Lonely: Turturu's Lesson

Turturu

Lonely: Turturu's Lesson

Post by Turturu » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:51 pm

“COCKADOODLEDO!”

The sun slowly rose from it’s hiding, eagerly awaiting to shine it’s blessings upon mankind and it’s companions. Slowly hidden beauty appeared as flowers on windowsills and in the ground blossomed to reveal their colorful insides, a vibrant display of colors which filled the barren grounds of Kumogakure with its own beauty. The mountains may have been cold, but it did not stop the villagers from making their town as colorful as the other great villages, proving that they are no underdog in all aspects of being a village.

Soon enough, the world was on autoplay as people began their days just right; a cup of tea and the Kumogakure News Headlines. Businessmen and shinobi came together in harmony over small talk about politics and the way the village was being run. Intellectuals began to speak of philosophical beliefs that they believe would help run any village more efficiently. Others countered them by speaking of a greater defense and rigorous training.

The doors to the Tea House were opened as Turturu walked in. His short stature and body build was frail compared to the much larger ninjas around him. Turturu still walked in with full confidence, as he knew that even if these shinobi were not acquainted with him, any sort of battle field would immediately create a bond of being comrades, and Turturu could rely on these people for the help any shinobi needed. He smiled as he propped himself up on a stool and awaited a waiter or waitress to come take a small order from him.

”Hello,” A young waitress appeared in front of Turturu ”What can I get you today sir?”

Sir? Though Turturu knew there was a rule of thumb that waiters and waitresses had to be nice to any customer that walked through those doors, as they were the root to their pay checks and possible tips. However, Turturu couldn’t help but feel mature as he cracked a smile upon his face. Even though he knew he would end up taking his usual, Unagi with cold water, he still looked through the menu, trying to enforce a fake veil of maturity upon himself.

“Uh yes,” Turturu deepened his voice a little “I’ll take the Unagi with a small water please. No Ice.”
”Alright sir,” The woman replied “You said the Unagi with a small water right?”
“Yes ma’am.” Turturu still tried to act mature “Thank you!”
“No problem,” She replied “I’ll be back with you in just a moment.”

Turturu stayed still as the woman went to go get his order. However his head wandered around listening in on several conversations of the other customers. He was awed by the stories of great adventures, especially the ones of a man two tables away from him. He had his hair covering one of his eyes and his hair was also a mess. He sported the Kumogakure flak jacket and he seemed quite proud. He raised his fist in the air and imitated a plane crash sound as he told he companions of one of his encounters. Turturu listened closely and was awed by the man’s story.

“They were everywhere,” He said “All these vandal were surrounding. You could sense their power even if you were just a civilian. I wasn’t scared though, I new that none of them could even dodge the Rairyuu Tatsumaki the way I control it. I did the handseals and BOOM! A giant dragon made of pure lightning smashes in on the group surrounding me, knocking them off their feet and from the looks of it, made them feel numb.”

His tables was filled with applause from his comrades. This man was a shinobi, but a man who spoke too much of his actions. Turturu knew that boasting was only a true sin within his clan. No other clan shared this with them, but this rule was worth it as the San Clan produced fine ninja. Turturu wanted to be amongst them, the greats of his clan, but he was still young so he had to listen to the boastful stories of the other ninja.

“Here you go sir,” The waitress had returned with his meal “That will be 15 ryo.”

Turturu had pulled out the twenty ryo that his mother had given him. He gave the lady 15 ryo and then told her to keep 5 for herself. She was most definitely pleased and went off to do her work with a little grin on her face. Turturu, then began to eat his Unagi, only to keep hearing, the stories. Even though the boasting was something that did not please Turturu, his inner and outer child wanted to hear these stories. He had gotten up with his food and made his way to the table of the man. He sat on the floor with his plate of Unagi on his lap and his water in his right hand.

“Hello,” Turturu said with a smile “I couldn’t help but hear your stories, could you please tell more. I’m a ninja too!”

”I see,” The man replied ”I could tell from your headband that you were a ninja. Listen kid, stories are great and all but truthfully as a genin what you should be intrigued in is getting better at what you can do, and learning to defeat what you cannot. These stories should be worthless and I only tell them as dumb pass times.

“I see,” replied Turturu “But these stories are so interesting, they tell me what I may or may not see in my –“

”See you may not see these in your life, but what you must see in your life is improvement,” The man said ”Remember that, always. You must realize that training to be better is better than any mission. Sit down here for a bit and I’ll explain that to you.

Turturu began to intentively listen to the man, who spoke about improvements are the great successes, not mission completions or rank ups. Turturu, who’s life was filled with great warriors who were unknown to the world, seemingly always wanted to have great stories, much like he was telling. However, Turturu began to realize that this man was speaking what his clan spoke of all along. He also began to realize why his family was not known as the legendary warriors they once were, they were to busy trying to surpass them and reach heights that they only dreamed of. This shinobi, also spoke of the same idea and Turturu realized that this should be his new motive, not to be a great shinobi, and to not surpass shinobi in the number of death counts or the number of wins, but in the hours he spent improving his skills. Turturu realized this valuable lesson, and decided he would keep it with him where ever he went.

Turturu got up and waved his goodbyes. He returned to his table and began to slowly finish his unagi and sipped his water in the same manner. Once he finished, he looked up to see the man disappear. He looked at the clock and realized that his time was up, and he had to get training, as the man said. As he walked toward the door, a familiar voice called to him. Turturu turned around, only to find it to be the waitress who served him earlier.

”A Jounin left a note for you,” she said ”He said you should read it only when you realize your true purpose in this world, not the purpose your parents or clan bestow upon you. And he said some other random crap, but I didn’t hear it.”

“Thank you,” He said “Well goodbye and take care.”

Turturu walked into what was now a busy day. The sun smiled upon him as it soothed him. Turturu closed his eyes and took a deep breath him. He placed the note inside his gi and went off toward into the great village of Kumogakure as he went to an open spot to begin his training. Little did Turturu know, that this encounter with the Jounin, the note, and any future encounters will be life changing, and that Turturu’s evolution as a shinobi will be much different than he ever expected.

~*Characters*~
San Turturu (Genin no Kumogakure) (Killed him off)

Return to “Chahitsu House of Tea”