I died because... It was hurting again, but this time the pain wouldn't throw him back, he had to know! I died because...because I just wasn't over Kou-chan. That mission that I'd sacrificed myself to save her, she had gotten hurt and couldn't jump from tree to tree. Mamoru and I, we had little to no choice to leave her. He wanted to go on ahead. Didn't he? It was him wasn't it? I...I stayed there...and I...I threw off her attacker. Gave Mamoru enough time to get her out of there...and then I...died. A barrage of kunai, tagged with explosives. That's right. I didn't see the guy, he came up behind me, stabbed me with the knife and pushed it in deep into my spine. He'd gotten away and detonated it, my last wish was that they got away and that Rengeki wouldn't cry.

"I didn't know that they'd count shuriken as one of the ranged weapons in the Sky Guard. They're so commonly used." Rengeki said to Hayate, unaware of what his brother was feeling. They're mind link wasn't exactly on level as neither of them was paying much attention to the other. "What sort of jutsu does he use with them?"

I'm sorry...Rengeki...Mamoru...Kou-chan.
Cleared

Return to “Chahitsu House of Tea”