[Graded][Plot Board] Planning a Field Trip

Texas

[Graded][Plot Board] Planning a Field Trip

Post by Texas » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:47 am

The morning struck and Tenzin got up earlier then he does for a normal school day. For the next couple weeks he was going to have a teacher sub in for him (what a sucker). He did his normal routine of brushing his teeth, showering, and shaving the little facial hair he could grow. Quickly Tenzin got dressed and packed up for his long journey. He knew that if he got permission from today’s meeting, he would be gone for some time.

As Tenzin walked outside he could feel the morning brisk before the sun fully set above his head. He took his time getting to the Hokage’s office since he was going to be early anyways. By the time he had gotten there, he was already 20 minutes early. Tenzin walked up to the guards and gave his credentials and his statement of meeting. Within a couple minutes of formalities, one of the guards brought Tenzin to the Hokage’s office. As he walked through the halls he saw some of the employees that worked there running around and being too busy to even look at him.

Tenzin was finally brought to the sturdy doors that lead to the Hokage. The guard knocked on it a couple times to announce that Tenzin was here. Tenzin was excited to speak with the Hokage, but even more excited to begin his adventure outside of Konoha. Since he had become a teacher, he has not been outside of the village all to often. In fact, he hasn’t even done a mission. His main purpose is to shape the youths of Konoha, but he believes the lesson he is going to provide for younger shinobi is going to trump anything they had learned in the classroom.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Hatake, TenzinKonohagakure no SatoBanin - [color=#BF0000]Text Color[/color]
Ishiguro, AkihikoKumogakure no SatoChuunin - [color=#FF4080]Text Color[/color]
Kisama, GinjiroHeart EmpireNatsubushi - [color=#80BF80]Text Color[/color]
Test Thread

Izanagi

[Plot Board] Planning a Field Trip

Post by Izanagi » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:50 pm

Life was hectic as usual for the Hokage, balancing nearly a dozen meetings, keeping on top of paperwork, attending various functions including watching chunin exams and visiting academy classrooms and trying to keep on top of several important issues within the village. There was rarely any true downtime for the man and it was no wonder that even his close friends and family had grown to feel that whatever time spent with them was calculated and carefully scheduled in. Nowadays even his office hours were impeded on, often resulting in having to leave a shadow clone in his place whenever he had to step out. This happened to be one such instance and it was a good thing that shadow clone had been left behind as the paperwork was interrupted by a voice on the intercom informing Takeo of a upcoming meeting that he had of course forgotten about. Before long the scheduled time approached and much to Takeo’s pleasure Tenzin was right on time. It always made his day slightly easier when things actually went according to plan. Too often meetings were rescheduled or ran late, interfering with the rest of his carefully planned out day.

For once Takeo hadn’t been paying attention enough to distinguish the sound of Tenzin’s footsteps though the knocking certainly alerted him and the man’s scent confirmed his identity, though he trusted his security enough to not worry too much about such things, some habits were simply hard to break for the former ANBU commander. “Come in Tenzin” he stated, his usual deep tone of authority resonating across the room. As the man entered Takeo would look him over briefly, gaining a sense of his state of mind by observing his body language. “It’s good to see you again, come sit.” He said, gesturing towards one of two seats that were tucked into the opposite side of the large desk. Honestly he didn’t know exactly what this meeting was about though he would find out soon enough. “So, what is it that’s on your mind then?” he questioned casually, taking on a more relaxed yet curious tone as he prompted the young Special Jounin to speak freely.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Texas

Post by Texas » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:07 am

When Tenzin walked in he bowed his head in respect. The Hokage was sitting in front of him and when he gestured to sit, Tenzin did so. The Hokage’s office seemed a little small and he noticed that with everyone running around, the Hokage must be very busy. So he did not want to waste any time.

“Hello Lord Hokage, to you as well.”

Ten in got the formalities out of the way quickly and after the Hokage asked him what was going on, he wanted to get right to the point.

“Well Lord Hokage, I feel as though some of the younger ninja should experience the outside world a little bit. Some of my students asked what kind of missions do genin go on and when I informed them, they seemed a little bit disappointed. Although it is crucial to build team work and learn about the significance of every mission, I can understand where their naive disappointment comes from. If anything it is great that these students want to do more, their will of fire is strong.”

Tenzin realized, he was not getting to the point... so he quickly caught on and tried to get right to the point again.

“However, with these talks it got me wondering if the current genin and even some of the younger chuunin have these thoughts. I would like to get permission from you to organize a field trip for younger ninja to travel to Sunagakure no Sato.”

There, Tenzin put it all on the table for the Hokage. Hopefully he would see his eagerness to increase the interaction with our current allies. Tenzin leaned back a little bit. He was able to relax some after lifting the question he had off of his back and into the hands of Takeo.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:35 am

Takeo could certainly appreciate the directness of Tenzin’s approach. While he was keen on taking the time to talk with those in need of council when it came to matters of business his time was quite valuable and the less drawn out an explanation was the better. He was honestly surprised to hear such a bold proposition from a young teacher, often Tenzin seemed almost timid and yet evidently he possessed a very forward thinking mind.

The man smiled as nostalgia flooded through him, recalling the days when he had been a genin. He had been one of the fortunate ones in a sense, there were very few mundane missions for him, he had even been auspicious enough to experience two different Sensei’s and each possessed a focus towards survival, tactics and gritty combat training. “I agree completely, when I was a Genin I was thrown into the forest of death and told to survive for a week, another time my Sensei had us hike for three days and nights without more than an hour of sleep a night. Our kind of team building relied on breaking us down until we had no choice but to rely on our comrades to survive, performing D-rank missions for civilians is of course necessary, they pay us after all so somebody has to do them but as a Sensei there needs to be more than that when bringing up the next generation, these Genin have to realize how dangerous a shinobi’s life is less they be caught off guard when the day comes where they face real danger.” There was a passion in his words, Takeo had also taught two separate Genin teams himself and felt very strongly about the role of Sensei and the way Genin should be brought up.

