[Plotboard] Return to Sender

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 am

[Plotboard] Rescue Apparently there had been internal wounds requiring surgery, and as such Kyo had spent her time so far in the hospital. It was another bright morning as she awoke to the feel of someone checking her bandages, the medic ninja commending her again on how well she had done so far in following their directions, making it clear he was used to more stubborn patients than she. The woman barely gave a smile in return as he left to do his duties and she shifted in her bed carefully to sit up.

Today was important, she knew that much. It just took her a few moments to remember why, but when it did it all kinda hit her at once. Her cousin was supposed to arrive today. Her cousin the Raikage... a fact she still hadn't quite absorbed. It seemed so foreign and strange to her, she wasn't even sure if she was supposed to be worried or excited for him. All her life her mother had kept him as separate from him as she could and Kyo wasn't sure if Hayate would even remember her. The girl barely remembered him after all.

But she also remembered the two Konoha shinobi who had saved her, Fanho and Yosuke, had said they would be here when he arrived today and so she simply sat and waited. Some part of her hoped one of them would bring food... as seemed to be true in every hospital, the food here had sucked so far.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:00 am

Takeo had been quite surprised at the discovery that had been made by two of his top shinobi. They had been sent to dispatch slaver activity, a persistent problem that for whatever reason continued to trickle through the country despite how relentless Konoha had been in violently eliminating any such threat. It was typical to free captives in such situations though often they were Fire Country citizens from remote and small communities near the Rock Country border. Occasionally there would be the odd minor country citizen whom was given refuge and allowed to start a new life in a Fire Country village but discovering captive shinobi from another nation was quite rare. To then find out that the shinobi in question had family ties to a powerful political figure, in this case the Raikage, was a tremendous and fortuitous opportunity. Takeo had met the man less than a month ago, setting up the foundations for a trade agreement between the two shinobi nations. Now in a gesture of good will he could reunite the man with his cousin and hopefully spur greater cooperation and trust between Konoha and Kumo.

Dressed in his usual attire of a navy-blue shirt, black combat pants and the flowing red and white Hokage robes Takeo approached the hospital room where their guest was staying. An ANBU operative guarded her room, ensuring her safety as well as keeping an eye on her in case she got any ideas about running off to explore the village. Only the Hokage himself and the pair of ANBU operatives whom had rescued the woman were permitted access to her room, at least until the Raikage arrived of course. A messenger hawk had been sent out early that morning, now into the afternoon if Hayate had left upon receiving notice he should be arriving shortly. For nearly anyone else the trip would take several days though with the Speed and Stamina of a Kage, especially that of the legendary Hayate such a Journey could be condensed to less than 5 hours.

The guard verified Takeo’s chakra signature as he approached the door before promptly moving aside. The muscular Hokage nodded his approval, it was satisfying to see his ANBU operatives maintain protocol, there was nothing that bothered him more than seeing supposedly elite shinobi act sloppily and forgo their training. As founder of ANBU and former commander himself he held extremely high standards and expectations for anyone donning the mask and tattoo of the organization that now acted as his right hand. Entering the room the bearded warrior looked over the girl with his striking blue eyes. “Kyo was it? My name is Takeo” he introduced, extending a hand in greeting as he approached the bedside. “How have your accommodations been? If there’s anything at all you need don’t hesitate to ask” he assured as he took a seat.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:13 am

To say that the woman he and Fanho found was odd was an understatement, and not just in terms of personality and ability. The woman's relation to the Raikage was beyond interesting, to the point where Yosuke had even suspected it wasn't a coincidence. But for lack of evidence and motive, Yosuke dropped his paranoid suspicions and instead focused on the safe return of one Nakajima to another. It would mostly be a talk between kage, but Yosuke was still asked to be present during the exchange because of he and Fahno's roles in her rescue. No doubt he was going to be thanked and revered for heroism or some jazz, but Yosuke just considered it part of his job. He wasn't one for accolades.

