Into the Light

Kabu

Into the Light

Post by Kabu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:28 am

Masami couldn't help but sigh as she approached the Awai clan compound, ignoring the strange looks that she was no doubt receiving as she was here with but a single thing in mind. It had been some time since she had had Atarasu sealed within her and while she had been gradually learning more about her new abilities, she knew full well that there was only so far that she could get without outside help, given that the abilities granted to her were secret techniques belonging to a bloodline, so information about their deeper workings wasn't entirely readily available. As such, she had discussed her dilemma with Aina and Takeo, both of whom had pointed her towards a member of the Awai clan, one whom had apparently already been made aware of her situation and recruited to help her out with Hiton if the need ever arose.

She didn't particularly mind that much, she greatly appreciated it even, but what she did mind was that she had been sent out with nothing but a name and address in order to meet with this person. She had no idea of what kind of person they would be or what they even would look like.

Finally arriving at her destination, she hesitantly knocked on the door, all the while wondering just what kind of person it was that had been requested to be her teacher.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Re: Into the Light

Post by Director » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:27 pm

Fanho overslept that morning as he was tasked to help train one of the village's Jinchuriki. Being the Katameru head and an avid Fuuinjutsu user he was aware of all the village's intel. Being in ANBU also helped, but ironically the jinchuriki was already apart of his Katameru unit. Her name was Inuzuka, Masami. Albeit he hadn't had any interactions with her, he was aware of her existence and how far she had mastered Atarasu. However her mastery in hiton needed a bit of perfecting. So today Takeo and Aina felt it'd be good to have her train with Fanho, one of the better known masters of Hiton in the Awai.

As he was deep in slumber the rapping at the door started him as he rolled out of the bed. Being in the comfort of Konoha and his own home and compound there was hardly a time him sleeping at home wasn't a deep sleep of comfort. However that all shattered with the loud knocking that occurred. From outside you could hear the crash as he fell out of the bed onto the floor. He scuttled across the floor to get on his feet as a bit of spittle flung from his mouth to the floor. "Wuh...Huh?" He looked at his clock on the wall as he threw his head back and groaned. With haste he threw on his clothes before grabbing his toothbrush and toothpaste before scurrying to the door to answer it.

"Hey-'m Aw- Fanh-" Admittedly brushing his teeth as he answered the door wasn't the best move. With a quick wave the hand as he invited her inside to a contrasting clean living room he made his way to the sink to give a spit take before turning around to properly greet Masami. "Lemme introduce myself without brushing my teeth. I'm Awai, Fanho." He'd throw a wave at his guest. Albeit he didn't make the first impression clear, behind the goofy exterior and rush to get ready, Fanho was one of the strongest Jounin in the village and a master in Fuuinjutsu and Hiton. He was also the next candidate to be Hokage after Takeo. "Sorry about taking a bit to answer the door, I totally slept through my alarm."
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Kabu

Re: Into the Light

Post by Kabu » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:39 am

Masami visibly flinched at the sound of the crash that echoed throughout the house, ears twitching in displeasure. Evidently she had caused a bit of a startle, a thought that she may have smiled at had her ears not been ringing from the loud crash. She did however wonder now more than ever just what kind of person it was that she would be dealing with.

And it seemed that she wouldn't have much longer to wait as the door soon opened, revealing a very.. disheveled and hurried looking boy, obviously having been woken just moments before based on how he answered the door while brushing and all. So this was the boy that was going to be working with her? Well, she knew firsthand not to judge so soon, and really in some ways it was a relief. She couldn't bear to think of what it would be like to be training with someone like Takeo.. or Gene. She loved them both, as friends of course, but they were a bit too... serious and rough for her liking.

It seemed though that he had at least enough awareness to run back in and finish what he was doing before returning and finally making a proper greeting, Masami letting out a light chuckle. "Don't worry about it. I was never given any actual info on when to head out or anything, so blame Takeo for that." she responded with a light wave and a grin. "Inuzuka Masami by the way, though I'm sure that you already knew that."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Into the Light

Post by Director » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:26 am

Fanho gave a chuckle, of course the wolf man himself is so primal he forgot basic human pleasantries like directions, times, and well everything about a proper meeting. To be fair, Fanho returned the favor often by barging in his office unannounced so it was something paid in full numerous occasions. Fanho returned the wave and grin. He gestured towards the couch as he made his way back into his room closing the door enough Masami couldn't see inside his room. He spoke loud enough she could hear him as he finished getting dressed. The Jounin decided to just dress in a plain white t-shirt and some green cargo shorts with his shinobi boots on before coming back outside. It honestly didn't look much different than his bed attire that Masami had seen him in, which was just a t-shirt and gym shorts. "Well, introductions are still important y'know? Pleasantries and all that. Takeo forgets it from time to time, being the wolf Hokage and all." Fanho light-heartedly chuckled at his own stab at the Hokage. It was playful banter that the two engaged in frequently.

