The Infamous Bell Test

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Director » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:48 pm

Fanho laid out on a tree branch high in the training field away from prying eyes. It'd be hard for anyone to discern he was up here. He awaited his students he had sent them all directions for the field their infamous test would take place. If they failed to pick up the hints then they'd need retraining at the academy. However Fanho held hope they could pull through, it was either that or back to the basics for 'em anyways. The day was still young, only nine o'clock in the morning, the morning dew and mist still dripped carefully from the leaves and blades of grass. The stream nearby trickled at the same pace it always did. The sky was blue and sun shining.

The trio was an interesting dynamic, one who was boy crazy and infatuated with Fanho, the other a Hyuuga trying to find her way with the clan traditions, and the third being newly minted shinobi from his immediate family. Also one who clearly had a bit of growing up to do. However if this test would help with their maturity teaching them the important lessons that needed to be learned. The Jounin had faith they could pull through as long as they put their mind forth, and trained their bodies to the limit.

With a sigh Fanho turned his eyes to watch whoever came in, he still hid in the trees awaiting all three to come forth before dropping down. "Let's see if you guys are up for the test."
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

TyDie

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by TyDie » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:30 am

To say that Jin had a hard time sleeping last night would be an understatement. After leaving his first meeting that day with the anxiety of their first and possibly last test hanging over his head, Jin made a B line for the nearest training ground and spent the next 3 hours honing his skills. Once he had sweat the last of his energy out, he wobbled back home and made sure he was well hydrated and fed. He bathed of course, so that he didn't reek, but even after all of these things sleep did not come easy. His night was full of tossing and turning, his thoughts fixated on the events of tomorrow.

When he fell asleep, he didn't know, but he woke up with hardly 15 minutes to spare till 9 oclock. That young Senju had never moved so fast in his life, out the door with a leftover riceball in his mouth in less than two minutes. Hell, he was still throwing on his shirt by the time he got out the door, and throwing on a shirt while holding a staff in one hand and a riceball in your mouth was impossible. Still, he managed to make it work, and with only a minute to spare he arrived at the training grounds huffing and puffing.

"Haa... Haa... Holy hell I made it. Whew!" He wiped the sweat from his brow and stuck his staff into the ground with a moment of pride. At least he was warmed up now... And still, he managed to be the first one to show up. Still, he imagined the others wouldn't be late. Hanako seemed to be on point, and Niku was just about the same. He'd hopefully have a little time to catch his breath before they showed up.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Servant

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Servant » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:08 pm

Niku awoke feeling well rested, having had many 'romantic' dreams throughout the evening. Her smile was plastered onto her face, even after stretching for a few minutes. She got dressed, making sure to wear her most flattering attire, knowing that Fanho would be seeing her in it. In truth, it wasn't much different than her normal attire; in that, it was the same, but she felt like it was better tailored to her body. Akisu sat in the corner, patiently waiting, as Niku appraised her own appearance with the aid of a mirror for longer than was necessary. She was a shinobi after all, not a model. After all of that, she placed both of her wakizashi into the loops on her left hip. She, momentarily, wished that she had been able to perfect her offhand draws before this little test, but alas, it was still just out of her grasp. She grabbed her satchel, throwing it over her right shoulder.

Once the two females were ready to go, they set out following the directions provided by Fanho. Akisu liked to lead the way, though she didn't know where they were going exactly. She just preferred it to being next to or behind Niku, it was an alpha thing. Niku didn't mind; of course, she didn't think of it the same way, she just figured the cat was enjoying the freedom to move about on her own. "Should be right up here," the young girl announced to Akisu, who rushed ahead to see if it could locate someone. Niku giggled a little: while they had trained together a few times, Niku was still much quicker than the little cat. Simply put, Niku could have scouted the area and come back before Akisu could have even arrived, but again, Niku just assumed the cat was enjoying its freedom.

Niku rounded a tree, seeing Jin and Akisu a few meters away. She waved and continued on over, Akisu just sat next to Jin's leg as he huffed and puffed. "I see you found my teammate," Niku joked with the caracal before addressing Jin. "Now Jin, when are you and Hanako gonna make it official? You two would make such a cute couple and she's totally into you. I mean, yeah, she plays hard to get, but that just makes it more fun, am I right? The hunt and all that." She took that moment to look around, wondering if Hanako or Fanho were coming soon.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Willoria » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:19 pm

Honestly Hanako wasn't looking forward to her day. Both of her teammates seemed obsessed with romantic attachment, something Hanako had yet to have any form of interest in. Still, she woke up early to do a few exercises with her mother before eating breakfast, even taking a small box of steamed buns with red bean paste in the middle with her. She took her time walking to her destination, Jun still passed out in the pouch at her hip. When she arrived she hoped to see her teammates in a more serious mood and that that would cheer her up, instead she walked in on a conversation she wanted nothing to do with.

