[Plotboard] Checking In

Tsedas

[Plotboard] Checking In

Post by Tsedas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:21 pm

The last rays of the afternoon where slowly being swallowed up by the dark blues and purples of twilight as their remaining slivers of illumination poured through the windows of an office within Konohagakure's hospital. The once stark walls of this room had become adorned with vivid and thoroughly detailed hand made drawings of anatomy and various break downs of the components of the body. The sole filing cabinet had been blessed with companion cabinets to help the occupant store multiple files and studies away. The once barren and unused desk was now an alter of workplace productivity as there were stacks of files, books, and a scroll rack filled to the brim with work related material. Needless to say, the spare office that was donated to the foreign medical ninja was being utilized to it's full extent.

Setting his brush down as he rubbed his eyes, Takamori Saigo was certain that it was a safe bet that his work day was coming to an end. He'd finish clinic hours in the morning, taught a class after that, broke for lunch, saw three patients for surgery, and taught a late afternoon class. His day had been pretty packed, almost like he was trying to jam as much into the day as he could every time he stepped into the hospital. With all the materials, support staff, and ever improving medical shinobi around him, Saigo began to think back to his time in the field hospitals he set up as he pondered how he got so much done there with so little on hand. IT truly was a world of difference being in the field versus being in a hospital.

"I think it's time to go home." Saigo mumbled to himself as he stretched. Putting away his equipment and writing tools, Saigo neatly arranged everything so he could pick up where he left off in the morning before turning off the lights and locking up. Shifting his body as he walked the dimmed yet lit halls of the hospital, Saigo knew it was close to lights out for any patients still around yet as he looked around the place on his way out, he pondered taking a breather. 'They did alright before I started working here, they would be fine without me for a short break, right? Besides, I think I've more than fulfilled my end of the bargain with Konoha about helping out, I'm sure the Council and the Kage won't mind if I ask for a short bit of time to myself. After all, I'm no good to anyone if I'm burned out. I've upgraded their research and study materials, updated their surgical methods, trained their deployment medical ninja on field dressing techniques, written tw-no, three medical journals for them while I've been here, and... damn the list gets long doesn't it?'

Saigo reflected on everything he had done, from helping Aina survivor her birth to reattaching some kid's arm, saving the people of the attack on Konoha to individual patient care for everything from the common cold to work related injuries. If anything, the only thing he hadn't done was gynecology work, but the Doctor was pretty sure Isane would have his balls in a sling if he even considered it. The thought made him smile as he thought of his wife getting made at him for a change as there has been an ever present smile on her face ever since she gave birth. A heartfelt sigh escaped him as a small smile tugged at the corners of his mouth, never imagining he'd actually have it so good.

Pushing open the front door to the hospital, Saigo stepped out into the twilight air, a faint breeze bringing a soft yet refreshing coolness with it. Shifting his eyes up, Saigo saw the colors that crept at the far edge of the horizon before something caught his eye and he shifted his gaze to see what it was as his mind assume it was the shadowy people who always followed him around to keep an eye on him per the agreement.

Red Buster Gaming Youtube ||| Red Buster Gaming Twitch
Takamori Saigo - Konohagakure Banin - [color=#93DDDB]
Takamori Jubei - Konohagakure Genin - [color=#8B658B]
Enkouten Hisone - Iwagakure Special Jounin - [color=#E87511]
Ryousei Genkaku - Sungakure Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Retired CharactersShow
Akira - Kirigakure - Special Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Ishikawa Hanzo - Sunagakure Genin - Jinch - [color=navajowhite]
Tenjirou Shigekuni - Sunagakure Chuunin - [color=fuchsia]
Itazura Bokun - Sunagakure B-Rank MN - [color=#00C1B5]
Kutsuzawa Retsu - Iwagakure Sp Jounin - [color=#EF6B00]
Shiimu Mirai - Kirigakure Bannin - [color=navajowhite]
Kojima Nao - Kumogakure -Genin - [color=#A0522D]
Matsudaira Tokoha - Sunagakure - Jounin - [color=#ED2939]
Ishiguro Nui - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=brown]
Awai Mariko - Konohagakure Chuunin - [color=#B2397F]
Jinrai Setsuko - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=#D60270]
Toukai Mukade - Kirigakure Chuunin - [color=#8B7765]

