The Other One

[CLOSED] - Dot and Lac

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Sun May 10, 2020 3:23 am

The streets turned into human magnets when the rays made contact. They were heaving, people leaving the comforts of their home to do a great lot of nothing. Just wonder about and spend money on things they didn't need, for what purpose? out of sheer boredom. That wasn't me, I had a purpose, one that didn't have much to do with the busy streets of Konoha. But, I had to get some supplies before I headed out to spend some time out in the field. So my first stop was going to be: Shokuhin sōko. A large warehouse, full of fresh produce, meat, ready meals and lots of other groceries. I was there for the first option. Fresh produce was my go-to when I was heading out. You just can't beat it. So, I wondered up to the merchant;

'Morning Looki. Can you get me an apple, two bananas and a decent vine of grapes please?' he did his usual; a nod; a shuffle; and soon he was back with the merch. I was happy. I carefully stuffed it all into my bag so that it wouldn't get squashed, waved Looki goodbye, and made my way to the next stop; Āto no sekai, the place where I get all my many art supplies. I needed to pick up a new brush, so that my paintings would take on another level. Painting landscapes wasn't an easy feat, making those tiny details stand out was truly tough. Hopefully with my new brush I will be able to be just slightly better, although it wasn't all about the brush, it was about the painter too; only time would tell whether my skill was enough to satisfy my expectations.

There is always something that gets in the way of the task you are carrying out. This time it, it was two merchants arguing about the prices of their goods. The ridiculous thing about this whole situation was, they were fact that they had their set ups right next to each other; a silly mistake! I decided to hang around for a little bit to see whether the issue would escalate. These two were both big individuals, spent their whole life working big. Their hands were big enough for them to easily wrap around my head, probably strong enough to squash it too. They both wore thick aprons, made of tough leather and coated with layers of grease that has built up over the many years of use. I began to lean on a wall of the nearby pub, it was closed so there was no worry that some raging pub owner would storm out and shout at me for doing so. I watched as the two battled each other with words; the arguments they were bringing into the conversation seemed fodder, almost as if they were doing this for the fun of it. They were both old and probably didn't have anything else to do, so why not eh?

A few moments passed and I waited, and waited, and eventually it happened. One pushed the other and the other retaliated by pushing the one. I made a move towards the quarreling duo; the plan was to force them away from one another so they could get some breathing room. Once again, something got in the way of the task I was about to complete, but this time it was my fault, I was too slow.

'Hmph...' I let out in a whisper, the sound of frustration leaking out of me.
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Sun May 10, 2020 7:23 am

In and out, in and out, the sound of heavy almost raspy breath filled the room. A young man sprawled out on a large double bed, with the duvet just hanging off him. Wearing nothing but a small pair of blue shorts. The sun shining through a crack in the curtain, catching the dust, as though it was a solid beam of light as though it could be grabbed.

“Nobu!”

No response, the boy in the bed didn’t even stir as his name was called. He was ‘dead’ to the world, his slumber so deep it would take more than a casual shout up the stairs to get him up. Enya, Nobu’s father did exactly that, pushing open the door loudly it banged against the wall so hard the room almost shook.

“Nobu, get up.”

A slight stir this time, a slight kick off the foot and the ears perked up, even a hint of a slight groan? Almost intelligible. Enya bounded over, ripping open the curtains and filling the room with light, the sun cascaded over his body and pushed through his eye lids, as though to be yelling at him to get up. His hand patted around the bed, searching for the duvet, his fingertips finally found it clutching at it and dragging it over himself. Shielding himself from the sun. As quickly as it was over him, it was dragged away and a thick powerful hand hit the back of his head.

“Nobu , get up.”

This time his tone serious and firm, the young boy sighed and rolled over. Finally his slumber was disturbed and his eyes flicked open, looking up at his father who had a stern look on his face “I need your help, the lads have stocked the boxes but I need to get them over to the market.” Nobu put up his hands as though he was going to protest “I don’t want to hear it. You might be a ninja now but you still have to fulfil your duties on the farm, Yoru didn’t stinge on his duties and neither should you.” Enya turned on his heels, shaking his head in annoyance. Leaving the boy to get ready.

Aizawa, Yoru a name that Nobu heard everyday of his life, a constant reminder of what he should be. A shadow that stopped his own light shining bright. He was doomed to be The other one.

The market was crammed with people, it was claustrophobic. People flocked to the markets, but it made them happy and it helped financed Nobu’s lifestyle and the ‘Aizawa Ranch’ a now thriving company that put food on the table of thousands of people across the Fire Country. Nobu’s arms were wrapped around a large crate of vegetables that was meant to be delivered to the pub, many pubs and inns made large stews that they would sell through out the day. It was cheap easy and turned a good profit.

As Nobu came around the corner to the pub, the owner seemed to be yelling at another young boy that Nobu was sure he recognised, his headband was a dead giveaway. A shinobi like him, he was sure he’d seen him around the academy. Though he wasn’t too sure, Nobu usually kept himself to himself. His gaze caught his just for a moment, as he carried through box though into the pub. The pub owner followed Nobu back in to sign for the delivery.

