The Refinement of the Next Generation

[Open Training Thread]

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:27 pm

Fanho stood out in the middle of a training field as he bowed to a group of academy students returning the gesture. He had just gotten done teaching them balancing chakra and chakra pathways in the most unusual circumstances. Balancing on water, balancing under trees, it was quite the lesson that would be useful for the young students. It seems as he spent more time in the village finalizing what remains of his rise to Hokagedom he was asked to do these more frequently. After all might as well take advantage of his time while being in the village. The Awai waved off the students as he dusted his hands off on his white pants.

For today's hotter than usual day he opted for a black sleeveless shirt and white pants with his shinobi back pouch, belt, and leg drops. Perhaps the white pants were a lack of foresight for their training as they were already lightly dusted with a coating of dirt due to the unique training. Well, also with the wiping of hands on the pants rather than a training towel.

Sheesh, you'd think they'd let me catch a break from training all these kiddos. I guess when the teachers see a free break they'll take it.

Fanho crouched down by the creek that ran through as he scooped his hand through the water cupping it to his lips. The fresh water tasted delicious, at least as delicious as free running creek water through a training ground could taste. On second thought maybe this wasn't a good idea. However with his Bannin gut he was pretty safe.
Last edited by Director on Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:36 pm

After Haruka woke up today, she got dressed in her usual black spaghetti strap tank top with her black and blue vest with wings on the back with a blue short skirt. Finally she put on her thousand pound leg weights and her knee high black boots. Then had something to eat her usual breakfast was some dry cereal with a cup of Orange juice. Afterwards the 4ft cat girl then quickly left her apartment locking up like usual and quickly began running laps around the village. She was busy training her endurance again today so because of that she thought that trying to run laps around the village at her close to her full speed (40) she would be able to build up stamina.

As she was running she saw plenty of scenery and the occasional person wondering what that blur was. Eventually after running for awhile half through her lap she was pretty damn exhausted when she heard the new Hokage teaching a group of genin. So she got curious like she is prone to when she sees something interesting. She then heads over and jumps into a tree watching them train from about 100 meters away. She then takes out her ear plugs and listens in to the training session as she tries to recover her stamina.

Eventually she watches for about the last 20 minutes of training before she sees them leave. She then quickly runs over to the new would be hokage at 40 speed and when she reaches him she would stop and she soon says “hai hai Hokage sama!” She then waits to see what he says she wondered if he would know who she was like Takeo did or would it take him awhile to know his fellow villagers since he was a new Hokage.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:48 am

Fanho would've felt the cat girl's presence approaching him. However due to being in the village he had no need to be worried. He had heard there were a few prospective students however most were the kids of Takeo himself, however there were the few out there pushing themselves just as hard. While he was still getting used to the new faces in Konoha, he at least took the time so far being in his orientation phase he at least took time to try and peruse all the Konoha shinobi records to familiarize himself.

Judging by the quick glance he took behind he had to surmise this was the mysteriously similar case to Masami that resided in the village, Haruka. Aside from Masami's child herself. Like dog like cat? Fanho rubbed his mouth on his shirt before rubbing his hands on his pants. "Let me take a guess, and don't tell me. Be unfair to all the hard work I've done just reading records in prep. Haruka is it?" Fanho pawed at his own ear as he pointed at hers.

"I think the ears give it away really."

Fanho leaned to the side as he took in her tail as well. "I guess the tail as well too." Fanho gave a laugh as he nodded.

The young Hokage eased himself on a nearby rock as he stretched his arms and back. "What brings you out to this neck of the woods? Well I guess its part of the jogging track, but you'd have to go out of your way to meet me."
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:24 pm

Haruka would watch as the Hokage stood there calmly waiting for her, it would seem he was aware of her. She wondered if that meant he was just able to perceive things going at a faster speed then others. Regardless it didn’t seem like she would have any trouble running over and talking to him.

Haruka would listen to what he said and would smile for a few seconds saying “well I’m happy I have such a distinctive look then that you would recognize me.”

Afterwards she watches him sit down and would look around quickly for a place for herself to sit down as well. But sadly she couldn’t find one so instead just decides to stand for now and listens what he says before casually replying “I was out on a jog when I heard you teaching the academy students and got curious then after seeing you were done I decided to go over and say hello since haven’t gotten to talk to you yet and i wanted to meet the new Hokage as well as hopefully get to know you.”