As he emerged ready, he didn't carry any equipment or sort on him. Just simply the shoes, shirt, and shorts. He didn't really need all of his gear for training her, and if they did decide to spar he'd forsake his fuuin kunai. "So lets get to moving on! We're gonna be heading to outside the village. I've already got it approved, and its honestly not far from here. I use it all the time for training. Sometimes the hiton techniques get a little..." Fanho made a sorta cringed face at the thought he was about to say. "Too spicy for training inside the village?" Fanho gave a wave as he nodded towards the door for them to get started walking.

As they made their way to the front gate Fanho tucked his hands into his pockets nonchalantly walking around. As they walked Fanho figured he'd get to know Masami better. He knew who she was, and that she was the Jinchuriki of Aturasu, the phantom beast of fusions. She was apart of Mamorinuku, but honestly that was the extent he knew her. "So tell me, how far you are in your training of your Jinch abilities?" He said under his breath quietly. He was aware of her hyper sensory abilities, from the fact he read her file, and that he could pick up on the cues of her dog like features being present.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Kabu

Into the Light

Post by Kabu » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:25 am

Masami couldn't help but chuckle at Fanho's jab towards Takeo, quietly listening to him speak, all the while chuckling at his cringey comments, as the two made their way out of the house and into the village streets, at which point he asked about her training as a Jinchuuriki, head tilting to the side as she thought about how precisely to word her answer. "Well, it's been a long road but I've gotten Aturasu calmed down a lot. There have been too many close calls along the way but I think I've finally managed to beat him into submission. I like to think we've become good friends." she quietly responded, grinning slyly as she mentally heard the Genma begin to say something but seem to decide otherwise, instead just giving a slight 'hmph' of annoyance.

"As far as actual skills go, this is really nothing new but it admittedly hasn't gone as well as I would like. So far I've managed to successfully make use of four of my elements, Hiton of course being one of them, but it just doesn't feel right. I don't really know how to explain but it feels like something's missing. I've managed to learn techniques but it feels like I don't truly understand what it is that I'm working with and to some degree I can tell that it's holding me back." she continued, looking over towards Fanho the entire time, looking for some kind of reaction or response.

"And I suppose that that's where you come in."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Into the Light

Post by Director » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:28 am

Fanho gave a chuckle at the mention of them becoming good friends. It wasn't every day a jinchuriki was comfortable with the thing living inside of them. After all it did take a lot of work to keep it a secret, and not only that but to just master the damn thing. As she mentioned hiton Fanho gave a considerable nod, he understood hiton was a very volatile element with its hard light nature it wasn't an easy task to just solidify light. "Well you have indeed come to the right place, as a resident expert in Hiton, Fuuinjutsu, and well almost anything ninpou related. I can teach you how to mold and use one of the most volatile elements in the world." As they had left the village and continued walking, he led her out to a training field fairly far out, but out here she could let loose and give it her all.

The training field they were at was a cliff top about a good ways away from the village that could see over the trees for miles. It appeared there were craters, scorch marks, and all sorts of impact fractures from the training that occurred up here. However there was plenty of space, and debris to set up a proper training field for targets. "Alright so first off, show me the strongest hiton jutsu in your arsenal. Lets get a look at the max you're capable of. Then show me whats your weakest jutsu so we can see the basics you've mastered." Fanho took a few steps back placing himself at one end of the arena giving Masami plenty of space to give it her all. "Feel free to use the rock debris around here for your own target practice, breaking them down makes more cover and targets so its a win-win really!" Fanho shouted out to Masami's starting position before he tucked his hands into his pockets preparing to watch and analyze.

Kabu

Into the Light

Post by Kabu » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:24 am

"That's very well appreciated, I can't wait to see what there is to learn." Masami responded to Fanho's eagerness to teach her. She honestly hadn't been expecting this to be going so well, granted the actual teaching hadn't started yet, but even if it was due to special circumstances she couldn't help but feel as if she was crossing some sort of boundary, asking a clan member to share the secrets of their bloodline with her.

