[Graded]End of Hospital Bandages and Regretful Pains

Aina and Fanho

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

[Graded]End of Hospital Bandages and Regretful Pains

Post by Director » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:37 am

Fanho strolled through the village as he made his way to the Hokage's house. He knew Aina and Takeo were practically married so she had to be there right? The bubbly Awai had his eyes repaired by no other than Saigo. His doujutsu was lost, but the eye transplant was a success. Originally they were bright blue eyes that faded to grey, his clan genes overpowering them. Blue eyes for such a bright boy, dulled by his clan genes. Quite frankly for someone so upbeat it was ironic his personal light color was a gray. Albeit a bright gray, it was still a sorta dull color. Even considering what had happened with Zakuro's departure from the village. It was a frustrating situation for all, but Fanho felt no one was in more pain than Aina for feeling responsible for it. So what better way to cheer her up than make a surprise visit at her house, regardless of her being ready or not was not a thing Fanho pained himself with considering. He was an expert at barging in, and making people laugh like a really bad burglary suspect.

As he approached their residence he gave a loud rasp on the door with a thematic knock to signify this was no ordinary guest, quite the opposite, but his zany teenage self. "I knooooow you're in there! And I am hereeeee!" He tucked his hands in his pockets as he hummed waiting for Aina to open the door tapping his foot. Albeit with his eye sight loss and his doujutsu gone he had been given time to adjust. However with their schedules being apart he never had time to go visit her, so today he made time and cleared his schedule. Being a shinobi when she could, and taking care of kids was a full time job alone so he understood she was quite busy. Fanho was dressed in just regular grey gym shorts draped in a white t-shirt with regular brown tennis shoes on. He allowed his shaggy hair to drape all over the place and stick out without his headband. He didn't think to drape himself in his shinobi gear, pouches, or any formal wear. To be quite frank it wasn't a formal visit, just an impromptu visit to talk and see how things were going.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

End of Hospital Bandages and Regretful Pains

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:27 pm

Within the home, Aina was busy trying to set up breakfast for Hanako and the twins, and naturally as there came a knock at the door she waved at Hanako who almost immediately went to answer it. She cracked the door a moment and blushed almost immediately as she saw Fanho. "Hi. Fanho-Sama, what-." As she spoke she was suddenly cut off by shrill giggles as one twin chased the other through the living room. He chased her right through the open door and, assuming Fanho didn't move, the girl would dive between Fanho's feet to try and crawl away, likely trying to get away from her brother. Hanako of course swore and was out the door right after her, leaving it open and swinging as Aina chuckled from the kitchen and called out to him.

"Come in, Fanho, don't mind the morning chaos."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:15 am

Fanho being greated by Hanako was a treat as he grinned at his student. "Well hey Hanak- Woah!" Fanho balanced on one leg as he lifted the other one to avoid being ran into by the twins as Hanako also ducked under to chase after them. Man, what a busy household. For some of the two strongest shinobi in the village, parenting seemed like the biggest challenge they'd face so far. With a chuckle as he watched the twins duck in and out of bushes while Hanako chased them he heard Aina call out to him. The smell of breakfast finally swaggered its way over to his nose as he took it all in. With a deep inhale through his nose he allowed it to fill his senses as he came in. Whatever it was, it was delicious. "Man, whatever is smelling so good, let me get in on that deal for the week."

Toys littered the ground in some areas, juice boxes on some places, it was a total pacifier war zone. Albeit living with a bunch of your kids would probably turn your house into that he chuckled as he looked around before making his hazy way into the kitchen. Before he walked in he held his hand over his eyes as he held out his other hand playfully batting the wall and fridge. "Ah-ah! See I knew I could stumble my way to your house, eyes or no eyes!" The Awai gave a chuckle as he removed his hand from his eyes revealing non-doujutsu steel grey iris'. What notable eyes he had attributed to his house were now gone, but the shining glimmer of hope and playfulness behind them were not, they were just vibrant as ever some may even say heightened. "So this is what having kids is like? I got a few years before I got to expect this I guess." He smiled wide at Aina before glancing at what she was cooking. "So how have you been? I haven't had a chance to come by for a while."
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Aina was chuckling as Fanho picked his way through the living room and towards the kitchen where she was cooking. As he got to the serving bar that stood between her and the dining room, she set out a plate of pancakes in front of him. "You more of a juice or milk for breakfast type?" she asked, serving him a drink based on his answer before she turned to look at him. "Some days are better, but I swear those twins took after Takeo's energy... its madness sometimes trying to calm them down or get them to stop causing a mess everywhere they go. Pretty sure Hanako spends more energy chasing them down than in her own training at this point." she sighed but looked over at him, pausing as she noticed his eyes.

