Interesting

Dot and Brood [Closed Training Thread]

hobnob

Interesting

Post by hobnob » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:41 am

Noeru was laid on his back watching the clouds pass him by. His hands were tucked under his head offering support, his leg was bent at a ninety degree angle and the other was was resting on that knee. He let out a sigh as watch the clouds casually stroll along the blue skies. The weather was good, sun was shining, the occasional cloud in the sky making its way along. A good day for training, the issue was the lad had no idea what exactly he wanted to train. So he just laid there on his back, contemplating exactly what he needed to work on the most. Hopefully soon he would have a light bulb moment, and his troubles would pass.

Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into hours. It felt like he was just enjoying the atmosphere too much, and he didn't have any interest in training today. But this was not the way to go. He had to do something. So he hopped onto his feet and began doing some gentle stretching to limber up before he began working on his endurance. He turned around to face the trees, and then he began to run towards them and a decent speed. Speeding up as he got closer and closer, he would begin to run up the tree without the use of chakra, at the last second he would bounce off, back flip and hopefully land on his feet, where he would get ready to repeat the action. And like that, he would keep going until he figured out something better to do.
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

broodboy

Interesting

Post by broodboy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:57 pm

Akihiro sat at a table within the busy streets of Kona as he sipped some tea and scribed the memories from the previous day. A habit that most Henrin followed. He was in the Hidden Leaf Village on a cultural exchange mission with his Senpai and to take care of a few bureaucratic things pre-Chunin exams. He carefully sketched some numbers and referenced a book he had about metal compositions in the scrolls he carried.

Konah was home to a very unique bird whose feathers were said to have fuuton like properties. Chakra natures were curious attributes but, Akihiro could only think about the possibility of armor or even arrows that were made using these rare feathers. He ventured to an area of the forest he thought would be secluded only to discover a young man around his age running up against a tree.

He approached the Konah genin calmly and announced his presence. "Excuse me, what are you doing out here?"

hobnob

Interesting

Post by hobnob » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:10 am

A few minutes had passed since he began his workout. Perspiration was beginning to appear on the back on his neck as he continuously ran up the tree. His leg muscles were working hard, along with his core as he has to make sure he kept himself at the right angle otherwise he would fall off. He ran up the tree as fast as he could, reached as high as he could and then he leapt backwards and landed on his feet a few meters away, back in the spot that he had started. Then he heard a voice unknown to him; he turned around, to see a boy around his age. The youth was wrapped in a cloak, through which he appeared to be lean. Under his hood, Noeru could see black eyes with red ring in them, and interestingly, he had a bandanna hanging around his neck with a fuuin seal running across it.

Noeru smiled as he turned to face the boy fully. 'Hey there… I'm just doing a little bit of training… What bring you here?' Noeru said as he watched the boy. He assumed that he was one of the shinobi from Sunagakure, as they have been known to be in the village in preparation of the chuunin exams. He was glad he got to meet some of the shinobi he will be competing with, in the weeks to come.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

broodboy

Interesting

Post by broodboy » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:31 pm

The chunin exams were coming around so it was only natural for young genin or even seasoned ones to push extra hard during this time. While relations between the two countries were strong the ninja world was still very full of secrets and Akihiro always kept that in mind when visiting other villages. "Training, that's all they ever make me do. I tagged along on this trip so I could escape my training regimen for a little bit and look for materials."

The young boy walked slowly up to the other and pulled out a scroll showing off a bird with a long tail that went from green to blue. " I was actually hoping to find this bird here. The archives back in Suna talk about the feathers having fuuton like properties. Have you ever seen it?" The weaponsmith looked the genin up during his approach and noticed his clans marking on his attire.

"Are you from a villag clan?" He paused for a moment, black eyes staring intently at the marking on the red strap. "Sorry, I am Henrin, Akihiro of Suna."

hobnob

Interesting

Post by hobnob » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:24 pm

'Look for materials?' Noeru thought, slightly confused. Looking for materials was not something a normal shinobi did, especially not in times of approaching Chuunin exams. Noeru watched as the boy before him brought out a scroll and unraveled it. On the parchment, there was a drawing of a beautiful bird with a very unusual composure. It's tail was something he had never seen before. He understood why he wanted to get this bird. It was a beautiful bird, one that had not come about very often. Noeru found it interesting that this particular bird had feathers with fuuton like properties, it truly made the bird unique, just what did this boy want to do with those feathers? Noeru wondered.

'I've never seen this kind of bird... Must be very rare.' He said as his eyes shifted from the scroll and to the boy. 'Hey if you don't mind me asking... Why are you after this bird exactly? What is it you want to do with its feathers?' He wondered whether he came across as too intense, but he was surely going to find out soon enough.

As a show of good will, Noeru decided to give the youth some information too. 'I belong to the House of Senju, we've lived in this village for a long time.' He said with a smile on his face.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

broodboy

Interesting

Post by broodboy » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:43 am

Senju, Akihiro remembered that name during his studies at the Henrin compound. His eyes fluttered for a second recalling that they utilized a special wood type ninpou and were extremely influential within the village of Konah. That aside the young genin was sad to hear that the bird was probably fair. After all, any type of creature that utilized chakra was probably a myth or at the very least a spirit. It might have been spotted during a ritual or a certain celestial movement. Regardless the Henrin closed his scroll and placed it back onto his back.

"Senju, I've heard of them before but, I don't know much about them. I think all our archives said were that you could use wood style!" He spoke with great respect as not to upset or cause any international incidents. As if a genin could cause such things. "Well I wanted to study it for one and learn how it was able to get such an amazing property and two I wanted to use them in crafting a quiver set. I am a weapon and armor crafter back in Suna and well this is how I contribute to the village."

Talking to this Senju genin would be a perfect use of his desire to join the Scribes of the Sands and the boy jumped at it. "Would you mind if I interviewed you about your clan's history!?" An odd request for sure especially in the shinobi world, but Akihiro just wanted the tale and not so much their secrets. Besides, how many secrets could one so young actually know.

hobnob

Interesting

Post by hobnob » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:58 pm

Noeru smiled as he heard the boy speak. It was always nice to hear that the family one belongs to is well known. It had its up sides, and down sides unfortunately. The youth asked if he was able to carry out an interview about his family. Noeru was happy to do so but he was not sure how much he was actually allowed to disclose. These were matters that could potentially place his family in danger. Noeru decided to play it safe. 'Sure you can! But the thing is, I don't know all that much. I've been a bit of an outcast in the family up until recently, so I know the the stuff every one else does. You can ask away if you wish!' He let out, and then took a moment to catch his breath. This was a bit of a mouthful, especially that Noeru did not usually talk this much

While he waited for the youth to present his questions, Noeru started thinking about the thing he could ask the other boy. He wanted to know how Sunagakure managed to survive in the desert, considering water was a bit of a scarce resource out there. He wanted to know whether the boy himself belonged to a family or not. These were all question that he would ask in the near future. But for now, he just waited for the boy to ask away.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

broodboy

Interesting

Post by broodboy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:41 am

Akihiro excitedly pulled out a scroll and pen and took a comfortable spot on the forest floor. Scribbled the Senju's clan symbol at the top and his Noeru's name below. "I know all about being a bit of an outcast. The Henrin expect a lot out of me as well." He paused for a moment and ruminated on the pressure he felt form his mother and father. While it was encouraged to pursue your own abilities they still wanted Aki to focus more on normal shinobi affairs as opposed to the work he did in the forge.

"So, tell me about the Senju. You know, the typical things they would teach in school and what they are known for and then perhaps why you think you are an outcast."

hobnob

Interesting

Post by hobnob » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:39 pm

Noeru sat beside the youth and began thinking about the question the youth had posed before him. He still was not sure what he was allowed to say, now that the time has passed he could not really remember why he was an outcast, he closed that chapter of his life behind him and left it there. But, he knew he did not want to sit down. He wanted to move around and experience things, he was also feeling pretty hungry. It would probably be a good shout for the two to go and get something to eat. If they were going to talk about their past, and their clans, they might as well doing it over some pork ribs.

'Let's go, we'll grab some food while we do this interview thing haha.' Noeru said as he began walking towards the gates of the training area, but he would stop and wait for his new comrade to catch up, assuming that he decided to follow.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

broodboy

Interesting

Post by broodboy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:27 pm

Akihiro could see the intense thought Noeru was putting into what he wanted to share. Whether he was trying to be cautious about what he could share or he was trying to figure out where he fits in his family was in question. The boy's anxiousness or impatience was visible as he looked like he was on edge. The suggestion to head out for some food was a welcome one. In classic nerd kid, Akihiro forgot to eat again choosing to read over yesterday's memories instead. "Food sounds amazing! I bet the food you get here has a lot less sand in it." He laughed at the absurd accusation that Suna was incapable of washing its own food from the desert sand.

He followed his new 'friend' to the large gates of the training area as he put away his pen and notebook. The hunt for the bird's feathers would have to wait and his invention would get put on pause. He was excited at the anticipation of new information about a clan he knew little about and what made them special. The two began to walk, Akihiro following with Noeru leading the way.

"The Henrin is not a clan ironically. We are a family. However that works"

hobnob

Interesting

Post by hobnob » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:21 pm

'A family you say? That must be one big family...' Noeru let out as he walked beside his friend, leading the way to one of his favorite restaurants in the village. Over the years he had heard the odd word here and there about the the Henrin, but never anything specific. He was actually very happy that this boy had stumbled into the training ground where he was. His eyes were very peculiar dark, nearly black around the edges with two red rings where the pupil and iris normally are. That was a very interesting train for a family, easily distinguishable. But he was very interested in what that family could do with such eyes. It would be an understatement to say that he was excited for brunch with this fellow genin.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”