Sowing the seeds of the future

Vita & Kat

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:17 pm

That one looks like... a tiger

That one looks like... a cloud.

The young kunoichi snapped out of her trance, sitting up and once again taking in her surroundings. The morning dew that had coated the grass when she'd arrived there in the morning was long gone, and the pinkish-red sky had been replaced by a clear blue with just enough of an overcast to keep the sun from really bearing down on her. She'd lost track of time, but she estimated that she had probably been sitting there for about 2 hours.

Arrive early! she recalled her father telling her, at the same time also regretting not asking for a little more clarity. She wasn't sure who she was supposed to meet there, or what exactly she'd be doing, but he had assured her it was for the best. A huge step up..., she'd recalled him saying, continuing on with his habit of being needlessly vague. "Why does he have to be so cryptic all the time?" she thought out loud.

She ran her fingers through the short cut grass while once again trying to soak in her surroundings. The architecture was sleek and simple, but there seemed to be a beauty in it, and she could almost hear the history in the walls. The Hyuuga clan complex was a place that was still alien to her, and although part of it was hers by right of blood, she still felt out of place. There was so much to being part of the clan... so many traditions, so many techniques and skills to learn, and so much history to live up too. It was a unique inner conflict she pondered daily. Why did she care so much about earning her place in a clan that she cared little for?

Bothered with her train of thought, Hinoiri shrugged it off, once again laying down in the soft grass and staring up at the clouds. These thoughts would have to wait, as she had more pressing matters to see too. At least she would very shortly, she hoped.
Hyuuga HinoiriGenin - Konohagakure
Nagatomo KenC-rank Samurai - Land of Miracles

RIPShow
Ote Takihime - Genin - Kumogakure no Sato

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:25 pm

It was strange now that she was a Bannin. Most of Hyuuga Aina's life she had been an outsider to her own clan, intentionally doing things to make herself appear different, refusing to act 'proper' by clan standards. It had led to a mockery of her, her mother couldn't even find a good arranged match for her when she came of age. The invasion had simply cemented it all as she was blamed for the death of their clan leader and later when it was heard she was strong enough to be considered for the position herself, they started calling her 'The Usurper' to further mock her. Yet now she was a Bannin, even without holding any leadership position in the clan, her rank gave her a form of leadership in and of itself. Her goal had finally been reached, no matter what her clanmates thought of her they couldn't argue with her strength and abilities, both with their clan techniques and otherwise.

Even more recently she had found a better way to cope with her own temper, a healthy outlet as it were, or at least one that worked for her as a shinobi. More than once now she had been asked about tutoring students privately, especially those from her clan. The surprise was finally wearing off, though it had become rare for Aina to simply take on a student. She often met with them once or twice, and then once they had their teams or were assigned someone else. She didn't mind it really, having her own children to look after now. But as a Bannin she was reminded constantly now that she had once been assistant to a Bannin, to Tei Kawa before he died. Perhaps it was time to keep an eye out for an upcoming talent to take more of an interest in herself?

She buried the thought for now, making her way to an open area where she had been asked to meet with another young Hyuuga whom she had been asked to meet. A genin who already showed considerable talent with the clan's Jyuuken. Aina made her way with her hands in her pockets, and her hair pulled back in a single braid. As always she had two piercings in her ear lobes with black studs, three up the cartilage of either ear, her two snake bite piercings under her lower lip and a single eyebrow piercing above her left eye. The piercings set her apart from her clan the most, as well as the black flack vest with Konoha and Mamorinuku symbols on the back. She walked as quietly as she could, pausing as she noticed the young Hyuuga ahead laying in the grass. "You must be Hinoiri."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:55 pm

Hinoiri's ears perked up at the sound of her name, her heart seemingly skipping a beat in surprise and excitement. She quickly jumped to her feet, dusting herself off in a frantic manner, worried about what first impression she'd make. Sure, she'd been sitting there for hours, but how would they know that? For all anybody knew, she could just be some lazy kid being forced to do yet another training session. She wanted to make sure that anybody watching knew that couldn't be further from the truth.

Hinoiri finally looked up at her prospective teacher, and began to walk towards her. No sooner did her foot touch the ground was she left frozen in awe, her mouth slightly agape in as a result from the gravity of the moment.

