[Plotboard]The Pet Plunderer, Pt.1

Jules

Post by Jules » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:33 am

This thread is the first part of a two-part Plotboard, details on said Plotboard can be found over here
Another day, another chance to do...Whatever it was that Shinobi did. Uphold the peace? Honestly, Inoshiro had been feeling quite clueless as to what to do as of late. Finally being promoted to a Genin was a milestone in her life, but in all honesty, it didn't feel like much had changed. She'd occasionally patrol the streets, help out villagers with small tasks, and other things of that nature. But...Doing true Shinobi's work? None of that. Not yet, atleast...

Was it because of just how much of a rookie she was? Inoshiro was finally a Shinobi, sure, but she was still the lowest of the low- just a Genin...What use did the village really have for someone of her skill level? Was she still as worthless as ever?

Vacant eyes stared across the horizon, seemingly stuck in a daydream. A bird suddenly chirped near her, making the small Kunoichi jump back to reality. Her eyes fluttered absentmindedly, before she gazed around herself wondering what she was even doing all this time.

''...How long have I been sitting here?'' She muttered to herself with a small sigh. No one anwsered, though, and neither could she anwser it herself. It felt like hours, really...

...Damn was she bored.

Deciding that it was better to do anything than simply sit there and waste away, Inoshiro stood up from the porch she'd been sitting at for what seemed like a billion years, letting out a hefty groan. Arms threw themselves up in the air as she stretched exaggeratedly, before letting out a quiet yawn. Was this all that today had to offer for her? Sleepiness and boredom?

Maybe a bit of excitement was too much to hope for...

Suddenly, the front door slid open behind her, as if the heavens above had heard her prayer for something to happen! ''Oh, Shiro dearie, there you are!'' Inoshiro's mother called out as she saw her daughter stand right infront of the door. The Kunoichi turned to face her mother, eyes immediately caught by the scroll she held in her hand. ''What'cha got there, mom?'' The curious Kunoichi was quick to ask, pointing at the closed scroll.

''Well, this is why I was looking for you-'' She paused, holding up the scroll and wagging it with a smile. ''You've got mail from the Administrative Division!'' Shiro's mom explained excitedly, already knowing fully well what that meant for her daughter. Inoshiro's face lit up with excitement! She let out a big, surprised gasp, her eyes twinkled, and two hands raised up in a weak attempt to hide her stupidly large smile!

''Quick quick, let me see!!'' Inoshiro practically yelled as she yanked the scroll out of her mother's hand. She didn't hesitate one bit to yank off the seal keeping it shut, and pulled it open to reveal the following:

'To Inoshiro of house Yamanaka,

Congratulations! You have hereby been chosen for your first ever mission as a Shinobi, and will be carrying it out with a fellow Genin by the name of Takara, Yoru.
You are hereby requested to head to the Mission Asignment Desk, located within the Ninja Academy, as soon as possible. There you will receive further details about your mission.

Signed,
The Administrative Division of Konohagakure.
'

The Kunoichi's eyes widened in awe as she finished reading the parchment. ''No way...!-'' She gasped loudly, her eyes snapping toward her mother's, filled with amazement and pride. ''Mom, I got picked! My first mission!'' Inoshiro let out excitedly. Some might say she was a bit too excited- but this was a big deal to Inoshiro! This marked her first ever true duty as a Shinobi, her first step to making it big within the Shinobi world!

''Your father and I knew you'd get picked in no time! Go on now, make us proud, Shiro.'' Her mother spoke sternly, although the pride for her daughter was easily noticeable. ''I will, I promise I will.'' Inoshiro replied with a determined nod, before turning around and leaping off of the hill her house was located on.
The trip toward the Academy was shorter than usual, but that was expected- considering Inoshiro was running toward it like a crazed maniac. After almost accidentally running into several people, she decided to take the rooftops instead, much less crowded up there!

She quickly closed in on the Academy, and within only a few moments, she stood face to face with the large building, heart pounding wildly within her chest. What would await her on this mission? What would it even be? Her thoughts ran rampant with excitement, although she tried to remain calm and serious...Emphasis on 'tried'.

With a small grunt, Inoshiro leapt off the final rooftop and landed within a few feet of the Academy's main entrance. Standing up, she paused her steps and let out a big sigh, taking another look at the scroll she received from her mother. Opening it once more, she couldn't help but notice the second name noted within...

''...Takara Yoru?''
Characters
Yamanaka, InoshiroKonohagakureGenin|Nin 10|Tai 3|Gen 5|Stam 5|Con 10|Str 5|Spd 5|Int 10|Team 21

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:06 am

'Well, that's interesting.' Yoru thought tiredly as he stared down at the scroll in his hand. He had went to check on his mail to see if there was anything in the mailbox(not that he was expecting there to be, who would send him mail?) To his surprise, there was actually something in there, which he absentmindedly recognized as a mission scroll. Shrugging, Yoru went back inside with the scroll tucked under his arm as he tossed together a quick meal and left his small apartment, undoing the seal on the scroll and reading it with half-lidded eyes.

'To Takara Yoru,

Congratulations! You have hereby been chosen for your first ever mission as a Shinobi, and will be carrying it out with a fellow Genin by the name of Yamanaka, Inoshiro.
You are hereby requested to head to the Mission Asignment Desk, located within the Ninja Academy, as soon as possible. There you will receive further details about your mission.

Signed,
The Administrative Division of Konohagakure.'

"Huh." Yoru muttered beneath his scarf, having quickly scanned the scroll. "A Yamanaka? This should be interesting. Just hope they're calmer than some of their clansmen." Yoru quietly huffed, remembering how noisy some of his Yamanaka classmates were.

Making his way to the Academy, Yoru absentmindedly noticed that it was a bit chilly. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he glanced up to see the Academy's main entrance, with a blonde-haired girl blocking the doors. Yoru sighed. "'Scuse me." He muttered, waiting for her to move so that he could head in to get his mission and meet the genin he would be working with.
NameColorVillageRankTeam
Muramasa, Fudo[color=#CB0000]Iron CountryD-RankN/A
Awai, Seiza[color=#2E2D88]KonohagakureGenin???

Jules

Post by Jules » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:20 pm

Changing the colour of Shiro's dialogue, sorry if it's a tad confusing, the old colour just didnt really read nicely.
Ta-ka-ra...Yooo...Ru? Inoshiro hummed quietly to herself, eyes narrowing slightly as she read over the name again. It seemed strangely familiar, like she had heard or seen it before- but where? Assuming this 'Yoru' person was also a Genin, maybe it was one of her old classmates from the Academy?

