Speed run! (Social)

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Legacy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:49 pm

Yūku could be found swinging his customary Red wooden bokken around in the center of the training grounds. He'd been trying to improve upon his Taijutsu techniques but so far - all he'd managed to accomplish was a few fancy looking blade swings that, probably wouldn't be good in an actual battle. Still! His motivation to improve was high despite a lack of real direction; with Li and Eiyasu away handling their own assignments, Yūku took matters into his own hands. Bringing the wooden sword up to about chest level before slightly yanking back with the wielding arm (left hand) the young Senju flew into a flurry of quick stabs followed shortly after by a low slash that against an actual opponent, and with a real sword, might have actually been a decent two step assault. Still, his lack of speed made the movements easy to read and his foot work was ...less than polished.

"No, no, no!" He shouted in defeat before halting completely, "I won't be able to help out the team with moves like this. If only I had a sparring partner, Sensei maybe..." It was a stretch but he couldn't help but think about the team he'd been assigned to. Training with them would have been a great idea but...he hadn't the slightest idea of where to find them. Touka, another Senju, was nowhere to be found in the compound and he couldn't for the life of him remember where the Awai compound was located. Huffing in defeat, the young up-start accepted that he'd likely be on his own this time. "Well...it can't be helped. I've got to focus!"

Raising the Wooden Bokken, Yūku placed both hands on the handle and allowed his legs to spread shoulder length apart; the right foot being in front and angled while the left remained behind for stability, mobility and power when necessary. At least, that was how he'd seen the other Senju do it. Truthfully Yūku hadn't the slightest idea behind the stance he'd taken now but for some reason - felt more confident in using it. It was time to get serious!

Taking a half step forward, the crimson eyed Senju raised the weapon just four inches up from where it had initially started only to swiftly draw it downward in a slicing motion only utilizing the tip of the wooden weapon. From there, he pivoted slightly on his forward foot dragging the weapon horizontally in a quick slashing motion. However, he'd accidentally stepped on a rock and the firm footing he believed he had was snatched right from under him.

Luckily! He'd kept his rear foot planted which saved him the embarrassing happening of tumbling over like a rolling log. Instead, he staggered but quickly caught himself. "Swords... really not my thing..."
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Servant » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:21 am

Niku and Akisu were out jogging: Niku's grandfather was displeased with her endurance, so he'd recommended she run every day and Akisu tagged along. They'd done some warmups and stretching, before taking off towards the training grounds. Niku was going at a comfortable jog, not wanting to tire out too quickly. Akisu was doing her best to keep up, but it was definitely a struggle for the young caracal. Every now and then, Niku would turn back and jog towards Akisu until they were even and then turn back to the original direction she'd been going; her jog speed was a good bit quicker than the cub's. She didn't mind though, it was all a part of training. Training is a necessary part of life for both samurai and shinobi, she thought, before adding and here I am, trying to be both! she giggled a little as she turned back towards Akisu.

The two made their way past more than a few training grounds. They'd seen higher level shinobi practicing amazing ninjutsu techniques as well as students trying to master the basics; they'd seen kids trying to run up trees and people writing out fuuinjutsu. In the distance, Niku heard someone shouting and it made her curious. She lead Akisu towards that training ground in time to see a handsome young, shinobi practicing with what appeared to be a red bokken. The two females came to a stop; the caracal glad to get a rest and Niku breathing a little deeply. Niku watched as the man performed a maneuver with the weapon. I've never used a sword like that... looks kind of cool, she thought to herself before realizing that the shinobi had lost his balance, nearly falling over. She couldn't help but giggle a little before approaching, hearing his statement about swords.

"We all have our strength, besides that's what training is for... getting better!" she claimed, somewhat abruptly. While Niku was fully aware that other styles of swordsmanship were out there, she'd never considered learning one until she'd seen this Senju practicing. Maybe this would spur on a new frontier in Niku's growth. "Hello, by the way," she said with a friendly smile. "My name's Inken Nikuya, but you can call me girlfriend."
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Izanagi

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Izanagi » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:37 pm

While often Yozei would train in his large backyard there was only so much progress one could make alone. It was important to compare himself to others and find new sparring partners, constantly evaluating his ability and learning what he could from others. Since returning from Fur Country he felt he had a much greater understanding of his true potential and he was determined to rise far beyond his classmates and truly live up to the name he had been given. His path had become one of a shinobi and so he would dedicate himself entirely to this profession, training until he was one of the most skilled combatants the leaf village had to offer.

For the most part the boy kept to himself so there were few who knew of his lineage and that suited him just fine for the time being. He had a small group of friends who knew and who supported him and he was grateful for that. It wasn’t fame that he sought, only self-actualization and acknowledgement. Adorning a sage green hoodie, a grey-green undershirt and tan pants he didn’t stand out too much, appreciating a more casual look. Of course the forehead protector across his head marked him as a shinobi, as did the kunai holster at his right thigh and the lacquered chestnut red sheath of his katana at his left hip.