Izanagi

[Plotboard] Checking In

Post by Izanagi » Mon May 27, 2019 12:31 am

As Hokage, Takeo had a busy schedule of his own. Between managing an alliance with both Sunagakure and Kumogakure despite the two villages not getting along with each other as well as mitigating between a full board of councillors with greatly differing stances and the more extreme ideals of his newly appointed ANBU commander he felt there was always someone dissatisfied with his decisions and yet he had to remain focussed and committed to his own stances. It was a demanding job, especially given his belief in commanding from example wherever possible, leading him to battling in the front lines on multiple occasions during the liberation of Whirlpool Country as well as being the first to jump into action whenever an S-Rank MN threatened the safety and security of Fire Country and its hundreds of thousands of citizens. This meant he had to maintain a rigorous training routine in order to keep in top shape as one of Konoha’s most elite shinobi. Beyond all of this he was a married man and father to four children. More than once he had felt his connection to his family strained due to exhaustion though somehow he and Aina managed to keep their relationship strong. His eldest daughter Hanako was a great help in looking after the young twin toddlers.

It was actually refreshing to put some time aside to check in with a man whom could surely relate to him. Many had doubted his decision to allow Takamori Saigo entry into Konoha as anything other than a prisoner and yet Takeo had remained steadfast in his belief that the Doctor could become an unparalleled asset to the village. The Doctor had passed extensive screening and won over the Hokage’s trust to a point where he was allowed to perform surgeries on Konoha shinobi and instruct classes and even receive pay and be provided a home of his own to raise his son alongside his wife. Over a year had passed since he had come to the village, on the run from powerful Missing-nin and desperate for shelter and a new life. By now even the council had come to admit that Saigo had proven his worth and helped immensely in returning Konoha to its former strength in the aftermath of the invasion several years ago.

After a long day it felt good to close his eyes for a few minutes and enjoy the fresh twighlight air. He had woken before the sun, exercising extensively and returning home just long enough to eat, shower and kiss his family goodbye for the day. Large meals and copious amounts of coffee with the occasional bit of whiskey mixed in were routine to get through the day with adequate energy and focus. Meetings of various purposes were scheduled in for him and of course there was the dreaded paperwork and even bouts of research on terrain and tactic planning for various important objectives. There too were matters of dealing with finances and working with the appropriate councillors on such matters as the construction of teleportation zones were constructed that would allow for more efficient trade and travel between Suna and Konoha. There was also construction on railroads through Fire Country, Whirlpool, Forest and Cloud. A monumental task that would be several years in the making but would allow average civilians much greater opportunity to visit new lands and sell wares more efficently while boosting the economy of all nations involved.

All in all everything was going quite smoothly, he just had to keep everything together and on track for another five to ten years and then he could step down and rest easy knowing that the foundation for Konoha’s continued prosperity and security had been set. Of course there was always the looming threat of Kirigakure and Iwagakure seeming to be preparing for aggression against them. He had to always be ready for the potential of war breaking out or his own allies turning against one another or even Kumo brokering a deal with Konoha’s enemies. Nothing about leadership on such a scale was stress free though at least the majority of Konoha’s shinobi and civilians alike supported him even if they often expected more direct involvement from him in their personal affairs than he was able to provide. The gentle sound of footstep and the smooth closing of one of the hospitals main doors stirred the man awake, realizing he had in fact begun to drift asleep. It was almost a curse to have one’s senses and reflexes heightened in such a way. Rarely could he get a truly restful night’s sleep. At least at home he could afford a semblance of comfort knowing that he slept next a Bannin of the village whom was equally capable of defending their household and children. He couldn’t imagine being married to a civilian, the fear of waking up startled and accidently hurting someone he loved would be too much.

The Hokage’s piercing blue eyes opened and focused in on the figure of Saigo. Standing slowly the man would walk into the light of a close by street lamp. Adorned in his Hokage robes the man smile softly, “Long day” he stated wryly, his own fatigue evident though he wore it with familiar ease, having forgotten what it felt like to be fully rested and not feel an array of aches throughout his body. Despite this he kept himself well kept, beard neatly trimmed to a medium length and hair cut relatively short for sake of easy upkeep. “It’s been a while since we’ve talked Saigo.” he announced, gesturing for the man to accompany him, even if it was just for the length of the man’s travel home he wanted to check in with the esteemed Doctor. “Walk with me, speak freely of any concerns you might have. You’ve done much for this village, I want to see you and your family treated well” he insisted with genuine concern and appreciation. After all the man had saved Aina’s life during childbirth and likely those of his young son and daughter; Takeshi and Kaori, the boy possessing the eyes of the Hyuuga and his twin sister taking more after Takeo with natural blue eyes. As a result Takeshi had been reluctantly accepted as a Hyuuga , taking on their last name with Kaori was granted the last surname of Natsuki. It was a rare situation indeed, breaking many clan traditions and further building resentment from some of the Hyuuga elders.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Tsedas

