Returning "Cloud of Sparrows"

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:51 pm

The air conditioning inside the administration building felt heavenly as it met them through the open door. While some of the people inside would have traded it in a heart beat for the excitement of a mission, those returning from the afternoon heat saw the greener grass on the other side. Kaito held the door for Taku, the two of them proceeding inside. Just one final report to give, then their day could be over. Kaito could already feel the soothing spray of water against his back and the taste of barbecue meat on his lips. It was going to be so good to be off duty once again.

“Aburame Kaito and Hyuuga Taku, reporting in with the results of our mission with the hospital.”, he said to the tired looking attendant behind the desk. He held out a few papers that he had been given to turn in by the hospital.

“Everything went smoothly, and the operation was a success.”, he reported with a smile.

“Great, then you’ll have time to take this one as well.”, the attendant replied in his monotonous nasally tone as he held out a second set of mission papers towards them.

“Good luck on your mission and make sure you fully shut the door on your way out.”, he continued as a way of shooing them out of the comfort of the air conditioning. Kaito looked down at the papers in his hands confused. How could this have happened!? He was supposed to be going home now, not… Finding a lost book? Was this a joke?

He handed the papers to Taku. “I can’t believe this… It could be anywhere.”, he said in the glummest of tones. This book was the proverbial needle in a hay stack. They’d probably be at it all afternoon.
Aburame Kaito - Genin of the Leaf
Vixen - C Ranked Missing Ninja

Red X

Post by Red X » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Taku shifted uncomfortably inside the administration building. While the air-conditioning was much appreciated, he always found that the administrative building felt a lot like the hospital. Sterile, soulless, and off putting, Taku dreaded each visit to either but this was the final report. He was not going to be a dick and just send Kaito to do it on his own. Didn’t mean he liked it, but that was the job.

To be received with complete apathy and another mission, ultimately justified his feelings against such an abhorrent place.

Biting down the foulest of swears, he endured,“It might not take THAT long. If first we can find this,”he looked back at the scroll as he’d forgotten the name, “Gene character, then he should have some idea of its whereabouts. No doubt it will shrink our search time and speed this process along.” There, logic helped ease his mood.

“Besides, it’s not like the village is unfamiliar, we’ll have it sorted in no time,” He allowed a smile to grace his features, “It might even lead us to some place new. Now let’s go Kaito, before whatever mood I’m in evaporates under the strain of our surroundings.” His tone was eerily upbeat. He marched on, regardless. Though he did not quite know his destination beyond the doors.
Sachio, Sato• Genin • Kirigakure
Deactivated LegendsShow

Taku Hyuuga • Genin • Konoha
Renshu Tenbun • D-rank • Rice country
Koji Minami • Genin • Kirigakure
Special JouninKiri Rozan Nagano
GeninKonohaNakamura, Osa• Missions: • Social:

D-rank Missing NinKumoMimuna, Asuna • Missions: • Social:

D-rank Missing NinSunaHisami, Shiki • Missions: • Social:

GeninKonohaKuro Ogawa• Missions: • Social:

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:36 am

“Does it say what he looks like in there? I mean, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of him… You think maybe we can get a peek at the picture they keep of him on file?”, he asked as they were headed out the door.

“Maybe we could check with the gate guards? Those guys know everyone. It says here he’s a ninja, so I figure he has to go out on missions and such.”, Kaito yammered on. Of course, he hadn’t read the full file. The sudden news of the mission had thrown him completely off track, keeping him from noticing that the file included Gene’s place of residence. Clearly that would be the smart place to start.

“Or maybe we can check lost and founds? Someone probably found it all ready if he lost it in the village. You don’t just overlook a book laying in the road, right?”

Red X

Post by Red X » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:53 am

"Well, I'm not so sure they have his picture, but I'm sure they wouldn't just send us on a wild goose chase," He paused as he turned back towards the younger ninja, "At least, I don't think they would." Sighing, he turned his attention back to the mission scroll, reading the information in more detail before finding a small lead.

