Build'em up, break 'em down

Red X

Post by Red X » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:43 am

A cloudy day was on them. Big ivory cotton lumps moving across the sky, blocking out the sun when they happen to pass before it. Taku used to like days like this when he was younger. Unable to really go outside, the clouds always brought him joy when they arrived. Reminding him that there was more to the world that his home, more to see beyond the compound walls, 'A symbol of true freedom.'

On a day like today, Taku found himself at a small construction site. Well, maybe construction was the wrong word. There weren't any metal beams or cement blocks, none of the usual equipment at all actually. Instead there were a sizeable amount of small metal poles and tarps, likely for setting up booths and tents. There were already a few civilians doing their part to get it setup, but there was no way they'd be able to get it done in time alone. Which is why, they hired a pair of ninja.

Taku sighed, he was glad that he brought some rough clothing. Instead of his usual uniform, Taku wore a pair of dark brown pants with a green t-shirt, a pair of small work gloves, and covered shoes instead of sandals. It was plain, but he still had a few ninja tools tucked away in case he needed them, 'Probably for cutting rope or something. Doubt they'll be trouble for us today. Speaking of "us"

The Hyuuga swept his gaze across the field, searching for his partner. Had he arrived first?
Sachio, Sato• Genin • Kirigakure
Deactivated LegendsShow

Taku Hyuuga • Genin • Konoha
Renshu Tenbun • D-rank • Rice country
Koji Minami • Genin • Kirigakure
Special JouninKiri Rozan Nagano
GeninKonohaNakamura, Osa• Missions: • Social:

D-rank Missing NinKumoMimuna, Asuna • Missions: • Social:

D-rank Missing NinSunaHisami, Shiki • Missions: • Social:

GeninKonohaKuro Ogawa• Missions: • Social:

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:26 pm

Clouds. Kaito would have liked more of them, but he supposed that most of the villagers would prefer it as it was. No matter though, his preference for dimmer light wouldn’t keep him from his duties today. After all, it was a big day for the hospital. If this event didn’t go well, it could hurt its chances of being hosted in the years to come, which would be a shame considering how important it was to the well-being of the village. Kaito couldn’t let that happen.

While he didn’t look it, Kaito was strong given his age. Among ninja it was almost invisible, but among the villagers he stood out in his age bracket. That’s why they had given him the job of hanging the banner that would span the street. Well, that and his ability to walk up the sides of buildings.

“Hoi, Taku!”, he called out from his perch on the side of the nearest building. He was about two stories up, drilling out a hole for an anchor that would hold the banner up using a kunai. The kunai had become so known as a weapon among ninja, that many forgot that it descended from a farming tool and was actually very well suited to this sort of work. With his hole complete, he hopped down from his perch, knees bending to absorb the impact as loose dust blew out away from his impact. Kaito began making his way over towards his genin partner, his lab coat astonishingly still somehow clean.

“Glad you made it. Ready to get to work? Still lots of work to do before we’re open for customers.”, he seemed much more energized today, his face animated as he talked, tinted goggles reflecting the morning light. Something about this felt more concrete. This was real and mattered. Today they would truly be making a difference.
Aburame Kaito - Genin of the Leaf
Vixen - C Ranked Missing Ninja

Red X

Post by Red X » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:06 am

Hearing his name, Taku found his sights set on his partner some two stories up. He'd been hanging a banner, but was not quickly descending and heading his way, "Hey, Kaito. Looks like I'm a little late, been here long?" While he wasn't a stickler for rules or promptness, he didn't want to acquire a reputation for being late.

At the question Taku tugged at his shirt and kicked his shoes a bit, "Yeah, these clothes are suited for some manual labor. Where do you think we should start?" Once again he found himself looking over the site, not really sure what all the pieces were for, but he'd figure it out. Or they'd tell him. Either way.

But there was something the Hyuuga had wanted to talk about with his partner, "Kaito, you're training to be a medic right? You wouldn't happen to know about pressure points would you?"
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:54 pm

“Been at it for a bit. I woke up early for once, so I thought I’d get right to it instead of waiting around.”, he replied, trying to play being excited off as disinterested. It wasn’t like he popped out of bed this morning, he just happened to wake up early. That was the sort of impression he was trying to make, though he wasn’t the best actor.

