The Dark Hour

Kabu/Ty

Kabu

The Dark Hour

Post by Kabu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:29 am

It was very late at night, the moon shining brightly down on Kureha as she ran through the streets of Konoha, eyes puffy and cheek throbbing. She didn't want to believe it but finally the worst had happened. She had gone to visit her parents only to find her parents splitting up and herself being forced to choose a side. Of course she could never and had even said as much but it had only served to cause her mother to turn on her, making accusations and finally slapping her when she tried to argue back. It had come as a shock and a realization that things would never be the same.

Having had enough she turned and ran, at first unsure of where to go but soon finding herself heading towards the Ibakuro clan compound, more specifically Aiya's home. In her current state it was all she could think of, though who knew if anyone would answer the door or if she would even be welcomed. Still though as far as she was currently concerned it was her best bet. If it didn't work out then well... she was sure she could think of something.

As she finally arrived at her destination and knocked on the door however she somehow had a feeling that it would work out. She could only hope that she was right.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

The Dark Hour

Post by TyDie » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:11 pm

It was almost bed time for the young Ibakuro girl, her family having had dinner hours ago. Now she sat in the living room, in simple sweat pants and an oversized T shirt, reading a book while she waited for it to get just a bit later. Her mother and father had already retired to their bedroom to do whatever it is they wished, so at the moment it was only Aiya in the living room. And when the knock on the door was heard, Aiya tilted her head in wonder. "Who the hell could that be? It's almost ten at night." For a moment, part of her wondered if this was some sort of ROOT thing. After all, Yoru's 'test' was still fresh in her mind, the trauma of that encounter wouldn't leave for a long time.

Instead, as she closed her book and went to open the door, she found Kureha; Face swollen and eyes red. "Oh goodness, Kureha? Come inside, quick." Aiya would shuffle the girl into the small, one floor building. Walking in from the front door, the living room was immediately in front, with an open kitchen on the far end from the front door. To the right was a hallway that no doubt went to the bedrooms and bathroom. And in the living room was two chairs and a couch, with a coffee table between them. It was a simple home, but the clan being so new, they had little time to make large renovations to compound purchased homes.

"Please, take a seat hun. Can I get you anything to drink or eat?" Aiya would move towards the couch, guiding Kureha to it, before hopping over to the kitchen to get some tea started. Aiya wasn't really sure how to handle this, and her parents still hadn't come out to see what was the matter...
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Kabu

The Dark Hour

Post by Kabu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:03 pm

To Kureha the minute or so that passed after she knocked felt like an eternity. She wanted to turn and leave but she held strong and was soon rewarded, her face lighting up at the sight of Aiya. She allowed herself to be guided inside, shaking her head at the offering. "No, I'm good for now." she quietly spoke, realizing for the first time just how tense she had been as she took a seat, staring around at the room. "This is a nice place." she added with a smile. It was rather simplistic but that just added to the charm rather than subtracting.

"I'm sorry for just arriving out of the blue like this. The situation at home took a turn and I couldn't think of anywhere else to go." she suddenly spoke, sniffling as the gravity of the situation hit her and she did her best to keep from crying.

"I was hoping things would get better but they were really deteriorating right under my nose."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

The Dark Hour

Post by TyDie » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Aiya would set the tea to boil, even if Kureha said she was okay... She could sense that she wouldn't be for long. The comment about her house would bring a small smile to her face, and as Aiya sat next to the girl on the couch, she waited for her to explain what was going on. Sure enough, something to do with her home life... "It'll be alright, Kureha..." Aiya would take the girl's hand if she let her, and gently stroke the back of her hand with her fingers, squeezing lightly here and there as she let out deep breaths. "Hold on just a second... I need to talk to my parents really quick. Stay right there." the young Ibakuro would then get up from the couch and move into the back hallway, giving a knock on one of the doors before slowly entering and shutting it behind her.