"Doesn't seem like much, but we've got his address so that's something." His mood was starting to wane, but the sun brought him a small amount of joy as it dispelled the gloom of the admin building. "We're not too far from his place of residence. What are the chances that he's home?"

Kaito brought up the guards, and it was a sound plan since they likely would know what Gene looked like or at when he came around. Everyone had a routine, and surely a guard would notice frequent visitors. "If he's not home, we can come back to ask the guards. Although if that fails, then we're gonna have to figure out something else."

He jumped onto a nearby roof and waited for Kaito to join him before he made his way north towards Gene's residence, "Who knows, maybe this guys is really cool and already has the book."
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:07 am

Kaito leapt after Taku, landing on the roof slightly behind him.

“Not sure, but it’s the best shot we have of getting out of here any time soon. If we have to ask the guards we may have to wait till he comes in or out next, and who knows how long that will take.”, Kaito responded as they began heading north along the rooftops.

“I mean, I doubt it. What kind of guy takes out a mission because he loses a book? Sounds embarrassing. I mean, he’s either really busy and important.”, kaito making air quotes around important. “Or he’s some hopeless klutz who loses things around the village and is too lazy to find it himself.”

Of course, Kaito didn’t have a high impression of the man who made him take on busy work as his second mission of the day. Didn’t they know he was tired? After all, he had to stick needles in people all day, sometimes more than once! They really didn’t like it when he had to do it more than once. That was for sure.

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Post by Legacy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:57 am

"I know this is not your specialty but..." Gene laid a kunai knife with what looked like black wire streaming along the pommel down on the marble table. "Could you repair this for me?" Standing with arms folded and head tilted as if in deep thought an elderly man studied the Kunai closely, absorbing its less than delicate history like water to a sponge. "Young folks today just don't know how to treat a blade these days..." blowing a sigh the elderly man shook his head and picked up the knife as easily as one would an infant. Although Gene knew not to ask more questions than those relating to a specific task the steadiness of the elderly man's hands while holding the weapon suggested that smithing had not been the lad's first choice.

"Hm...alright. But throw in the Tanto and that ain't up for discussion. You'll thank me for fixing Heisoku later, trust me." Reluctantly Gene agreed, removing the holster around his lower back and placing it along with a few coins for payment down on the table. "She's in your capable hands now, I'm counting on you Mr. Tazuna." The two exchanged nods and parted ways; one to work the other on a journey around the village.

"I'm sure I'd been somewhere around here." Gene
crouched down low to the ground examining the dirt one pace in front of him,it'd been ruined by a fire style technique. "What if I burned it by mistake...?! Although it had been written as a rule to never show emotion even Gene couldn't help lower his head at the thought of destroying final copy of Cloud of Sparrows, I'll find it. Gene brought his hands up toward his chest, forming the ram hand sign. Smoke washed over the area as though a dozen fire crackers had been set off at the same time; when the smoke danced away only three identical men to Gene occupied the space.

One of the Shadow clones hung suspended only by the bind of its chakra upside down, underneath a large branch. "What is it now, Gene?" Another Shadow clone who's arms had been folded across its chest, kunai biting into the sides of the tree that it leaned on immediately chimed in; "Something troublesome I bet." Only the third Shadow clone remained to be seen but Gene felt its presence nearby. "I dropped Cloud of Sparrows and I need your help searching for it. Check back home, Snake pass, the forest of death and the Memorial stone first. If you can't find it there...it's probably gone." Each simply nodded and in the next moment all were gone to tend to their tasks.

Home. It should have been the first stop to begin with but in his haste Gene did not think to do so. That mistake would never be made again. Blitzing through the village as though he were passing spirit headed Southeast toward his apartment Gene made quick crossing of the narrow, cobblestone bridge leading down a lengthy flight of stairs. One left turn later and he emerged briskly through a gang way in clear view of a Water tower that was just three blocks away from where he lived. Here goes door number one.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Red X

Post by Red X » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:25 pm

Taku laughed at Kaito's assessment of their client, "Ah, come on. He could be an alright guy for all we know." It wouldn't do to have to work with such a person.