“Well, we need to get the sun shades set up first. Then we’ll need to set up the tables and chairs. You want to give me a hand with the banner first, though? If we both take a side we should be able to get it up in no time.”, Kaito finished talking as he turned to grab a few tools to hand off to Taku to help with the banner installation when he asked him about pressure points.

“A bit yeah. Why? You got someone bleeding out I don’t know about?”, he asked with a slight chuckle as he turned back to face Taku. “I could show you if you wanted. It’s fairly basic stuff.”

Red X

Post by Red X » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Not figuring Kaito for an early raiser, he was kind of impressed with the kids work ethic. He took the tools with familiar hands and kept them at his side for now. The Hyuuga was happy to hear that he knew of what he spoke, "I figured you would," he grinned, "I don't have anyone that needs help so to speak, but I've heard of them from my clan. From what I've told, a few of the chakra paths cross with pressure points."

He was truly fascinated by the concept. These points were just like tenketsu, in that they existed within everyone. And like tenketsu, if manipulated, they can yield damaging results onto the body. A universal weakness for all, and one that seems to have gone unnoticed. "If you're willing to teach me, I'd be willing to learn. I'm most curious about them, especially the effects they have on our body. I've been told that they can be used in quite a number of ways."

But for now, they had work to do,"So where to first? Just hanging a few more banners?"
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:30 pm

“Just the one banner. After that we get going on the sun shades and table. Here, you take this side and these anchors. All you have to do is put it in the holes I drilled and clip the banner to them. I’ll take the other side and get it going.”, he said as he handed Taku the anchors and one side of the street spanning banner. Kaito the other side of the banner, heading to the opposite side of the street as Taku where he began drilling and installing the anchors before clipping the other side of the banner in place. When all was said and done a large banner reading ‘1st Annual Konoha Blood Drive” spanned between the two buildings flanking the construction site, clearly labeling their location so the villagers would know they were in the right place.

Kaito kicked off the building, landing down near the middle of the two buildings. He waited for Taku to join him before continuing their conversation, “There are two main kinds of pressure points. The ones I know the most about have to do with blood vessels. That’s your arteries and veins. Block them off and people pass out or die eventually, but sometimes you need to put pressure on them to slow the flow of blood to keep someone from bleeding out while you close a wound. The other kind has to do with nerve clusters. There are some medical uses for them, but they mostly just cause pain when pushed on. Mainly, I know about them to stop from causing pain or nerve damage, though there are some advanced techniques that use them to relieve pain and the like.”

As they approached the construction site again he’d begin opening a few of the crates nearby until he found the one with the connectors for the polls. “So, we’re going to use these to make frames with the poles. They slide together and lock with a pin. Simple enough, yeah?”

Red X

Post by Red X » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:42 pm

"Got it!" Taku made sure to take the anchors carefully as he simultaneously gripped the banner. It was child's play for him to walk up to where it needed. Just a little exercise in chakra control. He found the spot where he was supposed to anchor it down, and once again he had to fumble a bit to get them in correctly, 'Man, I've got to work on some finger exercises. Can't keep fumbling things.'

Giving his hands a good flex, he finished applying the last anchor before joining his companion back on the ground towards their next destination. He learned a little more about the different uses of pressure points as well as the difference in them, "That all sounds fascinating. If the nerves generally cause pain, then is it also true that it could cause paralysis to certain parts of the body?" He imagined using his clans gentle fist to not only strike at tenketsu points, but as well as pressure points. Robbing them control of both their body and their chakra, in one elegant dance of furry.

"I've really gotta learn more about medicine," Arriving at the crate, he held two pipes together as he listened for the instructions. Simple as Kaito said, they locked into place without a fuss, "Well, this is simple enough. So, what else do you like besides medicine?"
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:21 pm

“In theory, I suppose. That’s all far above my level really. Getting to far ahead of myself usually gets me smacked up the back side of the head, so I don’t ask about that sort of stuff much anymore.”, he said with a nervous grin. “My instructor seems to think its distracting me from my lessons, which it probably is… but its kind of cool to think about all the possibilities.”