Still, he showed up to the hospital only minutes after the Hokage and approached the room, donned in his regular attire as he was not acting as an ANBU operative today. He was still armed as always, wires wrapped around his forearms and shins, and he nodded to the ANBU operative guarding the room before of course being inspected. Once the inspection and chakra reading were through, he would enter the door to find Takeo was already there. "Good morning Hokage-sama. And good morning to you too Kyo, i'm glad you seem to be feeling much better in comparison to when we found you. Today is a big day... Are you happy to be reuniting with your cousin?" Hidden in his pouch, Yosuke reached back and pulled out a small Bento box with a few pieces of sushi and some rice. It was simple, but would hopefuly be to her liking. "Figured you'd had enough hospital food. Even here in Konoha, the hospital food always sucks." He smiled at her before handing her the box, letting her take her fill of the food.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Fanho stepped into the room as his hands were tucked inside of his pockets. His chakra signature was checked as he stepped into the room. He wore his traditional shinobi attire as it was his all around general attire. To be honest he didn't really care much for the theatrics of disguising ones face in ANBU, he realized it was a dangerous job, but didn't like hiding in the dark doing good deeds. He believed in inspiring and giving those something to aspire for. Shaking the thought from his head as he entered he gave a nod to the two agents before turning his attention to the Hokage, Yosuke, and Kyo before him.

"Hospital food isn't so bad..." He gave a shrug and then a smirk. "If you like paste that is." The young Jounin chuckled to himself as he wondered what would transpire. He figured no one would be offended out of Kumo, rather a sense of relief that they finally had fount his long lost cousin. It'd end up being a happy little reunion he hoped, and nothing he'd have to intervene in. The Awai wasn't sure how he'd measure up if he had to fight the Raikage and his cousin. He heard stories of the Raikage being the fastest around even beating the likes of Yaku.

Fanho made an 'oh' face before grabbing a thermos of warm green tea he had kept in his back pouch before giving it a light shake ensuring what he already knew that it was full. He held it out for Kyo before giving a warm smile. "Something to wash it down with, full Konoha hospitality treatment is better than the standard hospital one." He gave a wink to really sell the joke, however if she had done what she did earlier when Yosuke and him fount her the boy would absolutely stutter and be a bumbling joke.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Kyo?

The air barely escaped from Hayate's lips, the letter lowering from his face and out of his eye-line as he looked to the hawk that sat perched at his window. His other hand waved the messenger bird off. He had not heard that name in a long time, and it was vague to him. She was Nakajima but circumstance had separated them, and circumstance had also lead to her believing to be dead. The fact that Konohagakure was no telling him she was alive and in their safe keeping caused concern to the Raikage. It was quite the coincidence the new trade partner found the assumed-dead cousin of the Raikage. Given the good terms he doubted it was a trap however, and while choosing to err on the side of caution still had to admit the universe was a wonderful force. With the paperwork and proper notification given, the Raikage would leave his roost and descend down from the heavens for a special trip to Konohagakure- a shadow clone would be left in his office. He was glad he had found such a powerful artifact in his travels.

The sun wasn't quite up yet, but with his backpack on tight and in plain clothes so he would not draw attention to himself the Raikage threw himself into full speed. It was a rather long journey but with good pacing he'd arrive sometime in the afternoon.
Sweaty and admittedly a little tired, Hayate arrived at the gates of Konohagakure. Unlike last time they were expecting him and also had better ways of verifying who he was. Following the typical procedures and verifying his identity with the guards, he was then let in and led to the hospital. Despite merely walking now, his heart was racing more and more, as if he was still running full speed. He was not sure what awaited him, but to be told there was another Nakajima, let alone Kyo-chan was a little shocking. Finally, they reached a room being guarded by ANBU.

Hayate's senses had been erratic on their approach. He'd felt a chakra signature similar to his own, surprisingly, one that seemed to always be on. However, the chakra that left... well... the chakra emanated with a completely different feel.

Bowing to the guards and the room as he entered, he looked to the bed. It was a little rough, but he chose to speak the first thing that was on both their minds.

"I'll be honest in saying that I don't recognize you, and you probably not I. It's been... decades. But I can already tell you are my cousin- and stranger, there's something about you that I didn't think anyone but my self possessed." He motioned to an empty seat in a may I? manner.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:51 pm

As someone entered the room, Kyo suddenly pushed herself to sitting up though a faint blush came across her cheeks as she did so. She hated hospital nightgowns, but as she'd been healing from surgery she hadn't had much choice. Her only saving grace was the robe she wore over it. Her things were neatly piled on a table nearby, though she wore her red scarf. In the first days members of the hospital staff had learned the hard way to let her at least have that scarf and so now she had it around her neck. Once she was sitting up she sat there fidgeting with the end of her scarf, eyes pulled to Takeo as he introduced himself. "You're the Hokage then." she remarked as she glanced at his Hokage robes and took in the information. "I guess you already know then... I'm Nakajima Kyo." she said, introducing her mostly for the formality. She shook his extended hand and nodded, offering an attempt at a small smile. "Thank you... honestly I'm grateful already. I don't know how long I was gone but... its good to be away from that... it'll be good to get home." she said, almost hesitantly. "Thank you." she added again, glancing at the door as another individual came in.

