[Graded]Connections [Closed]

Team 15's first survival exercise

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

[Graded]Connections [Closed]

Post by Legacy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:00 am

Transition from this thread

After his visit at the memorial stone Gene decided to take a walk through the village and reflect on his role in the grand scheme of things. Times were different now, he could no longer afford to hide out and sleep the evening off. Not that he wanted to but the memories of a lackadaisical lifestyle brought about feelings of nostalgia, Gene couldn't help but poke fun at his old self. As he rounded the corner leading toward the business district he remembered the first lesson Minoru had taught them before disappearing. Giving up, no matter what the steaks were, would always be taboo. That was just Team 2's motto and looking at himself and at his Teammate, Taiga, Gene would say that if nothing else Minoru could rest easy knowing that his disciples at least picked that up. Gene crossed over into the busy district and slipped right into the large crowd as if he'd been there all along. All the while his mind was somewhere light years away.

How things had changed....

People actually waved and greeted him with warm welcomes now when they saw him and frankly, Gene hadn't quite adjusted to the feeling of being a known figure in the village. For so long he had worked hard to get where he was and there was more work to be done still. To be acknowledged now, when he wasn't even a quarter of the way near to completing his goals well - Gene felt undeserving. Still, he would not cast his personal feelings on to others and often smiled and waved in response when greeted. Still, he kept right on walking. At some point he'd crossed the bridge connecting Eastern Konoha with the West side of the village and immediately noted the shift in atmosphere.

The East side was...better now. But old remnants of thug activity still persisted - not so much now that Gene and several others had taken to cleaning the streets but before the sweep, it may as well have been a slum. Making a left on Senryu Ave, then a right onto Yakinuchi Blvd, Gene found himself standing in front of just one of Konoha's many museums. The building was closed but with eyes as sharp as his own, he could still see well beyond the tinted windows. For a moment, his thoughts drifted to Aina and Takeo; he wondered, what was it like to be a parent? "There's still so much I will never understand," he remarked before dismissing the thought. Turning on his heel he continued on, strolling right through the village and taking in the sights.
Last edited by Legacy on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Diatenshi

Re: Connections [Open]

Post by Diatenshi » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:25 pm

Masaru had awoke early that morning screaming. His body was drenched in sweat as he relived the nightmare that had changed him for life. Shaking he took a few moments to compose himself then got into shower using the cold water to wake up and regain his focus. Today was his first mission as a member of Team 15 and he had to bring his A game.

After stepping out of the shower he'd pause and stare at the black swirls covering his limbs. He'd always wanted a tattoo but never thought he'd get one like this, a seal powerful enough to seal away the creature that had traumatized him so. Worse yet we're the unfamiliar eyes looking back at him in the mirror. The glowing orange eyes another scar of his encounter with death. He'd shake his head to refocus then quickly getting dressed. Grabbing his Lance he'd make for the training ground as he'd been told to he wasn't quite sure to expect.

As he'd awakened so early because of his night terrors, he was the first one to arrive. Anxious and still shaken by his nightmares he'd begin doing a small warm up routine. After a few push ups and stretches hed practice his forms with his lance. It was during this exercise that his new squadmate arrived he'd heard about her previously though he'd never met her. She had quite the reputation as a kunoichi. He wondered how much help she'd be to him now seeing as he was unlikely to need her healing touch.

Not being in the mood to talk he continue through his forms finding tranquility in the mundane repetitive exercise. By the time Gene arrived he'd mostly returned to himself locking the nightmare back into its little box in the back of his mind, never to be willingly opened.

"Ready when you are slowpoke. You know if you're gonna tell us to be here at a certain time the least you could do is be here by that time yourself. Both me and Nikuya were here early and yet your still late by almost two hours would it kill you to be on time?"
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Servant

Post by Servant » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Mornings weren't Niku's favorite time of day: waking up alone was just a sore reminder that her love life was nothing but a barren wasteland... just like her ovaries were going to be someday. She wanted children, but she needed to find the right man and at this rate, she was sure that was never going to happen. Emotionally dealing with these things every morning was quite the burden for the young kunoichi. The prospect of meeting her new team helped motivate her out of her depressed state. Needless to say, Niku managed to get out the door this morning, mildly excited to meet her new teammates. Hopefully there's a strapping young lad on the team.

