[Graded]A date. Not so much like a date date though. More like a date.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Hayate was, undoubtedly dressed rather casually for the meeting he had been at the Tea House to attend. It was interesting to see the man in a white t-shirt and jeans. A powerful ninja looking like no more than a civilian. Like always he still wore his signature grey rain coat- his hood pulled over his head.

This hood, actually hid the fact that he was fully asleep, and had a pretty bad black-eye from what was probably a night of over-doing things. His flask was tucked away in his pocket, slightly visible hanging out. There was no doubt he had mixed his "medicinal elixir" into the tea sitting before him which was frigid by now.

Now, he may have been deep asleep, but there was a reason he was here. He had mentioned he would like to set aside a day in his itinerary to set a date with Etsuko. He had not mentioned why, but he wanted to regularly set these days aside to check her progress, and perhaps see if she was ready for his examination yet and placement into his squad.

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:01 pm

Etsuko wandered into the Tea House, glancing around a moment before noticing where Hayate had sat. She wandered over, quietly, and noticed he appeared to be sleeping. She bent down to get a better look at his face a moment, taking mental note of the black eye and moving around to the other side of the table.

She carefully picked up her chair a moment and dropped it hard, not a noise to draw attention, but just a small attempt to wake the man just before she sat down across from him. "A date, hm?"
CharactersShow
Masami Ren16ChuninKirigakure No SatoAiri , KazukiThe Blood Ritual
Shoshiki Hikari16GeninIwagakure No SatoN/ASplintered Glass
Hyuuga Ami19JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A
Kouseki Hitomi20JouninSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A
Satomi Mio18D Rank SamuraiFrost CountryN/AN/A

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Though the noise was made, and Etsuko smelled sweet, and looked pretty, the man didn't move, only mumbled something about. "pretty smell" in a hush toned, then rolled over in the booth. Yeah, he... was not only an idiot in his word choice, but he was a complete embarrassment at times.

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:12 pm

Etsuko grinned, motioning for fresh tea to be brought. She chose a nice green tea with a hint of orange in it, and Etsuko replaced Hayate's cold tea with a fresh cup of hot. She stared at the cup of cold tea, thinking a moment before a cruel thought entered her mind, and she jerked her hand so that the liquid flew out towards Hayate's face.

'Best I can do without a cold shower available.' she thought to herself.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Now, on a normal circumstance, the cold tea would jumped Hayate right out of his seat. Cept, he was wearing a rain jacket, with his hood pulled down. Rolling just as it splashed on him, it hit his hood, and he yawned. He was still for at least three more minutes before finally sitting up slowly. His arms stretching wide, his hand grasped the air- rather Etsuko... Confused at what was in his hand, and his eyes still watering and barely open from his yawn he felt around- suddenly pausing as his face became blue and he shot out of his chair like missile.

Hitting the ground, his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Oh, fucking, shit.

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Etsuko raised an eyebrow and looked down at his hand now grasping at her breast. Carefully she picked his hand up by one finger and removed his hand from her body, releasing his hand when it was a safe distance from her. "Frisky when we wake are we?" she asked with half a smirk on her face.

She relaxed in her seat and sipped on her tea, looking at Hayate, waiting for what would at the least be a sputtered apology, maybe something else, who knew with this guy?
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Slowly getting up and moving his hands about his awful bed head, he straightened himself out before sitting down on the bench. There was an awkward silence for about a minute, and as his face returned to it's normal color. He took a deep breath. Yeah. Alright. He completely pretended nothing happened.

"Shall we?" he said with a smirk. Probably the wrong choice of words, least timing, when he just groped her breast. After about a minute of staring at her intensely, he proceeded on their usual ritual.

"You had a nice night, yesterday. Your shift ended earlier than expected. No bags under the eyes, no outward signs of exhaustion... I don't strike you for the make-up type, so that means you had a good nights rest." he paused. "You seem to be unphased by my accidental sexual adv-" his voice trailed off and he stopped.

