[Plotboard] Clean Bill of Health

Saigo and Fanho

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:09 pm

Fanho walked towards the hospital with his hands tucked in his pockets. It was his first check-up after getting his new eyes. It was quite a while afterwards, he had been putting it off. He didn't like doing paper work so he put that off too, the doctors office was just a line in many of his procrastination's. However he figured it'd be better to ensure everything was well rather than going blind. He also had ulterior motives for being here, but that would be revealed later. For now he was here to see Saigo and receive an inspection and questioning about how his new eyes were settling it. It was still sorta creepy imagining someone else seeing through his own peepers, but Fanho was assured they we're being put to good use for the sake of Konoha from an organ donor past their death. As he walked into the hospital lobby his boots clacked on the tile floor as he signed in on the front desk clipboard.

He had a seat in one of the lobby chairs as he kicked his feet up on the coffee table draping his head over the back of his chair looking behind him seeing the world contorted as if a child had just tilted the playing area upside down. Not before long his legs were met with a triumphant oomph as a janitor forcefully knocked his feet down. Like a child being scolded Fanho rubbed the back of his neck and gave a nervous smile. "Sorry." The janitor sneered and rolled his eyes as he continued successful in his goal of making Fanho keep his feet off the table. Now he just awaited the good doctor's arrival.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:15 pm

The silence of the halls was occasionally broken by conversation or others walking through the halls, talk of patients or personal gossip between duties. Nothing that could be seen as anything beyond to trivial before finally the wait would come to an end as a man adorned in the white coat of the medical staff rounded a corner, flipping through a file as he approached the waiting area. Despite his attention focused on the words written down, he seemed aware of his surroundings as he shifted around people that passed him before coming to stand near Fanho. With a simple squeeze, he snapped the file shut and looked up to the other shinobi as his youthful appearance betrayed the font of knowledge contained with in. "Fanho? I hear you've come for a follow up, can do that in my office if you don't mind." While it seemed like a polite suggestion, it was more implied that's where they were heading.

Shifting his body, Saigo would gesture towards the hallway that would lead them to his office. He'd wait for Fanho to join him before he''d ask him a few additional questions. "So, replacement eyes giving you any issues? Any burning? Itching? Bloody tears? Pain or discomfort?" Saigo shot off a few general questions as they walked. Listening to what Fanho might say in response. The walk wouldn't last them very long as it would seem to be only a breath away from the waiting room as Saigo opened a door and gestured his patient inside.

Red Buster Gaming Youtube ||| Red Buster Gaming Twitch
Takamori Saigo - Konohagakure Banin - [color=#93DDDB]
Takamori Jubei - Konohagakure Genin - [color=#8B658B]
Enkouten Hisone - Iwagakure Special Jounin - [color=#E87511]
Ryousei Genkaku - Sungakure Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Retired CharactersShow
Akira - Kirigakure - Special Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Ishikawa Hanzo - Sunagakure Genin - Jinch - [color=navajowhite]
Tenjirou Shigekuni - Sunagakure Chuunin - [color=fuchsia]
Itazura Bokun - Sunagakure B-Rank MN - [color=#00C1B5]
Kutsuzawa Retsu - Iwagakure Sp Jounin - [color=#EF6B00]
Shiimu Mirai - Kirigakure Bannin - [color=navajowhite]
Kojima Nao - Kumogakure -Genin - [color=#A0522D]
Matsudaira Tokoha - Sunagakure - Jounin - [color=#ED2939]
Ishiguro Nui - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=brown]
Awai Mariko - Konohagakure Chuunin - [color=#B2397F]
Jinrai Setsuko - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=#D60270]
Toukai Mukade - Kirigakure Chuunin - [color=#8B7765]

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sun May 05, 2019 7:33 pm

Fanho stood up as Saigo approached him. He greeted Saigo with a smile as he nodded and followed behind the doctor. Very shortly they were in his office and Fanho took a seat in a chair across from his desk. As the questions rolled in, Fanho collected his thoughts over the past days of having his new eyes. They we're still relatively new even after seeing field use as Fanho couldn't dare stand being tied down to bed rest or staying within the village. He was much more a field officer if anything, unbeknownst the office work of Hokage laid to wait in his future. "You know, I can't say I can complain." A grin grew across his face as he chuckled. "With the impending darkness, I think those would be the least of the worries. But I can confirm, these babies are working just fine. Haven't felt weird yet, although its really just getting used to not having my doujutsu. My sun staring days are over."

