A Distraction

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:32 pm

Succulent aromas wafted through the air of the tea house, filling the nostrils of the customers that resided within it. It was a little livelier than normal with chatter from all different sorts of people about all different types of conversation. Newcomers would singe their tongues on the steamy beverages while veterans of the drink would simply sip away as if the confines of their mouth were made of some reinforced steel. All of it added to the oriental appeal of the house with its ornamented chairs and tables, encouraging a community-styled atmosphere.

It was a strange place for the young introvert to be. The social climate was far too exuberant for his tastes, but he needed a change of scenery; a distraction from his routine. Chahitsu House of Tea was a common spot where Takumi justified meager social interactions. Most of the time when he came here, someone would sit next to him and start up a little chat, what with the friendly social norms Kumo had built for its village. His order was always the same, a mango tea with three drops of money and a half spoon of sugar. Such a sweet confection to counteract whatever he had felt bitter about.

An open table with a single tea cup and kettle atop its wooden surface was where the teenager took refuge. One hand fondled the handle of the ceramic cup while the other was being used as a headrest. An olive cap found itself on the balled up fist under his chin, acting as a sort of thin cushion between his skin. The faint hairs on his scalp indicated a cedar color, though a mass amount might've changed its perceived coloration. Dulled blue eyes with a tint of gray stared off into the distance while his mouth relaxed itself, giving him a look of boredom.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters
Ueretsu, NobuoGenin of Iwagakure no SatoMissionsSocials

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Leiko blew into the tea shop, quickly closing the door behind her. Shaking the cold off of her, she looked quickly around the crowded shop. The wind was brisk today and loud enough that it could be heard over the buzz of the shop. Not normally one for a crowd, Leiko was making an exception today so she could escape the outdoors for a while. Now it was just a matter of finding a place to sit down. With the extra crowd today, almost every table had at least a single person at it, if not more. Lei hesitated near the door a minute more before spotting a young man, looking bored and quiet at a table alone. Perfect. Sidestepping carefully and motioning to a familiar waitress for her regular, Leiko sat quietly across from the young man.

With a polite nod, Leiko addressed him. "Good afternoon, my name is Leiko. I hope you don't mind my joining you but it's rather crowded this afternoon and you looked like you wouldn't mind some quiet company." The waitress, familiar with Leiko, already had her drink and set it down next to her. Wrapping her softly shaking hands around the warm cup, Leiko lifted the cup to her lips, taking a small sip from it, allowing the hot liquid to warm her body from the inside out as she waited for the young man to reply.
My CharactersShow
B-Rank MNKatō, Tsubaki #DC143C #C82848
Sp. Jounin • Kirigakure no Sato • Araki Kiyo #DDA0DD
Akibushi • Heart Empire • Kimura, Misaki
Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Kazuma #00BF80

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Mulling over what he should actually be doing, like training, Takumi noticed the open door out of the corner of his eye. He shifted his gaze over to a woman, who was either roughly as tall, or perhaps even taller than him enter the shop. A soft chuckle left his lips as she looked back and forth for a spot to sit. It was as if a small animal was cornered with only a few options of escape, but the amusement left as soon as he realized that he was her exit. She almost seemed to saunter over in his general direction as he wished and prayed that she was simply meeting up with some of her friends. Unfortunately, she placed her bum directly at his table, already with her tea in her hand. All he could do was take a deep breath before giving the woman some type of answer.

"Go right ahead. The table was empty, though I doubt that any type of company is 'quiet'," he responded, slightly emphasizing the last word. More enthusiasm could've been heard from a half-dead zombie. Still he took a few more sips, allowing the sugary water to flow throughout his mouth. It was a his only vice in a situation like this one where the taling was getting louder. Still, he felt socially obligated to keep up some type of conversation with the probable kunoichi.

"So," he began with a pause, attempting to think up something to talk about. Nothing came to mind, so he left the silence in the air for his company to save.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Leiko felt a slight flush enter her cheeks at the young man's words. Of course this teenager didn't want her to sit with him and she was suddenly even more uncomfortable than she had been a moment ago. Crossing her legs and drinking more of her tea, Leiko kept her eyes away from this young man. Ordinarily, she would not take such an attitude from someone who was obviously younger than she but she had been the one who interrupted his peace.