The Genin was still a novice in the art of swordplay, he had left the palace before learning any advanced skills though he had learned to incorporate a blade into the ninjutsu that he had begun to learn upon moving to Konoha. Being his introduction into the way of the warrior, swordsmanship still highly fascinated him and so when he noticed two sword-wielding shinobi whom appeared to each be of a similar age and rank he couldn’t help but be drawn towards them. As he approached closer he became aware that the male appeared to be from the Awai clan, as indicated by the vibrant red eyes, a similar shade to those of his fathers most trusted bodyguard. The girl seemed younger than the Awai, likely a fresh genin though the fact that she carried a daisho, two swords of a matching style, was interesting. Though traditionally one would be shorter than the other it wasn’t unheard of to carry a set of identical swords. His eyes narrowed at this realization,‘I’d bet she’s received formal samurai training, I wonder if she was also born outside the village?’ he considered.

Certainly she wasn’t to be underestimated even if she did appear to behave rather childlike. “Sorry to barge in. I hope I’m not interrupting anything but I wouldn’t mind training with you two if you’d allow it. It’s rare to come across swordsman my age in Konoha, I’d love to see what you two can do!” he explained as his left hand rested on his sheath. He felt a little awkward approaching them after hearing mention of girlfriends and such but hopefully it was nothing serious. Noticing the small exotic looking cat Yozei smiled warmly upon seeing the creature. It reminded him a little of the cheetah cub Hanako had recently brought in.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Legacy

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Legacy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:04 pm

Yūku should have been surprised but he'd been more worried that he had not heard anyone approach before a youthful voice sounded off nearby. When he realized that it had been a young girl speaking to him however, Yūku relaxed. You've got a point," he replied in agreement, [color=DC143C]"I guess training alone was beginning to bring out my bad side.[/color] When the girl introduced herself Yūku couldn't help but smile, though for some reason the gesture hadn't reached the corners of his eyes. "Nice to meet you," Yūku bowed slightly before returning to his regular posture.[color=DC143C]"My name is Yūku.[/color]

Even when he'd introduced himself to the team Yūku often forewent mentioning his Senju lineage. Less out of embarrassment of the title and more due to old experiences bottled up. A part of him still hated the clan for what they had done but he'd never admit it. Besides, right now he felt normal...which was more than what he could say about how he felt at home. NIku, while younger and significantly shorter than he was, carried a presence that would light up a room if allowed to grow. She'd been practically radiating an aura of happiness and that positive energy was well received.

Then there was another new comer. Though still shorter than himself, Yūku noted that he'd also been taller than Nikuya. Also like her, he carried a sword and if his words were anything to go by – he probably had some experience with it as well. At least, Yūku wanted to believe he did. But anyone who demanded Shinobi kumite without proper introduction and even interrupting a nice conversation for the sake of it likely had no true discipline, not enough to handle a dangerous weapon such as a sword anyway.

As with NIku, Yūku slightly bowed to the new comer then proceeded to speak. He may have not liked the Senju for his own reasons but that hasn't changed the fact that he was in fact, Senju. Principles and discipline as well as tradition were well honored regardless of the setting. "My skills with a sword are far from polished but I certainly wouldn't mind a training partner." Looking over to NIkuya Yūku waited for her response. While he may have agreed she may not have and if so, he didn't want her to feel pressured Into a battle. It was strange but Yūku had been considerate of not only himself but the people around him as well. He believed that the aura radiating from the boy to be problematic but formed no judgement of his own; after all, feelings of aggression in this way were still good overall...right?

ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Servant » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:03 am

The young kunoichi nodded in response to the shinobi as he bowed and introduced himself as Yūku. Not but a moment later when Niku turned as another attractive male made an appearance, she tried not to stare as she looked him over. Dang, I'd look amazing on either of their arms, she thought to herself. But I'd look better on both of their arms. A small smile crossed her face as the thought played through her mind. She looked back to the first, Yūku, as he agreed to train with the second male. It was then that everything they'd said registered in her brain. They wanted to train.

Niku had trained swordsmanship with exactly two people in her lifetime: her grandfather and herself. Her grandfather had forbidden her from using it when she was in the Academy; for the safety of the other students, of course. Alone, she utilized a dummy for her strikes. With her grandfather, she had complete trust that he could evade or block her blows because he always had. While the prospect of training with peers was exciting, she wondered if it was safe to do so. "I don't know boys, I'd hate to see two of Konoha's finest fighting over little ol' me." The nearby caracal had curled up next to a tree's trunk to rest, but had already fallen asleep.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Izanagi

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Izanagi » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Yozei returned a well-practiced bow, acting on instinct, typically he attempted to avoid formality however when another set a precedent for him it was only polite to respond in kind. “My name is Yozei” he added, finally introducing himself. “I’ll admit I’m an amateur myself however swordplay has long been a fascination of mine” he explained, standing with a more fixed posture now. It took him a moment to adjust and relax, exhaling slightly as he looked over at the girl in anticipation of her response. His hand remained resting comfortably on his sheath though his other hand was tucked into a pocket, indicating a more relaxed state rather than one of aggression.

