Surprise Appearance

Kabu/Kat

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:43 pm

"Why does nobody ever tell me anything? I bet they all knew so why keep it from me?" Masami grumbled, very visibly annoyed as she made her way to see an old friend whom happened to be visiting. Earlier that morning she had received a visit from one of her old students, Yamanaka Inokara, the young woman giddily telling her Souta was in town and living above the tea house that she waitressed at. Though of course before Masami could ask her to repeat herself she was gone, having ran off to pay a visit to a friend of her own.

And so, at first baffled but growing increasingly annoyed at having been left in the dark, she had set out. She well knew the tea house in question, having come by numerous times in the past, and so it didn't take her long to arrive. Standing outside she let out a sigh taking a moment to calm herself. Upon entering she immediately went off to find the owner and then towards Souta's place upon receiving directions.

As she arrived at her final destination she knocked this time without hesitation. "Souta, I know you're in there! Why didn't you at least tell me you were coming?!"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:12 am

Souta was sitting in his small living room with a cup of coffee when he heard the knock at the door. He couldn't help chuckling to himself as he heard what she said, shaking his head as he set down his cup and made his way to the door. He was wearing only a pair of black sweatpants since he had just taken a shower not that long ago, his hair still a bit wet even. He thought about grabbing a shirt or a jacket, especially given his recent changes in his appearance. But as he heard her calling at the door he felt a wicked grin spread across his face and instead went straight for the door. "Sorry, Masami." he called as he got to the door and started to unlock it. "I was going to come by sooner but there was a complication." he added, just as he swung the door open.

He opened the door with a smile, sighing as he crossed his arms over his chest and looked at her, continuing as if she wasn't about to be shocked by what she was certainly seeing right now. "My trip here was pretty short notice, pretty sure I barely beat the letter to the Hokage himself. But yeah, I had plans to come by and see you sooner, once I was settled in here, but things went a little haywire the other day... I woke up feeling a little too spry."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:32 am

"Uh huh, you could have at least sent a message. I had to learn the news from an old student and..." she trailed off as the door opened, falling silent as she stared at the man in front of her. She barely even registered the words he spoke to her. This was a man around her own age... a red haired, chiseled, hunky man of her own age. She wasn't sure what to say, though even if she did, she had been rendered speechless. This was Souta? Had something happened? Had the old man thing been a trick?

I.. Souta, what happened? Why are you so handsome... I.. I mean young. Not that you don't look good.. I mean... why do you always have to surprise me like this?!" she somehow spoke as coherent thought returned to her, pouting and blushing at her own words. This was his fault... surprising her like this. Maybe he did hate her after all, always doing this kind of think

"Does anyone else know about this?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:51 am

Souta was grinning from ear to ear, leaning against the inside of the door frame as he waited for Masami to find her words again. Of course, he couldn't help chuckling at her as she struggled to talk and finally came to a question. "Only a couple people have seen me so far." he admitted. "I haven't even been back to work downstairs yet." he added, motioning to Masami as he stepped out of the doorway. "Why don't you come on in?" he led the way into the apartment. Directly inside was the living room with a simple couch and two chairs with a coffee table between them. To the left was an open plan kitchen and to the right was a small hallway which led to the bathroom and two bedrooms.

Souta went ahead to the kitchen to pour a second cup of coffee and offered it to Masami before sitting down on the couch where his first was already still waiting for him. "Apparently I've been exposed to certain jutsu types too much and it set back the clock on me. It finally took effect on me after I arrived. I've seen the medics already and they say I'm healthy as a horse, no ill effects. Just... a bit of a shock." Souta shrugged as he sipped his coffee, looking at Masami for a moment with a slight smirk. "The look on your face when I opened the door though..."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:41 am

Masami was still pouting and blushing as he led her inside, legs crossed as she took a seat on the couch. He was very clearly enjoying this, though in a way it was a bit of a relief. It gave her certainty that this really was Souta and that he hadn't changed too much since they had last met... Well, aside from the drastic shift in appearance.

Nonetheless she accepted the coffee and listened to him speak, question marks practically floating around her head as he explained what had happened to him. It sounded crazy, insane even... But the evidence was right in front of her and she was no stranger to bodily alterations. "Set back the clock..? I would normally have thought you were crazy but... well, you know." she twitched her ears as she spoke, as if to prove a point. Then of course he had to bring up the dumb look she must have inevitably had upon laying eyes on him.