In her short ninja career, Hinoiri had been lucky enough to have a few short interactions with some of Konoha's greatest, including the Hokage himself, but there was none that she held in a higher regard than the woman who now stood before her. Hinoiri had heard both the stories and the whispers, and even caught a few glances from a distance, but now, here she was. Hyuuga Aina, mighty Bannin of Konohagakure, the strongest kunoichi of- hell, the stongest overall ninja of the Hyuuga clan. Calling her name. Calling her name!

Gathering her emotions as best she could, Hinoiri popped to attention, too intimidated to make direct eye contact. She gave the traditional bow with an open hand over closed fist. Looking down at her ever so slightly wobbly knees only helped to magnify the waves of emotion she was feeling."YES-" she practically screamed, pausing to clear her throat and further gather her thoughts and emotions. "Yes I am, ma'am. I know who you are, Master Aina. Thank you for taking the time to meet me here!"

RIPShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Aina stood a short distance from the girl, hands in her pockets, as she watched her process what was happening and honestly couldn't help a small smirk. It felt good to see such excitement at her presence, after so long of being a pariah in her own clan. 'Maybe this is a good time to actually consider leading this clan...' she thought to herself momentarily, chuckling at the girl before her. "You're welcome, and you can just call me Aina... I've never been very good with the formalities." she replied, watching the girl try to get herself under control. Honestly for a moment it made her wonder, had she ever been so excited to meet someone renowned? 'I guess I'm odd in that regard... Kawa threw me out a window so I was never that chipper... even Takeo, first time I met him I had a fight with him in the middle of the village... and Yoru, so well known before I made it up the ranks, I kicked him in the nuts more times than I can count... pretty sure most dreaded meeting me.'

The memories in her line of thought of course brought an odd mischievous twinkle to her white eyes but she kept them focused on Hinoiri. "Your father speaks very highly of you." she remarked finally. "And when I started asking after members of the younger generation of shinobi in our clan, your name came up every time. Why don't you tell me about yourself, Hinoiri?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Hinoiri looked up at the woman, her eyes grazing over every facet of Aina. Even without enhanced vision Hinoiri felt as if she could see every pore on the woman's face, every individual strand of hair. Her presence was so different, so commanding... everything Hinoiri wanted. She didn't want to follow the path of her clan, or even of the village or any other shinobi. She wanted to create her own, and in the process, become so strong, and so great, that everybody around her had no choice but to respect it.

The fact that people had already been taking about her gave Hinoiri some mixed emotions, but she was happy about it for the most part. She was doing something right. She wasn't exactly a pariah in the clan, but more of an afterthought. Somebody that was brought up for a few seconds at get togethers and then quickly forgotten about again.

"Well Mast-.... Aina. I just graduated from the Academy a few weeks ago. Um... I've only been training for a little over a year now, but I'm very skilled in the Gentle Fist. I guess you could say it's my specialty. Um..."

Hinoiri blushed, rubbing her left arm with her right hand in shy, awkward manner. "Truth be told, Mas.... um, Aina, I don't really know what to say. You're such an amazing shinobi, and amazing person, I feel like I'd just be burdening you with my boring life... and, um, I'm very grateful you're taking the time to teach me, and, um, I give you my word that I'll do my best AND I WON'T LET YOU DOWN!"

Hinoiri's faced turned even redder now, letting out an awkward chuckle after realizing the volume of her voice had once again sailed on her in excitement. As embarrassing as it was, she hoped it really showed Aina just how sincere she was.

RIPShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:06 pm

Once again Aina was chuckling at the girl's excitement. Honestly it was rather adorable to witness, not to mention the ego boost to Aina. She had been surrounded by her worries for so long concerning the village elders and their thoughts towards her, she had never really had a chance to find out what the younger generation thought of her. As she'd spent time with them more and more the last few days, she was finding most opinions to be positive. 'They know they don't have to be defined by the rigid laws of the clan anymore. Hopefully they know they can balance their own individuality with the requirements of the clan now...'

She was smirking by time the girl realized she was getting louder once more and had managed to calm herself. Aina watched her, still just enjoying her enthusiasm as she decided to throw another curveball at the girl before her. "Tell you what then, instead of me asking you about what you excel at, why don't you show me?" she asked, unzipping her black vest and discarding it to the side before dropping into a ready position. Seeing as under the vest the woman wore essentially a sports bra rather than a full shirt, this revealed the scars she bore. The thin line around her neck that had nearly faded along with the mark over her heart. All the more it showed off the jagged scar across her gut where she had nearly died in the invasion, a scar that would likely never fade fully.

"Come at me with everything you can, Hinoiri."

