"It's just a prank, I swear!" [Closed]

Hypuu

Post by Hypuu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Ah, what a beautiful day!

Oda certainly thought so, at least. He couldn't help but think so as she romped through the town, early in the morning. He hummed and skipped about as the early morning dew clung to his ankles. He was just like a frolicking child- in all honestly, he was a frolicking child.

However!

He was not simply frolicking without purpose. Oda had plans. Big plans! Plans that would really 'wow' everyone around him... or make them unbelievably angry with him. Oh well! He wasn't a criminal if he wasn't caught, right, he'd just need to be sneaky. Super sneaky. Oda nodded to himself. The time for sneakiness was not now, though, as he pranced through the town without a care in the world. Where was he going? The training grounds!

Under his arm were two spools of rope- one thin, metallic spool and one thick spool. The other arm contained a stack of wood and a toolbox. On his head he balanced a bucket of water. Unnecessarily elaborate plans was Oda's forte, after all. She took note of the wet atmosphere of the morning. It was probably just before dawn- the last drops of night still lingered in the sky while daybreak began it's advance. It was a perfect time of day for mischief.

Though, for Oda, that was almost every hour of every day.

The training ground fast meeting his sighs, he sighed and dropped everything he carried under his arms. He put the bucket of water down with them as well. She located the entrance of one of the areas for training- the two wooden posts loomed over his head. He nodded and looped the thin wire around the post. He tied a knot and walked around the perimeter of the training area. Once he had reached the other post, he tied another knot and cut the wire.

He plucked the taut wire, giggling slightly as it vibrated. Step one was complete.

He then pranced inside the training area, locating the Taijutsu posts. He tapped the ground with his foot slightly. The morning dew had softened it up a tad, though not enough for what he planned to do. Oda hauled over the bucket of water and splashed a bit on the ground. He then picked up a shovel and took a huge scoop of dirt out of the ground, directly in front of the post. Nodding, he figured the ground was just about right.

Taking the larger rope, he tied one end to the post and another end around his waist. He then planted his shovel into the ground and got to work.

He only hoped that no one walked in on him!

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Yoru grinned with slight excitement as he walked towards the Academy Training Grounds, intent on getting the hang of some of his new techniques before seriously using them in battle, be it sparring or otherwise. It was a fairly nice morning, with the pale, early morning sun warming Yoru's tired muscles, a few small clouds lazily drifting through the sky. Yoru had decided to head out to train fairly early so that he wouldn't have to deal with afternoon heat impeding his training, not to mention the other shinobi who would be there by then... He didn't want to deal with their mocking of his thin body and lackluster physical skills today, he just wanted to see how his newly-created Static Clone would interact with the Galvanic Zone technique.

After all, it was a clone made of Raiton chakra, so would the C-Ranked technique increase it's speed? Would it be unaffected? That was one of Yoru's questions he wanted to figure out today, hence why he was making his way to the Training Grounds. However, when he got there, Yoru noticed an androgynous figure digging a hole in front of one of the training posts. While Yoru normally would have shrugged this off as someone needed a specific terrain for a technique, Yoru noticed the rope around the figure's waist connecting them to the post, as well as several other odd materials that seemed to be haphazardly placed around the area.

Cautiously walking up behind the still digging figure, Yoru called out "Yo." He made sure to leave several feet of space in case this was one of the more... paranoid shinobi who would attack when startled, and he didn't want to become the target of an attack.
NameColorVillageRankTeam
Muramasa, Fudo[color=#CB0000]Iron CountryD-RankN/A
Awai, Seiza[color=#2E2D88]KonohagakureGenin???

Hypuu

Post by Hypuu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Oh no.

He was found.

How was he going to explain this? Oda thought long and hard for about three seconds before he came to his conclusion. Yoru's greeting, simple in nature, hung heavy in the air. Oda stood upright from his crouched position, as he looked up and the sky, seemingly deep in contemplation. A gust of wind fluttered by, tickling Oda's soft locks with it's presence. Oda cocked his head over his shoulder and stared at Yoru from one eye.

"Fool."

The single word hung heavy in the air. Oda slowly, painstakingly rose a finger and pointed it directly at Yoru. He still only glanced at him from over his shoulder, and the position that he was morphing her body into was awkward.

"I remember when I was like you, in my younger days... Content. Carefree. Simply out for a stroll during the morning, honing my skills as if that was what the world was all about."