A few moments had passed and Nobu was coming back out of the pub, their seemed to be a physical altercation of some kind, two men yelling and the other Genin seemed to be getting involved. He wondered what the young boy was intending to do, why was he getting involved at all? Men were fighting up and down the country all the time, it wasn’t the job of shinobi to break up small time brawls. They were here to save the world from evil, be real heroes. Though perhaps this young boy thought that’s what he’s doing?
CharactersShow

The White Eyed Demon of the Leaf
Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Sun May 10, 2020 4:59 pm

The youth stopped in his tracks, as a woman of an equal size burst onto the scene and began shouting at the the men arguing. She was scarier than they were, through her attitude. The way she screamed and ordered them to move away from each other made Izaki do the exact same thing. Any spectators would see him moon-walking back to his original spot. He hoped that the woman did not see him because that would most likely be the end of him, her temper was untameable and she was more fierce than his mother was. Soon enough the two went back to minding their own business and selling their goods.

Izaki let out a big sigh, he was now glad he stopped when he did otherwise now the woman would have been shouting and screaming at him for assaulting one of her husbands... maybe both of them were her husbands, Izaki pondered the pointless thought. The streets returned to normal; people began heading to their destinations. The youth joined them and began walking towards the store, but once he took the first step, he noticed another genin stood there, watching. After a brief moment he let out;

'That was close...' then smirked and scratched the back of his head, he didn't know how long the youth was watching him for and felt embarrassed.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Mon May 11, 2020 9:25 am

Nobu watched as a rather ‘large’ woman bounded over, setting fear into the men and the other genin who seemed to moonwalk back into his place, turning around and noticed Nobu looking at him. A swell of embarrassment seemed to swell over him and scratching the back of his head, which was often a sign of feeling nervous.

“Close indeed.” The young Genin mumbled back, seeming to almost not care about the situation. Nobu pondered why this boy wouldn’t even get involved, he tutted and shook his head moving away from the boy. He had no need to talk to him and didn’t have much interest in it either.

Aizawa, Enya a thick set man with shaggy greying hair came bounding round the corner with a horse and cart, with a variety of crates and boxes, filled with supplies for the market.

“Oi, Nobu. Come help me get these off.” The large man, hopped off the cart and smiled at the arriving Genin “Your friend can help as well.” His tone suggested that it, wasn’t a suggestion and very much an order. Perhaps Enya was simply used to being the boss and just often barked out orders “Don’t worry, their will be a couple of ryo for you in it.” He said with a booming laugh, patting the the young genin on the back with a touch too much force. Despite Enya not being a shinobi, his strength was surprisingly overwhelming and it was likely the Genin would feel this.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Mon May 11, 2020 2:59 pm

The youth watched as the other genin began to make his way away from him. Izaki found this boy to be odd, different from the rest of the genin he has met. He seemed to not care on bit about making new friends, or just meeting people in general. That wasn't usually the way people turned out after graduating the academy, most were friendly to their own, not this guy; Izakis curiosity increased.

A nostalgic feeling filled the youth as the horse and cart arrived before him. He has not been around horses since him and his mother have moved to Konoha. It was strange seeing this one in the middle of it, but equally, it was nice to see one. Izaki wandered over the the horse as the big lump of a working man jumped off the cart and began speaking to the genin;

'What sort of a name is Nobu?' the youth thought when he overheard the man speak. It made him think of a door knob, it sure sounded a bit like it. With his left hand, he reached out and allowed the animal to smell him, before he gently moved it onto the side of its mouth and began rubbing, gently. His right hand moved towards the muzzle, rubbing it gently with his knuckles;

'You're a good pony, aren't you?' he let out with a smile on his face. It always brought him joy to mess around with the horses his family used to have. When he overheard the man speak he was well happy about the idea, he would get to spend more time with this beautiful beast. Suddenly, the powerful hand smacked his back, almost forcing him to into the pony, but definitely giving both of them a quiet a serious fright. Once he recovered he turned around and looked up at the man towering over him;

'Ha, sure thing. Will you let me paint this one once we're done?' he asked with a smile on his face. But before he got a reply, he made his way over to the cart and began unloading its contents. It he felt like he was a child again, helping his parents with their belongings, unloading them before they made camp. A day that was going to be good, has now had the potential to be great.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Mon May 11, 2020 5:51 pm

Nobu watched the young boy as he stroked the horse, obviously an animal love. Just like himself. It would be strange if Nobu didn’t like animals, he was raised on a farm after all and spent his days with a variety of livestock, had to rear them and care for them, even though many were born to be slaughtered.

“Paint? No, it’s not a paint horse it’s a shire horse?!” Enya’s chuckled softly, confused why the boy thought such a large horse was a paint horse. “No, Dad he means he’d like to paint the horse. He’s an artist.” Enya let out a boom of embarrassed laughter, so loud people in the market turned and stared at him. His chuckle slowly diminished though his cheeks were a little red from embarrassment.