The Kunoichi hummed again, trying to recall who or what the name belonged to, yet she couldn't really link a face to it, no matter how hard she tried. Funnily enough, Inoshiro really hadn't even noticed that she was blocking the entrance to the Academy, way too distracted by her own thoughts.

She heard a tired sigh from behind her, followed by an absentminded 'Excuse me', one that sounded quite annoyed to her! Inoshiro's eyes gazed up, blinking rapidly as she quickly began to realize just how much she stood in the way! ''H-Oh, oh, excuse me, I'm sorry...!'' She let out in an embarassed whimper, turning her head with an awkward smile, facing the much taller person before her.

Actually- now that she thought about it, this guy looked so tall...A Chuunin, perhaps? Maybe he knew more about this 'Yoru' person? It'd be nice to atleast know who she was teaming up with before taking the mission and having to go find him afterwards, it'd be much easier if they could go accept it together, right?

''Actually, uh- sir...?'' Inoshiro adressed him formally, although hesitantly. Even though he was tall, he didn't exactly look like an adult? It made her feel quite...Unsure, really. But neverheless, this was her best shot. ''I was wondering if you knew anyone called Yoru Takara...? I'm supposed to team up with him for this mission, but I'm not sure where to go look for him...'' It was quite obvious in her tone that she felt like she was annoying him for asking such a stupid question, shy and low.

Inoshiro let out small, nervous laugh, eyebrows raised apologetically. ''It's okay if you don't know- it was a pretty dumb question anyway...S-sorry for bothering you...!'' Inoshiro decided that it was best to get out of there before she embarassed herself even more. She was quick to turn on her heels again, and prepared to take off in search for this 'Yoru'...
Characters
Yamanaka, InoshiroKonohagakureGenin|Nin 10|Tai 3|Gen 5|Stam 5|Con 10|Str 5|Spd 5|Int 10|Team 21

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:32 pm

Yoru stared blankly at the girl as she babbled, fumbling over her words with nervousness clear in her voice. It wasn't until he heard his name mentioned that he raised an eyebrow, taking a closer look at the girl. 'Blonde hair... check. Green eyes... check. Obviously a rookie... check. Huh. Might as well.' Yoru tried thinking of how to formulate his words before mentally shrugging, going for the blunt approach. "You Yamanaka Inoshiro?" Yoru asked blankly, continuing on without waiting for an answer. "I'm Takara Yoru, I guess we'll be working together for whatever mission the Administration is giving us." Not wanting to seem rude, Yoru stuck out his right hand, left still in his pocket, and stared into her eyes. He had heard that eye contact during a handshake makes you seem more professional.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:13 am

The blank stare she received through the fumbled mess of 'words' didn't really help her feel any less stupid. Despite the slight raise of his eyebrows, this scarfed stranger barely gave her any reaction whatsoever, making little old Inoshiro feel quite...Dumb.

And so, she simply turned around, not wanting to look like a dang idiot infront of any more people- yet as she prepare to walk away...

''You Yamanaka Inoshiro?''
...Huh?

''...You know my name?'' Inoshiro muttered confusedly, turning her head to face him again with a raised eyebrow. How, though? But then, without pause, he continued to speak in the same bland tone, revealing that HE was the Yoru guy she was looking for...!

''Really?!'' Inoshiro let out, both surprised and excited, before letting out a fit of awkward yet hearty laughter. ''Wow, that's kinda convenient, isn't it?'' Inoshiro tilted her head to the side, smirking lightly as she took hold of the extended hand. Her grip was quite firm for a girl, really, something her dad always taught her since she was a kid. A strong grip meant you respected someone! Or...Something along those lines.

''Anyway yeah, Inoshiro, that's me!'' She introduced herself, before letting go of Yoru's hand. While he looked a bit absentminded and bored, and somewhere she did hope her mission partner would be a bit more excited, she wasn't one to judge. Maybe he was just shy?

Wouldn't hurt to talk a bit more to him, right? They were gonna be stuck with eachother for a while longer anyway. ''Can't believe I mistook you for a Chuunin! You, uh, you look a bit tall for a Genin, to be honest.'' The Kunoichi spoke in a positive tone, trying to start some small-talk between the two. It'd be for the best if they got to know eachother a bit more- atleast, that's what she thought.

Inoshiro turned around, beckoning for Yoru to follow her as she spoke. ''We should get going, the quicker we get this done the more we'll impress them, right?'' Well, maybe, but honestly Inoshiro was just excited beyond words to get started on this mission, the 'impressing' part was just a neat little side-thing.

Whether or not Yoru chose to walk beside her, she'd still ask him the following out of sheer curiosity,
''So...You excited? Think they got something fun in store for us? This'll be my first mission...Not sure what to expect, really...''

Characters

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:43 am

Yoru didn't even flinch as the girl, who now confirmed her identity as the Inoshiro girl he would be working with, firmly shook his hand, despite the minor bolts of pain that raced up his arm. "Yeah... convenient." Yoru muttered, staring at his now free hand and flexing it in discomfort. "Nice to meet you." he said with a brief nod as he listened to her trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, I'm still a Genin. Nowhere near good enough to be a Chuunin but hey, only just graduated so not much of a surprise." Yoru said, plastering a small smile onto his face. "What about you? When did you graduate?" he asked curiously, despite the fact that she was obviously still a rookie. Might as well make conversation.

Yoru stayed quiet for a bit as Inoshiro talked, nodding at her suggestion of getting the mission done fast. He was still pretty tired, having only slept for a couple hours last night, so he was eager to get the mission over with and get back to bed before heading out for some training.

He rolled his eyes though, when she asked his opinion on the mission. "I doubt it will be very fun or exciting. It's only a D-Rank, and from what I've heard, they are essentially nothing more than tough chores." Yoru said, falling into step just behind the girl as they walked into the Academy, heading for the Mission Assignment Desk. Yoru absentmindedly eyeballed the area, taking note of the relatively young and very bored looking Chuunin slumped over at the desk, flicking through some folders labelled with a bold D.

Yoru tapped the Yamanaka on the arm and pointed at the desk when he noticed that she had gotten too caught up in talking, and was about to head down the wrong hallway. "Looks like we're here." he said, injecting a little bit of cheer into his voice as he strode towards the desk with his long, but slow strides.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:59 am

''Uh- not...Not too long ago, couldn't have been more than a week or two...'' Inoshiro replied casually in reference to Yoru's question about her graduation. The two continued to absentmindedly walk along the various hallways and rooms of the overly large Ninja Academy, Inoshiro honestly having little clue as to where they were heading. She was more or less just...Following Yoru.

