Episode 1: Floating Leaf

Senju Takanobu, a Genin only recently promoted from Konoha's Leaf Academy is summoned by his Father in order to meet someone special from another family.

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Post by Legacy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:17 pm

Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!

Takanobu rolled over in his bed to the sound of birds somewhere outside, and a bright shining sun beaming through an open window nearby. His room aglow and with noises of busy work echoing from within the home, Taknobu realized that it was time to get up. As if on cue, a dull knock at the door to his room stirred him awake completely, and within minutes Takanobu was ready for them. "Come in," he spoke with an even yet distinctly questioning tone. After all, this particular Senju household was frequented by many visitors of the family and it wasn't at all uncommon for a relative from elsewhere to stop by in greeting.

Slowly the door opened and from its opposite end came Takanobu's father; a man of great stature both figuratively and literally, standing almost taller than the door opening itself. Dressed in forest green traditional style plated armor of the current era over a fitted black ensemble, Takanobu's father held a reputation for being a man of respect & great moral fortitude both in and out of the Senju clan. While most of his past was still quite a mystery to Takanobu personally, whenever they were out and about in Konoha he could not help but marvel at how many people seemed to know his Father for something or other. It was strange, really, how a person could be so tied in with the public and yet still a complete mystery; nevertheless, here was a man that Takanobu respected more than any other and strove to act in accordance to his likeness. When his father had entered, Takanobu were just finishing donning the last piece of his own set of plated armor which unlike his Father's green, assumed a dark blue color and went perfectly over his standard outfit.

"Good morning, Papa." Takanobu spoke before following suit with a respectful bow, his right fist pressed into the left palm as he dipped then rose accordingly. " 'Morning, son. I can see that you're still getting ready so I won't be long. When you're finished come and meet me downstairs, there's someone I'd like for you to meet At this revelation Taknobu visibly appeared confused,someone for me to meet? He asked. His father simply smiled and as he tugged the door closed simply said, "just meet me downstairs when you're ready."

It was unusual of his Father not to go into detail when questioned about something and this fact was not lost to Takanobu but what could he do about it? Following instruction, Takanobu made sure that he were as presentable to public eyes as possible before leaving out of the room and heading down a flight of steps, ready to greet whoever had been waiting for him. Upon rounding a corner and entering the living room Takanobu found his mother visibly working on some project in the kitchen, waiting to greet him and his Father at the table along with someone else. "Mom, good morning." said Takanobu respectfully, she responded and then they all turned their attention to the person yet to be introduced.

"Everyone, this is..."
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:45 pm

Haruka had just recently returned to the village, after loosing her mom, when she was brought to the senju compound. As she was walking through the district she would be casually looking around at what she saw. Making sure to keep her ear plugs in to limit her hearing to normal human levels, this would minimize the risk of ease dropping and hearing something she wasn’t supposed to. When they finally reached the new house she was told to wait there.

Haruka still confused why she was brought here and as much as she hated it she had no choice but to just wait with nothing to do. So she just sat there swinging her legs back and forth. She was almost at her wits end and about ready to try ask if there was anything she could do, when a person around her age showed up. She asked to introduce herself she smiled and waved going “hai hai! I’m Haruka izumi nice to meet you!”She then waited for the other person to introduce themselves, she also hoped that soon after they would explain what the hell was going on.

If Takenobu would Look carefully at her her would notice two distinct features that would stand out such as black cat ears folded down against her black hair. He may also notice a black tail wrapped around her waist other then that nothing else stood out to her
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:48 pm

If not for the cloth mask covering his features, Takanobu's weary expression would have been plain as day. Why had his father brought this girl here, to their home of all places? Sneaking a passing glance over to his mother he noticed that she remained passive on the matter and this only made the young Senju more apprehensive. Ordinarily, his mother would have been the first to speak on such events and her silence spoke more loudly than anything Takanobu had ever witnessed before. "Yes," Takanobu began with a noticeable wave of his hand as if to dismiss the girl outright. "Why did you bring her here, Father?"

Immediately Takanobu could see the lines in his Father's face begin to harden and he realized all too late what error he had made. Shifting uncomfortably in place, Takanobu tried to resolve himself for what was to come as if to be a deer standing before an oncoming train but to his surprise and confusion, the gargantuan Senju simply grunted before going into an explanation. "I'm going to bring her before the Hokage as well as the elders of the clan and request to adopt her. Her parents and grandparents have perished and I owe it to her Father and mother to act as her guardian. You see, those two saved my life once in the past and made me swear to honor this child so long as the village and elders of our clan would allow it. As you know, the Senju stands as one of the oldest and most well known Shinobi clans of the village and I intend to use that fact as leverage if at all possible; however, even I won't go against the clan elder should they refuse my request and then this girl will have to go through what ever the council deems fit to do with her as an orphan."