She managed another small smile as Yosuke addressed her, though she couldn't help a shrug as he asked about her cousin. "Honestly... I think I'm feeling awkward about it." she said with a slight chuckle. "I don't remember the last time I saw him, even before I was kidnapped..." she admitted. "We were just kids then..." But as Yosuke produced the small bento box, Kyo's eyes lit up as she took it and gave her first genuine grin of the day. "Thank you, you must be a damn mind reader." she said with a laugh. "The food here is just as bad as our hospital." she added, laughing again as she looked over the box's contents.

Honestly Kyo hadn't noticed Fanho enter at first, at least until he spoke up. She had been focused on the bento box, even eating a piece of sushi as he appeared and soon gave her a thermos of green tea. "Thank you so much." she said sincerely, reaching out to take it. She didn't try to kiss him on the cheek this time, but as she took the thermos her eyes were focused on his, her fingers trailing across his briefly. But just moments later she was enjoying the food and tea that had been brought to her, blushing slightly as she realized there were pretty much three men just standing there watching her eat. Swallowing hard she set things aside and tried again to smile. "I really don't know how to thank you all for everything." she admitted. "You didn't just save my life... but my mind." To some it might've seemed an odd thing to be thankful for, others might value their lives over their minds, but Kyo was quite the opposite. As someone with a fascination and dedication to Genjutsu, her mind was her most valuable asset to herself.

As Kyo tried to find more to say, and ways to thank them, her train of thought was interrupted by the entrance of her cousin. For several moments she just stared at him, wide-eyed, barely registering what he said to her. As he motioned to the chair she seemed to come out of it briefly, pushing the blanket out of the way and standing on her own two feet. It took some effort, she grabbed onto the railing of the bed as she held the robe around her and tied it off before taking steps towards Hayate. When she got closer to him she reached out both hands to touch his face, looking up into his eyes for several moments before a genuine smile began to come to her face. "Nah I recognize you." she said quietly. "I still see the boy I tried to follow around when I was a child, in your eyes." she answered with a chuckle. She didn't seem to think about personal space or any such thing as she reached out and suddenly hugged him.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:28 pm

Takeo nodded, “Yeah, that’s right” he confirmed, still smiling warmly. His cobalt eyes were both crisp and perceptive and yet deeply caring as he took in her appearance and noted the red scarf she wore. It was all consistent with the mission report he had read. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Kyo” he stated, cupping her hand gently with both of his. Compared to his her hands felt quite soft and fragile but then again not many people could crush steel with their bare hands or had engaged in as much close combat and rigorous exercise as he had over the years. He would release her hand fairly quickly, being a comforting presence but hopefully not coming across overbearing or unsettling. “I’m glad my men found you. The sooner the better in a situation like that.” He agreed, giving her a look that indicated he understood some of what she had been through. He didn’t talk about it much but the man had received extensive training in torture tactics, including being subject to many mock torture situations as well as very powerful genjutsu. He had experienced agony beyond belief and known what it was like to be completely helpless, to feel like a part of you is slipping away. They were not fond memories by any means.