“Nobu aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend?” he asked, quickly trying to change the subject. Nobu hand his hands around a large crate and heaved it off, simply muttering “He’s no friend of mine.” Enya looks at the young man and sighed, as though apologising for his sons rude behaviour “Well, I’m Enya and this is Nobu! Lets follow Nobu with a crate each.” Enya pulled up two crates, one over each shoulder and bounded over as he followed Nobu to the butchers.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Thu May 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Izaki chuckled hearing the mans response to his request. He was definitely a farmer, they were all a little bit rare. Probably spending too much time with the animals. But, they did make good friend though. The country folk were usually people of their word, you could trust them, they were the least likely to try and get to riches over the bodies of the people to whom they faked a friendship with. And the excessive laugh just confirmed it, not a care in the world. Izaki liked this guy, he couldn't say the same thing about his son, Nobu.

After the remark the son made, Izaki preferred to stick to papa Enya. He grabbed a crate and followed him into the butchers. The crate was heavy and Izaki was having a little bit of trouble carrying it. It was more the awkwardness of the crate more than anything else. So, he ended up imitating Enya and carrying it on his shoulder just like he was; this was much easier.

Eventually, they were inside and they set the crates down one on top of the other. At this moment Izaki was starting to gag a little; the smell didn't agree with him, it was evident that this was his first time at the butchers. He placed his fist against his mouth, thumb end, and continued to look around. Cow and pigs, were the majority of the carcasses there were hung up.

While Enya was busy talking to the butcher, Izaki wondered up to Nobu;

'Do you do this every week...' he spoke, struggling to keep his composure.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Thu May 14, 2020 5:25 pm

Nobu carried the heavy boxes over his arms, even though he was now a shinobi and had quite enough strength for such a menial task, though the pure size of the box made it awkward to carry causing the young man to walk with a waddle.

Managing to get into the butchers, he heaved the heavy box on to the counter it hit with a loud thud. He dusted off his hands as his gaze turned to other young genin who seemed to be gagging, Nobu rolled his eyes in annoyance as the boy began to speak to him.

“Yes.” He sighed, pushing back the ginger hair out of his eyes keeping it back in place “The Aizawa ranch is very busy and I have to help and you know. You are very rude.” The gall of Nobu to call anyone rude, how could he possibly say such a thing. No one as rude as Nobu. “You never introduced yourself once my Dad gave you our names.” Yoru turned and headed to the butchers “Come on, there is two more.” As he stepped out into the busy market.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Tue May 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Izaki eventually managed to get a hold of his bodily reactions to the smell. This was a novel situation to him and like all novel situations, one sometimes struggled to react accordingly. But now that Izaki has had the experience, IT wouldn't happen again. The youth lowered his hands and placed them in his pockets, looking up at the boy who was a few years older. Upon hearing the name 'Aizawa,' the youths body language changed. He responded with a mini-flinch, he had heard the name before, a long time ago now, but he still remembered the person with that name well. That person saved Izakis life once, and was the reason he was right here, in this very moment, he owed a lot to him. However, Izaki thought that it was best to keep this quiet for the moment, he remembered Nobus reaction to his father comparing him with his brother, named Yoru.

Izakis composure returned and the youth began paying attention to what the boy has said to him. And the cheek of it. He was the last person who could call anyone rude, on the other hand however, he did have a valid point;

'Shimada Izaki.' The youth said calmly before they both began heading out to get the remaining crates.

Izaki picked up one of them and lifted it up onto his shoulder, apparently the tested method was the best way of tackling this task. Before headed back in he looked over at the two merchants, who appeared to be getting on just fine and he let out a small chuckle. How could it be that people were able to be at each others throats one moment, and having a good laugh the next? It was one of the wonders of life. When the duo was heading back to the butchers, Izaki looked over at Nobu;

'Why did you become a shinobi?' He let out with deep curiosity in his voice. An individual such a Nobu had no need to be involved in military matters, the farm definitely provided his family with sufficient income to be able to live a long and happy life.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Wed May 20, 2020 11:26 am

Nobu took note of Izaki’s slight flinch and his body language completely seemed to changed as Aizawa Ranch was mentioned. Nobu was no fool, he knew how many peoples lives Yoru touched, perhaps it was something to do with him? People often became awkward around Nobu once his dead brother was brought up. The young Genin didn’t press the matter and decided to just leave it, he’d rather not talk about Yoru anyway, if it could be helped.

Hoisting the final crate over his shoulder he waddled slightly, trying to keep the box balanced as the pair headed towards the butchers. Nobu cringed at Izaki’s question Why did you become a shinobi? so many people constantly searched for meaning. Of course Yoru had his reasons, he wanted to protect his country, the village that had given his family a new life, something Yoru hadn’t dealt with himself, but his family often told him of the suffering they’d gone through and he knew everything about the enslavement. He actually planned one day to become a medical shinobi, he felt that would be the best way to help as many people as possible. Though his reasons were his own and he didn’t plan on sharing them. “Does it matter? To protect, for power, fame, glory, whatever the reasons were all shinobi.” He walked into the butchers carrying the box.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Wed May 20, 2020 2:00 pm

The youth carefully processed Nobus response and crafted and begun crafting an answer as they walked through the butchers entrance. It sounded that the boy had become a shinobi for no apparent reason. But there must have been, why would anyone put their life on the line when they could easily just work on keeping their family tradition going? That was the case for majority of the youth these days that had the option. So why a boy, only a little older than Izaki himself, decide to put his life on the line and then claim that he had no reason for doing so? Izaki was going to get to the bottom of this, regardless of how long it took.