[Plotboard] Checking In

Post by Tsedas » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:30 am

Saigo kept scanning until he saw a stirring in the shadows. the appearance of the Hokage himself was the last thing he'd expected from the people watching him. However as the Doctor listened to the man speak, he began his approach as they started walking together. "If I am allowed to speak frankly, then I should say you don't look like you're getting enough sleep. That 'long day' comment sounds more like a statement about you than me at this point." The youthful looking man smirked with a sideways glance. "I am glad that you're here though. Been thinking of asking for some personal time after all the work I've put in to updating your hospitals and medic teams.... and to see where peoples views on the 'Mad Doctor' lie."

Saigo was curious to see if he'd perhaps remedied some of his old reputation with the new one he was fighting tooth and nail for. Fixing ones life wasn't an easy task but he knew he was making good on rebuilding himself into a good man, even if in the smallest of steps at a time. Speaking steps, Saigo was walking and motioned with a hand at the way in front of them. "Are we simply walking as I return home or merely taking in the sights as we go?" The Doctor asked as he kept a pace that matched with Takeo.

Retired CharactersShow

Izanagi

[Plotboard] Checking In

Post by Izanagi » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:37 pm

The Hokage’s smile warmed as he walked alongside Saigo, “You’re probably right” he admitted chuckling. It was not an easy job being the leader of a large village, with tens of thousands of citizens and its own military force that an entire country relied on. He had grown into the role though, despite the mountain of stress and the many sleepless nights he felt that he was actually making a difference and creating a better world. It was the type of thing he never had any aspiration for growing up but now he could hardly imagine passing off the mantle to anyone else. Though he was certain there were others in the village who had become stronger than him he wasn’t sure anyone else could balance that fine line of making hard decisions while also striving for peace and fostering alliances. He was certain a great conflict was on the horizon and he needed strong allies to depend on when that time came. The bearded man gave Saigo a long sincere look, his cobalt blue eyes always seeming to look deep into a person’s soul. Stopping for a moment and placing a muscular calloused hand on the Doctors shoulder he would speak from his heart, “Saigo, no one thinks about you like that. You’ve more than atoned for your mistakes. Konoha is deeply grateful to you, myself most of all. You’re one of us now, this is your home now too” he assured. Forgiveness and trust were core principals of Takeo. He had his own share of skeletons in the closet, he believed everyone was capable of great evil and wonderous good. What mattered was the reasons behind one’s actions and the effort one put in to atone when they realize their actions went too far.

Continuing to walk on, the Hokage inhaled deeply, enjoying the scents of the village that he called his home. The streets were lined with lights that cast a soft glow over the area, making even walking at night feel safe and welcoming. Trees, flowers and smaller shrubs accentuated pathways and there were numerous parks, fields and training grounds even within the heart of the village. “We can go wherever you like. I have some time” he offered. He was grateful for the opportunity to get to know the esteemed doctor better. The man was an exceptional shinobi, on par with himself and also a family man. Though he didn’t know him on a personal level Takeo’s instinct was rarely wrong and he felt that he and Saigo had much in common, at least in their desire to create a better world for their children to inherit. Someone who fought for the safety of their family was a person he could respect.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Tsedas

[Plotboard] Checking In

Post by Tsedas » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:12 pm

Saigo walked along side Takeo before the latter placed a hand upon the Doctor's shoulder, taking in his words as he still had trouble gripping with the acceptance of it all. Perhaps spending too much time in the wild accepting that he was forever a shunned man for his practices had jaded his ability to embrace such a welcoming offer. Still, a part of him felt like a burden had lifted itself from his shoulders as they journeyed without aim down the straights for a moment longer before Takeo claimed they could go where he wished. "Well then, if I can pick our destination... I'd much prefer to head towards my home. I know my baby is asleep by now, but at the very least Isane can brew us some tea. She's become quite adept at tending to the household, and I figured she would be all thumbs at being a stay at home type."

