Oops Excuse Me! [Anbu/Root Recruitment]

Tenzin seeks out Aiya to offer her a role in the Root Organization within the Anbu. WIll she accept?

Texas

Post by Texas » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:40 pm

Yoru gave some intel on a particular genin that had some unique traits. Tenzin agreed on scouting this ninja out for a potential slot within the Root Organization. She was a unique specimen, part of the Ibakuro clan. Not only did the clan intrigue the two Anbu members but she had an even more unique ability as well. Several days had passed from when the two had discussed a new candidate. During that time Tenzin had done a little bit of recon to get an idea of the young shinobi's routine. When the shinobi would walk from her home in the Ibakuro compound to the public training grounds she would pass through one of the shopping sections of Konoha. Like many spots this was a slightly narrow road with touristic popup shops and food stops as well. It was a perfect place to make the first interaction.

On a beautiful sunny day, Tenzin made it a point to go ahead of time. He secretly wanted to get some sweets beforehand since it was rare opportunity to do so. It was early in the morning, if Aiya was to make her way on her normal routine then it would only be an hour or so before then. While Tenzin waited, he walked through the popup shops and admired everything that was being sold. Some were interesting and some were cheap, but all alike were different depending on which shop he had stopped at. The shinobi stopped in line at a particular funnel cake spot. He simply stood there with his hands in his pockets waiting to get one of those tasty treats!
Characters
NameVillageRank
Hatake, TenzinKonohagakure no SatoBanin - [color=#BF0000]Text Color[/color]
Ishiguro, AkihikoKumogakure no SatoChuunin - [color=#FF4080]Text Color[/color]
Kisama, GinjiroHeart EmpireNatsubushi - [color=#80BF80]Text Color[/color]
Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:11 pm

True to form, Aiya made her way down one of the many streets of Konoha on her way to her usual training ground, eager to try out a few new moves she had been thinking up. Of course, she always chose this specific path for one reason; food. She was always quick to grab a stick of dango or a sweet bean bun, some quick treat to support her energy levels while she trained. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping; it was a beautiful day in the village, not a care in the world. Aiya had no idea that she would meet someone today that would change her life...

The young Ibakuro, her weapons strapped all over her body, stood out like a sore thumb; not that she was trying to hide. Approaching her usual stand, she gave a small bow to the woman running the place; a brown haired beauty by the name of Kana. "Haha, chipper as ever, eh Aiya?"

"Of course! With your bean buns, how could I not be chipper?"

Their conversation continued for a few minutes as she purchased a small bun from her, still fresh and steaming, wrapped up in a piece of cloth. Aiya happily paid the woman, and with a small bow, she was off to her usual destination; the training grounds. The entire time, Tenzin's presence was scarcely noticed by Aiya. He was just another face in the crowd to her... which was probably exactly what he wanted.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:52 am

The Root leader saw from the corner of his eyes the young shinobi walk through the normal path. He went into a different line next to hers as if he was going to buy another treat. He attempted to just look normal. Once Tenzin heard, "Of course! With your bean buns, how could I not be chipper?", he knew to make his move. Before she could fully leave, Tenzin would make a misdirected turn towards the young shinobi. If he was successful, he would bump into Aiya or at least get close enough to place a note in her ninja pouch located on her right side. With a few steps forward Tenzin would hopefully either bump into or get close, following with a "Oops, excuse me. I guess I should watch where I am going, right?."

If Tenzin was swift enough, Aiya would not have felt the slight of hand. The note had three parts to it. One was coordinates. It read as simple numbers, these numbers would lead her to a forest area not too far away from the Anbu compound. The second part would instruct the Ibakuro clan member to arrive when it was dark out. Out of all of the instructions, the third one was most important. It was to destroy the instructions.

After the interaction, Tenzin wouldn't want to spend any more face time to avoid suspicion as a whole. He would turn around and seem to go the opposite way. This movement would continue until he was sure that he was out of sight from the young shinobi. This would allow him to take a less direct approach to the same training grounds she was heading to. Tenzin wanted to watch how she would proceed.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:00 am

Aiya turned away from the bean bun seller just in time to get bumped into by another person, an older looking boy with white hair just a touch taller than she was. The girl let out a small "Oof!" As the two collided, but luckily the bump didn't make her drop her treat. That would've been so upsetting. "No no, it's quite alright!" Aiya shrugged the interaction off with relative ease; after all, everyone makes mistakes. The guy was probably just enthralled with some thought, or maybe he had something in hand that Aiya hadn't noticed like a book or something? Either way, the short interaction was over as quickly as it had begun, and Aiya was back to her usual routine without being any the wiser as to what had actually just happened.

She wouldn't realize until later what had actually happened... About thirty minutes later, as she arrived at a small training ground that she frequented for practicing her Bojutsu, Aiya went to slip what was left of her bean bun into her ninja pouch. But as she did so, her finger brushed against some kind of paper... odd, as she didn't usually keep paper in her pouch like that, with all the Kunai and other things. With a curious look, Aiya gripped the paper between her index and middle finger, removing it and bringing it into the light as she inspected the cryptic message. Being shinobi, she was trained enough in coordinates to understand how to read them. Later on, she'd have to reference a map to understand where this secluded area was though... And why night? She wasn't much of a night owl, but even stranger than the rest of that was the order to destroy the paper after reading. "What on earth..." Aiya thought aloud as she looked the paper over, sniffed it, did everything she could to get a sense of it's origin.

Eventually, with a sigh and a confused look, Aiya did as instructed; walking over to a small torch on the border of the training ground, she'd hold the paper up to the flame and watch as it turned to ash in moments. "I've got a bad feeling about this... but we're in Konoha. It's not like anything too bad could happen here... right?" Again, the Ibakuro thought aloud as she mused on just what all of this would entail. Was it a trap? Perhaps some sect of conspirators who sought to overthrow the council, or even the Hokage himself? Or was it some kind of prank, played on her by her new mentor Minako? Or... something else entirely?

She'd have to wait until tonight to find out.
As the hours of the day passed, the woman's mind continued to race on what that note had meant. After her couple hours of training, the girl returned home and made quick reference to a map in her house to locate the coordinates that had been given to her. That night, she snuck out her window so as not to alert her family, and as she neared the location she would produce a torch, igniting the flaming stick so that she might better see... whatever she was meant to see. It took a while, but when she finally arrived at the listed location, she simply stood, watched, listened... and waited. What's going on around here?
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:57 am

Although not Tenzin's most ideal way of spending his day, he made sure to keep a distance. He traveled from different rooftops and alternative routes in order to hide from plain sight. When the shinobi found a spot to perch himself, he kept close attention to the way that Aiya behaved after reading the letter. He was slightly joyed to see her read it in confusion and then burn the letter. It was important for all of the Anbu members to practice secrecy, but also be capable. If she could figure out how to get to the location, then she would have taken the right step towards the Root Organization.

The root member followed her back to her family barracks. He could only go so far since he made sure not to enter into any of the clan locations. Tenzin caught himself daydreaming and when he snapped back into reality, he watched as the young shinobi snuck out of her family home and started to head to the location near the base. The white haired shinobi followed the girl from a distance again, but took out a red bean bun and ate it as he continued. 'Wait.. this is actually really good...' he thought as the red bean bun had been devoured in only a matter of seconds.

Distractions aside, the shinobi decided to run ahead of her to meet her at the spot. It had been a long day and Aiya had already been sought out for her talents. It would be brief, but Tenzin had to make sure this was something that she would want to do. Upon arriving, the shinobi jumped up to a tree and hid himself. He watched as she drew close. The shinobi moved slightly but he actually tripped on the branch and fell down. When he landed on the ground, all forms of incognito went out the window.

Landing several feet away from her, Tenzin jumped up quickly to see her reaction. The shinobi only responded with a "Damn, that did not go as planned." With his right arm holding his side and the left hand over the back of his head, Tenzin spoke out loud: "Don't be too alarmed... Your name is Aiya correct?"
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:04 pm

Aiya looked around as she made her way through a small forest that she hadn't tread through before, looking around for a hint of whatever she was supposed to find out in this secluded location. That hint, however, came from above, as the sudden sound of branches shifting above her caused her to look up and watch as a white haired shinobi landed in front of her. The same white haired man she had met earlier, in the market district. Her hand immediately reached for one of her Tonfa, while the other held the torch out, both to get a better look at the man but also as a threatening improvised weapon. "Ahh! Hey, you're that guy from the markets!" Aiya remarked aloud as she analyzed the man's features closer, trying to understand what made him special... and what made her special, for that matter.

"So it was you then, huh? When you bumped into me, you must've slipped me that note. What's with all the cloak and dagger, huh? Even for a shinobi, this whole situation is pretty sketchy!" She'd wait for a response, but Aiya was already pretty strong on the defensive right now; She wasn't in the mood for games.
Active Characters

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:15 pm

Tenzin realized how it looked and he waved both of his hands in the air in a blurring waving motion. "Haha... Sketchy is one way to look at it. Secretive is the other. You have a good eye. My name is Tenzin. Sorry for the introduction, I planned something more smoother but I guess that is a path that wasn't taken." He kept his hands up for a few seconds in hopes that she would ease her, rightfully so, defensive position. He turned her back to her and started to walk deeper into the forest. In hopes that she would follow, he would continue the conversation with the young shinobi.

"So Aiya, it is no secret that you have some unique capabilities. Have you ever considered what kind of path you would want to take as a shinobi? Surely after graduating the academy you have some outlook to which path you would like to take." Tenzin wanted to get a sense of where she saw her self. In a lot of interviews it would be a very frustrating question to ask someone young for a few reasons. They could genuinely not know or have an ambition that would simply change over time. However, in this instance the offer Tenzin and Yoru would give her would allow her to progress forward regardless.

While Tenzin's back was to Aiya, he would slowly weave a few hand seals preparing to make sure that she was not followed and to make sure no one was truly around.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:32 pm

Aiya eyed the white haired man, identified as Tenzin, with a good deal of suspicion. But he seemed to come relatively clean, relatively fast, making clear that he was being stealthy and secretivie in regards to some greater plan that he wanted her helpt to enact. Or perhaps, he wanted to help her instead? She wasn't sure yet, but either way he wasn't giving off enemy vibes. She'd slip her tonfa away, but keep the torch out, if for no other reason than to illuminate their path. "I've got an eye on you, Tenzin. But i'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now." She stated matter of factly, following behind him deeper into the forest.

He continued to talk, turning this strange, clandestine rendezvous into what seemed more like an interview of her future. A strange direction for the conversation to take, but one she would nonetheless entertain. After all, she already agreed to keep following him. "Nothing specific, truth be told. I wanted to become a shinobi to follow my dad's footsteps, and make my parents and clan proud. With the Ibakuro clan being so newly founded, a lot of us still feel like our worth needs to be proven. What better way to show value than in the field, serving Konoha's interests as Shinobi?" It was a fairly standard answer all things considered, but in truth, Aiya hadn't given it much thought beyond that. Her natural penchant for weaponry, her strange bloodline capabilities, they both lent themselves very well to the Shinobi lifestyle. It fit her like a well tailored glove, so why fight against what felt natural?

"...You could've just pulled me aside and asked me this, Tenzin. What aren't you telling me?"
Active Characters

Texas

Post by Texas » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:02 pm

The shinobi had the question ring in his ears: "What aren't you telling me?" He turned around and showed that he released a jutsu. In the same motion he put his pointer finger over his mouth. This was to show that he needed a moment to see if anyone was around. Using the Sensory style and utilizing his released chakra, the Anbu Agent checked the area to cover his bases in case someone had followed her. He put a slight sigh of relief as he lead her to a spot out of the forest that showed an odd looking structure.

"Following in a family member, or even a friends footsteps is a good start. However, one's ambition will surpass that in a shorter time than you would think. Some day you will come to make a decision for your own on what you truly would like to do."

With those words followed Tenzin walking up to the gate and releasing the Fuuinjutsu that was on the door. He motioned to the young shinobi to follow her and would be willing to answer any questions had there been in the process. If both of them entered together, Tenzin would continue his talk with Aiya. "You have a good eye and sense of situations. There was more on your file, but you are a natural. You are right Aiya, I didn't just go through all of these lengths to find out your future. In fact, I came to you for something mutual." The two would continue through the halls and eventually get to the Root wing of the organization.

The halls were dimly lit and as a whole felt completely empty. There were many factors for this, most of the shinobi were on missions. However, the Root Organization was selective and different than the Anbu sector. This opportunity would allow young shinobi to take their unique traits and master them. Develop a powerful way to utilize what they didn't know was possible. Tenzin lead her to an office like set up and motioned to her to take a seat before he did. If she did or did not, Tenzin would continue his invitation.

"As you can tell secrecy is one of our main policies here. Us from the Anbu would like to formally invite you into the Root Organization. I had to wait until we were in a fully secure location before speaking bluntly. In Root, we will help mold you into a stronger version of yourself. Of course you will do missions and continuously test your limit, however this is a unique opportunity that could help you grow. We know some of your capabilities, but if you would to join us we would need to know everything so we could help you progress."

The shinobi leaned back a little bit. He knew he threw a lot at her quickly, however he wanted to test what her reaction and response would be to something thrown at her like this. Would she accept? Tenzin sat and wait for any questions she would have.

Jutsu UsedShow
*[Sensory Style • Beyond Senses]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: 10 Control
This sensor jutsu is used by shinobi to feel chakra sources within a radius of 35 meters. While this jutsu is fairly helpful in sensing chakra, it is unable to actually pinpoint specific chakras outside of a 10m radius. This only gives the Shinobi an idea of how many entities with chakra are present in their general area.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:37 pm

Aiya tilted her head as the man turned around, holding a hand seal for a moment before shushing her. At first, she wanted to lash out at him; he was using some kind of jutsu, and who knew what it's effects would've been? But instead, she simply braced for whatever was coming, her body beginning to darkin reflexively as she aimed to tap into the power of her Spider Blood. But instead, nothing came, and her skin lightened to it's normal hue as the man turned back around and headed for some kind of structure. "A little warning would be nice next time..." was all she said in response, continuing to put her better judgement aside as she followed the man further down the rabbit hole.

There was truth in his word; Aiya probably should put more thought into what she wanted to do with herself in the long run, but what did any of that have to do with this shadowy affair? More would be made clear soon, as the man released a seal on that odd structure, which appeared to reveal a door of some kind. She still wasn't getting enemy vibes from this guy, but once she entered that location there wouldn't be any turning back... Still, reluctantly, she followed behind him, entering the hideout.

Navigating the winding corridors through the strange hideout, the man's words echoed in her head; something mutual. She gazed around the complex, seeing symbols and imagery that made clear what all this was before the man even finished explaining himself. Everything was clear to Aiya now, there wasn't a shinobi in Konoha who didn't know what ANBU was. These were some of the most elite shinobi in the village, working from a darkness that even a regular shinobi rarely tread close to. There was no denying that being included in such a group would be a huge boon to Aiya's development moving forward, it would shape her into a great shinobi... or it would break her. ANBU was notorious for rigorous demands. Ironclad bodies and steeled minds were a necessity. Did she really have what it takes to be a part of this group?

Tenzin sure thought so.

Once they were in his office, the cards were laid out flat; Tenzin wanted Aiya to join the "ROOT" group, a subgroup of ANBU dedicated to the improvement of younger, less skilled shinobi, molding them into a perfect fit for true ANBU status down the line. "This is a lot to take in..." Aiya said quietly as she sat in a chair, her mind reeling from the sudden bombardment of revelation. "I never would have thought myself to be the type for a group like ANBU. Sure, I can be sneaky, but... Heh. I guess you see something in me that not even I see. And I think I owe it to myself and to the village to figure out what that is."

Aiya would extend a hand across the table to Tenzin, in the form of a handshake. "I accept. Let's see what ROOT can make of me, hm?"
Active Characters

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”