He nodded as she again expressed her thanks, “We’ll get you to your home before you know it” he assured. Without needing to look Takeo knew that it was Yosuke whom had entered the room, he recognized the scent of each of his ANBU operatives less someone attempt to slip into the ranks with a stolen mask, so too did he recognize close friends and family of course. Scent was one of those things that few shinobi were able to alter even if they could pull off a convincing transformation. “Good morning Yosuke, glad you could make it” he responded, turning to face the man. Even for the concerns he had about the man being too narrow minded it was refreshing to see that he still cared about people and could see the bigger picture after all. Recovering Kyo had been a excellent decision both in regards to morality and political interests. He chuckled at the forethought of bringing food, “Who would have thought you’d know what a woman wants” he teased, “Clearly I’m still trying to figure that one out” he continued laughing at his own expense. He would have been content to have a shadow clone run out and pick up any food the woman desired but it wasn’t quite the same as coming prepared in the first place. ‘As long as I make Aina happy then that’s all that really matters’ he considered to himself, smiling as he knew that he wasn’t really all that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Right on time Fanho too entered the room, jumping in on the good-natured atmosphere in the room with a joke of his own. Takeo smirked, it was evident he liked the kid and as always appreciated his humor and easygoing nature. He hadn’t openly expressed it to anyone but he had an eye on the young man to potentially replace him one day. Of course Fanho still had much room to grow but he was certainly on the right track with his values and skills as a shinobi. His time in ANBU had also served to round him out and expose him to the harsher side of being a shinobi. Of all the up and coming generation Fanho displayed that crucial duality the best. “Good to see you Fanho” he greeted warmly. Those under his command weren’t just soldiers to him, they were friends.

Takeo’s eyebrow rose as he saw the way Kyo’s hand touched against Fanho’s. He would watch Fanho for a reaction. That certainly wasn’t something that was mentioned in the mission reports, a crush perhaps? Or was she just playing around, it certainly seemed intentional enough but he could be mistaken. Either way it was interesting to see more of her personality. It was a good sign that she was feeling more herself. “We are well known for the quality of our tea, something I’m sure you’ll get to try more of once the details of our trade agreements are sorted out” he stated. Hopefully she would enjoy the rich flavorful body of properly grown tea. Konoha had a large supply, much of it imported from the Land of tea at a discounted price and others grown more locally. He would let the two talk for a few moments before the man of the hour arrived. None other than the Raikage, Nakajima Hayate.

Sliding back his chair Takeo would stand and greet the man. “Hayate! Welcome back to Konoha” to greeted, shaking the mans hand quickly and then moving out of the way so that he could sit next to his cousin or at least have full access to the side of her bed. Sure enough the woman slipped out of bed and embraced the man. It was difficult to see much family resemblance between the two but they certainly shared a bond, as faint as a childhood memory might be, it seemed to be enough. It warmed his heart to see them reunited. In that moment he wasn’t considering any political angles. He was simply content to witness family and happiness restored.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:30 am

Yosuke could only grin as the woman accepted his food, clearly happy to have a decent meal for what was no doubt the first time in days. He had been by a few times before already, but each time he had simply forgotten to bring her a decent meal. It wasn't until yesterday that he realized "oh, shit, the food at that hospital sucks" and decided to come bring her something today. But of course he forgot a drink... And then came fanho to save the day. "Perfect timing Fanho, nicely done."He commended his ally for his forethought, and couldn't help but smile warmly at Kyo's sincere gratitude.

"Honestly Kyo, you're very welcome. I'm happy that we were able to save you from that awful fate and get you back up to strength. And i'm even happier to be able to help you get home... I'm sure your family will be incredibly happy to see you return safely. Hell, even the Raikage is coming to get you personally..." As if on queue, Yosuke's ears twitched and the ground rumbled ever so slightly as someone approached the door to Kyo's room. "I bet that's him now." About 5 seconds after he said this, the door opened, and in walked Raikage Hayate. Though he was not his kage, Yosuke understood the need for pleasantries and respect, if only for his Hokage's benefit. He would give a small bow to the man before stepping out of his way, allowing her to get to Kyo.

"Good day Raikage Hayate. You'll find Kyo in great condition, she's been a perfect patient. Now then... I think i'll take my leave for now, i'll be outside." He would do just that, shooting a look to Fanho as well in an attempt to send him the same message: "Give them some time alone". Of course, Takeo was the goddamn Hokage, he could do what he wanted. And he sincerely doubted the Raikage would try any funny business. If he did however... well, Yosuke was just outside.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Fanho's jaw dropped a bit as her hand brushed against his purposefully while maintaining eye contact the entire time. "Uhh.. Uh.. Thank you?" He posed it as a question while stuttering obviously not prepared for the situation before blinking and realizing what he had just said. "I-I mean you're welcome." He gave an uncomfortable chuckle as he smiled trying to play it off. His attention then turned to the Hokage in the room as he greeted Fanho. It'd at least give him a minute to shake the blush that plagued his face.

