[Graded]Just the Two of Us

[closed] Kabu and Kat

Kabu

[Graded]Just the Two of Us

Post by Kabu » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Masami couldn't begin to think of the last time that she and Aina had spent any amount of time together, alone with just the two of them at least. It seemed that there was always something to interrupt but today was going to be different. Today she was determined to spend some quality time with her best friend and so, with it being just a little after 10 am she was currently headed through town to grab Aina for their time out, practically going at a mad dash, both out of excitement and an urge to get there as soon as possible. Luckily for her it was still early enough that the main streets weren't quite bustling so there was no real worry about bumping into anyone but she did notice the few folks lingering about giving her a strange look, not that she really cared.

Soon enough she arrived at her destination and knocked on the door, hoping that her plans weren't for naught. She was dropping by unannounced after all, but with any luck it would end up working out.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Just the Two of Us

Post by Willoria » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:58 pm

"I already said no. You've been spending a lot of time with that boy lately." Aina was in the kitchen, grabbing herself a cup of water, and her adopted daughter Hanako was at the breakfast bar style counter frowning at her. "You're always off with your team, or that boy, and you need to spend some time here too. I want you to stay here at the house today. At the least you need to get your chores done, but your brother and sister need time with you too." Aina paused to take a drink of her water, hardly listening as Hanako complained at her. But she heard a knock at the door and simply strode away to get it. Of course behind her Hanako was pouting, crossing her arms under her chest in childish fashion, but Aina ignored her.

As she opened the door and saw her friend, she grinned. She set the cup of water on a hall table and quickly pulled Masami into a hug. It wasn't something she normally did, but it had been so long even she couldn't resist. "Seems like forever since I've seen you!" she exclaimed, grinning at the woman in front of her. "Been keeping busy I take it?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

Just the Two of Us

Post by Kabu » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:22 pm

Happy as she was to be met with such affection, Masami couldn't help but let out a surprised squeal as just as soon as the door opened she was pulled into a hug, a hug that she of course gladly returned, a smile forming once her initial surprise had worn off. "Yeah, It's been crazy. I've been training like hell and the missions have been getting harder and more frequent as well. I really meant to come by sooner but I could never find the time. It's just been one thing after another. I'm really happy to finally be here now." she responded to the inquiry with a sheepish smile. It was true. In some ways she was absolutely exhausted, but it was in these moments that that seemed so very far away.

"So how have things been around here? I imagine you've been keeping busy yourself with several kids and Takeo to look after?" she asked in return, trailing off as she noticed the pouting Hanako, head tilted in mild confusion. "And what's wrong with Hanako? I've never seen her pout like this before." she added. Of course she was going to go through with her original plan but for now she could wait on that. She was really curious about what was going on here.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Just the Two of Us

Post by Willoria » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:28 pm

Aina motioned Masami inside and shut the door behind her, turning to glance at Hanako as Masami asked about her and the Bannin smirked. "She met a boy, insists its not what I think and yet if she isn't training with her genin team, she's with him so she's mad I told her she gets to stay home and spend time with the twins today." she replied, grinning as Hanako turned as if to storm off. Yet as if on cue a pair of three year olds came careening around the corner and grabbed onto either of Hanako's legs, taking her down to the ground with a squeal.

Aina snorted a laugh before she managed to cover her mouth and look at Masami. "Thirsty for anything?" she asked, leading the way around the dog pile of children and into the kitchen. "Those two are quite the handful... its a bit crazy."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

Just the Two of Us

Post by Kabu » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:57 pm

"She found a boy huh? I wouldn't have thought it possible when I last saw her but I supposed that anything's possible really." Masami mused aloud as she was led into the house, giving the girl in question a small smile even as she went to storm off, only to be stopped in her tracks by a pair of three year olds, masami unable to hold back a laugh as she watched the trio fall to the ground in a dog pile. "I'm glad to see that the twins are so full of energy." she said, still chuckling as she was led around the kids and into the kitchen.

"Ah, no thanks." she said shaking her head in response to being asked if she was thirsty. Now was the perfect chance to say what she had been intending to. "Actually.. I didn't come here to just visit." she began, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I was wanting to spend some time out on the town, just the two of us. Just like the old days." she finished, looking Aina directly in the eye the entire time she spoke.

"Well, what do you say?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Just the Two of Us

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:43 pm

Aina snorted as Masami reacted to news about the boy. "Oh thats the best part." she replied. "She claims its not like that at all. Rather they're just friends, and so on and so forth..." As they got to the kitchen she watched as the kids slowly wandered off and smirked at her friend. "And yet she's taken him camping with her already apparently... alone." She shook her head and sighed. "I haven't told Takeo that part yet, not sure how to yet. I trust her not to be doing anything with this boy yet, but I don't think she realizes her own feelings for him yet... its pretty amusing."