"You just love picking on me. You're still such a bully." she pouted, cheeks puffed up as she set her cup down and hugged him, resting her head against his chest.

"I'm happy to see you though. I missed you."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:54 am

Of course Souta couldn't help chuckling as she called him a bully again, puffing her cheeks out at him as she always did. Though the hug came as a surprise. He returned the gesture, hugging her back and keeping an arm around her after to hold her gently against him. "I missed you too." he admitted, looking down at her for a moment before leaning forward and kissing her against the forehead. Of course he couldn't resist bringing up a free hand to gently stroke one of her ears for a moment with a smile. "You know I'm actually here for a few months probably." he told her. "The Kazekage pretty much insisted I take time away from Suna for a little while and travel... I thought I'd start here."

As he spoke, it seemed that someone else woke up and a moment later there was a speeding blur of fur racing through the apartment from one of the back bedrooms as Hana started her morning zoomies. She took off and raced across the pair and into the kitchen and back again, earning a hearty laugh from Souta himself. "Good grief that girl..."

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:09 am

"Then I suppose we'll be getting plenty of time together. You owe me for just leaving without saying goodbye last time you were here." she responded to his comments, teasingly sticking out her tongue. Truthfully while she was overjoyed at the prospect of Souta sticking around for a while she was a bit concerned with the bit about him taking time away from Suna? She hoped she was wrong but she had a feeling that this wasn't any ordinary vacation. Why did she have a feeling that something had gone horribly wrong? ...And she wasn't sure if it would really be appropriate to ask him about it.

Luckily or perhaps not, a blur of fur at that moment ran across them, Masami giggling as she turned to watch the furball run around. That was certainly one way to improve her mood.

Sticking a pair of fingers to her lips she whistled, hoping to get the fox's attention. "Hana! C'mere girl! I missed you!" she sweetly called out, her attitude noticeably different than it had been earlier with Souta. She had a great love for nature and all animals but had grown especially fond of Hana during the time they had spent together.

"Good to see that she's still full of energy."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:01 pm

Souta laughed as he watched Masami's excitement over seeing Hana race around. As Masami whistled for the fox, Hana suddenly started spinning in circles but raced over to Masami and jumped up in the woman's arms to start feverishly trying to lick her face. Souta of course just started laughing all the harder at what he saw, shaking his head as he leaned back in his chair. "Yeah, she always has been." he admitted, shaking his head.

"I admit, I was going to ask you a question about her actually..." he said, shrugging as he reached over to pet one of Hana's ears as well before grinning. When he was done with one of Hana's ears, he reached out to one of Masami's and started petting it instead with a smirk on his face. "I've been planning to travel for awhile after I spend a few months here, but traveling doesn't really work with Hana. I was hoping you might be willing to keep an eye on her for awhile...."

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:16 am

"Hana, it's good to see you too but that tickles! I swear, you're like a rascally puppy sometimes!" Masami happily laughed as Hana licked her face. It was a small comfort amongst her uncertainty but it was a comfort nonetheless. She didn't even mind that Souta appeared to be laughing at her again.

"Hmm?" she looked towards Souta, absentmindedly scratching one of Hana's ears as he mentioned having a question for her. Based on the circumstances she had an idea but she let him speak nonetheless. And he confirmed her suspicions, the woman smiling as she looked down at the fox in her arms.

"Of course I will, that's a silly question. I know from experience how difficult traveling with a hyperactive animal can be, and that was just within the same country. And I absolutely love Hana. I have an old student who might enjoy her presence as well." she responded, ears happily twitching from the scratches they were receiving.

She had to admit she was very curious though... and she wasn't sure how much longer she could bear not knowing.

"But what's with the traveling? Why now, of all times?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:24 am

Of course he couldn't help a laugh and a few more chuckles as he watched Hana and Masami interact. The little fox was his joy in a lot of ways and watching Masami with her just put a smile on his face like he hadn't had in a very long time. "Sometimes I wonder if she'd be happier if I left her here with you permanently." he admitted with a bit of a grin. "Konoha seems like a better place than a desert for her kind, but I think she'd miss stealing my sushi when I cook." he added, shaking his head. He continued petting Masami's ear, especially as she hadn't told him not to as of yet.