'Does it matter? No, not really, I like it when things make sense, and I'm struggling to make sense of why YOU, would want to be a shinobi, why not paint your own way through life?' The youth said after placing the last good in the pile they have made and looked at the boy next to him. After his deep, thought provoking, interrogative statement, the youth turned around and walked over to inspect some of the carcasses that were hanging off a hook above the ground. Seeing this brought back memories of the days he used to spend his time roaming around a forest with his father, hunting. However, that was different from this, they would only hunt small animals, they would only hunt animals of this size when they were making camp for a longer period of time. Eventually, he turned back to the other boy; hopefully he had something to say.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Wed May 20, 2020 4:06 pm

It seemed as though this Genin was trying to touch a nerve, though Nobu wouldn’t be so easily swayed to anger, least not by someone of the likes of him. Suggesting that Nobu hadn’t carved his own path and was just stepping blindly into the life of a shinobi.

Iza seemed to get over his dislike of the raw meat, getting quite close to the hanging carcasses, then quickly came back to Nobu as though expecting to get an answer, as though he had uttered a wise, thoughtprovoking sentence. “I’m a shinobi because I choose to be, it’s of no concern of yours why.”

“OK boys! Thanks for the help.” The butcher handed Enya a bag full of Ryo, he pulled a few out giving some to each of the boys “Sorry I didn’t catch your name?” Nobu smirked looking at the boy “His name is Shimada, Izaki he seemed to forget to tell it to you Dad.” Enya locked eyes with Nobu, his nostrils flared in annoyance “Nobu, stop with this attitude right now. You’re going to be joining your first squad tomorrow and you can’t even get on with another Shinobi, your brother made as many friends as he could. Perhaps you should do the same.” He scalded the boy, Nobu retreated into himself, pushing his hands into his pockets, lowering his head “I’m sorry.” He muttered softly.

Enya sighed and turned to the other Genin, “Izaki! Great. Thank you again for the help, my wife will of made some dinner for the hands back on the ranch I’d like to invite you to dinner, to say thanks!” Assuming Izaki accepted the invitation he would lead the two boys to the kart.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Wed May 20, 2020 4:59 pm

It appeared as though The Genin had touched a nerve;

“I’m a shinobi because I choose to be, it’s of no concern of yours why.” are the words that had left the older boys mouth and Izaki could not help but to smirk under his nose, disguising it under his hand, that he used to wipe his nose. A few seconds later, the deep voice of his father ricocheted of the walls of the empty building. Although the tone of his voice was pleasant, the depth of it put Izaki on his guard, but soon this guard was lifted the moment his son, Nobu, began to speak, the youth still had a while to go until he would catch up to his father, or The Other One.

'Honestly mister Enya, it's no trouble at all, we all have our days and today obviously isn't Nobus.' The youth said with a wide, wide smile on his face and his hand scratching the back of his head, simultaneously, his other hand moved in an arch, in an attempt to smack Nobu on the arm. This was followed by a change in Izakis facial expression, now looking directly at the other one.

It would be interesting to see how he would take it.

'It was a pleasure mister Enya! I really enjoy work like this! And I hope I won't cause too much trouble for Lady Aizawa?'
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Wed May 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Nobu didn’t reply to Izaki as he spoke, didn’t even mind him any attention he had gone into himself and wasn’t focused on anyone else. His entire life he’d being compared to Yoru, even his own father seemed to be forcing Nobu to become him, perhaps he was trying to fill the void that Yoru had left? It didn’t really matter for now, Nobu would simply have to try and focus on himself, step out of the shadow of his brother. Though he wasn’t sure that was even possible.

With his hands pressed into his pocket he quietly followed his father, to the cart, lifting himself up and sitting on the back. Enya smiled at Izaki and shook his head “No no, Miya won’t mind at all. Yoru used to bring over friends all the time and she loves to cook for big groups.” Assuming the three were all on the cart, Enya would pull the reigns and the horse would move off “There are plenty more animals on the ranch if you’d like to paint them.”

The horse would move through the market and get closer and closer to the ranch, leaving the hustle and bustle behind.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Thu May 21, 2020 2:48 am

The lack of any sort of response from the other youth attracted Izakis attention. Also noticing the amount of times his dad compared him to Yoru in such a short period of time. He figured that if this was a regular occurrence, it must have a bad impact on the boy. So when they jumped into the cart Izaki sat directly opposite him Nobu and behind Enya, their backs parallel to one another.

'Hey Nobu, so what's your ranch like?' You youth let out, placing noticeable emphasis on the word 'your,' in an attempt to boost the youths self-esteem; trying to conceal this act by speaking a little faster than normal. It felt like Enya thought that he would use Nobus competitive side to shape him by constantly comparing him to his brother. But, that was not always the case, some people might be less competitive than others, and trying to hammer something into something else would not work.

As they moved along, the cart would cause go over bumps and ruts in the road. Izaki would take this opportunity to try to lighten up the atmosphere, making sounds of surprise every time it happened. Once the road calmed down, Izaki took out his scroll, brush, and dipped the tip in some ink, beginning to paint what he could see in front of him. The cart, Nobu, and the world passing them by.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Thu May 21, 2020 9:07 am

Nobu sat in silence on the back of the cart, resting his head against the wood, feeling the vibrations gently drumming against his skull. It was almost soothing. Enya sat out on front, his hands on the reigns whistling a beautiful tune. Nobu’s gaze fell upon the landscape, Konoha truly was a beautiful village and his sadness was soon washed away.