As Aina moved between cabinets and the like though, debating tea, she paused as Masami approached the subject she had come to discuss and Aina looked at her a moment. "Ya know what? That sounds like fun to me." she replied. "Hanako has the twins for the day, so why not."

Kabu

Just the Two of Us

Post by Kabu » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:10 pm

As confident as she had been on the way over, some part of her had been prepared to be turned down, so when Aina so quickly responded in the affirmative she couldn't help but feel a sense of relief, eyes practically lighting up in joy as she smiled. It was a show of emotion that few got to see but still she was feeling strangely happy over such a simple thing and so couldn't help it. "Goodie. We're going to have a great time." she responded, very clearly showing a side of herself that only a select few, Aina among them, would get to see, and very very rarely even then.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Just the Two of Us

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Aina couldn't help a grin, seeing Masami happy to see her accept. She knew her friend could still be a lil shy, even around her. Even without asking she was sure Masami had agonized over asking her to spend time with her, even though it really had been a long while. And honestly? Aina knew she more than owed it to her. "So what did you have in mind?" she asked, a bit of a sly smirk on her face. From what she also knew of her friend, she knew it was entirely possible the girl may not have actually planned anything. If that were the case, Aina herself of course had some ideas already.

But honestly the main thing Aina was thinking about was simply getting to know her friend more. They had spent so little time together that she had no idea how much stronger Masami might have gotten, or if she were seeing anyone. Her own life had been sucked up in a whirlwind as of late, who knew how much had changed with Masami?

Kabu

Just the Two of Us

Post by Kabu » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:50 pm

"I uh... In truth I didn't make any actual plans. Even as I ran through town on the way over here I was too busy agonizing over even getting this far." Masami said, laughing sheepishly in response to the question that had been asked of her. "I was just thinking that we would make it up as we went along unless you have any ideas." She was a bit ashamed to be relying on Aina for ideas when she had been the one to ask her out but this was the way it had been since they were young and it didn't seem to be changing anytime soon. Plus, she knew deep down that if there was one thing that she knew about her best friend, it was that she could be counted on to work out a plan of action for these kinds of scenarios.

Really though, she didn't particularly care about what they did or how they did it so long as her goal of spending time together could be achieved. As long as they could do that much.. she would be content.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Just the Two of Us

Post by Willoria » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:24 am

Aina of course grinned as Masami admitted exactly what she had suspected. She chuckled to herself and feigned as if she had to think hard before walking over and looping one of Masami's arms with her own. "Oh I have ideas." she said, leading the way out the front door. Of course in the past when Aina acted like this around Masami it usually meant things might get awkward or they might even get in trouble. But surely now that they were adults and Aina had a family that would change... right? Aina led the way out the front door and down the steps, making their way along the path before she released Masami's arm and walked more normally with her hands thrust into her pockets.

"You know, this is so weird." she admitted aloud, chuckling quietly to herself. "I never imagined myself the family sort... yet now I'm with the man who is the Hokage himself..." She grinned and looked at Masami a moment. "Honestly I think some part of me thought you and I would feign dating for awhile just to piss off my family."

Kabu

Just the Two of Us

Post by Kabu » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Masami couldn't help a surprised squeak as Aina linked their arms and led the way out the front door. It was good that her intuition was spot on and that Aina seemed to have gotten an idea.. but what did she have planned? In the past Aina acting like this had usually meant she had something troublesome in mind, something ending with either embarrassment or the pair getting in some form of trouble. In a way she was starting to become incredibly nervous.. But surely all that was in the past right? Right? Somehow she doubted that.

Soon however they were on their way and their arms separated, Masami quietly listening in as Aina suddenly spoke, occasionally nodding in agreement. In a lot of ways it was still hard for her to believe that all that had happened in the last several years had been real, including either of them getting a family, and yet here they were, and that was a good thing.

She was about to speak up and respond when Aina looked over to her, her mouth closing and cheeks going beet red at the next thing the woman had to say. "Wha wha wha... I... The thought may have crossed my mind at some point in the past. She mumbled the last part to herself. She had never been good with these situations, and it seemed that that hadn't changed either.