Haruka was wearing her usual black tank top with a blue and black vest and a short blue skirt. Her rippling arm and leg muscles on full display, even the bottom portion of her rock hard abbs was sticking out from under the shirt. She wondered what this Hokage would be like, so far he seemed nice and funny but was curious what else she could learn.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:21 pm

Fanho sat back up as he stood up on the rock balancing still as he stretched his back leaning towards his legs. A distinctive look was for sure in Haruka's favor. After all it seemed like every person Fanho had met in the world had a distinctive look. Looking plain was not in the cards for well anyone he had met. They all had their own ticks and quirks like himself. "We all have our distinct looks. I just happen to look like the dullest lightbulb out of the bunch in the Awai. Pretty easy right?"

The cat girl seemed to have difficulty finding a place to sit as Fanho walked down off the rock gesturing for her to sit if she so desired. "Don't let me hog up all the rock. Have a seat" The future Hokage plopped himself on the ground as if some commoner. Even with the titular rank and prestige he was still just the average goofball. Whats the point of life if you can't have fun and have to be uptight all the time? At the very least even Takeo knew you had to have some fun on the job.

Fanho nodded at Haruka's physique. Impressive and clearly shown the long hours of training to achieve it. Maybe the future generation was much closer than he had thought. The Bannin nodded as Haruka confirmed he reason for running into him. The Awai scratched his chin as he looked at her suspiciously. "Not trying to pawn more students off on me are you? My teaching time has ran out today, maybe I can pen you in for later this week." The Awai shook his hand at Haruka before winking at her and laughing.

"It seems like since I've been back a lot of its been getting back in the swing of being involved in the village. It takes a lot to be everywhere at once. Orientation and such with the Fire Country Daimyo and all the paperwork. I just left a clone to do all that stuff." Fanho rolled his eyes as he spaced his hands from one arms length to another out entirely to represent the amount of leaflet his clone was soldiering through.

"You'd think with that amount of paper work the Senju would be hollering for a break." Fanho shrugged as he rubbed his hands together before resting them against his knees. "But enough about the boring steps, you wanted to know about me. Not much to know really, I can shoot laser beams from my fist, and I punch really hard. Just the basics really."

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Mon May 08, 2023 2:09 pm

Haruka would be talking and be quite surprised by his self deprecating comment, she wasn’t quite sure how to respond to it so she says “I doubt it’s that bad but I guess that’s definitely one way to be distinctive in its own way” as she continued to look for a place to sit the Hokage offered her to sit next to him. But when he sat on the floor she looked on surprised again saying “it’s ok I couldn’t take the rock from you. I’ll sit on the floor you deserve the rock. I would feel really awkward taking it from you”

She then proceeded to sit on the ground a little away from him. She then continued to speak again only to hear his reply saying “originally I wasn’t going to ask that but if there’s an option to learn from you then I would love to do that.” She then hears his next comment and giggles a bit at it. She then smiles and says “I can’t imagine having to do that much paper work it sounds like such a pain in the ass.”

She then giggles again at his comment saying “maybe they make a special tree farm with extra big trees for all the Villages paperwork.” She then hears his next comment later saying “as interesting as that stuff is I doubt that’s all there is to you. Like what is your favorite food and favorite activity to do.?”
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu May 11, 2023 2:49 pm

As Haruka rejected his offer, Fanho nodded as she took a seat next to him on the ground. “Fair, but I’m not gonna take the rock so someone has to.” The Awai reached over and tapped Haruka on the shoulder as he transported her to sitting on-top of the rock. Space/Time was cool, but if anything it was sure convenient to just wormhole everywhere.

The Awai nodded at Haruka’s request to learn a thing or two. Fanho had one or two teams in the past, but it always seemed he got stuck with some of the more problematic students. Having one or two solid ones would be a nice change in pace. “Perhaps…” The Awai stroke his non-existent beard as he hmmm’d to himself before breaking himself from the elder grey beard parody was he portraying and laughing at himself. “I’m always up to train. You can only improve from today onwards, always keep that in mind.”

Fanho thought for a minute as he cocked his head to the side. “A special tree farm huh? Those tree huggers would be the ones to have such a thing.” The Awai laughed with Haruka at the thought.

The future Hokage’s self? Not just his combat stuff, but the little things and details? Fanho pondered the question thinking through it. “About me huh?” Well the Awai was certainly a fan of bbq, self-grilled of course. He didn’t particularly like bugging waiting staff so if he could opt to do it himself he preferred it that method. Favorite hobby? Really punching things hard was kind a hobby in itself, but I guess the main one not shinobi related would be traveling. After all he got to see most of the world even some of the more forbidden places like the outskirts of Rock Country and Water Country. Though he doubt with tensions as they are and his new future position he’d get much time to do so.