The young man made direct eye contact with Nikuya, smirking confidently at her implication. He hadn’t really seen her in such a light but looking her over again and there was some appeal there. “I’m sure you can handle yourself, perhaps a three-way spar?” he suggested casually. “Don’t worry, I promise I won’t beat him up too badly” he teased with a playful wink towards the girl. For all he knew the presumed Awai was a Chunin and he was about to find himself severely outmatched, even so he trusted in his comrades not to take anything too far and besides to be bested was a valuable lesson in humility as well as a stepping stone towards achieving greater strength. "You two said your names were Yuku and...Nikuya, correct?" he confirmed, saving them the trouble of reintroducing themselves, he had overheard enough of their conversation as he approached and remembered that much at least.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Legacy

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Legacy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:32 pm

At the mention of being brought into a love triangle Yūku couldn't help but smile though it had been more out of embarrassment than actual appreciation of the sentiment. In an effort to relieve himself of the awkwardness of the moment Yūku began fidgeting with the Bokken handle, twirling the weapon between his fingers quickly to a rhythm he'd formed in his head. Both Nikuya and Yozei were interesting characters to say the least and Yūku flirted with the idea becoming friends with either of them. However, he wasn't quite as well versed with snappy replies as the two seemed to be - a trait that despite his best efforts to do otherwise, didn't seem to change.

How odd was it that when he wished for training partners they seemed to just fall right out of the sky? Yūku grinned mentally while pondering over the prospect imagining the same luck falling on him if he'd wished for friends instead. "Yūku," said the young Senju in a polite tone. From afar it was easy to miss the elongation of the first vowel but Yūku couldn't help but chuckle. It'd been the first time someone had mispronounced his name despite how simple it was: At least he tried, thought the boy to himself.

Unlike the two in front of him, Yūku's weapon did not have a sheath. Or rather, it wasn't a real sword at all. His weapon of choice was just a training Bokken that had been colored red and engraved with the Senju insignia along the handle (covered over by his firm grip of it). So there had been no need to draw it from any set position though, against a real sword he wondered how effective it would actually be. Taking a few backward steps while maintaining a visual of the two, Yūku raised the weapon to about Diaphragm level and placed his non-dominant hand on the weapon's pommel. "Well then, I'm ready when the two of you are."

ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Servant » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:36 am

A Yūku and a Yozei, at least they don't look similar even if their names are somewhat, she mused to herself after discovering the second gentleman's name. She couldn't help but notice that one had radiant scarlet eyes while the other had a pair of vibrant eyes. The kind of eyes you could get lost in, her own eyes began losing focus, as she began daydreaming. Brought out of her reverie by Yozei's voice, Niku couldn't help but grin as Yozei indicated that she could handle her own, directly suggesting she join the spar. She was still worried about using her Iaido, especially considering both shinobi were admitting to being amateurs with their swords. "I suppose I can handle myself," she admitted, not putting her own doubts about their capabilities into words.

As Yūku stepped back and raised his bokken, Niku's head tilted to the side slightly, somewhat bemused. "Well this doesn't seem fair," she announced, a little chuckle escaping her lips. "On my! I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to insult your weapon or anything. In fact, it says a lot about a man who wants to take on the world with a wooden sword." While someone could easily take what she was saying to be mocking, Niku didn't notice as she was earnest in her words. "But, if you're okay with it... I guess I should be too. Right?" her tone indicated that she was obviously not sure as to what she was even asking.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Izanagi

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Izanagi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:08 am

Yozei flushed in embarrassment at the mispronounced name, “Oh, my apologies Yūku” he corrected. ‘I’m really slipping’ he noted. The boy had been actively trying to revert his formal upbringing since moving to Konoha but he never would have thought he could mess up on something as simple as the pronunciation of a name. Still he was eager to see how he fared against the pair of shinobi. His own techniques could be rather dangerous as well so he knew he would likely have to hold back somewhat or at least properly evaluate their skill levels before attacking them directly. What he lacked in swordsmanship he made up for with his talents in Ninjutsu. As the Senju, whom he still believed to be an Awai, rose his boken Yozei would jump backwards a few times, making space before he got himself into a ready position. He would make sure he was about 10 meters away from each of the others whereas they would be about 3 meters from one another unless they too re-positioned.

The auburn-haired boy couldn’t help but chuckle lightly at Nikuya’s comment, the girl amused him. He knew better than to underestimate an opponent however and felt confident that the boy had some sort of trick to that sword of his, either that or he had supplementary skills which could enhance its durability and overall effectiveness, much like his own skillset. “Okay then, let’s get started” he announced, noting that Niukya seemed to accept that Yūku would be fighting with the wooden sword. Without wasting time Yozei formed a short sequence of hand seals. An earth clone would rise up before him and begin to advance, drawing the replica sword. The clone was slower than Yozei of course though it was actually fairly durable and quite strong. At the very least he hoped to witness what sort of tactics and techniques his opponents used before engaging them directly. Drawing his own sword Yozei would hold it outward in line with the center of his body. Which one of them would attack him first he wondered, or would they fight each other first. Any action they took would tell him a little about the way they thought.
Jutsu UsedShow
[Earth Element • Earth Clone]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After forming the needed hand seals and flooding the ground around them with chakra, the user will cause a clone to materialize out of the ground. The clone is made of rock, and is quite strong and durable, but can only move within a quarter mile of the user. The clone is only able to use taijutsu attacks, and has the following stats: 2 Taijutsu, 4 Stamina, 5 Strength, and 1 Speed.

Legacy

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Legacy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:08 pm

From the moment Yozei sprung into action Yūku understood that the spar had officially begun. There were two targets to focus on; the closest being Niku who was a mere nine feet away North-west of his current position, and Yozei who'd put a helpful thirty foot gap between the two in order to prepare his own strategies. He'd been the furthest North and the least of Yūku's concerns for the time being. Instead, while the opportunity presented itself Yūku switched from wielding the wooden weapon to stabbing it firmly into the ground in order to weave through his own short sequence of hand seals while kneeling, taking advantage of the fact that Niku hadn't yet shifted into a battle ready mode to create an advantage of his own.