However, not wanting to let his effort go wasted, Leiko quickly thought of something - anything - to say. "I'm sorry for the disturbance...I'll be out of your way shortly. I just finished a mission though and wanted to warm up before traveling the rest of the way home." Stubbornly deciding to say no more unless he spoke to her, Leiko glanced around the tea shop and who was in it. Many of the regulars, but some new visitors too. One in particular caught her attention. A man of her age sitting on a stool at the counter. She couldn't quite say why, but something about this man seemed off.
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Such an awkward tension began building between the two until she broke the silence with her words of apology. However, there was one word that caught the young man's attention. "Mission". It was a simple word that meant so much, especially since the ones that Takumi had gone on were monotonous and dull. In fact, he too had just finished a mission where he had to track down a duo of thieves, albeit it was earlier in the week. Though it was a stretch and a reach, it was a topic of conversation that could've been held without either of them falling asleep on one another. Before he spoke, he noticed her peering eyes, but only interpreted it as her attempts to find another exit.

"What kind of mission was it?" he asked, showing a little more intrigue. He had never really experienced a battle thus far, despite training for quite some time. "Was it dangerous?" he posed with a hint of naivety in his voice. In a very literal sense, he could only imagine what a mission past what was given to genin could be. His hand dropped from his chin and found itself covering his cup, now warming both of his hands.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Leiko moved her body towards the boy again, keeping her gaze on the strange man as long as she could. Finally though, she broke her gaze and smiled at the boy and his obvious interest in what she had been up to. Unsure of whether it was civilian interest or something else, Leiko decided to play into it. Anything to make the tension loosen some. Blowing softly on her tea and taking anything drink, she directed her attention directly at the boy, careful not to sound as though she was talking to a child.

"It was a hunting mission, a missing ninja that has been traveling in these parts for a while. I tracked him up into the mountains yesterday. It took most of the day to catch up with him and I wasn't able to get him until this morning." The young woman smiled and waved to get both of their teas refilled as she sneaked another glance at the man sitting on the stool. "It was moderately dangerous but luckily he was not as skilled in the snowy mountains as I am. There are certain tricks that come in handy when fighting in three feet of snow."
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Shivering suddenly, he took a sip from his tea to cool his boy, realizing that the cup was finally empty. While Leiko scooted her way over towards him, which he barely noticed, he poured some more tea into his cup. A faint bit of steam floated across the table before dissipating into nothingness. Heat emitted through the ceramic cup, forcing him to also cool down his tea by blowing into it. After he looked up from his cup, he could see that she had been gazing elsewhere before getting back to the question at hand. Though her explanation was a little more vague than he wanted, such grandeur and esteem could be felt from just thinking about the virtuous act she had done. Perhaps he felt a little more attached because it reminded him of the one who had slaughtered his clan; It was as if it was a surrogate situation and the one who had done the treacherous act was caught by Leiko.

At the end of her story, he chuckled a little bit. Such a quip was normally not that amusing, but something about this woman made him open up. He couldn't tell what it was, but it was... something. However, he couldn't help but now notice that her attention was divided. Peeking back to the front of the store, he surveyed the area and wondered what could've been so interesting. There were simply a crowd of people, nothing too out of the ordinary. Of course, being that there were so many different types of people, he didn't really notice the man Leiko had been keeping her eye on.

Turning back to the kunoichi, he began, "That's awesome. I've only done menial missions so far. Nothing amazing like you're doing."

Still the intrique piqued his interest and he then asked, "So... what do you keep looking at?"
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:55 pm

The chill in the room was almost haunting as it sneaked in every time the door was opened. It lent an such a creepy feel to the room, Leiko felt like locking the door to keep it shut. She smiled though when her tea was topped off, the newly boiling liquid mixing with the semi-cooled liquid to give the entire cup a perfect temperature. She held it up by her nose, allowing he steam to warm her cheeks as she inhaled the deep, woody fragrance. She smiled again at the boy and noticed that she had gotten him looking around the room now too. Making a note to herself to stop staring so directly at the man, Leiko turned her back to him to watch his reflection in the window.