Kaito paired the poles with their connectors until they had a pyramid built, waiting for the vertical poles to lift it above head height. “Okay, now we just have to put the canvas on top and tie it down, then we raise it up and the first one is done. Easy, huh?”, he asked. Other crews were getting their built as well, some even already on to setting up tables. Not to be outdone, Kaito took out one of the canvas tops with their built-in tie downs.

“Me? Well, uh… Does eating or sleeping count?”, he asked sheepishly. He really didn’t have a lot of hobbies. No time for that with all his studies, really.

Red X

Post by Red X » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:42 pm

Taku did his share to help put up the skeleton pyramid, taking care to avoid kicking on of the legs as they shifted it around. He could understand a hard instructor, they demanded a certain level of perfection and Taku was always one to push himself. Perhaps what he envisioned was still a longs way off. Heck, it might not even happen.

"Sure let's get this thing canvased and up." He grabbed his end of the canvas and stretched it out open,"Well, nothing wrong with enjoying the simpler things. I don't really have many hobbies myself, but I do find that fishing is pretty relaxing."

He laughed as he remembered his first time on the lake, struggling to nab the tiniest of fish from the pond as if it were a 10 pounder. "Not that I know much about it. Just enjoy the practice I suppose." He continued to cover his side and did his best to accommodate Kaito. After a few more adjustments, he soon found himself standing before a completed booth.

"I've also been meaning to ask, have you been assigned to a team yet?"
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Kaito shook his head. “No, I haven’t heard anything back yet from the administration about a team. I heard it takes a while sometimes. Something about matching people who are on the same level, so I guess it makes sense that its taken so long.”, he said, leaving unspoken that he thought his own level was rather dismal, hence the difficulty in finding anyone.

“But I finally got assigned a mission, so things are moving along I figure. Who knows, maybe if we do well today I’ll get bumped up the list for assignment.”, he smiled optimistically. “What about your team? Do you guys work well together?”

Of course, he hadn’t even considered that Taku hadn’t yet been assigned. After beating him in the footrace yesterday, Kaito has constructed a whole story in his mind about Taku and how he was only assigned to this mission because of a medical problem. Maybe it was even something that happened to him on mission. Who better to guilt people into showing up for a blood drive than a wounded warrior and a kid? Yeah, that had to be it.

Red X

Post by Red X » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Taku tried to keep the pang of hurt from his expression and voice as he answered, "I actually never had a team." Truth be told, he understood why. He was already way older than the average genin, and he started a lot later than most. Being from the Hyuuga clan was both a blessing and a curse in that regard. Everyone outside of the clan held him in a favorable light because of their reputation, so he received plenty of support. But there were always whispers, and his frail condition quickly became an open secret amount those that knew him.

But, such was life, "I had a rocky start, and didn't enter the academy until I was older. I passed, but even then it was by a hair," He paused his work as he thought back, "Actually, you saw a bit of it yesterday yeah? Well, I used to be worse. But, thanks to Doctor Jihan and not short amount of training, I've gotten stronger."

Not wanting to speak much more about himself, Taku shifted the focus of the conversation, "But you know, it's only a matter of time before they assign either of us to a team. And when they do I'm sure it'll be a good fit." He finished securing his side of the canvas with one last tug. Once it was ready, he'd help get it setup before admiring their work, "Alright, one booth down, many more to go."
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:09 pm

“Oh, well I’m sure they’ll place you soon. With a successful mission we’ll both have a foot in the door.”, he replied, trying to sound chipper. How he managed to stick his foot in his mouth so often, he’d never know. After that he didn’t exactly know what to say, finishing the set up of the sunshade in silence. Luckily, Taku broke what was becoming an uncomfortable silence for him.