They continued their advance towards the, the busy streets begging to thin as people made their way home. Taku was hoping to be amount them, but here he was, looking for books. "You know, I kinda hope he is someone important. Maybe then he'll at least feel bad about having to do this. Well, either that, or a total ass." Somewhere in the world, a man laughed at the idea of a Hyuuga calling anyone an ass. It made Taku chuckle again.

Soon enough, the arrived.

Standing on a rooftop, the white eyed genin began searching for the address, "Hey, Kaito. What's the address again?"
Deactivated LegendsShow

Kaito-san

Post by Kaito-san » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:25 am

“Says here it 2145 Water Tower street.”, he replied, filching the mission papers from Taku to check the address. “Hey look, I see the water tower, we’ve got to be close. What number is this..? 2122? Must be on the other side and up a couple of houses.”

Kaito took a leap of the edge of the building they were on out into the road. He landed and with a few more strides was across the street, checking numbers as he ran up the sidewalk. “2123… 2125… 2127…”, he counted out. Only 4 more houses to go until they arrived.

“Almost there! Four more to go!”, he shouted back to Taku as they ran the last bit of distance, sweet beading on Kaito skin. The sun was hottest in the afternoon, the heat sapping his energy deceptively faster than expected. Good thing he had made sure they stayed hydrated on their last mission./[font]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:49 pm

"I don't get it," Gene's shadow clone uttered, the confusion noticeable in his voice, much like how he felt. "Why not just buy another book?" Tossing couch cushions left and right the answer came to Gene immediately. He recalled where Cloud of Sparrows had been originally and its original owner; sure, he'd always told people that he happened across it In an old book store but that couldn't have been further from the truth. Despite its relatively short chapters the book in todays day and age may have been worth a pretty penny somewhere...and he'd made the mistake of losing it!

Before heading for the front door Gene checked a few other places in his apartment just to be on the safe side, nothing. "Almost there! Four more to go!" At first Gene ignored the voice but realized quickly enough that the noise had been getting closer and closer to him. "Well...I should probably check Snake pass. Gene locked the door, checked it twice and then walked away headed right for two approaching Leaf ninja. Immediately, Gene's outfit may have caught the duo as odd considering It was not a mesh of Konoha's standard green and red colors but full on black or white. The latter applying to Gene's flak vest, while his undershirt and pants as well as his sandals were black.

Moreover, Gene's hair and eyes probably did him no favors in terms of not standing out. Auburn hues peered intently at the two boys and the silver forest atop his head swayed lightly in what little breeze set over the area for a brief moment. "Jeez...looks like I may have to cut my losses this time." A light flashed in his mind. "Or maybe not just yet." He hadn't thought about it up until now but someone should have responded to the request he'd put in by now. Silly as it may have seemed for a Jounin to use Ninja manpower for finding his lost book, there might have been someone both kind and qualified enough to take the task head on. After all, Konoha was big on helping each other.

ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Red X

Post by Red X » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:45 pm

"Hey, do you think that's the guy?" Taku peered at the silver haired individual who stepped out into the sun. Whoever he was, he had the attire of a ninja. Not one who looked familiar, and stood out a great deal with his neutral color choices. Shifting his eyes over, he found that it was indeed the address of their employer. Confident he opened his mouth to speak, "Are you by chance Mitsurugi-san? Put in for a mission?" He wasn't going to go giving away details, this was still a mission after all, albeit a D-Rank.

As he stepped closer, Taku felt himself mental sigh as he took in the man's appearence, 'Another talented young ninja.' While he was proud of his strength and the obstacle he overcame to achieve it, he was still woefully weak for his age. Most times that didn't bother him, but lately it was something of a thorn in his palm. Annoying, and difficult to remove.

He'd wait for the acknowledgement before continuing, "My name is Taku, of the Hyuuga clan. My friend and I are here to help you find the book." He fell silent as Kaito gave his own introduction, "So, do you have any leads?" Taku felt like it was an appropriate question. This was a ninja after all, the guy could probably retrace his steps backwards in his sleep.
Deactivated LegendsShow

Legacy