Busy Bee

Dot and Izanagi

hobnob

Busy Bee

Post by hobnob » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:56 pm

The start was wonderful, Izaki managed to get out of bed and head out without being shouted at by his mother for once.

‘I wish I could have more days like these!’ he said as he was flying over the Village Hidden in the Leaves. Takashi, was his favourite art work, the versatility of the technique was wide but most importantly, it allowed him to do this. Flying around on a great hawk was his favourite activity, just after helping people in need of course and this is exactly what he was doing, patrolling.

The usual route around the village started off at the one and of the centre and working his way around, making sure that all the bars and pubs were trouble-free. That’s where bulk of the problems was; people fighting while drunk mostly results in innocent pedestrians being involved by a drunkard in a frenzy. But today, the coast was clear; not a single drunk who hasn’t made it home from the night before. The joy of not having to smell the breath of a drunk while helping them through the doorway of his home is what made Izakis day.

‘At this rate I’ll be going home soon…’ he thought as he ended the reconnaissance flight of the village centre. It was time to visit his second least favourite part of the village, the not-so-well-off part. The area seemed to be governed by its own rules, the youth seemed to spend their time just causing trouble and the parents didn’t seem to be bothered by any of it. But this is the reason why Izaki was doing this; if the trouble is kept amongst the youth its fine, but at the point where the youth begin hassling the elderly, is the point Izaki intervenes and by the looks of things, Izaki has just found someone whose day is about to get turned upside down.

An old lady was simply keeping herself busy by going for a walk, until a group of kids who looked slightly older than Izaki was decided to steal her walking stick and run off with it.

‘Oh no you don’t,’ Izaki muttered under his nose while he dashed through the sky until he was parallel with the bunch. At this point, the great hawk performed the inverted flight manoeuvre, using his chakra to remain attached to the bird the boy was now watching the group making a run for it. A scroll was dislodged from his belt and unravelled, with a few quick moves of the brush covered in ink, Izaki draw another of his versatile artworks, a swarm of wasps. Which after a moment escaped their bindings of the scroll and were making their way towards the group.

Unfortunately, they were dashing through an alley way, and the swarm was much, much quicker than them. It separated into two, one began flying from one end of the alley, and the other from the opposite end. It was about to get messy.

‘What the hell is that!?’ the bunch screamed in unison before turning their back to run the opposite direction only to find that they were trapped.
The swarm dashed towards them from both sides and their screams got louder as it got nearer. There was no escape from this. The two groups collided, or at least it looked like they did from above. But actually, the wasps simply flew past each other and in all this mayhem, the teen dropped the stick.

‘Gotcha…’ the artist spoke while the swarm manoeuvred itself around and picked up the walking stick before the ascending up into the sky. No youths were hurt in this stunt. They simultaneously looked up to see where the swarm was heading, to see the source of their trouble.

‘Don’t pick on the elderly, instead go and join the ninja academy and do something useful!’ Izaki roared down at them, but no response came and it was time to return this hazel wood walking stick to its rightful owner.
The bird once again manoeuvred in the air and Izaki dashed back to where the lady was last seen. He landed beside her, gently, and walked over to hand back her necessity. The next few moments were full of appreciation and gratitude to which the boy was used to by now. Moments later he was back on Takashi, about to take flight.

‘What else will today bring I wonder,’ the boy thought.
JutsuShow
Ink Release: Swarm
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Using a paintbrush and a scroll, the user draw a swarm of insects of their choice. This swarm can then be used to disorientate the victim. Although this jutsu has no attacking potential, it is a very valuable asset as every individual insect moves at a speed equal to [Control]. Any contact on the creature will disperse it. The amount of insects which is possible to create is limitless, although more insects will place a higher chakra drain on the user. Jutsu remains active until all the insects are destroyed or the used deactivates the jutsu.

Ink Release: Takashi
C-Rank Ninjutsu
A great hawk which is more a supporting technique than one which is used for attacking or defending. Although it can be used for such measures but its efficiency drops greatly in such application. Takashi’s strength and speed is equal to ten if not in contact with the user, and it is also only able to move in a straight line. However if the user is in touch with Takashi, the bird moves at a speed and strength of the jutsu is equal to [Control]. The bird is able to carry up to two people on its back during flight and is fully controlled by the user. The jutsu remains active for as long as the user wishes to.
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

Izanagi

Busy Bee

Post by Izanagi » Sat May 02, 2020 8:59 pm

Yozei found himself in a rather muddled emotional state. It had been a full month since he had participated in the tournament in Star Country. Despite only being a Chunin he had competed against the Kazekage and actually managed to hold his own, displaying his prodigious talent in Katon style ninjutsu. Though he had ultimately lost the match was far closer than anyone could have anticipated, one of the three judges had even ruled in his favor. If he had been able to hold out just a little longer he might have actually won! More on the basis of technicalities, strategy, and good use of flamboyant and entertaining jutsu than sheer talent but a potential win nonetheless. Ordinarily, he would have been promoted for such a remarkable performance though other events had dictated that he be held back from Special Jounin until he could get his mind right. But some things were not so easy to resolve.

