Son in the Shadows

TheLacarix

Son in the Shadows

Post by TheLacarix » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:41 pm

It was a warm summers day, the crowds of Konoha glared at the man known as Aizawa, Yoru as he slowly walked through the village. They parted from side to side like the red sea had done for moses. Though he was no prophet or an idol but a man looked at with fear and disgust, almost an enemy.

Three years Yoru spent in prison for his crimes, paying his debt. Though he truly should have paid a lifetime.

Nevertheless, as cruel as a human as Yoru had become he truly cared from nothing more than the people who looked at him with such distain, he’d do everything and anything to protect them. It’s what made him such a good Commander of the Anbu, he dared do what others would not. No matter what, he’d show them no distain back.

As he came closer to his destination, his hands pushed gently on the heavy doors of the Hokage building parting them and letting himself in. Making his way up to the stairs and down the hallway, a none descript guard donning a Konoha flak jacket began to speak.

“Ah, Lord Aizawa the Hokage is waiting for you.”

“I know.” Replied Yoru, pushing open the door and entering Takeo’s office.

“Lord Hokage..” his tone sounded sarcastic and somewhat venomous “You requested my presence?” Closing the door behind him, he stepped forward. The student and Sensei had spent very little time with one another since the war and their relationship had come to a stand still for quite some time, Takeo though was still his Sensei and they had an almost unbreakable bond.

Well, almost….
CharactersShow

The White Eyed Demon of the Leaf
Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Izanagi

Son in the Shadows

Post by Izanagi » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:34 pm

And so, he had been growing more used to relying on his Bannin to maintain order throughout the vast regions of Fire country. Maintaining peace in regions under Fire country protection was paramount. He didn’t want to see the cultures of the new citizens stripped away but securing their resources to all those under Fire countries borders made it necessary to occupy the lands with military force. One way or another he would create peace, his allies were stronger than ever, the allied railways expanding across the continent bringing the life-altering speed of transit and trade to the common folk across the nation. But those who would fight to de-stabilize such revolutionary quality of life improvements would not be tolerated. It was for such reasons that Takeo had brought back the Anbu nearly 20 years ago. Leaders had changed a half dozen times over the years but now the current commander, Aizawa Yoru, was arguably the strongest yet to hold the position of the Hokage’s right hand.

Takeo only wished his bond with the student could have remained as strong as it once was. They had each changed greatly over the years. Burdened with increased responsibility, enduring multiple attacks on their home, and emerging from the fires of war. Whatever playful brotherly banter they used to have seemed strained now in comparison to the lighthearted days of their youth. Each had betrayed the other in different ways and each time they repaired a new rift their relationship seemed to become a little more jaded. After Yoru had attempted to kill him, the formerly rogue ninja had only been brought in by using the Hokage’s own son, someone Yoru considered a nephew, in order to catch him off guard. And now, Takeo intended to utilize his other son to keep a closer eye on the man that worked in the shadows to serve the light of the village. Takeshi was the type of person Yoru would gravitate toward, a Hyuuga with a strong sense of justice and hate for the enemy.

The red-haired Bannin entered the Hokage’s office and Takeo found himself feeling reluctant. When he saw Yoru now he saw a viper; dangerous, angry and untrustworthy. Though he knew within the man there was still the boy he loved. The farm boy so full of humor and optimism, a pure heart that wished to help, to save others from the same trauma he had experienced. Had he been wrong to train the boy to become a killer? To embrace the rage when necessary, to kill those who deserved to die in order to protect the innocent and keep the hands of others clean. He had thought he had provided Yoru with a family, true acceptance and a brotherly bond as strong as the love he felt for his own children. But somewhere along the line duty and vengeance seemed to blur together and consume him. And now, Takeo wasn’t quite sure who the true Yoru really was anymore. “Yoru” he greeted, letting his students name hang in the air.

Over the last decade, the two had spent more years apart from one another than together. How long had it been since they had a day together to just go out to a bathhouse followed by drinks and food like they used to? Probably not since the twins were mere toddlers. Though he did have an agenda in requesting to see the man, that could wait. “We should talk” he started, pulling out two small glasses and a bowl of ice from a mini-fridge and freezer under his desk. Standing and turning he moved to a shelf of about a dozen bottles of various expensive wines and whiskeys before pulling out one of their favorite whiskeys. “I feel like the pressures of the job have gotten to us both over the years. Twenty years you’ve been my student, my friend” he exhaled, moving back to his seat and fixing them each a drink, a few ice-cubes and then a healthy fill to about a third of the glass. “You tried to kill me” he addressed whimsically, chuckling lightly though there was a distinct pain in his normally playful eyes. Cobalt blue they could sometimes feel so piercing and intense but others so burdened. The bearded warrior of Konoha, though still in peak physical shape could feel the wear on his body. Some of the red tints in his beard had turned grey and there were even a few strands coming through the chestnut brown hair atop his head. Growing wrinkles under his eyes indicated years of long hours spent working and training even well into the night and before the sun rose in the morning.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

TheLacarix

Son in the Shadows

Post by TheLacarix » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:14 pm

Yoru’s single hazel eye fell upon Takeo, taking in his features he was looking older. Whisps of grey sprouting in his hair and beard, certainly expected from a man of his ages even Yoru had gained a few here and there that he plucked out. His Sensei was looking more and more like a kage every day, he was fitting into the role quite nicely.

He took a seat in front of Takeo’s desk, listening to him and watching him bring out one of the pair’s favourite whiskeys. Once poured, he nodded in gratitude wrapping his fingertips around the cold glass, breathed in the scent of the smooth whiskey and took a large sip.

“If I wanted you dead, you’d be dead.” He said slowly, coldly and ominously “Plus you’ve survived much worse, a simple kunai wouldn't finish you off.” Chuckling after, a glint of the person he once was. If Yoru was honest with himself, the moment he stabbed the clone he was filled with remorse and had never been happier in his life once he realised it was a clone.

Yoru made a mistake, he was afraid and angry and had assessed the situation wrong. He would never make the same mistake again, gaining information had become his biggest priority creating connections in enemy villages, setting sleeper agents in place and gaining informants in the minor countries.

“Why have you asked me here Takeo?” he said, getting straight to the point.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Izanagi

Son in the Shadows

Post by Izanagi » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:35 pm

Takeo chuckled heartily at Yoru’s comment, “I suppose that’s true” it had only been a shadow clone after all. It was hardly the first time he had been in a dangerous situation. His spars with each of the previous ANBU commanders, Gene and Yusuke both resulted in a few close calls as well. It was practically a job requirement to be able to match him and keep him on his toes. And of course, he had received substantial wounds before, his body was riddled in scars, many of them occurring on missions where he fought alongside Yoru, he had even been cut deeply across the torso. If nothing else, Takeo’s wide array of skills meant he was good at adapting and surviving through dangerous situations, even if he didn’t have the same offensive firepower or unique abilities that many of his S-rank peers boasted. Truthfully, he was just a normal man that had been pushed to be better for his village and for his students, learning whatever he needed to in order to teach and protect them.

The only thing truly special about the Hokage was his trust in others and ability to form the types of friendships he knew he could rely on. “I am getting older though, I should probably stop chasing after S-ranks. Your generation is truly extraordinary” he considered, taking a deep sip of his whiskey. Though he smirked wolfishly, both men knew that wasn’t true. No matter what he had to live for, his wife, his children, all those in the village that were precious to him. Takeo was a warrior through and through and he would never stop fighting and protecting those that counted on him. One day it would catch up to him, but he would persevere until then, as he has always done.

He gave Yoru a measured look at his cold directness. He could still see a flicker of the farm boy he loved in there, but he knew the weight of being ANBU commander. He had been much the same in that position, but he knew how to separate those two parts of his life. It was something that was deeply important to him. Protecting his home life and his friendships from the burdens of the job. Which made what he was about to do all the more difficult. “Yozei is moving to the Shitenno Jou-Ryu palace in Dragon Province, Hanako is living a comfortable life, spending more time in the village teaching and helping others, but the twins; Takeshi and Kaori. I fear they are too dependant on one another. They need to learn to grow into their own. Takeshi has so much hate in him, so devoted and strong but he needs a type of guidance I can’t provide. He needs you, ANBU, a way to hone his skill and give him direction. I can’t think of anyone more suited to train him than you” he explained. It was hard for him to offer up his youngest son to such a dangerous organization. But his entire family were shinobi, and greatness ran in their blood. And of all his children Takeshi was clearly the most suited for this type of work.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

TheLacarix

Son in the Shadows

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:54 pm

Yoru couldn’t lie when it came to Takeo’s combat ability, he was a resilient shinobi with a fine set of skills, but he was getting a bit long in the tooth. Though the Bannin suspected once he got out and spread his wings a little, he’d get back into it with ease. It was true that the high level shinobi we’re getting stronger and stronger. The young child known as Shio had attained power within such a short time and even conquered a nation, though Yoru was never interested in that kind of power himself he preferred the more subtle lifestyle he was now living.

He was shocked to hear Takeo’s suggestion of taking in his son as a student and even worse a member of root, he knew more than anyone the physical and mental pressure that would take. Then the temptation that Yoru would be under, it would be liking throwing a steak to a starved wolf. Was Takeo testing him? It seemed unlikely he’d put his son in such danger, perhaps he was also coming in as a spy. That would make sense, though Yoru would report most things that he was doing anyway.

It was a difficult situation to figure out though he didn’t have a choice, he would follow the hokage’s orders and take on Takeshi as his subordinate “As you wish Lord Hokage.” He said slowly and cautiously, wondering what Takeo’s plan was “I’ll have a room set up for him, give him the coordinates and ask him to find his way.” It was a difficult task in itself to locate the Anbu headquarters and a good first test.

“Whilst I’m here, I do have some information to report.” He said as he pulled out a dossier of handwritten papers sliding them across the table for Takeo to take, though he would give a verbal debrief as well.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

TheLacarix

Son in the Shadows

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:55 pm

Yoru couldn’t lie when it came to Takeo’s combat ability, he was a resilient shinobi with a fine set of skills, but he was getting a bit long in the tooth. Though the Bannin suspected once he got out and spread his wings a little, he’d get back into it with ease. It was true that the high level shinobi we’re getting stronger and stronger. The young child known as Shio had attained power within such a short time and even conquered a nation, though Yoru was never interested in that kind of power himself he preferred the more subtle lifestyle he was now living.

He was shocked to hear Takeo’s suggestion of taking in his son as a student and even worse a member of root, he knew more than anyone the physical and mental pressure that would take. Then the temptation that Yoru would be under, it would be liking throwing a steak to a starved wolf. Was Takeo testing him? It seemed unlikely he’d put his son in such danger, perhaps he was also coming in as a spy. That would make sense, though Yoru would report most things that he was doing anyway.

It was a difficult situation to figure out though he didn’t have a choice, he would follow the hokage’s orders and take on Takeshi as his subordinate “As you wish Lord Hokage.” He said slowly and cautiously, wondering what Takeo’s plan was “I’ll have a room set up for him, give him the coordinates and ask him to find his way.” It was a difficult task in itself to locate the Anbu headquarters and a good first test.

“Whilst I’m here, I do have some information to report.” He said as he pulled out a dossier of handwritten papers sliding them across the table for Takeo to take, though he would give a verbal debrief as well.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru