Meeting of Illusionists

CorgiBro

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by CorgiBro » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Favoring the aromatic splendor of the tea house, Takumi felt that it would be most appropriate to meet someone held in high esteem in a place of social class. Clusters of people gathered in their own separate corners of the establishment, leaving the middle tables vacant and ironically enough, private. There weren't as many people as other days, which made it less of a hustle and bustle setting and more of a place to hold conversations of depth. Still, as always, the plethora of wonderful aromas filled the air. Peach, mango, jasmine, black and many other types of tea were being sold and allowed the smells to waft around to fill the nostrils of everyone who cared to take sniff.

As the young genin wandered inside, he caught a few stares before heading towards a table near the entrance and sat down. Soft green plush cushioned his butt as he sat, fiddling with his own fingers as he waited for the Jounin of Kumo to make his appearance. It was an honor to the young boy that someone of such high ranking would take the time out of their day to meet with him and speak about his experiences. The fact that the man, Hanappari Genkaku, was an illusionist was an even bigger plus, being that Takumi's ultimate goal was to as the man if he would be able to teach him the finer points of illusions. He also wanted to see if the man knew anything of the Gakidou's past, and perhaps his own origins, but that would probably be a bigger stretch than a slight apprenticeship with the man.

So there he sat, in silence and in wait, for the mysterious man to show and for their paths to cross.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters
Ueretsu, NobuoGenin of Iwagakure no SatoMissionsSocials

Satorose

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by Satorose » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:05 pm

OOC: Hello my name is Genkaku I have a 10 wit on that NSRP scale of SP, and yet my owner can't even freakin' type up a post worth a wit of 5, so I'm basically an idiot. However, at least he's funny which ya know, makes me slightly funny too!

IC: Genkaku walked into the tea house, smiling as usual. All around the Tea Shop people where gathered, but none more then on the outskirts of it. For whatever reason nobody seemed to want to sit in the middle, yes more eyes would be 'on you', but you would actually have a decent amount of privacy and not just have your neighbor hear every word you're saying.

First, walking up the counter Genkaku asked for a pot of steaming hot cinnamon tea. Once his order came he took it, and went to a nearby table that had sugar and milk. Taking a small bowl of sugar and small "pitcher" if you will of milk, Genkaku walked over to the boy he was supposed to meet. "Good Afternoon, Takumi Gakidou, as I'm sure you may already know, or well have been told, my name is Genkaku Hanappari, and it is my pleasure to meet a young Genjutsu expert like yourself."

Genkaku paused for a moment letting the boy reply before he signaled towards the tea and the extra glass that he had brought, just in-case the boy wanted some tea.
Name Village RankCompanionsMissionsSocialsHanappari, GenkakuKumogakureShura1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13Senju, AkioKonohagakureC-Ranked Missing Ninja-D, D, D, D, D, C, C, C, C, C, -

CorgiBro

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by CorgiBro » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Seeing that his soon to be acquaintance had entered the meeting place, young Takumi stood up in order to show his gratitude and respect. A quick bow and introduction later, he found himself sitting back down on the edge of the chair, having to readjust himself to find a comfortable sitting position. Sweat began to protrude from his forehead, which was conveniently covered by his aloof jester's hat. It was a small indication of his nervous state, which would soon be followed by his strange verbal habit when he became like this. He attempted to remind himself over and over not to rhyme, anything but rhyme. Stutter, spit, faint, anything but rhyme. Unfortunately for him, he opened his mouth and just couldn't help it.

"A pleasure sir, it's great to see, that you were able to meet with me. I dabble in the illusory art, in the academy I began my start," he rattled, instantly becoming red in the face as his eye contact went astray. He let out a nervous chuckled before trying to regain his composure as one of the waiters came over with a plain green tea. He left the kettle and two cups, along with a small container of honey and sugar for the two to utilize. Not being the tea connoisseur that most of Kumo inhabitants were, he took a full spoon of honey and added it into the tea before taking only a tad bit of sugar and adding it to his drink.

"I'm... sorry. I tend to rhyme when I get nervous. It's a character flaw of mine that I've been meaning to fix," he stated, ending up blowing on his tea, wanting to cool it down and take a gulp as soon as possible.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Satorose

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by Satorose » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Genkaku watched and listened as the boy replied in rhyme. Many people would find this odd, but Genkaku didn't feel the same way he actually found it quiet interesting... Then it hit him, it was the very thing he had tried to experiment with when he was younger. He loved to make music, music filled with rhymes and 'nasty/clean' beats. And as Genkaku aged he grew more and more out of making music and more into well, the ninja world. He aged and became an honorable shinobi, one of the smartest and arguably strongest in all the land. And not very long back he had attempted to make a Genjutsu that he could activate by rhyme.

Genkaku nodded his head as he heard the boy talk, and his grin extended from ear to ear. "Takumi, please we are friends are we not? Call me Genkaku! No need for this sir, non sense. However what you call a flaw, and what many other people may look at you for as 'different' can be your strength. You are from the Gakidou clan, which means you do not use hand seals as far as I know. You chant your Jutsu's to activation. So now I ask you, have you ever tried activating a Genjutsu while speaking in rhyme like that? You do it so well and it just comes off the top of your head, that you should activate your Genjutsu doing such a thing. Now for most people it would seem weird, and it would look like an obvious activation tool, but from you, from someone who speaks like that as a normal everyday form of speech! You could confuse even the brightest of enemies. I mean for crying out loud you could confuse me, and I'm the one telling you to do this!

I've always wished I could spit out a rhyme from the top of my head and let it come out like speech, I must practice sometime and become a master, that way I can use my rhymes to activate Genjutsu as well. But you, you would be wonderful at this I believe!"

Genkaku poured himself some of the tea that he had brought over to the table, and filled his glass to the very top. Not a single drop could be added by the time he was done pouring. Taking 3 sips from it simply to lower the tea's level in the glass, Genkaku then poured a small amount of cream, and threw in a few spoon fulls of sugar. As Genkaku stirred his tea he sat, awaiting the young Genin's response.
Name Village RankCompanionsMissionsSocialsHanappari, GenkakuKumogakureShura1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13Senju, AkioKonohagakureC-Ranked Missing Ninja-D, D, D, D, D, C, C, C, C, C, -

CorgiBro

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by CorgiBro » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:46 pm

The words of praise warmed the young boy's heart, flushing the red from his face, leaving only a tinge of pink to remain. Despite the complimentary distraction, he still caught what the man had to say about his clan. His ears perked in anticipation, but was let down somewhat by the fact that he had known all these things. It was something he had never delved into simply because he had no resource to confer with, but perhaps the man knew more about the clan than his initial statement. Not wanting to interrupt his senior, he allowed the man to continue speaking, sparking a few thoughts in the boy's head.

Although he had the ability to activate genjutsu using chants and incantations, most of his triggers for his illusions were visually based. He made a mental note to fix that, needing to practice and learn techniques that focused on verbal triggers, and maybe even physical ones, but that would be later. He focused his attention back onto the man, nodding as he finished speaking. There was plenty that Takumi could've followed up with, and yet his could only look to the floor before finding the confidence to regain eye contact. It was then the boy was hit with a realization; How did Genkaku know what clan he was from?

Of course, out of raging curiosity, Takumi asked, "How did you know what my clan name was? What happened to the rest of us and why haven't I met more of my family?" The words cut into his own heart, feeling like he was never truly in a family. It was as if Utsuga and Hitomi were simply filling in, unable to fill the void that had been left by his biological family. The thought was a sensitive one for the boy, but he continued on with the conversation, taking a sip of his tea before asking one more question.

"Are they... d-dead?"
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Satorose

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by Satorose » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:21 pm

Genkaku's smile quickly turned upside down :( . He looked at Takumi and frowned, the boy was asking about his past life, and Genkaku almost wanted to lie, to avoid the heartbreak, but then he decided it best for the boy's future if he knew about his clan's past.

Genkaku related all the events that he had heard about the clan and it's past, which was almost everything there was to know about the clan, from the glory days, all the way to the deaths of many members of his clan. And how only He and only a few others survived to this day.

".... But don't let that get you down, there are plenty of people who love and care for you Takumi. The Village is full of them, from your adopted parents even to myself. As for how I knew which clan you were in, well that much was simple, I have heard about pretty much everyone in this village, whether by reputation or from greetings. I have at least heard the name of almost all the shinobi here in Kumogakure."
Expecting the boy to cry, Genkaku stood up from the table and walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder showing him that he was there for him, and that everything was going to be alright.

CorgiBro

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by CorgiBro » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:35 am

No matter how much he wanted to prevent the tears from flowing down his reddened face, there was simply no way he could stop. Salty droplets streamed down, free-falling at first, but then following a singular line down either cheek. Sniffling followed soon afterwards and there was not much that anyone could do to stop his saddened fit. He brought his hands up to his face, covering it as if ashamed at himself for crying in a public place in such a distracting manner, especially with one of his elders sitting directly across from him. Genkaku's words of people that loved and cared for him should have at least hindered the boy's sadness, but they didn't. All he could focus on was the fact that his family was lost.

When he felt the hand on his shoulder, he was close to instinctively shrugging it off, but quickly remembered that it was Genkaku's hand that had rested upon it. There was far too much on the young man's mind to attempt to make sense of any of it. For the moment, he just needed to cry. To mourn for his family that he had lost so long ago, to praise the family that he had now. There was just so much that the boy needed to think about, about his family that had apparently been slaughtered by some crazed madman, what his parents were like, what they wanted him to do with his life. If he could just speak to them.

But he couldn't, they were dead.

Fighting in between the tears Takumi asked, "There's... nothing m-more you c-can tell... me?" His voice cracked in several places, but he was on the verge of calming down. Despite the fact that he was bawling in the middle of the teahouse, he was still adamant on having Genkaku teach him a few illusions in order to expand his own repertoire. Of course, it was entirely up to the man on whether or not we wanted to teach the emotionally unstable boy, not that he had asked yet.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Satorose

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by Satorose » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:39 am

Genkaku squeezed the boy's shoulder fondly, showing that he was there for him if he needed anything, before letting go of the shoulder. The boy asked him a simple question on whether or not he had anymore information on the subject at hand, but Genkaku did not... "No, I'm sorry Takumi, that is all I know. Become strong, learn the maximum abilities of your clan, let the world know your clan still exists and that's it's as strong as ever! And once you're older you can seek out the answers you want. Just wait and one day a young Genin will be waiting at the Chahitsu House of Tea for you. Looking for advice and knowledge, and you will be there with open arms for him or her as I am for you!"

And with that Genkaku concluded his speech. Looking the boy in his eyes for a moment then perking up. "Here come with me Takumi, I have something to show you!"

CorgiBro

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by CorgiBro » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:08 am

Takumi took the words to heart, learning that he would have to uncover his own past, and not rely on others to feed him the information. He would become strong, valiant and courageous. Though vengeance could not be his driving emotion, that much he knew on his own. If he was to track down his clan's killer, he must be clear of mind and must be able to focus in a drastic situation. But for now, he needed to grow into a stronger person, then a stronger shinobi. Though his tears trickled down his face, the crying stifled for the time being, as he stood up in preparation to follow Genkaku. He used his darkened sleeve to free his face of the tears, leaving sparking streaks where they had flowed. The fabric was a little rough, but whatever got the job done.