"You slept well last night and you woke up early and had a good start to your day."

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Etsuko chuckled. "I suppose I did, though I didn't leave the hospital until nearly three am. I don't work a set shift, I usually volunteer, which is best done later at night, when they get the drunks and injuries from fights in. I just try to help lessen the work load."

She crossed her legs at the knees, watching Hayate a moment, sipping on her tea again. "I'm unphased by your poor attempt at a sexual advance only because I'm used to drunks trying to grope me at work, though it could be that I should probably wear more standard attire than this at night, I'm sure my clothing doesn't do anything to help."
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:57 pm

Hayate buried his head in his hands. "It wasn't intentional you know." he muttered. So, these things happened a lot, he guessed. "I kinda was yawning and put my hands out, and well, wondered what one hand was touching and then, I saw and yeah I'm sorry." he drank the tea in front of him but it felt weak. Removing his flask he put some more of his "medicine" into it.

Squinting his eye he looked at Etsuko's clothes. "I don't see a problem with your clothes." He pointed to himself. "I'm much more scantly clad."

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 am

Etsuko couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah, most men don't have a problem with what I wear, it's usually my female counterparts or superiors that try to tell me I need to wear something more ninja-like and less club-like. Their words, not mine."

She sipped on her tea, noticing he put a bit from his flask in his and shook her head, but she didn't say anything. She wasn't comfortable with the fact that he drank so much, but he wasn't the first she'd ever seen that required a little bit every day just to help him get through it.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:08 am

Hayate looked up, a quizzical face on his look. "Well, it's not my man me saying I don't mind. You're a gorgeous, dynamite gal and clothes or no clothes don't change that. It's ninja me saying clothes can get in the way for certain combat styles." He sipped some more tea, and could tell she was thinking about his flask again. "It's weak alcohol, it's not even enough to get buzzed. It just helps calm me down, the obsession could have been anything, even cigarettes, or someone or choclate." He grinned widely hoping to remove the tension.

Sighing he smiled. "I was training all night, and I somehow acquired this black eye. I don't remember much, but I think I accidentally hit myself, or my sparing partner got annoyed at me." pulling his head down he revealed a pretty nasty black eye.

"Was sorta angry at first, but I decided it worked and it would be useful. So here's a test. Fix it."

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:17 am

Etsuko moved to sit beside Hayate instead of across from him as she reached into the pouch on her right thigh, withdrawing a small thing of ointment. "I don't actually have anything as far as jutsu go to heal these things, the best thing really is to put ice on it, or a piece of meat. But I do have an ointment that'll numb it a little bit and encourage it to heal." she said as she opened the ointment container and took a little on her finger before reaching up and dabbing some on the bruising around his eye, rubbing it into the skin.

CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:53 am

Etsuko had hopped to it, and began to fix his eye. She was close to him now, sitting on the seat beside him... she was very beautiful, and more importantly for a medic, very delicate. She handled the bruise carefully, and Hayate smiled as she fixed him up. "Get used to fixing me up after I come to you broken." he said with a chuckle.

However, the statement was somewhat too foreshadowing of what he wasn't about to say. "However I was really hoping... you had mastery over a life saving technique, the Mystical Palm one." he paused. "I cannot let you join until you have that." he said as his grin faded.

"But I'm happy to do everything in my power to help you train for that technique, and even your combat skills too."

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:22 am

"Well I'm always training." Etsuko told him, completely unabashed and seemingly unaffected by his comment about the mystical palm. "My goal is to learn as many Iijutsu as are available to me. I would certainly welcome the help. Aside from my Iijutsu the only thing I know is Shock fist, and I'm afraid that lack of knowledge would be the end of me in a real fight." she said with a sigh, finishing with the ointment and putting it back in her pack.