Sadly he didn't really seem all that excited about what their mission had in store for them, not even the slightest bit, judging from his looks. Inoshiro had given him a curious glance every now and again, trying to get a read on his almost saddeningly bland expression and posture. Honestly, she felt quite concerned for the guy. All sorts of assumptions sprouted in her head, although she was more or less just...wondering. Shyness? Apathy? Sadness?

Hopefully he just felt a bit awkward being sent on a mission with some strange Yamanaka girl- atleast, that's what Shiro hoped. Would be better than finding out he felt really sad about something. ''Well...Let's just hope we don't have to do something boring, like hauling around someone's groceries...-'' Inoshiro paused with a contemplating hum, before simply shrugging it off with a smile. ''Guess we'll find out! Right?''

Yoru noted that they had arrived, shifting Inoshiro's attention to the room they were in. It took her a bit to notice the annoyed, bored Chuunin sitting there rummaging through the files. Administrative work looked pretty damn dull, so she couldn't really blame the guy...

''...Ah, you two must be the uh, Genin.'' The Chuunin paused, clearing his throat as he looked through more scrolls. ''...Yoru, aaand...Inoshiro. Alright, found it.'' He let out with a sigh as he pulled out one of the Mission Scrolls. He lazily plopped it down on the desk, apparently waiting someone to do something with an apathetic look in his eyes.

Rather than picking up the Scroll, though, Inoshiro pointed at it curiously, carefully walking toward the desk. ''Excuse me, do you...Do you know what the mission's about?'' She asked a bit nervously- she always had the tendency to get nervous around people of higher ranking than her, now wasn't any different. The Chuunin simply shrugged again, though, sitting back in his chair with a tired groan. ''I'dunno, somethin' about a dog or whatever...''

An awkward silence fell, Inoshiro's eyes narrowing as she sent a glance toward Yoru, then back at the Chuunin. ''...A dog?'' She asked, but to no avail, the Chuunin simply shrugged again, letting the silence continue on in all of its awkward glory.

Inoshiro let out a puffy breath, looking over to Yoru with a weird, somewhat confused look in her eyes- at this point she REALLY didn't know what to expect...! ''Well, uh...You wanna do the honours, Yoru...?'' The Kunoichi asked awkwardly, gesturing over toward the scroll on the desk.
Characters

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Hearing that Yamanaka had only graduated a couple weeks ago, Yoru raised an eyebrow curiously, wondering which class she was in. There weren't very many classes, but she definitely was not in his own. Either that or, the more likely scenario, he just didn't notice her. He was never particularly... social, especially with the people in his class, so chances are she might have just gone unnoticed by him. Eh, whatever, not important.

What was important was that they were here for a mission. Quietly listening to the Chuunin talking about the mission-something about a dog-Yoru's eyes locked on the sealed scroll that held their mission within. A slightly eager glint in his eyes(contrary to his words earlier, Yoru was quite excited to take his first official step into his ninja career), Yoru watched his colleague exchange a few final words with the Chuunin before she gestured to the scroll on the desk. Around this point Yoru snapped back to reality to find Inoshiro staring at him confusedly. Hoping that he didn't miss anything too important, he quietly reach over to the scroll, carefully undoing the binding holding it closed and rolling it open.

D-RANK
Mission Recipient(s): Takara Yoru, Yamanaka Inoshiro
Mission Details: Approximately 20 hours ago, the 3-time champion of the Konohagakure Dog Show, Miko, was reported missing. There were signs of the owner's house being broken into, though the dog was the only thing reported missing. Several groups of Genin are being sent out to find this dog, each one to a separate section of the village. The Genin who this scroll has been assigned to are to search the Northern sector of the village. Should the dog not be found within 36 hours of going missing, the mission will be considered a failure. Upon locating the dog, the finders are to arrest the one who took it and return to the Mission Desk with both the Dog and the Perpetrator.
Mission Summary: Find the stolen Dog and take the thief into custody

Quickly reading through the scroll, Yoru was a little disappointed at how simple the mission seemed to be. While he wasn't expecting something major right off the bat, he certainly wasn't expecting to have to rescue a dog.

With a quiet sigh, Yoru passed the scroll over to Inoshiro, turning to the Chuunin. "Are there any clues as to the whereabouts of the dog? Any sightings? A trail?" Yoru asked in a voice that was a tad more serious than it normally was.

With a shrug, the bored Chuunin shook his head, saying "Sorry kid, no such luck. And if there were any clues aside from what's in that scroll, I wouldn't know. I started my shift ten... maybe fifteen minutes ago."

With another sigh, Yoru glanced over at Inoshiro and waited until she had finished reading the scroll before asking "Any ideas of how to start this? Should we just start asking around for any information in our assigned area?"
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:42 am

Her curious eyes were fixated on the scroll as Yoru took hold of it, silently opening it before skimming through it. His lack of emotion, or any sort of reaction for that matter, made Inoshiro even more curious- Was it a boring mission after all? What about a dog? Inoshiro let out a curious hum, eagerly glancing toward Yoru. ''...Well? What's it say?''

Yet instead of getting an actual explanation, Yoru simply let out a small sigh and handed the Mission Scroll over toward her. She blinked a few times, eyes wide as her hand reached out and took hold of the scroll.

Inoshiro intently read the details about their mission whilst Yoru spoke to the Chuunin, her eyes slowly lighting up excitedly! They had to go find a stolen dog? And here she was thinking D-rank missions would be tedious and boring! ''Cool...! This beats having to do someone's groceries!'' The Kunoichi let out a small fit of pleasant laughter, before shifting her attention to Yoru and the Chuunin once more.

Yoru asked her what their first move should be, resulting in a low hum buzzing through pursed lips. ''...Well...-'' Shiro paused, eyes moving toward the details held within the scroll. ''We should go talk to the owner, I think. Maybe they saw something- and who knows, we might find some clues!'' Inoshiro explained her thought process, seemingly quite excited to get this show on the road. While they were only tracking down a dog, this was much better than anything she could've expected- and besides, just because it's a dog that got kidnapped doesn't make it any less serious!

She let out another hum, holding up the scroll one final time. ''...We should probably get going- apparently we only have around 16 hours.'' Inoshiro spoke with a hum, before placing the scroll in her large back pocket. Quite the tight timeslot to solve a kidnapping...And with other Genin teams looking for the same dog, it was almost like a contest! If they were the ones to find the dog and arrest the dog-napper, they'd get tons of praise!