Stuffing the small box of steamed buns away in her things for later, she crossed her arms over her chest as she walked up behind Niku. "I am not prey, and I am not available to him. He's the wrong clan, and the only chance he'd have with me is if I were a corpse." she said harshly before stepping around the other girl and looking around for their Sensei.

She almost jumped when Fanho dropped from the trees... almost. She sighed almost happily, definitely ready to get things going. "I'm ready for it." she said almost proudly.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Director
Hokage
Hokage

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Director » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:07 pm

Fanho gave a chuckle at Hanako's uncomfortable response to Niku's implications. Just as he dropped down it seemed Hanako was relieved that Fanho was on site. If anything maybe not to put a stop to Niku's pervy nature, but to at least pre-occupy it, away from herself anyways. He glanced at the three as he wondered one last time what kind of misfit bundle he had got wrapped up all in one big dysfunctional team. He gave a sigh and eye roll as he took a few steps to the middle of the field putting a few meters between him and the others. "Alright, shall we begin? I'll explain a few ground points before we begin."

The young Jounin slipped his hands in his pockets as he stared down the three in a much more serious tone, even more so serious than when he threatened them with the academy once more. He tapped his pockets which made the two bells tied on his belt jingle slightly. "There are two bells which means only two of you will pass. You must decide among the three of you who wants it most. Not only that, but as a full fledged Jounin I surpass you all in every single field." He gave a sigh as he glanced around fluttering his eye brows pointing out the training field. "We have the entire training field and surrounding trees. This will be your area of operations. If you wish to win, you're gonna have to come at me with the intent to kill. If you don't, I will ensure you leave here with broken arms and a hard lesson learned."

The young Jounin finished his serious monologue as he popped back into his friendly, happy-go-lucky personality. "With all that out of the way, are you guys ready for a good work-out?" A grin formed on the Awai's face as he stood prepped, not a single inch of tension could be seen in his body. However if Hanako were to peer with her Byakugan, she'd clearly see that Fanho had massive chakra reserves, that comparable to her own dad Takeo's.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

TyDie

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by TyDie » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Jin was initially uneasy as the feline showed up to greet him, given his past experience with Hanako's 'cat', but the creature seemed calm, so he relaxed a little bit. Niku was quick to show up after the cat, to which he gave a smile and a nod in greetings. Her opening comment admittedly caused him to grin, the thought of 'hunting' Hanako swimming through his mind. "Hehe, well ya see, there's still some groundwork to be laid ou-" He found his sentence cut off by the arrival of the girl herself, who proceeded to completely and decisively reject any and all thoughts of romance between them. She even went as far as to say she'd have to be dead...

The young, chipper Senju felt like he was hit by a sack of bricks. He physically recoiled as the world grew dark around him and momentary depression set in. He hung his head in sadness, hardly even noticing the arrival of their mentor at first. When he turned his attention to the young Awai, his feelings were plastered on his face. Still, he heard what was said, and the test that lay before them was a challenge to say the absolute least. Getting hold of a bell that was attached to the hip of a jounin who could literally warp from point A to point B in a flash was practically impossible, and that wasn't even taking into account the plethora of other powers that Fanho no doubt had at his disposal.

And that wasn't even taking into account his loss of motivation as a result of the definitive rejection put forth by his teammate. He tried to get back into it, brandishing his staff with a few half assed twirls before nodding to Fanho. "Okay, let's do it." He spoke matter of factly, without his usual snark or attitude. It was clear that, at least for him, this was already over.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Servant

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Servant » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm

When Hanako started berating Niku from behind, she was surprised and stepped aside, forming a triangle of genin rather than a line. She was immediately overcome with guilt, realizing that she'd been wrong about Hanako's intentions towards Jin and that she was single-handedly tearing the team apart. I didn't even know clan's had rules about romance, she mused, turning to look to see how Jin would respond. Even Jin's face gave away that he was taking Hanako's words rather harshly. It was then that Awai showed himself, drawing Niku's attention to him. For the first time since she'd been on Fanho's team, she wasn't thinking about dating him or ways to get close to him. Her mind was still focused on the schism she'd caused between Hanako and Jin.