She sat back and looked at her handiwork a moment. "That should heal up rather well, there's no actual damage beyond the bruising." she told him.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:16 am

Hayate nodded. "Well, I'll tutor you in combat, I am a Raiton expert, and have mastered the most advance forms of it. Besides Storm..." he paused. Then scratched his chin. "I think I'm close to making progress on Magnetism... I know I have more jutsu then I need and way to little time to use any of them, but I would like to master it to prove my elemental mastery over Raiton."

He stared deeply at the table. "I need to prove myself worthy... so I can reach my dream and become... Raikage!" He gave a thumbs up. It was cheesy, but he cared for the people and really thought his strength and life could be used to shield them. Kumogakure was a broken nation and if change did not occur it would only continue to fail and decline at a steady rate.

He then pointed to his eye. "Besides, this isn't some drunken bash injury. This is from sparring. I can be your test dummy, I'll come broken and you can fix me up to test your skill. Warning though, I could be impaled sometime soon, so you should hurry up on that Mystical Palm!"

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:18 am

"To be honest I don't know what I want to learn for combat. I learned the shock fist just because it was simple for me." Etsuko said with a chuckle. "Most of my goals involve Iijutsu, not combat jutsu, but frankly I'm going to need both if I go out into combat someday."

She listened as he spoke of becoming Raikage and she couldn't help but smile. Not that she found the thought amusing, but it was a statement she'd quickly grown accustomed to hearing. When she worked at the hospital in early mornings, there came a time where the Genin were brought in who'd been training late or all night, brought in the next day for treatment, usually for chakra exhaustion. Only the hardest working of them had such incidents, and most of them, when asked why they didn't stop or take a break, would make this very same statement. She didn't speak of it though, thinking it might make him think she saw him as silly, which she did not. After all, eventually those Genin grew into Chunin, and Jounin. It would make sense to encounter a Jounin with the same dream.

But when he spoke of impalement she looked at him in a bit of surprise. "Why in the world would you get impaled?"
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 am

"Even a medic has to fight. I know you're gentle in nature, but when something you love, say this village, or a friend, or even some day your kin, is attacked... There's some wounds you won't be able to heal, so it's best you become strong enough to prevent them from even happening." Hayate said, his face growing solemn. If it was not clear now that his desire to become Raikage was not the same as many others, that it was not an individual wish but a desire to become strong enough to prevent anyone from harm, then, there was much yet the two had to share with each other.

Pointing to his face, he stared at Etsuko. "This is what happens when a lightning bolt almost impales you, and you're able to dodge down and to the side... then find out you weren't quite so fast, but your hearts still beating and you're not dead."

"A lot of lightning users in this world, and though lightning shocks, it is also the strongest piercing force we know."'

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:55 am

Etsuko merely nodded. It was obvious that he was very protective of just about anyone, she remembered the way he'd acted at the academy when she'd been pissy with him, and the way he'd helped one of her students. His protectiveness of others didn't seem to extend to family or friends alone, it seemed to extend to the village as a whole.

In reality she wasn't sure how to respond. She wasn't sure what her goal was, beyond being a medical ninja and healing others, including during a fight.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:15 am

"Hey." Hayate said gently, a tone extremely different then his usually commanding ton, his eyes tightened. "Relax okay?" he said reaching his hand out and placing it on Etsuko's shoulders. She seemed a bit off today. Returning his hand to his tea cup, he looked into the amber colour with trepidation. However, it's peachy aroma was highly redeeming and with a grin he drank it making note of it's sweet taste and it's warmth, which all came together for one of the most pleasing experiences he had yet... as far as tea goes.

"The tea here is always great." he said still relaxing. Suddenly with a change of pace he gulped it down, setting currency on the table, and headed outside.

"Let's see what you can do before we dismiss this meeting, shall we?"

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:19 am

Etsuko gave him a weak smile as she followed, suddenly very unsure of her abilities as a medical ninja. He'd already asked her once to use a jutsu she didn't have, a B Rank that she was no where near learning just yet. She she followed him she frowned slightly, wondering what he was going to ask of her, and silently thinking she'd probably fail that test too.