Well, setting her personal feelings aside, she was still grateful for the opportunity to learn about Hiton from a natural born Awai, and she most definitely wasn't about to waste the chance.

With that in mind, they eventually arrived at their destination, Masami admittedly a bit surprised at just how far outside the village they had gone, though one look at the destroyed state of the training ground was enough to tell her that it was probably for the best that they practiced far, far away from the village proper, so as to avoid hurting anyone.

Upon receiving instruction, she was tempted to argue back about how dangerous just showing off powerful jutsu was, but given the circumstances, it was best for her to show off the best offense she had. And so instead she simply nodded, facing a nearby rock and taking a deep breath before her hands flew into a series of seals, a blade of light forming in her hands. Once the blade was formed, she squinted her eyes swung it towards the rock with all her might, managing to slice through, only for it to suddenly burst into a flash of exceedingly bright light, leaving scorch marks within the general area and blinding the unprepared. "See.. that's what I'm talking about. It's strong but there's something missing." she said with a sigh once it was said and done, though she herself still had another task.

Thinking back to the very beginning of her training with Aturasu she formed another set of seals, this time producing a small glowing orb, which she then tossed with all her might towards what was left of that rock she had just demolished, the orb as well bursting into a flash of light, leaving a slight burn mark on impact, though not being nearly as strong. "And that was one of the first techniques I developed."
JutsuShow
Hiton • Lightball
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user forms Hiton chakra into a baseball sized sphere within her palm. On impact this ball explodes with roughly the force of a single exploding tag, bursting into light capable of delivering first-degree burns along with temporary disorientation and spotting in the target's vision.

Hiton • Excalibur
A-Ranked Nintaijutsu
After performing the necessary handseals, the user will form in their hand what appears to be a massive sword of light at a speed of 25, upon swinging the blade it strikes with a strength equal to the user's own and then bursts, emitting a flash of light capable of causing third degree burns and blinding those within direct range while causing blurry vision in those more than thirty meters away.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Into the Light

Post by Director » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Fanho gave a nod as Masami started out with her strongest and weakest jutsu. The sword was a good jutsu, however she was right, it did lack something. She had the strength to swing the sword with some hefty damage, but she needed something to add to it. Fanho scratched his chin before biting the inner side of his cheek. He had an explosive idea about it, quite literally. "Ever think to make it explode when it makes contact?" Fanho channeled hiton chakra to the palm of his hand as it began to glow a bright grey with mini-nova rings peeling off the tips of his fingers. As he made contact with the rock he unleashed all four explosions in a steady stream. He toned down the brightness so Masami could watch, but it was still bright delivering an overwhelming heatwave that felt slightly uncomfortable during the explosion.

The rock would be obliterated from the sheer force of four simultaneous explosions going off on-top of it with the searing spot being a mere 8 meters across on the ground, but due to multiple explosions it charred the area to a deep dark black with smoke pouring off the top. "Explosions will help give you a reach, even if they dodge your attack and you strike the earth. The ensuing explosion will trap and snag some part of them as long as it isn't a big whiff. Not only that, it'll stretch that blinding strength just a bit further." Fanho symbolically circled the area in the air with his finger where the rock once was. "If you get your sword to explode on contact, that rock and some of the ground would've been obliterated, and you'd have a larger charred area than what I just made. I used smaller explosions all at once to create a controlled detonation, yours would be a big fireball that would consume and destroy."

Fanho waved his hand around gesturing at the training field. "This is the destructive nature of hiton. This used to be a decent sized hill, now I've turned it into a cliff top with just training jutsu up here. Hiton is a volatile element because light isn't meant to be this meticulously controlled so feel free to lose control of it sometimes, and let light be well... light." As Fanho channeled chakra to his hand it took the form of a rasengan but instead was filled with billowing smokey light that had steam pour off as the cool air touched it. "It swirls because its being contained to such a fast, rotating, and rapid spin with such a confined space. Typically this just hits a person digging into them and sending them spiraling off right?" Fanho focused more chakra to his hand as he slung the Rasengan at a decently sized rock about 6 meters cubed. When the rasengan hit its target, it exploded expanding in size and consuming the entirety of the rock eating it and a large chunk of the plateau completely incinerating it creating a large divot. The heat washing over the two even making Fanho wincing his eyebrows despite being used to the heat of hiton in general, it would feel significantly hotter than the summer desert of wind country.