Fanho glanced around the room as he saw a picture of Saigo's family before gesturing to it. "Liking it so far in the village? I know you've been here for not too long, but I imagine its sort of a relief to be somewhere safe even if slightly foreign." He'd give a light chuckle after mentioning how his own home village was foreign. It wouldn't be foreign to him, but for someone of a different descent it'd definitely be. Saigo's family not impervious to a new land, culture, and people however it was without a doubt a welcoming one.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Tue May 28, 2019 12:45 pm

Listening to Fanho speak, the pair of them entered into his office before they were both seated, Fanho in one of the guest chairs while Saigo sat behind his desk. Bringing his arms up onto the wooden desktop, the Doctor folded his fingers as he listened before his eyes glanced to the picture of his family. Seeing himself with his wife and her large belly, he made a mental note to get a new one added to the desk that included their newborn son. "Isane has been adapting well but she gets a little nervous when she spots the people that are meant to keep an eye on us. Being under constant scrutiny isn't something I think she'll ever get used to. I on the other hand am quite used to being watched. After I became renowned as an S Rank criminal, I was used to eyes watching me but not engaging unless necessary. Seems village intel operatives took more of an interest in seeing if I was behaving or if I was a threat." Shifting his eyes to Fanho, he smiled at the younger shinobi.

"But we're not here to discuss me, are we? This is follow up appointment. So have you noticed any unusual with your eyes? Any blurry vision or trouble focusing?" Saigo asked as he stood up and came around the desk. He'd slowly reach a hand out and gently press his thumb against Fanho's chin while holding up one finger. ""Use your eyes and follow my finger." He said calmly before shifting his finger to his left slowly, taking a moment to observe Fanho's eyes for any difficulty in tracking the simple movement as he slowly shifted it to his right. He'd bring it back front and center before moving it closer to the shinobi's face in an attempt to get them to go cross eyed before he'd pull his fingers away with a smile. "I don't see anything wrong so far. I'll need to peek under the hood though."

Reaching out, Saigo pressed a finger to Fanho's head before closing his eyes. Chakra visibly glowed a pale green around his hand as the Doctor used Iijutsu to make sure all the nerve connections and fibers were still in working order. It took him only a few moments before he pulled his hand away and nodded to himself, "Yup, everything has healed up nicely but don't stress it and try to avoid getting punched in the eye anytime in the next week or two just to be on the safe side. Any other questions or complaints I should know about?" He asked, leaving the statement very much in the air as to what could come next.

Retired CharactersShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:20 pm

Fanho listened as Saigo recollected being a Missing-Nin, and his families discomfort. However the relief in his voice made it seem that it was worth being in safety, and giving his family a place to grow. "Well if she's seeing them they're not very good right? Kidding of course, maybe she'll be a little bit more at ease now." Fanho left it open for Saigo to see something Fanho was alluding to. As he watched the good doctor move his finger around Fanho followed intently with his eyes, hardly any lag less than a nano-second for the Bannin like shinobi. Fanho made his eyes go super crossed in a move of humor to make the doctor laugh. As the doctor declared Fanho seemed problem free, he gave a exaggerated sigh of relief. "Thank goodness, you know my siblings say there is a lot wrong with me, just glad to get a professionals opinion." Fanho gave a hearty laugh before the doctor touched his temple to get insight into his well being.