Despite her guilt, Niku listened to Fanho's instructions, taunts, and threats. She couldn't help but feel like the Team had little chance, though it wasn't so much because of how masterful Fanho was, but because of how terrible the Team was bound to work together now. Hanako wanted nothing to do with Niku, Jin probably blamed Niku for it, and Niku worried that she'd ruined something great. The three genin hadn't even formed any tactics or strategies for this moment and yet, Niku's teammates were claiming their readiness. "I guess I'm ready too."
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Willoria

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Willoria » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:36 am

Hanako was completely oblivious to her effect on her other two teammates. Having spent so much time working to get back to ready for being a shinobi since regaining her eyes, she hadn't spent much time working on team dynamics. Though it was likely she was about to have a hard lesson in it. Looking at Fanho she could see his chakra reserves, and it left her feeling a little frustrated herself. 'I should have trained in Jyuuken more. Shutting down his chakra reserves would be my best bet, but I can't...' She shook her head with a heavy sigh. 'I can't even tell them what I'm seeing without giving anything away.' She shook her head and dropped into a ready position, but didn't vocalize further.

Hanako channeled chakra into her hands and moved forward as quickly as she could manage, aiming to take strikes at Fanho's torso. It was likely to be a painful lesson.
Jutsu UsedShow
~Jyuuken :: Palm Dance of Divination
D-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 6 Control
The fundamental basis of Jyuuken, the user will focus chakra into their hands. For three posts the user is able to inject the chakra within the opponent’s body upon successful contact, dealing damage to the internal structures of the body rather than the external. This has a painful effect on the muscles and blood vessels within the body, causing bruising at the touch.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Director
Hokage
Hokage

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Director » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:00 pm

As Fanho watched the his team ready themselves, it seems Hanako wanted to jump the gun and get the element of surprise. After all that was the best way to operate as a shinobi was maintain the high card, element of surprise, sheer strength difference, or outplaying and thinking twenty steps ahead. However Fanho could tell easily she was putting the full force of her strength into her attacks. She wanted to do damage to Fanho, and if he had let her it'd hurt but it probably wouldn't leave him with lasting damage. He gave a smirk as she neared aiming to take swift strikes before Fanho took a quick step back slapping her hand down into the ground lodging it with the sheer difference in strength.

He stomped his foot into the ground to create a mini-fission that would seat her hand nice and tight enough to keep it binded without hurting her hand. This was typically a technique reserved for blades, but eh it worked for all sorts of attacks like this. He'd take a step back sliding as he awaited the other two to rescue her or attack outright. He could tell their teamwork wouldn't be on the level needed to defeat him, but that would be something learned and trained. It would be hard for it to come naturally and have a level of unspoken tactics transmitted. "Gotta communicate." The young Jounin had a smirk as he awaited before sticking his hands in his pockets. If it was like this the entire spar, he wouldn't have to take his hands out of his pockets.
Jutsu UsedShow
Kugapou • Slap Stick
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
While a blade is being swung at Fanho most likely in an axe movement, Fanho will step backwards dodging the strike, but also placing his hand on the top of the sword pushing downwards with force. If the strength difference is great this can cause the sword to be lodged into the ground or material at times making it difficult to retrieve.

TyDie

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by TyDie » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:25 am

Jin had gone from 'yeah, lets do this!' to 'Eh... let's get this over with' in a matter of 30 seconds pretty much. Hanako's entrance completely deflated him, and Niku seemed to be in the same boat. Things were definitely not going too well for Team 7's first test, and they were getting even worse with Hanako charging in head first. Fortunately for Hanako, Fanho's method of counter was simple and not too aggressive; he merely put her hand in the dirt and took a step back. Shit... I guess it's time to go. Jin had no idea how this was going to work out, but he had to at least try.

