Napping Fields

dot and Strategist [Closed]

hobnob

Napping Fields

Post by hobnob » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:39 am

The day began with with Izaki being yelled at before he even managed to have breakfast. His mother stormed into his room and shouted at him for leaving his filthy clothes, spread across the utility room. Being a single mother, and having to work, look after the house, look after her son , and plan ahead meant that she did not have a lot of time spare to enjoy herself. Her fury was understandable; Izaki being the eleven year old that he is, did not think about that. Last night he returned home from a day of training, in heavy rain, he fell and ruined his, sturdy, ninja sandals, and damaged his leg that was now covered by pajamas. He was tired and the only thing he could think of doing once he returned homes was to go straight to bed. Resulting in him taking very little care to do what he was well aware of; stop himself from making a mess.

With a half-asleep look upon his face, Izakis head rose from the pillow, and without thinking sat up, looked around his room, dazed from the shock of his furious mother. Confused about what was happening, his body entered the fight of flight mode, he instinctively opened the window; placed his foot on the ledge, and dropped down into the sunny streets of Konoha, as if it was a regular occurrence. The streets were busy, but the youth paid no mind to them. His body moved on its own, and carried him to the only place he knew, as well as his home; the training fields.

He walked through alleys, and streets; past shops, and restaurants; past beaming spas, and and leisure centers. In his own little world, he paid no attention to what was going on around him, it was almost as if he were still asleep. His hazy eyes were fixed on the ground, covering the area a few feet before him, and to his luck, his body moved and acted on its own. Whenever someone moved towards him, he moved away, instinctively and almost instantaneously. It was as if, there was a force field around him that informed him about any danger across his path; but in reality, he was still in the fight or flight mode. And like this, oblivious to what was going on around him; the youth had eventually arrived at the training fields, but this time he was not here to push his body to his limits; this time he was going to get the rest he deserved, or so he thought.

The landscape of the field was an unusual one. The fance was built at base of a hill that was a host to a single oak tree; it grew at the very top of it. There were no other noteworthy factors that made up the field, other than it being a rather large training field in comparison to the other that were built in this sector of the village. Still, paying no mind to what was going on, or where he was actually headed, Izaki walked through the gate and headed directly for the top of the hill, where he would lay down, and commence to his daily activities; sleep.

The hill was rather flat, it did have a couple of dips that might have been caused by people training here. But, all in all, being at a higher point did not give the individual any significant advantage. It was simply long, and quiet mundane; not for Izaki, who was now meters away from the tree, and at the point of falling asleep. Upon arrival, he pressed his back against the tree, and slid down to the ground. Upon letting out a rather long, and lound yawn, the boy led flat on the ground, using the tree to keep his head slightly elevated; and through his hazy eyes, he saw the clouds moving across the sky. 'They're so... hypnotizing...' he let out, just before his eyes rolled into the back of his head, he was fast asleep.
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Napping Fields

Post by Legacy » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:35 pm

The sound of dry grass being crushed beneath black Combat boots could be heard as Takanobu entered the training area where a fence had been built at the base of a hill. From the entrance where he stood, Takanobu's deep hazel brown eyes took in the setting with mild interest. In the many lectures held during his time at the Academy, he'd been taught that the lands surrounding Konoha were largely composed of coniferous forest groups that were divided by rivers that flowed as far South as Tea country and so it was peculiar yet interesting to walk upon an area that resembled more closely a grassy plain than anywhere else. A gentle wind pushed up against his black fishnet undershirt through his vest and if only for a moment Takanobu could feel a sudden chill wash over him. "You almost wouldn't believe that this place was a ninja training field by how quiet it is here. It's almost kind of creepy..." Taking several steps forward Takanobu ventured deeper into the training area and after circling the perimeter of the hill once he came to a halt in the middle of the field at the bottom of the hill, facing opposite the large tree.

