Play with fire [part 2]

A few hours after his fateful encounter with Yozei, son to the 17th Hokage, Gene meets yet another promising young Shinobi at the same location as part one. What will become of the encounter is a mystery but one thing can be said for certain; where Gene is involved, nothing will be so simple.

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Legacy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:48 am

"Well," said Gene as he adjusted the sleeves of his long Earthen colored shirt. Stripping the blue sleeveless haori had been no difficult task but for some reason, rolling back his sleeves and keeping them up provided him no shortage of annoyance. Finally, when he'd managed to get the damned things to remain rolled above his shoulder the young man sighed. "That takes care if that. Now, where was I?" Dropping down to one knee Gene rummaged through a black bag until he'd found what he'd been looking for; a simple, sleek black journal and an ink pen that had been wedged between one of many pages. Opening the book to an empty page he quickly wrote down a name and then circled that name twice over before closing the book and setting it down near the tree with the rest of his belongings.

Since his earlier run in with Yozei the sky had softened, bringing down the heat to a much more tolerable temperature and the lighting to a tone that wouldn't frustrate the eyes. Moreover, the comings and goings of those who'd either stopped to train themselves or simply to peer and pry at what was surely an interesting training session to be had between one Generation and the next, had all but been reduced to an ants march. Quiet ensued and for the first time today Gene could admit that he quite enjoyed the calm afforded after a work out. "I wonder what else the day will bring," he mused with a crack of his knuckles. In front of him, the battered remnants of a boulder lay in waiting for what was sure to be a grizzly beating.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Joker

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Joker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:14 am

Raizou ran a hand through his hair as he explored the training grounds. He had done some earlier today, but it wasn't satisfying, it wasn't the burn he had been looking for to begin with. It was tough, that was for sure, but he...Wasn't getting the same feeling after each and every session anymore. He could only get so much from practising on his own, teamwork was what was needed in this kind of case.

The kind of work that Raizou could only get from another person, to work together with them in order to surpass his previous limitations. It was then, he stumbled upon this one, this here training ground, where the ground was torn, and boulders were smashed up. It was here that Raizou found himself raising an eyebrow. It was some kind of work, most likely a more seasoned shinobi than he...Scratch that, definitely so. Were they still around? Could he still pester them for help? To look at his moves? It was things of that nature that revolved around his head before he nodded to himself.

He saw what he was looking for soon enough, a guy around his age, with wild-hair, and a sword. It seemed that this person was...Higher ranked than he was, Jounin perhaps? Chuunin? It was hard to tell from a glance, but he looked imposing in an indirect way, or perhaps that was Raizou imposing the state of the battlefield onto this guy. ”Hey there...Sir.” They were still a military organization afterall, some measure of conduct was required in communication.

”Was this you? I’ve been tryna train the whole day, but I haven’t really gotten anything out of it...If I’ll be honest, I could do more. Mind helping me out a little here?” He was still Raizou though, so there was always going to be that relaxed air around him.
My thread
Characters
NameRankVillagePlotboardsSocalsStat Total
Awai, RaizouGeninKonohagakure[S:0 A:0 B:0 C:1 D:0]3 115

Legacy

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Legacy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:21 pm

While he may not have noticed Raizou's initial approach Gene most certainly did notice that painstaking formal sort of speech that all but forced an involuntary cringe. Turning his head rightward to face the newcomer Gene was just about to go into a spiel on why referring to him as "Sir" was the wrong thing to do when he'd been promptly interrupted by the arrival of another -- this one a hell of a lot more outspoken than the person standing in front of him. Oh...kay. What the hell is happening right now? No, really...what is happening? To say that he'd been confused was a damn understatement but both discipline and a natural inclination to take things in stride prevented the Jounin from reacting outwardly to either stimulant. One thing was for sure and two things were for certain; this guy...with the scar on his nose, he would need to be made aware of the fact that Gene wasn't yet in his thirties or forties and that the use of terms like "Sir" well...it was just weird.

"Uh...hi there." Was all that Gene managed to say. Even after both had spoken their bit it was almost like the silver-haired young man was stuck in time still trying to process exactly what the hell was going on around him. With an almost distant aloof expression to boot one would have been hard pressed to say that he'd been the cause of such environmental damage to the scene around them. What followed next was a long moments pause preceded by the loud and obnoxious squawk of a passing bird and then...

"Who the hell are you both?"
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Joker

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Joker » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:37 pm

Raizou...Didn’t know what he expected, a subtle shift in the other man’s expression that told him that one of his words was off, but he didn’t have any real-time to think about which one it was when the newest person to join their circle arrived, he couldn’t put a finger on this one’s age, most likely...13? 14 perhaps. Just before a growth spurt, but he had a younger face than that perhaps. But what surprised him the most was the colourful vocabulary.

”Damn...What?” He was surprised, but he was definitely not the most surprised. Well, the other dude seemed to have frozen, until the squawking bird broke that silence. ”My bad, my bad. I’m Raizou, genin. I was training until just a little while ago, but I was looking for some kind of training partner.” He said rubbing the back of his head. ”What about you? You talk as if you grew up in some of the tougher villages out in the boonies.” He said raising an eyebrow at the other guy; probably anyway. He only heard words like that used so casually amongst veteran shinobi, and people who had grown up in tough places.

”Ah, I guess I should ask your name as well huh?” He looked back to Gene, in order to keep the circle moving, driving. ”But yeah, I gotta agree with the other guy, I’d really like to see how strong you are, sir.”
My thread
Characters

Legacy

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Legacy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:42 pm

I'm not going to lie, compared to a little while ago this isn't at all how I imagined my day going. On one hand, Gene adjusted his position so that his back had been facing the ruined rock while keeping either shoulder facing both of the two young graduates - hinting albeit with extreme subtlety at a possible unease with having anyone at his rear. This in turn would allow him to keep an eye on both of them while also having the consequence of the younger Genin poking Gene in his left arm's plated armor rather than his back, not exactly a pleasant feeling if he had to say so himself. This one seems a bit...gung-ho but I gotta admit, something about him reminds me of a young Zakuro. I wonder what he's up to these days anyway.