Kneeling, Yūku placed both hands flat over the Earth surface and flowed his Chakra into the element. "Earth style: Mud wall!" As the words of his technique left Yūku's mouth, the ground two feet in front of him began to rumble, shake and grow until where the'd once been a flat surface not stood a three meter wide, three meter tall and one meter thick wall of Earth obstructing the Senju clan member from both of his opponents. Please forgive me for this... he thought, closing his left fist while weaving a single seal with the other. Not even a full second had passed before Yūku had been able to perform his second technique and unlike the large wall he'd cast before, he hadn't announced the name of this particular jutsu. Pressing his left hand up against the solid base of the Earth wall, a small walnut like seed was pushed into the wall's structure.

Now, he was ready. Snatching the wooden bokken out of the dirt, Yūku made sure to snatch up some loose dirt that the weapon left in its wake before taking several steps back away from the wall formation. Now he played the waiting game, listening for the sound of approaching footsteps.
Used in orderShow
*Doton • Wall
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a solid stone wall up to 5 meters away from them at a speed of 6. The wall has a strength of 4 and is 3x3x1 meters large.

~Mokuton • Bakuhatsu Nut
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By closing their palm and performing the correct hand seals with the other, the user can create 1 seed closely resembling a walnut with a 2-inch diameter. These seed is filled with chakra and has enough energy to detonate with a force of a D-Rank Explosion. The user can detonate seed via kai, but if not detonated within 3 posts, it loses it's potency.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Servant » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:37 am

Niku watched as Yozei backed up and then started doing handseals. Well, I guess that's good: a straight sword battle would have been too heavily in my advantage, she mused, not realizing they were going all out here. For her, though, that meant using her swords. She turned her attention back to Yūku seeing him erupt a wall in between them. She turned back to Yozei to see a clone moving toward her. Feeling fun, she began doing her own handseals followed by stomping her right foot. As with Yozei, an Earthen clone erupted from the ground. Her clone rushed towards Yozei's clone as if to intercept the incoming attack. Niku turned her attention back to Yūku, or more accurately, the wall between them. Not seeing him making a move, she turned to watch her clone as it, went around Yozei's, heading straight for him. She was curious to see if Yozei's clone would continue towards her and try to stop her own.
JutsuShow
Doton • Young Clone
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After the necessary handseals, Niku will channel Doton chakra to the heel of her foot. With a stomp, the chakra will be released into the ground and an earthen clone will rise from the ground in front of her. The clone will endure and has a taijutsu of 2, a stamina 2, a strength of 2, and a speed of 6.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Izanagi

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Izanagi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:20 am

Yozei watched each of his sparring partners carefully. He was of course holding back, carefully testing the waters of what they were each capable of. Right off the bat he was surprised to see each of them also utilize Doton. He had figured Nikuya would be purely taijutsu focused and that Yūku would use Hiton techniques. ‘Interesting, I guess he’s not an Awai then’ he noted, though he still couldn’t for the life of him recall anything about shinobi with red eyes within Konoha other than members of the awai clan. ‘Maybe a unique doujutsu then...or the earth wall is a genjutsu’ he speculated, though his attention shifted as Niku’s earth clone advanced towards him rather than his clone. What’s more the creation was fast! Nearly as fast as himself. Surprising. Quickly he would draw his sword, instinctively chanelling some katon chakra into the blade as he swiftly cut down the approaching clone while his continued to advance towards her. He wanted to see her own sword style before engaging, even if that meant revealing his second chakra nature and a glimpse into his taijutsu ability.

As the earth clone crumpled next to him Yozei would reach his left hand into his holster, drawing a kunai tagged with an exploding note. He had to test the defence of the wall. Throwing the weapon he would wait to ensure that it made solid contact, testing the structures strength and noting if there was any resistance at all before forming a hand seal, sword still in hand and detonating the explosion. How his opponents reacted next would likely confirm several theories. Chanelling chakra throughout his body Yozei would encase himself in a well-designed samurai style armor made of stone. A remarkable display of chakra control for someone his age certainly and one that he would count on to protect him against Nikuya’s superior sword skills if she closed the distance. Yūku was still a wildcard that he wished to gather more information on before engaging directly, and certainly he couldn’t leave himself vulnerable from an surprise attack. Considering this Yozei would begin moving slowly to the side, keeping his distance and hoping to make a visual on Yūku through the smoke and debris of the explosion, if he was a genjutsu user it would be a risk to do so but his hunch was telling him that it was Doton and thus it would be more of a risk to remain still and lose sight of him where he might be able to attack from below.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Katon • Heated Blade
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling katon chakra into a metal weapon or blade, the user will cause it to grow hotter and cover the blade in flames. The imbued weapon will be able to carve through defenses of 5 or less strength with ease.

Crescent Slash
D-Rank Kenjutsu
Prerequisite: [Upper Body] [Sword]
A swift and precise strike, the user will lunge forward, leading with their right foot. In a rotating arm motion they will deliver a diagonal upwards slash while rocking their body through the motion and then rotating their shoulders as they deliver a secondary slash in an downwards motion attacking from the other side before settling back into their ready stance.