She arrived just on time, not that she had particularly planned it out that way. She wasn't the first to arrive, Masaru had gotten there before she did. If Niku hadn't known better, she'd have thought this amazingly tall, well built young man was her new sensei. But of course, she'd met Gene, when he'd come to her rescue on her previous mission, and she knew that he was the highest ranked shinobi of the squad. Regardless, this hunk of a man stood before her, doing something akin to kata. She didn't want to interrupt, but she also really wanted to introduce herself. She waited a moment before growing impatient. "Sorry to interrupt you, I just wanted to introduce myself: I'm Niku, you must be Masaru. Looking forward to working together."

It was a polite and respectful introduction, but Niku could tell that he wasn't too keen on conversation, so she didn't push it any further. She began her own workout nearby, light jogging in place and stretching mostly. Despite her exercises, Gene still hadn't shown so Niku finally just took a seat, eventually laying down. She enjoyed the clouds as they went by. She shot up when Gene arrived, asking if they were ready. She ignored Masaru's response, just as he'd mostly ignored her existence for the last 2 hours and said "I'm ready, sir."
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Blueper

Post by Blueper » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:26 pm

When Mafuyu had just for a split second, during the Academy graduation ceremony, hoped she wouldn't have to leave her siblings alone at home for shinobi duties, that did not mean she'd hoped that she wouldn't get a team for a good long while.

Waiting for team assignments had been exciting at first, then nerve-wracking, and now Mafuyu was just holding on to a thread of hope that perhaps some team might eventually want to take her on. She didn't know if it was a good idea to go around asking random jounin if they'd like to teach her (and of course there was no way she was going to do so in real life!), but it was nice to think about. Oh, the kitchen table was a mess again...

Sweeping all the messy dishes over to the sink, where she'd... deal with them later, Mafuyu heard a crinkle of paper from the table. One of her siblings' drawings? She should probably grab that, lest they start throwing a fit. She snatched the stained and folded sheet from the table, flipping it open absently to see what it was.

Oh. Oh. It was... her team assignment! And they were to meet at... Training Ground 7.

Two hours ago.

With panicked glee, Mafuyu dumped the rest of the mess into the trash and sprinted to the girls' room as fast as possible. She had a team, but she was late! She was late, but she had a team!

"Sis, where are you going?" hollered her younger brother, wrestling on the ground with his twin. She hollered back, "Team meeting! I'm late!" The two boys cheered before going back to grabbing at each others' clothes, knowing how much this meant to her.

With the speed of an Academy student who almost always woke up late for school- not by choice, of course-  Mafuyu ripped open her closet door, changed in a blink, and grabbed everything she might need before running straight out again, yelling instructions to her siblings that were beginning to slur together with how fast she was trying to speak. Mostly, it was an amalgamation of "wash the dishes", "don't do anything stupid", and "tell Auntie where I am".

She slipped the crinkled note into one of her pouches and sprinted, finally reaching Training Ground 7 a couple minutes later (ok, maybe she got a little lost, but that was mostly due to her excitement). Hopefully her team was still around... Ah! There they were. Trying to calm her breathing as much as possible, she shuffled over awkwardly, slipping the note out and holding it out in front of her.