It's hard to pass a test when you don't have the right answer. It wasn't the first time in her career she'd questioned her chosen emphasis.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:27 pm

As the two made their way outside, Hayate drew his staff and pointed it straight to Etsuko- his eyes completely changed and instead of being that of a dreamers, they were deeply analyzing everything. "Without my lightning techniques, you are easily on par with me in hand to hand combat." Hayate said solemnly before, with a flick of his wrist lunging at her.

"You must think quickly in battle if you are not to be a liability!" he shouted, aiming his staff at her elbow.
UsedShow
[Courage]
C-Rank Taijutsu
By firmly placing his hand towards the end and mid-section of his staff Hayate will charge forward in a lowered stance, minimizing the potential targetable areas on his body. By minimizing himself into a smaller stance, this also allows him to make swift and small circular movements with his staff to block incoming threats and allow him to charge a target.

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Etsuko watched him, an odd look crossing her face when his demeanor changed, and when he suddenly moved against her. She was surprised, but not unaware, as she sidestepped, spinning once, her steps taking her parallel to his staff. One hand lightly touched his staff, the other touched the forearm of his arm that grasped the staff. The raiton danced across her fingers to his arm, Locking Touch was used.

The move left her almost nose to nose with him and she took a step back, her hands in fists in a ready position now, waiting to see if he would strike again. The look in her eyes was determination, but a confusion as well.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Shock Fist Style • Locking Touch
D-Ranked Nintaijutsu
Requires: 4 in control
The user will flood one of their hands with electric chakra that focuses on the opponent's muscles. A well placed blow will cause the afflicted area to be hindered in terms of joint movement for a single post. For instance, being touched on the forearm would hinder elbow and wrist movement. Being touched on the calf would hinder knees and ankle movement.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:17 pm

As Hayate rolled into his strike at her elbow, she stepped to the side and performed a technique- but he wasn't the only one. Swinging his staff at her legs and letting it drop onto his foot, he sealed his hands. A blue cloak of lightning embraced his body- this was the move of the greatest- the move of the Raikages. His arm was still limp.

Moving fast he slid low into Etsuko's legs, while swinging his now limp arm like a stun baton. "Adjust to every situation." he said as he moved into his attack.

"You cannot know what you will fight, so plan for everything." If his slide attack worked well, he'd pass her and then rise to his feet to grab his staff off the ground.

JutsuShow
[Raiton: Overdrive]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing a string of hand seals, Hayate will channel chakra through ought his body emitting a cloak consisting of a thick layer of Raiton chakra around their body. The chakra will then act as a light armor from weak projectiles like senbon or weak jutsu. At first glance, a higher level technique that does what genin techniques are capable of seems alarming, but the reason for the weak armor is due to the true strength of the technique being the electricity in the armor. The electricity charges the muscles and creates stimuli, allowing Hayate to move at a far greater speed, though this sudden burst of speed comes with a drawback- a loss of control. (+3 Speed/-3 Control) This lasts for up to five posts unless dismissed by the user.

[Raiton: Overclocking]]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: [Overdrive]
Once the initial cloak is created, Hayate can add more chakra with a string of additional hand seals. This extra chakra thickents the cloak of Raiton chakra around his body and allows it to gain additional defensive properties, capable of defending against stronger physical attacks and jutsu. If anyone makes contact with this armor they will be delivered painful shocks similar to a multitude of kunai ripping the area of contact apart. This lasts for up to five posts unless dismissed.