Almost in a sort of mom fashion she reached out to touch his chin in order to get him to tilt his head down just enough to see them and she nodded. "Looks like Saigo's work if I had to guess, he does good." she remarked, sighing almost sadly. "I'm sorry the doujutsu couldn't be replicated... Hanako got lucky with her eye transplant on that. If Yosuke hadn't returned with a set of Hyuuga eyes from his hunt she probably would've had normal eyes as well, or none at all. Not sure what would have happened honestly. This damn clan is so obsessed with its doujutsu..." She shrugged though at Fanho's remarks about visiting. "You haven't missed all that much really. Twins make messes all the time, Hanako chaces after them, Kotaro is living in my old place on the clan compound now. Hanako's been begging to move with him, to avoid the chaos of the twins and get some more quiet for her training..." she shrugged and looked at Fanho a moment, wondering if she should mention the sabbatical she took herself to get her temper under control. "You seem to be healing well though, back to training I assume?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:42 am

Fanho was surprised at how quickly Aina made a plan for him to have breakfast with them. He was a little bit awe struck, but he quickly collected his thoughts and jaw before nodding at the question as he answered. "Milk for that sweet calcium." It was rude to turn down food right? Especially if it smelled this amazing, and was coming from such a lovely family. At least that's what Fanho told himself, absolving himself from any guilt of involving himself in their breakfast. As Aina set the food out and drink Fanho gave a slight bow. "Thank you." He shot a toothy grin wide, but not wide enough to hide his blushing. He listened as Aina went on to explain how chaotic the household was. He gave a chuckle as she mentioned Takeo's energy, Fanho's thoughts drifted to the Hokage's amazing stamina despite his old age. Still not as old as Hayashi however. "Well better they're playing around rather than sitting inside like some kids. I imagine they wanna go to the ninja academy?" Fanho mentioned before taking a large chunk of the pancakes out and scarfing it down like the hungry teenage heartthrob he was.

After Aina's answer to his last question, the conversation turned to his eyes. She distracted him from the pancakes as her hand graced his chin to take a look at his eyes. Fanho got a little bashful, he still wasn't used to or comfortable with women. Even if they were practically family. A bashfulness washed over his face, one of the strongest shinobi, yet still weak in the knees. As the sadness tinge to her voice filled the air, Fanho immediately shook from his bashfulness. He reached up to take her hand before patting it with his other one. In a comical way he finished the bite of pancakes he had in his mouth before smiling wide once more. "The most important thing isn't gone, and that's what matters. As long as I don't lose that, I still can't be beat nor will I stop." He'd leave Aina to wonder as to what that was to Fanho, but Fanho knew the answer and it had always been true to him since a very young age.

He gave a chuckle as Aina mentioned Hanako's desire to move away from the twins. "She's a bit young, I'd advise her living alone isn't fun, and she'll miss the twins quickly. Having a busy household that's annoying at times, is better than an empty household that leaves some left to be desired." He ushered another smile before finishing off what he had of the pancakes and drinking the last bit of his milk. He'd stack his plate, silverware, and cup as he took it over to the sink before beginning to wash it. The conversation turned to his training and healing as he cleaned his dishes. "Yep, pretty standard so far. Healing's been going great, I have an appointment with Saigo before my big plan. I have to finish a bit of my Mamo work with an intermediate leader in the mean time as I start my plans." As if not missing a beat, Fanho continued on changing the conversation to Aina since the house was empty, and she'd be able to speak freely. "How are you really doing Aina?" Fanho's tone was still soft and caring, however it was a bit stricter. Offset from his typical personality, it was a bit more demanding. Not in a negative way, but a way that it would be read as Fanho wanted to know the truth of how she was doing and the details, and he wouldn't be satisfied with a simple worded answer. He cared about Aina, and just wanted to make sure she was okay and figure out whatever he could do to ease her mind and pain. However he still carried on with cleaning the dishes, but the determination in his voice made it clear the dishes were secondary and the conversation was first.

He knew since the hospital visit, Aina was torn up about Zakuro's leaving, and feeling guilty over the loss of his eyes. However with this guilt and blame, Fanho knew she'd feel better if she got to get it all out, and give him the chance to reassure her and ease her mind on the loss.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Aina shrugged but also nodded as Fanho asked about the twins and the academy. "Too young to voice it themselves yet but I certainly wouldn't be shocked." she remarked, sighing as she thought about that inevitable future. She pushed the thoughts aside rather quickly, keeping her focus in the moment on Fanho and the situation he was in. "Well its good that you're not stopping, this village is going to need that out of your generation." of course her own comments made the woman chuckle, still feeling a little young to be making such statements. But she knew Fanho had a great deal of potential, and wouldn't be shocked if Takeo was looking at him as a possible successor one day.