Beneath the black cloth mask a smile played across Gene's lips. They'd both given their names and in their own unique way, their rank on top of stating their intention. Both were in dire need of a beati---er, training and Gene with the days workload behind him couldn't have been more happy to oblige. Ordinarily he would have used the first opportunity he could find to jump ship but something about the way these two seemed determined --almost outright insistent on testing his mettle had spoke to the Jounin's inner beast. Frankly, with as much crap that this younger fellow kicked up Gene was interested in seeing if whether or not he could hold his own.

Now it was his turn to do a bit of "pushing." When Hazik had attempted to fist bump him Gene did not return the gesture; partially because he'd known that no such person under that name existed in the village and secondly, he wanted to see how the boy would respond. If he truly were a hot-head and wasn't just putting on an act then the Silver-haired Jounin imagined that this perceived slight would have been enough to give the guy a reason to really want to hurt Gene - that was the point. He wanted to know right off the bat what would make the guy tick, what would be enough to get under his skin and into his head? The same could be said for Raizou whom Gene had almost instinctively labeled as a push over due to his body language; at no point had the guy truly displayed a confidence in his claim of wanting to really test the waters with the Jounin and when compared with the stark contrast of Hazik's approach, one would have questioned if whether the guy was truly ready for what he'd been asking for.

Only when both were near one another and effectively opposite of himself would Gene again break his silence and address the duo. "So...the two of you are looking for a way to test yourselves, is that right?" His Auburn hues narrowed, filled with an ominous intensity. What the duo had not realized was that not only had they stumbled upon one of Konoha's top Jounin, they'd inadvertently provoked the HEAD of Konoha's most elite organization - the ANBU. While they both may have anticipated a challenge perhaps even wanting to be pushed to their limits; Mitsurugi, Gene had other plans....

"You've both given me your names and rank which means that both of you are serious about taking me on. Knowing this, I could not refuse such a request....however, I only give my name to those who are strong. " The implications were clear; if either of them wanted to learn anything further about this particular Shinobi, as Genin representing the leaf, they would have to showcase their power. "Now..show me what you can do." Assuming a simple combat stance, Gene spread his legs shoulder length apart but kept his hands down opting to not guard his face or torso hoping that it would have the effect of provoking them to attack. It was a dangerous strategy for sure when dealing with two complete strangers but that was just the kind of person Gene was - any button worth pushing would be pushed if he could help it.

Incidentally, what neither of the two could have ever known was that it would be this exact moment where Gene would find his first inspiration for his first ever novel. Razik's gutsty behavior and Raizou's quiet determination all but screaming to the man's inner artist.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Joker

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Joker » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:58 am

Fade? He knew what a barber was, and he knew it as some kind of haircut, but...This guy certainly was colourful, but it seemed to be a true trait of his personality, and not some kind of act. With a shrug, Raizou just had to accept it, though that was at least for just now. So he bumped fists. ”Sure, lets ‘run this guy’s fade’.” He said with a smirk, at least he had confidence, and that was the important part. Confidence that did not lay at the bridge of arrogance. This was going to be a good experience, but Raizou’s style was more of a stay back kind of deal. If they were to fight this man, then he would need to have an idea of what this kid could do, and support him.

”Only to the strong huh?” Raizou replied just as he had gotten into his own stance, he pulled out two kunai and held them in a reverse grip, his left leg before him, perpendicular to his left shoulder. But that was simply his stance, there wasn't much else to it beyond his wanting to get involved in a fight. His goal was to create space, that was what he should set out to do from the very start. ”Oi, Hazik.” He said the name. ”You take point, I’ll be rear-support, if you’re in over your head tell me.” He took command, as the older one. There was no point in keeping a secret, and giving away their positioning was a lighter handicap than not knowing it what so ever.

So he said that, and threw a kunai with all the force he could, he didn’t intend to hit with such a direct strategy, and instead hopped toward the tree-line, hoping that his partner wouldn’t go in directly. But from here, he would throw one and one move, assuming that he wasn't stopped from his run toward the treeline. He knew what he was good at, and what he needed to improve on, and it most certainly was close combat.
My thread
Characters

Diatenshi

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Diatenshi » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:33 pm

Masaru was not having good day, not in the least. Recently Iburo had been awfully chatty. A dramatic change from his usual silent one act. Add to that the non stop bickering had put Masaru on edge. His temper was starting to get the better of him. This morning Iburo was giving him shit for wasting his power.

'Now that I've recovered from the sealing we should work on your fire control. Lets go have some fun... A little bit of arson isn't so bad ...'

'You know.. I think I liked it better when you gave me the silent treatment'

'Now now is that any way to speak to your partner'

Masaru rolled his eyes as he made his way towards the training grounds. While he was reluctant to ever admit the spirit had a point, he did need to learn how to utilize the power he'd been given. As he approached he heard someone cussing rather loudly. The voice was grating to his ears, loud and obnoxious.

He headed towards the source partially curious and partially to see what fool was cussing so loudly in public. What he found surprised him. He saw two young men trying to act tough in front of Gene, his old squad leader. He scoffed and sat in a tree to watch the two make fools of themselves. At least he was until he saw the loud mouth use mokuton.

'I think the idiot is related to you kekeke'

'Oh shut up I refuse to claim relations with him.'

Despite this he couldn't let a wet behind the ears ninja lose face for the clan. As such he shouted out to his old leader calling the jounin on toying with a academy graduate.

"Oi! Gene! Is this what you do in your spare time? Tease the grunts?"
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Legacy » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:19 pm

phpBB [video]

To say that Gene could tell which of the two would be the most problematic right out of the gate would have been a lie. It was still much too early on in the battle to form any solid opinions of either's fighting style but the one thing that he couldn't help but notice was that when Raizou had launched his first Kunai, the speed of the projectile far outmatched that of the running speed of Razik who had intelligently used the brief diversion to break left [Gene's right] in an attempt to catch the Jounin off his square. An excellent tactic to start but shoddy in application at best. Had Razik been quicker on his feet Gene would not have had enough time to telegraph Raizou's flight path and by extension, scout out the general area where the Genin would most likely turn up for a secondary strike - if one were to be made.

With the first Kunai drawing ever closer at a considerable speed the Jounin opted to shelve the thought of Raizou for the time being and focused the bulk of his attention on Razik. After all, a simple sway of his upper body leftward was all that it'd take to remove himself from that particular danger. In fact, the deficit in speed and execution from the Jounin's perspective of dealing with the two attacks was so great that he'd actually managed to catch the start and end of Razik's hand seals despite what should have been a perfect set up for the fresh academy graduate. And so, while he might have intended to catch Gene unaware, what actually ended up happening was that the timing of both attacks were slightly off allowing the Silver-haired Jounin to effectively side step one Kunai and then immediately shift his full attention to a charging Razik as his partner by then had fled.