"Um, apologies for interrupting and being late. Okumura Mafuyu, reporting for Squad 15?" Her voice cracked in the middle, a little embarrassingly.
Where the bloopers go
CharactersShow
Akari, Kayo*
Tsukino, Daiyu*
Hayakazu, Guren
Okumura, Mafuyu
Henrin, Anzu*
Yuusha, Arie
Ishiguro, Rinko

*Inactive

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Well...things were off to an interesting start to say the least. Not even a full five minutes among the duo and the Cloud watcher found himself under fire - rightfully so, though it still pained him to listen to. He never intended on losing track of time during his  visits to the Memorial stone and yet, it seemed like he somehow managed to always do so. Unfortunately for the Jounin, Squad 15's first meeting just so happened to fall on a day where he'd marked his calendar to pay his respects. Whoops...I may have set a bad precedent here. Although, they don't seem to be too bent out of shape so maybe everything worked out in the end. Deciding to view the situation from a brighter perspective though unwilling to let the issue of his tardiness go unaddressed, Gene brought his right hand up to stroke the back of his head and released a nervous chuckle before speaking to the two.

"Ahem...well, a black cat crossed my path and I had to find another way. Sorry about that." Just as he'd finished explaining away the situation Gene heard the sound of footsteps behind him and turned to look over his left shoulder to meet the source. He couldn't say whether or not it had been a stroke of good fortune or just plain poor time management skills but Okumura's arrival gave Gene a much needed out to an awkward situation so he never actually questioned the young Kunoichi's late arrival. Instead, he nodded and followed up with "you are just in time, actually. Go ahead and join those two over there,"he'd motion with his eyes over to where both Nikuya and Maseru were standing.

Once the group had all been assembled and accounted for Gene would proceed to the next step of their little get together, getting a general understanding of who they were as people. Sure, he'd interacted briefly with Maseru and Nikuya in the past but other than those short encounters... and what he had read about them via their individual Academy graduate files, Gene knew next to nothing about them and conversely, they knew nothing about him as well. "Alright now that the gang's all here why don't you all start by introducing yourselves. Tell me things like your name,hobbies,goals,likes and dislikes...things like that." While he explained what was expected of them Gene had crossed his arms over his chest, causing the young man's otherwise hidden muscular build to protrude against the black fabric of his long sleeved shirt.

"I guess I'll start: My name is Gene Mitsurugi and my hobbies are..." thoughts phased through his mind of his many encounters with Spirits and spirit beasts, encounters with strange Shinobi and finally of the number of missions he'd taken throughout his career. "I have lots of hobbies."Strike one. "My goals are..."flickering shadows danced in his head only to combine into one still image of several rogue Shinobi compiled into one, those whom he wished to either eliminate or bring in for questioning. "I guess I never really thought about it." Strike two. "Things I like and things I hate..." At the top of his list for sure were those who spoiled books for him but...could he really say that? No, of course not! "I don't feel like telling you that." Strike three.

Up until now he had always interacted with other Jounin of which he could speak at liberty about sensitive topics because they'd already been in the know. However, dealing with Genin was well...a bit more difficult than he imagined. There were things that he literally could not disclose due to the nature of his many tasks and future assignments; so while his answers were incredibly vague, he hadn't actually lied...for the most part, which was the most important thing. Conversely, he wouldn't have blamed them if their own answers were short and to the point either.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Masaru would roll his eyes at Gene's excuse knowing full well that it was a blatant lie. However if the man didn't wanna talk he wouldn't press the issue. After all Gene hadn't pressed him for details about what happened when he was alone with the spirit. Everyone has things they can't share or is to sensitive to mention.

What surprised him was the arrival of the other girl as he'd originally been told it would only be him and Nikuya. Then again they were soldiers and changes in plans happened all the time. Add to it that he was on the bottom rung it's no surprise he wasn't told. He'd nod his head at Mafuyu's arrival and then feel a bit guilty for not responding to Nikuya. He'd glance over to her and bite the inside of his lip as he thought of how to apologise.

Unfortunately, now was not the time as Gene had moved the conversation along, he'd have to find a way to make it up to her later. After all it wasn't her fault he was in a bad mood. As he refocused his attention on Gene he'd shake his head. The Jounin hadn't actually said anything about himself. Due to their previous encounter Masaru was able to tell he wasn't talking because he didn't want talk. No it was like earlier, he once again had thoughts in his head that for some reason he couldn't share with them.