Oda's voice was as low as he could make it, the ominous words hopefully resounding with Yoru.

"You seem young. Still a simple Genin, perhaps? Of course. Only an amateur would approach someone dangerous with this attitude. For your foolishness... you've already been caught in my Genjutsu."

The absolute solemn look on his face was shocking. He finally turned his full body towards Yoru, facing him head on with eyes looking as cold as ice.

"This is a ritual. I have created a forbidden technique- known only to me, and me alone. Young one, this area isn't safe... Flee, while you still can."

What was the answer to the question 'what was his excuse?' Simple.

Fake it till you make it.

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:34 pm

Yoru's eyes were dull with disbelief as he stared at the person in front of him, who spouting off all this grandiose bullshit. Honestly, he wasn't even sure whether or not they were trying to be funny, but he still was rendered silent by it.

"Wh... Are you being serious?" Yoru asked incredulously. "First of all, unless you're older than you look, I'm pretty sure that I'm older than you." Yoru started, his voice monotone with a heavy tinge of disbelief.

"Second off, you lack any of the identifiers that would normally indicate a Chuunin or Jounin, so I think I can safely assume that you are a Genin. Third, you were literally just digging a hole in the ground and didn't notice me." Yoru's eye was twitching slightly as he struggled to comprehend just how... bizarre this situation was.

"Fourth, you didn't preform any handseals for a Genjutsu. I mean, it's not impossible that it might be a sealless technique, but it seems unlikely. Finally, why exactly would you tell me about your oh-so powerful 'forbidden technique' before telling me to leave? Even if it was true, it would be the simplest thing in the world to alert an experienced shinobi who could come and deal with you. Hell, we're right next to the Academy, do you really think that there aren't at least a few high-ranking shinobi around?" As he finally finished ranting, Yoru was panting slightly, his voice having raised a little bit at the end of it.

Yoru was about to wait for an answer, before he finally asked "Also, are you a boy or a girl?" At this point, he was finally finished, and he expectantly raised an eyebrow at the person in front of him, hands on his hips and tapping his foot like a parent would to a naughty child.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Hypuu

Post by Hypuu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:54 pm

Dammit, he found out!

He had to admit that it wasn't exactly his best act. He could've definitely done better. But hey! That's life, sometimes you win, but most of the time, you lose.

That's why you always have a Plan B!

Oda stared at Yoru with wide eyes. He gulped slightly, and made himself smaller within his cloak... Slowly, he sniffed and his eyes began to swell... with tears...

Oda kneeled on the ground, sombre and upset... "M-Me...?"He sniffed some more, wiping his eyes with his detached sleeves. "I-I'm just a harmless little girl... w-why are you being so mean to me...?"His beady, pleading eyes stared up at him with a glint... a glint of tears.

Soon those tears began freely flowing down Oda's face, accompanied by wails of sorrow akin to a complaining child. "O-Of course y-you're older than me! I j-just wanna grow up to be a cool Shinobi l-like the other Ninjas.... so why are you being so mean to me!?" He sniffed as tears streamed down his face freely.

"A-Are all you ninja like this!? J-Just little meanies who want to crush my dreams!? W-Why!" He took a shaky inward breath as he got down on his knees, then even further, into the fetal position.

"F-Fine then.... I guess I-I can't be cool like the other kids..." Another sniffle as Oda shot Yoru a teary stare.

"I-In my class... everyone bullies me because I'm s-small... I come here s-so I can be cool, because everyone else calls me a loser!" He yelled out the words with conviction, still crying.

"I-I guess... I guess people bully me wherever I go then, huh!?"He asked the question and stared straight up at Yoru. His act of being a small, fragile girl might have worked!

As long as the kid had a heart, that is.

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:34 am

At this point, Yoru was actually pretty concerned. Was the kid bipolar? Did they have a concussion? Eyebrows furrowed, Yoru said "Er... you... you do realize that you're wearing a forehead protector, right?" Seriously, why exactly were they trying to 'trick' him? Were they just trying to get him to let his guard down?

Cautiously, Yoru's eyes flickered around the area, keeping the kid in his peripherals as he carefully looked for anything that seemed out of place, be it a trap or something that the probable genin in front of him was trying to distract him from.

As he did so, Yoru saw sunlight glinting off of something that appeared to have been tied around the training posts. Is... is that a tripwire?' Yoru thought to himself incredulously, more confused than he was before, especially since there didn't seem to be anything attached to the wire.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”