Izaki, asked him what the ranch was like. This seemed like a puzzling question to Nobu, they were about to arrive any moment and he’d see for himself. Then it dawned on Yoru that Izaki was a nice person and was perhaps trying to distract Nobu and cheer him up “It’s beautiful.” Replied Nobu honestly, “The best fruit and veg you could ever eat, just there on the trees every morning. Dad tells me off for stealing too much sometimes he-“ Nobu paused, his gleeful expression slipped away, as he realised he was relaxing around the Genin too much, letting someone he didn’t know in “You’ll see it soon.” He muttered bluntly.

Enya’s whistle continued as they pulled into the ranch, it was just as beautiful as Nobu described their farm house sat centre, with a beautiful woman who shared the same facial features as Nobu, bright blue eyes and long ginger hair tied up above her head, who seemed to be dishing out plates of food to young farm hands “Were here.” Said Enya, as the cart pulled up “Nobu could you take the horse to the stables, take your friend with you so he can see the rest. Once you’re done come get some lunch.” Nobu nodded, jumping himself off the cart and untying the horse.
Last edited by TheLacarix on Fri May 22, 2020 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Thu May 21, 2020 4:11 pm

The youth carried on with his painting as he listened to Nobu speak. What caught his attention the most was the moment when he stopped talking half way through saying a word. He looked up and watched Nobu who said something that killed the conversation, in a way that would be hard to revive. But just because that conversation couldn't be brought back did not mean that Izaki was going to stop trying completely. He stood up while the cart was still moving and looked in the direction they were heading, and saw the path that lead to a country home at the bottom of it. This place was something else.

'Whoah... This place is amazing!' The youth let out with obvious excitement in his voice before he carried on looking around. Seeing all the fields, and orchards that surrounded him. This must have been a great place to spend a childhood, all this land to explore. He looked back at Nobu;

'I bet you love living around here!' smile beaming across his face as he he spoke. The youth turned his head back to look out onto the land before him, he placed his foot on the edge of the wagon as if he was about to jump out and run across the farmers field, letting out the child within him free. Allowing himself to get up to some mischief. Unfortunately, he didn't want to leave a bad impression on the Aizawas, so he composed himself. But the look of desire to explore remained on his face.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Fri May 22, 2020 11:21 am

Nobu untied the horse from the cart, his fingers pushed into the large horse’s mane and stroked behind its ear. The horse huffed out a stream of air from its nostrils. “Good boy.” Muttered Nobu, patting the horse on the neck, before grabbing the reigns and leading the horse to the stables. Hopefully Izaki followed him.

Assuming he had, Nobu would nod “I do love living here, it’s beautiful. I get to be far away from the hustle and bustle of the village.” He started to relax slightly, it was apparent to Nobu that Izaki seemed to appreciate the farm and wanted to explore it more. He hoisted open the wooden, half door to the stables. The Horse trotted in by itself, obviously used to the routine.

“You can come back and draw it after lunch if you like.” Nobu offered scratching the back of his head “If you like the farm so much, my Dad is usually hiring, it’s better pay than a genin and he’s pretty understanding about missions, he did the same for my brother.” Nobu admitted softly, a little embarrassed that he was proposing Izaki worked at Aizawa Ranch. Nobu stepped into the stables and hoisted over a large bale of hay, the horse nudged Nobu out of the way and started eating immediately.
Last edited by TheLacarix on Fri May 22, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Fri May 22, 2020 2:50 pm

Izaki followed behind Nobu, taking in the details of the layout of the ranch. He saw the stables, the barns and all the other agricultural equipment that they had. It all looked worn, like it's been used every season for the past hundred years without fail. They got the to stables and Nobu opened the stable door and they watched as the horse wondered in by itself. Izaki then listened to Nobu and could not help but notice how off he felt when he mentioned the possible vacancies on the farm, Izaki let out a small chuckle.

'You are definitely winning there. Living in the center is draining, there is always something going on. And really? Do you think your dad would have me thought?.' He said and stroked the horses face as Nobu squeezed past it. Watching Nobu as he placed a bale of hay in the stable for the horse to eat. The horse gave Nobu a nudge on the way out and Izaki found that a little amusing.

'So what kind of shinobi do you want to be?' the youth said.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Fri May 22, 2020 6:45 pm

“Yes, I think he’d hire you. You did ummm, fine today.” He feigned a chuckle “It’s great for training, keeps you in shape. Look at the size of my Dad.” He muttered softly, patting the horse on the neck one more time. Turning on his heels, Nobu headed to the doorway of the stables, his eyes rolled as Izaki asked him What kind of shinobi do you want to be?

“You read too many Ninja novels.” Nobu scoffed “We are barely even shinobi yet, I haven't even joined a squad yet. But does it really matter what kind? We don’t become the shinobi we want to be, we become the type of shinobi we have to be. Whatever our village needs from us." He sighed softly and opened the gate, expecting Izaki to follow him and closed the gate behind the two.