With a glimmer of determination in her eyes, Inoshiro smiled as she turned to face the doorway, taking a few paces before looking back at Yoru. ''You coming? This furball isn't gonna save himself!''
Characters

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:31 am

Listening to Inoshiro talk, Yoru mentally re-evaluated his opinion on her. So she wasn't stupid... Not that he thought she was(she was a Yamanaka after all), but she hadn't exactly demonstrated her intelligence before then. "Smart. Luckily the Academy is in the Northern part of the village, so we won't have too long to walk."

Turning back to the Chuunin who went back to shuffling through papers, Yoru asked "Can we have the address of th-" Before he had even finished asking, the Chuunin had thrust out a small scrap of paper that had a directions scrawled on in. The Chuunin looked annoyed as he said "I'm not deaf kid, and you're like... 3 feet away from me. Now get going." After saying that, the Chuunin glanced back at the filing cabinets behind him, seemingly dreading his job.

"You coming? This furball isn't gonna save himself!" Hearing Inoshiro talking, Yoru turned back to her to see her determinedly standing several paces away from where she was before. Giving a small shrug, Yoru started walking, handing the paper with the address off to his partner as he said "You should probably lead, I'm barely faster than a civilian toddler." Yoru momentarily paused as a thought came to mind, quickly resuming his previous(slow) pace.

"Speaking of, we should probably share some info on what we're good at in case the thief turns out to be violent." Yoru said calmly, glancing over at his partner and seeing her seem to think over his words. "I'll start. I'm all but useless in a physical confrontation, and I'm not much better with Genjutsu, though I can break lower-ranked ones without too much trouble. I do have decent arsenal of Ninjutsu... for a Genin at least." It probably wasn't very smart of him to be sharing his strengths and weaknesses with someone who he had only just met, but he could tell that she wasn't very comfortable around him, and despite how little he cared, he didn't want her to feel like she couldn't trust him in a fight.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:12 pm

She only just now noticed the piece of paper being handed to Yoru, judgemental eyes glaring at the Chuunin. Not liking your job was one thing, but being such an apathetic donut to everyone else? That was another thing...Yet speaking up to him really didn't seem like a good idea, so she merely grumbled a bit annoyedly, before Yoru approached her.

Inoshiro hesitated briefly when the scrap of paper was handed to her, but ultimately took hold of it. ''Uh- right...'' The Kunoichi muttered, following along with Yoru as they began to exit the building.

Curiously she unfolded the paper, still trying her best to listen to her assigned teammate whilst she read the directions. Feeling a bit concerned for the guy and what he mentioned about his pace, she made sure to walk a bit slower so he could keep up.

''That's...Not a bad idea,'' Inoshiro hummed- she was about to say more, yet chose to simply stay quiet. Honestly, the idea of a violent thief didn't really make her feel any good. Actual dangerous conflict did scare her, even though she'd act tough in the face of it.

Finally stepping out of the Academy's building alongside Yoru, she continued to listen, quite surprised at just how honest and open Yoru was! A small smile crept up on her face, very grateful of the fact that she wasn't paired with some overconfident asshole.

''...Atleast you're honest about your flaws, I uh- I appreciate that...'' Pausing, Shiro smiled weakly, finding some appreciation in Yoru's honesty. Understandable, considering just how insecure she was about herself. ''There's way too many people around who think they're tough shit, you know?''

Still following the directions on the piece of paper, Shiro hummed. Guess it was her turn now, huh?

Her eyes gazed infront of her, feeling a bit awkward, having to talk about herself. ''I don't really...Have any specialties, besides my Clan heritage...-'' The Kunoichi paused with a small sigh. ''I'm not anything special physically, but my Ninjutsu and Genjutsu are...Alright? My Taijutsu sucks, I know that much...'' Shiro shut her mouth for a moment, feeling quite...Saddened, by the fact that she really had nothing special going for her. All she was, was 'That Yamanaka girl', as if her Clan was the only thing noteworthy about her. Just another average Shinobi, right?

Honesty hurt sometimes, but somewhere, it really did help her. Lying to yourself and others wasn't going to get you anywhere. Besides, it helped build some trust between them, right? Inoshiro let out a positive hum, shrugging her shoulders, deciding to put a positive spin to it all. ''Still, we Yamanaka have some really handy Jutsu, I'm sure we'll be fine!'' Shiro spoke with a smile, glancing toward Yoru. ''Besiiiides, we're Shinobi now, this is what we trained all those years for, right?'' She asked, trying to pull some optimism and excitement from that blank, uninterested expression of his.

Inoshiro still couldn't really put her finger on why exactly Yoru seemed so...Distant.

Characters

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Now, while Yoru wasn't exactly... skilled with social skills, he liked to think that he wasn't oblivious, as his ears picked up Shiro's mutter statement. Or at least a part of it, something about people thinking they're tough. Anyways, he was mentally cataloging what Shiro was telling him, trying to think of potential ways for him to make use of the information. She was a genin so she probably wouldn't have many, if any particularly powerful genjutsu(note to self, get more practice in breaking and detecting genjutsu), so he should be able to worm his way out of anything she tried to do to him. The only potential issue would be if she tried using one of her clan's signature Mind techniques on him, though that could be easily countered by-

Whoa Yoru, calm down, she's not your enemy. At least not yet, but that isn't the point, she's your partner(since when did he start referring to Inoshiro as his partner?) for this mission, no need to be paranoid.

Glancing up, Yoru managed to catch the last few words of her sentence, "-ides, we're Shinobi now, this is what we trained all those years for, right?"

With a short nod, Yoru replied with "Yeah, at the very least we won't be taken down by a dog thief. Just make sure to keep your guard up, just in case." He said this with a hint of kindness, adjusting his scarf a bit as he did so, momentarily exposing the pale flesh of his neck to the cold morning air, causing him to shudder slightly before re-securing the scarf.

After a few more minutes of walking in(what Yoru would describe as) companionable silence, Yoru glanced towards the piece of paper that had the directions to the client's home written on it, noting that they were approaching the address, and relaying his thought to Inoshiro. As he did so, he carefully observed the house for any possible exits, entryways, and other details that stood out to him. It was a fairly nice home, 2 stories with a pleasant-looking garden, with several large windows on both the ground and upper floors, though one of the ground-level ones appeared to be covered up by tape and cardboard, probably the window that the thief came in through, though why they didn't use the door was anyone's guess.

The walls seemed to be made of brick, and were painted over with a rather subdued shade of dark green paint. The only major entrance that he saw was the front door, though there was evidence of a backyard. The roof was flat and had a chimney sticking out the top, smoke steadily wafting from it. Yoru quietly strode up the cobblestone path, stopping in front of the door and glancing at Inoshiro, making a 'go ahead' gesture towards the doorbell.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:48 am

''Mhm!'' Was all she could really anwser with in response to Yoru's words. Inoshiro was quick to pick up the slight hint of kindness in his words, making her feel a bit better. She didn't really see any use in continuing with the small-talk, talking was fine and all, but too much of it would just make her look really annoying. The fact that Yoru seemed to be opening up a tiny bit to her was already enough to make her feel more comfortable.

After continuing to follow the directions closely, they arrived at their destination way quicker than Inoshiro thought they would! Honestly, the home looked REALLY ugly to her- it was obvious that whoever lived there had a bunch of money, but really didn't have an eye for decoration. ''...Who the heck paints their house green?'' Shiro muttered in disgust, letting out a small sigh. ''I mean- really, out of all colors...?''

Ignoring the disgusting outer look of the place for now, they arrived at the front door, nodding at Yoru as he gestured toward the door bell. Inoshiro gazed up at it, though, only to realize...She couldn't reach it-she was too damn tiny! Letting out a thick groan of annoyance, she lifted a hand to firmly knock on the wooden door instead, the sound echoing through the area a fair bit.

And for a moment...Silence. Was anyone even home...?

Slowly, but surely, distant footsteps could be heard huddling toward the front door, almost...Panicky.

The front door opened with a loud creak, revealing a small, slightly overweight woman with thick makeup and bright blonde hair. ''Oh, oh you two darlings, I see those headbands! Just who I needed- you two are angels I tell you!!'' The woman spoke in a loud, booming voice, hiding a few saddened sobs in her speech. Her eyes were red with tears, some of her eyeliner running out- it...Didn't really respond well with Inoshiro, who tried to hide her uncomfortableness the best she could.

''Uh, yeah, hi! We're...Genin, sorry for bothering, but-'' Inoshiro paused, taking out the Mission Scroll they were given, before looking through it. ''Are you the owner offff.....Mi-''

''MIKO, YES! OH MY BEAUTIFUL DARLING MIKO- IT BREAKS MY HEART I TELL YOU!'' The Woman practically screamed into their face before turning around. She walked into her home, dabbing her teary eyes with a napkin. ''Please, come in, come in! I'll help you two in whatever way possible! All for my beautiful baby!!'' The woman yelled at them from a distance, disappearing into the doorway, possibly into her living room.

Left alone for a moment with Yoru, Inoshiro was...Shocked, really. There were no other words to describe her feelings. Would she have nightmares after today? Possibly.
Silently, she turned her head to stare at Yoru wide-eyed, her pursed lips imitating the noise of a deflating balloon. ''...Uh...Why don't you go in first...?'' She whispered to him with the faintest, most nervous of smiles.

Characters

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:38 am

With an amused smirk at Inoshiro's muttering about how ugly the house looked(not that he disagreed), Yoru silently stood behind his partner for the sake of professionalism, giving it the appearance that she had a higher level of authority than he did, thus making the client more likely to ask her the questions. 'Simple psychology' Yoru thought to himself, a devious grin making it's way across his face(underneath his scarf of course) as the client, a small, overweight woman with heavy makeup and bright blonde hair, started babbling in a loud voice, apparently sobbing over the pet-napping of her dog.

As she and his partner were talking, Yoru quietly looked over the client's shoulder into the house, seeing a large, lavishly decorated room with all sorts of gaudy designs, from fluorescent flowery curtains, to red velvet sofas, to even a rug that appeared to be made out of- 'Wait, is that dog hair?' Yoru thought incredulously, baffled at the idea that anybody would have a rug made out of dog hair of all things. It didn't even look well-made!

"...Uh...Why don't you go in first...?" Yoru heard Inoshiro ask, and he picked up on the twinge of nervousness in her voice. Patting her on the shoulder, he made his way inside, shuddering at the very strong, very unpleasant smell of perfume and incense the filled the house.

"Are we sure that her dog didn't just run away to get away from her?" Yoru whispered to Inoshiro, a dumbfounded expression on his face as he thought of just how much money this woman had to have spent on such useless decorations.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:36 pm

Her father had always told her that 'It was a bad idea to step into the house of a complete stranger!', and even though she didn't always agree with her father- she could totally see where her old man was coming from now. No one in their right mind would think it was a cautious and rational decision to step foot inside of THAT, right?! She could smell the pungent waft of perfume from outside!

Yoru, the brave soul that he was, stepped in before she did, even giving her a little reassuring pat on the shoulder. Seeing her courageous teammate potentially sacrifice his nostrils for her sake, it filled her with her own courage. Her nose be damned, they had a dog to save!

''Okay, Shiro, you got this...'' She whispered to herself, before stepping in. The smell pierced her nostrils like poison, the thick perfume stinging her eyes as she let out a quick hacking cough. The Kunoichi quickly rubbed her eyes and tried to look as unaffected as possible, as to not seem rude, stepping further and further into the home as she took in her surroundings.

The walls were plastered with all sorts of ugly decorations, the furniture was brighter than the sun itself, and the rug was...Was...''Is...Is that dog hair...?'' Inoshiro let out confusedly, honestly sounding quite rude in her tone. Yet the woman didn't seem to mind, looking away from a picture of her beloved dog and toward Inoshiro. ''Oh? Oh, yes! That rug was made with Miko's own fur! Everytime we cut her fur, I have it added to the rug! Isn't it beautiful!?'' She let out in a loud, prideful voice, as if the rug was her 'magnum opus', the highpoint of her...Amazing decorative abilities.

All Inoshiro could really do was shudder- who the hell would turn their own dog's fur into a rug...!? Combined with this pungent, toxic air...She was starting to think that maybe, MAYBE the dog might be in a better place now!

''...Ma'am? Do you have a picture of Miko? So we know what to look for?'' Despite her disgust, Inoshiro managed to hide her resentment toward the woman, and remain professional. With a nod, the owner swooped a framed picture off of a coffee table, and handed it toward the smaller Kunoichi. ''...Here, there she is...My little baby-'' She paused, and sighed deeply, a single tear running down her cheek. ''Oh how I hope you two can find her...I truly, truly miss her...'' She sobbed. Despite her attitude and loud personality, it was quite clear that their client really did care for her dog, maybe a bit too much.

The picture Inoshiro was handed was of a proud-looking, fairly large snow white dog. Its fur was beautifully combed and as clean as can be, long and styled to perfection. A little bit too perfect, if you asked Shiro...This obviously wasn't a regular dog, and the fur looked like it was washed recently, fur glistening like silk.