Takanobu's stomach dropped. Looking at the girl now, who'd introduced herself as Haruka, he couldn't help but feel a sea of pity for her situation. She couldn't have been old enough to apply for a hunting license much less fend for herself, and yet that was the hand she'd been dealt. He now understood his mother's silence and presumed that she'd already been made aware of the circumstance long before he'd risen from his slumber and suddenly, everything was beginning to make sense. Still, the clan had its own set of laws and policies to abide by and accepting an outsider based soley upon the merit of one act of good will was...well, unheard of. Noble as it may have been, Takanobu felt as though his father was trying to take on more responsibility than he needed but this too, was not his place to speak upon. "I see..." Takanobu finally managed to say, his eyes still visibly rocking back and forth from the surprise of what he'd just heard. "It's nice to meet you as well, Izumi. My name is Takanobu but you can call me Taka for short."
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:34 pm

Haruka would look on angrily and very annoyed as she glared daggers at Takanobu though soon after the boy looked sorry most likely because of something he saw on his parents face. She didn’t expect some one like that to care if he offended someone otherwise. She wondered why he was so rude, clearly his parents did care about manners. She then thought about these things as she waited for them to continue. Though since he was at least appearing apologetic she would stop glaring at him. Soon though she heard about what the dad was saying and looked on shocked and said “wow! You knew my mom that’s amazing!”

Haruka then looked on confused clearly not aware of how big a deal this is and said “though why would they say no in the first place?” She then waited for a answer and depending on the response she would give a response of her own. She would also say afterwards “so that’s why you brought me here, thanks I appreciate it and it means a lot to me.” She would then be smiling as she waited when she heard the jerk reply back to her greeting she was a little surprised he responded now.

Was it the sob story about her parents being gone or was it the fact she may be adopted into the family that prompted the change of heart, it was hard for her to tell. Regardless it was still nice, so she replied saying “why so formal taka?” In a rather joking manner but after that she wondered now that the reason she was brought here was made clear she was wondering if she still needed to stay here? So she decided to try to ask as subtly as she could, “so......is there anything I still need to do here?”

She hoped that wasn’t to obvious and wasn’t rude at all, because she wanted to make a good first impression, but she was really starting to go stir crazy here.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:04 pm

Takanobu's Father seemed to brighten at Izumi's sudden outburst but Takabobu could tell that there was something beyond his expression that the only man wasn't sharing. An undertone as dark and foreboding as the sun's descent fortelling the shrouding of a village in shadows; no, Takanobu wasn't convinced at all by his Father's 'sincerity.' Meanwhile, his mother finally chimed in and broke away from the tone of discussion. "Have you eaten dear? I'm going to be preparing breakfast soon enough and you're more than welcome to stay and eat before setting out on your journey; after all, it's the least we could do." Both Takanobu and his Father stood in silence then one after the other, took their seats at the table.

If Takanobu hadn't answered any of Izumi's questions it'd been because put simply, he hadn't heard them. Drowning in his own thoughts the youth hardly could process the thoughts of someone else. Try as he might, however, it proved to be an impossible task. "Make it a plate to go. I don't want to keep the council waiting more than necessary," Spoke Takanobu's father before starting towards the front door. "When you've had your fill meet me outside Izumi. "
Last edited by Legacy on Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:08 pm

She would nod and say “thank you miss, I would love some!” She would then sit down looking curiously at him wondering what he was thinking about. She would then sit down and wait for breakfast and says “so you mentioned a journey but no one told me to go anywhere yet, where will this journey lead me?” After that conversation and the food got here she would start to happily eat it quickly and says “thanks seconds please?”

She would then think about what she could do or say. Both the father and taka were quite quiet almost eerily quiet and she didn’t know what to do she hoped nothing was wrong with them but she was no mind reader. So she decided to just pretend she didn’t notice, she then heard him speak and happily nodded saying “sure” if she got a bowl of seconds she would happily eat it all then ask for more till she was on her fifth plate or she was cut off. Once that was done she would say happily thanks for the meal, then starts to get ready for this journey they mentioned. She hoped she would be able to finish it soon and come back here, maybe if she did they would let her stay she thought. Finally when she was ready she would head outside like she was told to and waited there to see what her adoptive dad wanted.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:42 pm

After the second helping had been served Takanobu's mother began to wash and put away each dish, storing what was left of her cooking for a later date. While this act may or may not have raised suspicion to an outsider, it was common practice within Takanobu's house hold. Each person ate till the point of no longer being 'hungry' and saved left overs for another day. It was perhaps for this reason, why his family had been able to grow both in spirit and financial prosperity. Because this was the way of disciplined Shinobi family and tradition within Takanobu's house hold, no thought was given to whether or not Haruka was or wasn't still hungry herself. She'd consumed two helpings as did everyone but Takanobu's father which was good enough for his mother.

Outside, Takanobu's father waited and upon seeing Haruka, he was quick to step off opting to walk and speak casually while they traveled. "You'll have to forgive me or perhaps hate me until the end of days," he began evenly. "What I told my family about your situation, it must have been tough to listen to. Yet and still, there is more bad news." Never breaking stride, the man listenes and watched for Haruka's attention. He wanted to make sure she understood what was about to happen and why.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:57 pm

Haruka was definitely still hungry but she wasn’t going to argue with them over wether or not she could have more food and just continued on when outside. When outside after awhile of walking she heard what the dad would say curiously while walking also “what reason would i have to hate you? yes it was tough but it’s just something I have to get used to now no point getting mad each time someone brings up how my mom died” she think waits for a few moments and says “more bad news what is it? “ she then tried to brace herself for what ever bad news he had planned.