Hm...if here were just a bit quicker on his feet that little one two combo might have actually paid off. But now... The Jounin stood tall facing an onslaught of wooden projectiles of which, to Razik's credit, had been distributed rather well. A realist at heart and quite the minimalist at that, Gene could at least appreciate the fact that rather than expending chakra needlessly both had opted in some form of their own to rely upon ninja tools to test the waters of a potentially stronger foe. Never mind the fact that Gene now knew of Razik's Senju lineage, he'd been much too impressed by the practical application of basic team strategy from the two.

Aesthetics was an entirely different story, however. Gene held no doubt in his mind that Razik at least held a firm understanding of his jutsu based loosely on the fluidity of which he weaved his signs but when compared to the effectiveness application of Raizou's thrown weapon...even his jutsu seemed to be significantly slow moving. "...Well, his hearts in the right place I suppose. He probably hasn't learned how to properly control his chakra yet - I wonder... of the many thoughts swirling in the Jounin's head the one thing he was NOT thinking about was danger. Frankly, he didn't feel threatened and this would reflect in his attitude as rather than avoid the Kunai barrage as he had done with Raizou, Gene simply stepped forward and snatched two of the five wooden Kunai out of the air and waited for Razik to close the distance; taking flight only once the youth had dropped low into his forward slide in an effort to literally soar over him in an airborne pirouette.

"Oi! Gene! Is this what you do in your spare time? Tease the grunts?"

Huh? Did I miss something? Was there a third person all along...watching? Suffering the first real genuine form of surprise since having come back to the training field, Gene did what most normal people would have done upon hearing their name - looked in the direction where the sound had come from. However, this was the wrong thing to do as from somewhere in the distance behind him he could hear the faint shrill of what he assumed had been another Kunai only this time, he wasn't sure who it'd come from or where. His eyes went wide as the abrupt danger of his circumstance hit home and for the first time since graduating he found himself relying upon one of many age old basic ninjutsu required to pass - the Substitution jutsu.

Focused on a partial chunk of rock nearby, Gene allowed his chakra to permeate his being and used it to manifest his will; either this would work or he'd be spending an unknown amount of time in the infirmary from being a bit too lax, definitely a hard lesson to be learned if ever there was one. In the midst of his crisis Gene managed to sight a spectating Masaru in the distance and would lock eyes with him in what would be perhaps the most dynamic moment of the entire day. For to Gene, it was a realization that in allowing himself to be momentarily distracted he'd sacrificed the foothold held on the battlefield and for Masaru; perhaps, it would be the satisfaction of seeing his former Sensei in a vulnerable position.

Time slowed and all was quiet, then...

"No!"

The Kunai struck its target flush, stabbing the Silver-haired Jounin smack dab in the center of his back for all in attendance to see. Whoever had been responsible for loosing the weapon at that exact moment would have to come face to face with a grim reality of what came with being a Shinobi; when a ninja isn't prepared on the battlefield, when one side's tactics outclass the other, when a human strays from the path of reason and forgets their own mortality....Death was the only possible outcome.

Somewhere 20 meters East of Raizou's location

So that's where he is. At least one of them paid attention in class. Concealed by a dense underbrush, Gene lay prone confident in his hiding position while observing the field of play. He'd managed to snuff out the location or at least, the general area of where Raizou might have been found while temporarily leaving Razik to himself likely in the presence of Masaru by now. Reflecting specifically on the duo who had challenged him, Gene remarked that while their individual skills might have needed some polishing that they definitely had astounding potential for teamwork. Throwing Masaru's unintended distraction into the mix and the Silver-haired Jounin all but marveled at how they seemed to compliment each other...in a strange chaotic sort of way. For now, he would observe from the shadows and see just how the group would come together...or break apart.
usedShow
*[Basic Jutsu • Change of Body Stance Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After completing the necessary handseals, the user is able to quickly substitute his/her body with a nearby object that is at least 2/3rds his/her size, but no bigger than their body. This substitution allows the object to take the force of the attack that was meant for the user, additionally allowing the user to create distance between him/her and the opponent. The object used in this jutsu may not be objects that are imbued with chakra or controlled by it, and they may also only be single, solid objects within a 20 metre radius of the user. This technique may only be used a total of one time in a single thread, give or take how many times Shunshin no Jutsu has already been used.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Joker

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Joker » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:57 am

Raizou was perfectly whelmed when it came to his working with his teammate, naturally, he did not expect to win, but Hazick seemed to catch on fairly quick which was promising, they might be able to at least give him a bit of trouble. That was the fun part, the easy part in all of this, he did not expect a new challenger to appear, and perhaps he should have held back during this moment.

A distracted person wasn't capable of reacting fully, not with complete awareness. He knew that fully well, he knew it was an exercise too, he didn’t really want to ‘run his fade’ in the words of his lexically non-linear friend. But he still moved, because that was the way he had trained his body, to take the kunai and hit his opponent, it was like hitting his targets daily, or his shadow training, it was a matter of course to act as often, and as accurately as possible.

What he didn’t expect was for it to hit, with the force that it did, with the impact that it had. It was simply something that would hurt a bit, but that wasn't what the scene in front of him was showing, nor what had actually happened. It had struck true with deadly force, Raizou had seen it himself from his hiding place.
phpBB [video]
He had killed a fellow shinobi of the leaf village. It felt unreal, it wasn't real, it couldn’t have been real. Not again. His hands went to his mouth as he gagged, as the realization rushed through him, as the images flashed through his head. He had failed her, let her die, to take that hit for him, but this time he had done so himself. He held back the bile that burned its way up his throat, but the pressure made his eyes almost bulge out of his sockets, open wide as he was forced to relive the situations again.

It was an accident, it couldn’t be helped. It didn’t matter he had killed him. He asked to see real strength. It didn’t matter he had killed him. He was the worst person. Of course, he was, he had killed two of his comrades. He hadn’t gotten better. Of course not, he had just lost another comrade. He couldn’t process the scene in front of him, not really; another one was overlayed. Stuck with his wide eyes, his hands over his mouth, and a soft tremble, that got more intense as time passed.