Kunai with exploding tag (detonating kai)

[Earth Element • Samurai Armor]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Channelling chakra throughout one’s body the user will encase themselves in a semi-malleable rock armor. The rock takes on the appearance of an ornate samurai battle armor, complete with a removable helmet as well as shoulder guards. The many tiles overlap and cover his arms, chest and legs utilizing dark brown coloring and a thinner layer of rock between the tiles and along joints. Though the back of his hands are protected the palms and fingers remain bare. This armor forms at a speed of 5 and possesses 15 strength.

Legacy

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Legacy » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:54 pm

He'd expected to hear rapid steps headed in his direction, weapons being unsheathed and perhaps even the call of challenge singling him out as a target but to his surprise there'd been nothing of the sort. No one had attempted to flank his Earth wall or even put a dent in the damned thing which made Yūku question if whether or not he'd been doing something wrong or if his opponents were preoccupied with one another. Regardless, he had resolved to a single tactic which hinged on just this sort of situation albeit never expecting it to really come to pass. No sooner had he taken his last step backward away from the structure did his left hand raise in the half ram hand seal; breathing deeply he braced for what was about to happen.

At the same time, Niku had turned her attention away from the Earth structure and instead chose to focus on Yozei's approaching clone. It'd been the second time in only a short interval that she'd left her self open to an attack and unfortunately, this time she would pay for it. Yūku, ignorant to the true powers of his Ninjutsu (having never actually fought with anyone below Chunin rank before) used Kai to detonate the Bakuhatsu nut that had grown in size since its conception only a short moment ago ((+2 Strength per the Mokuton passive)). The sound of the explosion was deafening, forcing Yūku to cover his ears in retreat to both protect himself from the noise and the large chunks of flying Earth and debris. In fact, the noise had been so loud that he couldn't help but feel concerned for the other two. He had trained under two established Senju clan members and was used to battle scenarios for the most part but ; to someone without that experience (at least 5 Combat Instinct) the introduction of an extremely loud noise coupled with a maelstrom of flying debris - rock, dirt and seed splinters, things may have been rough.

Naturally, Yūku was concerned for Nikuya since she'd been the closest person to him around the time that the explosion went off. Not knowing that she hadn't even been looking in his direction to at least see what was coming toward her. It wasn't like the wall was some thin piece of paper either - the chunks were large enough and carried enough weight to knock a person out cold if struck in the back of the head and definitely would leave bruises elsewhere. A 3m³ dust cloud wafted from the explosion site obscuring vision though Yūku still perceive the whereabouts of his two opponents. Dark brown fog giving way to light tints of red - a byproduct of the curse he bore within his eyes. The emotional state between the two taking their perspective shades.

Is she alright?Yūku thought before blitzing through the cloud of dust only to be met with an oncoming Kunai knife. He didn't need to think much about what needed to be done but hated that he would be forced to expend more Chakra than he believed necessary. Fortunately, the kunai hadn't been moving very fast and the sequence of seals he needed to perform were short: three to be exact. Jamming the Bokken into the ground he weaved the hand seals for another Earth style technique, one that unlike the wall - would serve a more diverse purpose. Crouching down to the ground, Yūku molded his Chakra with it until the Earth began to shift, a small section in front of him shifting to replicate the likeness of ten Shuriken. Grabbing four (two in each hand) Yūku sent the projectiles flying; two aimed for the oncoming Kunai knife in an attempt to intercept it before it got within range to be detonated, and two toward Yozei himself as he continued to advance. He'd hoped to slow the boy down long enough to confirm Niku's well being and then decide whether or not if they should continue.

"Are you alright, Niku-chan?" Yūku asked with a sense of urgency. He wasn't aware of either of their abilities and didn't know how they handled mental and physical trauma. It was one thing to talk about a battle but it'd been something completely different to actually engage in one. Something ebbed in the back of his mind, a voice calling - jeering even. I told knew you weren't ready to become a Shinobi, it said. Yūku realized that he had heard the voice before; it was Li. Li had always said that he didn't believe Yūku should have entered the Shinobi life because of what it meant for his already troubled state of living; the dangers were far too great and now, after just one technique, the young Senju was beginning to understand. If the girl had not been alright then it was all his fault. His palms began to sweat and his breathing increased.

What have I done?.. He thought.
Used in orderShow
Detonated Bakuhatsu nut
Attacked with Earth wall chunks
Created 10 Kunai via *Doton • Earthen Ninja Tools
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a set of up to 10 basic projectiles, such as kunai, shuriken, or senbon, in their hand. These tools have a strength of 5.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Servant » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:57 am

Niku wasn't surprised when Yozei easily dispatched her clone. It was good for two things: speed and distraction. His clone, she noted, wasn't nearly as fast and Niku was still in a fun and playful mood, so rather than showing off her Iaido draw, she simply backed up. Her own speed far surpassed that of the clone, so back stepping a few times was an easy enough task to keep it out of range to attack her. That was until she heard a great boom to her side, she turned, but it was too late. Luckily, her clone evasion maneuvers had put a little more distance between her and the explosion; she made a couple steps away from the explosion before it shoved her to the ground. She landed, rather ungracefully, and rolled another couple feet. Her arms, instinctively moved to her head, protecting it from all of the earthen chunks that were coming her direction. One hit her in the midsection, surely leaving a bruise. Others hit her arms, hips, and legs, also leaving bruising.