A light suddenly clicked on about why he was so interested in her mission when he mentioned the missions he himself had been on. Leiko remembered those days clearly and she did not blame him for being interested. "Ah, yes, I remember those. But don't worry, soon you'll start in on higher missions and you'll get to experience more than you would ever hope to. While they are more exciting, missions like the one I was just on, they are much more difficult in ways that most do not expect. They require you to train yourself in patience and in inner strength. It's not always easy but it is well worth it in the end."

Leiko broke off her speech with an embarrassed shrug of her shoulders, rubbing her hands on the warmed outside of her cup as she wondered whether to tell the young ninja of her suspicion. She had almost decided not to when she relented, grateful that he had opened up enough to talk to her. She wasn't even sure of her suspicions so where could the real harm lay? Speaking quietly and without looking at the boy, she spoke. "Do you see the man, over by the counter? About six feet tall, dressed in all black with bright white boots? I have a strange feeling about him and have been keeping an eye on him since I sat down. I'm not sure why, but something just isn't sitting right." Leiko said all this while staring into her cup, hoping the ninja was trained enough to not stare directly at the man in question.
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:15 pm

It was somewhat difficult to hear her over the chimes and the chirps of the other patrons, but he managed to catch everything without asking for a repeat. During the silence in-between, he learned that the couple next to them had been planning their anniversary since he had gotten there. Normally their cheerfulness would've annoyed him to no end, but he was in a cheery mood himself, so he didn't mind. Another sip of his tea, tangier than he was expecting, warmed his body once more as he took in the words of wisdom. He sighed, knowing fully well that it would still be quite some time before he would achieved the rank of chuunin, but still wished that his current role in the shinobi world was less boring.

Without looking, Takumi attempted to remember the man that had been described to him. If he had remembered correctly then the man she described was sitting near the center of the counter. He was able to peek out of the corner of his eye without being too conspicuous, but that didn't allow for such a good view. Seconds later he let out a quick yawn, stretching his arms towards the ceiling as the hat that was resting in his hand fell to the ground. Falling towards the ground, the young genin leaned over and picked up the cap, stealing glances as he leaned down and while he leaned back up. Sneaking suspicions began to rise over him as well, not even thinking about whether or not Leiko herself was shady in character.

Taking more of a gulp than a sip, he expelled a mango-scented exhale and replied in a quieter fashion, "I see him. Does he strike a chord with you?" He attempted to use less direct words, as if speaking in code. In order to prevent suspicion on the two, he stopped attempting to look, figuring that the more experience shinobi kept a better eye than he did.

"So, what's on the agenda?" he asked, trying to be as vague as possible.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Leiko couldn't help but chuckle as she watched the young ninja try to catch a glimpse of the man. She was worried about him being seen, but she couldn't help but be amused by his tipping his hat off his head. She did not want to offend him though - she understood the draw to pick out the man, and so she made sure there was no trace of a laugh on her face when he sat back up to face her. This was easy to do when she saw the strange man in the window looking directly at the young ninja while he tried to catch a glimpse of him.

When he sat back up again, Leiko continued to take glances at the man in the reflection of the glass, waiting until he looked away to slip her forehead protector out of sight. Her companion's was easily visible but he was also young and as such was less of a threat. If he saw one on her, he might be more likely to make a scene if he was who Leiko was beginning to think he was.

"He does. But, I only thought I recognized him. Turns out that he's not my old friend after all." While she said this, Leiko looked very pointedly at the young man, hoping he would get what she was trying to say. Trying to make the conversation as normal as possible, Leiko continued speaking with him. "What did you say your name was, again?" Leiko took another drink of her tea, allowing the to liquid to fill her mouth before swallowing. "And, not too much. I was going to meet my friend and start a game in here, but it's a little too crowded and I would be too nervous of others getting involved..." Leiko could only hope the young man was smart enough to realize she was still talking about the strange man.
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:17 pm

He allowed the small silence to pursue a little longer for the sake of information gathering, taking the brief lapse in speaking to ingest the last sips of his tea. A sigh left his lips, this time simply because he had finally run out of his favorite tea. While Leiko did her nonchalant reconnoissance, Takumi tried to pick up a few tips and tricks, looking at how she used the mirror to spy on her target. Angles played a part in the spying game, being that he couldn't see the man and only the full right side of the counter. Nevertheless, he studied where her eyes went and how she positioned her body so that suspicion wasn't drawn towards her.