Raizou was fixed in that moment. Usually cool-headed, he could not properly assess the scene for what it was, but at the same time. He needed to calm down, to do something; he had promised himself that he would become better. It was as if his body had been soaked, someone had poured a bucket of cold water over him, a strong shiver that almost looked like a convulsion spread over him, before he lost his footing in the tree and fell to the earth, his body acting on instinct in order to right himself in order to land on his feet.

He wasn't the same person as back then, he had to face himself, and so he needed to examine the body. He looked up and saw a rock there instead, change of body stance huh? That was an interesting choice, he had thought he had hit the man for real; was he not looking at the body the entire time? It was a rock now, but his eyes had been fixed onto it. He felt the shivers in his body die down, he had not killed a comrade. He was not the worst person ever, no, he was just a terrible person.

”It’s alright, we’re fine.” He needed to regain himself. There was Hazick, and this newcomer. Raizou was most likely the oldest here, though not the tallest that was for sure. He donned his mask, the usual mask of confidence that he wore, a fake shaky smirk that perhaps no-one would see through. Hopefully no-one had seen that little episode of his. ”Oi Hazik, weren’t we going to run his fade?” He said in a jovial tone, the other man he turned his eyes to. ”Did you say we were grunts.” His voice wavered both times, but he covered up quickly. His skin looked pale, and he had a sheen of sweat covering his face, but still he approached the rock to pick up his kunai.

”He can’t be far. Lets keep our awareness. Now then, I’m Raizou, and this guy is Hazik, Senju most likely. You? We’re trying to beat this guy, so if you’re feeling up to it, why not join us?” Maybe the other man would speak up, maybe not. But hopefully there would be enough reaction to tell where he is. ”Otherwise, try not to be a distraction. I’d rather win fair and square.”

Now where the hell was he? ”Lets move, and take a direction each. Treeline cover is best.” He gestured with his chin towards the treeline.
My thread
Characters

Diatenshi

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Diatenshi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Masaru entered the clearing as Gene used one of the oldest tricks in the book to trick the two genin. He shook his head as he thought back to his first team under Gene and and couldnt help but chuckle. He sighed with his eyes closed and ran his fingers through his chocolate brown hair. Opening his eyes he glanced at the duo with his vibrant orange eyes. Just as he was about to offer to help the Senju fool got a hair up his ass and decided to act tough getting in his face and cussing at him.

'Are you really gonna just let him disrespect you like that?! As my host you must not stand for this! Any slight against you is a slight against me and I wont stand for it!!!!'

'Oh shut up Iburo... You're just as noisy as he is, do you really take offense at what every ant screams at you?'

He shook his head deciding firmly to ignore the angry toddler and looked towards Raizou.

"A genin is the at the bottom of the totem pole in military ranks. If that's not a grunt then what is? Much less someone clearly wet behind the ears and fresh out of the academy."

'There you go, felt good didn't it? Kekeke'

"Anywho, while I refuse to acknowledge any form of relations to this hoodlum; I'm Senju Masaru and the man you were picking a fight with was Mitsuragi Gene, my team leader."

He glared in irritation as the fool jabbed his finger into his chest, not that it hurt. It was however pushing even against Masaru's bottom line, much less the fire spirit screaming in his head in outrage.

"If you want to beat Gene you'll need to use your head more. Also, Dunce, touch me again and you won't have to wait for Gene to put you in your place."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Legacy » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:07 pm

From his place of hiding Gene could see the three congregating but was at a loss when it came to exactly what they'd been discussing. Honestly, that might have been for the best since if he had actually heard at least what Furutsutsuri had said to Masaru it stood to reason that he would've rescinded his earlier sentiments about them being able to work as a team. Not yet aware of the underlying fundamental differences between each of them the Siilver-haired Jounin could only go off of what he could observe and thus far, what he'd observed seemed to be a functional group of young boys both eager to prove themselves and accomplish a common goal.

If only Gene knew then how truly wrong he'd been...

"Have you finished working out the new Team rosters?" One official asked another. Both wore the standard Konoha uniform and both were undoubtedly reaching their "seasoned" years as far as the age department went but neither seemed to mind handling the tasks before them. "Yeah, here it is." Replied the second office worker, handing over a stack of paperwork that could have easily passed for a big block had one not looked close enough. There, at the top of the stack for all to see, were the names of three young Genin and their Sensei. The name's had promptly read:
Team 2 Listing
Awai, Raizou - Genin
Senju, Furutsutsuri - Genin
Senju, Masaru - Genin

Led by one: Mitsurugi, Gene - Jounin

Slapping a stamp of approval over the document, the first official turned to someone behind him and whispered something before the man made his departure. Over the course of the next hour a bureaucratic process would ensue in which by the end a final message would be relayed. That message had been on its way to the training grounds by way of Falcon intended for one Silver-haired Jounin...

Having took just about all he could of sitting prone in the dirt Gene rose from his place of hiding but remained concealed thanks to the ample trees that offered themselves to him as temporary cover. Somewhere off in the distance, the voice of Razik registers within his ear. "That one seems to be a real live wire. Then again, children are known to have more energy reserves than an adult on any given day. " Looking down at the two Wooden Kunai he'd stolen earlier, Gene began cooking up a devious strategy of his own...
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Joker

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Joker » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:00 am

Turning around from his failed walking away, Raizou spoke up. ”I’m alright, just a little surprised is all.” He said simply enough. There was something more important to be done though. But, it seemed these two did not deign to try and get along with each other. This was going to be troublesome as hell, so Raizou just ran a hand through his hair, an opportunity to cut in.

He clapped his hands together loudly, in order to gain their attention. ”Alright, Masaru then. Hazik, we’re gonna run this guy’s fade first, leave anything else to later so we can get this shit done, and he’s a fellow Shinobi of Konoha, so lets not try call people enemies so quick.” He said to summarise that.

”Masaru, grunts are noises not people. We’re at the bottom of the totem pole, that’s for sure though. Now I’ll just go ahead and count you as in.” He said with a smirk before he sat down. ”He’s probably watching us, and we’re wasting time. So here’s the plan.” He took out sealing strips from his bag, laying them out in front of him; eight of them to be exact. ”We’ll need to place them in two square formations, hidden. I’d like to trap him in this, but they’ll be obvious; so we’ll use the other eight in my pockets.” He lowered his voice regarding the last line.

