A Shadow on the sun

Awai Uta's Anbu Recruitment.

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

A Shadow on the sun

Post by Legacy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:57 am

Prelude

It had rained the day he'd met her; poured down as though the heavens themselves were crying about something and yet, despite even that fact Gene couldn't let go of the way she'd looked at him with those vibrant jade orbs of hers. Yes...he remembered, remembered feeling the uncomfortable familiarity of what it meant to be truly exposed and under a microscope. How was it, he wondered, that on a day like today when all seemed affected by the gloom she could remain...

so perfect.
"Doesn't look like it's going to stop coming down any time soon," Gene grumbled. He hated the rain, it reminded him of the day that Konoha had lost one of its promising young prospects & more closer to home, it reminded him of his mother. With a hand pressed up against porcelain colored walls Gene breathed with the slow deliberation of a man twice his age and observed from the second floor window of his home as the rain continued to soak Konoha's cobbled streets. A weary affair for sure but one that neither he nor anyone on the planet could control even if they wanted to; after all, no man walking possessed such power. Or so he would have liked to believe. A sigh escaped him and before Gene realized what he'd been doing the young man was sitting down in an uncomfortable black chair holding a small carton of cigarettes in his hand, a tap once to free one of its container and then --- a knock at the door. He didn't have to look to figure out who it was, it was always the same person.

"What is it now?" He asked from his chair with eyes still fixed to the carton. Soon, a voice answered out from somewhere in the room and Gene fought back another groan. He never understood why they even bothered with knocking if they were just going to break into the place; more importantly, he'd already updated his security four times this month alone -- clearly his efforts were pointless. "Smoking is a bad habit, you know?" Another groan, this time unrestrained. "I don't smoke," Gene replied and was meant with a quick "and the carton in your hands?" Gene was starting not to like how much attention to detail that the Anbu payed to him. Then again, that was their job. No matter what he did or where he went for as long as he were next in line to be Commander they would always be watching. "Just a research tool for developing a new style of jutsu," Gene replied. He'd only half way lied because he HAD been trying to study into making techniques from Ash, he just wasn't using the Carton of cigarettes to do it. Sensing his growing irritation the nameless, faceless Anbu operative tossed a file that landed square on Gene's desk and released a closed mouth noise that Gene recognized as a snarky rebuttal. They knew not to question him after the last person failed to get the memo; for that at least, he was grateful.

Gene didn't reply. There was no point. He'd known that the operative was already gone and the only reason that they'd announced themself at all was because of who Gene was and what he represented...and what he would do if they hadn't. Young as he was Gene wasn't known for being particularly kind to anyone foolhardy enough to get on his bad side which - unfortunately for those of Anbu, carried a much heavier price than those he called colleagues during the day. No one would scold him for breaking an arm or two of a nameless Shinobi. Especially when he possessed the capability to mend those injuries. Still, whatever inclination that Gene had for the carton in his hand was gone now and as his focus shifted to the file, he'd tossed the box aside and forgot about it entirely. "Oh..now this is surprising. Never would have thought I'd be heading back there again." He glanced up at the sound of booming thunder rattling his window and then sighed again, "especially not under these circumstances. I'm going to need an umbrella."

Throwing on his white Buntaicho Robe as though it were just another article of clothing Gene threw up the hood and then glanced over to the umbrella sitting slanted by the doorway, then he looked down at the cloak and finally outside again. A sigh slipped from behind the mask and when lightning flashed outside and into the darkened room the ghostly figure that had been standing perplexed dead center amidst a bed, desk and other things, was nowhere to be found.

It was almost as if he'd simply...vanished. When next the cloaked man appeared it would be to venture into the Awai compound. Of course, he didn't just walk right through the front steps to the place; no, Uoza was a man who didn't care for wasting time nor the time of others. He could not be bothered to explain to any prying eyes why an Anbu operative had been there nor did he wish to do so. For that reason among others, He'd entered the compound from underground and eventually got around to sending a Shadow clone to knock on the front door of one Awai Uta while he had his fun breaking into her establishment silently and quickly through a window. Any woman would say that a man should never enter her home unless invited but in the case of the Anbu black ops, they were always invited...the people just didn't realize it.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Souschi

A Shadow on the sun

Post by Souschi » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:02 pm

A sudden knock awoke the sleeping girl, adjusting her eye's to her dark surrounding; was it part of her imagination? Irritably, Uta merely attempted to rest once again as she succumbed to her groggy state. Again the consistent knocking echoed throughout her complex, this time she knew it wasn't her imagination as she decided to deal with the nuisance. Both of her palms stretched across her eye's, rubbing them gently while she mumbled to herself. Having most the outdoor light absorbed by lead blind's, it was difficult for Uta to comprehend what time of day it may be from indoors.