Being the first to arrive Masaru would try to be open to those around him. "My name is Senju Masaru. My hobbies include creating my own pole arm techniques, farming and fishing. My goal is to become a pillar of support for the village and carry on the tradition of Konoha's Will of Fire." Though not likely to be noticed Masaru flinched slightly when he said the word fire. He'd bite his lip and make a semi serious face as if he's thinking hard to cover up his pause.

"As for the things I like, I enjoy training and hanging out with friends either at a restaurant or out in a field. As for this I dislike, I don't like bullies. Here in Konoha we are all one giant family harming one another only hurts the village.... And above all... I.. hate fire."

Masaru would have an easy going smile on his face as he talked about the things he liked. There was an excitement in his face that was almost infectious and could put others into a good mood as well. He was fine when he started talking about bullies merely shaking his head as if he couldn't understand why people would belittle others. However, his mind soon returned to that dark place, that locked box hidden in the far corner of his mind. His face turned pale and his vision became unfocused as if staring off into the distance. He'd shake his head and stab his lance into the earth as he tried to calm his thoughts. He'd go quiet and withdrawn as he slowly pulled himself from that dark place while kneeling his forehead pressing against the shaft of his weapon.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Servant

Post by Servant » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:27 pm

The young kunoichi wasn't surprised when Gene gave, what she assumed to be, a snarky response about a black cat. As if a high ranking shinobi would feel the need to answer to a lowly genin, hah she mused, a little grin forming at the corner of her mouth. Just goes to show that some hunks lack the brainpower to realize these things. Niku was then surprised as her old friend, Mafuyu, showed up, announcing that she was on the squad as well. Giving no care to what the males of the group thought, Niku rushed forward, throwing a big hug on the larger kunoichi. Back in their academy days, the two had been friends and Niku had often gone to visit her fellow shinobi's home. She loved the atmosphere and all the children that Mafuyu took care of; it was much better than her own home that consisted of herself and Niku's downer of a mother.

"Nice to see a friendly face!" Niku said as she pulled away from the hug. "I guess we should catch up later," Niku whispered after looking at the two males who were obviously waiting for them to get situated. Then Gene gave his spiel about introductions, including his own introduction though it seemed to lack any real information. Niku just assumed Gene was a reserved fellow. She then looked to Masaru as he began his own introduction. She noted that Masaru had no troubles revealing information about himself. She smiled a bit as he said a relatively generic genin thing to say about 'pillar of support', but hey, at least he didn't say he was gonna be Hokage. She was impressed with his remark about bullies though, as it was also something she believed. However, Masaru went to a knee after he mentioned hating fire. It really seemed to shake him on a really deep level.

On one hand, I want to ask if he's okay and see if there is something that we could do for him. On the other hand, if something terrible happened, like his family dying in a house fire or something, then the memory could just be breaking him inside and he doesn't want people to see him crying. But asking him about it might just make him worse... but I could be the shoulder he cries on. She pondered these things before looking at Gene, realizing he was waiting for her to begin.

"Oh, my turn? Right, sure," she said, more as a means to get her mind off the kneeling Masaru. "I'm Inken Nikuya, but teammates should call me Niku. Hobbies would be training, I guess. Particularly Iaido, that my grandfather teaches me." She took a moment, in an attempt to recall what all they were supposed to say. She also glanced at Masaru, to see if he'd recollected himself yet. "Let's see, I like boys, romantic meetings, and walks on the beach. As far as dislikes, I don't like being weak and relying on others." This remark was almost a direct reference to the mission where Niku and Gene had met, specifically how Gene and Niku had met. Though, of course, the statement could also be taken in a general way as a desire to grow stronger. "I guess that's it, though I also dislike licorice... "
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Blueper

Post by Blueper » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 am

Mafuyu exhaled a little shakily. Thankfully, her squad leader didn't seem to be too miffed about her late entrance, but the others...? Before she knew it, she was being wrested into a hug by an old Academy friend. 

