[Training] The man at the lake

Melores

[Training] The man at the lake

Post by Melores » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:05 am

“No... I am Yasu… and” a young boy whispered to his empty reflection on this empty lake in this empty training ground. He was alone here, as he was wherever he went. Yasu had no team, no family, no mentors, but he was alone here. That is how it would seem to anyone except Yasu. In his mind there was the villain inside of him, this other personality that tempted him to give in and to conform, and he wanted to so bad. It would be as easy as… “Yasu, my boy.” Yasu recognized this voice. His eyes snapped away from the visage of his reflection and scanned the area, his hand on his white blade. Nothing no person to be seen. He really was alone here. It was just him and his other self. His eyes fell back to the water. Toriga, Ochitsuku Toriga, as his other self liked to be called, was shouting at him from the lakes surface the voice resounding and echoing through Yasu’s mind, “Are you listening asshole. If it wouldn’t kill me, I’d cut down a failure like you myself. Like I was saying before you should just give in. I know you, you’ll always fail, because it is who you are, you are Failure Incarnate.” Yasu’s mouth opened but all that was given from his lungs were empty, bated breaths and swallowed words. His body creeping towards the water he could feel himself giving in it would be just as easy as… “My boy do you know” That voice, that familiar voice again. Yasu knew it from somewhere, but where…. Yasu stood up at the edge of the lake again his eyes checking the edge of the lake “where”, the bushes “where”, the tree line “where have I heard that voice before”, tired and worn out and low on chakra from his long day Yasu, and he had to give in because he would need Toriga’s help if he was to going protect himself. He made the appropriate hand sign slowly and deliberately, he couldn’t afford to mess up. “Skitter Step: senses open” As chakra flowed into his brain he could now hear Toriga’s voice once again resound in his mind resonating with his chakra. He felt it now, what he hated most about himself the urge, the craving, the need to make something bleed. He pulled a long black hilted blade from its sheath and held Toriga’s form, this cracked, chipped blade. Then he placed his hand on the blade, and tightened his grip. His blood slowly oozed down the Blade and it began to repair its cracks and chips. Yasu numb to this pain opened his mouth and let Toriga’s words flow from them “ Oh it is always so, pleasing to cut you. To cut a failure. To cut someone you hate so” The stranger interrupted once more, “Yasu, my boy, do you know” Yasu blinked and sheathed his blade. This voice he knew it. “Sensei”
Standing on the middle of the lake Yasu saw his father he was so far but his voice sounded so near. He must have been using a ninjutsu to project his voice so far. “Yas, my boy, do you know why you have that blade?” His father beckoning towards him, Yasu begins walking on the water then running but quickly falls into the water up to his knees. “What are you doing get away from him. You know you can’t make it that far on the water you goddamn failure. You’re gonna run low on chakra.” Yasu raises one foot, then the other fighting against the pain. Once again on top of the water he strained to slowly walk forward. “Go back to the shore you idiot! Stay away fro” Yasu interrupted his other half “Skitter Step: stop” and with a single hand sign the jutsu receded. Yasu continued his forward struggle step by step by missed step, and just like that he would fall back in. “Stay away from him Yasu. Get away!” Toriga’s voice was beginning to fill with an emotion between anguish and fear. Yasu would struggle back to the surface though, fighting his equipment, chain shirt, and wet clothes the entire way up. With a deep breath as he returned to the surface, the air would burn his nose and throat which were raw with exhaustion. He would place tired hand after tired hand on the surface- “Yasu. Why, why for him?” The emotion in Toriga’s voice growing stronger - tired leg after tired leg hitting the surface, and he would stand once more. Took his heavy, wet scarf from around his neck and tied it around his head, like a bandanna so it would cover his brow. Yasu opened his mouth “and… and I… will not fail” the words fell from his mouth like the water drops from his clothes hit his reflection. Yasu began making his way to his father again. “Why are you doing this there’s no one there just turn around. He’s no one, nothing, is he really more valuable to you than my life, than our lives.”
The emotion in Toriga’s voice was overwhelmingly something. Yasu knew this emotion, he knew it well. “Skitter Step: Senses Open!” Hatred this feeling, it was called hatred. Toriga’s voice rang true from Yasu’s throat “You, you’ve done this to me. And to Yasu. There exist one thing in all of existence that I hate more than this piece of trash. Just tell me why. Why did you do it.” Toriga yelled as loud as he could at the man on the lake, the hatred burning Yasu’s throat like flames. The tears on his face stung like frostbite. “Yas, my boy, do you know why you have that blade? Do you know” Yasu’s father beckoned him once more.
“No he doesn’t know, and neither do I. Why do you refuse to acknowledge me, I am a package deal. none of us asked for this it’s just how all of our hands played out… I see how it has to be… I’ve wanted to cut you all of my life.”[/color]
[1019 words / 1000 words]
Jutsu UsedShow
I Don't have many ninjutsu

*[Senses Open]
C Rank Ninjutsu
The main jutsu of the Skitter Step, Senses Open does exactly what the name states. The user's senses are magnified by a great degree and they are constantly looking around, gaining sensory information. Their personality will slightly change to a "defeat or be defeated" mentality. Also, a user in this state will be easy to see that they are in it since they are constantly acting paranoid by looking around, zoning in on about anything. Though, throughout the time, the ninja tends to attack purely based on instinct, rather than planning anything out, which effectively increases their speed and taijutsu by 1 and decreases their wit by 2. To activate it, the user must do a handseal, flooding chakra to their brain to 'unlock' their senses. Once activated, this lasts until they deactivate it with *Stop or until they are out of battle.

*[Stop]
E Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Senses Open used.
A standard jutsu for the Skitter Step. After completing the hand seal, the user returns back to their normal state compared to the "Senses Open" state. This can't be used in the same post as Senses Open.

*[Act of Water Surface Walking]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
A variation of the Act of Tree Climbing technique, this jutsu requires the user to focus a precise and balanced amount of charka into the soles of his/her feet. By doing so, the user is able to walk on the surface of water as though it were a solid surface. Users with low control 2 or lower are much more likely to fall through the surface of the water, while users with average control 3 or higher will be able to use this technique functionally. It lasts for a number of posts equal to the user's stamina stat times 3.
CharactersShow
Konoha Genin - Hiroshi Yasu - no team

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”