"So! Mind sharing what it is that you have planned? Where are we going?" she asked, mostly out of genuine curiosity (and nervousness at what she may end up facing) but also to try and have a chance to change the conversation.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Just the Two of Us

Post by Willoria » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:43 pm

"You know I have a friend in Suna who apparently has quite the crush on me I hear... I should introduce you two." Aina teased, winking at her friend as they walked. She couldn't help a laugh at Masami's expense of course, her response to her off the wall comment being just about exactly what she had pictured it would be. She led the way along the path, down towards a market area and shrugged. "No plans, just thought I'd see what would come to me." she remarked, stopping at a small stand for some treat or other, offering one to Masami.

"You know what we really haven't talked about in awhile?" she asked, nibbling on her dango as she thought it over. "You. Boys. Or girls. Anything. So tell me... anything fun popping up in that department?" she asked, smirking almost playfully as she waited for her friend's answer.

Kabu

Just the Two of Us

Post by Kabu » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:42 pm

"Hmm?" Masami took a dango stick and bit one off, taking the opportunity to gather her thoughts on the unexpected question posed to her. "Honestly? Not really. I haven't found myself particularly interested in any of the men around me. Even spent some time with Gene at the hot springs and didn't feel a thing aside from embarrassment. Though, I gotta say. I've been spending a lot of time learning medical techniques and have taken notice of some very pretty girls. Honestly starting to think I've just been batting for the other team and haven't realized it at all." she said, her still present blush deepening as she finally noticed the smirk on her friend's face, realizing now that she must have just said some truly embarrassing things.

"I.. uh.." she stuttered, trying to find some way to maneuver the conversation and coming up with nothing even as she looked around for a distraction, not much really catching her eye.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Just the Two of Us

Post by Willoria » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Aina led the way along as they kept walking with their dango, and the girl nibbled on her own as her friend answered. Truth be told she wasn't all that surprised at what Masami said and couldn't help a chuckle. "Honestly Masami, we've known each other since we were genin. You really going to get embarrassed about something I guessed about you a long time ago?" she teased, sticking her tongue out at her friend. "Now that you've finally realized it maybe I can introduce you to people... you know my friend from Suna swings that way right?" she added with a chuckle.

As Aina walked along it'd become more and more clear where they were going. It was a small all women's spa sort of place. Inside was a natural hotspring, but the people there also served some of the best food in Konoha. As of late, Aina herself had been considering becoming more than a customer, she was honestly debating offering to help with funds as she had heard they were looking for a new partner.

Kabu

Just the Two of Us

Post by Kabu » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:59 am

"Hehe, I guess it is a bit silly when you put it like that." Masami responded to Aina's remarks, sheepishly scratching her cheek as she thought about the latter part of her friend's comments. Introducing her to people? Well... she was a bit nervous at the prospect but that aside, it honestly didn't seem too bad. "Ya know what? If you're willing, that sounds fantastic. It's taken far too long for me to realize such a simple thing, but now that I have, I somehow feel so much freer. I still don't know how ready I am to fully embrace it but I'm at least ready to start exploring. And speaking of, what's that friend of yours like, eh?" she added, seeming to be perking up as the embarrassed blush began to fade, though a slight red tinge remained, and her lips turned up into a sly smile as she turned to questioning her friend. She did also wonder just when exactly Aina had begun to realize it, but right now at least it didn't feel entirely appropriate to ask about, and it seemed there would be plenty of time for that later given their fast approaching destination, her head tilting as she took in the sight. She had to admit she was a little bit surprised at the sight she saw, but it was a very pleasant surprise, definitely much better than anything she may have came up with.

"Well, this is shaping up to be quite a wonderful day indeed."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Just the Two of Us

Post by Willoria » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Aina thought about how to describe Kiyori exactly and after a moment just shrugged. "Very energetic sort... a lot of tattoos and some odd abilities herself." she remarked, thinking it over. "I was kinda dense last time she was here and didn't realize she had an interest in me, it was kinda funny really. Pretty sure your cousin Kazuo picked up on it because I remember him sniffing the air around us and laughing more than once... of course he never told me." She shrugged again, realizing she wasn't sure what to say. "Honestly the only thing I noticed that most people probably wouldn't is she always seems oddly warm. Every time she tried to hug me she just radiated a heat that felt like she just stepped out of the desert."

As they walked along it became more clear where they were going, and Aina smiled at the sight of the bathhouse up ahead. She hadn't been in awhile and was really looking forward to it. She'd lead the way inside and pay at the front desk before the two women were led to a locker room of sorts and each handed a key. Once in there, Aina opened the locker assigned to her and began to undress, setting each item carefully in the locker before retrieving the robe that already hung in it and tying it around herself. "So how are things between you and... him at this point? We haven't talked about that in awhile either." Aina knew the spirit well from his time in Minoru, but she and Masami had barely spoken of it since he was sealed in her. Honestly it still terrified Aina, after seeing how bad it had been for Minoru. But her friend showed none of the same signs, and in all honesty if it weren't for the horns Aina might have forgotten entirely about the sealing.