He pulled out a brush, and got to work before running through handseals, running his chakra through the tags they were activated. ”I’ll set up the ones in my bag later. Now, Hazik, Masaru. You guys are the anchors for the plan, one of you place these in a square formation while fighting him, don’t space them more than ten metres apart, the other one will engage. Make sure you place the red ones inside of the blue tags, and then draw a line connecting the red ones. This will definitely fail, but that’s not the point.” He said half smirking. ”Since we know he’s a jounin now, we’ll need to play dirty. This is just to distract him so you guys can deliver the real final blow.”

”For that, you two will need to work together.” He said, not expecting much in that angle. Chaos itself was fine, as long as the one who took the tags knew their role. He felt the drain on his chakra, it wasn't thaaat draining, but it was still bigger than he liked if he were to be fully honest. It was tiring considering the shock from earlier, but he had recovered; it wasn't the first time he had to deal with that, and definitely not the last time. ”If you guys do have an idea, do tell.” Sometimes assuming someone will go along with their idea was better, but forcing people into your own had it’s own privileges, especially when you were using it to push someone into participating and needed to hide that fact.

”And yes, this Lame’s does happen to be a sensor.” He said running through hand seals, he felt the chakra build up and form, taking on the movements deigned by the handseals before he expelled the pulse, exploring the outside world and finding the person he was looking for. ”He’s roughly 3 o’clock east from my original position, though he has most likely moved. Lets take the initiative and take him down, alright?” He said with a hollow smirk, fake yet his eyes definitely held energy in them.

Jutsu UsedShow

*Fuuinjutsu • Explosive Tag
D-Rank Force Fuuinjutsu
After drawing an 2x5 inch seal formula on a surface the user forms the needed hand seals then touches the seal, arming it with their chakra. Upon being kai'd, the tag releases it's stored energy as a D-Rank Explosion of concussive force outward from itself.

5 Strength for each, so it’s just your usual d-rank explosion.

Fuuinjutsu • Four Seal Barrier Formation
C-Rank Charge Fuuinjutsu
After drawing 4 approximately 2x5 inch surfaces, the user forms a set of hand seals arming the tags. When finished, they will place the tags into a square formation up to 15x15 meters in size. After setting the seals in their desired locations, the user may kai any one of the seals at anytime to activate the jutsu, causing a barrier the size of the formation to pop up around the area in-between at a speed of 8. The barrier has a strength of 12.

Used control, so it’s 15 to speed/strength.

*[Sensory Style • Beyond Senses]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: Ninjutsu/Control/Instinct stats of 10
This sensor jutsu is used by shinobi to feel chakra sources within a radius of 25 meters. While this jutsu is fairly helpful in sensing chakra, it is unable to actually pinpoint specific chakras outside of 10 feet. This only gives the Shinobi an idea of how many entities with chakra are present in their general area.

Used full control, functionally increasing normal general range to 40 and specific range to 25
My thread
Characters

Diatenshi

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Diatenshi » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:06 pm

While the two were prepared to target Gene, Masaru smirked to himself. When had he ever agreed to help them? Nor did they have any idea of his special focus in combat. Hazik seemed like he was going to die on his first real mission, how did he even graduatethe academy in the first place? As for Raizou... well he honestly didn't seem to bad. At least he knew how to properly treat people. As Raizou laid at his plan before him Masaru was strangely quiet. The truth? He was having a conversation in his head with Iburo.

'These two don't seem that smart.'

'Raizou isn't so bad.'

'They know nothing about you other than you've worked with silver hair and assume you'll help them.'

'Well to be fair I haven't said I wouldn't.'

'Even if you were going to, instead of using the information that you have, their greatest potential advantage they make a plan of their own before seeking inside knowledge. I feel you should either let them make fools of themselves or help your leader. After all why should you risk getting on his bad side for a couple of strangers?'

'As much as it pains me to agree, I do. The question is which action should I take?'

Just as Masaru was trying to make up his mind, and Raizou asked for his opinions the dunce spoke up then took off after insulting Masaru again. Masaru grimaced as he looked at the other Senju's back.

'Sorry Raizou. Nothing against you personally but newbie here has pissed me off and I'm not commiting insubordination for a couple of strangers.'

With that thought he chased behind the dunce, a series of handseals rapidly performed in his hands behind him a wall of stone would rapidly rise from the ground at a speed of 10. Shortly after he'd strike at Furu with a downward swat, aiming to knock him over, with his lance which he'd pull from the holder on his back. Upon a successful strike Masaru would stand upon his arms, a heavy and imposing aura surrounding him.

"I don't know how my clan gave birth to such a useless waste like you. You should really learn to read people better. I wasn't an enemy until YOU made me one. At the most I would've given you two a tip on Gene's Skills, but I wouldn't have interfered outside of that. Blatantly attacking my superior can be considered insubordination and seeing as I hadn't been assigned a mission to go against him, I'd be digging my own grave."
Jutsu UsedShow
Doton • Wall*
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a solid stone wall up to 5 meters away from them at a speed of 6. The wall has a strength of 4 and is 3x3x1 meters large.

*Soft revamp -forms at a speed of, and has a strength equal to Masaru's Control which is 10

Crushing Weight of the Mountains
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Masaru jumps up and stabs down with his lance into the target, if it lands the target is locked in place unable to unpin them selves from the ground as Masaru stands on their arms. While Masaru isn't all that heavy the target is given the impression of him being as heavy as a mountain. This isn't genjutsu or illusion as the targets senses are not being tricked nor manipulated, rather it is a presence Masaru himself gives off. The target must have greater strength than Masaru to stand break his hold on them.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Legacy » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:57 pm

phpBB [video]

Whether or not it'd been good intuition or something more sinister at work the day dreamer suddenly registered a tug at the bottom of his stomach, an intimate sensation that all but matched a shift in the wind. Something, somewhere, was terribly..terribly wrong. A dreamy crimson orange had now dominated a cloudless sky and the cry of secedes could be heard in force, all but overtaking what had once been the spaced out chirp of birds and dull silence. What few animals had not already made their daily quarry were fast wrapping up and preparing to submit the land to nature's other category of creature; the nocturnal. A steady wind carried the scent of leaves, oak, pine and other such aromas to the Jounin who'd noticed for the first time today that he could faintly detect the scent of Raizou; the only one among the trio to have broken out in a sweat during the encounter. While Gene could not have possibly known exactly who the scent had come from much to Raizou's good fortune, had he been armed with the knowledge that most Senju could not be tracked in forested areas due to a natural blended scent with nature, the Genin Awai would have been the most easiest to track, pursue and in a more severe case...hunt just by merit of his own body working against him.