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:15 pm

Hinoiri's eyes widened at the proposition made by Aina. It terrified her, but in a way, it was exactly what Hinoiri wanted. A chance to prove herself.

As Aina discarded her vest, Hinoiri's eyes immediately became fixated on the scar that covered the woman's belly. From there, her eyes skimmed across the other scars that were strewn across the woman's body, of which there was more than she could count. Hinoiri already held Aina in such a high regard, and what she was now seeing only reaffirmed what she already knew. Hinoiri wanted what she had; the skills, the wisdom, and perhaps most importantly, the respect.

This is where she'd begin to earn it.

Hinoiri's adrenaline began to pump, as she also removed her jacket and tossed it to the side. She widened her stance just a little, placing her right leg in front of the other, readying her attack. In most situations, Hinoiri would play it slow and try to find an opening. Combat, even sparring in a controlled environment, was definitely her greatest weakness. Facing a ninja in a duel of equal skill level was difficult for her, let alone someone of Aina's capabilities. There was no point in waiting; she'd have to give it everything she had in one go.

Hinoiri formed a handsign that would be all too familiar to Aina. The veins around her eyes quickly bulged up, whatever color she did have quickly fading from her eyes, as her Byakugan's true abilities came into effect. Letting go of the hand seal, she held her palms out in front of her, forming a sort of a triangle with both hands. Focusing her chakra, the light blue aura began to materialize around her hands, before quickly erupting into 2 roaring lion heads. "Jyuuken - Twin Lion Fists!" she shouted, as she charged forward towards Aina, making the scar across her stomach her target as she'd aim to land a powerful palm strike directly on it.
Jutsu UsedShow
~Jyuuken :: Twin Lion Fists
C-rank Nintaijutsu Manoeuvre
After channelling chakra through their palms, the user covers their palms in casings resembling two roaring lions. For the next four posts, whenever the user strikes an opponent the lions will strike also, closing tenketsu points to cause -1 control until medical attention is found (To a Maximum of -3). The lions also extend an extra half a meter from the user's hands, increasing their reach.

Also, she activated her Byakugan.

RIPShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Having her Byakugan permanently active left Aina with a distinct advantage in this case. She was able to see not only Hinoiri's motions, but also the exact way her chakra built up. In a moment she could see her flawlessly move from a Byakugan technique to a nintai right out of the Jyuuken skillset. A crossover step was all it took for Aina to side step out of the way of the technique, hands folded behind her back as she watched the girl. She knew the girl would realize landing a blow was near impossible, the entire purpose behind Aina asking her to strike though was to see how seriously she would take the effort, and to see if she was as skilled of a genin as she had heard.

"Chakra formation is damn near perfect for the technique." she mused, eyes on the girl before her. "Your hand formations, the taijutsu is right as well." she added, analyzing everything her eyes could see. Naturally though there was a glaring weakness here. The girl was slow, and not just in comparison to Aina. "The next step in your training will need to be speed however." she remarked. "What good is a chakra balance, or your physical knowledge, if you can't land the blow? Even against a Genin you're going to have a hard time keeping up at that pace."

Aina tilted her head and looked at her a moment. "Training to become as good as you are takes dedication and sacrifice. You've dedicated yourself to nearly all of the right things, but its time for a shift in focus." she remarked. Her eyes tilted towards a nearby tree, indicating the girl should turn her eyes to it. The moment she was certain Hinoiri was watching the tree, Aina shot forward in a technique that was the culmination of Jyuuken. Though it would have no tenketsu to close, the impact of her strikes would cause the tree to break apart, one strike at a time, splintering off behind it until dust and debris only rose from the spot it stood once and Aina turned to smile at the girl.
Jutsu UsedShow
~Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs, Three-Hundred Sixty-One Palms of the Hand
S Rank NinTaijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: ~Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs, Two Hundred Fifty Six Palms of the Hand, 40 Control, 35 Instinct
Considered the most powerful technique within the Hyuuga clan, this technique is generally used as a last resort. Used in melee range, the clan member will shoot short bursts of chakra from their fingertips while striking all 361 of the opponent’s tenketsu. By closing every chakra point, the organs in the opponent’s body begin to rapidly shut down and using any chakra impossible as no chakra points would be open. With all 361 tenketsu closed, the opponent typically dies soon after the use of this technique. However, the user of this technique will be exhausted from using this technique afterwards (-3 Stamina). Such makes this a very dangerous technique to use, failure to take down the enemy possibly leading to death. The opponent can resist death if their stamina is 35 or higher, though they will likely faint due to the extreme amount of pain and chakra loss. If they have 40 or higher stamina, they can resist fainting and use taijutsu (ninjutsu and genjutsu being unusable). The sealing of the opponent's chakra will last for a maximum of ten full posts.