“I guess for food I’d say self-grill barbecue. I don’t like to bug wait staff. Just bring me the tray of meat and give me a grill.” The Awai leaned back as he stretched his legs out leaning back on the palms of his hands. “Hobby? I guess traveling, I got to see most of the world before I came back. It was…” The Awai thought to his short lived trip to Juu no Kuni. What a weird, strange, and inhospitable land. Even for the Bannin it was dangerous. Certainly one to be tackled with a team. “Interesting and fun I guess you could say.” A smile crept on the Awai’s face as he reflected on the journeys both dangerous and safe.

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Thu May 11, 2023 8:38 pm

Haruka then looks on shocked as she was teleported onto the rock where she was now sitting, she then fidgeted nervously she wondered what he was thinking and why he wanted her to have the comfier spot. But she couldn’t dwell on it forever then tried her best to continue on like normal. When the topic of being taught came up she looked on eagerly saying “I would love to train with you sometime!”

After saying that she fantasized about what it would be like to learn from the Hokage as well as train with him. As she thought of the various possibilities it could have and the possible enjoyment and fulfillment it could give she eventually snaps later when they talk about the paper work and the tree farm.

The conversation continues like normal from there eventually when she asks another question she learns more about fanho and says “but doesn’t it get boring always eating grilled meat? Though the idea of traveling around certainly does sound like a fun idea to me. Do you have anything you like to do besides travel? Also if you could pick 4 other things to do besides traveling what would they be?”
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri May 19, 2023 10:16 pm

Fanho nodded at training. What would one more student be anyways? "Anytime, you can find me just about anywhere." Which Fanho enjoyed the training aspect of mentoring people. It also let him test and try out techniques before employing them in actual battle. Give a little, take a little, it works out for both parties.

Fanho cocked his head at the mention of eating grilled meat boring. Boring? He dwelled on the idea for a minute as he scratched his chin before laying back on the ground looking up at the sky. "Perhaps, but you know, different meats grilled differently, its a new experience each time really." The Awai reminisced on other things he enjoyed after Haruka prodded him for more. What did the Awai like to do other than his travels. What did he learn, enjoy, and find out about himself on his journey? "Well, I guess you could saying learning. What other three things can I add to that? Eating is one, though I dunno if you'd count that since we already covered it." The Awai looked at the sky in deep thought. He narrowed his eye brows as he looked really hard into the passing clouds.

"Training others and helping people. I'll lump those two in since they're similar. And for the final thing, I'll say reading manga. New stories never get old." The Awai patted the ground as he rotated to his side resting his head in his hand propped up on his elbow looking at Haruka.

"What about you? You want to train, but what is it you wanna train?"

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Tue May 30, 2023 5:01 pm

After hearing about when she could train with him she would nod say happily “ok sounds great! Thanks! “ she then eagerly looked forward to the next time she would get to see and train with Fanho. She then listens to his next comment and says “I guess that makes sense though i never really thought of that honestly. Plus sometimes in my experience grilling made it lose some of the flavor. “ as the conversation went on she would hear the rest of what he had to say and would reply “so in no specific order other then what’s previously been stated, your favorite things are helping and training people, eating, traveling, learning, and manga and other interesting stories?”

If he asked her about her favorites she would say “dancing is my favorite singing second favorite, third would be making different types of explosions fourth would be playing fun games especially games of chance. Finally 5th would be eating.” After he asked what she wanted to train she would say “I do want to train a lot of things for examples to increase my chakra pool the most I want to triple it if possible, I also want to learn a lot more jutsu. So can expand my options of what I can do in different scenarios.”
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:18 am

Fanho scratched his chin as he listened to Haruka explain her favorite things. After all even shinboi had to have hobbies, if not who wouldn't go insane being a soldier all the time. At the very least Konoha was kind enough to ensure they had time to do their hobbies even if they were busy for long stretches at a time. As the conversation turned to training Fanho listened in keenly as she spoke about his specialty.

"Well having a lot of chakra is good. But if you don't know how to control it or use it, its not worth a whole lot. But it is always a good idea to train that chakra endurance." Fanho smirked as he fluttered his eyebrows. "And it just so happens you're talking to the number one expert on ninjutsu in all of Konoha." The Awai dusted his hands as he sat up with a cocky grin striding over to the middle of the empty field. "Actually if you're up to it, why don't we do a little bit right now. I'll show you a good way to train your chakra reserves. Think of the strongest jutsu you have in your arsenal and I want you to use that jutsu. While you're using it I'm going to throw up a barrier that's draining your chakra reserves. Its a bit intensive, but its the fastest way to train to exhaustion which helps expand those reserves."

Fanho looked at Haruka as he nodded and knelt to the ground waiting to cast the draining fuuinjutsu. "Now this jutsu is a little strong, maybe too strong so its gonna sap it right out of you quick. Just focus and hold the jutsu and using every little bit of chakra you've got left."
Jutsu UsedShow
Charge Fuuinjutsu • Draining Barrier
S-Rank Fuuinjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user will touch the ground creating a sprawling seal on the floor beneath them up to [Control]x[Control]m in size. This barrier has a strength equal to the user’s [Control], it also drains anyone who enters this barrier’s [Chakra Pool] by -8 per post for 5 posts or until 50% worth of the opponent's [Chakra Pool] has been drained. This debuff lasts until the end of the thread.
Last edited by Director on Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:02 am

Haruka would listen in carefully to the Hokage’s words as he spoke taking note of them before saying “I do plan on training my chakra control but first I wanted to make sure my chakra pool was stronger before I do that. “ she then looks on a little surprised but in awe nonetheless with stars in her eyes she would say “that’s amazing! Just what i would expect from someone who is the Hokage!” She would then listen carefully to the rest of what he says and would reply “I would love to! To train with the Hokage would be a dream come true!” She then eagerly awaited what he had to say when he was finally done speaking she would say “ok sounds good here I come then”

She would then begin to wait for his defense to be built before she started blitzing through hand signs at high speed. Before throwing a punch that stops two meters from the barrier but causes a big explosion to blast it. The force of the explosion would be entirely directed away from her, leaving her unaffected by the explosion. She would then focus like he said on retaining as much of her chakra as possible after the blast.
“jutsu used”Show

Seikakuna Bakuhatsu
c rank nendo ninjutsu
Prerequisite jutsu land mine stomp
This jutsu is a improved version of the previous land mine stomp jutsu it allows the user to make explosions but instead of only being able to make them from a stomp that connects with a surface it can make them from kicks and punches as well with no surface. In addition to this the explosions are far more controlled and allow the user to direct the explosions under or in front of them in away that can propel them without injury the explosions can be simple or complex shapes but maintains the same range as land mine stomp which means the shape must Anywhere up to 10m long 10 meters wide at most finally is based on control speed and control strength.
Last edited by Kaitos10 on Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:00 am

Fanho nodded as he walked around the barrier, even if Haruka had struck it, the man put enough strength into it to endure. He watched as she threw an explosive punch putting her all into it. The control and form were decent, reminiscent of Fanho's own fighting style. Haruka may be someone that needed some training, but could be a formidable nintaijutsu user if that was her inclination. The Hokage-Preem nodded as he watched. He circled the air with his finger as nodded at her.

"Keep going, throw as many as you can before you hit E for empty." She'd need to empty her reserves from usage, draining it to near empty then pulling out as much as she can even further. Most people assumed chakra control was some wizardry that was unexplainable, but very much so it was like a muscle. Fanho had boiled down chakra usage theory into a simple method. If chakra reserves we're like muscles, they required constant use, stretching, and pushing past your limits to build that muscle up. Gain more, control more, it wasn't simply an inherent thing people were born and stuck with. Like some people we're born with naturally limber ligaments, some we're born with a larger chakra pool muscle.

What would the control over ones chakra pool be classified as? The ability to flex that muscle on command, and how to limit how much flex you put into it. Like some bodybuilders over the world could instinctively flex their muscles to show off their display, chakra control was very much the same a way to flex that chakra pool muscle in a way that would help fluctuate its usage. The Awai leaned up on the barrier as he watched Haruka continue to train. He'd explain away his chakra theory to her, hoping it'd make sense in a way that made it easier to train. "Think of it like a muscle, you've got to push that muscle past its limits so it can grow back better and bigger. Taijutsu is easy to train, but being the best ninjutsu user? That takes a special level of training and focus. Its not a muscle you can physically grab a hold, but you can visualize it. Stretch it, push it, lift with it, and most importantly grow."

"Being born with a big chakra pool is a blessing, training it to its max potential is where talent lay. Show your talents, you've got it in you."

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”