"Nikuya!" Mafuyu beamed. The two had hung out often before graduation, fooling around with Mafuyu's siblings. Nikuya, who was practically a kid herself, save for her boy-chasing tendencies, was their favorite. She was suddenly looking forward to this team a lot more.

Listening to her instructor's introduction, he seemed a little... well. He wasn't very open, that was for sure. Mafuyu felt a little disappointed. She'd been looking forward to learning more about her teammates.

Masaru, on the other hand, seemed to have strong convictions about what his goals in life were. Nobly, he wanted to become a "pillar of support", which, while Mafuyu thought was admirable, she'd not aim for it herself. Protecting the people around her was her more pressing concern at the moment. As Masaru sank to the ground, Mafuyu tensed a little bit, but did her best to remain calm. A slightly worried look appeared on her face. Was he alright? Had something happened? The look on his face, the emotions rolling off him, the lack of any noticeable cause... clearly he'd remembered something that was taking a toll on him. Should she do anything? She didn't want to stare, so instead she focused on Nikuya. Masaru seemed like the type of person that didn't want open comfort, or at least, not by people he wasn't comfortable with yet.

Nikuya, of course, brought up boys almost immediately, right after Iaido. It was nice to see that her priorities hadn't changed a bit. Mafuyu was still mildly concerned that she might get her heart severely broken someday, but having heard all of Nikuya's gushing rants about boys and love since almost day one, she was used to it already. 

And then it was her turn. "Um," she began, "my name is Okumura Mafuyu. My goal is to become strong enough to protect the village. My hobbies... um... reading? And I suppose training..." Well. It wasn't like she had a ton of time to pursue her own hobbies anyway. Moving on.

"I like watching theatre, cooking, and learning new jutsu. Oh, and sleeping. Things I dislike are lazy and rude people, bullies, and being unproductive."

Hopefully that was sufficient enough an introduction. A little bit late, Mafuyu realized that she'd mentioned things that were not related to shinobi life before those that were. Would she come off as undedicated. She worried a little bit.
Where the bloopers go
CharactersShow
Akari, Kayo*
Tsukino, Daiyu*
Hayakazu, Guren
Okumura, Mafuyu
Henrin, Anzu*
Yuusha, Arie
Ishiguro, Rinko

*Inactive

Legacy

Connections [Open]

Post by Legacy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:37 pm

If any of the three Genin had triggered him with their explanations about themselves and their beliefs Gene did quite the job of concealing it. While each one took their time to speak Gene listened silently with his arms folded over one another and assumed a likeness to the great stone faces, still and quiet. From their words the Jounin learned of their ideals and beliefs but from their body language and facial expressions he learned their weakness. In one form or another, all three wore their emotions like some kind of badge of honor on their sleeves; Fi Ikkon, a former student, seemed to be the one exception to such an exploitable flaw in behavior though even Gene had to admit that the young boy's case was...different.

Something that Gene did note, however, was that all three of the Genin assigned to him mentioned something about training regularly. He wondered how much truth rested within those words and to what extent their abilities had been refined. After all, it wasn't unheard of for the families within Konoha who came from Shinobi backgrounds to produce exceptional ninja all their own. If such were the case with one or all of them then Gene was willing to bet that the Academy likely had been far too easy for the group and that any generic test he would have put together for the sake of evaluating them would have been seen through out right. On the other hand...

An idea surfaced and like a siren blaring, Gene suddenly found himself stuck in a state of clarity. If conventional methods wouldn't get the job done then he would have to peel back their layers of established etiquette in some other way. "Well, it's nice to see such promising prospects emerge from the Academy. I can only hope that all of you live up to your own expectations and ideals." A smile graced the Jounin's lips but the expression did not seem to reach his eyes of which still held an eerie death like fixation on the three Genin candidates. "Ah!" Exclaimed Gene, "I suppose I've kept you all waiting long enough - with the exception of Mafuyu here. So, why don't we get on with today's exercise shall we?" In a single pointing gesture motioned toward the white scarf hanging both comfortably and fashionably around his neck. "All you have to do is take this Scarf from me."
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Diatenshi

Connections [Open]

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:21 am

Within that dark place in his mind Masaru stood trapped. He could hear Nikuya begin speaking, but couldn't bring himself back immediately. He was frozen with fear staring at the flame that represented the spirit in his mind. However Masaru knew he couldn't stay trapped and afraid for forever. He searched his mind and heart for something else to focus on. And slowly it came bubbling up from beneath the fear like hot magma rising through the ocean water to form a tube to the surface.