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:55 pm

As Hinoiri charged forward, Aina effortlessly sidestepped her attack. She knew her landing the technique was beyond impossible. Aina would have to be asleep, paralyzed, and probably heavily intoxicated for Hinoiri to even maybe have a chance at landing a clean strike. Still, Hinoiri was proud that she gave it her best effort. After all, it was the only thing she could control.

Hinoiri stopped her assault, letting the chakra dissipate from around her hands, as the bulging veins from around her eyes also retreated back into her skull, allowing her eyes to return to their normal shape and color. Despite the short use, Hinoiri could already feel the early rumblings of the oncoming strain. It was another weakness of hers, although to her credit, she had just barely started to train like a shinobi, at least in comparison to most of her peers. She'd heard of a few of the clan members being able to leave their Byakugan active, and from her early observations of Aina, she surmised she was one of these ninja. Yet one more ability she wished to gain from her newfound mentor.

Hinoiri listened keenly to the words of her senior. She felt a burst of joy as she heard Aina's initial compliments, and then a slight bit of embarrassment as she pointed out her most glaring weakness. Having her attention drawn to a nearby tree, Hinoiri barely had time to blink as the bannin darted forward and completely demolished the tree with a flurry of strikes. Hinoiri raised her arms to shield her eyes from the cloud of debris that was left in Aina's wake of destruction, lowering them as the dust settled.

As the elder ninja smiled at Hinoiri, it took some willpower to stop her jaw from literally dropping. "That... that's the fastest I've ever seen anybody move. I can't believe it... I can't believe that sort of speed is even possible."

Hinoiri clenched her fists, curling her arms ever so slightly. She was gushing with admiration. "Please, Master Aina, accept me as your student! Train me to be like you, do be able to do what you just did! I'll do whatever it takes!"[color]

RIPShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:17 pm

It took a lot not to let compliments go to her head, but her intended target of the tree did that for her. As Aina straightened, listening to the compliments of the younger shinobi, she felt the blood running down her right arm. At first she didn't even look at it, instead turning to look at Hinoiri. "That is what it is to be Bannin, Hinoiri-chan." she replied, finally looking at her right arm and the pieces of wood sticking out of it. The pain was almost negligable, but only because Aina had become accustomed to such wounds. "Even at my rank, sacrifices are made. I may be forced to make strikes that put me in a position to be hurt, as you can see." she motioned to the pieces of wood before yanking them out of her arm, one by one, and discarding them.

Once they were thrown to the side she let her arms rest at her sides and took steps towards the girl. "If I'm going to train you, I want you to understand the hardest lesson. We are not immortal, no matter what advances we make in chakra and ability. Something or someone will always be able to put an end to us, the life of a shinobi is sacrifice." As she spoke, the gashes in her arm seemed to glow faintly, a side effect of her Katon ability. In a few moments the wounds were seared shut as if burned and Aina crossed her arms over her chest.

"Tell me, what is your Will of Fire? What drives you?"

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:24 pm

Hinoiri stared solemnly at Aina as she removed the fragments of wood that covered her arm, soaking in every word that was spoken to her. It was amazing that somebody at that level could still grasp the concept of mortality, seeing as how she was plucking out pieces of splintered word from her arm and discarding them as if it were nothing more than a minor nuisance.

Hinoiri popped to attention as Aina approached her. She stared intently into the bannin's eyes, listening intently as she posed her question. As she thought about her response, Hinoiri averted her eyes, allowing herself to drift off ever so slightly into her own mind. What was her Will of Fire? It certainly wasn't the first time she'd been asked, but perhaps it was the first time that she'd have to give a real answer. Throughout the academy it was easy to regurgitate somebody else's answers, or at the very least say what she knew her instructors wanted to hear.

"To protect Konoha!" "For my clan!" "To protect all of my family and friends."

Sure, all of these things were important to Hinoiri, but she knew in her heart of hearts that it wasn't her driving force. Perhaps the strength and knowledge she sought was her soal.

"I... I don't know, Master Aina. I want to be stronger and wiser, I know I do, but... I'm not sure why."

As the words left her lips, she felt slightly embarrassed. Her cheeks became slightly rosy, and in an effort to divert attention away from herself, Hinoiri figured she'd pose her own question.

"What's your Will of Fire, Master Aina?"

RIPShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:25 pm

Aina's arms remained crossed over her chest as she watched Hinoiri debate over her own answer. But as the answer finally came, Aina unexpectedly smiled. "You're already smarter than those your age. So many strive to boast about their Will of Fire, generic answers with no actual understanding of the world and the way it works." The girl's follow up question to her own statement only added to Aina's smile. "My Will of Fire has no simple answer, its not just one thing." Aina reached up and touched the faint scar on her neck, lifting her head to better show it off. "I was a chunin when this happened, my companion who saved my life was... complicated. His talents were unique, and in his rage he nearly tore someone apart in front of me for what they tried to do to me. He saved me, and I saved him from becoming something worse in that moment."

Her hand moved to touch the massive scarring on her belly. "The invasion, though I'm sure you've heard some variation of this story. I was kidnapped by the criminals Yaku and Enma. They used me to get close to our Clan Leader and kill him, they dragged me all the way to where our sacred scrolls were held and tossed me out to the crowd, gutted, before they made their escape. In that moment one of my older brothers saved my life, without him I wouldn't be here now."

Her hands dropped to her sides once more before slipping into her pockets. "I've adopted a member of our clan who was rejected by others for his lack of talents in Jyuuken, helped him learn his own strength. I adopted another who was blinded in the invasion, helped her learn to lead her own life before a suitable implant, something we never thought possible, was found. I've had two of my own. I fell in love with the man who is now our Hokage and am his wife."

Aina's smile had turned almost whimsical by this point as she stepped close enough to reach out and put a hand on Hinoiri's shoulder. "Eventually experience will teach you too, there is no one answer to the Will of Fire. Everything must be our Will of Fire. The village, our families, our clan, it is made up of far too much to simply have one answer."

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:55 pm

Hinoiri remained silent while listening to Aina explain her own Will of Fire. Hinoiri fixated her eyes on the scar across the older ninja's belly, with a stern look coming over her face. Even as Aina finished speaking, Hinoiri maintained her stare, finding herself lost in thought as she contemplated the words that the elder ninja had spoken to her.

The young kunoichi could feel a fluttering in her stomach. She lowered her gaze to the ground, placing a hand on her belly. She felt numb for a few seconds, before she finally realized why she felt butterflies all of a sudden; She was afraid. Until now, the only time she ever did things as a shinobi she had been in a very controlled environment. Without any sort of real threat, it was easy for Hinoiri to perform. Although not blessed with natural physical ability, she was smarter than most and could learn quickly. Perhaps most importantly, she learned from her mistakes, and made sure to never make the same one twice. What scared her though was that she did make mistakes, and in the real world, you might not even get a chance to make a second one.

Once again, she looked at Aina, at first looking at the scar on her belly, then scanning the rest of her body at all the other scars she possessed. Is this what it takes to get this kind of strength? she thought to herself. I don't...should I want those types of things to happen? How would I survive that? How do I get myself ready for that?

The fluttering in her stomach grew even stronger. Her face went from stoic to noticeably unsettled, as she tried to come to terms with everything she had just learned about her newfound mentor. Glancing up once again and making eye contact with Aina for a split second before averting her eyes once more. She tried her best to conceal her emotions, giving Aina a confident nod to express that she understood what she had said. Hinoiri did understand, for the most part, but couldn't yet fully wrap her head around the idea that failure was a very real possibility. Death was a real possibility. The fact that one day she'd be responsible for the lives and well-being of so many others, like Aina, let alone an entire village like her husband, the mighty Hokage, was something that seemed so impossible to her it was discouraging.

Finally, at the peak of her confusion, Hinoiri blurted out her truest thoughts in a worried, confused tone. "I'm scared, Master Aina. I don't think I can ever be as strong as you, or as strong as Lord Hokage. You've persevered, you've overcome, but what if I just... can't? "

RIPShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:45 am

Aina couldn't help a smile as she watched the myriad of changes that crossed the young girl's expression in front of her. After a few moments, and after Hinoiri's question, Aina retrieved her vest and put it back on before sitting down with her back against a tree and motioning beside her, inviting the girl to sit with her. "If you're already afraid, you're smarter than most." she remarked. "At your age I ignored every warning ever given to me. I was focused on rebelling against clan tradition and simply living my life, it was as if it never occurred to me that the life of a shinobi is not just sweat, but also tears, and blood. It never occurred to me that life comes with an expiration date and no matter who we are, we will face it one day. Even as strong as you think I am, as strong as you think the Lord Hokage is, one day we too will face death and fall." She looked over at the young girl and, despite the morbid topic, she smiled.