Furthermore, because of his scent being picked up at a time where he'd been in relatively close proximity to his other teammates who were not in hiding their positions would have certainly been exposed as well. That is, if Gene were focused on intentionally tracking them. While his nose was not exceptionally potent when it came down to scenting out people like the Inuzuka he'd learned enough from the current Hokage to be able determine the general direction where a scent had come from assuming it'd been coming from upwind to downwind as had been the case now. Essentially what this had meant for the group was that while they were busy arguing amongst themselves, any seasoned tracker or - intermediate tracker for that matter, could have discovered their location and wiped them all out as would be the case in an actual mission where lives were on the line.

What Gene didn't know however, was that he wasn't the only one who could play tracker. Lacking in any skills that would have alerted him to the chakra waves and pings of a Sensor actively working to locate and interact with other chakra sources he'd been none the wiser to Raizou's efforts and thus, believed himself to still have the element of surprise while continuing to draw closer and closer to the group. It was ironic - one had tracked the other by scent while the other had relied upon a unique art and skill utilized by a small percentage of the worlds Shinobi proving yet again, the groups potential to be better than what they were. If only they could put the objective above themselves...

Less than fifteen feet away from the bickering Razik and Masaru now, Gene could hear their entire conversation. What he'd heard had only confirmed the ill-tug in the bottom of his stomach: ""I don't know how my clan gave birth to such a useless waste like you."

And it sounded like...Masaru?

Uh...that doesn't sound too good. Gene thought, folding one arm over the other opting to lean himself up against a nearby tree where he presumed himself comfortably able to listen. Sure, he could have stepped in right then and there but a part of him - perhaps a naivety bred of too much time spent around Fanho, had convinced the Jounin that the group would be able to work through their differences as he and Taiga had when they were both kids. Neither one had been fond of each other back in the early days of his career and Gene didn't particularly value friendship above the success of essential tasks to the village so it wasn't a surprise that he hadn't initially registered just how serious the situation was. He was not yet conscientious of the fire spirit's influence upon Masaru nor of the toll Razik's taunting seemed to take on the group as a whole. Taiga had been a tough talker back in the day, as had many of the colleagues that Gene worked with on various assignments but ultimately they'd all come together for the greater good of the mission. He wanted no - needed to believe that this newer generation could pull off the same without needing to be baby sat.

From his place behind the tree Gene could not see Masaru's trident pinning down his fellow clan member nor of the Earthen wall preventing intervention on Raizou's behalf from the other side. Trusting in his own instincts and ideologies more than anything, Gene had completely dismissed the possibility that Masaru, influenced by Iburu, could have actually in this moment taken that crucial fatal leap over the line and murdered a Leaf comrade. Strangely enough, it was as if the incident between Fanho and Zakuro had completely slipped his mind. Why had the commander of the most ruthless and efficient organization in the village suddenly abandoned one of his own principles: Never put anything past anyone and never leave anything to chance.

"You should really learn to read people better. I wasn't an enemy until YOU made me one. At the most I would've given you two a tip on Gene's Skills, but I wouldn't have interfered outside of that. Blatantly attacking my superior can be considered insubordination and seeing as I hadn't been assigned a mission to go against him, I'd be digging my own grave."

A smile played across the Silver-haired Jounin's face beneath the black cloth mask; he knew why, because there was never any doubt in his mind about the Will of Fire instilled in the Citizens of the Hidden Leaf village. I may have been worried for nothing. Lets see how this plays out, he thought with a hint of embarrassment. While he might not have needed to intervene maybe it would have been a good idea to give the group a stern talking to about Teamwork. It would all depend on how they handled this situation on their own. Evidently, Masaru was fed up with Razik and Gene had been willing to bet he could guess the reason. A little tension wouldn't have been bad for development so long as it remained competitive and Gene wasn't at all opposed to setting someone who'd crossed the line straight as it both inspired respect among peers and showed exactly where a person stood in terms of their own growth and development. Although...Gene wondered exactly what it was that had set the fiery Senju off - after all, what he'd said was right. Masaru was STILL Genin under Gene's charge - only, so too were the others unknown to the Jounin.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Joker

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Joker » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:34 am

Raizou should have expected what was going to happen, these two simply did not click together at all. For relatives they sure weren’t chummy, there was a chance they could have gotten attacked by this point already, but that wasn't the main issue right now; it was to stop ‘em. Having been sitting down initially, Raizou was slow to move in order to stop Masaru as the man raised a wall, though he did jump onto it, his tags in his hand, and another in his kunai holster, but that was it; he was confident in his throwing ability, accuracy and speed; he would stop them if things got out of hand.

So why didn’t he stop them? Hazik was his initial partner for this, so he knew he had a bias, beyond the little guys crass way of speaking, he seemed to be mostly alright. Masaru, on the other hand, opened up with Grunt talk, but he was also the one who felt the most wronged. They had it out for each other, and it was best to get it over and done with now. Still, he approached, at his quickest, his legs moved underneath him so quickly that he was worried he would fall over.

He stopped a step away, however, because it seemed that things would run well enough. He didn’t know how Hazik would react to this, the attack on himself. But ideally, he didn’t want to allow things to escalate any further. ”Alright. That should be enough there.” He had that inkling to intercede, his tone had dropped from previous iterations. ”Before I start, I want to say that neither of you are the victim of this situation.” His expression sharpened, his eyebrows furrowed together, a part of his current emotional state being influenced by his lack of ability to get the ball rolling, perhaps he hadn’t recovered as much as he had thought.

”Hazik, you’ve got a terrible way of speaking to others. I don’t care about the words you use, or how much it would make my grandma cry to hear them; but people aren’t ‘Mo’Fuckers’, you’re dealing with people who might have your back in a life and death situation, not street urchins. Sort yourself out before people stop associating themselves with you fully.” He said it simply enough, his words were direct stern and at no point did he pause to get a breath in. ”You don’t have to participate, you never did naturally. But pouring oil on a fire makes you just as much an arsonist as the first guy. He is of your clan, he is a fellow Konoha shinobi, and he isn’t a grunt, focusing him with all of your lines makes you every bit of the hoodlum you try not to associate yourself with.”