''Please, help yourselves, dearies! I'll leave you two alone, if you have any questions, I'll be upstairs!'' Wow, seems like she held a lot of trust in Shiro and Yoru, despite being complete strangers. Without any hesitation, she simply...Left, saddened, yet she looked hopeful- most likely having faith in both Yoru as well as Shiro. ''...Well, let's...Get to work, I guess...''

With a groan, Inoshiro presented the framed picture of Miko toward Yoru, just in case he wanted to take a look at their target as well. ''...How the hell are we supposed to focus in this smell, though? It's like we're being gassed with poison...!'' Inoshiro snarled annoyedly, although she kept her voice down- just in case the owner could hear them.

Wiping her tear-stained, irritated eyes again, she groaned, before looking at Yoru with an unamused pout. ''Got any ideas? Where we should look, or whatever?''

Characters

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:20 pm

The moment that Inoshiro followed him in, Yoru noticed her gagging quite heavily at the smell. Filing that thought away for later, Yoru's eyes scanned the room carefully, noting the broken window off to the side that seemed to be temporarily patched up with plastic, probably until they had a new window cut to size.

While his eyes swept the area, his ears remained open as he carefully listened to the exchange between Inoshiro and the client, taking note of the fact that the client seemed to place a rather large amount of trust in the two of them... Whatever.

When Inoshiro mentioned not being able to focus with the smell, a metaphorical lightbulb appeared over Yoru's head as he began rapidly formulating a plan. When Inoshiro asked him if he had any ideas, the first words out of his mouth were "Do you have any experience in tracking by scent?"

After receiving an answer, Yoru began to quickly explain his idea. "If we can manage to pick up on a scent, more specifically this house's scent, we might be able to track down the dog. Not to mention that we would be able to use other things along the way to figure out where we need to go, like fur, or glass shards. It'll probably be tough to get a good scent trail, but considering just how pungent the smell is, we should be able to at least get a decent lock on it." Yoru took several deep breaths after finishing, glancing back at Inoshiro(since he had apparently turned his back to her while explaining) to get her opinion on the idea.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Honestly, it surprised Inoshiro that Yoru could still keep his calm, bland demeanor even while having to deal with the putrid smell of all the cologne and perfume. Was it the scarf acting like a gas mask? It was probably the scarf.

...She oughta get one of those for herself.

It seemed to make the much taller Yoru able to think more clearly than she could at the moment as well, as Inoshiro got a quick and simple reply to her question. A single eyebrow raised in curiosity. ''...Tracking by scent?'' She parroted in thought. Well- no, she didn't have any experience...But she had a feeling as to what Yoru was hinting at! ''I think I get'cha, but go on...!'' A small grin crept up on her face, waiting for Yoru's master plan.

And masterly it was, Inoshiro was actually impressed! While she could've probably thought of it herself eventually, seeing Yoru figure out a solid way to track down their target put a smile on her face. ''Right, right! That's actually a great idea!'' She let out brightly and positively. They were actually getting somewhere, and at a rate like this? They'd track down the furball in no time!

Shoving her excitement aside for now, Inoshiro returned her focus to the task at hand, putting a finger to her lips as she hummed. ''...Hmm, right...And between you and me-'' She paused, stepping closer to Yoru and leaning in with a suspicious, comedic look on her face. ''I'm pretty sure this nutjob douses her dog in perfume too...!'' Inoshiro whispered cautiously, before leaning back and clearing her throat.

''Okay, guess we should go outside and see if we can find a trail near the broken window- let's just hope the scent hasn't faded away by now.'' Inoshiro returned to her normal tone and voice, probably on purpose to sound as normal as possible, just in case the crazy dog-owner could hear Inoshiro's...Comments.

Atleast they had a solid excuse to get out of this enclosed gas-chamber now. With little to no hesitation, Inoshiro moved to the doorway leading back outside, gazing over her shoulder once she reached it.
''Or- is there something we're forgetting here? 'Cause I hope not...'' Ofcourse not, spending any more time in this death-trap would probably damage her nose for the rest of her days. How was the dog not dead already, having to live in these circumstances?

On top of that, dogs have sensitive noses as is! Man, that poor, poor thing. Then again, getting manhandled and pawned off by a bunch of thugs didn't look like a good alternative.

...Somewhere, Inoshiro hoped they could get the dog a different home- but her mission stated otherwise. And as she was taught, 'The mission always comes first.'...Sadly.
Characters

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:18 pm

After relaying his plan to her, Yoru was pleased that she agreed with it. When she mentioned that she wouldn't be surprised if the client doused her dog with perfume as well, he nodded in silent agreement, a grim expression on his face. As cruel as it was, Yoru actually hoped that the owner subjected her dog to the torture of such a thing, as it would make tracking it down much easier. When Inoshiro started moving towards the door, Yoru called out "Hold on a second." before looking around the room for some writing supplies. Snatching up a pen and a piece of scratch paper, Yoru hurriedly jotted down a quick message letting the client know that they were heading out to track down Miko. Lightly taping the message to the inside of the door, Yoru turned and followed his partner outside to the broken window.

"On the bright side, at least you aren't likely forget the scent anytime soon." Yoru said in a pseudo-optimistic voice, tucking his hands into his pockets as he stepped up to the broken window, the pungent scent still very noticeable, even from outside. Leaving Inoshiro to find a scent trail, Yoru began visibly scanning the area, looking for any visible clues. Most of the broken glass had been cleaned up by then, but there were a few pieces here and there. Additionally, Yoru crouched down to get a better look, there were several small bloodstains on the ground, meaning that either the target or the dog and been injured in the process. Heading back over to Inoshiro, Yoru then started sharing what he had found.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:24 am

It felt good to be outside again- fresh air! Well, for the most part. The strong aroma of perfume, shampoo, and all sorts of other beauty products still hung strong in the air, but much less so than inside the home. Inoshiro could actually breathe without feeling the inside of her nose burn!

An unamused hum came from the Kunoichi at Yoru's casual remark, the corner of her mouth pulling back into an indifferent pout. ''Hooray- I guess...'' She let out a brief sigh, before focussing her attention on the crime scene itself.

Most of it had already been cleaned, sadly, but vague traces of the kidnapping were still sprawled around the garden. Tiny shards of glass you could just as easily mistake for glitter, along with tiny patches of fur and blood scattered around loosely, although all leading toward the same area on the wooden fence that surrounded the garden.

Following the trail closely, Inoshiro's eyes narrowed in suspicion, slowly stepping through the grass bent forward, as if she was stealthing around the place like an idiot. Eventually she reached the wooden fence, where the grass suddenly stopped, harshly mixing in with the roads of Konoha. ''...I think I found where the thief climbed over the fence...?''