"Who has the right mind to be knocking at someone's door at this ho-"

Uta paused, adjusting to her environment once again; the thrashing against her door seeming to grow louder. She stood to her feet, rustling through her backpack lying to the side of her bed. Such a disturbance at this time of night had to be taken seriously, it was out of the ordinary for an occurrence like now to be happening for the Awai. Uta grasped onto one of her Kunai's, twirling it while the blade flicked backwards; preparing to knuckle dust whoever the hell it was.

"Enough's enough, It's time to deal with this asshole... Hopefully this is going to be worth the sleep."

Silently as possible, Uta crept through the hallway of her complex as she tried to make no sudden movements. However... The knocking seemed to have stopped before she could even the front-room vicinity. Did the person decide to leave? Maybe they picked up on the girl's location inside, inevitably; Uta's resolve was made the moment she left the comfort of her bed. Having lead blind's which concealed most the light from outdoor's instantly became a disadvantage, incapable of making out anything precisely without flicking a light on.

"Why am I being so paranoid? I'm sure in hell I'd know if someone snuck in..."

She chucked to herself quietly, peering into the eye-hole of her front door. A figure of a man stood on the other side emotionless, merely glaring towards the direction of the door. Uta wasn't certain whether or not if she had seen this man before, at most though she knew best to keep her distance and cool with the stranger. The girl cleared her throat; adjusting the pitch of her voice higher to resemble one of a child's.

"'Uhmm... S-sorry, I'm not allowed to open the door for strangers.... My Papa's trying to sleep and my Mamma's at the store, please come back later Mister!"

She'd shout from the inside, awaiting for a response from the man. Moment's passed as Uta positioned herself behind the door, resting her legs into a stance as both fists tensed before her chest. However, there wasn't a single noise nor movement; the figure continued to stand there similar to that of a statue. Red flag's were going off left and right, Uta deciding to evacuate back to her room for better coverage. Clearly the decision proved to be a dire mistake as she locked eye's with the very same man she seen moments ago, standing outside of her very apartment. In an instance, she motioned him towards her in a taunting gesture grinning ear to ear. Again, she'd manipulate the pitch of her voice back to normal to address the man directly.

"Listen god dammit, I don't know what the hell is going on however if you're taking measure's to sneak into my complex... You must have some kind of motive directed with me; care to explain? Or is this going to turn into a physical altercation."

Legacy

A Shadow on the sun

Post by Legacy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Another crash of violent thunder boomed, hardly muffled by the walls of Uta's apartment though the Shadow clone standing erect at her door didn't seem to mind. In fact, the ghostly cloak that wrapped around the figure in addition to the snow white mask stylized with blue paint almost made the being look like some sort of demon in the night - a fact that Gene had grown particularly fond of in recent months due to the...psychological effects the visage imposed upon those who were unfamiliar with the age old custom of the Anbu sect. However, Shadow clone or not there was no hiding the figures seemingly rising irritation as each knock grew louder, fiercer and more blatant with each moment spent out in the cold & stormy night. It would be a real drag if I came all this way for her to not be home, it is the weekend after all. A grim thought entered the Shadow clone's mind and before it could settle in on the idea a voice rang from the other end of the door, a woman's voice; Awai, Uta.

From the outside, Gene would have had a much harder time identifying the woman if she'd simply opted to remain quiet and observe from the safety and shadow of what darkness enveloped her living room but when she spoke to him he could hear the disingenuousness in her logic. It was already the dead of night and not to mention pouring down fiercely with no sign of coming to a halt any time soon; if her parents truly were out, chances were they were not going to be returning any time soon or rather, they would have already turned in for the night. From the inside, a masked man simply shook his head from the darkness and stood in the doorway of her room with his arms folded over one another. It was always funny, he thought, how someone acted when placed in a situation of mild uncertainty. Did she think that the Kunai in her hand would protect her from him? Hadn't she felt his presence creeping through the shadows when she answered the door? For a while until the woman had finally decided to turn away from the door and head back for her room, Gene's mind entertained a plethora of dismal thoughts that - while saddening, brought him a certain sense of ironic humor.

Always in times like these he felt as though time were no longer a prison and the moments seemed to last forever. How long had he been standing there waiting, watching? Finally, after he could no longer ponder the question the masked man answered. "Why did you lie?"
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Souschi

A Shadow on the sun

Post by Souschi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:29 am

His word's rung clearly through the girl's ears, questioning Uta's previous attempt to discourage the man's presence. Both of them peered at one another, the Awai's eyes completely adjusted to her new atmosphere. Although her pitiful stance of defense could be shrugged off by many, she still had a major advantage to her disposal; both of them were still glaring eye to eye. At least, that's what Uta believed. The robed; masked man couldn't be distinguished, clearly attempting to mask their identity. If lady luck were on her side however, she'd be capable of using numerous Genjutsu in order to gain the upper-hand. Coming to such a realization, Uta decided to prolong a discussion between the two of them; curiosity pondering in her head to why a stranger was standing meters away in her bedroom.

"You'd like to know, wouldn't you? It's a little funny you'd respond to my question with another question... Quit the bullshit, I don't have time for games. "

Weaving a quick few handseals, Uta's Kunai began to radiate a bright jade light; Hiton infusing into the weapon. Being in such a dark atmosphere, she decided to try to manipulate the senses of the stranger before him. As sudden as her handseals were; the Awai released the Chakra fluctuating throughout the Kunai causing it to burst a bright warm light. With one eye closed, the other was still vulnerable to the blinding ability of her technique. All of this procedure occurred in mere seconds, having a substantial amount of control and knowledge for such a basic technique

"Whoops! Too much Chakra! I was only trying to light up the place a little..."

Still glancing towards the stranger's direction, Uta let out a little giggle as she winked at him; praying that they'd be making eye contact through his mask. Unless he was using a Sensory based Technique; she couldn't see how else he'd be able to notice her physical presence. If her simple attempt proved successful, Uta could easily initiate a sight-based Genjutsu primarily based on manipulating fear. Of course, initiating this technique at this point in time was merely last case scenario. Although Uta continued to test her curiosity with the individual in her presence, she was no fool. Having knowledge of Clones, the stranger clearly knew Ninjutsu of some degree; caution was more than necessary in order to continue approaching him.

"What; I don't even get a name? I'm sure you understand my hostility, being awoken by a stranger in my own premise. I assume if you wished to injure me, it would've been when I was distracted with your Clone.... Correct? Let's talk. I'm not quite satisfied with the situation please spare the minor details."

Legacy

A Shadow on the sun

Post by Legacy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:36 pm

Studying the woman closely, Gene surmised that she would become troublesome if left with too much freedom. He could see it in the way she stared at him and in her posture; a kind of defiance befitting a poodle or a cub, cute but bothersome. No sooner had her hands moved to begin forming seals were Gene's fingertips pressed up against the two medium sized Fuinjutsu inscriptions on the underside of his wrist guards. Since his arms were already folded at the time, transitioning from that position part way up his ars had been a breeze. Blitzing through in the darkness only to be momentarily illuminated by brightness as they traveled, were three Shuriken. Two of the Shuriken were aimed for the woman's hands - if possible, Gene would attempt to limit her ability to weave signs in the future by damaging her hands. Meanwhile, the third Shuriken had been deliberately aimed for the woman's chest.

What Gene imagined would was that she might dodge and that his Shuriken would all smash against the door breaking the lock which would allow for his Shadow clone to enter. However, if she were struck by the Shuriken then none of the wounds even the chest shot would prove to be fatal. Painful...quite so. But not fatal. Gene's hand was steady and he needed to see just how strong the woman was if he were going to recruit her. "You become much more talkative when being called a liar, interesting."
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”