"There doesn't appear to be anyone else here," Takanobu commented ignorant of the sleeping person above him, atop the hill. " right! Time to get started, then." Takanobu raised his arms high above his head in a stretch then worked diligently to loosen up the rest of his body, spending no less than half an hour on relaxing each muscle group that he intended to use for the day [not that he'd been aware of each group specifically, only the feeling]. Once he'd been confident enough in how his body felt to him, Takanobu sat cris-cross on the grassy surface beneath him and closed his eyes but couldn't quite settle into meditation. "No...this isn't right." What Takanobu craved, what he sought after most of all was to develop himself into the pinnacle warrior and become respected by the Senju clan. But how exactly could he do that? Certainly, meditation hardly seemed like the right answer. "I need to find a way to test my limits and then go beyond them."

Suddenly Takanobu was on his feet and staring far beyond what lay before him.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Izuki Chisuke

Napping Fields

Post by Izuki Chisuke » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:51 am

A light soil brown cloak fluttered in the wind as Izuki's feet were kicking up dust blue shinobi sandals licked the dirt beneath the soles with each step. His short sword's handle poking out from under his cloak. Taking a deep breathe feeling as cold air filled and set in his lungs; with an exhale slow and steady the tone of solitude set in. It was early in the morning as the sun began to rise over the hill of the training field. Izuki stood at the entrance with metal fencing on both sides of him it was a new day and an opportunity to make friends. memories of being pushed to his limits left the man's face with a blank expression his body ached as if to remember the strain it still faced.

As he walked farther into the training field he carried himself to the center on his way he had thoughts of himself and whatever squad members he could be teamed up with. A sense of protection, a willingness to aid the people who fought on the battlefield wherever it may be and laughed together over meals or camp fires. Squad mates to fight alongside until they were retired or in the ground a fire filled Izuki, his blank face turned to a happy smile as his eyes set sights and locked into the clouds passing over head. To be a passionate man like the senju The words left his lips like honey as he approached the inner training area towards the center.

There Izuki brought his gaze down from the clouds just in time to notice a leaf slapping him in his face. Brushing the leaf aside izuki noticed someone standing, too far to identify them he kept moving forward. Excited to meet someone else from the village he felt like interrupting this new found stranger would be rude. He thought of how to engage this person as he drew closer, deciding to circle to their left Izuki walked lightly the feint sound of grass crunching beneath his sandals. Izuki stopped a few feet away from the stranger as he put his right hand up and began to speak, a soft voice fell into the man's ear.

Hey stranger...what brings you here this fine morning. Frilly puffy wrists gave a welcoming gesture as Izuki smiled.
Keep on keepin' on :konoha:

Legacy

Napping Fields

Post by Legacy » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:56 pm

Well, I guess I could work on striking targets from far away. I might be able to give myself an edge if I can slow an enemy down or stop them completely before they can get to me. Not that I plan to be out in the mix of a battle anyway but.. just then, Takanobu had heard someone speaking. Since he'd been the only person at the training grounds at the time, he only assumed that the mystery person had been speaking to him and so he turned to face them. Takanobu was immediately surprised by the person's clothing in that they dressed...odd for this sort of climate. It was as if they'd been expecting a heavy rainstorm to roll in any second now but there were no clouds in sight for miles.

"This is a training ground for Shinobi. If you've wandered and found this place by mistake you should head back, the village proper should be back in the other direction." was Takanobu's response. Despite his lineage he was not quite eager to speak to strangers nor did he wish to see a civilian be hurt for roaming off in the area where secret arts were being trained and perfected. Just as well, it appeared that the exchange was to be short lived as the stranger went on to tend to some other affair unknown to Takanobu.

A stern wind crossed through the grassy region and upon finding Takanobu, sent the hairs of his arms to standing as though he'd been charged by a battery. More important than that though, was the Kunai knife held toward the ground within Takanobu's left hand. "Alright, it's time to get down to business."
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

hobnob

Napping Fields

Post by hobnob » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:43 pm

The light sound of snoring filled the area. Izaki was busy away in his head, dreaming of all those things he missed. Missed in the sense, he has not done because he was busy doing something else. It was in these moments, the moments of deep sleep that made him realize how his life was, and to understand whether it was worth a change. Those were questions he would have to answer in the state of full consciousness; and just like that, he was snatched out of sleep. He rolled over to the side; he was looking down the field and saw another shinobi standing there, looking like he was about to train. At that moment, it struck him; was this person not aware of Izakis presence in the field? Did he not scout the area to make sure he was alone; or did he simply not care? More questions for Izaki to answer.