It was hard for the Hyuuga woman herself to believe that she was already in a position and age to consider that someday soon she might not be the wife of the Hokage, but the wife of the former Hokage. It almost made her laugh, and for a multitude of reasons. Not least among them that she just couldn't imagine Takeo retiring and relaxing. She wasn't sure he knew the definition of such words.

As Hanako came up, Aina shrugged once more. "Well she'd have Kotaro for a roommate. I don't think you've met him, he's a sullen sort but he cares about his adopted siblings. I'm just hesitant because of her sudden interest in boys... which she seems oddly unaware of herself." She shook her head, chuckling at that. Hanako had been spotted spending time with a boy but seemed adamant they were only friends, and blissfully unaware of how significant it was that she took him out to the campsite that was her own retreat from the world, a place only her father had been before.

But then came the simple yet loaded question Aina wasn't entirely sure how to answer. How was she doing after all? She sighed, frowning slightly as she turned to watch Fanho cleaning his dishes and she leaned against the counter, arms crossed over her chest. "I'm getting there." she finally admitted, chewing on the inside of her lip. "I spent some time alone, trying to get my head together. Set up a couple informants on my way back, see if I can hear anything about Zakuro." she added, giving Fanho a fairly significant look. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt him. I'm sure ANBU is chomping at the bit but even if it means me standing between them, I won't let it happen." she said firmly. "I'm going to fix this and get him home."

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:29 am

Fanho gave a blinding smile towards Aina with a chuckle at the mention that the village would need his hopeful nature in the village. His goofy personality never seemed to die down, and honestly at first glance some people assumed that a weakness of Fanho. Which they weren't wrong to assume that, but deep down Fanho had never really thought what he would do if he lost it. Not in this moment did, before, or ever in his future. Who would know what would break him. Those thoughts aside Fanho's plans for Hokage were all following in order. Now his next step was coming soon, his plans to travel around the world and train to be the strongest by challenging those who were vastly different than his own teammates. In order to prepare himself to deal with threats foreign to the village, Fanho needed to go to other countries where their threat's were nothing like Konoha's own. With this in mind it'd allow Fanho to strength the alliances between the villages as well.

The Awai nodded in agreement with Aina's worries about Hanako. Which with the interest of the opposite sex was part and parcel of growing up. Albeit Fanho was so absolved in becoming Hokage, he wasn't not aware or interested in women. He just had no time, and the person that made him discover women was on an elongated family vacation. However something stirred in his chest when thoughts drifted of one woman he had met earlier before his injury. Ironically it was the Raikage's sister that made these feelings stir. He couldn't quite place them since it was his first time really having these feelings surface. Fanho's face began to blush inadvertently thinking about Kyo, and how they interacted. His eyes drifted towards a random corner as his thoughts drifted more about Kyo, with his mouth hanging open frozen in a grin. For what seemed like a while for Fanho he snapped back to taking in what Aina said. The blush remained but Fanho coughed to regain his composure. "Yeah, feelings and all that are something everyone goes through." He shifted his eyes to the ground trying to avoid how painfully obvious he made his thoughts a second ago.
phpBB [video] As their conversation centered around what Fanho really came to discuss Aina began to spill out her feelings. He nodded along paying attention to all her words as he avoided making eye contact. It was purposeful so he could take in what she had to say. Fanho himself was already upset by Gene's words, and how the village would treat Zakuro as a criminal rather than someone who was sick and needed help. He himself was already on an edge that he couldn't let be seen, however he felt his eyes would betray himself if he looked at her. He had to keep up his own shtick if he expected to inspire others. Besides what Hokage would he be if he couldn't save his friend or help keep the will to bring him back alive in his friends and family. "Aina..." Fanho's voice trailed with a determined confidence as he placed his sponge and plate down in the sink. He'd turn to make eye contact with Aina. "I have to leave soon to train to be the Hokage. I'm going to change the way this village views troubled kids like Zakuro as just threats. They're scared, confused, and just want to be understood about their frustrations."