Nodding as she explained her situation with her 'friend', Takumi caught onto the coded conversation. There was a technique that would've been perfect for this conversation, but it wouldn't been an unnecessary waste of chakra, so he simply kept listening to the situation at hand. However, after she fully explained what she wanted, it might've been more of an opportune time than he had thought.

"My name is Takumi. Gakidou, Takumi," he introduce with a curt nod. Worries of whether or not she would've judged him based off his clan's history was up in the air, but that didn't matter at this point. "What was your name again? I didn't catch it the first time." It was a pointless question since he remembered it, but he wanted to keep the conversation casual.

"Perhaps we can play instead?" he offered, wondering how they would lure the man outside.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Leiko was relieved when he seemed to catch on. He started watching her, instead of the man and that was much better. She hoped that she could teach this young Kumo nin something that would help him along in life. "It's nice to officially meet you, Takumi. Leiko. Hayashi, Leiko." She spent a moment running his surname in her head, but quickly shook it out, realizing there were more important matters at hand. Careful not to arouse any suspicion, Leiko continued to sip at her drink, though she was now entirely uninterested in it.

The stranger wasn't paying any obvious attention to them at this point, but that didn't mean he wasn't listening the same way Leiko was keeping an open ear in his direction. Smiling at Takumi, Leiko spoke again. "That's a swell idea. It's actually a very simple game, but, it's not one I share with many." Leiko motioned for the boy to lean in close to her as if she were telling a secret. "I do not like to share this game with those who are not ready to play until the end - no matter the cost. I cannot stand quitters because they only end up being extra baggage. So?" Leiko did not mean to sound harsh, but she had to know if he was ready to fight if it came to that. She refused to be responsible for the well-being of a foolish ninja.
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Such risks were obviously going to be involved in the scenario and Takumi would've been an idiot to not consider the dangers. Heavy thought was put into the decision, though he needed to keep more of the upbeat tone of the conversation should anyone be listening in. "Sounds like a complex game, but I'm no quitter. You can count me in all the way," he responded with half a cheer. Being able to aid the woman in another valiant effort would be a precursor to what he would have to do later in life. His breathing became a lot heavier than it had been earlier, with conflict written all over his face. However, he was firm in this decision and gave Leiko a stern look. He was ready to play.

"Should we go outside to play, or should I learn the rules first?" he asked, raising the question. He was ready to take any and all orders from the woman, using this as a gauge as to whether or not he was ready for the life of a shinobi.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Leiko nodded slightly, seeing the determination written over the young shinobi's face. He wanted desperately to play the serious game, a desperation every shinobi faced and one that Leiko would never deny anyone. Besides, she didn't know how capable this man was and it never hurt to have someone to protect your back. With a wide smile, as though they were talking of nothing more than a silly game, Leiko began delving into the "game."

"Let's go over the rules inside before we go out and face Jack Frost. Rule number one - follow the leader. If I move somewhere, you follow. If you become the leader, I will always follow you. Got it?" Without waiting for a reply, Leiko went on. "Rule number two. Never try to win before you know how to win. Hastiness will hand you your ass faster than anything else in this game. And lastly, don't ever forget you're playing the game. Forgetting that might be the worst mistake you ever make. Any questions?"
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:42 pm

The instructions were crystal clear and yet his mind had become foggy, and his heart began to pound even harder. Harder and harder his heart beat as he attempted to keep his composure. Another sip from his cup only resulted in air being inhaled and yet he kept drinking simply because it seemed natural. Short breaths followed the false sip and he returned to his determined demeanor. "I'm game whenever you're ready," he stated, replaying the instructions in his head.

Something about the whole situation was somewhat comedic. They spoke of a game, while they toyed with life and death. Their loss would be their only while winning still meant that another might be dead. It was as if he had been playing the junior version of a game for so long and now it was time to play the actual version and he didn't know if he was ready. Negative emotions and thoughts needed to leave his mind so he attempted to think of any form of clarification. Everything was horribly direct and nothing needed further explanation, so he simply gave the woman a smirk and said, "Let's do this."
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:11 pm

Leiko watched the boy carefully as he seemed to make himself more and more nervous. She could hear his breath quickening and then becoming shallow again. She was worried that he was going to pass out when he finally relaxed and calmed himself down again. Leiko wasn't nervous, she knew what she was doing. She normally did not go and do this without speaking with village heads or officials first, but this time it was different. All the people in the cafe were in danger and that was a problem. Leiko wasn't nervous because her first duty was to protect the civilians of Kumo which was exactly what she was doing.