Once the chunks ceased, Niku flattened herself out on her back. That was when someone asked if she was alright. She couldn't help but let out a hearty laugh. "I'll survive, I think, but, man, that'll teach me not to underestimate ninjutsu." She couldn't deny that she'd been totally defeated here without really getting a chance to show her skills. It just reconfirmed in her mind that she wasn't special and required a lot more growth if she planned to stay alive in this world of shinobi.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Izanagi

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Izanagi » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 am

Yozei carefully watched the sequence of events that was unfolding before him. He had intended to destroy the earth wall and confirm it wasn’t an illusion but no sooner than he threw his kunai had the wall exploded outwards. From his position there was no need to shield himself but his arm did raise close to his face just in case.‘Yūku’s doing?’ he assessed, noting how Nikuya had been thrown backwards and how his one clone had been struck by debris and destroyed. Not bad, but then he saw how the young Senju rushed through the dust cloud as he called out to the girl. His approaching kunai was dangerously close, even as the boy crouched down under the trajectory Yozei knew that whatever jutsu he was preparing wouldn’t make it in time. If he waited until the kunai was directly overhead before detonating it could be fatal and any longer than that the attack would go wasted. So instead Yozei would detonate the seal slightly early, about 2 meters in front of the boy, just as his earthen shuriken were being formed. The explosion would surely be enough to knock him backwards and give him some scrapes and maybe a bad headache but hopefully like Nikuya he would be alright for the most part.

The auburn haired Genin would create his armor just in case his opponent had prepared a substitution or had actually been a clone. He wouldn’t let his guard down until he could verify that he was out of the fight. His dad had taught him better than that and even his Sensei was a Bannin, though still inexperienced in a real battle his sparring sessions seemed to be intense enough to at least prepare him for skirmishes of this level. “You guys alright?” he would verify carefully. Nikuya already said that she was. “Gotta be really careful with those explosions eh?” he muttered scratching the back of his head and speaking somewhat to himself. Utilizing explosions and bursts of flame were his signature style, all the more reason to always test his sparring partners first to determine what they could handle. The last thing he wanted to do was seriously hurt a fellow leaf shinobi. Unless Yūku were to attempt to continue the spar Yozei would sheath his sword and allow his armor to crumble off of him before walking over to check on the pair of potential friends.

Legacy

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Legacy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:46 pm

The second explosion had caused Yūku to go from a crouched position to full on hitting the deck, unable to complete his own technique in time. Though he still managed to check on Niku and was happy to hear that he hadn't done any serious harm. On the other hand, if this had been an actual battle the chance of survival may as well have been next to nothing - his shock and awe tactic was good for facing off against actual enemy but...it wasn't something he wanted to use against comrades. I'll have to check that one off the list of available techniques...I guess my repertoire here is pretty slim. He'd completely disregarded the fact that in one move one opponent had been subdued and focused more on what he could effectively use to improve and fight effectively during the moment. Yozei used clones, as did Niku and while he could have exercised the same measure of Chakra freedom he got the feeling that just creating copies wouldn't exactly help if his physical skills and combat readiness weren't up to par.

"I'll say! That could have been a disaster!" Yūku chimed in with a light hearted smile betraying the seriousness of the moment. By now he'd risen to his feet and dusted himself off and walked over to where the swordswoman er - girl, had been laying. Without putting much thought into it he extended a hand to help her up. "Here let me help and..forgive me." Once Niku had stood (if she'd taken his hand) Yūku would turn his attention back to Yozei; "That was a fine Kunai throw. But....the paper bomb might have been a bit much." Comedically Yūku rubbed the back of his head and exhaled with relief. Relief that he hadn't been blown apart by either his own jutsu or Yozei's practiced efficiency. Clearly, he realized, there was a lot more to learn.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Servant » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:42 am

Niku took the offered hand and got up, brushing some of the dirt and small chunks of debris from her clothing. She felt bad for causing the spar to end so quickly. She'd just underestimated her fellow genin, or maybe, underestimated how seriously they intended to take this spar. To be honest, outside of the Academy, Niku hadn't done a lot of sparring with shinobi, so maybe this is normal. She'd mostly done sparring with her grandfather, but he was a samurai so exploding stuff was not in his repertoire. Plus, he was never trying to win, rather trying to teach me.

"Don't worry about it," Niku finally responded to Yūku. "It was my fault for being careless." She finally looked around at the scene, all of the dust had settled and there were chunks of earth all around. It's really quite impressive what they can do with ninjutsu. On the other hand, it's really kind of terrifying. Doubt crept into her mind; she wondered if she was really worthy of being ranked the same as these two. But more importantly, she doubted whether she would ever truly be able to compete with a ninjutsu focused shinobi. With explosions like this, there's no way I'm ever going be able to get close enough to use any of the taijutsu I've learned.

"Quite the mess..." she said aloud, not really to anyone. "Sorry about that boys,
guess I wasn't quite up to snuff."
This only reminded her of how terrible her team had done against their sensei during the Bell Test. Like then, she had failed to be useful despite her strengths. But, as Niku had realized afterward, that was why she'd been placed under Fanho: to learn to better combat shinobi. He was going to train her how to battle shinobi, what to look out for, and how to use her strengths to her advantage. Right now, she was a sharp weapon but with no one to wield her. With Fanho's training, she could become a true warrior. This reflection caused the doubt to give way to curiosity, I wonder what I could have done if I'd gone all out.