But when she asked him that quest, he stopped almost immediately. Absentmindedly his hands came to rest in his lap. It hadn't really occurred to him that Masami wouldn't know, he hadn't thought about it. He sat up and leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees for a moment as he looked down at the floor. "Sakaki, my daughter, is dead." he finally told her. "She died during the war... kinda fell out of my duties and into a bottle for awhile... the Kazekage more or less ordered me into some time off and away from the village for a little while. She said I need to decide if I'm officially retiring or not, but either way, she wants me to take time away and get my head on straight." His jaw set in a hard line for a moment. As he talked about it, he almost felt like he was listening to someone else talk about it. It still didn't feel real, but it was.

It was his new reality. How he hated it.

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:46 am

At first Masami simply blinked in stunned silence, working to process the news. Sakaki was dead? Had she lost control or had she simply been struck down? She hadn't gotten to know the girl very well but... still it was a lot to take in. What did she even say at a time like this? What did you say to a man grieving the loss of his child?

"I'm sorry, I had no idea." Masami set Hana onto the floor, leaning over to wrap Souta in a gentle hug, unable to stop the tears that began to flow. She had never been very good at properly expressing herself but she absolutely felt sad... for Sakaki, for Suna, and most of all for Souta himself. "You know, I actually met Sakaki once while visiting Suna, became friends even. She was a very good girl." she added, falling silent as she rested her head against his chest, contemplating what to say next.

"Hehe, I'm not very good at this. But Kiyori is right. You do need to take this time to get your head on straight and please don't do anything rash. For yourself, for the village..." she paused, slightly blushing at her thoughts.

"And for me as well..."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:00 am

Souta didn't move at first as Masami went to hug him. It was still hard for him to process the loss, and all he could do was nod. After a moment he lifted an arm to let her hug him closer, and to put it around her as well to partially return the hug and pull her closer to him. "She was." he said quietly, chuckling to himself for a moment. "Though she had her moments... the day we found out she was actually my daughter, it was the genma that told her you know? Had convinced her that I must've known all along and abandoned her, lied to her. She tried to kill me." He leaned back a moment and lifted up his shirt, revealing the scar in the middle of his chest where Sakaki had stabbed him with a kunai. "I was so stunned by the information I didn't even react... thankfully one of her other guardians is a medic, and a pretty damn good one."

He lowered his shirt and put his arm back around Masami, sighing quietly as he looked at her a moment and nodded. "Don't worry, I don't plan on doing anything stupid, Masami." he assured her, leaning forward to kiss her on the forehead. "I just plan on cooking sushi here for awhile, maybe travel around a bit more before I head back to Suna."

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:25 am

"I've had... my own moments, though I'm definitely not proud of it. The genma can often be very convincing during moments of weakness." Masami admitted, keeping one arm wrapped around Souta as the other briefly ran over his scar. Who knew that a little girl could be capable of inflicting such a gruesome wound. The genma really were terrifying creatures. "I'm sure she regretted her actions once the genma's influence wore off and she calmed down. You sure were lucky to have a medic on standby though, doubly so that they happened to be a guardian." she continued, clearly speaking from experience, though she would be loath to admit it.

"I'll hold you to that as a promise." she sighed in relief at his assurance that he wouldn't do anything stupid, falling silent and taking the moment to enjoy their current closeness. It was at that moment however that she felt him kiss her forehead, a furious blush coming to her face.

"Wh.. what was that for? Though I didn't hate it..." she pouted, her voice gradually growing quieter as she spoke. Really now... Why did he have to do things like that?
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:35 am

Souta smiled as Masami commented about Kaede's presence, realizing she probably didn't know the compliment she was paying him. "I lead her team." he admitted. "I chose them, trained them. While Kaede healed me, another, Rokuro, took control of her. It wasn't Sakaki's fault, she broke into a new form in the heat of the emotion of it all... it was a dangerous situation. But Rokuro was equipped enough to get her back under control while I was down. It might have been a close call, but they all did their jobs and did them well. Honestly I was proud... it took awhile for her and I to patch things up but we did." He sighed heavily, but all in all the story was one of his happiest in spite of everything that happened during it. And in spite of the scar.

Of course moments later he had Masami all flustered and the man couldn't help a chuckle as he looked at Masami. "Sorry... did I cross a line again?" he asked, looking genuinely concerned for a moment as he reached out and caressed her cheek briefly. "Last time you said something like that was when I pet one of your ears without permission and as I recall you were pretty pissed at me for a bit..." He pulled his hand away and rest his arm on the back of the couch instead, both hands away from her and simply looking at her for a moment. "I was just trying to be reassuring, I'm sorry."