The youth sat with his back straight, before he took deep breath that soon turned into a yawn and eventually ended with a greaaaaat big stretch. He then jumped to his feet, and barefooted made his way down to meet this wanna-be shinobi.

'Hey you... Did you sleep through the scouting class at the academy or something?' He yelled as he came close.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Legacy

Napping Fields

Post by Legacy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:00 pm

At least, he would have liked to get down to business. Whether by some stroke of odd fortune or just coming out to train on the wrong day, Takanobu was approached by another person. This time, it seemed like the stranger had been trying to make a mockery of him. "Taunting someone with a weapon in their hand is hardly the smart thing to do."

Takanobu would have liked to remain focused on the target ahead of him but got the feeling that if he hadn't nipped what ever this situation had been in the bud, he'd come to regret it later. Besides, he wanted to know if this person intended to try and pick on him or if the jest was just an awkward way of getting Takanobu's attention. If it turned out to be the former, then the Senju would make his stand here and now against a potential bully. However, if it turned out to be the latter then he would do his best to try and understand the person's background and hope that building some kind of positive relationship was possible.

Despite his youth Takanobu had been given numerous lessons on the importance of building lasting positive relationships. Sure, he would have liked to focus on properly wielding his Kunai knife but realized swinging a blade around was hardly more important than the connection of human life. That is... as far as friendships were concerned. He'd also need to make it a point that homosexual interests were not something that he'd been looking to pursue and that if that were the other boy's intent then he'd certainly need to go elsewhere. Thinking about the prospect, Takanobu shivered visibly before shaking his head to clear away the thought.

While he shared no ill will toward those who strayed away from the linear path Takanobu also did not consider such notions to be "normal" and would have preferred not to engage with them if for no other reason than to avoid an uncomfortable or potentially violent situation. Nevertheless, his attention had been stolen and in silence save for an occasional wind, he waited for the reply to come.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

hobnob

Napping Fields

Post by hobnob » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:17 pm

'I'd say that's only true if that person knows how to use the weapon...' He let out as he finally arrived beside the boy. They were separated by four of five feet of grassland, and Izaki looked in the same direction that the other boy had, trying to figure out what exactly it was that he was focusing on. Before him lay other training fields and in the distance he could see buildings that lay on the edge of the residential areas of the village. It was truly a beautiful sight, one that was not good for training, not for Izaki at least. It was a sight he would like to watch as he was falling asleep, and this was not the case here; he wanted to train, he wanted to figure out the answers to the many questions he had.

He didn't know who this boy was, he didn't recognize him from his school days, and was not sure how he would react to him being himself. So, best thing to do was to test boundaries.

'So... Can you?' He casually let out with a slight upbeat tone towards the end of the phrase; he was referring back to what he had said previously.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Legacy

Napping Fields

Post by Legacy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Takanobu had not allowed the boy to get within kicking range of him, taking several steps back where the stranger took steps forward and once the latter had stopped so too did Takanobu at a safe distance. "First a wanderer and now a weirdo. Today just keeps getting better," Takanobu spoke with no intent to hide his disappointment for having his training interrupted twice in a row. He wanted to be excited, joyful and an assortment of other positive moods but found that because of an earlier interruption combined with the off putting comments of this stranger who more or less appeared determined to get some kind of a rise out of him, his mood had been somewhat soured.

Takanobu observed quietly while the stranger mocked the target that would have served for a striking post and found himself again questioning the motives of this person. Was he here to help or hinder Takanobu's progress? I don't know who this guy is but they're starting to give me weird vibes. All I want to do is work on my Taijutsu and I keep getting distracted! What does he mean am I good with a Kunai? Why does he even care in the first place? I don't want to resort to violence but if this guy continues to try and push my boundaries I'm going to have to show him not to screw around with me.