She already had enough bad news these past few days and really didn’t like the idea of getting more but sadly it wasn’t like she had a choice. Haruka just waited for him to tell her the bad news, as she walked with the fellow village member, while millions of horrible scenarios flooded through her head. As she waited to see what he heard.
Last edited by Kaitos10 on Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:06 pm

"I'll be able to pay for you to have your own place for a while and will cover the expenses of that place until you can get on your feet, but it isn't likely that those of the clan will agree to letting you live on the compound. Officially, while I owe your mother and Father a great debt that is entirely a personal matter. In other words, it isn't something that would pertain to the clan overall. As I said before I can help you find a place of your own and will foot any and all expenses until you can cover it yourself but that's about all that I can do." Said Takanobu's Father while looking ahead. He didn't like being the one to deliver tough news to anyone but detested putting things off even more. At least with the knowledge given Haruka could still her heart and mind, preparing for the difficult path that lay before her; fortunate to have been birthed and bred of the leaf where economical prosperity was a non issue for most citizens to include the village Treasury. If the event should arise where he couldn't attend to her funds, Takanobu's Father held no reserves that she'd still be taken care of by the Leaf council in this manner.

He just hoped that this sudden news would not some day sour the potential bond that could have been built between her and his first born, thoughts of what Takanobu would do if presented one day with the same kind of circumstance that has befallen this girl. Pushing the thought aside, he kept pace with her and listened carefully for what would happen next.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:57 am

Haruka then listened in to what he had to say thankfully it wasn’t as bad as she was expecting that said it was still very disappointing but again still no reason to get mad at him or hate him over it. So she nodded saying “as much as I was hoping to have a family again, You did warn me it was unlikely to work and I still appreciate the help.” She then kept walking now pretty sullen but trying to hold back any tears for now and tried to put on a strong front. She didn’t want to make him worry she then thought to herself as they walked ‘where are they going’ after that bad news she couldn’t really think of where they would be walking to.

There was the possibility they were walking just to walk and go on a nice stroll which could be nice. She wondered if they were heading out of the senju district and then stopping or if they were visiting a new house for her to live in it was hard to say. She then waited several minutes to see if he had anything else to tell her. But eventually if he didn’t say anything after awhile she would say “so is there anything else you want to talk to me about? Or should i go over to my new house? “
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:30 pm

For what was to be most of the afternoon Takanobu's Father deliberated with the leaf village council member Aoi; a shrewd and cunning man well versed in Konoha's affairs, responsible for the village military matters. At some point during their discussion it'd come out that Haruka had graduated from Konoha's Ninja academy and that there was indeed a file on record with her registration information which meant that by default, she were the responsibility of the governing municipality- paperwork would be submitted to the Hokage's office with the following documentation:

Form Request:

Name of requestee: [Blank] Senju

Classification: Civil

Request details: "I have with me a child who's bloodline is on the very verge of existinction. They have paperwork suggesting that they have attended Konoha's academy, requesting to set up a domacile within the village for their dwelling.

Approve [✓/×]
Upon submitting the necessary paperwork the rest of Haruka's situation would be handled by appropriate officials with results pending their decisions. In this way, his Father had done everything he could to uphold the oath he'd taken. Meanwhile, Takanobu strolls toward Konoha's Main Gate after a long lecture about Genin conduct & Policies , Foreign national Conduct.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Haruka would’ve when told the council was finished head inside to start filling out all the paper work required. It was quite frustrating though because she was a small child they thankfully didn’t require her to read and understand everything in the paper work. But was still annoying how much times she was required to put down her name, she kept at it though trying her best to keep her paitence how ever limited it was at this particular moment. She hoped she wouldn’t have to do more when she got older because as she was learning now paper work really sucks.

When she was finally done she would thank them for the help then would proceed to head to her new house unless they needed her for anything else. Hopefully they didn’t but she could never tell for sure, assuming they didn’t she would head to her new home and get ready for her new life inside these walls. Hopefully she could eventually surpass her mother and roam around free dancing with her children one day without having to worry about being hunted down and killed. But only time could tell and there’s no telling what would happen going forward.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:15 pm

Chapter conclusion:
And so the tale of Haruka Izumi begins with a tumultuous rift. After being informed of the Senju clan's decision to abstain from taking her in a heavy burden is placed upon her shoulders; however, this burden is not hers to bare alone. Granted a home of her own and a sizeable living wage to boot by those of high council standing the ball is now in her court. Will the youthful Kunoichi thrive with what has been given or will she fall to the way side? The world will just have to wait and see...

Meanwhile; as for Takanobu, though not much has changed in his daily life and routine, meeting with Haruka for the first time has served as a reminder of his own fortune. Will he take the blessings laid before him for granted or perhaps learn and grow from the brief encounter, committing to serving with humility and dignity the village and clan that has shown kindness by way of destiny? Find out in episodes to come!
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”