“I just want to be the kind of shinobi that lives. It might sound a little melancholy but it’s true.”
He pointed towards the farmhouse, where everyone was eating. It was time for the pair to join the rest of the farm hands for lunch. He pondered why this young man was asking such questions, what did he plan to gain? Did it really matter either way.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Sat May 23, 2020 5:41 am

The youth smirked at the boys chuckle. It has been a while since Izaki has done any manual labor work, he has forgotten about how awkward some of the tasks can be, this was most likely the reason he did not look as professional at crate carrying as his older colleague did. Izaki followed Nobu out of the stables after he gave the horse one lat rub between the eyes.

'See you later buddy.' The youth let out as he did so and then left the fine animal to reward itself with some fine hay that Nobu left for him. Izaki listened to Nobu complaining about him reading too many ninja novels. This was not true, Izaki spent a large portion of his life in an environment that was not safe. This put him in a mindset that was very forward thinking, he wanted to make the most of his life and unlike Nobu, he did not want to be lead by the demands of society. Both lifestyles had their perks, Nobu would most likely be more valued than himself, but he would also be more likely to enjoy what he does less. Whereas he would spend his life pursuing exactly what he want to do, and offering his services exactly where they were needed, helping people and the village.

Nobus last comment made him chuckle. Nobu wanted to be a shinobi that lives, this made his mind loop back to what he said back at the butchers about becoming a shinobi in the first place, when he could live happily and probably a more fulfilling life by pursuing his family business.This topic was dead now though, and bringing back the ghosts of the past was meaningless. Izaki let it slide.

'I know what you must be thinking, an eleven-year-old asking all these questions,' he let out after a small chuckle, 'I like to know the people who are my colleagues, build a shinobi network; we won't be genin forever you know!'
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Sat May 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Nobu looked back at Izaki as he suggested that Nobu was wondering why he was asking such questions, who shook his head in return “I wasn’t really wondering anyth-“ He paused, glumly realising he was been unnecessarily rude, he’d at least try and be more polite, but this young genin made it quite difficult, asking what Nobu deemed as obnoxious questions. Though Izaki was the norm, there were many shinobi like him who wore their heart on their sleeve. Though it was annoying, it was perhaps honourable and people like that tended to make courageous shinobi, though they often died earlier. Something Nobu intended on avoiding.

“Colleges? Konoha has probably the largest population of all the hidden villages, it seems unlikely that every genin would work with one another, though I suppose you are right. I guess we should get to know each other.” N
obu admitted awkwardly, the pair continued forward towards the long dinner table with benches either side.

“Ah boys! Come get some lunch!” She said with a warm, caring smile “Izaki was it?” Nobu headed to the large pot of food and picked up two bowls and two spoons, he looked into the pot and smelling the freshly made beef stew, ladeling himself and Izaki a bowl and topped it with white rice and handed it to him.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Sun May 24, 2020 1:45 pm

Nodded along as Nobu spoke, the youth did have a point about Konoha being one of the villages that have the largest military force out there. Izaki believed that a good military network would be an asset to any shinobi. Every shinobi was unique and specialised in their chosen field, no one could know when someone would need a particular set of skills to carry out a mission. He wanted to keep the conversation going but he did not want to delve too deep into the subject and potentially cause an argument at the family dinner table, that would be rude and ungrateful, he was brought here by the Aizawa family with their open arms. And now he was going to meet the only one he did not yet know.

'Hi lady Miya, it's great to meet you!' The youth let out and wondered over to her before he went for food. It was just mannerly to greet the individual who has prepared all this deliciously looking food food before just devouring it. 'I love your ranch it is amazing, I will have a gift ready for you before I leave.' The youth continued with a bright smile on his face and once all the formalities were done, he returned to Nobu who was now holding a bowl of beef and rice for him, he took it with great gratitude and sat down beside him ready to eat.

'Your mum's hot.' The youth whispered.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Mon May 25, 2020 1:09 pm

Nobu sat down along one of the benches, nodding to the other farm hands who nodded back with a hint of respect. Even though Nobu wasn’t their boss, one day it was likely the ranch would fall to him and he’d inherent the family business. Perhaps it sat in the back of their minds?

Miya smiled at Izaki as he spoke and thanked him for his kind words, as she tended back to her work. Izaki sat down next to Nobu and started to eat his food, whispering to Nobu.

'Your mum's hot.'

Nobu’s eyes widened with shock as Izaki would say such a thing, his nostrils flared and his gaze fell upon his fellow Genin “Why would you say that?” Almost every had told Nobu that he and his brother looked just like their moth, the same soft features the fiery red hair, Nobu unlike his brother even shared the same eyes.

It dawned on him that Izaki was trying to rib him and friends often did things like that “Me and my mum look alike, you know that right. Looking at you I bet your Mum is gross!” Nobu said with a chuckle, trying to form some kind of awkward joke.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Thu May 28, 2020 5:10 pm

Izaki began to casually eat his food as his eyes moved up and down the table, taking note of the people sat and enjoying their lunch. Maybe, if Aizawa Enya decided to recruit him, Izaki was going to be visiting this place more often. He enjoyed the calm, country atmosphere, where everybody could trust and rely on one another, it was relaxing. There was no hussling around, everything happened at its own pace, and it was great, Izaki liked it. He could see himself eventually buying a place like this for himself once his shinobi career was over.