Leiko stood up from the table and tossed down enough money for both of their drinks. Motioning towards the boy, Leiko swayed over to the back door, twirling her forehead protector around as she passed by the man, giving him a good view of it, all the while pretending she had no idea what she was doing. She was rewarded however, with her instincts being correct, when she saw him start to pay as soon as she was walking through the doorway to the outdoors.

The cold wind bit at Leiko's nose and finger tips harshly, quickly beating away the feeling in them. Ignoring that though, she motioned for Takumi to follow her as she began running into the woods, leaving clear footprints to follow. "Jack Frost started paying right as we walked out the door. I'm almost positive my hunch is right and he's a missing ninja. I don't know what kind of attacks he specializes in so we need to get as far away from town as we can manage. What kind of jutsu do you specialize in?"
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:49 pm

Following instructions, Takumi began walking behind Leiko, each step in stride while his brain went into overdrive. There were many things that flowed in and out of his head, but he kept his face in its smiling state. As they walked, he pretended not to notice the man who was at the counter, inspecting his leader's movements. Eventually they made it out of the doorway and the cold struck him after being in the warmth of the tea house for quite some time. Shivers left his body but he toughed through it, listening to the jounin before beginning to answer her question.

"Genjutsu, the unsung art. I'm mostly useless when I'm the focus of attack, and I can attempt to tired him out, but not much else. I can hold my own against any of my peers, but I'm not sure how I'd fair against a missing nin," he explained, trudging through the path she left. Takumi then wondered what strength the man could've possessed, asking, "What rank is he?"
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:55 pm

"Hm. That's good, could come in handy. I don't delve into Genjutsu but focus mainly around Fuuton and Raiton ninjutsu techniques." Leiko continued tracking through the woods, a final destination in mind. The coldness was already beginning to numb her feet and she was worried about her companion's ability to block such a thing out. If he was only used to low rank missions, then he had probably never encountered anything like this before. But, that was out of her hands now and his as well.

She didn't bother looking back when she answered the young man, speaking over the wind. "I'm not positive. If he's who I think he is, then he left when he was a Special Jounin. However, there's no telling how much he's trained since he left. Again, if memory serves he deals mostly in Ninjutsu. This means that if you can distract him with your Genjutsu, then I can get him with Ninjutsu. Do you have any ideas?" As much as Leiko knew that she was in charge, she wanted to include Takumi in the planning too, considering this was his first ever experience of this sort.

As she waited for an answer, Leiko stopped walking and looked around the clearing they had just arrived in. She motioned for her Takumi to go to one end and she herself began making her way to the opposite side. She hoped that if he had any questions that he would ask them now, before they separated.
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Much like Leiko, the bitter winds and frosted snow was getting to the genin, but it was simply that time of year and he needed to tough it out. Thoughts began getting thrown in his head, and not very pleasant ones. Perhaps walking into the tea house on this day of all days wasn't his luckiest decision, but he would have to live through today to make a luckier one. Before he could get too lost in thought, Leiko snapped him back into reality with her response, intimidating him further. Not only would his first battle be one where he would come in unprepared, but one of great difficulty. If he survived, he planned on becoming a Chuunin the next time an opportunity rolled around.

Remembering that she had asked a question, he responded, "No ideas, but if you hear me saying anything weird or shouting random things, don't mind it." He had referenced some of the triggers to his techniques, but perhaps his words made her worry even further.

He caught her motion and began moving towards the indicated position. Trudging through the snow, he began walking, making sure to see the path behind him and where Leiko had gone.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:18 am

Leiko looked after the Genin oddly, after what he said. She wasn't sure what he meant by it, but it didn't matter right now. They had to get out of view before the missing ninja got there. Just as Leiko was settling herself onto the limb of a tree, the man showed up. He came into view, and stopped at the edge of the clearing and glanced around. He seemed to smile to himself before walking straight ahead again. "Alright, you guys. I know you're here. Let's not make this any more painful than it needs to be."