Saigo gave the Hokage a smile before gesturing in the direction of his home, one that was so graciously provided by the village after he came to Konoha. "Speaking of children, how are yours doing? I remember their birth quite clearly but I don't think I've heard much about them after that." Saigo said as he slipped his hands into his pockets, his leisurely pace letting him take his eyes off the gloom of the surrounding pathway they took so he could at least face Takeo as they talked.

Retired CharactersShow

Izanagi

[Plotboard] Checking In

Post by Izanagi » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:42 pm

Though Takeo didn’t know Saigo on a deeply personal level he felt they had much in common. Both were hardened shinobi who had seen much suffering and been responsible for their own share. They were each remarkably powerful and renowned. The way Takeo saw it their roles could have easily been reversed. And now they each had a family to care for and shelter from the madness that existed in this world. The Hokage nodded softly as Saigo decided to lead them back toward his home. Certainly, he could relate. With four children of his own, two of them infants his day was often spent longing to spend time with them. The muscular, bearded leader of the leaf village chuckled lightly as Saigo spoke of Isane and Takeo thought of his own wife. “Aina has been surprisingly good too, she’s always been so strong and rebellious, it really caught me by surprise how nurturing and organized she can be. I couldn’t ask for anything more” he considered. A wife that was both a Bannin and an excellent mother, he really had been fortunate.

The men continued to walk along the softly lit path. Even at night Konoha felt peaceful and welcoming in most districts. “They’re great. Yozei and Hanako are proving to be skilled shinobi, Yozei’s katon ninjutsu is remarkable, as good as my own at least and Hanako has taken well to her new eyes, she’s as energetic as ever and showing good promise with her taijutsu. The twins are growing up fast, already walking. I’m looking forward to seeing how they continue to grow” he considered. As a shinobi naturally the man’s mind was geared towards considering what sort of skills they would develop, Katon and Doton were prominent elements in his lineage, would they deviate from that? Or perhaps more surprising would they develop a preference for genjutsu opposed to the nintai heavy nature of both the Natsuki family and the Hyuuga? Whatever the case the thought that they might not become shinobi hadn’t even crossed his mind. “How’s your little one? Are you hoping they take after you? another aspiring doctor in the works?” he wondered. Whatever his child eventually aspired to be surely they would be able to pursue their dreams, Konoha was a wealthy village of many opportunities.

Tsedas

[Plotboard] Checking In

Post by Tsedas » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:15 pm

Saigo smiled a little at the news of Aina and Hanako. He remembered them quite clearly. Yozei he wasn't too clear on, but the twins he remembered well when they were born as he had to safe Aina when that day came to pass. As Takeo remarked on the growth of his children, Saigo could only thing about his child and how small they still were. The question that made him twist his face into thought was whether his child would be a Doctor as well. "My son is doing quite well. Still not walking just yet, but they are well cared for with Isane around. As for their future... I haven't put much thought into it. I know children can attend the academy at a young age, but I'd hate to think I would force the life of a shinobi on them so young. Still, I have already sworn to let my wife be the guiding decision on that topic. I honestly feel they would do well as a shinobi but the shoes they'd have to fill are quite large. Besides... I fear them being too much like me." Saigo heaved a rather audible sigh before shaking his head.

"I would rather they be happy then dutiful in all honesty. But worst of all, I fear them wanting to use my body modification.." Saigo slowed to a halt before looking to Takeo. "In all my years on the run and during my research, I've been perfecting a body modification since my last days in Iwa. No one has ever seen it before Takeo. It's a trump card I made sure I perfected when I married Isane so I could keep her safe always when she was by my side. I'm a scalpel that can strike with precision, but also the shield that protects my family. If my child grows up and wishes to do the same but feels they want to protect this village too, then I will do my utmost to support their resolve." As Saigo stated this, his eyes shifted as the irides took on a pattern that almost resembled a flower. Around him, the glow of chakra became prominent as a large skull formed followed shortly by tendons that grew across the head. After this bizarre head gained musculature, Takeo would watch as a hooded cowl cascaded off the top of the head and a face took shape that bore some semblance to a Shinigami mask with horns protruding from the head and a ghastly visage.