Twirling his staff for a brief moment, Jin focused his attention to Fanho and took a few running steps forward before driving one end of his staff into the ground. He'd push off the staff into the air, flying overtop of Hanako in an attempt to kick Fanho right in his stupid face. If he missed, he'd turn around after the attack and begin throwing a couple of jabs in Fanho's directions, poking at him with the staff. The funniest part was, while he wasn't intending to, if he ended up behind Fanho and poking at him he'd probably be driving Fanho back towards his team.
Jutsu UsedShow
Bojutsu • Vaulting Kick
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A technique meant for closing the gap, Jin will charge forward before jamming one end of his staff into the ground. He will then push off of his staff to gain some forward momentum, launching himself a couple of meters into the air before delivering a flying kick aimed at his opponent. This strike is made with +3 speed due to the extra momentum gathered by the vault, but loses accuracy (-3 Taijutsu). It can also be used to push himself up and over obstacles or enemy attacks.

Bojutsu • Thrust
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
One of the simplest and most basic of strikes, Jin will grip his staff with one hand near the center and one hand towards the back end of the staff. He will then aim his staff at an opponent before pushing forward with the back hand, sliding the staff forward in a thrusting strike. This is an incredibly safe and versatile strike, as it can be used from almost any position and in almost any situation with little risk to Jin.

Bojutsu • Outrange
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
A staple of Bojutsu, Jin is well trained in the effective range of his bo staff, and is capable of maintaining proper distance from his opponent to keep them within the range of his staff but outside of the range of their attacks. This training has taught him to backpedal and deliver feints and strikes to prevent rush attempts as well as to advance when necessary, all the while doing his best to stay within the sweet spot where he can strike without being struck.
Active Characters

Servant

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Servant » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:51 am

Niku looked to Jin as soon as Hanako took off toward Fanho. She may have agreed to being ready, but Niku wasn't actually ready. But that didn't seem to matter at this point, Fanho had already planted Hanako's hand into the ground. Once again, Niku looked to Jin, but he took off, vaulting himself over Hanako. Niku wasn't having fun anymore, but she still felt like helping Hanako was her best plan of action. She moved next to Hanako, keeping her eyes on Fanho and Jin, just in case Fanho tried to intervene. Her hands moved in front of her, doing a string of hand seals which was promptly followed by her foot stomping the ground.

Just a moment later, the earth around Hanako's wrist would begin to move, slowly forming into a clone of Niku. By doing so, Niku hoped that the earth would loosen enough for Hanako to get free. The clone was really more of an afterthought, and as such, it just stood in front of Hanako, not having any instructions.
Jutsu usedShow
Doton • Young Clone
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After the necessary handseals, Niku will channel Doton chakra to the heel of her foot. With a stomp, the chakra will be released into the ground and an earthen clone will rise from the ground in front of her. The clone will endure and has a taijutsu of 2, a stamina 2, a strength of 2, and a speed of 6.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Willoria

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Willoria » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Hanako might not have been hurt by the move, but she still whimpered as her hand was buried and trapped in the ground, white eyes glancing up at Fanho in shock. Her own embarrassment was clear, cheeks turning a flaming red as she realized the predicament she had put herself into. She watched almost helplessly as Jin flew over her and moved to attack Fanho, her hand only being freed when Niku used a doton technique to form a clone. When Hanako removed her hand she stumbled briefly, and mumbled a thank you to the girl. Her expression was entirely different now. She was embarrassed, she was confused, and some part of her was pissed. But what she was angry about was her own actions. In a moment of shame she remembered her own lessons with Aina. "We stand together..." she muttered even as her hands move.

"Jin-Love! Break!" She prayed he'd understand that by yelling 'break' she was telling him to break his contact with Fanho, and if that didn't work she silently hoped what she'd called him would do the trick.

Upon completion of her seals a clone appeared, taking a run at Fanho by going around Jin, and a second appeared soon after on Hanako's other side, going around to Fanho's opposite side. The clones moved for simple kick attacks on Fanho, with Hanako silently praying that Fanho would hit them. Didn't matter how, she just needed a hit.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Raiton • Shock Double
D-ranked Raiton Jutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will create a copy of themselves out of Raiton chakra. The clone will be able to move with the stats labelled below, while also exploding with the force of a single exploding tag upon death (which also applies the raiton passive effect). The clone will only last for 3 posts.
Taijutsu: 2
Stamina: 1
Strength: 1
Speed: 2

Director
Hokage
Hokage

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Director » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Surprising his face contorted into a mild respect for the trio as they quickly came together. However it'd be short lived after all they were facing someone of Jounin rank and years of experience packed into a seventeen year old. Fanho was young but had enough field experience that almost rivaled some council members. He watched as Jin flew forward with a flying kick that all but gave the Awai kid a grin as he back peddled a bit more dodging it as he bobbed and weaved around the Senju's staff. They were simple attacks, but he had done the leg work needed for the rest of them to pull it together.