“You said it. You want to start getting the poles brought over while I dig out the next set of connectors?”, he asked, eager to keep the topic on work for a little while. He couldn’t screw that up, at least that he knew of.

By the end of the hour the whole site was set up, shades and tables assembled and stocked with the necessary paperwork and supplies. Kaito’s aunt, Aburame Natsu, came out in her white doctor’s coat to give the place a look over before calling together all the volunteers, and the two ninjas.

“Good job everyone. People will start arriving soon, so let’s get to our positions.”, she began, proceeding to call out names and positions for the afternoon. “Taku and Kaito, you’ll be draw team three.”

Kaito looked to Taku and grinned, “Don’t worry, I’ll handle the drawing, you can check people in and get them prepped. It’s not hard, I’ll walk you through it.”

When all the positions were given out there was a group huddle and a cheer of, “For Konoha!” before people began splitting up to go to their stations. Kaito bumped Taku with his shoulder, “Come on partner. We’ve got work to do.”[/font]

Red X

Post by Red X » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:23 pm

Turning their focus into their work, Taku was amazed to find that in just an hours time the site was ready. From a bunch of raw materials sprung a fully functioning blood donation center. He crossed his arms with the slightest of smiles, "You know partner, this isn't half bad." It was always good to see hard work payoff, though it wasn't really the hardest of jobs.

He along with everyone gathered together. She still wore her usual attire, speaking with pure authority as she broke the group up into teams. She was a strong woman for sure. He wasn't sure if it was just a formality or if they really just wanted to keep the pair together but it got no complaints from either party. When they mentioned drawing however, Taku felt his throat tighten. Lucky for him, Kaito was quick to volunteer, "That works for me. I'm sure we'll have it nailed down in no time."As he looked around he wondered which booth was there.

"So I just have to do what, have them fill out a forum and ask them some questions?" He was going off of every time he ever stepped foot in a hospital. When was the last time you ate? How much do you weigh, how tall are you? The usual stuff.
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:55 pm

“Yeah. All the questions are on the paperwork. It’s simple stuff. All you have to do is man the clip board and the que. I’ll let you know when to send them back to me. We’ll probably have to run the collections in at some point. I’ll let you know when we are getting close.”, he discussed as they walked back to their assigned booth.

“Shouldn’t be long now till people start showing up, so get everything ready. These things can get pretty busy”, Kaito predicted with no idea just how right he would be.

Half an hour later the line to donate was wrapped around the hospital. It was halfway to be expected, considering the Will of Fire and everyone’s commitment to helping each other. Kaito was swabbing the draw site for the next villager while Taku ran through his list of questions with the person behind them.

“You’ll just feel a slight pinch. Just try to relax and we’ll be done before you know it!”, he told a young man a few years his junior before turning to get the needle. As he turned back he could see the fear in his eyes. He wasn’t the most soothing of people to be drawing blood. People liked eye contact, and with Kaito that could never be, dark lenses unblinking where his eyes should be.

“Hey, there’s nothing to worry about. I’ve done this a bunch of times. Just take a deep breath. You don’t even have to watch, okay?”, he coaxed, waiting until the boy looked away to slide the needle into the crook of his arm. The boy hissed, blood traveling down the needle into a clear tube where it traveled to a bag to collect.

“See, nothing to worry about. You’re doing great.”, Kaito said placatingly as he waited for the bag to fill. When it was getting near to being finished he grabbed a cotton ball and his roll of tape, placing the cotton ball down as he drew the needle out, then taping it to his arm. “Make sure to pick up some juice and cookies before you head out, and thank you for your donation.”

“Hey Taku, is the next one ready?”, he called over his shoulder as the boy climbed out of his seat, Kaito putting away the full bag as he prepped his area for the next patient.[/font]

Red X

Post by Red X » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:30 pm

"Well, it sounds easy enough."

Customer service, Taku found, was for the birds. He often though himself patient and kind, but that illusion was quickly shattered when a woman put her foot on the table and asked him to diagnose her mole, "Ma'am, this is not a triage. This isn't even the hopsital, we're just here for people who are willing to donate blood!" He had to explain it six more times before she left. He really hoped Kaito was having a better go at it.