"You too Wolf-Man Hokage." Giving a chuckle as he joked with the Hokage. The blush still on his face from Kyo, but fading as he tried to place his mind elsewhere before it flared up one more time. He watched as Hayate the Raikage appeared in the room greeting Kyo. It was clear that's where his attention and concern was, and that was fair that he'd be concerned with her well being. "So I guess its true you're the fastest in the land. Anyone ever call you lightning bolt-" He said gesturing towards the Raikage before Yosuke shot Fanho a look as if to step out of the room.

"I'll step outside too otherwise I think spiderman will neck me." Fanho's eyebrows fluttered as he stepped outside of the room following behind Yosuke closing the door. They'd let the three of them talk it out, or just let Hayate and Kyo have a moment to talk privately. Who knows, Fanho would just stand guard taking place of one of the two ANBU guards outside.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Hayate bowed to the men in the room once more. It went without saying that he was grateful for what they had done. He wasn't an expert on the cultural exchanges of Konohagakure people, but he hoped that their culture of gratitude was remotely similar to his own. He did not expect to find Kyo standing, her hands working over his face and her eyes gazing deeply into his own. A moment passed and then he found himself in her embrace. His cheeks turned a little pink. He'd killed gods, lords, and armies. Faced off against Genma... And he was lost for words at what had just happened. Still in her embrace and shocked silence, his hand moved to pat her on the head.

He finally broke the silence as he retorted to an unfamiliar face who was on his way out of the room- and the youngest shinobi present. "Never heard that one but they do call me the Shadow of Lighting.". It was a slightly dry word-play joke, paying homage to the fact his name literally meant the shadow of lightning- which had to be pretty damn fast since it followed the speed a lightning bolt moved at.

With the other two out of the way, he motioned to Kyo that he was gunna take her back to her bed, and once she was resting again he'd take a seat next to the Hokage.

"I'm not sure how any of this is happening, but this is my cousin, Lord Hokage. She also... seems to possess an ability that I had long though myself to be the only person to hold..." he paused, scratching his chin. "It seems that the Nakajima had a bloodline this whole time- which worries me. I understand you were captive, Kyo."

Would could this mean?

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Kyo allowed herself to be led back to the bed. She sat on the edge, shifting to try and get comfortable before realizing she was hurting again. With a grumble the woman pulled a sheet back up over herself and laid down, turning her head to look at the two men in the room who remained, the Hokage and the Raikage. She found herself staring at Hayate, trying to memorize the face of the man she hadn't seen in so many years. As he spoke to the Hokage though, spoke of her ability, the woman blushed lightly and turned away from the pair. She reached up a hand and touched the red scarf around her neck. It was the only thing keeping the whispers out of the heads of others she knew, and she was tempted to demonstrate it. Yet in the end she chose to leave it where it needed to be and sighed.

That statement brought her attention back to the pair, the mention of her captivity. She sighed quietly and nodded. She had been pretty numb and even emotionless when it came to what happened to her. It was as if it still didn't hit home. But as Hayate mentioned it, she couldn't help a flush of shame that flooded her person, and she wasn't quite sure why. "I was." she admitted, sighing as she looked down at her hands. Her fingers intertwined, wrenching as she tried to understand what she was feeling. "I went on a mission to learn the horrors of the world... it was supposed to help me learn. To help my own genjutsu series that I was trying to create at the time."

Kyo shrugged and chuckled mirthlessly. "Well. I learned something about horror."

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Hayate was still paused in concern, his face increasingly showing his feelings. His hands were now running over the slight stubble that had formed on his face. Any first impressions on his neatness for the day would be dissolved with more time and more glances. He had clearly left in a hurry that morning, and even more clear that he was worried about something. It seemed to coincidental that the Nakajima were always involved in current affairs, being kidnapped, or something weird... And for her to have been kidnapped... surely it didn't take an idiot to figure out who she was and the relations she had. Whoever had kidnapped her had infinitely more value in using her with Kumogakure than keeping her... it all just baffled him.

He wanted to ask more but he was sure Kyo had been through a traumatic experience, especially given his words. He bowed his head to her. "It must of been very hard.... and what of your captor?" he said trying to delicately place the question.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Kyo fell quiet as she was asked about her captor and could only shrug. "I was pretty out of it when I was rescued." she admitted quietly. "I'm not sure if he was killed or captured." she remarked, glancing at the Hokage and then at the door. The two men who had just left were the pair who had rescued her and she knew they'd probably have the answer. The woman sighed quietly and shrugged. "The whole thing was... weird." she said quietly. "I was kept drugged for awhile, I vaguely remember being sold to my captor, like a slave of some kind. Whatever drugs they used made it so I couldn't form chakra... I was so out of it. Even my ability, nothing worked."