He said with a sigh. ”Mitsurugi Gene huh, jounin. Well, I bet he’s already prepped for us, so if you’d kindly remove your foot from my partner, we’ve got a fight to win.” He said dully.
My thread
Characters

Diatenshi

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Diatenshi » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:44 pm

"As you wish. He's all yours. Masaru would hear Raizou's point and get off of Furu after letting him struggle a bit first. His threat didn't even phase Masaru at all.

'Kekeke. Arsonist eh? So what if I am? Destruction is needed to promote growth after all. Kekeke.' Unsurprisingly, Iburo found the Awai's words highly amusing.

Though seeing Raizou calling him Hazik was getting old, Masaru refrained from exposing the fraud. He wondered how much Raizou would trust him if he exposed him as a liar. Mind you he'd probably find out anyway.

'Meh he's not worth the trouble.'

He'd come out to train jutsu, hoping Gene being his Sensei slash Squad leader would teach him some killer techniques. However it seemed like he'd be busy for a bit.

"Gene! If you don't mind can you hurry up? You promised to teach me new jutsu!"

With that Masaru would holster his weapon and climb into a tree to watch. He was going to refrain from this battle so long as he wasnt dragged in. Gene in all likely hood most likely wouldn't hold it against had he helped, however, only Raizou had earned any his respect. Furu seemed to have a poor personality. Impulsive, rude, aggressive, dishonest. While having bad traits didn't mean you were a bad person, it didn't inspire loyalty or trust.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Legacy » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:07 am

"Okay, that's about enough of that." A voice like fine silk threaded into the air for all to hear; firm, calm and most of all annoyed. Stepping out from behind the tree he'd been leaning up against and into the open Gene revealed himself and how close he'd actually been to the encounter. Suffice it to say had anything truly gotten out of hand Raizou wouldn't have had to worry because Gene wouldn't have allowed it to escalate although, now the group faced a new problem. The Jounin had heard their conversation and as a result, now knew all of their weakest points.

First, his eyes met with Masaru. "Still at it I see, Masaru. I'm not sure if your timing is actually better or worse than mine." It wasn't a secret in the social circles of Konoha's Shinobi that the Day dreamer had a knack for either being extremely late or ridiculously early, there was no in between. It may have just been dumb luck running into him today but Gene still remembered the distraction that had almost cost him his life. It seemed that in one form or another, that particular Senju at least, would find ways to meddle where meddling wasn't necessary - though in this case that wasn't a bad thing. Someone needed to put Razik in his place for a bit.

Next his attention turned to Raizou. "Nice shot," is all that he would say in reference to the Kunai throw. Just because he'd been the target this time didn't mean that Gene wasn't appreciative of a tactic proven to work. If it weren't for his experience in combat, specifically against opponents who often forced him to adapt his own strategies on the fly, Gene likely would have been struck for real and seriously injured. To a Shinobi, this was just the first alarm that one of the newer generation might have had what it took to carry out more...serious work. They were on the same side but none could say for certain if that would always be the case; after all, Konoha has had its string of Missing-ninja or rogues with Enma and Nehan being among them. It was necessary to remove one's emotions and handle the task - something that Gene felt Raizou had done in that moment despite the clear mental stress that it'd put on him.

Lastly, he turned to Razik. "The way you do things...you're going to get someone injured or worse. I would suggest listening to the criticism given by your peers, you may be better because of it." At just that exact moment where the Silver-haired Jounin had finished his sentence a falcon swooped down and landed in front of him. First it looked at each face, trying to see who its recipient was and when it laid eyes upon Gene the bird knew. Walking closer. Gene steadied the bird and relaxed it before untying the message from its left foot. Reading it, his eyes went from neutral to narrowed.

"I suggest that you all learn how to get along fast. I've just received word that the three of you will be assigned to me. Also, I learned that a certain someone has been lying about their name this entire time. You lie to the enemy, an outsider. Not to your comrades, peers and family; Senju, Furutsutsuri."
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Joker

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Joker » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:34 pm

Raizou was glad when Masaru did let go, it made things a lot easier. He gave a nod of appreciation. Though Hazik was still the same person, not that he expected any differently; though he didn’t show any sort of happiness at that fact. Simply nodding, now they’d go back to fighting this dude again. ”Could work, let’s try it. If we miss, I’ll track him.” Raizou was at least confident in his long distance fighting ability, so he took a couple of wooden kunai but...

That was the base idea at least, but it turns out this Gene guy came out for them. Raizou jumped to attention, kunai in one hand and tag in the other though, it seemed to be unnecessary. Well, by the time your opponent was this close to you without noticing, you’d have already failed. ”Thanks.” He said to the compliment which he followed with a quick nod. It was enough to sit on that, but there was more; the voice of Gene ended, and the screech of a hawk came next. A messenger? So it seemed that their bout was going to come to an end.

But nope, it was even more surprising, enough so to give Raizou the chills, a shiver went down his back. ”Please tell me you were in on this, and that hawk is just one of your summons, because this is just creepy.” Destiny, fate, a message from the gods. ”No offence to you guys, not at all. But. I’m being messed with right? Furutsutsuri? That isn’t a real name right? Plus the convenient showing up? This is definitely a prank right?” He said as he ran a hand through his head before ruffling it wildly as if that would shake any of the trouble from his head, a fucking brand new team. He had lost his old one through failures and disappointments, and now he was being thrown right back into a loop.

He had countered against being assigned to one, he had learned enough right? He was no longer that same damn brat who thought he was better, so why was he being assigned with a couple of kids? This couldn’t have been real, he wasn't going to carry anymore guilt; he refused. Teammates were people that one had to care for more than your usual comrade, it was added weight...This two were a problem, a bit like he used to be but that was what made it even harder. ”This can’t be serious...For fuck’s sake.” He said with a sigh.
My thread
Characters

Diatenshi

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:02 pm

Surprise! Gene's behind them. Not. Masaru didn't put anything pass that man anymore. Masaru looked down at them from the tree as Gene began to talk. At the mention of his timing hed just sigh. His reputation while not undeserved per say wasn't really his fault. After all it's not like he was the one that started those fights, he was just the one that usually finished them.

"So Niku isn't returning to us then... Not that I blame her, her skill level was high enough as it was..."