Kabu

Just the Two of Us

Post by Kabu » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:27 am

Masami couldn't help but chuckle as she listened to Aina speak about the other girl she had met, silently following alongside her into the building they had been headed towards. "She seems like an interesting woman. I can't wait to get a chance to meet her firsthand." she responded, falling silent as Aina paid for the pair of them and they were led into the locker rooms, each being handed a key on arrival. Upon receiving the key, Masami turned towards her own locker and began to undress, silently wondering to herself if they had done anything like this together in the past. It didn't seem like they had so really that made this outing very special in its own way.

She had just finished undressing and was reaching for the robe that hung in her locker when Aina asked a very serious question of her, one concerning the spirit sealed within her. It really had been quite a while since they had last talked about it. Frankly, she was a bit surprised that Aina had brought it up on her own, as Masami knew very well that her old friend had been, and likely still was, absolutely terrified of the whole ordeal. It made her glad though. Now she would have the opportunity to try and put those worries to rest, or at least maybe ease them a bit. "Well, It's been going very well. And I don't think we have anything to worry about anymore." she began, tying the robe around herself as she took a moment to gather her thoughts. "I think I've finally convinced him of whose in charge. After that last incident I trained my butt off and eventually.. well, I can't really describe the feeling but it was like I had beaten him into submission and gained complete control over both his power and my own mind space. He's much too proud to admit that he's been beaten though. Whenever I ask him about what it all actually means, he just grumbles and refuses to answer." she concluded, having spoken all the while with complete certainty and confidence. And now she had turned to face directly towards her old friend, looking for some reaction as she waited for a response. She had to wonder.. just what was going through her friend's mind right now?
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Just the Two of Us

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:43 pm

Aina pulled the robe around herself as she listened to Masami speak of Aturasu. She tied it off on the side of her hip and closed the locker with her things safely inside. Honestly everything Masami said didn't really comfort her much. Even now she could still see Minoru in that hospital bed, she could see the way he had tried to attack her once, and also times when he had saved her. Briefly her hand touched her neck where a thin line scar, barely visible anymore, wrapped around. She looked at Masami and realized her friend was watching her, waiting. "Sounds like you have him beaten down." she remarked, turning and leading the way through the locker room to the doors that would open up into the hotspring itself. "I'd be careful trusting that though... have you tried working alongside him, as partners? I'm not as knowledgeable as you at this point, but beaten down seems like something waiting to explode to me." she shrugged as she suddenly remembered the night she had struck Zakuro. "Kinda like my temper I guess."

She made her way to the edge of the water and dropped her robe there, stepping into the water slowly to adjust to the heat. A moment later though she was sitting on one of the ledges under the water, leaning back against the stone that surrounded it and trying to relax, her eyes closed. "I'm actually working on a few things now that might allow me to help you with him in the future. I'm not sure if I'll be able to communicate with him directly, but I should be able to at least help you if things ever do go bad again." She opened her eyes suddenly and looked at Masami. "Not that I'm saying it will, I have the utmost faith in you, Masami. You know I'm just bad at leaving you in a fight alone."

Kabu

Just the Two of Us

Post by Kabu » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:21 am

"It's not that I haven't thought of working as a team, but I'm not really sure how. At the time I was really scared, I started to think that maybe the only way to get anywhere was to assert my dominance. I really feel bad about it but I'm not sure what I can do at this point." Masami responded to Aina's remarks, following her out of the locker room and into the hot springs, head tilted as she puzzled over why Aina had mentioned her temper. It was weird. She knew her friend could be temperamental but at that moment Aina had seemed almost bothered by it... Had something happened? Surely it was nothing big, but even so did she want to bring it up? No, now didn't seem like a particularly good time. She would have plenty of chances to ask later, and there was some chance Aina would bring it up on her own accord so for now at least she knew she shouldn't worry.

Shaking that thought from her mind she made her way to the edge of the water and dropped her robe, at first dipping a toe in to test the water before sliding in herself, letting out a relieved sigh as she descended into the warm water, settling in just in time for her to hear Aina speak once more, a smile coming to her face at the thought of the work that Aina must have been putting in. It was moments like this that really reminded her of just how strong their bond really was. "I know that all too well, and I wouldn't want it any other way. It really means a lot to me."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”