With the final verdict and a recommendation to avoid getting plucked by a bird Fanho sat down with a slap to the knee. "Well no bird watching for me, they'll pluck my eyes out." As the questions came round to anything else Saigo needed to know, Fanho tapped his chin before dropping his jaw a bit in search for what it was he was supposed to tell Saigo. Humorously Fanho snapped his fingers as if a flashbulb went off making him aware of what it was. Fanho reached into his back pouch as he pulled out a headband tied together with a dark blue fabric. He placed it neatly on Saigo's desk in-front of him just behind the name plaque. "I think you'll be needing one of these." With a stoic, approving, yet calm demeanor different from his usual happy go-lucky one it was a serious but friendly one.

"As a Bannin of Konoha you know you'll be expected to defend these lands, help the people, and emblazon in your heart the will of fire as it is on all of ours. Its not just words, but a life style. Also, maybe your wife can rest at ease a little bit without so many eyes as you're now one of one of those eyes, and she is one of the ones we fight for." As Fanho looked around the office he gave a gesture all around the office. "You also get to keep this cool office, but I think that might've been a given."

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:20 pm

Saigo gave a curt chuckle at Fanho's antics before the younger man seemed to have something he wanted to say. Watching them quizzically, his green eyes followed their hand as it seemed to search for something and then proceed to place it on his desk. Saigo turned his head, looking down to the desk as he observed the object. He stood there for a moment in confusion before Fanho's words reached him at last. Light glinted off the metal of the head band's metal plate emblazoned with the symbol of Konoha. He was being declared a Bannin and accepted into the village. He reached a hand out slowly and ran his fingers around the spiraling leaf symbol before gingerly pulling the object off his desk and holding it in both of his hands. The man's features betrayed hints of surprise as his eyebrows were ever so slightly raised as he looked down at the new place he'd been given.

He stood in silence, his mind racing with so many things before his gaze slowly climbed. Shifting from the head band, up the form of Fanho, and finally settling on the other man's eyes. He stared at him in the same silence for a moment before his lips moved, "Your Council and Hokage are letting me stay?" He almost whispered in disbelief. He hadn't expected them to actually to let him stay. He had lived his days here under the assumption that at some point he would be asked to leave given his status as a Missing Ninja. "What about Iwa?"

Saigo almost wanted to slap himself for asking such a question in order to stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. Still, he was definitely flabbergasted by this surprising turn of events and swallowed hard as he had to restrain himself from ditching Fanho, rushing out of the hospital, and going home to tell Isane of the news. It was certainly a piece of news that would change their worlds from this day forth.

Retired CharactersShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:59 pm

As Fanho sat back down in the chair relaxing, throwing his legs on-top of the desk he laid back with his head resting in the nook of his hands supporting it. "Indeed they are. You get a nice house and everything. From this point onward, you're one of us." As Saigo made the mention of Iwa, Fanho rolled the mention in his head a bit, as if a moldable clay he played with the idea trying to figure out how to reshape it into the answer. "Well, they're unaware. So your existence here is a bit of a secret, but if they were to find out its not something we'd give you up over. There's no reason to tell Iwa of this anyways, and its not something they need to know." Albeit the looming threat of Iwa was something that was factored, and the fact the council had already put a price on Saigo's head compared to the safety of the village, Fanho didn't see it his place to inform Saigo of such a reduction of his humanity. The young shinobi couldn't fault a man attempting to right his sins with good deeds so that he could provide a better life to his wife and child.

"You're attempting to right what you did wrong. I can't fault you for that, and I've stressed that to the Hokage and council. What you did is what you did, we've accepted that, but I hope you yourself have made peace with it. Iwa may not share this same idea with us, but I have hope of a world one day where we can come together with a true peace in the world. You'll have to be apart of that you know, sick and injured people don't just heal on their own." The young shinobi fluttered his eyebrows at the older doctor as if to invite him in on Fanho's aspiring goals that seemed far to reach for most people, but uttered with total belief and confidence when he spoke them. There was not a tinge of doubt in Fanho's words at all, and for him it was something attainable and reachable. It was just a process that with time, patience, and work he could achieve with the help of others.