She'd be in the room for a few moments, explaining everything to her parents, before slowly exiting the room and shutting the door behind her. As she moved back to the couch by Kureha, a small smile on her face. "My folks understand what's going on now. You can stay with us for a few nights, as long as you need really." She let out a sigh and rest her hand on Kureha's back, stroking lightly as her thoughts wandered.
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Kabu

The Dark Hour

Post by Kabu » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:44 pm

Kureha's sniffling paused as she tilted her head, feeling admittedly puzzled as Aiya left to go talk to her parents. What could it possibly be about? Of course the answer was the last thing she had expected, her eyes going wide and a bright smile forming at the revelation she could stay for a while. In her mind such a thing had seemed an impossibility. They were really going out of their way, being so nice for someone practically still a stranger. "Thank you. That really means a lot." she said, feeling a strange mix of emotions as she leapt up, wrapping Aiya in a tight hug, her stomach at that moment choosing to rumble.

"Oh, why now? This really is not the time." she grumbled, pouting as she let go of the hug. In her moment of torment food had been far from her mind and now she was feeling it. And regretting letting her sadness get in the way.

"Say... is that earlier offer still on the table?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

The Dark Hour

Post by TyDie » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:25 pm

Aiya simply smiled as she backed away from the hug, shaking her head slightly. "No need to thank me, Kureha. Isn't this what the Will of Fire is all about? Family is more than blood." Just then, the tea kettle sounded through the kitchen, just as Kureha's stomach growled, and Aiya couldn't help but laugh. "Hahaha, Tea and sushi then? It's just leftovers from dinner tonight, but there's a few choice pieces left I'm sure you'll like." Aiya grinned at the girl as she got up to the kitchen to quiet the kettle and gather up some things for food, as well as set the tea to steep. When she came back, she had a small tray that she would set down on the coffee table. On it were the tea kettle, two cups, and a handful of different kinds of sushi. It was a mixed array of crab, eel and salmon sushi, all Uramaki style with the rice on the outside of the seaweed wrap.

"It's not much, but I made it myself. Hopefully it'll quiet your stomach, ha." She scratched her head and began to pour each of them a bit of tea, when Kureha spoke up about what they had talked about earlier. "What offer?" Aiya was puzzled initially, but as she set the kettle down it dawned on her and she gasped.

"Ohhh... that offer." Her face turned serious, but not unkind or harsh. Just, it was a rather heavy topic of discussion. "I won't claim to understand what your home situation is... other than that it's clearly bad. But bear in mind, this is a very serious decision to make. This is the kind of thing that most people consider for months before making their choice, yknow? But..." She took a pause and drank from her tea - Lavender flavor, to help with sleeping and relaxing. "...Yes, the clan is still participating in the Willing Gene Transfer program. As for how to be a part of it, you simply need to express an interest to someone at the Administration building. They'll pass the message along to Hokage Takeo-Sama, and you'll be scheduled for Psychological Evaluation. If you're of sound mind and voluntarily choosing to undergo the process... Then it could be done as early as a few weeks from now."
Active Characters

Kabu

The Dark Hour

Post by Kabu » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:18 pm

Kureha took a seat on the couch, realizing now that she had calmed down just how tense and upset she must have been, going so far to ignore her own hunger. She hummed to herself in an attempt at a distraction as she awaited Aiya's return. Luckily she wouldn't have to wait terribly long, her mouth practically watering at the sight that awaited her, Roku even crawling out of her hair and down to the table, as if curious to see what had her so excited. "I'll be the first to admit, I'll eat nearly anything but that looks lovely." she said, immediately picking up the first piece of sushi to catch her eye and plopping it in her mouth. "Oh, this is so good. I've never had sushi this good." she spoke, of course taking the time to chew and swallow first.

She was about to reach for another piece when Aiya launched into a speech, Kureha frowning as she tilted her head, very clearly puzzled. It was all good information for when she finally came to a decision but... "Umm... Aiya, I had been asking about the food and drink, from when I first arrived, but you beat me to the punch and I love you for it." she said, a sheepish smile on her face. "That said, I appreciate the info but I haven't decided yet. It's only been a few days and right now I know I'm not in any state to be making any big decisions. Right now I would likely big time fail the evaluation." she continued, frowning and sniffling again, fighting back tears as events from earlier began replaying in her mind.

"Though... I wouldn't be losing much. Mom and dad are splitting up and Auntie barely acknowledges that I even exist."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

The Dark Hour

Post by TyDie » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:54 pm

At first, Aiya was happy that Kureha took to her food so quickly. However, as it became apparent that she had completely misread the situation, a wave of embarrassment washed over her. She turned bright red and shirked away from Kureha for a moment, silently hoping it would be okay. She seemed to smile at Aiya, but it didn't help much with Aiya's feelings regarding her social misstep. "Oh gods, I'm so sorry! I thought you were talking about... oh man. That's really embarrassing, ha..." She scratched her head and looked away, chiding herself for such a dumb mistake. But Kureha's own sorrow brought her back from the brink, it got her to stop dwelling on her own embarrassment and focus on Kureha again.

"Oh, Kureha... It'll be okay. I just... " She paused and sighed, feeling her own tears begin to well up as she empathized with Kureha's sorrow. "I'm sorry, Kureha. I don't know what the future will hold for you, but as long as I'm in it, I'll help you as much as I can. Whatever you need, just let me know." She'd give the girl another hug if Kureha would let her, sniffling slightly before taking a deep breath and releasing her. "Go on. Eat, drink, get your energy back. And when you're ready to sleep, you can share my room if you like."
Active Characters

Kabu

The Dark Hour

Post by Kabu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:40 pm

"I'll be okay, knowing I've got a friend like you at my back." Kureha sniffled, a few tears finally escaping as Aiya hugged her. Finally she let herself cry, the mix of emotions both sad and joyful having finally gotten to her. "Really, I don't know what I would be doing without you and I hope we can be friends for a very long time." She was overjoyed to have a friend willing to help her out but at the same time part of her felt a little bad, not really having had too many friends, much less like this. She wasn't entirely sure what to do besides go with the flow, but for now at least that was okay.

As the tears slowed and she was released from the hug, she grabbed another piece of sushi, popping into her mouth and following it up by sipping at her tea. She had never known before getting lost in her emotions could lead to such an appetite. And it was all so tasty, her momentary bliss making it take a moment for her to register Aiya's next statement.

"I would love that, to share a room. It'll be like one of those girly sleepovers. Though I've only read about it in books." she responded to Aiya's comment about sharing her room, giggling at the mental image she received. "Though the ones I've read about seem way too embarrassing so maybe not." she added, yawning as she spoke. Clearly she was a bit worn out.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

The Dark Hour

Post by TyDie » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:20 pm

Aiya smiled warmly at her friend, the poor young girl who had clearly been through too much for a girl her age. "Of course, Kureha. We'll be friends for a very, very long time." If allowed, she'd reach a hand up to wipe away a few of Kureha's tears, caressing her face for a moment before finally bringing her hand back to her side and letting the girl enjoy her food. She seemed giddy about the prospect of a sleepover, and Aiya simply laughed and tried to think more about the happy thoughts than the sad ones.

"Haha, Well I don't know what kind of books you've been reading, but we'll probably just stay up late and talk a bunch until we pass out. At least, that's what I always assumed happened at sleepovers... I've never really had one. Which I mean, that's to be expected. I've not had many friends, and only been around for 2 or 3 years give or take..." Aiya wasn't sure which revelation would be weirder for Kureha; the fact that she had few friends, or the fact that she was so much younger than Kureha was.
Active Characters

Kabu

The Dark Hour

Post by Kabu » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:26 pm

Kureha couldn't help a blush, scratching her cheek in embarrassment. "Ehm, I've read some really embarrassing girly books. You don't wanna know, trust me. Needless to say, I like your idea much better." Kureha responded, pausing a moment to resume eating. "I've never had many friends either. Boys are icky and apparently girls don't like spiders. Even ones that would never hurt a fly." she added, her gaze shifting to Roku, the little tarantula having found the table comfortable enough for a nap.

It was at that moment that she realized the other part of Aiya's comments, her gaze moving to turn back towards the young Ibakuro. She had easily accepted the fact about her having few friends, being in a similar predicament, but now she was beyond confused. "Wait, what? What do you mean you've only been around for 2 or 3 years?" she asked, her mind abuzz with all kinds of other questions. How was this possible? Surely she wouldn't joke about something like this. But she looked like any ordinary teenager... Perhaps clan members were special in that way. She didn't really know much about clans or their biology but this seemed a good time to learn.

"Aiya... have you been hiding things from me? I'm not mad or upset... but I need to know."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

The Dark Hour

Post by TyDie » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:50 pm

Aiya laughed as the girl confessed to reading some 'girly' books, but came back with a smile as it seemed Kureha had the same problems with friends that Aiya did. "Right!? Spiders are the best! Even the boys I've tried to be friends with are grossed out by spiders... it's annoying, to say the least, given that I can't really help my bloodline." She let out a sigh, looking away for a second as momentary sadness flowed through her. But her smile came back just as quick as she turned back to Kureha. "But that's gotten better lately. I met a Suna ninja, I met the children of the Hokage, I met the child of Saigo, and I've met you of course. And all of you have been so nice... It's been great."

The topic of her age stuck it seemed, and she scratched her head with mild embarrassment. "Heh... yeah, about that. Well, as part of our genetics, natural born Ibakuro age much, much faster than normal humans. For every month of an Ibakuro's life, we count it as one year of growth, because our body grows at about that rate. When we near shinobi age, around 11 or 12 but no later than 18, we drink a concoction made by Saigo that slows our aging down to normal again. So, by normal standards, I drank the concoction after 12 months and I'm almost 14 now. Sooo... I've technically only lived for a little under 3 years, but your standards."

Aiya let out a small sigh, as she hadn't meant to conceal anything from Kureha. "I wasn't trying to hide it exactly... It just didn't come up. But if it helps, you wouldn't have that issue if you underwent gene transferral. My understanding is gene transfers only change the eye color of the volunteer. Sorry about that..."
Active Characters

Kabu

The Dark Hour

Post by Kabu » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:03 am

Kureha tilted her head as Aiya explained her circumstances, still wondering how such a thing as aging faster than others was even possible. She doubted that she would get an answer of that level however and really, it honestly didn't matter. She knew she wouldn't understand even if she were to get an answer. Maybe she could ask when she was older and more experienced but for now, most definitely not. It was enough to know that her friend hadn't been hiding some real big secret and was being readily honest with her.

"It's okay, really. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry or make accusations. I just, until mom entered me into the academy I was a civilian raised by civilians. All of this clan stuff is more or less new to me and well, sometimes I let my curiosity get the better of me. I really am sorry if I made you at all uncomfortable." she responded to Aiya's apology with one of her own. "Though I will say, I do love those eyes of yours. I certainly wouldn't mind having those colors for myself."

With that she turned her attention back to her sushi, frowning as she saw there was just one piece left. Though said frown soon turned back to a smile as she plopped it into her mouth. "Anyways, I'll admit that I'll eat just about anything and like it, but this sushi has been beyond delicious. The chef really knows their stuff."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

The Dark Hour

Post by TyDie » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:12 pm

Aiya waved her hand dismissively as the girl made such a formal apology about her prying. She had no issues telling people about the speed with which the Ibakuro aged, it was pretty well known among the other clans of the village and no one else's opinion really mattered in regards to it. Plus, it wouldn't really change anything even if they did raise issue about it. "Ha, Don't worry about it Kureha, you've got nothing to apologize for. It's just how my clan functions, it's not really a secret or anything. Actually, it caused quite a stir with the other clans from what I understand, because our clan has grown quite rapidly as a result of the gene transfers and the fast aging. Traditionalists, like the Hyuuga, aren't fans. But... It's not like we can really change it, you know? They basically dislike us for something that's beyond our control."

She tried to act like it didn't bother her, but in reality it kind of did. She and her clan were judged for things that they had no input on, things that they couldn't control about themselves. But, people would always look for a reason to judge if they really wanted it, and the Hyuuga in general were known for being uppity. There were outliers, like Takeshi, who saw Aiya and her clan for what they truly were, but those were exceptions.

Kureha turned back to her sushi and Aiya couldn't help but chuckle, crossing her arms with a smug look of pride as she complimented the sushi. "Heh, the chef is me Kureha. Thank you." She looked away shyly for a second, pleased but bashful about Kureha's praise. "Come by anytime you're looking for a bite, I'll be happy to make you more. Unfortunately, Sushi is about all I know right now, haha." Aiya would finally rise from the couch and go to a nearby closet, retrieving a couple of blankets and a spare pillow from it before heading to her bedroom and setting them up into a small sleeping space by her bed.

As she returned, she'd smile at the girl as she worked on the food set out for her, but deep down she couldn't help but feel sorry for what she was going through. "Kureha... I'm sorry that you're going through this right now. I can't begin to understand how tough it must be, but I'm here for you, whatever you need. I just want you to know that..."
Active Characters

Kabu

The Dark Hour

Post by Kabu » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:37 pm

Kureha couldn't help but gasp in surprise and delight at the revelation Aiya herself had been the one to prepare such a wonderful meal, eyes sparkling as she very briefly clasped her friend's hands in her own. "Being able to do even that much is amazing, Aiya. All I can really do myself right now is eat but with my appetite it's a blessing to have a friend that can prepare a meal. I'll definitely be looking towards you when I'm in the mood for more." she said, sporting a cheeky, teasing grin as she spoke.

Soon she found herself momentarily alone, Aiya having left to set up a sleeping space for her, and she let out a sigh. She was feeling loads better than when she had come in but in all honesty she was feeling just a tad overwhelmed by all the various emotions and feelings she had ran through in a relatively short time frame. It was a lot to take in, and left her with a lot to think about.. concerning her past, present, and most importantly her future.

After a few brief minutes, Aiya returned, seeming to have read her mind in the process. It really did make her happy to have such a helpful, thoughtful friend.

"Thank you. It's a lot to take in and processing everything is a little overwhelming right now but I'll be okay, especially with a friend like you by my side. And who knows what the future holds... I can't go back there, but aside from that.. anything could happen. And honestly, I'm excited for us to see what the future holds, together and with any other friends that may cross our paths."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

The Dark Hour

Post by TyDie » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:32 pm

Aiya smiled sadly at Kureha as she responded... She knew the young girl was in pain, but she was still so tough in her mind for being able to put up with it at all. Not many could handle the trauma that she had no doubt had to endure at her home, and that's what it was - Trauma. Domestic issues always hurt more than the involved parties, especially when children were involved. "You're a lot stronger than you think, Kureha. I'm proud of you, I want you to know that. And you can stay here for as long as you need to. I'm sure my parents won't mind helping out another shinobi." She concluded with a much warmer smile, resting a hand on Kureha's shoulder as she nodded to the food.

"Go ahead and finish up eating though. Then maybe we'll stay up and chat for a bit while your food digests. Sleeping on a full stomach is bad for you after all." She laughed light heartedly, giving a wink to the girl before leaning back and letting her finish what was left of the food. Once she did so, she'd then take the remains of the tray to the kitchen to be cleaned off tomorrow morning before walking down the hall towards her room. "Come on then, let's migrate to my room now. We can get you into something a little better suited for sleeping. I don't imagine those will be very comfortable, haha."

She gestured to the girl's clothes, making clear she could arrange a decent replacement for her so that she could sleep more comfortably.
Active Characters

Kabu

The Dark Hour

Post by Kabu » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:55 am

Kureha tilted her head, at first confused as to what Aiya was referring to, though soon her eyes lit up with realization and she couldn't help a giggle as she looked down at herself. "That would be nice, these clothes really aren't practical for sleeping." she spoke between bites as she finished up the last of her food, licking her lips once her plate had been fully cleaned. ""That meal was delicious. I'll be bugging you to make it again in the future." she added with a sudden yawn and a stretch. She had been growing up a lot as of late, and depending on the future would be forced to grow up even further, but even without the troubles that had occurred earlier it had been a very long day and she was still a young girl that needed her sleep.

And with that she stood, stretching once more. "My belly is feeling quite satisfied now, so let's go. The sleepover awaits!" she said with a cheeky grin, following behind Aiya as she led the way towards their temporarily shared bedroom, Roku meanwhile already fast asleep in the little nest he had made of her hair.

All the while a single thought had been running rampant through her mind, unspoken but being considered all the same. I think I already know my decision... she thought to herself as she increased her pace to walk side by side with her friend.

Yes, such a monumental decision would likely mean even more trouble lay on the horizon but she was certain that she could handle it, especially as she wasn't alone, she would never be alone again... And really that was just the way she preferred it.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”