The 16-year-old with medium length auburn hair and striking cerulean blue eyes wandered through the village. He didn’t have any particular designation, simply immersing himself in the village helped remind him how fortunate he was to even be a shinobi and be accepted into this new home. ‘I have to move forward. I owe it to my dad’ he considered, inhaling as he arched his back, looking up at the serene blue skies. A shadow caught his eye. No, a large black hawk, he realized upon turning, noting too that there was a figure riding on top of it. The figure slipped out of view, past a few buildings and Yozei wondered for a moment if that was something to be concerned about. It wasn’t unusual to see people with summons or using jutsu even in the middle of the village but few flew through the air like that. A few moments later he heard screams and buzzing? Was an aburame under attack? There was only one way to find out exactly what was going on.

Leaping to the nearest rooftop Yozei kept his left hand on the red lacquered sheath that contained the katana at his hip. He wasn’t paranoid or overly reactive by any mean’s but he was prepared to dispel conflict if necessary or gather intel and report back in the unlikely situation that it was a conflict beyond his capacity to deal with. Leaping between a few buildings the young shinobi came into view of the alley, just in time to see the kid pick up the stick as the others ran off. ‘What kind of jutsu is that?’ he wondered, noting the shadowy quality of both the insects and the bird. Upon closer inspection and as the formations flew off, he noted that they looked like they had physical substance, some kind of liquid perhaps. Moreover, that kid was surprisingly young, he would have assumed him to be an academy student if not for the obvious use of jutsu and the glint of the forehead protector he had noticed.

Following along at a comfortable speed, Yozei would leap down a few meters away from the kid after the old woman had been given her walking stick. “So that’s what all the commotion was about” he stated, making, sighing a breath of relief. His hand still rested on his sheath but in a passive, relaxed way. “I’ve never seen jutsu like that before, quite impressive. What was that if you don’t mind me asking?” he wondered politely. The way Yozei stood, with disciplined posture and even his refined speech might have indicated some level of privilege in his education and upbringing. Still, his gentle smile and warm eyes were genuine.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

hobnob

Busy Bee

Post by hobnob » Tue May 05, 2020 3:10 am

“I’ve never seen jutsu like that before, quite impressive. What was that if you don’t mind me asking?” the youth heard just before they took flight and Takashi spun around to so they were both facing the individual who spoke. Izakis instinct told him that the youth speaking was a child born in a well raised family, perhaps the child of a feudal lord. That's how the teenager sounded, but when the youth managed to land his eyes on him, he was slightly surprised. The shiny auburn hair and cerulean blue eyes made the boy stand out easily, but what's more is the fact that the boy had a katana strapped to his hip and he was wearing a chunin outfit. His voice was very deceptive, this individual was the last person the youth was expecting to see when his voice was initially heard. Question arose in his mind as his interest in who this boy was grew.

'Oh, this is Takashi, he's one my drawings.' the youth said with a smile on his face, no one has ever asked him about his techniques, bu bare in mind that most of the time his ink techniques were after them, this probably didn't leave them much time to ask questions. Izaki hopped off the bird and made his way closer to the teen, thinking that it was rude of him to talk while stood couple of feet above the other. Now however, Izaki realized how much taller this individual was, it was him who was now towering over the youth. But Izaki couldn't just jump back onto Takashi, that would look rather odd, so he simply made his way over to teen and randomly began to mimic his body language. What was the youth thinking? With a straightened back, his hand on his sword, in a way one could say was a little less than relaxed, the silly twerp tried to show who the sheriff in town was. The teenager towering over him by a wide margin, Izaki just looked like a little boy at the playground, trying to act tough about the swing.

'So who might you be?'] the youth demanded, also trying to mimic the elders prosody, which only resulted in him coming across as even more of a brat, the goal to copy the teenagers dialect was an obvious failure and now the youth wondered what this person would think of him, making him slightly anxious.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Izanagi

Busy Bee

Post by Izanagi » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:59 pm

The teenager made a contemplative noise, he hadn’t considered art being utilized for ninjutsu before. “Neat. That’s really creative” he mused, he wondered if that was some form of Suiton ninjutsu extension or more like a general ninjutsu variant. He wasn’t particularly knowledgeable about all the intricacies of ninjutsu or the many different styles that were found even just within Konoha. Yozei hadn’t realized quite how young the ink user was until he jumped off the bird, he must have been a fresh graduate of the academy, or maybe in his last year and one of the most talented of his class. It seemed he would become someone of note in the coming years, that much he could anticipate already.