She wasn't too sure about her discovery, resulting in the unsure tone. Inoshiro's eyes gazed over toward the distance- the thief could've gone so many ways from that point onward...
Humming again, Inoshiro gazed back toward the wooden fence she stood infront of, squatting down to get a better look at it. At first, the Kunoichi saw nothing, but upon closer inspection...

''...Claw marks?'' She spoke aloud, setting her eyes on rough scratches within the aged wooden planks. Those definitely weren't the nails of a human- these belonged to a dog! ''Okay, I DEFINITELY found where the thief exited!'' Inoshiro once again shouted, but now with a ton more confidence to her tone!

Standing upright, she'd gaze toward Yoru- wherever he was, a lost look on her face. They definitely found a clue, and had a lead of SOME sort, but...How would they ever track someone down by scent? They weren't Inuzuka, and it had been nearly a full day since the dog was taken away...Traces of the scent might've still been there, but so subtle that they had no chance of tracking it through natural means.

After a brief silence, she groaned loudly, crossing her arms seemingly annoyed. ''...So what now? How are we supposed to track down the scent? I'dunno about you, but I'm no Inuzuka, my nose isn't all that sensitive...'' Inoshiro spoke, before sputtering her lips. Again, her desperate eyes gazed toward Yoru. ''Got any ideas?''
Characters

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Heading over to Inoshiro, Yoru's eyes narrowed in thought as he saw what she had found. He carefully looked over the fence, specifically the claw marks, and came to the same conclusion that she had, noting that the markings were definitely not human.

"Got any ideas?" Yoru heard his partner ask him, though he was trying to think of some himself. Mind working on overdrive, Yoru went over every skill he had in his arsenal, trying to think of some way to track down the scent.

'There's no way for any of my jutsu to help, they just aren't suited for tracking. I don't know any techniques specifically for tracking... Damnit, I really should have learned some Ninpou to expand my jutsu arsenal a bit... I'll have to take care of that ASAP.' Yoru thought, before coming to a conclusion.

"Hey Inoshiro? Do you know any techniques that might be able to help, like a sense enhancement technique? Or can you use one of your clan techniques to possess an animal with senses that could help or... or something?" Yoru asked her tentatively, not exactly pleased to admit that he didn't know a single thing that could help in this situation.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:38 pm

I'M CHANGING INOSHIRO'S COLOURS AGAIN IM SO SORRY
She silently gazed at her teammate while he was thinking, hoping Yoru had thought of an alternate way to track down their target. They found some clues, and blood that HOPEFULLY belonged to the thief. The scent was so vague by now, maybe they could do something with the blood? Maybe...

Inoshiro's mind was shooting off into all sorts of places, although not the right one. Tracking proved to be more difficult than she thought, especially with a case as weird as this one!

Yoru finally spoke his mind, making Inoshiro snap out of her chaotic thoughts. Yoru directed it right back at Inoshiro, asking if she knew of some way to perhaps enhance their senses. His tone made it obvious that he was grasping at thin air too at this point, and for a moment, hope seemed low, but...

''Sense...Enhancement...'' But Yoru's words shot Inoshiro's mind back on the right track! The Kunoichi raised a finger to her lip, humming loudly- she was close to realizing it, so close! ''Sense Enhancement...Y-Yeah...'' Her words were low, caked in thought. She nodded slowly, finally remembering a key Jutsu inside of her arsenal.

''Yeah! Yeah, I do have something!'' Inoshiro shouted out in glee, her clan heritage was going to be important after all! She hopped forward, directly infront of Yoru, and gazed into his eyes vigorously. ''So, remember how I'm a Yamanaka? We can manipulate consciousness, and that also includes senses! My dad once taught me this Jutsu that allows me to make someone overly sensitive!''

She paused for a moment, hoping Yoru was still following her train of thought. ''I-It's supposed to be used in combat, since it's so annoying and distracting, but I think it'll help us track down the scent! There's just one teeensie tiny problem, though...-'' Inoshiro paused again, her lips pulling up into an innocent-looking smile. Yoru wouldn't mind, would he? ''I...Can't use it on myself...So...Y-You'll have to...Y'know?'' She mused in a hushed tone, holding the innocent-looking smile, although the longer she waited for a response, the more nervous she became...

Inoshiro was honestly starting to think Yoru and her were starting to get along, she really hoped this wouldn't make him hate her- even if the thought was super irrational.

...Then again, this was their only shot, right?
Characters

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Yoru had honestly been grasping for straws at this point, and he honestly wasn't expecting very much. He had heard about a few of the things that the Yamanaka clan could do with their techniques, and while his memory wasn't the best, he had heard whispers that they had a technique that did... something to a person's senses, so he figured that he might as well ask, lest they be left having to track a scent through the village without any experience or skill in tracking.

So when Inoshiro mentioned that she had a technique that could enhance a person's senses, he was a little surprised... mainly by how excited she was about it... and then he heard her keep talking. "'I...Can't use it on myself...So...Y-You'll have to...Y'know?' when Yoru had heard his partner say these words, an icy feeling made it's way down his spine as he strongly considered refusing to be subjected to... that, as he felt sick to his stomach at the idea of someone else having free reign over his mind... his memories... his opinions... all of it left a rather... toxic taste in his mouth.

At this point, Yoru was honestly weighing the pros and cons of allowing her to use the technique on him. On one hand, if he said yes, they would likely be able to complete the mission without a problem, though at the cost of risking his own peace of mind. On the other hand, if he refused, he would be much more at peace, not having to worry about what a practical stranger may or may not have done to his mind, albeit at the cost of failing his first ever mission, and a fairly easy one at that.

In other words, it all came down to one simple question: Did Yoru trust Inoshiro enough to let her do this to him?

The answer was a resounding no.

By the time Yoru had come to this conclusion, nearly 5 minutes had passed in complete silence, and glancing up at his partner, he could tell that she was nervous and pretty damn uncomfortable.

Slowly opening his mouth to answer, Yoru hesitated heavily before answering with one simple sentence.

"Don't make me regret letting you do this partner."
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:21 am

The wait was like pulling teeth to Inoshiro. Already as lacking in confidence as she was, then being forced to ask someone who she only JUST met if she could invade their mind and consciousness? Yeah, to say she was a tad nervous after her question was an understatement.

The Yamanaka's Jutsu were versatile and extremely handy in tons of situations, but at the end of the day, you were still invading someone's thoughts and memories. Inoshiro never really realized it fully, but having to face the silence of Yoru for so long did make her realize just how messed up her Clan's Jutsu were.