The man shook his head, remembering some of Taiga’s words, “There are even some who think Genin and Chunin in our village have it too hard, that they don’t have time to be treated like kids but they have no idea how easy they have it compared to other villages or even minor nations where kids are unable to defend themselves at all and constantly in fear of being attacked by bandits or slavers or being forced to work in a criminal organization. Every shinobi has the choice to live a simply life as a civilian in Konoha but for those who chose this career let it be known that the path is not easy and we do this for the sake of not only our village but protecting those that are far less fortunate whenever we can. That is the lesson that Genin truly need to learn” he explained, going on quite the tangent though he figured considering Tenzin had dedicated his life to teaching that he was exactly the kind of person that needed to hear the Hokage’s stance on such things so that he could keep the younger generation strong and focused on what it truly meant to be shinobi.

Having interrupted Tenzing to go on his tangent Takeo realized he might have gotten a bit carried away with his rant, “Sorry, continue” he allowed, gesturing to the man with his hand. At the mention of a field trip to Sunagakure Takeo’s eyes lit up, while the sand village was far from the most harsh of the shinobi villages they certainly had a very strict way of life, perhaps giving Konoha shinobi insight into the differences in their discipline and mentality might be a good way of keeping them on track with their training and reminding them not to take their way of life for granted. “An excellent suggestion! The Genin will have to be sufficiently guarded and monitored of course, perhaps a ratio of one chaperone for every five genin, something to that extent. I’ll put a request in to the Kazekage…or perhaps you’d even like to travel to Sunagakure and propose the idea yourself?” he realized as an afterthought, Tenzin had come up with the idea after all he should be rewarded with the opportunity to travel and given some extra responsibility to ensure that he would be suitable to organize such an expedition. “I can draw up some paperwork stating my approval and outlining some framework for what kind of protocol to implement and you can deliver the message in person.” He decided, assuming that Tenzin would be comfortable with such a task.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Tenzin loved hearing the stories and insight of the Hokage. Tenzin was sitting in a somewhat upright position as the Hokage told his stories. It was interesting to hear his life as a Genin. Tenzin himself never had to do those things, but then again maybe he should sometime to truly get the understanding of what it means to be a Shinobi. He quickly broke out of his thoughts, which left a brief moment of silence. “If you don’t mind Lord Hokage, I agree with you. I would like to go ask personally.” Tenzin had his reasons and thought he should share them with the Hokage. “I do have a few reasons: One, I think it will be good for me to map out the safest route. And Two, I think that it would mean more if I asked in person.”

Tenzin listened to the Hokage as he spoke about 1 chaperone per 5 Genin and couldn’t agree more. “Yes, I believe making it 1 to 5 would give the Genin feeling of freedom with assurance that they are being safe. I think when I get there it would be nice to discuss sleeping arrangements and appropriate curfews.” Tenzin tried to hide his excitement. He doesn’t get out much and this would be a great way for him to see outside of the walls... not to mention away from the academy students which can easily be more than a handful at times. “Also Lord 17th, I think if this goes well we can reciprocate the offer and make this bi-annually or something to that degree”. Tenzin thought he was getting ahead of himself, but why not just let it all out while he has the Hokage’s attention. It’s not too often you get the chance to have one on one time with the Hokage. Tenzin nodded at the Hokage as he talked about paperwork. “Yes, Thank you Lord Hokage”.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:30 pm

Takeo nodded in agreement. It was reassuring to see how eager Tenzin was. He listened to his reasoning, content that they were all well thought out points. “I agree completely, matters of such nature are better addressed in person” there was the aspect of respect but also security, a messenger bird was more easily intercepted than a trained shinobi after all. As the young Special Jounin mentioned curfews and the such the Hokage waved dismissively, “I trust matters such as those to you, use your own discretion” he allowed, there were many finer details that as a teacher Tenzin was quite qualified to carry out and enforce.

The leader of the leaf village was about to dismiss the man when he brought up one last suggestion. “One step at time. Let’s see how receptive to the idea of visitors they are first. Sunagakure has kept their gates shut to outsiders for many generations, we are already making a huge leap in working together with them as closely as we do now…still, I respect your enthusiasm and I would certainly encourage such a tradition. If you’re able to speak directly to Hito or even Suaetsu or Kiyori, I believe they will be in favor of expanding our cooperation…just make sure you don’t get stuck pitching the proposal to their counsel.” He warned, it was the older more traditional generation of Sunagakure that he had no doubt would shut him down promptly before even bringing him to speak with another authority.

Texas

Post by Texas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Tenzin knew he was going overboard. That happens every once in a while. Often times when you keep things to yourself, eventually you let everything spill out! Tenzin nodded in agreement. He knew what he had to do and how he was going to do it. "Yes, Lord Hokage" he said as he looked at the strong man in his white and red attire. He stood up and faced the Hokage. He bowed his head with respect, and when he lifted his head he turned to leave the Hokage's office. It was official; Tenzin was to head off to the Wind Country and visit the Village Hidden in Sand. By the time he left the building, he didn't even realize how quick the meeting was in retrospect. Tenzin was excited that he was one step closer to planning this Field Trip. Now he just had to gain permission from the Higher-ups at Sunagakure no Sato. Tenzin walked back to his place and began packing for the long journey ahead.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”