Yozei didn’t seem bothered much by the mimicking behaviour, if anything his eyes softened a little, his features holding back a smile. He had younger siblings and was well used to some playful teasing. If anything, he was a little surprised by the boy’s observations and maybe a little embarrassed that even after the years in Konoha he still retained some old mannerisms. Still, he maintained his stance, though it may seem a little rigid to him it was a relaxed state and one that had been deeply trained into him, not so much due to training with a sword but more so the teachings of proper posture and etiquette. “Ah, my apologies. I’m Yozei” he introduced, naturally bowing his head slightly while keeping a straight back. Certainly, he had toned down the formalities considerably from his childhood though despite his relative laziness and relaxed attitude he still had hints of more prestigious vocabular and behaviours. “You’re clearly very talented. May I ask? How old are you?” he wondered, was this the type of progress he would have made if he had been introduced to ninjutsu at the usual age? It was hard to say and he had no real metric to compare to, his first year in Konoha had been rough but after a while, he quickly surpassed most others in his own class.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

hobnob

Busy Bee

Post by hobnob » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:30 pm

A soft smile was ever-present upon the youths face. He realized that the boy stood before him was kind and there was no need to behave in such a condescending way. His posture softened but he remained straight backed just like the teenager stood before him; he realized that this stance was actually very comfortable. His usual posture was more laid back, not necessarily slouched, just more relaxed. When the teen complemented his creative skills Izaki replied with a slight shrug of his shoulders. 'I don't know, maybe, I just like to paint.' he said, allowing his normal, slightly overt tone to take over. He might have been raised on the road, but his mother had made sure that he presented himself well.

Takashi made his way over to the youth and gave him a little nudge, stealing his gaze for a brief moment. It appeared that the bird wanted attention, but actually the jutsu was soon going to disperse unless it made contact with Izaki. The youth scratched its head, and the bird in return behaved like it was a living creature. It quickly twisted its neck to show that it was enjoying the scratching, Izaki let out a little chuckle before looking back at the teenager who had just introduced himself as Yozei. It made the youth realize, that he had not introduced himself either. 'Yozei? I'm Izaki, Shimada Izaki. Good to meet you.' the boy finally said; as he did so, Takashi took a couple of steps forwards, lowering his upper body as if he was bowing, but also trying to get the teenager to do the same as Izaki had; a nice scratch on the top of its head.

'I'm eleven,' the youth said as Takashi was trying to steal the teenagers attention. 'Can I ask you, were you raised in Konoha? You don't seem like a ordinary Konoha shinobi.' he finished after a short pause he took to take a breath and organize his thoughts. It was truly interesting, Izaki had never met someone in this village who carried themselves in the way that Yozei had; although he had only been in this village a few years so he had not had a chance to meet a great amount of people.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Izanagi

Busy Bee

Post by Izanagi » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:59 pm

Yozei nodded in understanding. It was good to have hobbies, especially when they could be translated over to shinobi skills. In his childhood he had learned calligraphy and had spent a good amount of time with ink and brush, painting on occassion though he couldn't say that he enjoyed it. They had simply been among his many chores and studies that were thrust upon him to occupy his time. "It's wonderful to have such strong interests" he commented kindly. He was almost a little envious of Izaki's passion. Even swordsmanship was something he had been instructed in previously and had largely neglected since moving to Konoha.

So much of his time had been spent trying to catch up to others and make his father proud in his study of ninjutsu that he had forgotten much of what he had been taught at the palace. He was remarkably proficient in Katon ninjutsu now and even quite skilled with Doton but he wasn't sure if he could say that he truly enjoyed it, as always he was simply used to insurmountable expectations and a rigorous schedule of studying and self improvement though that left little time for physical training, something he was steadily trying to incorporate more of. "Nice to meet you too" he completed the greeting before his attention shifted to the ink hawk and he found himself suddenly flooded with nostalgia. He reached out a hand to touch its head, scratching gently as his eyes softened and his smile deepened. "You know, as a child I used to practice falconry. I quite liked it in fact. Our mews house some of the finest falcons and hawks in all of Fire country." He admitted fondly, in fact they were THE finest, specially bred and world renowned. He noted the boys age, an impressed look gleaming in his clear blue eyes. But before he could comment he was asked about his upbringing.

Yozei wasn't particulalry surprised, he didn't go terribly out of his way to hide his lineage but he also didn't like to make it overtly known for fear of being singled out and treated differently. As one who grew up in a palace he was used to people putting on fake niceties or trying to vie for power while talking poorly of others behind their backs. As such he had found it difficult to trust others and form friendships upon moving to Konoha and as soon as he graduated the academy he had made efforts to keep his last names secret until he got to know someone first so that he could get off on the right foot and judge later if he was treated with fake praise. "You're right. I've only been living in Konoha for a little over 5 years now. I moved here on the day the 17th Hokage was inaugurated actually. Before that I lived in the royal palace of the Harukatsu family. But dont get the wrong idea or anything, I'm not some prince, not really. Just have some connections I suppose." He attempted to downplay the situation, his expression and posture stiffening nervously. Most would recognize the Harukatsu name as one of the two royal families of Fire country, with the Daimyo alternating every 15 years between the heads of the two royal families, the other being the Toshikane. The current Daimyo interestingly was a Harukatsu and had come to power in the same year as the newest Hokage, meaning there were still 10 years left in his rule. That man in fact was Yozei's Grandfather on his mothers side; whereas the current Hokage was Yozei's father.

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”