"Hiton is also a good ranged tool, I'm glad your first jutsu was the lightball. You have the basics in ranged hiton, now to apply it on a much larger scale with more chakra and strength. Hiton is also a good area of effect type, you can keep people away, but its also good for up-close beat downs as its burning and blinding power makes it easier to close distances. Its a very versatile element. Combine that with your Inuzuka abilities, and you'd be one painful jinch to go hand to hand with."

Kabu

Into the Light

Post by Kabu » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:25 pm

Masami tilted her head as she watched Fanho's demonstration, paying full attention to the things he was saying all the while, thinking hard about the way she could apply his advice to her own techniques. He had some good ideas, things that she never would have thought of on her own in fact. This was really her first time witnessing Hiton in any real capacity outside of her own techniques and frankly she was amazed at the potential that the release seemed to possess. She would definitely have to keep this advice in mind when further refining her own techniques and even when thinking on what she would want to do next for various situations.

"I... I had no idea of what Hiton was truly capable of. I was just going off anything that I could learn secondhand or figure out on my own. This is my first time actually seeing it in action and wow, it's simply brilliant, so much more than I had initially thought." she truthfully spoke once she was allowed a moment to do so, looking away from Fanho and towards the destruction that lay in front of them, wincing as the heat that had built up from the repeated jutsu use finally hit her, luckily having gotten used to extreme heat from her Kaenton training, though it was still a bit painful.

"So I understand that Hiton can be used for bombastic jutsu and can massive destruction, but what about those who would prefer to fight with a bit more subtlety? Is there anything at all for those kinds of people?" she suddenly asked after taking a moment to recover, having a few techniques in mind but not being entirely sure on the viability of such a thing.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Into the Light

Post by Director » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Fanho nodded to answer Masami's question. As he gestured to the air around them, pointing at the sun, and the ground he elaborated further on why he was making such gestures. "Light surrounds all of us, it bounces off the ground, the air, and its in the sky. You can manipulate it, refract it, and create lots of things with it. One could make illusions by compounding and refracting the light, you could make" Fanho gestured with air quotes, "'clones' that aren't real, but they're not genjutsu so any body facing them with be rightfully confused." Fanho channeled chakra as he absorbed all the light on the plateau consuming Masami and him in complete darkness. "And as you can see, you can manipulate existing light out of an area to create an absence of it." As he released the jutsu the light came rushing back in the swallow the plateau once more.

With a sigh and a throw of a shrug Fanho admitted, "Albeit those types aren't my strong suit I definitely am aware, and have proficiency. They're just not something I have a whole lot in the arsenal. Now I can use light to make me weightless. By shielding myself with it I can make myself practically weightless cause light has a weight way less than gravity's pull." As Fanho focused chakra he began to glow dimly shrouded in an aura as he began to fly upwards before stopping as he hovered just a head above Masami's own height. "Light is pretty cool, its got some nuanced uses, but overall its about getting creative with it. Yeah you're right there is more to it than bombastic explosions or raw strength. Its just a matter of figuring out which is the right style for you, nuanced manipulation, or raw output that rivals that of the sun."

Kabu

Into the Light

Post by Kabu » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:16 pm

Masami silently listened to Fanho's explanations, simply nodding along every now and again as she took in the information being given to her, though she couldn't help a light squeal, a light blush crossing her face in embarrassment at the noise she had just made, and eyes growing wide as the lights suddenly went out only to come back on just mere moments later. "That was surprising." she quietly spoke to herself. It seemed that Hiton could not only create light, but it could also actively control what was already present as well. It was a truly versatile element to be sure, a fact doubly confirmed as Fanho even used it to lift himself several feet off the ground. Though at that point she frowned, a long suppressed thought coming to mind.

"I wonder if I'm really capable of utilizing an element like this to its fullest." she suddenly spoke out once allowed a chance, taking the chance now to speak her mind about the doubts she had been having regarding the powers that weren't really her own. She had kept it bottled up for so long and now she was just letting it loose. Why? Well, it finally seemed like an appropriate time. "Now knowing all that I do, I realize now more than ever that I'm making use of abilities that I don't really understand or even feel like I deserve just because of some beast being sealed inside me." she continued, pausing as she sighed.

"I'm still not sure why I was even chosen."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”