Of course, all the explosions caused the sleeping caracal to awaken. Akisu jumped to her feet, unprepared for the ruckus that had just occurred. Luckily, she was far enough off the the training ground that she wasn't in harm's way, but she wasn't too pleased with being awoken. As things seemed to settle down, she curled back up into a ball, letting her eyes slow close again.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Izanagi

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Izanagi » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:58 am

Yozei carefully observed Yūku as he was thrown backwards by explosion, he seemed to be a pretty tough kid so he doubted he would be seriously hurt. Surely enough he got back on his feet within a few moments, his concern for Nikuya taking precedence over continuing the spar it seemed. With both of his sparring partners calling it quits after taking a single explosion Yozei was a little disappointed that he didn’t get any real challenge and had hardly seen the abilities of either one of them. Still, he was glad at least that nobody was injured beyond the standard scratches and bruising of training. Quickly moving to Nikuya’s side he would meet the Senju there, trailing by a few seconds. “He sure caught you by surprise with that exploding wall huh? It was a pretty good tactic, I certainly wasn’t expecting it either” he commented, hoping that she didn’t take the loss too hard. If he hadn’t had the forethought to create distance and test his opponent first the debris would have caught him too, though he was sure that he could have kept fighting regardless.

The auburn-haired boy chuckled lightly at Yūku’s comment, “Well I was just planning on blowing up that wall of yours but you beat me to it!” he pointed out lightly, it was a good thing the two explosives didn’t go off at the same time, the combined force could have actually been enough to put one of his training partners in the hospital. He would look to Niku next, a compassionate look in his cerulean blue eyes, “That’s what training is for isn’t it? As long as you learned something then there’s nothing to be sorry about” he offered with a shrug, “We’re all Genin right? Everyone is trying to get stronger and there’s lots to learn all around.” He added humbly. He knew he was more advanced in skill than many his age but he didn’t let it get to his head, everybody had different paces and who was to say that one day either one of them would surpass him and he would stagnate. In the end what mattered most was retaining kindness and compassion and continuing to try to help one another grow in whatever way they could. “Are both of you assigned to teams? Maybe we can get together again sometime and bring along a teammate for some team spars” he suggested, lighting up at the prospect. Yozei loved practicing tactics, honing his skills and exploring the various dynamics of teamwork.

Legacy

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Legacy » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:32 pm

At the very least, no one had been hurt. Though Yūku would have been hard pressed to call what they'd done an actual training session. Altogether, the encounter lasted just little over a few seconds and he felt - knew that he could continue on. He'd sustained bruises from negligence but the injuries wouldn't slow him down; they couldn't. "Can the two of you continue?" Yūku spurted suddenly, unsure of what had left his mouth until he heard the sound of his own voice. I'm not sure why but...I want to train harder than this!
I know that I can do better!
If there was one thing that Yūku knew very well it was that his older brother hadn't expected him to last long as a Shinobi. Compared to the elder Senju clan member, Yūku was much too kind, gentle even. It was a weakness that Yūku wanted to overcome.

"Before the two of you showed up I was trying to practice my Taijutsu and blade work. I realize now that I was wrong to resort to Ninjutsu so quickly and...if it's alright with the two of you I'd like to start over with a condition. For myself." Gripping the Wooden bokken firmly in his right hand now, Yūku's Crimson hues burned with determination. He now knew what it was like to feel physical pain and the initial fear of injury washed away in a sea of resolve. In order to catch up to Li he realized, I'll have to push my body to its limits and beyond. A goal he reasoned, was easier said than done.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Servant » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:51 am

Niku smiled at the two boys as one suggested a team spar, at a later date, while the other suggested starting again, but adding his own limitations on himself. She decided to answer Yozei's question first. "Yes, I'm assigned to Team 7 and I'm sure Jin would love to do some sort of team training. What about your team?" She wondered if she knew anyone on Yozei's team, but then realized that he may know Jin or Hanako as well. On the other hand, there are a lot of genin; we don't all know each other.

She shook out her right arm, testing to see how it felt. She could definitely feel some added tension there, likely from the beginnings of a bruise and swelling. Similarly, her left leg felt tight as if it was beginning to feel some swelling as well. It wasn't like she couldn't have gone in, but she just wasn't sure it was a good idea. "I don't know Yūku; I'm not sure my ego can take another beating. Maybe you two could keep going and I'll watch, maybe pick up pointers." She felt bad for bailing so quickly, but getting injured during training also showed a lack of responsibility.

She looked to Yozei, wondering if he'd want to continue sparring with Yūku, she really didn't mind if they continued. In fact, it could be fun watching them fight.
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Izanagi

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Izanagi » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Yozei didn’t immediately answer Yūku, instead listening to Nikuya’s response, he was curious about her teammates, something about her seemed vaguely familiar. When she answered the realization dawned on him as the pieces clicked into place. ‘That’s it! he inwardly exclaimed, grinning in excitement. “I thought I recognized your name! You’re on my sisters team, Hanako.” He figured this would probably surprise her a little, his family after all was the only case in the village where Hyuuga and non Hyugga shared some family relation. “I know, it’s a little confusing, she’s my adopted sister technically. I’ve only known her for about four years but it’s longer than I’ve known my half siblings so I’d say that counts for something!” he explained, it really was a complicated family dynamic all around but as crazy as it was he was very grateful to be swept up in the middle of all of it.