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:00 am

Etsuko had to take a couple of quick steps sideways to avoid his attack, her mind racing with what to do next. He might've sped up, but she doubted she'd be able to get her hands on him to slow him down now. Yet she had to try something. She didn't want to hurt him, definately didn't want to kill him, but she really had only one option in her arsenal of jutsu.
She formed the handseals quickly, focusing the chakra into her hands before she moved towards him again as he was rising, aiming for his arms rather than his torso, knowing the damage this technique could do if she got near vital organs. If she landed anything on his arms at least she knew someone at the hospital would be capable of healing him.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Chakra Scalpel
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: User's Taijutsu stat must be 5 or above
Perhaps one of the most dangerous and revered Iijutsu honed by medical-nin, the Chakra Scalpel is no precision instrument. After performing the necessary handseals, the user will begin to focus an ample amount of chakra into his/her hands. Once charged with chakra, the user will attempt to place his/her hands on the target. If the user is able to connect the entirety of his/her palm, the chakra will be released into the opponent's body, slicing tissue, organs and veins up to 4 inches from the surface in an area roughly the size of the user's hand. The skin remains unblemished by this technique, as it only causes small to moderate internal wounds. As this technique is dangerous and mostly uncontrolled, the precision needed to kill instantaneously is lost. The chakra used in this technique is highly visible when first activated and emanates from both hands for a duration of three (3) posts or until contact with the opponent is made.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Etsuko so far had been responding pretty well, and Hayate knew that she was doing all she could with her relatively-low experience in combat. Though he could have interrupted her seals, he let her finish, then let her lunge at him with her scalpel. In one move he sharply raised his arm up, his palm hitting at her wrist and aiming to knock her grip free and also shock her.

Still on the ground while doing this, he would aim his other arm at her left arm as-well, aiming to grab her and create a pivot point, as he jammed his feet into her stomach. If the move went well she would be shocked, a bit numb, and flat on her back on the ground, Hayate leaning over her, in control. At this point he would end his jutsu, then hopefully disengage from the fight and make his judgement on whether she was ready or not.

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:51 am

Etsuko bit her lip against the shock from Hayate's techniques, looking up at him from where she lay on her back trying to think of what she could do to get away, and coming up empty. The only thing she could manage was a feeble attempt to kick him in the ribs and, though that would likely earn her another shock, didn't particularly care. She was a slightly competitive sort and was rather annoyed just about now that he'd pretty much beaten her in just a few moves.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:06 am

Without his lightning up at this point, Hayate held her restrained and began to speak. "You did we-" His speech was interrupted by a sharp jab into his ribs. Wincing as his vision went white for a mere second, he put his forearm against Etsuko's neck, gently of course, before backing off. As he stood up, he threw himself down onto his butt and sat indian style.

"Well." he said wincing and grabbing his ribs. "I think you cracked my ribs. But, you are a medic, right? So perhaps you can redeem yourself by fixing them."

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:47 am

"What can I say? I'm not fond of being pinned down." Etsuko replied with a cough, rubbing her neck. She spoke in a joking tone but in reality she really hated being pinned down, gave her a sense of no control that she hated, and a vulnerability she hated even more.

When he mentioned her healing him she gave him a sheepish grin. "Haven't got that far either." she told him. "But I do know who is on staff at the hospital right now and exactly who to take you to to get it healed." she added.
CharactersShow

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:54 am

Hayates face went from a grin to a dead, emotionless and foreboding face. "You..." he spoke, his eyes filled with fury. It never really crossed anyones mind what it would be like to make Hayate mad. He was one of those balanced happy folk who tried his best to not let anger take over... the kind that held grudges... and anger inside of them... waiting for a release some day.

His eyes seemed to burn like flames into Etsuko- and then he sighed and his face went totally blank. "Yeah. I'd prefer you to take me there then. Just make sure you learn some more medical techniques, maybe work on your speed and strength, alright?"

MedeaMoirae

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:00 am

Etsuko raised an eyebrow at his obvious anger. She wasn't really that bothered by it, she'd seen tempers too often. As she stood up she extended a hand to help him stand as well. "You're the one who pinned me down." she muttered. "I can't heal everything." she added with a chuckle.

Once up, she'd lead the way towards the hospital, staying close to Hayate in case he needed help walking.
CharactersShow

Return to “Chahitsu House of Tea”