She felt bad for the guy, ofcourse she did- Inoshiro basically pushed him into a corner, with no way out other than having his mind be invaded. The Kunoichi didn't give him a choice, she gave him an ultimatum, and boy did she feel TERRIBLE about it..

'Either let me invade your consciousness, or fail the mission.' was all it boiled down to.

Yet it seemed Yoru too realized that they really didn't have much of a choice. After minutes of painstaking silence, he finally agreed- although...Hesitantly.

Inoshiro could only nod understandingly, nervously collecting her thoughts to make Yoru feel less disgusted. ''D-Don't worry, I-I swear it won't take long- I know this must be REALLY awkward for you...'' Inoshiro stuttered nervously, a guilt-filled twinkle in her eyes. Why she cared so much about Yoru's opinion of her was beyond her understanding...If only she was confident...

The Kunoichi let out a brief sigh, trying to glance into Yoru's eyes in a desperate attempt to make him feel more comfortable. ''B-Besides, I couldn't invade your thoughts and body even if I wanted to...Dad says I'm not ready yet...-'' She paused, clearing her throat briefly. ''I swear all I'll d-do is overwork your senses- I promise.'' Her words were as genuine as can be, but if Yoru trusted her was up to him to decide. Even if she was lying, what would it accomplish? They were knee-deep in Konoha, surrounded by Shinobi everywhere- it'd be a pathetic attempt to do evil stuff at best!

After her attempt at calming her teammate, she stepped back a few paces and breathed in deeply. Slowly, Inoshiro brought her hands together, yet hesitated briefly. ''...Try not to look into the sun- it...It'll hurt, trust me.'' She gave her final warning, meant to help Yoru, although it probably did nothing more than make him even more suspicious of her.

Swallowing her guilt and fears, Inoshiro began weaving the hand signs at a respectable pace, before bringing her hands together in a big 'O', targetted right at Yoru. They were quivering lightly- she really hoped for the best here...

''Ninja Art: Oversensitivity Technique...!''

Part of Inoshiro's own conscious would hurl itself forward at Yoru with the intent on implanting it into his own. If succesful, Inoshiro'd feel her thoughts cramp up- intently focused on overworking Yoru's senses as best she could...
Jutsu UsedShow
~Over Sensitivity
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the hand seals, the Yamanaka will shoot off a piece of their conscious that travels at a speed of 5 at their target. If successful the conscious will begin to overwork the target's senses, and overload it by working their senses double time making them hyper sensitive and susceptible to powerful lights, smells, temperatures, and etc. This technique endures for 3 posts while impending a -3 instinct penalty to the user as they focus overloading the target's conscious.
Characters

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:28 am

Despite the obviously guilty-feeling Inoshiro trying to comfort and reassure him as she performed handseals, Yoru's entire body was tensed up like a coiled spring as his jaws were clenched hard beneath his downturned lips. When she called out the name of her technique, Yoru's eyes snapped shut, remembering her warning about the sun being painful to look at. Figures that the 'Oversensitivity Technique would do more than just enhance his sense of smell. Well, hindsight's twenty-twen-

Yoru nearly screamed as every single one of his nerves seemed to decide to start working overtime, with even the feeling of his clothes against his skin being incredible distracting. It was smart of him to close his eyes, but even so, his eyes were being seared with an outright painful amount of light, and every single noise seemed to be twice as loud, from a stray cat yowling, to the chatter of civilians as the walked down the road.

Then came the smell.

It was... overwhelming, for the lack of a better term. It filled his nostrils and gave him a headache from the sheer potency of the fragrance, leading to Yoru tentatively cracking open his eyes, flinching at the blinding light the flooded his eyes, nearly snapping them back shut.

Eager to get the trail and finish the mission to get this over with, Yoru whispered "Let's go." Carefully not looking at Inoshiro, Yoru took a tentative sniff, gagging harshly as all the smells of the village filled his nostrils. Despite that, Yoru managed to get a good whiff of the scent, taking a tentative step in the direction that it smelt strongest(not counting the client's house of course).

NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:13 am

Going to keep this one short, we can wrap up the first part after either this post or yours, then head on to part numero dos!
Inoshiro felt part of her conscious settle within Yoru's own, linking them together to some extent. The Kunoichi focussed intently on working Yoru's senses into overdrive, silently cursing herself, knowing fully well just how painful and distracting it must've been.

A large lump formed in her throat as she saw what her teammate was going through- she hated being forced to do things like this...He really hadn't deserved to be used like this, but Inoshiro knew fully well that it was their only way. Still, though, even if it was...It hurt her more than one could imagine. Inoshiro wanted to yell in guilt, shout at him about just how sorry she felt- but it'd only end up doing even more harm...

Her shaky body stiffened as she heard Yoru's hushed whisper, her erratic breathing coming to a sudden stop as she looked at him. Yoru had the right idea- she really shouldn't dwell on this. They finally caught the scent, now it was time to come into action!

With feigned confidence, Inoshiro nodded at her teammate. ''We gotta move quickly, I won't be able to hold this for long...'' The Kunoichi whispered in a guilt-ridden tone, following behind Yoru closely. To say she felt like a terrible person was quite the understatement, she felt like she was flat-out using Yoru as her puppet...

She nearly urged herself to keep muttering the same apologies, but what would that really accomplish? The only way she could repay Yoru now was just to complete their mission quickly and efficiently- she finally realized that words wouldn't help.

Sucking in another long, nervous breath, she continued to follow Yoru, heart pounding faster and harder the closer they got to their destination...
Characters

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:55 am

'Damn, this sucks.' Yoru thought to himself, barely able to stay focused on following the scent trail because of all of the nigh-deafening noises, the absolutely frigid cold, and the other conflicting smells that were so pungent that he could practically taste them. Trying to shake off all of the unimportant sensations, Yoru found the scent rapidly getting stronger and stronger as they weaved through several alleyways. "The scent is close." he whispered to Inoshiro, rounding several more corners and crossing the street in front of them, eventually coming to a stop in front of a small, dirty house.

It didn't seem to have any intact windows, and it looked as though it had been made as a last-minute decision to take up extra space between two apartment buildings. The paint was very faded, to the point where the walls were a dirty gray color, and it looked as though someone had tried to fix the door after kicking it down. Glancing around, Yoru's enhanced eyes caught sight of a small tuft of white fur and a few small droplets of blood. "I think we're here" Yoru muttered to his partner, eager to get this whole mission over and done with.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:26 pm

To Be Continued...:
This marks the end of our first thread! Will Yoru and Inoshiro succeed in their mission? Or will things take a dark, twisted turn? Find out in Part Two!
Characters

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”