Her eyes were focused on her hands again as she tried desperately to remember more. "After I was sold, I was kept under genjutsu most of the time. I can't even tell you what happened for real, or what was part of the illusion... I don't even remember him talking about Kumo, who I was... I don't even remember if he knew my name." She turned her head and looked at Hayate a moment, sitting up as she reached out a hand to try and grasp his, as well as change the subject. "I didn't even know you were Raikage now... how did that happen? What else did I miss?"

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat May 26, 2018 6:10 pm

Hayate's hand ran through his hair. It had naturally always been a naturally near white color, but it looked particularly white following the passage of time since his expulsion and rise to power. It was clear he was a man spread thin. As his hand reached the back of his head it rotated forward and back to his chin, stroking his prominent jawline gracefully. "That is surely a perplexing situation. I suspect you were targeted for a specific reason... or if not initially, surely your captors were aware of your relation to I.... but I could be wrong. Anyhow let's put that aside and leave it for intelligence discussions." His cousin needed to recover and gather the strength to return home. Right now was not the time to grill her for more information she probably did not even have. Today had been very fascinating, not just to learn that his cousin was alive, but to learn that she had it. The Nakajima... from his their generation... was a bloodline.

Hmph.

His hand dropped from his chin to Kyo's, and he held her hand. He held it just like he did when they were kids.

You always followed me around Kyochan... it is a shame the past was as cruel as it was.

"I became the hero of the village.... Akino... was killed... and I defeated the demon that killed him... and then I killed a feudal lord and I was expelled from the cloud as a traitor... But then the war... hero again... ahh, It's extremely complicated... And quite long. I would like to confess all the secrets to you, but it's a bit much for now." he paused, and moved his other hand ontop of hers, closing her hand inbetween both his own. "Whatever you hear when you return.... Promise me you will not believe it. Many think I am bad, some would say I followed in father's footsteps... but it is because no one knows the truth. I hope someday I can reveal it." he paused. This was too heavy.

No one in Kumogakure knew how heart broken their Raikage was. He sacrificed everything for his people and country... He sacrificed it all so they could live in blissful ignorance, but in that blissful ignorance many believed him to be evil.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun May 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Oh if only her mind was all in one piece. Still recovering, Kyo tried to focus on the things her cousin told her. If she were one hundred percent, her mind would have taken his words as puzzle pieces and begun putting them together. Perhaps she would have even found some form of answers in his statements that he hadn't even realized he had, perhaps she could have shed light on her own kidnapping before the conversation was done. Yet as it was all she could do in order to listen to what he had to say. Growing up she had seen him as such a strong shinobi, and now watching him she felt as the conversation went on she was seeing more and more how broken he had become. It flooded her mind with questions but every one of them she quashed and set aside.

This wasn't the time, and not just for her sake.

Her hand enveloped by his still the girl forced herself to sit up and leaned against Hayate. The woman rest her cheek against his and smiled against him. "Blood is thicker than water." she said quietly, her way of reminding him that he was her family and in her mind that made him the most important. "And I trust you." she added quietly, sighing to herself as she silently wondered just what she would hear when she got home. "I'll have your back in any way I can." she leaned down, her free hand coming over to touch his arm as she kissed the top of his fingers lightly and sighed against them. 'How bad is it going to be? What will I hear? I need to trust he'll be honest with me when he can.... but Raikage.... gods what does all this mean?'

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:36 am

Hayate let out a soft hmph.

He bowed his head in thanks and gratitude for his cousins kind comments. "And naturally, I will have your back. Regardless of what anyone thinks though, our family is quite big these days." he chuckled. "The entire country is our family now, Ki-chan." he stopped holding her hand and patted her on the head, scrunching her hair all about.

"How bout I go meet with the Hokage and let you get back to rest, then? As soon as you're recovered enough to make the journey we'll take you home." he paused. She was probably more than good enough to return now, but he worried about just how much the change would shock her. The village and life she knew had completely changed, after all.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”