Anger. He slowly focused on turning his fears in to anger letting it pull him from the deep dark depths of fear and back to the surface where he was in control. It wasn't a permanent solution as his fear was still there, merely being covered up by the anger but it let him return to the group and the task at hand. As he stood up his face went stern and regained some color. He tried to focus in on Nikuya's words as something else to focus on to lock the box back up.

The only awkward part was that as he returned and stood up Nikuya had just finished talking about iaido and had moved in to talking about her other likes. Coupled with her glance towards him, Masaru thought she was saying it specifically for him to hear. An image of him and her walking on a beach came unbidden to his mind. He'd give her a quick glance actually looking at her for the first time as earlier he'd been preoccupied with training. As she finished her intro with saying she dislike licorice he'd make a mental note to never get her any as a gift.

As Mafuyu started speaking Masaru's brows would furrow like he was deep in thought. He felt her goal was similar to his yet he couldn't tell if she was shy or scatterbrained as she seemed to have some trouble talking about herself. Her comment on disliking laziness and being unproductive reaffirmed in his mind her dedication to hard work and her duty as a shinobi, but left him curious as to why it was so hard to speak of her hobbies and likes.

After she finished speaking he'd directed his attention towards Gene to await further instruction. When he called the three of them promising, he was uncertain as to whether he was mocking them or sincere though he hoped it was the latter. However as soon as he stated the exercise was to grab the scarf he became pretty certain that Gene was mocking them a slight spark of anger would appear in his eyes. Masaru would hold back his tongue however, as he stopped to think about the task itself and recognized the actual challenge inherently in it. He'd glance at Nikuya and Mafuyu to gauge there reactions while keeping his own mouth shut. Instead he'd begin channeling chakra into the earth beneath his feet preparing for a sneak attack if the opportunity presented itself.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Servant

Connections [Open]

Post by Servant » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:45 pm

Niku wasn't surprised that Mafuyu hadn't stated child-rearing as one of her hobbies. Despite spending a large portion of her time taking care of her siblings, Mafuyu didn't want people to think she lacked dedication to being a strong shinobi. Niku held a lot of respect for someone like Mafuyu who was able to balance training, family responsibilities, and missions. With that said, Niku also felt she was particularly lucky to not have any such responsibilities and was fairly certain that those responsibilities had likely created a gap in strength between the two kunoichi that wasn't there in the Academy. She pushed that aside, looking to Gene as everyone had finished their introductions.

Scarf... This again? Niku mused, her eyes rolling slightly as she thought went through her mind. It was likely if someone were looking at her they'd be able to easily read the thought going through her head. She remembered the last time she'd been told to remove something from her squad's instructor, a bell. It had been her, a Hyuuga, and a Senju against the pinnacle of her affection, Awai Fanho, and they'd failed miserably. That experience was an eye opener, teaching the young kunoichi just has vast the chasm between herself and a jounin could be. It wasn't something three genin strangers could accomplish without any sort of plan or specialized tactic, if at all. "Do we get an opportunity to discuss tactics?" Niku asked, genuinely curious.