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:00 am

"It's okay, really, I'm sorry. I'm... just, I have trouble expressing myself and I'm not good at dealing with surprises. I never know how to properly react." Masami was suddenly feeling embarrassed and even a bit shy, nervously rubbing her arm as she looked off to the side. Of course he had been trying to be reassuring but...

"And I didn't hate it. It was actually quite nice." she admitted, this time out loud, her heart rapidly beating all the while. It was really embarrassing but over time her feelings were becoming gradually more clear. When had it started? She knew it to be a very long time ago but she couldn't be sure of when. But could she bring herself to do it, to admit everything? After everything he had been through, with her being a Jinchuuriki as Sakaki had been? With them essentially even being from different worlds?

This may be quite unwise. Aturasu spoke to her suddenly, though she didn't bother to respond. He was right, of course, but she had to do it now if she was ever going to. She very well knew the risks but she knew she might never get another chance.

And so she turned to look directly towards Souta, mentally and emotionally preparing herself for one of the hardest things she had ever done. It was nerve wracking but...

"Souta, I'm sorry if this a bad time but this needs to be said. I.. I.. I like you. A lot." she nervously stammered, all the while resisting the urge to run out the door in a mix of nerves, embarrassment, and most of all gut wrenching fear.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:13 pm

Souta was a little confused, watching Masami for a moment but smiling. He found her embarrassment a little cute, but he also noticed she seemed a bit more embarrassed than usual. He felt like he could tell something was bothering her, and in an effort to try and help her relax a bit he reached out to stroke one of her ears again. Though as she confessed having feelings for him he paused for a moment. If he were able to hear the Genma in her head at the moment, he might've agreed with Aturasu's observation. Souta had been a guardian of hosts for years, he knew the risks probably better than anyone. But more than that, he had been a parent to one whom he had just lost not so long ago and was in charge of them in Suna. In addition she was a Konoha jinch, he was a Suna shinobi. The two villages might be allies but they were still different villages. Both of them being shinobi of different villages could be seen as complicated enough, technically she was a living weapon for hers.

His mind could go around in circles for hours on all the reasons why feelings between them was a bad idea. Flirting had been harmless enough, and though he did genuinely like her as well he had always assumed his age stood between them well enough to keep them apart. His hand drifted down from her ear to her cheek again as he sighed and smiled.

He meant to say something about it all, but instead he found himself suddenly leaning forward to kiss Masami. 'Did this whole age-down make me just as impulsive as I used to be too?' he thought to himself.

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:59 pm

You are quite reckless, child. I see now you will not heed my words. Aturasu sighed, Masami again choosing to ignore him, focused as she was on her confession. She couldn't believe she had actually said it. There were too many reasons why she shouldn't have but she had, and she couldn't take it back, unless this was a dream or the like.

She did feel bad and a bit worried however as she watched Souta for a reaction, the man looking as if trying to process her confession. Normally she might have found some pleasure in having turned the tables but in this moment she couldn't help but worry. What was running through his mind? Shock maybe? Maybe he was simply working out how to reject her or tease her.. Maybe there was even a chance that he liked her too and there was a way to make this work.

Yeah, right. He would never.. there are much better women and far too many obstacles. I'm a Jinchuuriki, we're from different villages, and surely he would prefer someone his own age. she thought to herself, beginning to wish she had listened to Aturasu and kept her mouth shut. She had felt in the moment as if she had no other choice but now she felt maybe she had been too hasty.

That in mind she opened her mouth to speak, to apologize and ask for forgiveness, but instead her eyes grew wide as she found herself in the midst of a kiss, eagerly returning it even despite the surprise it brought.

It lasted for several moments, Masami simply staring at Souta in momentarily stunned silence as they pulled apart. She had very much enjoyed it but her mind had been left reeling. "I.. Souta, what? Why?" she asked as her thought process began to recover, a million other questions racing through her mind.

Yet despite it all she couldn't help a small, shy smile. I um... it was good."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:17 pm

Of course as the kiss came to a stop, Masami's reaction caused Souta to chuckle a bit. He stroked her cheek a moment, bringing his thumb across her lips briefly as if to quiet her as he smiled at her. "Clearly I like you too, Masami. A lot." he told her, grinning a bit as he purposely used her own phrasing and shook his head at her briefly. "I'm not going to lie, it's probably a stupid idea. We're from different villages, even if they are close allies. We're shinobi. On top of that you're a genma host for your village and I'm a trained handler and guardian for mine...." Souta took a deep breath and sighed, looking at her for a moment as he realized there was a part she probably didn't know either. "And you may not know it, but it's not even that simple for my role anymore. I'm the authority on the matter for my village now. I'm supposed to know everything about our spirits, right down to choosing and sealing new hosts if necessary... so there are a lot of reasons why this is probably a bad idea."

