Bird fell out of a Window?

Rain & Katya

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:11 pm

Inuzuka Minako was bored already. Walking through the village with a scroll in hand she went over her information again and wrinkled up her nose. "This could not be more boring, I'm telling you, Rei." she was saying under her breath to her companion who walked alongside her. She read over the detailed schedule again and again. "This one has a very boring life." she muttered as she got to the back of the building she was looking for. She stuffed the scroll away in a pocket and looked down at Rei. "Stay here." she grumbled, noticing the look of annoyance as Rei sat down heavily with a huff and stared off down the alleyway.

Minako meanwhile channeled chakra to her feet and quickly ran up the side of the building to her target window and quietly pulled herself up to sit on the sill. She pushed the curtains aside and saw the form of her 'target' sitting at his desk with a fair sized pile of paperwork at it. She tilted her head, the decor in her head making a light tinkling with the motion as she watched him. "Wow that looks boring." she spoke aloud, still sitting in the window with one leg dangling on either side of the window, one inside, and one outside.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Rain21199

Post by Rain21199 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:36 pm

Snap.

The shadows that had creeped their way into the dust riddled office revolted in fear at the sight of the newly lit match. This match’s flame ignited the wick of a candle that had been set ablaze a few too many times. All that remained of the once tall, white candle was a short stub riddled with ridges and bumps.

Zakuro made a mental note to replace it after he was done with work as he brought the match closer to his face. The tip of the dull grey cigarette that loosely hung from the man’s lips flared up with an orange light. With a quick flick of his wrist, the flame of the match suddenly went out. The only remnants of the fire was a thin line of smoke floating into the air. The room smelled of smoke, dust, and paper. Probably not the best of combinations. With an exhale of smoke, Zakuro replaced that smell with the stench of cigarettes.

Glancing out the window briefly, Zakuro saw an orange colored sky. The day was almost over and what another dreadfully boring day it was. He could just sit there, wait for the sun to dip a respectful amount under the horizon, and leave, pretending he did a full day’s work. Zakuro, however, was too hard of a worker for that to ever happen. Konoha was short of food rations, and Mamorinuku needed a constant food supply sent to the observation towers. As much as he wished it would, this problem would not fix itself.

Minutes later, while reading through a report on local farmers, Zakuro heard a soft shuffle on the windowsill behind him. The girl who had caused this noise spoke to him, mocking the entertaining value of reading the struggles faced by Fire Country farmers after the war. She was completely right.

Without looking up, Zakuro gave a small chuckle and replied, “Please tell me you’re here to kill me and save me from this boredom.”

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

" A 7 for Zangy for example, is different from a 7 from Envy who is not quite a nuanced writer as Zangy is (sorry Envy), which is different from a 7 for Rain, who has English as his second language." - Onu 2016

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:46 pm

Minako wrinkled up her nose at the smell of the cigarette smoke. It was definitely a smell she had come to hate. "Pretty sure that's what the cigarette is for isn't it? Killing you?" she retorted, shifting in the window to bring both feet in and let them both touch the floor before standing with a sigh and stretching. The stretch almost looked like a bored canine getting its bearings than a person who just squeezed through a small window. The stretch brought up her shirt a bit, revealing the scar from her belly button to her side that still was less than a month old and rather unsightly but she seemed unphazed by it. She yawned as she stretched and eyed him a bit.

She walked closer and looked down at the papers on his desk and simply chuckled. "I got bored and saw an open window... if I realized there would be so much smoke I might've skipped it..." she said, waving a hand in front of her nose. "You stink of it."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Rain21199

Post by Rain21199 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:33 pm

"Not fast enough it seems." He retorted with a chuckle. Zakuro glanced over his shoulder, finally taking in the girl who made her way into his office. An Inuzaka, fit, pretty, but bordering on too young for Zakuro. He quickly put out the cigarette. They always did have a rather sensitive nose. It would be rude to make his "guest" suffer from his addiction any longer.

Swiveling his chair to face the girl, Zakuro leaned back and stretched his arms with her, yawning in the process. "So, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

" A 7 for Zangy for example, is different from a 7 from Envy who is not quite a nuanced writer as Zangy is (sorry Envy), which is different from a 7 for Rain, who has English as his second language." - Onu 2016

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:24 pm

Minako smiled gratefully as Zakuro put out the cigarette. She really did hate the smell, but hadn't planned on asking him to put it out when it was his office. She was glad he did though anyway. She sat on the edge of his desk and took out a scroll from her pocket as he asked her a question and she offered it to him. "I was supposed to deliver this." she told him. "I just was bored and thought the window looked more fun... pretty sure Rei is down there pretty pissed at me for it right about now though." she admitted, referring to her dog companion who was still waiting down on the ground below the window.

Meanwhile the scroll, whenever Zakuro would break the scroll and read it, would bear fairly ill news. The message within had details of a citizen of Konoha who had been apparently kidnapped and currently held for ransom in a specific location just outside the limits of both the village and the forest surrounding it. Minako seemed to fall quiet, waiting on Zakuro to read the message.

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”