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:50 am

Saigo sat in the other chair next to the one that Fanho had taken. The reply was one that made sense to him, and it was one he was going to do his damnedest to keep from this point forward. He had a mask he'd taken a shine to for protecting his face from direct impacts, shrapnel, and other such things in training but now it seemed like it was going to play a bigger role in his new duties. He shifted his eyes down and let his thumb trace over the leaf symbol on the head band once more. "That's a lofty goal. While it's not foolish or impossible, it is daunting. My desire to make amends still seems like a unreachable goal yet here we are..."

Saigo seemed to zone out for a moment as he reflected on his journey so far through life. From his horrid experiments for selfish reasons to his joining with a band of ne'er-do-wells like Henkou. The collapse of that organization that did little to nothing in its prime, his subsequent attempts to find new places to belong. Engo Mandala was probably the start of his path towards redemption as it was a chance to build a new place outside the villages. Then when it too collapsed, he set out alone to continue his work when he stumbled across his wife and saved her. If ever there was a true turning point in his life, it was in the moment of their meeting. He started to regaining his humanity, treating people as patients rather than experiments, and strove to heal the countless wounded in the world that didn't have the advantages of the shinobi villages.

Saigo frowned a little as he thought about all those people still out there in need of help. "Well, maybe with this new acceptance I can ask to do some relief missions or something. The minor countries still need good medics and helping hands, even if we're not getting paid for it. I did so much work out there, that money was never at the forefront of my mind. I just knew those people needed help, and if it wasn't for the desire to help them then I never would have met Kawa." Memories of the Konoha ninja he saved that day had been the spark for his desire to help Konoha in the first place when he got word that they had been attacked.

Retired CharactersShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Fanho gave a slap to his knee as he pointed to the newly appointed Konoha Bannin. "Now that my friend are the words I like to hear. It's also the first time I've heard you get excited over something that isn't your wife or kid." The young Bannin took a deep breath as he stood up and strode over to the window in Saigo's office peering out of it seeing a couple of kids chase each other through the alleyways pretending to be shinobi, samurai, or whichever hero of the day they decided to emulate. As Fanho looked out into the sun squinting his eyes a bit forgetting once more that he couldn't look directly into the ball of flaming gases anymore, he gave a slight chuckle to himself. "Its no longer about what the world once was Saigo, its about the world we're gonna build for tomorrow. Let go of the past, embrace the future you'll build. It won't be easy, but in due time you'll get there." Fanho's mind perhaps wondered if one day those kids would emulate Saigo, or grow up to be the next Saigo. A lofty thought, one that Saigo probably hadn't thought of, but if Saigo could change, maybe anyone could.

"You know we're building a teleportation network right? Trying to anyways. We're setting up outposts throughout Fire Country with anchors so that anyone can teleport anywhere within the country. Not to mention Kumo wants to build a railway with Konoha, extend trade, movement, and even expand your assistance efforts." Fanho scratched his chin as if in deep comedic thought. A loud, "Hmmmmm.." pursed his lips as he stared off into the distance of the window. His face scrunched raising one eyebrow over the other as he glanced at Saigo before out the window. "Perhaps it may be of use to you in your pursuit to do good?" The young man chuckled before sitting down once more next to Saigo. He truly wondered if the post-criminal Bannin would find peace in his work, or would he feel like anything he did wasn't good enough for forgiveness. Truly his crimes were horrific, his deeds unforgivable, but it certainly wasn't the end. Saigo had many more years to go to make up for what he did, but in the end Fanho hoped Saigo would be at peace with his past so he could enjoy the future and fruits of his labor.

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:33 pm

Saigo shifted his gaze to Fanho when they stood to move around the desk to stare out the window. It wasn't the best view in the world, but it let Saigo have a glimpse of the world when he needed one while he was working and needed a break. When he stated it was no longer about what the world was, the Doctor had to shake his head. "You say that, but the past is a foundation upon which the present is built to finish the new world of tomorrow. I can't let go of the past just like that. If I did, I probably wouldn't be sitting here now. The things I've done and the remorse I feel over them now help push me towards tomorrow. It's not about just shrugging off the past, but understanding it. I put blood on my hands, may my mistakes breed wiser men."