The youth made his way through his bowl of stew and rice and placed it back on the table when it could not get anymore empty. He carried on looking around the yard, admired the stables and the horses, heard some mumbling, could not make up his mind about which one of these beautiful creatures he was going to paint first; it was going to be either the one they used today, or the spotty one in the stable next to it. And then, it hit him. He turned to face Nobu; '...did you say something?' the youth said, completely oblivious to Nobu.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Sun May 31, 2020 10:09 am

Nobu chuckled as it was clear Izaki hadn’t being pay attention, the young man thought it was strange that the young boy would start a conversation and then ignore the response, not that it mattered to Nobu. Perhaps he was wrong about the young man trying to rib him and was likely just making statements. Either way it didn’t matter now “No, I didn’t say anything.” Lied Nobu, he didn’t feel like repeat himself nor was he overly concerned with making conversation, he was intent eating his stew alone.

Pushing his spoon deeper into the bowl, he filled it with stew and took a big mouthful the meat was perfectly slow cooked, and the vegetables tasted just as good, it was likely they’d just being harvest just today. It was a great perk of being a farmer, the fresh daily produces were incomparable. The men sat around the table making jokes, laughing and enjoying themselves, revelling in the breaks they were given. As nice as Enya was, he worked his men hard, but he treat them well and gave them a freshly made lunch every day.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:45 am

Izakis gaze had not left Nobu, the youth his friend was an odd one, but he liked him regardless. When he mentioned that he had not said anything, Izaki simply assumed that it was one of the other men who were sat chatting and enjoying their dinner. It was fantastically cooked, Miya Aizawa really knew what she was doing and Izaki hoped that Nobu did not take her fro granted, a mother like that is a dime. He felt a little envious of Nobu. The boy seemed to have it all, a loving family, a great place to live, a great way of life. It appeared that his friends life could not get any better. Maybe this really was going to be his long term goal, to settle down on a farm and spend the years following his shinobi career as a crop farmer. That would be fun.

After a few short moments of thinking about Nobus response Izaki began to speak, 'Hey Nobu, Is it still alright for me to paint the horse?' his voice was calm and composed just like it normally is; his gaze still resting on Nobu, however now it appeared that the youth was actually staring through Nobu rather than looking at him, he was partially in a world of his own.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:13 am

Nobu’s ears perked up as Izaki asked if he could paint the horse, he wondered why he’d ask. Enya had already said he could, it seemed strange to Nobu that he’d ask for conformation again he shrugged “Of course, I don’t know why that would’ve changed?” replied Nobu with a curious tone as he continued to eat his stew.

“Once we finish lunch, I’ll take you there.” He muttered, trying to be careful not to eat with his mouthful. Nobu continued to watch the farm hands as they chuckled loudly enjoying their lunch break, the farmers didn’t tend to work to late into the afternoon and that buzz of the last couple of hours of work ran through them. It wasn’t that they hated their job, Enya treat them fair and gave them a decent wage, but to be honest who liked work?

Finishing off his stew, he turned to Izaki to checked if he’d finished “So, do you want seconds or want to head back to the barn?” asked Nobu, with his soft yet blunt tone.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:10 pm

Izaki moved his empty bowl along the table. He wanted to give himself a little more arm room; he was trying to get a better view of the courtyard, the people gathered around the table. An idea popped into his head. A painting of 'The Aizawa Ranch,' workers and of course the Aizawa family, but one. That could be a masterpiece. A masterpiece he would need to have the rest of his painting tools for; to make it what it could be. The youth turned to face Nobu as he began to speak. 'I was trying to be polite...' he thought as Nobu finished his sentence, took a brief pause and then continued speaking. 'Thank you,' the youth said, as he re-positioned himself on the bench and looked down at the empty bowl, 'I'm finished so whenever you're ready.' he continued, picking up his bowl upon finishing speaking and showing the emptiness of it to Nobu. It showed how delicious the food was, it was rare that Izaki actually finished his food; he was not much of an eater. He wanted to keep his body lean and agile.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:41 pm

Nobu didn’t even look into the bowl Izaki pushed towards him, why would he? He didn’t doubt he’d finished and certainly wouldn’t need proof. His hands however wrapped around the empty bowl and placed it on top of his own, before placing them in a pile at the end of the table where the others would be collected from, most likely be Nobu’s mother.

“Come on then.” Muttered the young red headed genin as he slipped off the bench and gestured for his newly found friend if he could even be called that to the stables. The farm hands nodded to Izaki and Nobu as they left and continued to mutter and to one another, chuckling and making jokes.

The pair walked through the farm, a soft neighing could be heard just out in the distance, it was the only sound that could be heard, it was an awkward silent walk. Nobu, surprisingly decided to break it “Have you always drawn?” asked the young man, with genuine interest.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Izaki shook his head. It was not until recently that he picked up the brush and began learning to paint. 'Only when I started at the ninja academy,' the youth let out as he looking on towards the stables, 'it was my mother who showed me how to paint, and I liked it from that moment on.' he finished as they neared their destination. The you looked over the stable door to have a look at the horse. Led on it's side until the sound of Izakis hand landing on the top of the lower half of the door echoed through the stable. 'What is he called?' the youth said as he unlatched the door and gently walked in. He was making slow and quiet movements towards the horse, posing in a defensive way, as to not intimidate the vulnerable animal.