If possible, the air seemed to grow any colder, but Leiko took advantage of this and performed a quick set of hand seals before releasing the jutsu on the strange man in the clearing. She wasn't much of a conversationalist and saw no need to reply to his antagonizing. She only hoped that the Genin wasn't easily riled up either.
SpoilerShow
*Fuuton • Daitoppa [Wind Element • Great Breakthrough]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
After bringing their hand to their mouth, the user will then proceed to blowing a large blast of wind from their mouth. It can tear through trees and leave a path through the ground. It cannot break through a bolder however, can cause massive bruising and breaking bones.
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Just as Takumi took comfort in his own tree branch, saving his feet from the unnerving cold, Leiko had already summoned her first attack without any sort of hesitation. From his vantage point, he was able to observe what seemed like a great blast of wind rush towards the missing nin, sparking a sort of jealousy in him. His knowledge of ninjutsu was torn fairly thin, spanning a grand total of five useless techniques that hardly had combat usage. None of the five could be done from long distance and using any of his genjutsu meant that he would give away his position. He attempted to feign a sense of solace in allowing Leiko's strike to be a solitary one and waited for his own moment to strike.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Leiko made a low, growling noise to herself. She hated cocky bastards like this and she wanted this fight to end quickly. Not noticing anything coming from the other side of the clearing, Leiko performed another set of handseals, firing the bolt directly at the man's lower body, not meaning to kill him but merely keep him from moving around. However, and she didn't know how, the man managed to reflect Leiko's own jutsu, pushing it right back towards her. Half frozen from the cold and having limited space to move due to being in a tree, she was not able to avoid her own attack.

The shocking raiton hit her right in the chest and knocked her back, hard, against the tree trunk. Her head seemed to slam into it the hardest, sending a loud "crack" throughout the clearing. Her body slumped against the trunk before sliding off the tree and into the snow below. Luckily, there was enough that the fall wouldn't hurt her anymore, however, the young Genin was apparently now on his own.

The strange man spoke out again, this time speaking directly to him. "Alright, kiddo. You're all on your own now, so why don't you just come out and we'll make this as painless as possible."
SpoilerShow
*Raiton• Yama No Jutsu [Lightning Element • Rifle technique]
C-rank Ninjutsu
After completing a simple set of hand seals the user will either focus chakra into their bladed weapon or index finger. He or she then points their hand (or the tip of their weapon) at the target and fires off a high velocity bolt of lightning. The lightning bolt itself will only cause minor damage, but due to the speed of the attack the impact is more than enough to knock the air out of someone or send them flying backwards.
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Everything had happened so fast that it was as if Takumi was in an illusion, a nightmare of sorts that he was unable to escape. Lightning flew towards the man and then back at Leiko, causing damage that was unknown to the boy and essentially sending him to fight by himself. Breathing became short and shallow while his mind simply ran through whatever scenarios it could, instinctually trying to allow him survive a little longer. It was as if the man were the grim reaper himself, coming for the Gakidou, finishing up the dirty work left by some other nin long ago. The image of his dead family brought both resolve and fear into Takumi, but he managed to pull himself together long enough to enact some sort of plan.

Reaching into his right pant pocket, kneeling on the tree branch as if he were stalking his prey, the Genin pulled out a flash bomb while simultaneously pulling out a kunai from a holster on his left leg. His plan was simple and even crude, but hopefully it would be effective. From his crouched position, he sprang forward into view, throwing the kunai with a loud battlecry. Its swift flight was aimed towards the man's body where hopefully the larger target meant a better chance of hitting, but following right behind it as a mere blip was the flash bang. Upon contact with the snow it would go off with the icy crystals refracting its blinding light and increasing its intensity. Takumi didn't look at it directly, rather, looking more towards Leiko and keeping both the flash and the missing nin in his peripheral vision. It meant he would somewhat suffer from his own attack, but prevent his chances of dying.
---
Items UsedShow
1 Flash Bang
1 Kunai

4 Flash Bangs Left
4 Kunai left
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:17 pm

The man responded quickly to the Genin jumping out from the tree and quickly formed a set of handseals as he turned his back away from the attack. As a fuuton dome spread over the man, the kunai was deflected while he avoided the harshness of the blinding light. Quickly, the man turned around, speaking at the same time. "Common, little shinobi, is that all you've got?"