"This technique, this body modification... they are the culmination of countless experiments. If my son has the resolve to serve Konoha, I might even offer it to him." Closing his eyes, the chakra phantom dissolved away like ash in the wind. Opening his eyes, Saigo's irides returned to their normal state. "I felt the head was more subtle than conjuring a towering monster in the middle of the night. It can be quite.... large." Saigo admitted before resuming his steps toward his home. "I showed you this just now, not to show off either. But because you're the first person outside of some unlucky bandits and my wife to know of it's existence now. It is a skill that can defend this village, one I won't hide anymore when the time comes. I want to protect this place... it's given so much to me and my family."

Retired CharactersShow

Izanagi

[Plotboard] Checking In

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:03 pm

The Hokage smiled softly as Saigo spoke of his wife and son. Whatever people thought of his decision to let Saigo into the village those two were innocent and likely they wouldn’t be alive today if he had turned them away. “Of course, there are many other career paths, and there’s still a lot of time for him to grow and make that choice. My son Yozei didn’t join the academy until he was 10 and there have been many others that have joined later than that even.” He considered, it wasn’t uncommon for citizens of Fire country to be accepted into the village, joining later in their teenage years or even adulthood after living in the village for at least a year and passing screening. Takeo smirked, shaking his head a little as he began to chuckle. “I hadn’t really thought of that, I know I drive my wife crazy with my recklessness, always used to be concerned about my sister in our younger days. I guess it runs in the Natsuki blood” he considered. His younger sister Ayame was an academy instructor now, a Jounin and she had taken to teaching Yozei in her spare time. Given their shared talent in Katon jutsu it made sense, though thus far Yozei had been falling short in picking up the Natsuki families secondary reputation for being skilled hand to hand fighters.

Takeo continued to smile softly; he still trusted his instincts about the man. He was about to compliment his outlook on his life, no doubt learned from hard life experiences, when the Doctor began speaking of a body modification. This naturally caught the Hokage’s interest. He didn’t recall that coming up in the screening process, but then they had focused mostly on determining his past, what he knew, what he believed and whether or not he could be trusted and controlled. He nodded in understanding. It was sensible to have a few hidden talents. Quite the oddity, Takeo was more or less an average shinobi throughout most of his career, skilled in tracking and capture as well as taijutsu certainly but there was nothing particularly special about him. Over the years he had only grown more physically powerful, mastering new elements and learning to hone his tactics in order to overcome more specialized and talented shinobi. His trump card was simply his extreme versatility, tremendous speed and power and his ability to adapt under pressure in order to overcome opponents he really had no business contending with. “You’re a good man Saigo. You belong here with us and so does your family” he assured, truly believing that with all his heart. If the Doctor ever betrayed the village Takeo would be the first to put his life on the line to stop him at all costs, his greatest weakness was perhaps his trust in others but it was also his greatest strength.

He could feel the chakra gathering around the man’s head, watching with interest as it formed in the shape of a Shinigami. ‘A protective chakra cloak?’ he wondered, wary of potential unique chakra natures, the world of shinobi was a dangerous one with many secret abilities, one could never be too careful and if he were to fight Saigo he would be sure to test from a distance or coat himself with Katon or Fuuton jutsu before he would touch something like that directly. “Of course, any father would want to pass down their strength to their children." he considered, his own father was a shinobi as well, retired now but he had taught Takeo everything he knew about hunting and wilderness survival and had started him on the path of taijutsu as well. “We should spar sometime Saigo. I’m always looking for new challenges and if we ever need to fight alongside one another it would be useful to develop some coordination and understanding of one another’s skills.” He stated, grinning wolfishly. The man truly lived to fight, relishing in the thrill of high level combat, of being the underdog and feeling the stakes of his own life being on the line. His azure blue eyes were both piercing and playful. He had seen something like that before, a gigantic chakra manifestation used to fight against the rampaging Genma Aturasu a few years back. None other than Awai Fanho, a skilled shinobi who continued to impress Takeo. “Very interesting” he commented, Takeo had a few large scale techniques but his auras and armors were all personal-sized, utilizing layers of elemental affinities for potent combinations, making up for lack of top tier ninjutsu capability and instead supplementing his Taijutsu prowess. “I’m happy to hear that. It was a tough sell at first to convince the council to bring you in, many shinobi questioned my decision too but Konoha is at its core a place of forgiveness and comradery. You’re not the first of us to make mistakes and struggle with darkness and you won’t be the last but when it really matters Konoha shinobi stand together and I’ll gladly fight alongside you to defend the village.” He stated passionately, clasping the man firmly on the shoulder. He truly believed those words with all his heart and felt strengthened by having Saigo join the village.

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”