For the most part, the people who were coming were nice but kinda dumb. They didn't read, or listen, or remember their own answers to the questions. "Mr. Osugi, are you sure you ate today? Because when I first asked you said at 7, but now you're saying 2, but its only noon."

"I meant 2 in the morning. I had a little midnight pie."

"That...that's not a meal. You haven't eaten anything today besides pie?"

"No, I had an apple this morning with my usual shot of whiskey."

"And you've been drinking?! You can't donate blood under the influence."

"Well I'm not under the influence, I've only had 3 shots so far."

Never again. When Kaito asked him for the next patient he was tempted to ask for a switch, but he figured that the hospital would probably appreciate it if he didn't insert needles into these people. They wanted the blood in the bags, after all.

"One sec, Ms. Hiji? You can go on back now."
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:23 pm

“Hi there, Ms Hiji was it? I’m Aburame Kaito. Please have a seat, I’ll be with you in just one moment.”, he said before turning back to preparing for the next draw. The old needle had already been put into the sharps container, Kaito drawing a new one from its sterile packaging along with a length of tube and a bag.

“Aburame? You’re not from that gross bug family, are you?”, she asked while his back was still turned. Kaito stiffened, freezing like a deer in the headlights while he tried to come up with an answer that would satisfy her.

In the end, all he could say was, “I am.”

Were it not for the next round of questions being fired off by Taku, the silence might have been able to be cut with a knife. Clearly Ms Hiji hadn’t thought this through, expecting to have misheard Kaito instead of getting an affirmation. It was a common enough mistake, people thinking that dirty insects had no place near sterile medicine. It fell to Kaito to be gracious, even though his ego was badly wounded by what she had called him.

Kaito turned back to face her, trying to reassure her, “Don’t worry. I can assure you, everything here is clean. No bugs on the needles, I promise.” He smiled, showing his tell for when he was nervous. “See, I’m wearing gloves. You have nothing to worry about.”

Lucky for him, his eyes were hidden from view. Anyone could almost trick themselves into thinking that it hadn’t bothered him at all, were it not for the change in timber of his voice. The drawing of the blood happened in silence this time, Kaito finishing up and sending the patient off before moving up to join Taku at the table.

“Why don’t we take five and take the cooler into the hospital? I could use the break, and Dr. Tanaka at booth four can take over for us for a bit.” Dealing with people was surprisingly emotionally draining for the both of them it seemed.

Red X

Post by Red X » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Taku continued his stent of customer service with a seemingly dead stare and a weary tone. Somehow, the crowd had sucked the vitality out of him leaving him dreary and weak. He did his best to simply process any many people as possible, guiding the conversation always around the questions. It was no easy task, be the Hyuuga would see it done. He so driven that he didn't hear what was going on behind him.

At some point he noticed how quiet it was, but he thought nothing of it. All the while he dealt with the chaos of the front booth,"Mr Urameshi you cannot draw the blood yourself, it just isn't safe." People seemed to have the oddest requests. When Kaito suggested a small break he was delighted, "Yes let's do that. I'm sure the other's can handle it."

They made their preparations and departed towards the hospital, "Man, D-rank missions can be pretty taxing in their own way. I never though I'd have to exercise so much restraint." He looked over at his partner, "How is it back there with the blood and needles?"
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:45 am

“About normal.”, Kaito responded, looking over at Taku over the top of the cooler they carried between the two of them. The corners of his lips pulled upward, a smile not quite fully forming on his lips.

“We just have a few more hours, than we can tear it all down, turn in our reports, and call it a day.” Being considerably shorter and slightly scrawnier, Kaito had to work just a bit harder to hold up his side of the cooler, it sloshing between them as they walked up the main drive out front.

“You know, this was a multiday mission. Even though we didn’t leave the village, it still was a pretty big deal. I mean, big deal for a D rank, at least. Heck, for my first mission I sure did get to stab a lot of people.” Kaito’s smirk finally formed in full. “I mean, you could even say I’ve spilled a lot of blood today.”