The man performed another set of handseals and slowly, a small ring of fire began spreading out from where he was standing. It moved fairly slowly, having to move through the mounds of snow, melting them away and creating a clearing full of mud instead of snow. Though the fire was moving slowly, the flames were tall and hot, and effort would be needed to escape them. The fire would, however, stop before the edge of the clearing, around seven feet from the missing ninja.
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Shaking his head to relieve himself of the mild blindness that he had inflicted upon himself, Takumi snarled as a dome surrounded the man and deflected his kunai. In retrospect it seemed like a fuuton technique, which could have explained the earlier reversal with Leiko's Raiton. Still, it was a small matter next to the fiery wall that began to creep closer to the genin. Its height in combination with its heat made it a formidable defense and offense, though Takumi knew just the trick to get over the attack. Hopefully there wouldn't be any surprises on the way downward, but he needed to add a quick distraction just in case.

Running towards the flames the Genin transferred all of his force upward, maximizing his natural jumping ability and yet still not reaching the peak of the flames. Quickly he channeled chakra into his feet, anticipating not clearing the flames off his strength alone. His technique allowed another jump, flipping over as his began his incantation. Easily clearing the flames he now found himself at the peak of the second jump as he finished the incantation. This time he reached into his right leg holster, pulling out five senbon. Loudly he yelled, "It's getting quite hot, don't you think?!" while simultaneously throwing the needles at the man.

---
Combat StuffsShow
*Bai Chouyaku [Doubled Leap]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
By channeling chakra into her feet and releasing it in a short burst in the middle of a jump, Takumi is able to, "jump again", increasing the range and height of their leaps. They can also use this to change direction in mid-air.

Otsunaaji [Spicy Taste]
D-Rank Genjutsu
After performing an incantation, Takumi will yell something with word, ‘spicy’, ‘spice’ or ‘hot’ in the phrase. Should the target hear him within ten meters, they will fall under the genjutsu. The target will feel as if they’ve just eaten something mildly spicy, which can cause different people to react different ways. Those who can’t handle spice might need to search for water and begin sweating, while those accustomed to spice might not be bothered at all.

5 Senbon used

10 Senbon Remaining
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Amy

A Distraction

Post by Amy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Leiko groaned loudly and rolled over in the snow, looking for the young Genin that she had brought out to the forest, apparently to die. She had immediately noticed the circle of flames and had guessed that both boys were in there. Pushing herself to her feet, Leiko slowly made her way over to the outside of the flames on the same side as Takumi

----------------------------------

Inside the flames, the missing nin nodded to himself when the Genin made it over the flames. However, he was unimpressed with the senbon, though he was not able to avoid all of them, being his twice - once in the arm and once in the side. However, he left them in his body as he opened and closed his mouth several times, feeling a sudden heat added there. He was already sweating from standing inside a ring of fire, and did not notice any other effects. "Very impressive, young man."

That was all he said before performing another set of seals, backing up towards the flamed behind him. Suddenly, the flames would all be gone and replaced with wind instead, all of which would move around the Genin, creating a type of tornado around him. However, the only thing this would do was move away all oxygen from around him, effectively suffocating him. The missing nin would not keep it there long enough to kill him, only enough to allow him to go unconscious. Meanwhile, Leiko stood behind Takumi, watching the events happen.
My CharactersShow

CorgiBro

A Distraction

Post by CorgiBro » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Smirking as he saw his senbon strike, Takumi fell to the snow with relative ease. He ended up in a kneeling position and was greeted with compliment. A scowl appeared on his face, followed by spitting, as if to reject the words coming out of the man's mouth. Though what he needed to worry about wasn't words, but the man's hands. They had begun forming seals and before Takumi knew it, the fire had dissipated and was replaced with some sort of aerial vortex that was sucking the oxygen from around him. Breathing became strained and difficult as each breath become more shallow. He could only attempt to put together some hand signs, but to no avail. The lack of oxygen forced a loss of consciousness and his vision slowly faded to black.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Return to “Chahitsu House of Tea”