Devising a strategy was near impossible in this situation because the three genin had no pre-determined teamwork nor did they have any idea of what the others were capable of. Even if they were able to devise some sort of amazing strategy, Gene was pretty well known amongst Konoha shinobi, meaning he likely had considerable skill and the know-how to use it accordingly. She doubted there was much the three of them could do, even in the best of situations which this was not.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Blueper

Connections [Open]

Post by Blueper » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:54 pm

Gene was saying nice words about them being promising prospects and all, but something was off about his tone. Perhaps it was the way he sounded upbeat but looked a little bit... off. Maybe he didn't want to be here? Well, Mafuyu would just have to work hard and show just how promising she was.

That thought was promptly squashed when Gene called her out on being late. It didn't seem angry but the tips of Mafuyu's ears started turning red anyway. At least he hadn't made her run laps or anything.

As for the scarf, well. Mafuyu's brain immediately started whizzing, beginning to form skeletons of plans that were discarded almost immediately. This was just a game of keep-away, and Mafuyu knew how to play keep-away. Of course, she was normally the one doing the keeping-away from her siblings, and she had nowhere near Gene's level of power and experience, so she'd assume he would have much more up his sleeve than he let on. Additionally, he'd probably read all their files and knew their skills, so they might have to switch it up. She'd have to consider loopholes too.

Niku asked if they would have a chance to discuss tactics, which, Mafuyu hoped would be the case. Honestly, even if they hadn't asked, odds were that Gene wouldn't attack them preemptively, right? This exercise was likely a test on their individual skills, as well as their teamwork. Knocking one or more of them out of the game right as it started wouldn't do anything for Gene.

At any rate, Mafuyu already knew that Niku was skilled in taijutsu and kenjutsu, and she couldn't wait to see how the other had improved since Academy days. With luck Niku hadn't changed too much of her fighting style. She also didn't miss (who wouldn't?) the large... was that an axe? A double sided one? Mafuyu's own father had been a blacksmith and yet she'd never seen a weapon like it. Amazing.

Clearly her teammates were both close-range fighters, so Mafuyu would have to play support as usual. Though she wore her wakizashi at her hip, she had no delusions that she would be able to use it at a high enough level to be effective. Perhaps though, if she could surprise them...

Mafuyu's thinking face was on, which was nothing more than a blank stare at the ground and a slightly furrowed brow. Of course, she was far from zoned out.
Where the bloopers go
CharactersShow
Akari, Kayo*
Tsukino, Daiyu*
Hayakazu, Guren
Okumura, Mafuyu
Henrin, Anzu*
Yuusha, Arie
Ishiguro, Rinko

*Inactive

Legacy

Connections [Open]

Post by Legacy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:16 am

"...To discuss tactics you say? Sure, take as much time as you need." While giving his answer Gene had been walking over to a lonesome tree and he had finished both speaking and walking when he'd made it to his destination. Removing the scarf from his Neck Gene then tied it tightly around the base of the tree before turning around and plopping down on the ground right in front of it .Gene could tell from Nikuya's question that she may have experienced a similar exercise in the past but he hardly dwelled on the thought. Far too focused on the pesky ants trying to fight their way past the black greaves and white bandage wrapping underneath to mull over the specifics of the girl's request.

Gene could only hope that the three would make the most of their time.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Diatenshi

Connections [Open]

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:40 am

Masaru would release his hold on the chakra he'd preparing as he heard they'd have time to discuss. He'd make a note of the fact that the scarf had been tied to a tree and inwardly wondered if Gene was mocking him. As he approached the girls to form a huddle he'd pause and think. He didn't want to risk being over heard by the Jounin that was bound to have super sensitive sensory abilities. As such he quickly channeled his chakra into his hand and made a few wooden senbon that he passed around. He then proceeded to use his to write on the ground.

Don't speak out loud we don't want him to hear our strategy. Now round the group who is good at what?. I'm a close combat specialist with mid-range abilities. Also I maybe able to use my clans jutsu to bring the scarf to us vs us going to the scarf. We'd just have to keep him distracted while I actually grab the scarf from the jutsu. any other thoughts?