As they came together in a team with Niku coming to Hanako's aid with a clone molded from the very ground that bore her friends hand. Unconventional use of a jutsu that bettered their position. While certainly an unexpected move, he had to give it to them that they were resourceful. He was full well minded that Jin probably hadn't realized that he staved off his Jounin mentor from meddling with their rescue attempt. Instead the kid was probably going in for a cheap stab, and maybe willing a bell. With a jingle from his waist Fanho watched as Hanako now free'd made two raiton clones. Second mistake.

They rushed from one side of Jin to the other trying to flank the Awai. He grinned as he saw no other way to put these kids to the test other than offer them some real fire power to fight against. As he hopped back to avoid the clones a python from ninpou construct dropped from his cloak that darted towards the two clones sacrificing itself to take down the two clones. They would all discharge in a crowd of electricity disappearing. The cards were majorly stacked against them, but they had the potential to win. Fanho would fight rough but fair as he could. He didn't want to cheapen the real feel of winning against him, nor give them an easy route. It would be hard, sometimes even downright spiteful seeming, but it was all in the midst of making them better shinobi.

He gave a nod that they were moving in the right direction. Even hiding from him and discussing a plan was an option as it stood. It was up to them how they'd play this game, however if they took long Fanho would be on the offensive and not the other way around. He had to give them a real fight otherwise he wasn't doing them justice as a teacher. "Is that all you have? Or does the academy sound pleasing to you again? A few days out, and you're already wanting to go back." A devious grin formed across his face as he furrowed his eye brows into a devilish look contorted on his face. He wasn't used to playing the villain, but had to for this instance. After all his hands still rested in his pockets.
Jutsu UsedShow
Ninjutsu • Python
B-rank Ninjutsu
By channeling chakra Fanho will have a long python clone made out of light blue chakra seep from behind his cloak dropping to the ground as it slithers towards the opponent. This python is 3 meters in length and has the following stats. It lasts for 5 posts before dissipating.
Taijutsu: 7
Stamina: 8
Speed: 15
Strength: 15

TyDie

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by TyDie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Jin's flurry was successful in corralling Fanho towards the team, though he had not intended that by any means it had proven to be a valuable turn of events. He was preparing to continue the assault when Haruna spoke up, and that word stood out to him... Huh? Love? The thought crossed his mind for a moment, and in that moment the clones formed around him and Fanho. With a startled gasp the young Senju hopped back, the clones leaping in to do their work. And then, the Awai formed what he thought was a snake out of nowhere, intercepting the clones as the jounin hopped back himself.

With a grin Jin took the hop back as a reason to attack, and oddly such a small word from Hanako's mouth was enough to wipe away some of his earlier funk. Love... so she cared at least a little about him. As he charged Fanho he began twirling his staff in a single hand, then with a leap towards the jounin he spun the staff over his head and brought it down in a vertical swing that would threaten to hit the Jounin in his stupid face. That wasn't all though, after the first strike he could keep after the man, still maintaining a twirl and momentum as he aimed another sweeping strike for the man's feet.

Hoping that it'd put him at least a little off balance, he'd take a dive after the strike, holding his staff with the left hand while he reached desperately with his right to snag one of the bells off his waist.
Jutsu UsedShow
Bojutsu • Twirl
D-Rank Taijutsu Stance
A staple technique of any staff style, Jin is capable of maintaining incredible momentum with his staff by twisting and twirling it in his hands. By rotating his hands, arms and body in various ways, Jin can twirl spin his staff around his body in large circles. Doing this works as a functional defense capable of slapping away blows and mundane projectiles of a lesser strength than his own. This also acts as a powerful offense, delivering sweeping strikes backed by the momentum of the spins.