When Nikuya suggested the boys spar with each other Yozei nodded, “Yeah, I feel fine. I could go for another round!” he agreed. Chakra surged throughout his body, appearing almost effortless as the stone samurai armor encased him once again. It was actually rather tiring to perform the jutsu again after so recently dispelling it but if he conserved his chakra and kept more of a taijutsu focus he figured he had plenty to spare. The rise and fall of his chest was slightly heightened as he paced himself out, moving about 5 meters away from Niukya and expecting Yūku to follow suit, leaving a similar amount of space between the two combatants. Drawing his sword Yozei would enter a steady stance, displaying a good understanding of the basics of bodily positioning, his sword held out with the hilt at his hips and the tip of the blade angled out to about chest height. He truly appeared to be more a samurai than a shinobi, paying homage to the samurai whom had first instructed him in combat when he had been but a small boy. He wished to learn the skills he had missed out on in his change of fate, there was something about the honor in the way of the samurai that truly appealed to him.
Jutsu UsedShow
[Earth Element • Samurai Armor]
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Channelling chakra throughout one’s body the user will encase themselves in a semi-malleable rock armor. The rock takes on the appearance of an ornate samurai battle armor, complete with a removable helmet as well as shoulder guards. The many tiles overlap and cover his arms, chest and legs utilizing dark brown coloring and a thinner layer of rock between the tiles and along joints. Though the back of his hands are protected the palms and fingers remain bare. This armor forms at a speed of 5 and possesses 15 strength.

Legacy

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Legacy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:10 pm

That's it, Yūku thought. At least one of them decided to take the bait; he wanted to learn as much about the ninja outside of the compound as possible and if that meant getting his hands dirty then so be it. Apparently, the two shared a common link though Yūku hardly was of the mind to give it much consideration. As far as he were concerned, both were strangers and would remain so even after he'd trained enough to identify his own weaknesses. Stepping off to follow Yozei, the Senju brought his left hand forward while the right drifted off behind him - leaving the entirety of his center mass open to potential strikes deliberately. It was in the moment that he ceased moving and stood firm in front of his opponent that Yūku died out and Kyogi was given rise.

"Ready when you are," uttered Kyogi with a closed left fist. His chakra focused into the closed hand in prep of a potential ace in the hole.

Used: Bakuhatsu nut (Prep)
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Servant

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Servant » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:36 am

Hanako's brother?! Niku exclaimed, confused on more than one point. She hasn't really told me much about herself, but Hanako never mentioned a brother, especially not one that was roughly the same age and the same rank. Not only that, but Hanako is a Hyuuga and Yozei doesn't look like a Hyuuga which made me think that he wasn't a Hyuuga. I thought they had rules against that kind of thing... Her brain paused long enough for Yozei's further explanation to seep in. Adopted, that makes more sense, she concluded. She instantly felt sad about the fact that despite being teammates with Hanako, she really barely knew the girl. She wondered if the two of them would ever get closer.

She watched as both shinobi stepped away, though she followed suit as well. After stepping back a few more feet, Niku was satisfied that the distance between them was safe and she began watching intently. She took note of Yozei's stance and the positioning of his sword to his body. It certainly looked like something he'd practiced before and from what Niku could tell, there weren't too many openings. Assuming there are no explosions, she jested inwardly. She then turned her attention to Yūku, whose stance was much less refined. It definitely had some holes to it, but for some reason, Niku felt like they were deliberate as if he were inviting Yozei to attack there. Niku couldn't quite put her finger on it, but it definitely seemed like a more nefarious stance than Yozei's.

"Alright, gentleman, let's make this a fair fight and let the best man win. I offer myself up as a prize to the winner so give it your all; begin!"
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Izanagi

Speed run! (Social)

Post by Izanagi » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Yozei noted the open stance of his opponent, it was suspicious certainly. Clearly, he was being baited by an unorthodox style but there was only one way to determine exactly what that was. He had confidence in the strength of his doton armor to protect him, allowing him to test his opponent to determine his style and what the strengths and weaknesses of his technique were. The auburn-haired boy was smiling with a confidence in his cerulean blue eyes but also some reservation. At Nikuya’s statement, Yozei smirked playfully. “That settles it, guess I won’t be losing” he declared. His appreciation was girls had begun to grow steadily in recent months, even if it was just a joking statement it was enough encouragement for him.

As Nikuya signaled the fight to begin Yozei surged forward, slashing his blade upward on a diagonal in a controlled motion that would only cause a shallow cut if his opponent didn’t block or move. Flowing through the motion his arms would twist and the blade would curve around in a crescent motion, aiming to come back and slash his opponent a second time across the legs as he advanced towards his opponent, keeping up pressure on the genin and making a backward retreat somewhat difficult. It would be a good test of his opponent's reaction speed, movements and overall ability in taijutsu. Though he wasn’t too well versed in swordsmanship this was one motion that he had practiced hundreds of times and it would show in his smooth and precise motion, leaving little room for a standard evasion or counter-attack.
Jutsu UsedShow
Crescent Slash
D-Rank Kenjutsu
Prerequisite: [Upper Body] [Sword]
A swift and precise strike, the user will lunge forward, leading with their right foot. In a rotating arm motion they will deliver a diagonal upwards slash while rocking their body through the motion and then rotating their shoulders as they deliver a secondary slash in an downwards motion attacking from the other side before settling back into their ready stance.

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”