Now standing, he was ready to follow the jounin wherever he planned on taking him.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Satorose

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by Satorose » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:53 am

Genkaku watched as the boy wiped away his tears, then got up to follow him...

And so the duo left the Tea Shop, paying before leaving, and then thanking the owner for the kind service. Genkaku did a fast pace walk, as he led the boy to the location they were headed. Farther and farther towards the edge of the Village they both went, until they were outside of all of Kumogakure's defenses.

Genkaku continued to walk, these lands would most likely be brand new to Takumi, most people of his rank had never been this far away from the village. They continued walking until finally they reached their destination... the mountains on the far out-skirts of the Lightning Country. It was in-fact a long walk, but it was a beautiful sight indeed. Genkaku looked over the mountains and began climbing a small side of one of them so he could get a slightly better view. He signaled for Takumi to follow him as he spoke out, "Come on, Takumi, it's beautiful from above the ground level, and plus you can see all the amazing places that you can train around here. This is where I personally, and many other Higher Ranking Ninja from the Village come to train! Not many Genin or even Chunin for that matter, get the chance to see this place until they become much stronger!"

CorgiBro

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Blindly the young genin followed the man whom he had only met a few moments ago and was already shedding tears in front of. He weakly strode behind Genkaku as he made his way through the tables to towards the front and simply left some money there without any regards to his change, being that he knew he had overpaid. He wove back and forth through the empty chairs that had been left dangling on the outskirts of their tables, masterfully enough to get through the labyrinth bumping only two chairs in total. It helped that his head was still drooping downward with sorrow and grief filling his teenage heart, distraught by the news that he had just learned. If it were something that were less serious, he would've simply shrugged it off, but such a dire situation that he was helpless to remember made him feel useless.

He barely even noticed the border that they had passed, walking into the outskirts of the village. Mountainous scenery filled the peripherals of the young man's vision, though he couldn't be bothered to look. Although he would've been swept away by the beauty of everything, he was still dwelling on the past a little more than he should have. He tried as best he could to focus on himself getting stronger, and attempting to figure out what he needed to do in order to make that happen as he finally reached the end destination on this little excursion.

He looked up and was amazed at the scenery his vision held before him. It was all so striking to him that he could've even put details into words. Slightly listening to Genkaku, as if an afterthought, he heard that some of the stronger shinobi come out here to practice and train. It would've been the ideal place for Takumi if he were attempting to break stones or something to that effect, but his fighting style at the moment was more of a ranged non-physical way of battling. Though with such a resource, there was no way he couldn't use it. Just realizing that he had been smiling the entirety of the time he had been enraptured with the view, he turned to Genkaku and said, "I promise you that I'll be the best genjutsu user out there, one that will surpass even yourself and I will become stronger. I'll become strong enough to face my past and one day face the man who murdered my clan."

Of course he was being slightly melodramatic, knowing that it would be very difficult to track such a man down, but he figured it was something heroic to say.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Satorose

Meeting of Illusionists

Post by Satorose » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Genkaku watched the boy, ignoring the beautiful scenery around him, for he had already seen it plenty of times, however seeing the boys reaction was something he hadn't seen before, obviously. Watching him closely it was clear to Genkaku the boy was amazed, he was short of words, for no words could describe the beauty before the two shinobi.

Then the boy spoke up about how strong he would become, and how he would even surpass Genkaku. Then he concluded with how he would kill the murderer of his clan. Once again a HUGE smile from one ear to the other, formed across Genkaku as he spoke up. "Haha, and I wish you the best of luck with that. I'm sure you will in-fact pass me in strength one day and get revenge on the man who has done you so much wrong. You have the heart of 10 men easily, Takumi, but do not let that fool you. The tasks you have ahead of you will be full of pain and misery, nothing will come easy... Recognize this and you shall succeed in what you plan on doing. And I also offer you my services, if there is anyway I can help you in your journey to becoming a stronger Shinobi, please, just ask."

Return to “Chahitsu House of Tea”