Saigo cleared his throat as he looked at the head band once more. "Besides, the past is merely a trail that allows the next generation to move further towards that tomorrow you're talking about. If we forge a path to a brighter tomorrow, it means we can set the future shinobi and people of this world in that direction. Hopefully they won't stumble as we did in our lives, no path is without it's bumps." Saigo stated, not out of lament but out hope. He didn't want people to repeat his mistakes or follow the path he'd originally set down. It was bloody, stank of death, and wasn't meant to be something a person should choose readily.

Saigo raised his gaze and looked at Fanho as they mentioned railways and teleportation networks, the Doctoring blinking as he stared blankly at him. "I know only a small fundamental basics of Jikukan techniques, at best they are amateur compared to what Konoha is probably already utilizing. I may have started expanding the styles of techniques that I know, but my strong suit will always be medicine. Healing people is just so much easier. I... I did have an idea back when I was in a minor country however. Help build a new village with this group that has long since dissolved from their lofty goals. My purpose in this group was simple, I wanted to make a teaching hospital when we finished making the village. Allow the shinobi from any country that could pay tuition to send medical ninja to us and we'd educate them in what I know. Basically what I've been doing here, but the hospital was dedicated to teaching iijutsu and the Art of Medicine. The patients could come from the minor countries and receive free treatment in exchange for being a teaching tool for handling illnesses or injuries. Doctors and local healers from villages that didn't know anything about iijutsu could be instructed in the Art of Medicine and taught how to help people without teaching them the secrets of utilizing chakra so they could still gain some insight to better elevate the standards of healthcare all over the world."

Retired CharactersShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:21 am

Fanho nodded as Saigo spoke of the past not being something he could let go. For other people it was different, their pasts wasn't something that they could let go, but rather something they needed to be their fuel for changing the future. At least the lesson learned was something Fanho could carry forward with him growing into the leadership role that he aimed for. "I guess old people have a point sometimes right?" The young Bannin grinned as he chuckled agreeing with Saigo. As the words in the air turned to opening a hospital to teach people the tools of iijutsu, medicine, and train doctors to better liken the survival rates and treatment in other villages and countries it was a lofty goal, but Fanho's mind was focused on the analytics of what Iwa would do if they learned of one of their older Missing-Nin leading a hospital underneath the Konoha name to teach shinobi the secrets of iijutsu.

"A noble goal, something I'd certainly support." The young shinobi scratched his chin obviously displaying there was doubt plaguing his mind about the idea, but for Saigo's sake it wasn't the intentions, the logistics, or the setup. It was the other villages ill-will that still existed among the world. Fanho held his hand up as he channeled raw Jikukan chakra to create a portal window no larger than a picture frame displaying a view from atop a mountain in Wind Country. "Any teleportation needs I'll be handling them on Konoha's behalf so don't worry about that, maybe I can show you a bit about it at some point to enhance your iijutsu. I already kinda use it in that sense to speed up my healing since I don't know iijutsu. We can trade jutsu." The young shinobi was very optimistic about the new relationship forming between himself and the good doctor, acting as if the two we're almost well met old friends. "I don't doubt its something our friends would appreciate it, but I have doubts about Kiri and Iwa, they're not the most trustworthy people from what I understand."

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Mon May 04, 2020 4:42 pm

Saigo watched the younger of the two men perform some kind of Jikukan technique, or perhaps it was a genjutsu? It mattered not as Saigo looked out the portal created before shifting his gaze to Fanho. "Jikukan Iijutsu? Sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth or perhaps it would require two shinobi to work effectively. Certainly an interesting prospect but without in depth analysis, it feels ultimately like a chakra dump... Although I already have some ideas on how to utilize conceptsI've created, I just need practice with them. However those concepts can wait." Saigo moved around his desk and opened a drawer, pulling out a small note pad and writing a personal note to himself for later about hiring a babysitter to take his wife out to celebrate. "A project of teleporting needs more than just a quick connection between villages. it would help secure the villages location by preventing outsiders from approaching as easily. Making way points outside the forest that can double as outposts for people coming into the village as well as watching for possible intruders. While that latter aspect is more daunting, it's better than solely relying on the defenses around the village."