Upon hearing about the new team Masaru sighed thinking about the various squad mates that came and went feeling somewhat depressed. Even the pretty ones didn't stick around, now hes stuck with a bunch of men. Fuck why couldn't he get a hot babe on his team in place of a clown. Masaru wasn't quite sure what to think while Iburo began laughing madly within his head.

Kekeke. This will be interesting. Say hello to your new kouhai. Kekeke.'

Masaru face palmed at this outburst, unable to keep himself from reacting. To make matters worse it was right when Raizou was mocking Furu's name. Not that Masaru was surprised by this. As much of a trouble maker he seemed to be if his name was really Hazik, he'd have at least heard of him seeing as they were related.

When Furu pointed at him he simply played off the face palm as if it was really a reaction to him and not Iburo. However, his brow would narrow shortly after hearing about the loss of Furu's family. He felt he might understand Furu slightly better though he disagreed on the behavior seeking attention.

"Okay knucklehead, are you done being melodramatic? Not saying I like it but well have to at least be able to work together without constantly fighting. Or is that going to be an impossible task?"

While the words may seem insensitive, Masaru's tone was actually kinder than before. It wasn't that he didn't sympathize having lost the leading parental figure of his life, but the pity attention seeking manner in which Furu seemed to have spoken bugged him. More over, he was trying to see if he could act with any amount of discipline so they could function.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Legacy » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:58 am

At the mention of Nikuya Gene's eyes narrowed. What kind of feelings had Masaru harbored for the Kunoichi and would those feelings affect his performance among the others? Via his own admission Gene could not say that he knew her well outside of a few scarce encounters of which he remembered only bits and pieces about who the girl actually was. Suffice it to say that their relationship, if one could call it that, was strictly professional. To Masaru though, she seemed more important?

Evaluating each of the responses to his earlier sentiments it was sufficient to say that it would be hell on earth getting any one of them to work efficiently with one another. Still...because he was now contracted there would be no weaseling his way out of the responsibility. Besides, what would the three have thought of him if they knew that he'd been just as unenthusiastic about the whole ordeal as they were: Gene hated the attitude of most Genin. Fresh out of the Academy or possibly even carrying two or three missions under their belt, there were Genin who believed that simply because of passing a graduate class that they could somehow take on the world - take on hardened Shinobi who'd traveled beyond the wall [something that Genin were generally not permitted to do without an escort] and who have experienced the reality of a world not strongly influenced by Konoha. A world where lawlessness permeated every nook and cranny of many underdeveloped villages, towns and cities. As Gene stood in observance of the three he couldn't help but feel that none of them were truly ready.

"Complain all you want but that's the way it is. Anyone of you who has a problem with that are welcome to march off right now, I won't fault you but I'll be snatching that headband before you go." There was a brief pause in which he allowed his words to settle in heavily before adding, "Don't take it personal." From today forward each and every one of them were responsible for the lives of the person standing to their left and right; Gene had already felt the sting of having a comrade die, he would be damned if on his watch some snot-nosed punk cost the lives of good people. Good Shinobi. Raised as a weapon and trained as one, this was one of the only ways that Gene knew how to express himself.

After all, if this is the path you've chosen then there won't be any easy routes. Gene thought, his eyes fixed to the three of them.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Joker

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Joker » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:24 pm

There was a lot to be said for all of this, to begin with, Raizou himself was not happy about being placed into a new team, that was for sure. Pile up missions, get promoted, join Mamorinuku, ever since that mission it was his primary goal to do so. But this was a complication of matters. Furutsutsuri was his actual name for one, not Hazik. That was a bit of a blow, this guy was a bit of a brat. But he was also straight out of the academy, no worse than he was...It was going to be important to make sure he could at least impart some of his wisdom onto this guy.

Next was Masaru, that guy seemed calmer and more professional, but he didn’t mesh with Ha-Furutsutsuri at all. ”This is very convenient at least, what an introduction though. It’s almost like some kind of higher power exists.” He ran a hand through his hair. ”Alright, whatever. Lets make this work, I don’t think we’ll work well like this but what do I know.” He shrugged it off, his concerns and worries about the team.

”Gene, how about some ground rules from our leading jounin, and then a personal rule for each? I’m assuming we’re not going to train right away, so it might be good to split off until tomorrow?” He offered a suggestion, there was a direct commanding officer to him now, so it wasn't just mouth off. ”I’ll start with a personal rule, don’t carelessly rush ahead.” He wanted to be the first one to kick things off in this regard, he had some career and a lot of failings that had occurred due to his own breach of these things, it was better that these guys didn’t make the same mistakes he did.
My thread
Characters

Diatenshi

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Diatenshi » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:41 pm

Masaru's impressions of his new teammates were polar opposites. Rai seemed more and more outstanding while Furu... Yeah lets just not go there. As for Gene, well, he was being Gene, nothing new there.

"Personal rules? Alright I'll bite. The safety of the village trumps all. If one day you are asked to make the ultimate sacrifice I will honor you every night. If you chicken out and the village suffers as a result I'll be the first one to hunt you down to bring you to justice."

'Kekeke. You would say something along those lines. You and your stupid Will of Fire. Well now you have a true Will of Fire, and one day, it'll burn everything. Kekeke'

Masaru grew rigid at Iburo's threat. He though about his own anger issues as of late and wondered if the spirit had a point. Only time would tell.

Back to the matter at hand since Furu seemed to be making a point to ignore him, he wouldn't stir the pot and single him out even if he seemed the one most likely to die. Opening a dead pool amongst his new comrades probably wasnt the best idea. At least not yet.

"Well if theres nothing else Sensei I'll see you all later. I still have jutsu I need to work on."
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Legacy

Play with fire [part 2]

Post by Legacy » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:26 am

....Yep. Officially the weirdest day ever. But I cant say that it was boring. A smile played across the young man's face as he shook his head. "Well, I'd say you all just about covered it." Gene began, drawing closer to thw group and yet something wasnt quite right. "Except for the part where you all run five hundred laps around the villagw for WORKING MY NERVES!"

The group would be given a headstart to run as Gene brought his hands together and began weaving through seals. He didnt care who he didn't care why but if any of them had still been where they started once his signs were completed Gene was going to send a blazing ball of fire their way.

usedShow
fireball jutsu with 8 speed 2 strength & 2 speed with 8 strength [\Spoiler]
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”