Bojutsu • Crushing Assault
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: Bojutsu • Twirl
Jin will twirl his staff with increasing speed as he approaches his opponent, leading into a strong sweeping strike aimed at the opponent's side. This strike will flow into another and then another as Jin proceeds into a flurry of crushing blows, following his opponent around the battlefield as he strikes at his opponent multiple times. He can produce a number of strikes equal to half his speed during this assault, which takes an entire post. Any opponent who blocks more than one strike of this flurry will suffer a -3 penalty to their Taijutsu for 3 posts, as the force of the strikes jars their body.
Active Characters

Servant

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Servant » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:16 am

Niku was surprised, and turned to Hanako, when she called Jin love. As her clones formed, she followed them with her eyes, curious as to how they'd fair against Fanho. The young samurai girl wasn't sure where to insert herself into this fight and, for that reason, was doing more observing than anything. She watched as Hanako's clones rushed the jounin, only to be destroyed by a sacrificial snake. Niku was almost more worried about getting in Jin or Hanako's way than trying to be helpful. Even her clone was just standing there next to her.

Gah, what am I doing?! She finally screamed at herself mentally. Without a second thought, her clone moved around to Jin's right. Niku focused on her body and its muscles for another second, physically entering a stance, before the young kunoichi moved around to Jin's left. This jutsu is the closest thing that I have to a trump card, she thought as her clone began advancing towards Fanho, coming in at a 45 degree angle to Jin. Niku, on the other hand, continued moving around the two shinobi, hoping to get behind Fanho. She hoped that dividing Fanho's attention could provide an opening for the threesome.
JutsuShow
[Iaido • Acceleration]
C-Rank Taijutsu Stance
By entering this stance, Niku will purposely control her speed such that she never moves within 6 of her maximum speed. The goal is to lull the enemy into believing that Niku is at top speed. This allows her to surprise the enemy with an enormous burst of speed when she finally uses her full potential. The biggest downfall to the stance is that all of her Iaido techniques are now limited by that speed, rather than her max. For every post that Niku is in this stance, Niku will be able to utilize her full speed and a bonus speed of +6 beginning with the post that the stance is broken.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Willoria

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Willoria » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Honestly if Hanako had thought about it, she might've felt a little gross for calling Jin what she did. It felt like a lie from her lips, but in the moment it was a necessary one to hopefully get him focused on the fight at hand. If there was an awkward conversation to be had, it would have to be later. And it wasn't even something she was thinking about right this moment. As her clones were destroyed the young Hyuuga snarled, her mind trying to work fast as she saw Jin and Niku run forward. She ran around behind the pair, along with Niku's clone, to try and work her way around and behind Fanho. She hoped the other two had him distracted enough that it just might work.

Once behind him she first reached into a small pouch and produced Jun, tossing the feline at Fanho and praying he'd attempt to bite the Jounin's ass the same way he did Jin's once. To follow up however she drew one of her own kunai and attempted a striking slash and a roundhouse kick. She knew individually they were no match for Fanho, but surrounded maybe they could manage something?
Jutsu UsedShow
(None used by Jun, just a basic bite)
*Ochiba • Round and Round
D-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
The user will start by performing an extremely quick and powerful slash aimed at the target, and then continuing with that movement, they will spin themselves around and follow up with a powerful roundhouse kick.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Director » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Fanho watched as the Senju approached with a downward axe swing. It may have worked... On a lesser opponent. Especially after Jin had just watched what Fanho did to Hanako, he thought the Senju would've learned something at least. The Awai stepped back as Jin's staff missed by a few inches before Fanho lifted his leg to stomp downwards on the staff embedding it in the ground like Hanako's hand. However this time Fanho didn't hold back he embedded it in the ground so Jin, nor Niku, nor Hanako could pull it out. As his eyes drifted upwards he could see Niku moving on his right flank while her clone took up on the left. The observant Jounin could tell that Hanako was on the left flank as well plotting an attack.

They were learning, but weren't ready yet for such an attack. The Awai was already a few steps ahead as he noticed Jun, Hanako's feline friend was flying through the air at him. While he was Fanho ducked below before lifting his foot hurling it into Jun's stomach. He lessened the blow to not hurt the feline, but just to use his leg to scoop him into the air hurtling him towards his rear where Niku had just began to setup. "You gotta be quicker than that!" All while his hands laid in his pockets. He was taunting the kids almost to make him take his hands out, and really ramp up the fight. As Jun flew through the air Fanho's attention turned towards Hanako and Niku's doton clone which closed the distance fairly fast.