That’s when a laugh finally overtook him. “Aburame Kaito, scourge of villagers everywhere. Hah.”, he laughed as they came up to the door, following Taku inside with the back of the cooler.

Red X

Post by Red X » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:11 am

Taku relished the idea of being free of the burden of customer service, but he knew that they'd have to return and deal with it a for a while longer, "Yeah, I'm looking forward to some R&R. Might even sleep in." He likely wouldn't be able to do it though. For years he conditioned himself to wake up near the crack of dawn to train or mind his chores before he trained. Such an ingrained habit was not so easily broken.

He felt the cool jolt, a reminder that he needed to be more considerate with his side. He tried to adjust as best as possible while he allowed a grin to form on his face. Kaito seemed to be in good spirits, especially since this felt like the job from hell. It wasn't something that he'd brag about, but it was still nice to see the enthusiasm of youth.

"Heh well, you're not wrong. I'm sure they'll forgive you, scourge of villagers," He paused a bit as the door opened, "Though I hope they don't remember me. If I have to explain to one more person that I'm not a doctor nor am I medically trained I might just explode." It had been a grating experience to say the least.

Following directions into the store room, they found a clerk to take the cooler of their hands so it could be cataloged. He briefly wondered how one got the job of cataloging bodily fluid, but then decided he really didn't want to know, "Well that's done. Shall we head back?"
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:01 am

“Yeah. I suppose we should.”, Kaito said without moving right away. The cool air inside the hospital felt good compared to the morning heat. He wasn’t quite ready to get back to it so soon. He reached back to his right hip pouch, fishing out the steel bottle he kept inside. It wouldn’t be cold anymore, but water was water. He knew better than most the creeping threat of dehydration and heat stroke. He also knew he didn’t handle the heat well, forcing himself to slow down and drink.

Several slugs later he lowered the bottle back down, Shijikonchū larvae swarming down from under his sleeve and onto the bottle. He set it onto a nearby countertop before performing a few hand seals. The larvae spread over the bottle beginning to glow a soft green as he finished the final seal. The glow pulsed for a few moments before Kaito reached back out for the bottle, letting the larvae run back up his hand and onto his arm, rushing up behind his coat just as quickly as they had appeared.

“Here. You should have something to drink, then we’ll get back to it.”, he said, lifting the bottle towards Taku. “Go ahead, it’s clean.”

Jutsu UsedShow
*[Iijutsu • Sterilization Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
As sanitation cannot always be guaranteed in field operations, this technique provides a quick substitute to traditional sterilization methods. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will channel the chakra throughout his/her upper body (torso, arms, hands, face). This chakra will chew away at harmful bacteria and other foreign bodies on the skin, cleansing it until it is thoroughly sterile, and can be spread to objects, most commonly surgical tools. Of course, this takes both concentration and time, and in order to sterilize the entire upper body, it will take a duration of one (1) post. Users of this technique can also choose to sterilize certain parts of their upper body or the wounds of another person instead for a lesser concentration period. Once they are sanitized, they remain this way until coming in contact with more bacteria.

Red X

Post by Red X » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Taku watched as his partner fished a steel container from his hip and raise it to wet his whistle. He wasn't doing much better, the work of the day, as light as it had been, was still draining for him. Only now did he realize that he'd left his own water supply back at the compound, 'Suppose i'll have to find a water cooler, or one of the nurses to get me a small bottle of water.'

Before he could depart, Taku found his eyes drawn to his partner's steel container as he was offered a drink. The Hyuuga was brought up short by the alien situation. No one wanted to drink after Taku, his illness was contagious and though it had gone dormant, it was a social norm ground into him till this very day. Keeping with it, Taku politely declined, "It is now, sure, but you don't want to drink after a guy like me," He offered him a sheepish smile, "Though I doubt you'd catch it after just a simple drink, it is not a risk worth taking, trust me."

He hoped he wasn't being rude, Taku gave the young boy a pat on the shoulder, "Appreciate it though. Not something people just up and do, ya know?" Clearing his throat, "But, uh, yeah. We should head back, I'm sure they're missing us about now."

Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:32 pm

He was stuck between rolling his eyes and fetching Taku’s medical file this instant. What could he possibly have that was so virulent that it couldn’t be destroyed by sanitization? Still, it wasn’t worth the fight. He settled for an eyeroll, impossible to tell outside the dark lenses of his goggles.

“There is water out on the table with the juice and snacks. Get one for yourself before you come back to the booth. Last thing we need is someone fainting who hasn’t even donated. Got it?”, he asked in his best impression of his aunt’s stern demeanor. Sometimes you had to be tough with your patients. Doctors ordered, not requested

Kaito capped and stuffed his bottle back in his hip pouch as he turned and held the door open for Taku. It was time to get back to work.

Kaito arrived at the booth first, taking up Taku’s clip board as he called over people to their reopened line. ‘How hard could it be?’, he thought as the first person stepped up to the table.

“Good morning. We just need a couple bits on information from you before we begin. Name?”

“Yoshida Mitsuki.”, replied a young man in work clothes. The saw dust in on his trousers marked him out as a carpenter, as did his physique and tan.

“And when was the last time you ate?”, Kaito followed up, penning down his name.

“Uh, what does that have to do with anything?”, Mitsuki responded vacantly.

“Well, I’d explain it, but I don’t think you have the background and I certainly don’t have the time with the lines as they are.”, Kaito tried to explain diplomatically, but his even tone and lack of ability to make eye contact instead made him come across as superior.

“You sayin’ I’m too dumb to understand? Just ‘cus I’m a carpenter don’t make me an idiot.”, Mistuki replied, getting riled up and agitated.

“No, it’s just that-“

“I want to speak to someone in charge. I came here to save lives, and this is how you treat me? Unbelievable.”, Mitsuki cutting Kaito off before he could finish his explanation. Kaito looked around briefly, praying Taku would be back to save him from this mess. Dealing with the people was more difficult than he had ever expected.[/font]

Red X

Post by Red X » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:14 am

"Sir yes sir," he barked out playfully, grabbing a water from the table as he followed Kaito back towards the blood drive.

When they returned, it was Kaito who called the next person up in an attempt to get things moving again. Not wanting to step on anyones toes, Taku watched as the interaction went from bad to admittedly worse before he moved to step in. "You've reached the man in charge, is there a problem?"

The man, Yoshida, turned his attention towards Taku, "As a matter of fact there is. This kid was insulting my intelligence and belittling me, the guy here to save lives!"

Taku rolled his eyes, "Sir everyone is here to save lives and your donation is appreciated, but our job is to get you in and out as fast and effectively as possible. Not kiss your feet or worship the ground you walk on."

"Excuse--"

Not giving him a chance to get going, "I understand that he was short with you, and you have our apologies, but that's just how he is. Now if you'd like, I can allow my phlebotomist to get back to his station and then I'll go through the rest of the questions with you. Otherwise, we'll just be holding up the line." His tone was stern and his eyes staring straight into the civilians without flinching.

Huffing, the man took his seat, "Fine, whatever. Let's get this done already."

Giving Kaito a wink, he took his seat as well, "Alright. Now, when did you last eat?"
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:06 pm

Things were especially awkward when Mizuki finally came along to the back of the booth where the draw station was set up. Kaito was nervous, meaning his hands weren’t as steady as they could have been.

“Ow! Do you even know what your doing!?”, Mizuki cried out as the needle sunk into the crook of his elbow, cherry blood traveling down the tube towards the bag. Kaito stopped holding his breath when he saw it. Thank god he wasn’t going to need to stick him twice.

“Sorry… It’ll be over soon.”

The rest of the afternoon went better than their run in with Mizuki, but it was no less exhausting for all that. Once all the collections were done, they still had the tear down to complete. Another hour of labor. Blood, sweat, & tears had all been shed by the time the drive was over; though thankfully there hadn’t been many tears. All that was left was to make their report to the administration office, then they could hit the showers and call it a close on this mission.[/font]

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”