Needless to say, Takanobu was beginning to grow agitated though the cloth mask hid his expressions considerably well. What would come of the next few moments, he couldn't say for sure. However, Takanobu was prepared to handle himself regardless and if that meant sending a weirdo to the hospital then so be it!
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

hobnob

Napping Fields

Post by hobnob » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:51 pm

A light breeze blew against Izakis face as he stood there like a plank of wood; he could not understand what exactly it was that made this guy think his approach was weird. All he has done so far was just ask him simple questions; 'is this guy not following?' the youth thought as he carried on watching what the boy was doing. The comment delivered by the stranger had made him feel a little confused; the confusion initiated by the lack of reason to be called a weirdo was in itself weird, and sent a mix of feelings through the youths mind, but he was not sure how the guys saw the world from his perspective and decided to partially ignore it; reacting to it directly would only spin the situation in a negative direction.

Suddenly, he was overcome but yet another yawn. This situation had to liven up a little or he would just fall asleep. His body moved on its own, and once again he stretched across his whole body to loosen up his muscles, before his hand ,moved down to his hip and gently scratched his. His gaze shifted to the ground and his eyes filled with water, the usual waking up routine.

After a moment, once he returned to his usual conscious self; his gaze moved from the ground and up to meet the strangers. He was going to clearly and directly clarify for him what he meant, just to make sure that he was following;

'Right... Not sure if you understood what I said...' he said before letting out a slight chuckle.

'Can you use that knife in your had or is it just a decoration?'
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Legacy

Napping Fields

Post by Legacy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:44 pm

"If you're asking me to strike you with a blade, you're crazy. All I wanted to do today was work on some skills without being pestered by people with nothing better to do. I'm going to walk away now; if you attempt to pursue me or give any kind of weird vibe as I move, one of us is going in the ground." Takanobu made his intentions clear to the stranger. He was not going to play around with his own life nor would he allow someone else to do so. Filled with a mix of conflicting emotions that made him question his own morality, Takanobu sought to remove himself from the situation before it became ugly.

He knew that there was no one he could tell about what had happened and until he could figure out how best to move forward practicing social distancing was his best and only option. Backing away, Takanobu kept his eyes on the stranger as he attempted to create more and more distance. Only once he was safe in his ability to secure himself and confident that the stranger would not try anything while his back was turned did Takanobu make a round about on his feet to quickly escort himself elsewhere. For the first time since graduation he'd been presented with a difficult problem with no easy answer and frankly, he didn't like the feeling it gave him. Despite this realization, Takanobu also understood that he was not yet ready to go on a mission outside of the village as doing so might very well require him to make just the decision he didn't want to make with the stranger.

In his head the question echoed as if spoken in an auditorium; Could I...really kill someone?" Takanobu shuddered at the thought. Perhaps there was someone within the Senju clan with whom he could speak to about such deep and concerning matters.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

hobnob

Napping Fields

Post by hobnob » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:46 pm

Izaki felt like the whole demeanor of this guy was off. 'We are in a training field... what else does he expect...?' The youth thought as he watched the older boy begin to make his way in the other direction. The jumble of feelings created within the boy by that speech has resulted in even larger confusion. 'I mean... we a shinobi, it's our job to fight other shinobi... the point of these training grounds is for us to develop our abilities so that we can face real threat out there...' the youth said as he watched the distance between them grow. The speech showed that the youth was mentally more developed than he was physically. A boy of eleven, who understood the ways of the world, or at least a little part of it. He wasn't sure what he should do now, after all he was in this training area first, and he wasn't exactly planning on giving up his training spot just because this guy felt intimidated. He shook his head gently.

'Right... if you don't want to, I get it... but I've always been told that a person is more likely to develop in a real fight... so if you're up for it, we should fight?' The youth use the most pleasant tone he could muster in that situation. Killing was not his idea of training, and he was not planning on taking things that far.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”