He'd reach out and grab Aina's hand as he patted and held it, giving it a firm squeeze to let her know it'd be okay. He gave a polite smile with his head cocked. "I'm leaving it in your hands to bring Zakuro back. You understand how he feels, and can connect with him. If you need any help you should contact Taiga Sarutobi. He may be childish and reckless, but he also understands Zakuro." Fanho looked out at the window behind the sink at Aina's backyard filled with flowers, a playground, and bushes with trees surrounding the area. It was beautiful and a luscious area of trees. "I have to keep an image of hope up, its what drives a lot of the younger kids forward, and the Mamorinuku staff. If Zakuro sees that I'm able to move forward with my goals, maybe he'll move forward with his own after all that's happened. Hope inspires hope, so don't lose it." He'd give another pat to her hand as he returned it to her before returning to cleaning the dishes once more.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:05 pm

Honestly Aina hadn't missed Fanho's slip, but she knew nothing about his interactions with the Kumo shinobi and so had no idea what it was about. Regardless, there was a bit of a smirk as she watched him, especially as he tried to recover himself. But the subject of Zakuro brought a tension into her chest once more that, even as she felt him take her hand, couldn't be assuaged. She sighed heavily and listened quietly, still baffled that it wouldn't be all that long before she was taking orders from Fanho rather than her husband. "I've heard of this kid, this Taiga. Jinch right?" she asked, swallowing hard as she continued the conversation with him. Having some exposure to spirits and now a Bannin, Aina had made it her business to keep tabs on hosts, silently hoping she could help if things ever took a turn for the worst as they had once with Minoru. Which ironically...

"I hope I can help Zakuro, bring him back... oddly enough my actions against him had more to do with lovers and the like than anything." she admitted, suddenly unsure if she had told anyone other than Takeo the real reason she had been so twisted up that day. "He came to me for help but sounded like he'd already given up... it reminded me too much of Minoru." She glanced at Fanho, unsure if he actually knew who Minoru was, or at least who he had once been to her. "Minoru was my boyfriend before Takeo and I dated... he was a spirit host, a Jinch, and he lost control. After the invasion he was in a coma and I spent weeks at his bedside... I was told he was dead and gone eventually." she swallowed hard, still unsure if it was Takeo who had kept the secret from her or someone else. She still didn't know where to place her anger on the subject she would mention next. "But then suddenly one day he was in the street in front of me... he reeked of alcohol, he was a coward and he had given up, when Zakuro said the same things to me I just... lost it..."

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:19 am

Fanho nodded at the mention of Taiga being a jinchuriki. "He is, but he's already mastered his genma from what I've read. I keep close tabs on him, and I make sure hes traveling down a path that's beneficial for him. Also, he's very adamant about this Autumn Soldier guy." He chuckled as he shook his head. "You should probably help him hunt this guy down too, or at the very least sanction his mission for it. I know Taiga, he won't take no for an answer, but I trust he can handle himself more than not. After all, sometimes you gotta treat them like adults and not like they're still kids." Fanho nodded as Aina's thoughts turned towards bringing Zakuro back as he began to spill what transpired between the two that day as her unease was obvious in her words.

He nodded with a calmness over him. Aina too was someone struggling, as was Minoru, as was Zakuro. It was just a line of struggling, hurt, and it just reached a boiling point for all three. He gave a sigh as he patted her hand once more for comfort. "Well, the fact you have a drive, desire, and will to do right is a step in the right direction. I think the three of you were all hurting, and things just didn't go right. Which isn't any one's fault." Fanho shrugged as he looked out the window expecting to see some teleprompter tell him what to say, but instead it seemed to just flow out right. "They may seem like they've given up, but I don't think they're lost. Some need more work than others, but at the end of the day its just why we give it that one-hundred and fifty percent effort. So keep up hope, after all as a Bannin older generations still need to carry the Will of Fire as a beacon to lead the way for the next right?" Fanho winked with a cocky grin that oozed enthusiasm.

"I trust you'll bring Zakuro back, and in due time we'll win Minoru too. Just because one battle was lost doesn't mean we give up on the war. Or perhaps we fall it doesn't mean we don't get back up. Stress and emotional trauma are all serious things, and we all deal with it differently. Occasionally we make mistakes, but as long as we don't lose ourselves or give up hope we'll never be too far gone." He ushered a big toothed grin before one last squeeze before releasing her hand. "For its the Will of Fire that bonds us, and it'll be the Will of Fire that saves us. It means never giving up right? Even if one of our own as. We fight that much harder to save them." Fanho stared off into the sky with an enthusiasm that everyone would envy, and a hopeful look that would make even the worst pessimist believe.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:47 pm