Saigo slid the drawer shut as he put his note pad away. Holding up the Konoha headband, the Doctor was still stunned that he'd been granted permission none the less. It would feel odd having the protector around his forehead again, but he contemplated wearing it on his belt or perhaps around his leg. He didn't much care for how stifling they were back then on his head so other locations were being picked in his mind as he looked at the new affirmation that he was now a Konoha shinobi.

Retired CharactersShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Mon May 25, 2020 7:22 pm

"It is a bit if you already know iijutsu. I didn't have that luxury when I made it." Its true, Fanho was utterly hopeless when it came to iijutsu as he was primarily a loose cannon. He was meant for damage output, not so much support. The Doctor lamented a bit on how the teleportation network would doubly function as a sufficient means of security to safely traverse in and out of the villages and in-between them. It didn't take long for him to piece together how effective such a network would be.

"Bingo. We're already a bit in the process of getting that setup for the village itself in Fire Country. We're working on establishing outposts around the country with anchors setup so we can teleport squads and shinboi wherever necessary. Once we get the teleportation network hashed out with the others, we'll link those with the other villages to better secure our network."

Fanho pulled out a map as he showed Saigo some of the teleportation outposts he had planned to setup among Fire Country, some on the borders of Tea country and Whirlpool where they could keep eyes on any shinobi coming from their less than welcomed neighbors. He'd also have to install any safeguards to ensure the network couldn't be abused, and only used by those approved. "With this network we can streamline medical evacuations, relief, and other missions as necessary. If there's anything you can think of for us to improve it, let me know. Hopefully soon we can start your relief efforts and medical teachings across the country at first."

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:30 pm

As Fanho pulled out a map and set it upon the desk, Saigo leaned in and looked over his layout. The objective to streamline operations of various kinds was apparent and would not only improve mobility but increase security for Konoha as a whole. "Well I'd need time to take a look at the finer details, but relief squads or volunteers for relief missions are something you might wanna start screening for. You need people that can handle being under pressure, especially out in the field. You also need to find those comfortable with triage practices as there might come a time where they'll have no choice but to make the tough decision of saving someone capable of being pulled from the brink and letting someone not as worse off suffer for a little bit. Then there are also decisions like determining whether or not you can save that person on the brink or if you have only enough supplies to save the man who isn't worse off. Situational ethics are highly applicable to those kinds of situations and you have to make hard decisions that might stick with you. But, that's why I educated the minor country physicians I ran into in the Art of Medicine. Since I couldn't train them in medical Ninjutsu, I opted for methods that would more easily fit their lifestyles."

"Another thing you'll need to consider is how mobile do you want these relief teams? Are they meant to go in and set up tents and cots? Are they merely running around healing person to person? Supplies and resources play another role in deployment costs and efforts. I do believe figuring out team sizes might also play a factor as well." Saigo stated before there was a knock at the door. Straightening up, he shifted his gaze and gave the person permission to enter. The door swung in and a nurse poked her head in with a smile. "Sorry to bother you, but your next appointment is in exam room 4." With a nod from the Doctor, she departed and Saigo sighed heavily. "Well, as much as I'd like to continue this conversation, I'm afraid it'll have to wait until I'm not seeing patients. Again, thank you."" Saigo held up the forehead protector bearing the symbol of Konoha on it. "I'm sure this will ease my wife's mind a little, knowing that we've found a real home."

And with that, Saigo patted Fanho on the shoulder before pocketing the forehead protector and making his way out of the room. There was a twinkle to the Doctor's eye as he made his way down the hall towards his next patient.

Retired CharactersShow