Izaki's arm extended towards the horses face and he began to stroke it. He looked back towards Nobu, 'We should get him out in the yard, I'll capture him and the buildings, it'll be a great painitng you can have above you mantelpiece.'
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:04 pm

A soft smile fell across Nobu’s face, as Izaki went into detail of how he learnt to paint. A silly mistake that Nobu had made, thinking that he drew, but the young genin had corrected him politely and didn’t make a big deal out of it.

The smell of hay and horses filled his nostrils as he clambered over the gate and hopped over, landing in the stables, “Legoshi.” Answered Nobu to Izaki’s question, as Nobu stroked the horse behind it’s ears.

His brow furrowed as Izaki suggested opening the gate and letting Legoshi run free, he knew it wasn’t a good idea, it was likely the horse would buck. Though if they were careful it might be possible.

“Yeah ok, but we have to be quiet. If the horse get’s spooked it will be out of here.” He chuckled softly, with a nervous laugh. Pushing the gate open, he allowed the horse free reign and would let Izaki paint in peace “All yours.”
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:56 am

'Legoshi.' The youth let out as his haze returned to the magnificent creature. With a gentle stroke Izaki began to rise up to his feet, and so did Legoshi. Slowly Izaki turned around and began to walk out the stable along with his new friend. It was amazing how calm the animal was; Izaki led him to the middle of the square and stepped away to get a better view of the animal. It just stood there, patiently, not eager to move or get away. It just did as it was told; it's what truly amazed Izaki, the simplicity of animals. They did not feel the need to achieve something, or that they were wasting the time; they simply were. Izaki sat on the ground, took out his scroll, then dipped the top of his brush in the ink cartridge the poked out of the wooden block and began painting.

The horse managed to keep the same posture throughout, looking towards the youth, he was a good model, and had not moved an inch while Izaki was turning him into a work of art. The youths hand did not stop moving, it was always adding and improving the painting. Every little detail was being added to the canvas, including the background, which was composed of a barn and a lot of ground working tools that were filthy and leaning against it. It created the natural look that Izaki was always interested in capturing.

A few moments and a few brush strokes later, Izaki stood up and walked over to Nobu, stretching the canvas to allow it to dry; it would not take long, it was warm and it was a quick drying ink that Izaki was using. He carefully ripped the painting off and handed it to the boy. 'This is for you and your family, thank you for having me.' Izaki said with a smile on his face as he held out the painting in two hands, placing it the right way to make sure Nobu could see the painting.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:18 pm

Nobu didn’t mutter a word, he barely made a sound even his breathing was almost mute as he watched Izaki paint Legoshi. The brash young genin that Nobu had suspected Izaki to be, had being washed away. He seemed to be painting with such care and precision, perhaps Nobu had underestimated him.

Legoshi was so calm, he was surprised that the horse hadn’t bucked yet. Either way, he was glad that he hadn’t his father would kill Nobu if he did. Izaki offered the painting to Nobu for their family, he looked it over, it was apparent that Izaki had some skill with a brush and was a talented artist “Thank you, they’ll apprece-"

“NOBU!” The high pitch tone of Nobu’s mother echoed through the farm, the horse kicked up and took off, the shrill yell was enough to spoke him. Nobu sighed, gently placing the picture on the floor for later as he took off after the horse, running at a decent speed, though slow enough that Izaki could keep up if he followed.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

hobnob

The Other One

Post by hobnob » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:58 pm

Izaki turned around as he heard Nobus mother shout his name. And by the time his gaze returned to Nobu, he was sprinting after the galloping horse. Izaki could chase after them, but it appeared that Nobu knew what he was doing. The youth let out a small chuckle as he scratched the back of his head. He loved the spontaneity of the country side. IT was not as organised and planned out as the city, things simply happened here without planning and it was something the youth enjoyed about it. But now it was time for him to head back home and see his mother. He has spent the whole day out and she was probably starting to worry about him.

He picked up, the painting that was lead on the ground and went over to the stable the horse was originally in, he hung the scroll over the lower half of the stable door and began making his way back towards home.

[Exit]
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

TheLacarix

The Other One

Post by TheLacarix » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:12 pm

Nobu easily caught up with Legoshi, he charged in front of the horse and waved his arms stopping the animal in its tracks. He pondered where Izaki had gone, simply leaving without saying a word. Nobu thought Izaki was a very strange young boy. One point seeming to want to be very friendly, even drawing a picture then on the other hand abruptly left without saying a thing. Not that Nobu minded, he wasn’t looking to make any new friends anyway.

As Legoshi was lead back into the stables, Nobu noticed that the young genin had placed the painting in the stable. Nobu picked it up and folded it up, putting it into his pocket. He was glad the ordeal was over, he’d have to have a word with his father for inviting people randomly again. Least he wouldn’t have to talk to the young boy again. He'd need to go see what his mother wanted.

How little did Nobu know that the pair had being placed into a squad together and they’d soon be meeting again.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru