[PB] Shinigami Fan Club

Sakaki and Saigo

Tsedas

[PB] Shinigami Fan Club

Post by Tsedas » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:52 pm

Melted, gooey, and pliable. These are but a few ways that Takamori Saigo would describe himself after the shift he just finished. Nothing particularly interesting to speak of and all the appointments were routine. He managed to keep himself alert and active, but the day itself was just a drag. He almost missed the hustle of appointments and the various post-op cares he would provide. But now? He was treating a runny nose and filing paperwork. While he'd certainly gotten more than his fair share in the past few weeks, he felt like he needed to get his adrenaline pumping somehow. As he stepped out of the hospital, he decided that perhaps some training might be useful.

RRrrrrr

At least that's what his mind thought. His stomach wanted something after showing up before the sun was even up and missing breakfast. With a sigh, fiddled with clothes before pulling a spiral themed mask out and slipping it over his face. Stepping out from the shade of the main entrance's overhang, the Doctor started making his way through village. He was getting used to the lay out of Konoha after walking the streets for so long, it was starting to feel less like a foreign place and more like home to him. 'That Suna envoy was surprised arrive today if I recall. I wonder who was meeting them? I don't recall getting assigned that duty, but then again I wouldn't put myself as the poster boy of Konoha right now either. Maybe I'll poke around after I grab some Bao or something.'

Saigo shifted down streets, passing by many people as he went. He returned greetings to those that recognized him despite the mask on his face. Along the way to the closest place that served Bao that he knew of, Saigo spent some time to answer one of his more elderly patients questions when they pumped into each other on the street. He helped to heal a kids skinned knee from when he fell while playing. Saigo even went so far as to help secure a new sliding door on a building as it seemed to be resisting the workers in getting into its groove. It was until he was approaching a street vendor that he realized that he was helping people unconsciously. He didn't weigh the decision if helping them was worth his time like, he had to stop walking as he stared up at the sky for a moment as he made a realization as to why everything seemed so more mundane to him now. 'I'm no longer using triage to treat patients. The hard choices are over now, I'm doing the no brainer work. How did I not notice it sooner? Maybe I'm starting to overwork myself again? Nah... Lack of sleep? Smalls is getting more fussy about going to bed lately when we put them in their crib. So strange, my life is becoming normal again.'

Saigo lowered his gaze, shaking his head before he started walking towards the vendor. "Cloud watching of something?" The vendor asked with an amused smile as they started pulling Bao buns from two different baskets. Giving a scoff from behind his mask, Saigo shook his head while digging money out of his pocket. "Something like that. Just getting used to having a life for a change." Handing over his money, Saigo was handed a package with two buns. "Enjoy it then! You ninja types risk life and limb on those missions of yours, live life to its fullest young man." The vendor grinned at Saigo, who grinned back because he knew the man's age from medical appointments in the past and if anyone was the younger of the two, it was the vendor. Still, price he paid for looking so young as he thanked the vendor and turned starting to walk away as he started looking for a place he could sit to enjoy his Bao.

Red Buster Gaming Youtube ||| Red Buster Gaming Twitch
Takamori Saigo - Konohagakure Banin - [color=#93DDDB]
Takamori Jubei - Konohagakure Genin - [color=#8B658B]
Enkouten Hisone - Iwagakure Special Jounin - [color=#E87511]
Ryousei Genkaku - Sungakure Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Retired CharactersShow
Akira - Kirigakure - Special Jounin - [color=#BE4F62]
Ishikawa Hanzo - Sunagakure Genin - Jinch - [color=navajowhite]
Tenjirou Shigekuni - Sunagakure Chuunin - [color=fuchsia]
Itazura Bokun - Sunagakure B-Rank MN - [color=#00C1B5]
Kutsuzawa Retsu - Iwagakure Sp Jounin - [color=#EF6B00]
Shiimu Mirai - Kirigakure Bannin - [color=navajowhite]
Kojima Nao - Kumogakure -Genin - [color=#A0522D]
Matsudaira Tokoha - Sunagakure - Jounin - [color=#ED2939]
Ishiguro Nui - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=brown]
Awai Mariko - Konohagakure Chuunin - [color=#B2397F]
Jinrai Setsuko - Kumogakure Chuunin - [color=#D60270]
Toukai Mukade - Kirigakure Chuunin - [color=#8B7765]

TyDie

[PB] Shinigami Fan Club

Post by TyDie » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:47 pm

It had been only a day since Sakaki had made it to the village of leaves, having had almost no time to do anything fun yesterday. Between checking in, filling out paperwork regarding their stay, speaking to officials and getting to their arrangements for their stay, the young girl barely had time to grab a bite to eat yesterday, let alone explore the lands she so desperately wanted to see. And so, it took little prodding to get Souta to relent and allow her a bit of freedom to explore the village, albeit with him as her guardian close in tow. "Wow, this is all so different from home, isn't it Souta? The buildings are made of wood and paper, not like our sandstone homes. These buildings would never survive the harsh desert climate, but they look so pretty here among the trees and foliage. And that smell... goodness, no matter where we go it smells heavenly! This was the best idea, coming here to Konoha."

As she spoke about coming to Konoha and such, she found herself passing by another strange smell, though one she recognized as food. Without even thinking, her nose drew her to the source of the smell, and with a small 'oof' she found that her lapse in attention caused her to literally bump into the source; a man with a strange spiral mask holding a bag. "Oh gosh, i'm so sorry sir!" Tch, why bother with apologies? Simply move on girl, this man is nothing to concern yourself with. Regardless of Shishire's interjection, Sakaki bowed before the man whom she had bumped into as a show of respect, her headband proudly displayed on her forehead for any passersby to see to show that she was indeed the cultural envoy from Sunagakure.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[PB] Shinigami Fan Club

Post by Willoria » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:14 pm

Simply in the interests of keeping the peace as an envoy, Souta did not wear his hood up or do anything to try and hide his face from the village in which he was a guest. This was a new place, he felt completely on edge here, but he knew hiding his face at all, even just under a hood, might earn some ire. He walked next to Sakaki, attempting to enjoy the sights around them as well but mostly he was obsessed with her well-being. So much so that when she bumped into a stranger he quickly reached over with both hands and led her a little further away from the man and by her shoulders before allowing her to bow and apologize. His stance he took up as she did so wasn't just at her side, but slightly ahead of her, clearly placing himself in the best position to react should the man react negatively.

However, in spite of his stance, he did not lose his own manners. "My apologies, I'm afraid my daughter and I were enjoying the sights, and the smells of food." he said, almost too formal to sound at all like himself. In truth he hated it, but as a Bannin of his village now he knew there were moments where more decorum may just be necessary. He couldn't just glare down at everyone after all. "I am Souta, this is my daughter, Sakaki." he said, keeping the introduction familial. After all, if he said he was her guardian the statement would only raise more questions.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Tsedas

[PB] Shinigami Fan Club

Post by Tsedas » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:50 pm

Saigo shifted his head and looked at some shops as he lost himself in thought again. It felt like a dream that he was actively controlling. A dream that he'd attained the life he had hoped for in the village. It was surreal as he walked, the smell of the Bao filling his nose, his stomach wanting to twist end over end to just eat it now and care about finding a sitting spot later. He raised a hand and patted his stomach in silent protest to it's demand before his arm fell back to his side and he started looking for a shady spot to take his break.

At least that was the plan until something bumped into him and he had to full stop and catch his balance as his attention snapped to the pair in front of him. He hadn't even bothered watching where he was going, but as the man pulled the girl back from him and she bowed, he listened to her apology. The man, Souta, introduced himself and his daughter Sakaki, but the head band on the girls head told him these were the envoys he'd heard rumor of. "Suna shinobi... so I guess there were envoys coming to Konoha again..." The name of the man rang a bell, but Saigo frowned behind his mask as his green eyes stared at the girl's headband.

Shifting his gaze to Souta, Saigo felt his expression shift to a neutral one as he held up his bag. "If you're enjoying the smell of food, there is a vendor that sells Bao not far from here." Saigo said, turning and pointing at said food vendor. It was then that he saw a bench being vacated. "Oh good, my usual bench opened up." Saigo said to himself, but didn't think much on saying it aloud. Turning back to the pair, he looked them both over before settling on Souta. "Why does your name sound familiar? got a last name?" He asked as he stared at the man. He didn't recall meeting him before on any of Suna's trips out here, at least none of the ones he knew of or ran into.

"By the way, my name is Takamori Saigo." He stated in a casual way, having been so used to people around Konoha knowing his name at this point.

Retired CharactersShow

TyDie

[PB] Shinigami Fan Club

Post by TyDie » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:13 pm

Sakaki puffed up at her father as he got so protective over her, putting himself between her and this masked man as if he was some dangerous enemy. "Souta, I'm not a little kid anymore, you don't have to be like that. hmph." Sakaki crossed her arms and pouted for a moment, but her ears perked up as the masked man recognized her headband. A moment later, she uncrossed her arms and grinned happily at the strange mask, as if peering through it to the man's true face. "Hehe, yup! We're official Sunagakure shinobi, on a mission to experience the culture of Konoha! It's always been my dream to see other countries... this is my first time outside of Wind Country. It's so beautiful out here, isn't that right mr..."

As if on queue, the man spoke to Souta before finally introducing himself. But that name, it was unmistakable... she knew it well. Anyone who studied Iijutsu in depth had heard that name, he had killed many and performed experiments that would sicken even the hardest of men, all in an effort to understand Iijutsu on a level never before achieved. "You're... Takamori Saigo? Like, the Takamori Saigo? I had heard you were in Konoha, but I had assumed it was as a prisoner... not a citizen! What gives? There's no way you're the same Saigo... is there?" She looked to Souta, as if somehow the man could provide her with answers. Maybe he could, but it didn't change the fact that her curiosity was running rampant. And if it were true, if this really was Takamori Saigo...

How could she benefit from this chance encounter?
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

[PB] Shinigami Fan Club

Post by Willoria » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:43 am

Souta couldn't help a smirk as he crossed his arms and watched his daughter huff at him over the way he had treated her, and of course her behavior only proved exactly why he did what he did. He didn't tell her that of course, he knew it would hit her later. He let his daughter ramble as he looked towards Saigo, realizing yet again just why he had a serious distaste for masks. As he was asked for his full name, he thought about being a smartass, but then the man gave his own name. Suddenly it seemed only right that if Saigo gave his full name, Souta should give his. "Meiyo Souta." he said, not entirely sure why his name would be familiar to the man.

But naturally, the man's name was very familiar to Souta. It would be hard to find anyone who didn't know the name, as proven when Sakaki got more excited than was good for her. Though honestly it earned a chuckle from the large Bannin. He smirked down before looking at Saigo a moment. "I can't really confirm, Sakaki, I only know the man by reputation, we've never met." he remarked. He looked at Saigo a moment before nodding towards his daughter. "Sakaki here has been studying to be a medic for some time now, quickly becoming one of our best if she keeps it up, I imagine she could learn a great deal from you."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Tsedas

[PB] Shinigami Fan Club

Post by Tsedas » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:53 am

The girl was excitable, reminding him much of an old acquaintance he'd made in the Kazekage. Were all Sunagakure shinobi so easily intrigued by the prospect of expanding their horizons? Or was it the mention of his name that made her seem this way? Glancing to Souta as he said his name, it didn't ring a bell after all. Perhaps he was thinking of someone else? Ultimately it mattered little for now, they were known to each other and the introductions were concluded. Shifting his gaze back to Sakaki, the Doctor reached up and removed his mask.

"Yes, I'm that Takamori Saigo and no, I'm not a prisoner. I volunteered my services to Konoha in the wake of the attack they suffered. The same attack that led your Kazekage across my path once again when she came here as part of a relief effort." As the mask came away, it revealed a strangely youthful appearance to a man who was easily supposed to be in his 40s or 50s. He could almost pass for a man who was barely in his 20s as he tucked the mask into his belt. "I've spent some time here in Konoha so I've earned my place as a friend." Saigo's green eyes almost seemed to glow as he looked down at the younger of the Suna ninja before glancing to Souta.