Souta swallowed hard but still looked at her with a small smile for a moment. "But if there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's just to accept happiness as it comes. If the most happiness I get with you is some flirting and that one kiss, I accept that. If there's more to be had..." he simply smiled at her, reaching up to stroke her cheek once more. "I don't care how short or how long the time is. Any amount of happiness is worth it, I won't waste it or take it for granted."

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:10 pm

Masami was shocked as she listened to Souta speak, for a good number of reasons. She hadn't at all expected him to to like her back, she definitely hadn't expected him to have such absolute authority of Suna's hosts but more importantly she never would have thought he could be quite so sappy. Not that she minded, she actually quite liked it in fact. It was a new side of him that if not for their mutual feelings she may have never gotten to witness.

"I know it's a bad idea, horribly stupid even, trust me. Even if I didn't, Aturasu wouldn't let me forget. He's even been pouting that I ignored him. I swear, sometimes he's like an overprotective parent." she began to respond, rolling her eyes at the annoyed grumbles within the depths of her mind. She would make sure to apologize to the beast later.

"But I don't care about the difficulties, we can work past them. I finally found someone I want to be with and I want to do all I can to make it work. I've worked too hard to deny myself this happiness." she continued, smiling and reaching up to grasp the hand resting on her cheek as she spoke. She truly was happy in this moment but still worries ate away at her.

She couldn't help but let out a sigh, her grip growing tighter as if worried he would want to distance himself. "I'm truly happy to be your girlfriend if you're really willing to have me, but it's just, why me? I'm awkward and not very good at expressing myself. I lack confidence and I let my emotions get the better of me and I'm not womanly at all. I loath skirts and I would much rather spend time secluded in the woods than be surrounded by people."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:50 am

Souta couldn't help a small laugh as Masami mentioned Aturasu's feelings on the matter. "I'd offer to talk to him but I doubt that'd help." he admitted. "Spirits tend to be stubborn in my experience, they really don't like anyone involved in the lives of their hosts, at least not romantically... I'm guessing I'm exactly the kind of person he'd hate." He looked at Masami for a moment as a sad expression crossed his face, a realization and a bad memory even as he pulled his hand away from hers.

"I want you in my life like that Masami, but you should know everything first." He got up for a moment and started pacing, resting his hands in his pockets for a moment before he turned to look at her for a moment. "You know I've been a genma guardian. You probably know the hosts I've worked with in the past were Shishire's and Janesisu's specifically.... but what you don't know is I've had to kill Shishire's host in the past." He hated telling her any of this, to the point that it made him sick to his stomach. "To this day, Shishire always warns his new host that the guardians are their 'would-be murderers'. Henrin Sachiko was our Kazekage's little sister and she was only fourteen when I killed her. But she wasn't herself anymore when it happened... Shishire had completely husked her, she was gone and I..." Souta swallowed hard, shaking his head before looking down at the ground.

"I've done shit I hate myself for. Shit you should hate me for, Masami, shit that Aturasu will likely hate me for." He forced himself to lift his head however and looked at her for a moment, almost holding his breath. "But I care about you a great deal, and I do understand better than most that you two are a packaged deal. You're equally separate but being with you also means learning to understand him as well and I'm willing to do that. If you want to be with me in spite of what I've had to do in my past... I still want to be with you."

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:56 pm

Masami had to admit, she was more than a little shocked at Souta's admittances, but she was more shocked that he thought it would change anything."Souta, I've been a host for ten years. I've heard it all regarding a guardian's duty and the things that they have to do, from Aturasu and from others. And I'm well aware that Shishire is an asshole." she sighed, a small smile on her face as she got up and walked over to where Souta was currently pacing. Frankly it hurt her a little to see him like this. "You were only doing your job, you saved her from an eternity of torment. I admit I'm really not happy to hear that you murdered a child, but I can't hate you for doing your job, even if the genma do, if other hosts do." she said, doing her best to wrap her arms around him in a hug.

She was speaking honestly, but it did make her wonder... If things had gone any differently over the last ten years, who may have done the deed and would they be feeling this same amount of pain and regret? It was honestly a scary thought, but it didn't change her feelings.

"I do want to be with you. I'm upset about Sachiko but I think I'm most upset that you would ever doubt my feelings. And you mister, need to let go of this! You can't keep beating yourself up over it forever." she pouted up at him, standing on her tiptoes as she freed one of her arms and moved to smack him on the chest as hard as she could given the difference in heigt. "And I do want you and Aturasu to understand one another. He's really not that bad once you get to know him."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:12 pm

Oddly enough his story about Sachiko wasn't done, but Souta left it unfinished for the moment as Masami spoke. He meant to tell her the rest later. He felt the most important part was that she knew what he did, what he'd had to do as a part of his duties. He accepted her hug happily, his arms around her and even leaning down far enough to kiss her on top of the head. Though as she thumped him on the chest he couldn't help a laugh. "Believe me, I'm trying to let go of it, it's hard to let go of the memories though... even if I have been forgiven for it." he told her, grinning down at her as the rest of the story came to mind. "The most awkward part of dealing with Shishire... years later, Sakaki wanted to see where Sachiko died so I took here there and she found Sachiko's body preserved due to a problem in the area. She raised her. It's... well frankly it's creepy. She's alive in a sense, a living corpse. So I've spoken to the very host I had to kill... and she forgave me for what I did. But it's still a hard thing to forget."

Souta looked down at Masami for a moment as he thought over everything and simply smiled. "Eveything involved I can't guarantee we'll be happy forever, or ever after, but I'll do what I can to make you happy for as long as I can." he finally told her. "I'm not one of your guardians, and I'll never try to be." Suddenly a mischievous smirk spread across Souta's lips however and he brought his hands down to suddenly scoop Masami up under her thighs, bringing her up in his arms to hold her against him. His arms were under her backside, holding her legs on either side of him, keeping her nose to nose with him as he held her like this with a grin on his face.

"You know... I bet this makes him grumpy though." he said. "I almost want to hear it for myself." he admitted as he carefully formed hand seals under her, causing a maroon huge to swirl around his hands for a moment as he grinned at her, bringing one hand up to touch her on the forehead, keeping one under her to hold her.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Shizumeru • [Voice of Spirits]
C-rank Tenkujutsu (Nin)
After performing the needed hand seals and focusing chakra into their hand, the user places their hand on the head of a Spirit host, or on the object containing a spirit. This allows them to speak directly to the spirit in a telepathic link.

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:16 pm

Masami blinked in stunned silence at the news Sachiko was sort of alive, the woman able to sense that for once not even Aturasu knew what to say. From what she knew of spirits, this was a very strange situation. And a little freaky if she was to be totally honest, but she did her best to not let it show "How is that even possible? I know the Soul Genma can resurrect the dead but it can even bring back a husk? I'm glad though that she was able to forgive you, but is she..okay? I mean like, is she fully... herself?" she spoke, despite her best efforts very clearly feeling conflicted on if she should be happy or not that the girl was alive... in a sense.

"No worries, a long time ago I learned that eternal happiness isn't realistic. We just need to work through the time we do have, here and now." she responded to Souta's sudden remarks, feeling glad for the distraction. Though she frowned as he suddenly smirked, having a bad feeling that would soon be proven true as he suddenly scooped her up, causing her to let out a squeal as she left the ground, blushing furiously as she found herself on eye level with him for the very first time. He really did have a way of ruining the moment. "Ooohhh, why did I have to fall for a bully? I think I need better taste in men." she pouted, though it soon made way for a more surprised look as he brought up a glowing hand to touch her forehead.

"Stupid girl, ignoring my warnings. Quite unwise indeed." Aturasu could be heard grumbling to himself in the far reaches of her mind, though he stopped as he sensed a sudden intrusion. "Guardian, you and I have nothing to speak of. You know as well as I that this is reckless and foolish."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:33 pm

"She's herself but... I mean she doesn't really have life. Her body is still a corpse. Cold. She doesn't breathe or eat. She won't age. But it's her soul... she's a zombie more or less. It's really strange." The whole situation still made Souta uncomfortable, but it was a choice made between Sakaki, Sachiko, and Kiyori. It wasn't a decision that was his to weigh in on at all at this point. And if she ever changed her mind, there would likely be a Soul Host to change it for her.

Of course as she called him a bully, Souta couldn't help a laugh before kissing her on the nose quickly. "I don't think you'd like me as much if I wasn't." he teased, grinning. Of course, Aturasu's words only made him laugh again as he held Masami. "Foolish I might give you, but it's only reckless if I was her guardian, which I'm not." he replied. "I'd say I would go further to protect her than any guardians she might have... their concern is the village first after all, mine isn't. You'll realize eventually you have less to worry about from me than you do from them." Souta sighed a moment, looking Masami in the eyes as a small smile crept across his face. "That's a trust I'll earn eventually... and I think that's the first time I've ever told a Genma that."

With that he ended the jutsu and the maroon glow dissipated before he started walking back over to the couch with Masami still in his arms. He sat down slowly and let go of her, if she wanted to move off of his lap she could, unless she wanted to stay on his lap and practically straddling him as he looked up at her. He reached up a hand to touch her cheek again, this time his hand slipping back into her hair to pull her gently into a kiss.

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:19 pm

"Hmph, we shall see." Aturasu said simply, Masami herself simply giggling as the jutsu came to an end. "He's just grouchy that I ignored him. He'll come to terms with us if you keep working at it. And I'm very happy that you're willing to try and earn his trust. Not many would go that far." she spoke, happily humming as he walked back over to the couch with her in tow.

She couldn't help but blush as he sat down with her on his lap and for a brief moment she did consider moving but ultimately stayed put, finding it made her feel safe and comfortable. She did realize she was practically straddling him but as he pulled her into a kiss she didn't particularly mind. That fact, in combination with the kiss did however bring certain thoughts to mind, a blush creeping onto her cheeks as they kissed.

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of that. I could go forever maybe." she spoke as they pulled apart, a smile on her face. Right now she was happy as could be, even if she was a bit ashamed of herself. Surely it was too early for such things... and it was embarrassing to think about. She did briefly consider talking to Souta about it but concluded he would just end up teasing her.

Ah jeez, why am I like this? she thought to herself.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:49 pm

Souta shrugged lightly as Masami mentioned his willingness to earn the spirit's trust. "Most have a bad habit of seeing the spirits as wholly separate or temporary. I'm not sure if I'd call it a benefit of what I know but... I know that they're neither. You'll likely never be without Aturasu. And while he might be a separate entity he isn't exactly separate from you. If I want to be with you, I can't be at odds with him, at least not entirely. In the same vein he'll realize that if I become a fixture in your life, being on my good side means being on yours. It'll just take time to reach an understanding between us." Spirits were always seen as such complicated creatures, but in reality they were pretty simple, at least as simple as people were as far as Souta was concerned.

When the pair finally pulled apart from their kiss, Souta couldn't help a contented sigh. One of his hands was still in her hair, toying with it as he wrapped her locks around his fingers and let it slip through his fingers time and again with a smile on his face. His other hand was on her thigh, his thumb moving back and forth slowly as he smiled up at her. "I know what you mean." he admitted quietly. He hadn't been with anyone in a while he realized, not since the time he'd spent with Sakaki's foster mother which was years ago now. The moment he'd realized Sakaki was his daughter his life had taken on a different focus. His role as a father had fulfilled him enough he didn't feel a need for romantic companionship to fill any void in his life anymore.

Yet the loss of Sakaki had left that void again. But sitting here with Masami in his arms he felt at peace for the first time in a long time. As he looked up at her he noticed the blush on her cheeks. A smirk crept to his lips again. His hand left her thigh to briefly touch that blush on each cheek, one at a time, before both of his hands had crept behind her head to bury in her hair and pull her into another kiss. This one much deeper and more passionate than the one before. He held it for several moments before finally breaking the kiss to catch his breath and simply smile at her. "...yeah that's on my mind too." he finally admitted with a bit of a laugh. "Not yet though. The if and when on that one are up to you, Masami just... saw that look and had to kiss you again at least." he added, chuckling a little at his own moment of embarrassment.

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Masami's eyes briefly grew wide in surprise but soon closed as Souta drew her into their longest, most passionate kiss yet. She truly didn't want it to end but after several moments they pulled apart, leaving her pouting in disappointment, though it soon made way for a smile, the blush on her cheeks deepening at Souta's implications. "It's too soon but I'll be sure to let you know, one way or another." she quietly responded, embarrassed but a little happy to know he felt similarly, and that he was willing to wait for her.

With a contended sigh she finally relaxed, resting her head against Souta's chest. She couldn't remember the last time she had felt quite this much joy, this much happiness, but she was determined to make the most of it. She was so glad that she had come here today, ups and downs and all. "I'll have to remember to thank Kara later. She was so excited to tell me you were in town, giddy even. She's always been good at reading people and I think she may have known." she spoke, gasping as she remembered something else she had learned. "She also told me that you're quite good with Sushi. Mind showing me those skills?" she sweetly asked, an equally sweet smile on her face as she looked up at him.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:39 pm

Souta nodded as Masami called it too soon. In all honestly, the logical side of his mind agreed. As much flirting as they'd done, the last time they'd seen one another he hadn't even gotten a chance to say goodbye to her before they'd left Konoha. He hadn't earned enough trust from her as a boyfriend in that regard. '...boyfriend. That's an odd thought. I almost feel too old for the word.' As she rest her head on his chest he simply rest his arms around her to hold her, leaning his head back and relaxing. He sighed, completely content to simply hold her like this for the moment. Of course the mention of Inokara made him chuckle. "She was pretty excitable when I mentioned knowing you the other day." he admitted.

Of course Masami mentioned the sushi then and Souta laughed. It seemed to be the one thing everyone wanted from him, not that he necessarily blamed them. "I could do that." he said, grinning down at her. "But that would require letting go of you and you having to let me up, you sure you want that?"

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:54 pm

Masami tilted her head at Souta's response to her sushi request, frowning all the while. Clearly he was teasing her but he also had a point. It was a dilemma, a real pickle as it were. "I am comfy, but I'm also getting a bit hungry and I do love sushi. What to do?" she pursed her lips, tapping a finger against them as she appeared to be thinking it over. Of course in the end it was a sudden rumbling of her stomach that made the decision for her, Masami letting out a frustrated groan, blushing all the while.

"Well, it seems my choice has been made for me." she pouted, though it was only a brief moment before she sighed, a small smile on her face. As much as she hated to get up from her current seat, doing so would come with one benefit. "Oh well, my boyfriend gets to serve me lunch so I suppose it's a fair trade, for now."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Willoria

Surprise Appearance

Post by Willoria » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:12 pm

Souta outright laughed as Masami's stomach growled and nodded as she mentioned her choice being made for her. "I'd say you're right, clearly you have no choice." he replied, suddenly sitting up and wrapping one arm around her waist. But rather than moving her off of him, he suddenly turned and put her on her back on the couch and followed her with the motion. She would suddenly find herself on her back on the couch and underneath him as he grinned down at her. Without giving her a chance to recover he suddenly leaned in and kissed her deeply before he finally let her go and got up, leaving her on the couch as he chuckled and walked away. '...even if I am a bit hungry for something else.' he found himself thinking, shaking his head at himself as he went to the kitchen.

Before long he set to work to make the both of them lunch, taking a few deep breaths to steady his own thoughts even as he stole glances at Masami and grinned every time he caught her eye. 'You might have the body and libido of a young man again, Souta... but you are still a dirty old bastard...' he thought to himself.

Kabu

Surprise Appearance

Post by Kabu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:20 pm

Masami let out a surprised squeak as she found herself on her back, Souta leaning over her and her heart suddenly racing. She simply stared up at him, barely even processing what was happening as he suddenly kissed her again. Nonetheless she wrapped her arms around him to pull him closer, finding herself returning the kiss almost as if on instinct, panting as they pulled apart and Souta got up. For a moment she simply laid there, some part of her feeling disappointed it had stopped there and yet another still trying to process what had just happened. He really did have a way of surprising her at every turn but that had been especially daring, even for him.

"If that had lasted a moment longer..." she thought to herself, looking over towards the kitchen and blushing as their eyes met. It was very clear what the result would have been... And she very well may have let it happen. She wasn't fully prepared but she knew that that wouldn't have stopped her had it gotten to that point.

She let out a quiet sigh, a small smile on her face as she sat up and watched Souta at work in the kitchen. All things considered... in this moment she was really, truly happy. Finally a man had stolen her heart... And perhaps more should the time come... she thought to herself, frowning and deeply blushing at the thought.

At that she let out another sigh, wondering when she had become this kind of woman. Of course she knew the answer. Souta you dirty old man.. Why do you do this to me? You frustrate me, surprise me, and even make me mad... but I wouldn't have it any other way. Happiness may not last forever but I'm determined, determined to make ours last for hopefully a very long time.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”