As Fanho spoke, Aina fell quiet. She knew nothing of this 'autumn soldier' that Fanho spoke of and had no input to give on the subject, and even as they moved topics she found herself on thoughts that made her increasingly uncomfortable. She simply stayed quiet, at least until he mentioned winning Minoru. Aina shook her head, almost vehemently. "Minoru is not my concern." she said rather flatly. "I'm not saying he can't be saved, Fanho, but I am saying that I can't be involved. There's a great deal there for me that you don't know about, that I may never be comfortable talking about to anyone. I'm not sure even my husband knows every detail of the pain his name alone brought me." Her mind of course was going over all the things she didn't want to speak of. Not just the way she had tended to him in the hospital, living every day as if it might be his last and watching as his body withered away before she was told he was dead.

There was also the pain of Yoru. A dear friend who absolutely lost it on her about her relationship with Takeo after Minoru's coma had progressed too far. Of course the secrets had been spilled on mission when a spirit took over her body and revealed it for herself, but that didn't matter. Her friendship with Yoru was never the same after that, both because of the pain he felt but the betrayal Aina had felt as well. It was a pain she knew Takeo thought was settled, but it was a secret she carried like a stone in her breast that she would never be rid of. There was the pain too of back when she had first really met Takeo, when he had seen the spirit sealed in Masami and attacked the girl, an act Aina had responded in kind with but also eventually forgave him for.

There was simply too much wrapped up in the simple name of 'Minoru', and Aina knew it would swallow her whole if she let it. "I'm not giving up on him, but I just can't be anywhere near him or anything concerning him, Fanho. I'll sooner step aside as a shinobi than to allow myself to be mixed up in it."

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:53 am

Fanho nodded. He understood the pain and trauma she had went through made her uneasy about assisting Minoru. He didn't wanna force her, nor was he going to, but as long as she knew what he'd say next was true and something he held dear in his heart. He hoped it'd easy those concerns and make her feel better at least. "Well that's why we're all one big family." He gave a warm smile as he looked back out into the beautiful back yard, almost ominously a very pregnant squirrel had dropped its food from the tree, and unable to retrieve it the family of that squirrel came to the rescue to pick up its food back to its home. It was picturesque of what Fanho imagined Konoha as like, and fit the ideals to a T he was going to speak about. "Even if we cannot face something, that's alright. Its why we're family, so we can help each other with what he can't do. If you can't be involved, that's okay, but let it be known I'll work on it for you in your honor. Its what we do. It's what you're doing for me with Zakuro." Fanho couldn't hide the big toothy grin he had behind his face, relating it to something Aina was doing for him made it much easier to relate to it and make what he was saying clearer.

"Either way, I have full faith one day all these problems will seem so little and so far away. I always have hope for a brighter, better future, and its one I'll always preach and strive for. Hope, love, and faith is what ties us all together. If one of our fires dims, another one comes to help rekindle the flame and help it burn even brighter." Fanho looked over at Aina cocking his head with a sly smile. As he closed his eyes imagining about the Will of Fire linking everyone in the village. "Its the Will of Fire that will always burn strong and bright, and I want to be that burning light that guides and proves how strong it really is. So no matter what, if you're ever feeling down, bummed out, or having trouble. You won't ever travel through that darkness alone cause I'll be right there."

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 am

Aina fell quiet for a few moments, some part of her wanting to snap at Fanho. In moments like this she often felt like he was being naive, seeing an upside in something that had none. Her temper threatened to flare but as she had gotten better at controlling it lately she stifled it down with a simple long breath out of her nose. "I envy you for the way you see things, Fanho." she admitted quietly. She knew he wasn't entirely naive, even aside from the loss of his eyes he had seen enough to know the world was not all sunshine. In some form of irony as her mind went to the worst aspects of the world, she heard a stirring as someone walked through the house. A moment later a young women with white-blonde hair stepped into view and walked towards the pair. "Morning, Inoairi!" Aina greeted her, glancing at Fanho as she realized Fanho might not know the woman.

"Fanho, this is Yamanaka Inoairi." she said, motioning to the young woman as she took a seat at the table and looked at the two almost warily and Aina noticed something in her look. "It's okay, 'Airi. Fanho is a friend." She watched as the girl only nodded before fidgeting nervously and getting up to walk out towards the backyard, and Aina turned to look at Fanho. "She was captured by slavers when she was younger, they specialized in shinobi type slaves. It was the sickest thing I've ever seen... she's only been back a couple months, still has trouble going out in public sometimes. She's especially on edge around men, don't let her behavior get to you. She's still learning to live again really."

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”