"Also, your name isn't the one I was thinking of. Apologies for the mistake. Still, if your daughter is looking to learn the medical arts then she has a long way to go. It takes years of practice and study to become competent and capable in not just iijutsu, but the human body as well." With that said Saigo motioned to the Bao vendor and the bench he had been eyeballing. "I'll be eating there if you wish to grab something to eat and join me."

Retired CharactersShow

TyDie

[PB] Shinigami Fan Club

Post by TyDie » Fri May 01, 2020 6:38 pm

Sakaki was mystified by this chance meeting, because seriously what were the chances of bumping into one of the most famous medics to ever walk the earth? Sure, he had a reputation for being cruel and unethical, but not one person could ever deny his aptitude for Iijutsu, and his understanding of human anatomy was second to none. 'Starstruck' was the best way to describe Sakaki right now, as the man revealed his visage and the sight proved the man's claim. "Wow... Lunch with Takamori Saigo? Why would I ever say no? Come on Souta!" Sakaki would race off, practically pulling Souta off to get some steamed dumplings from the vendor before rushing back to sit with the doctor.

"Now that I have some food to eat alongside you..." the young girl started, producing a small red bean bun before munching it for a second. "... I wanted to say really fast that i'm already very accomplished in Iijutsu. If there's a scroll for it, I've learned it. However, the scrolls pertaining to Iijutsu are so expansive that I find it difficult to think up anything unique, anything that hasn't been done. Surely someone of your skill level and aptitude has come up with some tricks of the trade that no one else knows, right? Maybe something you'd be willing to show me? After all, you're with Konoha now; If you've earned out ally's trust, you've earned ours as well, right Souta?" The young woman looked to her father with a smile and a wink, before finishing her bean bun.
Active Characters

Willoria

[PB] Shinigami Fan Club

Post by Willoria » Fri May 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Sakaki might have aimed to drag Souta off, but she wouldn't quite succeed. The man was significantly stronger than her after all, chuckling as he watched her race off to get food. "We'd love to join you. Thank you." he said to Saigo politely and nodding briefly before following his daughter. Naturally he bought her whatever she wanted, laughing as she raced off without realizing she'd only taken half her meal with her. Eventually he followed with a couple of cold drinks in hand and additional food. Of course by time he got there, Sakaki was already seated and he took a seat beside her, handing off the rest of Sakaki's food to her as well as the drink.

He fell quiet and listened to the two talk, smirking to keep from laughing as his daughter gushed and exchanging an apologetic look with Saigo. When a break finally came in Sakaki's words, ironically when she asked Souta a question, that smirk remained on his face as he looked down at her and raised an eyebrow. "Slow down before you choke on your food." he answered instead, knowing full well how embarrassed she was probably about to get.

Tsedas

[PB] Shinigami Fan Club

Post by Tsedas » Mon May 04, 2020 11:46 pm

Saigo took a seat on the bench, leaving room for the pair as the girl practically dragged Souta off behind her. Reaching into the bag he had, Saigo pulled out a Bao bun and took a sizeable bite from it, getting some of the filling in the process. As he was rejoined by the pair, the girl took a bite of her food before going on a tangent about having read through scrolls of iijutsu. Smirking, the Doctor scoffed as he stared down at his Bao. "Then you're only part of the way there. Learning from scrolls teaches you things, of that there is no doubt. But learning through practical application is an entirely different thing. You might have had a library to work with in Suna, but Konoha got an update when I came here. Everything I know, they now know... Mostly. I have some things in the field of Iijutsu that don't belong in hospitals."

Saigo took a bite from his bun, chewing for a moment as he savored the char siu style pork inside that was mixed with some kind of sauce that gave it some tang and a bit of bite from the heat it held. Swallowing, he looked to the girl before raising his eyebrows. "The only thing I lack the power to do is raise the dead without sacrificing myself in trade. I'm adept at performing body modifications, performing organ transplants, and have a handful of offensive Iijutsu at my disposal. Of course, I have a few other Iijutsu techniques as well that I've developed to help keep things running smoothly during surgeries."

Retired CharactersShow