Hanako's speed was at least half of Fanho's, and Niku's clone had some decent heft to its speed. Fanho back stepped as he analyzed Hanako's fighting style deducing it was Ochiba with the kunai handling and the slash. Then followed with a roundhouse he ducked under before quickly side stepping with such acrobatic skill just beckoning the two to keep pushing. "Sooo close! But no cigar!" If they had a hope of catching up to Fanho using Niku's speed with Hanako's gentle fist would be their best bet. The Jounin thought to himself as he devised a strategy against himself. "Wait you're actually all too young, don't smoke cigars." Ah he had forgotten about Jin. Honestly he was just a good pawn for them to keep playing off as a forward seeker.
Jutsu UsedShow
Kugapou • Slap Stick
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
While a blade is being swung at Fanho most likely in an axe movement, Fanho will step backwards dodging the strike, but also placing his hand on the top of the sword pushing downwards with force. If the strength difference is great this can cause the sword to be lodged into the ground or material at times making it difficult to retrieve.

TyDie

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by TyDie » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:08 am

Damn it, this bastard was far too fast and agile for Jin to handle in close quarters... and unfortunately that was pretty much all he could do. This was made doubly bad as his staff was anchored into the ground, essentially rendering him useless. The most he could do at this point was toss some Kunai at their mentor in the hopes of at least catching his attention. And so that's exactly what he would do; reaching into his ninja pouch he removed a total of 10 kunai, and holding them in one hand he'd take them one at a time into the other hand before chucking them at Fanho.

"Any chance someone can help me out with my staff!? Kinda useless without it!" It was a weakness to be sure, but what did Fanho expect of a couple of fresh genin? It wasn't like they were gonna be gods or anything, most genin had one really good skillset and a passing knowledge of everything else. Take that one skillset away, and you're left with a kid who has some basic ninjutsu knowledge and a little bit of equipment trickery. If Jin felt bad before, now he felt like total shit...
Active Characters

Servant

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Servant » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:31 am

Niku moved to a position such that her and her clone were on opposite sides of Fanho. This left Hanako a bit to Niku's left and Jin a bit to her clone's left. She was thoroughly surprised when Hanako threw Jun at Fanho. Should I call that a purrrrjectile? she mused, a small grin forming on her lips. The grin disappeared quickly as the poor feline was violently sent hurdling back in Niku's direction. Her moral code wouldn't allow her to simply evade the airborne; Niku stepped back and tried to catch the cat with her arms in such a way that her arms reduced the damage of the impact caused on both her and the kitty. Through all this, she remained in her stance as she carefully dropped the feline to its feet on the ground.

Looking back to Fanho and the action, she saw that Hanako and her own clone were being toyed with and Jin was simply throwing kunai in an attempt to distract their sensei. It was hard to judge how quickly Fanho was capable of moving which made Niku worry that, even with the boost of speed from her stance, Fanho would be able to toy with her just like he was doing with her clone. But there is no point in waiting, even if he can toy with my speed, perhaps my clone and Hanako can grab a bell while he's distracted.

For the first time in this test, Niku decided to attack. Breaking her stance, Niku felt her speed skyrocket as she took off towards Fanho. She wanted to get as close as possible, so she aimed to throw her shoulder into his body at full speed. The hope was that her newfound speed and the shoulder smash would give her time to grab one of the bells before Fanho had a chance to react... of course, she wasn't terribly confident in this maneuver, but part of that was because she'd placed Fanho on such a high pedestal.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Willoria

The Infamous Bell Test

Post by Willoria » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:28 pm

Hanako was more than grateful that Niku caught Jun, but thanking her was another thing to wait for later. She focused on trying to get at Fanho, angrily snarling as she failed to get close enough. He was fast, faster than she was and Hanako wasn't sure how to slow him. She saw Niku start to approach from the other side and pushed herself all the harder towards him, channeling chakra into her hands as she tried to fight her way closer to Fanho to try and use the Jyuuken against him.

She knew she'd been holding back. Hanako didn't want to hurt anyone, but her temper was pushing her now and she wasn't looking to stop now. 'If we can pinch him between us, we can get him!' She never replied to Jin's shouts, wishing silently the boy would try to pull Fanho's attention more, rather than trying to pull theirs.
Jutsu UsedShow
~Jyuuken :: Palm Dance of Divination
D-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 6 Control
The fundamental basis of Jyuuken, the user will focus chakra into their hands. For three posts the user is able to inject the chakra within the opponent’s body upon successful contact, dealing damage to the internal structures of the body rather than the external. This has a painful effect on the muscles and blood vessels within the body, causing bruising at the touch.

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”