"A shinobi is a weapon, much like a kunai or a sword. Like any blade we are forged in fire. Even when we fall out of our intended shape we may be formed into something else, something stronger, and some day the damage will just be too much. But as shinobi we don't face death as failures, we face it as if it were an old friend. For in death, we rest." Aina sighed, realizing her statements had taken less of an encouraging tone and more of a depressing one, but honestly it left her chuckling a bit. "Don't focus on the uncertainty of the future, focus on the moment, one what is right in front of you. Thats what you need to deal with right now. No matter how strong you think you are, or aren't, you'll face your own set of challenges and you will surpass them." Aina reached over and put a hand on Hinoiri's shoulder. "Sometimes you'll make it through because you think of friends or family, and sometimes you'll make it through because deep down you simply know you have to. I've had those moments, so has Takeo and every other shinobi in this village. Don't doubt yourself and your perseverance just yet. You're simply untested, not weak."

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 pm

Hinoiri sat beside the elder Hyuuga, listening intently to every word spoken to her. It put Hinoiri at ease to know that Aina had gone through some similar growing pains that Hinoiri was now facing, and she truly admired how she had come to terms with the inevitable. Although she had taken every word spoken to her with equal importance, it was the very last sentence that Aina spoke that really resonated with Hinoiri.

I'm not weak, simply untested. Hinoiri raised a clenched fist, staring at it with a look of determination as if it somehow represented her fortitude. All the words that Aina had spoken to her continued to circle in her mind on a loop, gaining a new meaning and a new significance every time they passed. All of these words allowed Hinoiri to come to one conclusion. Hinoiri was a shinobi, and shinobi needed to be strong. With their strength, they also needed to be wise, and although she wasn't sure which of these she'd gain first, she knew that the path towards both of these things ran parallel to each other.

Dropping her hand, she stood up, looking up into the sky with a stern expression, one of newfound motivation and determination. "Thank you for your wisdom, Master Aina." She dropped her head, this time staring into her mentors eyes, her previous feelings of trepidation having gone away. "I don't know what my ninja way is... Not yet. I don't know why I train, or why I fight... but when the time comes when I'm going to need to answer those questions in order to keep going, I'll find them. Until then, I'll worry about what I can control."

Hinoiri took a few steps forward, looking away from Aina. "So, Master Aina."she said without looking back. "What do I do next? What's my next step?"

RIPShow

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Aina smiled as she watched Hinoiri absorb everything she had said. She could see the girl changing before her, and that had brought the smile to her face. The girl really was just untested, and she needed someone to believe in her just as Aina had once needed. Watching the good she was able to do in this girl already made her silently think that just maybe she could fix what she had broken in Zakuro, that she could bring him back. Aina stood and sighed, thinking about how to answer the girl's question and shrugged.

"What is it you want to do, Hinoiri?" she asked her. "Do you want to simply help and heal? Do you want to protect? Or do you want to fight?" She asked her for very specific reasons. If she wanted to help and heal, Aina knew she could teach her Iijutsu. If she wanted to protect, she could teach her her own custom fighting style of Kugapou that she developed to deflect blows and the like. If she wanted to simply fight, she had a range of taijutsu to choose from to teach the girl. Or perhaps she'd come up with something all her own?

Vitamin

Post by Vitamin » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:24 pm

Hinoiri thought about the question for a little while. After a few seconds of thought, her face lit up as the answer popped into her head. "I want to protect those around me, Master Aina." As she said it, Hinoiri stepped into a mock combat stance and threw a couple of punches into the air. "Just like you said, I'm untested, but when my time comes, I need to be ready." Hinoiri stood up straight, tucking her left arm behind her back, with her right arm bent just slightly in front of her, her hand straightened and her palm facing upward, as if she was getting ready for a fight.

"Master Aina, please teach me one of your secret techniques." said Hinoiri with an incredibly determined look on her face. The young kunoichi had a long ways to go, but as the old saying goes, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. She wanted to be strong. She wanted to be respected. She wanted to be great. Perhaps one day, she would be looked at and recognized; Hyuuga Hinoiri, student of the great Konoha bannin Hyuuga Aina, and heir to her legacy.

This is where it would begin.

RIPShow

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”