As Masaru wrote he'd occasionally pause to think. He had the vague outline of a plan in his head though he was unsure if the girls would approve. If they liked his idea he'd go into more detail trying to formulate a plan. After he was sure they had read what he'd written he'd wipe the slate clean so to speak so the next person could go.
jutsu usedShow
Mokuton • Wood Weapon Creation
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a set of up to 10 wooden basic projectiles, such as kunai, shuriken, or senbon, in their hand. These tools have a strength of 5.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Servant

Connections [Closed]

Post by Servant » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Niku watched as Gene moved to a tree, placing the scarf there. That was certainly a new aspect to this exercise that she hadn't seen before. Obviously, this was better for the genin as they no longer had to get close to a far superior combatant, but move him out of the way long enough to apprehend the scarf from its location. This, of course, didn't mean it would be easy, Niku thought as she looked to Mafuyu. It was clear the other lady was lost in thought. She looked at Masaru as he gave her a senbon and proceeded to write in the dirt. She thought he was being overly cautious in a situation where the three genin were likely to fail, but, his cautiousness was also something Niku appreciated as it wasn't her strong suit. The young kunoichi took her senbon and began to write underneath Masaru's own remark.

I'm also a close combat fighter, heavily reliant on speed and the sword.

While Niku was proud of her speed and confident that she could outrun and outmaneuver most other genin, she had trouble comparing her speed to that of higher ranked shinobi. Niku had performed this test against Fanho not that long ago and it had been extremely demoralizing because of how noticeable the wide gap in their skills proved to be. Even with her speed, she had been unable to properly get close enough to him to make a difference in the activity. And while she was curious as to what Mafuyu might come up with for a plan, she was also open to Masaru's idea. However, inwardly, she was pretty sure the genin were in for a rude awakening as Gene's combat skills were likely on a level unimaginable to the young students. And while some may find trouble in competing with that knowledge, Niku was still excited to see how far she'd come since the last test and to see what she could become under Gene's tutelage.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Legacy

Connections [Closed]

Post by Legacy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:09 am

...At this rate we'll be here all day, thought Gene to himself, his brows contorting into a noticeable frown. Their task wasn't rocket science, there was little guesswork involved with what needed to be done and how it needed to be done.

Capture.The.Scarf.

How much time to plan did the three really need? Moreover, with his current posture Gene should have been an easy target for the combined efforts of the gathered bunch but for whatever reason, they all seemed...nervous? He wasn't really sure -- but none of the oozed a confidence that spoke anything of merit about what they'd learned in the academy. "Any day now, seriously." Gene called out to the group; however, realizing that he could have used the time to read through Cloud of sparrows the Specialist decided right then and there to pull out the book, flip to the last page he'd left off at, and start reading. At the rate things were going he had a hunch that they would be here for a while.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Connections [Closed]

Post by Servant » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Niku's face contorted as she turned away from her fellow genin, looking towards their sensei. Wow, first he says 'take your time' then he says 'any day now'. Talk 'bout turning on a dime. Staring at Gene from her crouched position, her gaze attempting to peer into Gene's soul. This was rather telling of the kind of sensei that Gene would be: difficult. One minute he may tell you what to do and the next grow frustrated when you're doing exactly what he'd told you to do. It was... not the kind of teacher that Niku felt would benefit her growth as a shinobi. While she didn't particularly appreciate Fanho's 'prove how weak you are' style, it felt like something Niku could at least appreciate. Tenzin had a softer touch, building you up while training you. Both were capable of making great shinobi, but Niku didn't have the same faith in Gene's capability.

"You said we could take our time," and while she'd originally intended the statement to be questioning in nature; her tone had shifted somewhere after the first word. It had come out as a statement of fact, emboldened by a sense of taking control of her own destiny and education. "So I'm going to do that: take my time."

She turned back to Masaru and Mafuyu, standing up in the process. "Sorry to leave you two hanging, but I'm not feeling this guy." The young kunoichi started walking away, in the direction of her home. "See you around," she called over her shoulder, ignoring anything the three of them might say. She just hoped that she was ready for what lay ahead of her: a chuunin exam.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya